Aggregate Investment and Political Instability: An Econometric Investigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Albrecht, James W & Axell, Bo, 1984.
"An Equilibrium Model of Search Unemployment,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(5), pages 824-840, October.
- Albrecht, James W & Axell, Bo, 1983. "An Equilibrium Model of Search Unemployment," Working Paper Series 99, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Albrecht, James & Axell, Bo, 1983. "An Equilibrium Model of Search Unemployment," Working Papers 83-10, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1984.
"Longitudinal Analyses of the Effects of Trade Unions,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1983. "Longitudinal Analyses of the Effects of Trade Unions," NBER Working Papers 1207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, Richard Barry, 1984. "Longitudinal Analyses of the Effects of Trade Unions," Scholarly Articles 4631951, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bent Hansen, 1970. "Excess Demand, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Wages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(1), pages 1-23.
- McKinley L. Blackburn & David E. Bloom & Richard B. Freeman, 1989. "The Declining Economic Position of Less-Skilled American Males," NBER Working Papers 3186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Harry J. Holzer & Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1991. "Job Queues and Wages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 739-768.
- Jackman, R & Layard, Richard & Pissarides, C, 1989. "On Vacancies," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(4), pages 377-394, November.
- Barron, John M & Bishop, John & Dunkelberg, William C, 1985. "Employer Search: The Interviewing and Hiring of New Employees," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 43-52, February.
- Harry J. Holzer, 1988. "Structural/Frictional and Demand-Deficient Unemployment in Local Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 2652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hosios, Arthur J, 1990. "Factor Market Search and the Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 325-355, April.
- Sattinger, Michael, 1990. "Unemployment, the Market for Interviews, and Wage Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 356-371, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ossama Mikhail, 2004. "Economic Freedom and The Business Cycle: The Egyptian Experience," Macroeconomics 0402002, EconWPA.
- Lin, Pei-Chien & Huang, Ho-Chuan (River), 2012. "Banking industry volatility and growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1007-1019.
- repec:spr:fininn:v:2:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1186_s40854-016-0028-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fredriksson, Per G. & Wollscheid, Jim R., 2008. "The political economy of investment: The case of pollution control technology," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 53-72, March.
- Hossam ELdin Mohammed Abdelkader, 2015. "Political Instability, Uncertainty, Democracy, and Economic Growth in Egypt," Working Papers 953, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2015.
- Rune Jansen Hagen & Gaute Torsvik, 2007.
"Irreversible Investments, Dynamic Inconsistency and Policy Convergence,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1910, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hagen, Rune Jansen & Torsvik, Gaute, 2008. "Irreversible investments, dynamic inconsistency and policy convergence," Working Papers in Economics 02/07, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Alberto Chong & Mark Gradstein, 2009. "Volatility and firm growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Pablo Acosta & Andrés Loza, 2005. "Short and long run determinants of private investment in Argentina," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 389-406, November.
- Sevastianova Daria, 2009. "Impact of War on Country per Capita GDP: A Descriptive Analysis," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Mikhail Ossama, 2005. "Economic Freedom and the Business Cycle: The Egyptian Experience," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, April.
- Andrew Williams & Abu Siddique, 2008. "The use (and abuse) of governance indicators in economics: a review," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 131-175, May.
- Kyaw, NyoNyo A. & Manley, John & Shetty, Anand, 2011. "Factors in multinational valuations: Transparency, political risk and diversification," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 55-67, February.
- Olaf Unteroberdoerster & Roberto Pereira Guimarães, 2006. "What’s Driving Private Investment in Malaysia? Aggregate Trends and Firm-Level Evidence," IMF Working Papers 06/190, International Monetary Fund.
- António Afonso & João Tovar Jalles, 2011. "Linking Investment and Fiscal Policies," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/16, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Luintel, Kul B. & Mavrotas, George, 2005. "Examining Private Investment Heterogeneity: Evidence from a Dynamic Panel," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2005/11, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ronen Bar-El, 2009. "Dictators, development, and the virtue of political instability," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 138(1), pages 29-44, January.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:22:y:2017:i:c:p:244-248 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lim, Jamus Jerome, 2014.
"Institutional and structural determinants of investment worldwide,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 160-177.
- Lim, Jamus Jerome, 2013. "Institutional and structural determinants of investment worldwide," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6591, The World Bank.
- repec:jed:journl:v:42:y:2017:i:2:p:17-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:iburev:v:27:y:2018:i:1:p:139-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saba Mushtaq & Danish Ahmed Siddiqui, 2016.
"Effect of interest rate on economic performance: evidence from Islamic and non-Islamic economies,"
Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Mushtaq, Saba & Siddiqui, Danish Ahmed, 2015. "Effect of interest rate on economic performance: Evidences from Islamic and Non-Islamic Economies," MPRA Paper 68298, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:econom:v:70:y:2003:i:279:p:533-549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.