Return Guarantees with Delayed Payment
A unit-linked insurance contract can be formulated in terms of a guaranteed amount together with a fraction of a positive excess return of a benchmark portfolio. Normally, the excess return is determined annually and accumulated until the maturity of the contract. The accumulation factor that is granted with respect to the delayed payments can either be deterministic or equal to the (stochastic) bank account. It turns out that the common choice of a deterministic accumulation factor gives rise to problems concerning the pricing and the risk management of the insurance contract. Copyright 2008 The Authors.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 9 (2008)
Issue (Month): (05)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6485|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1465-6485|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 69-96, November.
- Antje Mahayni & Erik Schlögl, 2003.
"The Risk Management of Minimum Return Guarantees,"
Research Paper Series
102, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Antje Mahayni & Erik Schlögl, 2003. "The Risk Management of Minimum Return Guarantees," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse18_2003, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Bacinello, Anna Rita, 2001. "Fair Pricing of Life Insurance Participating Policies with a Minimum Interest Rate Guaranteed," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 275-297, November.
- Dudenhausen, Antje & Erik Schloegl & Lutz Schloegl, 1999. "Robustness of Gaussian Hedges and the Hedging of Fixed Income Derivatives," Discussion Paper Serie B 422, University of Bonn, Germany, revised Apr 1999.
- Antje Dudenhausen & Erik Schlögl & Lutz Schlögl, 1999. "Robustness of Gaussian Hedges and the Hedging of Fixed Income Derivatives," Research Paper Series 19, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- J. Aase Nielsen & Klaus Sandmann, 1996. "Uniqueness of the Fair Premium for Equity-Linked Life Insurance Contracts," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 21(1), pages 65-102, June.
- Nielsen, J. Aase & Klaus Sandmann, 1995. "Uniqueness of the Fair Premium for Equity-Linked Life Insurance Contracts," Discussion Paper Serie B 327, University of Bonn, Germany, revised Mar 1996.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:germec:v:9:y:2008:i::p:207-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.