Venture capital and patented innovation: evidence from Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Grid Thoma & Salvatore Torrisi, 2006.
"The market value of patents and R&D: Evidence from European firms,"
KITeS Working Papers
186, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Nov 2006.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Grid Thoma & Salvatore Torrisi, 2007. "The market value of patents and R&D: Evidence from European firms," NBER Working Papers 13426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Herrera, Ana María & Minetti, Raoul, 2007. "Informed finance and technological change: Evidence from credit relationships," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 223-269, January.
- Engel, Dirk & Keilbach, Max, 2007.
"Firm-level implications of early stage venture capital investment -- An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 150-167, March.
- Max Keilbach & Dirk Engel, "undated". "Firm Level Implications of Early Stage Venture Capital Investment - An Empiri cal Investigation," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-22, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Keilbach, Max & Engel, Dirk, 2002. "Firm Level Implications of Early Stage Venture Capital Investment: An Empirical Investigation," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-82, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Da Rin, Marco & Di Giacomo, Marina & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship, firm entry, and the taxation of corporate income: Evidence from Europe,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(9), pages 1048-1066.
- Da Rin, Marco & Di Giacomo, Marina & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2011. "Entrepreneurship, firm entry, and the taxation of corporate income: Evidence from Europe," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(9-10), pages 1048-1066, October.
- Da Rin, Marco & Nicodano, Giovanna & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2006.
"Public policy and the creation of active venture capital markets,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1699-1723, September.
- Marco Da Rin & Giovanna Nicodano & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2004. "Public Policy and the Creation of Active Venture Capital Markets," Working Papers 270, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Da Rin, M. & Nicodano, G. & Sembenelli, A., 2006. "Public policy and the creation of active venture capital markets," Other publications TiSEM 94370b9a-a6ac-444d-85a2-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Da Rin, Marco & Nicodano, Giovanna & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2005. "Public policy and the creation of active venture capital markets," Working Paper Series 430, European Central Bank.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 17-45
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1979. "Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 92-116, Spring.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya & Jay R. Ritter, 1983. "Innovation and Communication: Signalling with Partial Disclosure," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(2), pages 331-346.
- Bottazzi, Laura & Da Rin, Marco & Hellmann, Thomas, 2008.
"Who are the active investors?: Evidence from venture capital,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 488-512, September.
- L. Bottazzi & M. Da Rin & T. Hellmann, 2007. "Who are the active investors? Evidence from Venture Capital," Working Papers 611, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bottazzi, L. & Da Rin, M. & Hellmann, T., 2008. "Who are the active investors? Evidence from venture capital," Other publications TiSEM 9336411f-ac48-4fad-8a2c-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan V, 1997. "Banking Scope and Financial Innovation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 1099-1131.
- Stefano Caselli & Stefano Gatti & Francesco Perrini, 2009. "Are Venture Capitalists a Catalyst for Innovation?," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 15(1), pages 92-111.
- Amit, Raphael & Brander, James & Zott, Christoph, 1998. "Why do venture capital firms exist? theory and canadian evidence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 441-466, November.
- Gompers, Paul A., 1996. "Grandstanding in the venture capital industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 133-156, September.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Stromberg, 2001. "Venture Capitalists As Principals: Contracting, Screening, and Monitoring," NBER Working Papers 8202, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laura Bottazzi & Marco Da Rin, 2002. "Venture capital in Europe and the financing of innovative companies," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(34), pages 229-270, April.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Peter Cappelli, 2000. "Examining the Incidence of Downsizing and Its Effect on Establishment Performance," NBER Working Papers 7742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hellmann, Thomas & Puri, Manju, 2000. "The Interaction between Product Market and Financing Strategy: The Role of Venture Capital," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 959-984.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raffaello Bronzini & Giampaolo Caramellino & Silvia Magri, 2017. "Venture capitalists at work: what are the effects on the firms they finance?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1131, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Philip Vermeulen, 2012. "Bank dependence and investment during the financial crisis," Research Bulletin, European Central Bank, vol. 17, pages 12-14.
- Matthew Beacham & Bipasa Datta, 2013. "Who Becomes the Winner? Effects of Venture Capital on Firmsâ€™ Innovative Incentives - A Theoretical Investigation," Discussion Papers 13/33, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Faria, Ana Paula & Barbosa, Natália, 2014. "Does venture capital really foster innovation?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 129-131.
- Bertoni, Fabio & Tykvová, Tereza, 2013. "Which form of venture capital is most supportive of innovation? Evidence from European biotechnology companies," FZID Discussion Papers 69-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- José Bilau & Soumodip Sarkar, 2016. "Financing innovative start-ups in Portuguese context: what is the role of business angels networks?," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 7(4), pages 920-934, December.
- Bertoni, Fabio & Tykvová, Tereza, 2015. "Does governmental venture capital spur invention and innovation? Evidence from young European biotech companies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 925-935.
- Simone Manganelli, 2012. "The impact of the Securities Markets Programme," Research Bulletin, European Central Bank, vol. 17, pages 2-5.
- Watzinger, Martin & Schnitzer, Monika, 2014. "Measuring Spillovers of Venture Capital," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100318, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:wsi:ijitmx:v:14:y:2017:i:06:n:s0219877017500316 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernd Schwaab, 2012.
"Conditional probabilities and contagion measures for euro area sovereign default risk,"
European Central Bank, vol. 17, pages 6-11.
- Xin Zhang & Bernd Schwaab & Andre Lucas, 2011. "Conditional Probabilities and Contagion Measures for Euro Area Sovereign Default Risk," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-176/2/DSF29, Tinbergen Institute, revised 28 Jun 2012.
- Lahr, Henry & Mina, Andrea, 2016. "Venture capital investments and the technological performance of portfolio firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 303-318.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:51:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s11135-016-0405-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecpoli:v:27:y:2012:i:71:p:447-482. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebruuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.