Determinants of Inward FDI in Mongolia: An Application of the ARDL Bounds Testing Approach to Cointegration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Li, Bin Grace & Gupta, Pranav & Yu, Jiangyan, 2017. "From natural resource boom to sustainable economic growth: Lessons from Mongolia," International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 7-25.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2004. "Determinants of FDI flows to developing economies: evidence from Malaysia," MPRA Paper 2822, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand, 2006.
"On the Causal Links Between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 21-41, January.
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand, 2004. "On the Causal Links between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 04-30, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand, 2005. "On the Causal Links between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2005-31, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bekhet, Hussain Ali & Al-Smadi, Raed Walid, 2015. "Determinants of Jordanian foreign direct investment inflows: Bounds testing approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 27-35.
- Agiomirgianakis, G. M. & Asteriou, D. & Papathoma, K., 2003. "The determinants of foreign direct investment: a panel data study for the OECD countries," Working Papers 03/06, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Joel Deichmann & Socrates Karidis & Selin Sayek, 2003. "Foreign direct investment in Turkey: regional determinants," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(16), pages 1767-1778.
- Pranav Gupta & Grace B Li & Jiangyan Yu, 2015. "From Natural Resource Boom to Sustainable Economic Growth; Lessons for Mongolia," IMF Working Papers 2015/090, International Monetary Fund.
- Jiangyan Yu & James P Walsh, 2010. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment; A Sectoral and Institutional Approach," IMF Working Papers 2010/187, International Monetary Fund.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Faik Bilgili & Nadide S. Tülüce & Ibrahim Doğan & H. Hilal Bağlıtas, 2016. "The causality between FDI and sector-specific production in Turkey: evidence from threshold cointegration with regime shifts," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 345-360, January.
- Mohamed Abdouli & Sami Hammami, 2020. "Economic Growth, Environment, FDI Inflows, and Financial Development in Middle East Countries: Fresh Evidence from Simultaneous Equation Models," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 11(2), pages 479-511, June.
- Namrata Chindarkar & Dodo J. Thampapillai, 2018. "Rethinking Teaching of Basic Principles of Economics from a Sustainability Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-8, May.
- Amir Fejzić, 2017. "Sectorial Composition Of Foreign Direct Investment And Growth: The Case Of The See-5," Ekonomske ideje i praksa, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, issue 24, pages 87-116, March.
- Olga Golubeva, 2017. "Does Perception of Business Climate Differ Between Foreign and Local Investors. A Firm-level Study of Transition Economies in Eastern Europe and Central Asia," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 113-128, March.
- Daniele, Vittorio, 2007. "Criminalità e investimenti esteri. Un’analisi per le province italiane [The effect of organized crime on Foreign Investments. An Empirical Analysis for the Italian Provinces]," MPRA Paper 6417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wani, Mr. Nassir Ul Haq & Rehman, Mr. Noor, 2017. "Determinants of FDI in Afghanistan: An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 81975, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 May 2016.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Tselios, Vassilis & Winkler, Deborah & Farole, Thomas, 2013.
"Geography and the Determinants of Firm Exports in Indonesia,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 225-240.
- Farole, Thomas & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Tselios, Vassilis & Winkler, Deborah, 2013. "Geography and the Determinants of Firm Exports in Indonesia," CEPR Discussion Papers 9342, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Debarsy, Nicolas & Gnabo, Jean-Yves & Kerkour, Malik, 2017.
"Sovereign wealth funds’ cross-border investments: Assessing the role of country-level drivers and spatial competition,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 68-87.
- Nicolas DEBARSY & Jean-Yves GNABO & Malik KERKOUR, 2016. "Sovereign Wealth Funds’ cross-border investments: assessing the role of country-level drivers and spatial competition," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2173, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Nicolas Debarsy & Jean-Yves Gnabo & Malik Kerkour, 2017. "Sovereign Wealth Funds’ cross-border investments: assessing the role of country-level drivers and spatial competition," Post-Print hal-01251243, HAL.
- Sodiq Arogundade & Mduduzi Biyase & Hinaunye Eita, 2021. "Foreign Direct Investment and Inclusive Human Development in Sub-Saharan African Countries:Does local Economic Conditions Matter?," Economic Development and Well-being Research Group Working Paper Series edwrg-01-2021, University of Johannesburg, College of Business and Economics, revised 2021.
- Heba E. Helmy, 2013. "The impact of corruption on FDI: is MENA an exception?," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4), pages 491-514, July.
- Faruk Gürsoy & Hüseyin Kalyoncu, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment and Growth Relationship in Georgia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(3), pages 267-271.
- Paulo Júlio & Ricardo Pinheiro-Alves & José Tavares, 2011. "FDI and institutional reform in Portugal," GEE Papers 0040, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Sep 2011.
- Dmitry Burakov & Maxim Intse & Max Freidin, 2018. "Energy Consumption, Trade Openness and Exchange Rate Impact on Foreign Direct Investment in Union State of Russia and Belarus," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(4), pages 77-82.
- Veronica Yu. Chernova & Vasily S. Starostin & Galina V. Butkovskaya & Alexander M. Zobov, 2017. "Role of MNCs in Changing Preferences for Food Consumption in Russia under Import Substitution," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4B), pages 158-166.
- Takero Doi, 2010.
"Poverty Traps With Local Allocation Tax Grants In Japan,"
The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 466-487, December.
- Takero Doi, 2010. "Poverty traps with Local Allocation Tax grants in Japan," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2010-002, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Farole, Thomas & Winkler, Deborah, 2011. "Firm location and the determinants of exporting in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5780, The World Bank.
- Carike Claassen & ElsabÃ© Loots & Henri Bezuidenhout, 2011. "Chinese Foreign Direct Investment in Africa," Working Papers 261, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Elyas, Redha & Masih, Mansur, 2019. "Does environmental awareness determine GDP growth ? evidence from Singapore based on ARDL and NARDL approaches," MPRA Paper 94683, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdullahi Ahmed & Enjiang Cheng & George Messinis, 2011. "The role of exports, FDI and imports in development: evidence from Sub-Saharan African countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(26), pages 3719-3731.
More about this item
KeywordsMongolia; FDI determinants; macroeconomic determinants; ARDL bounds; VECM; Equilibrium relationships; Granger causality.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:aeafrj:2017:p:307-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chan Hoi Yan). General contact details of provider: http://www.aessweb.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.