Financial fair play in European football
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Szymanski, 2012. "Insolvency in English professional football: Irrational Exuberance or Negative Shocks?," Working Papers 1202, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Jeffery Borland, 2003. "Demand for Sport," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 478-502, Winter.
- Luis Garicano & Ignacio Palacios-Huerta & Canice Prendergast, 2005.
"Favoritism Under Social Pressure,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(2), pages 208-216, May.
- Luis Garicano & Ignacio Palacios & Canice Prendergast, 2001. "Favoritism Under Social Pressure," NBER Working Papers 8376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luis Garicano & Ignacio Palacios-Huerta & Canice Prendergast, 2001. "Favoritism Under Social Pressure," Working Papers 2001-16, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Olley, G Steven & Pakes, Ariel, 1996.
"The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1263-1297, November.
- George S Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics Of Productivity In The Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers 92-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- G. Steven Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," NBER Working Papers 3977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon Rottenberg, 1956. "The Baseball Players' Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 242-242.
- Egon Franck & Markus Lang, 2014.
"A Theoretical Analysis of the Influence of Money Injections on Risk Taking in Football Clubs,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 61(4), pages 430-454, September.
- Egon Franck & Markus Lang, 2013. "A Theoretical Analysis of the Influence of Money Injections on Risk Taking in Football Clubs," Working Papers 0160, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Thomas Hoehn & Stefan Szymanski, 1999. "The Americanization of European football," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 203-240, April.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barth Michael, 2015. "Contemporary Research in Sports Economics: Proceedings of the 5th ESEA Conference: Besprechung des von Oliver Budzinski und Arne Feddersen herausgegebenen gleichnamigen Tagungsbandes," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 66(1), pages 353-359, January.
- Thomas Peeters & Steven Salaga & Matthew Juravich, 2015. "Matching and Winning? The Impact of Upper and Middle Managers on Team Performance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-115/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Budzinski, Oliver, 2017. "Market-internal financial regulation in sports as an anticompetitive institution," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 110, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Budzinski, Oliver, 2014. "The competition economics of financial fair play," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 85, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Colin Green & Fernando Lozano & Rob Simmons, 2015.
"Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions' League Qualifying Rules,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 232(1), pages 30-40, May.
- Green, Colin P. & Lozano, Fernando A. & Simmons, Rob, 2015. "Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions League Qualifying Rules," IZA Discussion Papers 8950, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stefan Szymanski, 2016. "Professional Asian Football Leagues and the Global Market," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 11(1), pages 16-38, January.
- repec:bla:scotjp:v:64:y:2017:i:4:p:419-444 is not listed on IDEAS
- Santiago-Caballero, Carlos & Fernández-Roldán Díaz, Alejandro, 2017. "Decomposing competitive balance in the major European football leagues : a Rawlsian approach," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH 24658, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- repec:oup:jcomle:v:11:y:2015:i:2:p:409-429. is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Madden, 2014. "Does Break-Even Regulation of Soccer Clubs Make Sense?," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1405, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Egon Franck, 2016. " A comment on the newly revised “2015 version” of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations," Working Papers 362, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Budzinski, Oliver, 2017. "Sind Wettbewerbe im Profisport Rattenrennen?," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 104, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- repec:kap:jproda:v:48:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11123-017-0508-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angelo D’Andrea & Donato Masciandaro, 2016. "Financial Fair Play in European Football: Economics and Political Economy a Review Essay," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1615, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Ariela Caglio & Angelo D’Andrea & Donato Masciandaro & Gianmarco Ottaviano, 2016. "Does Fair Play Matter? UEFA Regulation and Financial Sustainability in the European Football Industry," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1638, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Gilles Paché, 2015. "Governance of Professional Sport Leagues: Towards a Convergence Between North America and Europe?," Post-Print hal-01436436, HAL.
- Oliver Budzinski & Stefan Szymanski, 2015.
"Are Restrictions Of Competition By Sports Associations Horizontal Or Vertical In Nature?,"
Journal of Competition Law and Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 409-429.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Szymanski, Stefan, 2014. "Are restrictions of competition by sports associations horizontal or vertical in nature?," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 86, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Costanza Torricelli & Maria Cesira Urzì Brancati & Luca Mirtoleni, 2014. "The impact of skill and management structure on Serie A Clubs’ performance," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 14107, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Szymanski, Stefan & Wilkinson, Guy, 2016. "Testing the O-Ring theory using data from the English Premier League," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 468-481.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecpoli:v:29:y:2014:i:78:p:343-390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebruuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.