Modelling the Impact of Overnight Surprises on Intra-Daily Volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Giampiero M. Gallo, 2001. "Modelling the Impact of Overnight Surprises on Intra-daily Volatility," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2001_02, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
References listed on IDEAS
- Clark, Peter K, 1973. "A Subordinated Stochastic Process Model with Finite Variance for Speculative Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 135-155, January.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gallo Giampiero M. & Pacini Barbara, 1998.
"Early News is Good News: The Effects of Market Opening on Market Volatility,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(4), pages 1-19, January.
- Gallo, G.M. & Pacini, B., 1998. "Early News Is Good News. The Effects of Market Opening on Market Volatility," Economics Working Papers eco98/3, European University Institute.
- Gerety, Mason S & Mulherin, J Harold, 1994. "Price Formation on Stock Exchanges: The Evolution of Trading within the Day," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 609-629.
- Romer, David, 1993. "Rational Asset-Price Movements without News," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1112-1130, December.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1987. " Trading Mechanisms and Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 533-553, July.
- Stoll, Hans R & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. "Stock Market Structure and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 37-71.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian T. Brownlees & Giampiero M. Gallo, 2010.
"Comparison of Volatility Measures: a Risk Management Perspective,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 8(1), pages 29-56, Winter.
- Christian T. Brownlees & Giampiero Gallo, 2008. "Comparison of Volatility Measures: a Risk Management Perspective," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2008_03, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Massimiliano Caporin & Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer, 2016.
"Are the S&P 500 Index and Crude Oil, Natural Gas and Ethanol Futures related for Intra-Day Data?,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
16-006/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer, 2016. "Are the S&P 500 Index and Crude Oil, Natural Gas and Ethanol Futures Related for Intra-Day Data?," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2016-01, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Caporin, M. & Chang, C-L. & McAleer, M.J., 2016. "Are the S&P 500 Index and Crude Oil, Natural Gas and Ethanol Futures Related for Intra-Day Data?," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2016-02, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Todorova, Neda & Souček, Michael, 2014. "The impact of trading volume, number of trades and overnight returns on forecasting the daily realized range," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 332-340.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen & Asger Lunde, 2005. "A Realized Variance for the Whole Day Based on Intermittent High-Frequency Data," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(4), pages 525-554.
- Christian T. Brownlees & Giampiero Gallo, 2007. "Volatility Forecasting Using Explanatory Variables and Focused Selection Criteria," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2007_04, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Nicholas Taylor, 2008. "The predictive value of temporally disaggregated volatility: evidence from index futures markets," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(8), pages 721-742.
- Pierre Blanc & R'emy Chicheportiche & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2013. "The fine structure of volatility feedback II: overnight and intra-day effects," Papers 1309.5806, arXiv.org, revised May 2014.
- Hiroki Masuda & Takayuki Morimoto, 2009. "An Optimal Weight for Realized Variance Based on Intermittent High-Frequency Data," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-033, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Blanc, Pierre & Chicheportiche, Rémy & Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe, 2014. "The fine structure of volatility feedback II: Overnight and intra-day effects," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 402(C), pages 58-75.
- Ana-Maria Fuertes & Elena Kalotychou & Natasa Todorovic, 2015. "Daily volume, intraday and overnight returns for volatility prediction: profitability or accuracy?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 251-278, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ausecp:v:40:y:2001:i:4:p:567-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0004-900X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.