Excess Capacity and Limit Pricing: An Empirical Test
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mathis, Stephen & Koscianski, Janet, 1997. "Excess capacity as a barrier to entry in the US titanium industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 263-281, April.
- Lalit Manral, 2015. "The demand-side dynamics of entrant heterogeneity," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 401-445, April.
- Mason, Charles F. & Nowell, Cliff, 1998. "An experimental analysis of subgame perfect play: the entry deterrence game," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 443-462, December.
- Cairns, Robert D. & Calfucura, Enrique, 2012. "OPEC: Market failure or power failure?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 570-580.
- V Ghosal, 2004. "Pre-Emptive Investment Behaviour and Industry Structure," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 9(1), pages 47-68, March.
- Yamawaki, Hideki, 2002. "Price reactions to new competition: A study of US luxury car market, 1986-1997," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 19-39, January.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:83:y:2018:i:c:p:160-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Arrieta Paredes, Mary-Paz, 2004. "Capacity Expansions timing patterns in the United Kingdom’s petroleum refining industry between 1948 and 1998," MPRA Paper 32239, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas, Louis A., 1999. "Incumbent firms' response to entry: Price, advertising, and new product introduction," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 527-555, May.
- Enrico Pennings, 2001. "Price or quantity setting under uncertain demand and capacity constraints: An examination of the profits," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 74(2), pages 157-171, June.
- M. Suresh Babu, 2002. "Economic reforms and entry barriers in Indian manufacturing," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 331, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2002. "Capacity Commitment and Licensing," Keele Economics Research Papers KERP 2002/05, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Arrieta Paredes, Mary-Paz, 2004. "The timing of capacity expansions as barriers to mobility in the United Kingdom’s petroleum refining industry between 1948 and 1998," MPRA Paper 32231, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carree, M. A. & Thurik, A. R., 1999. "The carrying capacity and entry and exit flows in retailing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 985-1007, October.
- M Suresh Babu, 2007. "Economic Reforms And Entry Barriers In Indian Manufacturing," Working Papers id:978, eSocialSciences.
- Mason, Charles F. & Phillips, Owen R., 2000. "An experimental evaluation of strategic preemption," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 107-135, January.
- Koscianski, Janet & Mathis, Stephen, 1995. "Excess capacity and the probability of entry An application to the US titanium industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 43-51, March.
- Cariola, Monica, 1999. "A high-potential sector: titanium metal: Oligopolistic policies and technological constraints as main limits to its development," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 151-159, September.
- Ciaran Driver, 2000. "Capacity Utilisation and Excess Capacity: Theory, Evidence, and Policy," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 16(1), pages 69-87, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:econom:v:53:y:1986:i:211:p:365-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.