Dietary Implications of Supermarket Development: A Global Perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua C. Gellers, 2016. "Crowdsourcing global governance: sustainable development goals, civil society, and the pursuit of democratic legitimacy," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 415-432, June.
- Emily Boyd & Natasha Grist & Sirkku Juhola & Valerie Nelson, 2009. "Exploring Development Futures in a Changing Climate: Frontiers for Development Policy and Practice," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 27(6), pages 659-674, November.
- J. Warren Evans & Robin Davies, 2015. "Too Global to Fail : The World Bank at the Intersection of National and Global Public Policy in 2025," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 20603.
- William Easterly, 2002. "The cartel of good intentions: The problem of bureaucracy in foreign aid," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 223-250.
- José Antonio Ocampo & Natalie Gómez-Arteaga, 2016. "Accountability in International Governance and the 2030 Development Agenda," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 7(3), pages 305-314, September.
- Gert Spaargaren & Peter Oosterveer, 2010. "Citizen-Consumers as Agents of Change in Globalizing Modernity: The Case of Sustainable Consumption," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(7), pages 1-22, June.
- Robin Davies & Jonathan Pickering, 2015. "Making Development Co-operation Fit for the Future: A Survey of Partner Countries," OECD Development Co-operation Working Papers 20, OECD Publishing.
- Goran Hyden, 2008. "After the Paris Declaration: Taking on the Issue of Power," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 26(3), pages 259-274, May.
- Deepa Narayan & Robert Chambers & Meera K. Shah & Patti Petesch, 2000. "Voices of the Poor : Crying Out for Change," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13848.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schipmann, Christin & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Modern food retailers and traditional markets in developing countries: Comparing quality, prices, and competition strategies in Thailand," Discussion Papers 108348, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Minten, Bart & Reardon, Thomas & Sutradhar, Rajib, 2010. "Food Prices and Modern Retail: The Case of Delhi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1775-1787, December.
- Qaim, Matin & Andersson, Camilla I.M. & Chege, Christine G.K. & Kimenju, Simon Chege & Klasen, Stephan & Rischke, Ramona, 2014.
"Nutrition Effects of the Supermarket Revolution on Urban Consumers and Smallholder Farmers in Kenya,"
180976, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Qaim, Matin & Andersson, Camilla I.M. & Chege, Christine G.K. & Kimenju, Simon Chege & Klasen, Stephan & Rischke, Ramona, 2014. "Nutrition Effects of the Supermarket Revolution on Urban Consumers and Smallholder Farmers in Kenya," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 177204, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kimenju, Simon & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "The Nutrition Transition and Indicators of Child Malnutrition," Discussion Papers 195709, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Matthew Kelly & Sam-ang Seubsman & Cathy Banwell & Jane Dixon & Adrian Sleigh, 2015. "Traditional, modern or mixed? Perspectives on social, economic, and health impacts of evolving food retail in Thailand," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(3), pages 445-460, September.
- Minten, Bart & Assefa, Thomas Woldu & Abebe, Girum & Engida, Ermias & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2016. "Food processing, transformation, and job creation: The case of Ethiopia’s enjera markets," ESSP working papers 96, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gómez, Miguel I. & Ricketts, Katie D., 2013. "Food value chain transformations in developing countries: Selected hypotheses on nutritional implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 139-150.
- Roemling, Cornelia & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Obesity Trends, Determinants and Policy Implications in Indonesia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126208, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Castellari, Elena & Scockai, Paolo, 2014. "The Effect of Trade Liberalization on Food Retail Structure and Food Price Levels in Italy: an Empirical Analysis," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182762, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cairns, Georgina & Macdonald, Laura, 2016. "Stakeholder insights on the planning and development of an independent benchmark standard for responsible food marketing," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 109-120.
- Meng, Ting & Florkowski, Wojciech J. & Sarpong, Daniel B. & Chinnan, Manjeet S. & Resurreccion, Anna V.A., 2014. "Consumerâ€™s Food Shopping Choice in Ghana: Supermarket or Traditional Outlets?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(A).
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2015.
"Retailers' Promotions: What Role Do They Play in Household Food Purchases by Degree of Food Access in Scotland?,"
148th Seminar, November 30-December 1, 2015, The Hague, The Netherlands
229275, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Akaichi, Faiçal & Leat, Philip M.K., 2015. "Retailers' Promotions: What Role Do They Play in Household Food Purchases by Degree of Food Access in Scotland?," 2015 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2015, Boston, Massachusetts 189695, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Castellari, Elena & Sckokai, Paolo, 2014. "Trade Liberalization and Food Retail Structure: The Italian Case," 2014 Third Congress, June 25-27, 2014, Alghero, Italy 173090, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Athina-Evera Qendro, 2015. "Albanian and UK Consumers’ Perceptions of Farmers’ Markets and Supermarkets as Outlets for Organic Food: An Exploratory Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-26, May.
- Wendy J. Umberger & Xiaobo He & Nicholas Minot & Hery Toiba, 2015.
"Examining the Relationship between the Use of Supermarkets and Over-nutrition in Indonesia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(2), pages 510-525.
- Umberger, Wendy J. & He, Xiaobo & Minot, Nicholas & Toiba, Hery, 2014. "Examining the Relationship between the Use of Supermarkets and Over-nutrition in Indonesia," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 177168, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:292-303 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:unt:jnapdj:v:24:y:2017:i:1:p:117-145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Megan Carney, 2012. "Compounding crises of economic recession and food insecurity: a comparative study of three low-income communities in Santa Barbara County," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 29(2), pages 185-201, June.
- Rudkin, Simon, 2015. "Supermarket Interventions and Diet in areas of Limited Retail Access: Policy Suggestions from the Seacroft Intervention Study," MPRA Paper 62434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dowler, Elizabeth A. & O’Connor, Deirdre, 2012. "Rights-based approaches to addressing food poverty and food insecurity in Ireland and UK," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 44-51.
- Lara Cockx & Liesbeth Colen & Joachim De Weerdt, 2017. "From Corn to Popcorn? Urbanization and Food Consumption in sub-Sahara Africa: Evidence From Rural-Urban Migrants in Tanzania," LICOS Discussion Papers 39017, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Rischke, Ramona & Kimenju, Simon C. & Klasen, Stephan & Qaim, Matin, 2015. "Supermarkets and food consumption patterns: The case of small towns in Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 9-21.
- Francesco Bimbo & Rosaria Viscecchia & Gianluca Nadone, 2013. "L’effetto della "filiera corta" sul livello di obesità in Italia," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 15(2), pages 97-110.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Chenarides, Lauren & Goetz, Stephan J., 2012. "Limited Food Access as an Equilibrium Outcome: An Empirical Analysis," 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium, May 30-31, Boston, MA 123196, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Demmler, Kathrin M. & Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2018.
"Supermarket Shopping and Nutritional Outcomes: A Panel Data Analysis for Urban Kenya,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 292-303.
- Demmler, Kathrin M. & Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2017. "Supermarket Shopping and Nutritional Outcomes: A Panel Data Analysis for Urban Kenya," Discussion Papers 253860, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:devpol:v:26:y:2008:i:6:p:657-692. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/odioruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.