Revisiting the Causal Nexus between Defense Expenditure and Economic Growth: Time Series Analysis for Saudi Arabia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Uk Heo, 1999. "Defense Spending and Economic Growth in South Korea: The Indirect Link," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 36(6), pages 699-708, November.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Wang, Tung-Pao & Shyu, Stacy Huey-Pyng & Chou, Han-Chung, 2012. "The impact of defense expenditure on economic productivity in OECD countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2104-2114.
- Jeffrey Smith & M. H. Tuttle, 2008. "Does Defense Spending Really Promote Aggregate Output In The United States?," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(6), pages 435-447.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Pavel Yakovlev, 2007. "Arms Trade, Military Spending, And Economic Growth," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 317-338.
- Halicioglu Ferda, 2004.
"Defense Spending and Economic Growth in Turkey: An Empirical Application of New Macroeconomic Theory,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 34-43, December.
- Ferda Halicioglu, 2005. "Defense Spending and economic growth in Turkey: an empirical application of new macroeconomic theory," Macroeconomics 0504011, EconWPA.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Leitão, Nuno Carlos & Uddin, Gazi Salah & Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric, 2013.
"Should Portuguese economy invest in defense spending? A revisit,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 805-815.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Nuno, Carlos Leitão & Ghazi, Salah Uddin, 2012. "Should Portuguese Economy Invest in Defense Spending? A Revisit," MPRA Paper 42289, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Oct 2012.
- Karen Rasler & William R. Thompson, 1988. "Defense Burdens, Capital Formation, and Economic Growth," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 32(1), pages 61-86, March.
- Albert Wijeweera & Matthew Webb, 2009. "Military Spending And Economic Growth In Sri Lanka: A Time Series Analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(6), pages 499-508.
- Deger, Saadet, 1986. "Economic Development and Defense Expenditure," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 179-196, October.
- Saad A. Alshahrani & Ali J. Alsadiq, 2014. "Economic Growth and Government Spending in Saudi Arabia; an Empirical Investigation," IMF Working Papers 14/3, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:83:y:1989:i:04:p:1285-1293_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- H. Sonmez Atesoglu, 2002. "Defense Spending Promotes Aggregate Output in the United States--Evidence from Cointegration Analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 55-60.
- Albert Wijeweera & Matthew J. Webb, 2011. "Military Spending and Economic Growth in South Asia: A Panel Data Analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 545-554, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
More about this item
KeywordsGDP; Oil GDP; Non-Oil GDP; Defense expenditure; Time series analysis; Saudi Arabia.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:ajemod:2017:p:35-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qazi Muhammad Imran). General contact details of provider: http://www.aessweb.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.