A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of the Grameen Bank of Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mark Schreiner, 2001. "A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of the Grameen Bank of Bangladesh," Development and Comp Systems 0109007, EconWPA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghatak, Maitreesh & Guinnane, Timothy W., 1999.
"The economics of lending with joint liability: theory and practice,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 195-228, October.
- Ghatak, M. & Guinnane, T.W., 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Papers 791, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Maitreesh Ghatak & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Discussion Papers 98-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Maitreesh Ghatak & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Working Papers 791, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Bhatt, Nitin & Tang, Shui-Yan, 1998. "The problem of transaction costs in group-based microlending: An institutional perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 623-637, April.
- Conlin, Michael, 1999. "Peer group micro-lending programs in Canada and the United States," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 249-269, October.
- Hashemi, Syed M. & Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Riley, Ann P., 1996. "Rural credit programs and women's empowerment in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 635-653, April.
- Hossain, Mahabub, 1988. "Credit for alleviation of rural poverty: the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh," Research reports 65, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Conning, Jonathan, 1999. "Outreach, sustainability and leverage in monitored and peer-monitored lending," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 51-77, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:464322 is not listed on IDEAS
- Serra, Renata. & Botti, Fabrizio., 2011. "Walking on a tightrope : balancing MF financial sustainability and poverty orientation in Mali," ILO Working Papers 994643223402676, International Labour Organization.
- John Weiss & Heather Montgomery, 2005.
"Great Expectations: Microfinance and Poverty Reduction in Asia and Latin America,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3-4), pages 391-416.
- Weiss, John & Montgomery, Heather, 2004. "Great expectations: microfinance and poverty reduction in Asia and Latin America," MPRA Paper 33142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chowdhury, Prabal Roy, 2005.
"Group-lending: Sequential financing, lender monitoring and joint liability,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 415-439, August.
- Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2003. "Group-lending: Sequential financing, lender monitoring and joint liability," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-10, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4391 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahmad Nawaz, 2010. "Performance of Microfinance: The Role of Subsidies," Working Papers CEB 10-008.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Islam, Jamal & Mohajan, Haradhan & Datta, Rajib, 2012. "Aspects of microfinance system of Grameen Bank of Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 50691, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Mar 2012.
- MkNelly, Barbara & Kevane, Michael, 2002. "Improving Design and Performance of Group Lending: Suggestions from Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2017-2032, November.
- Weiss, John & Montgomery, Heather & Kurmanalieva, Elvira, 2003. "Micro finance and poverty reduction in Asia: what is the evidence?," MPRA Paper 33140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2004. "Group-lending with sequential financing, joint liability and social capital," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-23, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Gedajlovic, Eric & Neubaum, Donald O. & Shulman, Joel M., 2009. "A typology of social entrepreneurs: Motives, search processes and ethical challenges," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 519-532, September.
- Flore Gubert & François Roubaud, 2005. "Analyser l’impact d’un projet de Micro-finance : l’exemple d’ADéFI à Madagascar," Working Papers DT/2005/14, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Shakil Quayes & Baqui Khalily, 2013. "Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions in Bangladesh," Working Papers 19, Institute of Microfinance (InM).
More about this item
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- N3 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:devpol:v:21:y:2003:i::p:357-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/odioruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.