Integrating Poverty and Environmental Concerns into Value-Chain Analysis: A Conceptual Framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blandford, David & Orden, David, 2008. "United States: Shadow WTO Agricultural Domestic Support Notifications," IFPRI discussion papers 821, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Frances Cleaver, 1999. "Paradoxes of participation: questioning participatory approaches to development," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., pages 597-612.
- World Bank, 2003. "Reaching the Rural Poor : A Renewed Strategy for Rural Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14084.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ponte, Stefano & Kelling, Ingrid & Jespersen, Karen Sau & Kruijssen, Froukje, 2014. "The Blue Revolution in Asia: Upgrading and Governance in Aquaculture Value Chains," World Development, Elsevier, pages 52-64.
- repec:gam:jlands:v:5:y:2016:i:2:p:7:d:66379 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabinyi, Michael, 2016. "Producing for Chinese luxury seafood value chains: Different outcomes for producers in the Philippines and North America," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 184-190.
- Donovan, Jason & Poole, Nigel, 2016. "Changing asset endowments and smallholder participation in higher-value markets: Evidence from certified-coffee producers in Nicaragua," IFPRI book chapters,in: Innovation for inclusive value-chain development: Successes and challenges, chapter 3, pages 93-126 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wamukota, A. & Brewer, T.D. & Crona, B., 2014. "Market integration and its relation to income distribution and inequality among fishers and traders: The case of two small-scale Kenyan reef fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 93-101.
- Ayuya, Oscar I. & Gido, Eric O. & Bett, Hillary K. & Lagat, Job K. & Kahi, Alexander K. & Bauer, Siegfried, 2015. "Effect of Certified Organic Production Systems on Poverty among Smallholder Farmers: Empirical Evidence from Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, pages 27-37.
- Daniel Tobin & Mark Brennan & Rama Radhakrishna, 2016. "Food access and pro-poor value chains: a community case study in the central highlands of Peru," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), pages 895-909.
- Irvine, Richard M., 2015. "A conceptual study of value chain analysis as a tool for assessing a veterinary surveillance system for poultry in Great Britain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 143-158.
- Tolentino-Zondervan, Frazen & Berentsen, Paul & Bush, Simon & Idemne, Joseph & Babaran, Ricardo & Lansink, Alfons Oude, 2016. "Comparison of Private Incentive Mechanisms for Improving Sustainability of Filipino Tuna Fisheries," World Development, Elsevier, pages 264-279.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0064-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Howard, Rebecca Joy & Tallontire, Anne & Stringer, Lindsay & Marchant, Rob, 2015. "Unraveling the Notion of “Fair Carbon”: Key Challenges for Standards Development," World Development, Elsevier, pages 343-356.
- Valerie Nelson & Anne Tallontire, 2014. "Battlefields of ideas: changing narratives and power dynamics in private standards in global agricultural value chains," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), pages 481-497.
- Donovan, Jason & Poole, Nigel, 2014. "Changing asset endowments and smallholder participation in higher value markets: Evidence from certified coffee producers in Nicaragua," Food Policy, Elsevier, pages 1-13.
- Staritz, Cornelia, 2012. "Value chains for development? Potentials and limitations of global value chain approaches in donor interventions," Working Papers 31, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
- Rich, Karl M. & Ross, R. Brent & Baker, A. Derek & Negassa, Asfaw, 2011. "Quantifying value chain analysis in the context of livestock systems in developing countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, pages 214-222.
- Jay Sterling Gregg & Simon Bolwig & Teis Hansen & Ola Solér & Sara Ben Amer-Allam & Júlia Pladevall Viladecans & Antje Klitkou & Arne Fevolden, 2017. "Value Chain Structures that Define European Cellulosic Ethanol Production," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, January.
- J. Dara Bloom, 2014. "Civil Society in Hybrid Governance: Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Legitimacy in Mediating Wal-Mart’s Local Produce Supply Chains in Honduras," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(10), pages 1-24, October.
- Flentø, Daniel & Ponte, Stefano, 2017. "Least-Developed Countries in a World of Global Value Chains: Are WTO Trade Negotiations Helping?," World Development, Elsevier, pages 366-374.
- Hugh Wenban-Smith & Anja Faße & Ulrike Grote, 2016. "Food security in Tanzania: the challenge of rapid urbanisation," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, pages 973-984.
- Kogg, Beatrice & Mont, Oksana, 2012. "Environmental and social responsibility in supply chains: The practise of choice and inter-organisational management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 154-163.
- Lisa L. Rausch & Holly K. Gibbs, 2016. "Property Arrangements and Soy Governance in the Brazilian State of Mato Grosso: Implications for Deforestation-Free Production," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 1-16, March.
- Marianne Nylandsted Larsen, 2016. "Sustaining Upgrading in Agricultural Value Chains? State-Led Value Chain Interventions and Emerging Bifurcation of the South Indian Smallholder Tea Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-19, October.
- Martin Borowiecki & Bernhard Dachs & Doris Hanzl-Weiss & Steffen Kinkel & Johannes Pöschl & Magdolna Sass & Thomas Christian Schmall & Robert Stehrer & Andrea Szalavetz, 2012. "Global Value Chains and the EU Industry," wiiw Research Reports 383, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1027-:d:101509 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:devpol:v:28:y:2010:i:2:p:173-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/odioruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.