Empirical evidence on contract farming in northern Nigeria: Case study of tomato production
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:95:y:2017:i:c:p:73-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Birthal, Pratap S. & Jha, Awadhesh K. & Tiongco, Marites & Narrod, Clare, 2008. "Improving farm-to-market linkages through contract farming: A case study of smallholder dairying in India," IFPRI discussion papers 814, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vande Velde, Katrien & Maertens, Miet, 2014. "Contract-farming in staple food chains: the case of rice in Benin," Working Papers 189419, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Victoria A Beard, 2005. "Individual Determinants of Participation in Community Development in Indonesia," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 23(1), pages 21-39, February.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Andrea Ichino & Fabrizia Mealli & Tommaso Nannicini, 2008.
"From temporary help jobs to permanent employment: what can we learn from matching estimators and their sensitivity?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 305-327.
- Ichino, Andrea & Mealli, Fabrizia & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2006. "From Temporary Help Jobs to Permanent Employment: What Can We Learn from Matching Estimators and their Sensitivity?," IZA Discussion Papers 2149, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ichino, Andrea & Mealli, Fabrizia & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2006. "From Temporary Help Jobs to Permanent Employment: What Can We Learn from Matching Estimators and their Sensitivity?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5736, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maertens, Miet & Vande Velde, Katrien, 2017.
"Contract-farming in Staple Food Chains: The Case of Rice in Benin,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 73-87.
- Velde, Katrien & Maertens, Miet, 2015. "Contract-farming in staple food chains: the case of rice in Benin," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212205, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2009.
"Impact of Contract Farming on Income: Linking Small Farmers, Packers, and Supermarkets in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1781-1790, November.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2007. "Impact of contract farming on income: Linking small farmers, packers, and supermarket in China," IFPRI discussion papers 742, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Singh, Sukhpal, 2002. "Contracting Out Solutions: Political Economy of Contract Farming in the Indian Punjab," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1621-1638, September.
- Mercy Maiwa Mwambi & Judith Oduol & Patience Mshenga & Mwanarusi Saidi, 2016. "Does contract farming improve smallholder income? The case of avocado farmers in Kenya," Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(1), pages 2-20, May.
- repec:ags:auagre:262469 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saigenji, Yoshiko & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Effect of contract farming on productivity and income of small holders: The case of tea production in north-western Vietnam," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51681, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Warning, Matthew & Key, Nigel, 2002. "The Social Performance and Distributional Consequences of Contract Farming: An Equilibrium Analysis of the Arachide de Bouche Program in Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 255-263, February.
- Vande Velde, Katrien & Maertens, Miet, 2014. "Impact of contract-farming in staple food chains: the case of rice in Benin," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182682, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sununtar Setboonsarng & PingSun Leung & Junning Cai, 2006. "Contract Farming and Poverty Reduction: The Case of Organic Rice Contract Farming in Thailand," Chapters,in: Poverty Strategies in Asia, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Victoria A Beard, 2005. "Individual determinants of participation in community development in Indonesia," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(1), pages 21-39, February.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2005. "Violating Ignorability Of Treatment By Controlling For Too Many Factors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(05), pages 1026-1028, October.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
More about this item
KeywordsTomato income; Nigeria; Participation; Transaction cost; Household income;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:ajosrd:2016:p:240-253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qazi Muhammad Imran). General contact details of provider: http://www.aessweb.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.