How Do Banks Determine Capital? Evidence from Germany
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Dahl, Drew & Shrieves, Ronald E., 1991. "The impact of regulation on bank equity infusions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 467-468, April.
- Marcus, Alan J, 1983. " The Bank Capital Decision: A Time Series-Cross Section Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1217-1232, September.
- Heid, Frank & Porath, Daniel & Stolz, Stéphanie, 2003.
"Does capital regulation matter for bank behavior? Evidence for German savings banks,"
Kiel Working Papers
1192, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Heid, Frank & Porath, Daniel & Stolz, Stéphanie, 2004. "Does capital regulation matter for bank behaviour? Evidence for German savings banks," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2004,03, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Shrieves, Ronald E. & Dahl, Drew, 2003. "Discretionary accounting and the behavior of Japanese banks under financial duress," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1219-1243, July.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Jacques, Kevin & Nigro, Peter, 1997. "Risk-based capital, portfolio risk, and bank capital: A simultaneous equations approach," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 533-547.
- Shrieves, Ronald E. & Dahl, Drew, 1992. "The relationship between risk and capital in commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 439-457, April.
- Tolga Ediz & Ian Michael & William Perraudin, 1998. "The impact of capital requirements on U.K. bank behaviour," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 15-22.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Jacques, Kevin T., 2001. "The impact of FDICIA and prompt corrective action on bank capital and risk: Estimates using a simultaneous equations model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1139-1160, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandra Dal Colle, 2011. "Finance–growth nexus: does causality withstand financial liberalization? Evidence from cointegrated VAR," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 127-154, August.
- Christina Nicolas & Tammuz H. Alraheb & Amine Tarazi, 2017. "Institutional Environment and Bank Capital Ratios," Working Papers 1147, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 2003.
- Weißbach, Rafael & Walter, Ronja, 2010. "A likelihood ratio test for stationarity of rating transitions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 155(2), pages 188-194, April.
- Memmel, Christoph & Raupach, Peter, 2010. "How do banks adjust their capital ratios?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 509-528, October.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:442-453 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:90-104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Odunayo Magret Olarewaju & Joseph Olorunfemi Akande, 2016. "An Empirical Analysis of Capital Adequacy Determinants in Nigerian Banking Sector," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(12), pages 132-142, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:germec:v:9:y:2008:i::p:354-372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.