Non-Energy Import Demand Function in Turkey: New Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Shahe Emran & Forhad Shilpi, 2010.
"Estimating an Import Demand Function in Developing Countries: A Structural Econometric Approach with Applications to India and Sri Lanka,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 307-319, May.
- M. Shahe Emran & Forhad Shilpi, 2008. "Estimating Import Demand Function in Developing Countries: A Structural Econometric Approach with Applications to India and Sri Lanka," Working Papers 2008-10, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Arize, Augustine C. & Nippani, Srinivas, 2010. "Import demand behavior in Africa: Some new evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 254-263, August.
- Gregory, Allan W. & Hansen, Bruce E., 1996.
"Residual-based tests for cointegration in models with regime shifts,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 99-126, January.
- Gregory, A.W. & Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Residual-Based Tests for Cointegration in Models with Regime Shifts," RCER Working Papers 335, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Allan Gregory & Bruce E. Hansen, 1992. "Residual-based Tests For Cointegration In Models With Regime Shifts," Working Paper 862, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Ismet GOCER & Bekir ELMAS, 2013. "The Effects of Real Exchange Rate Changes on Turkey's Foreign Trade Performance within the Framework of the Extended Marshall-Lerner Condition: Time Series Analysis with Multiple Structural Breaks," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 7(1), pages 137-157.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001.
"LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997. "Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Dipendra Sinha & Tapen Sinha, 2000. "An aggregate import demand function for greece," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 28(2), pages 196-209, June.
- Zelal Kotan & Mesut Saygili, 1999. "Estimating an Import Function for Turkey," Discussion Papers 9909, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Kalyoncu, Huseyin, 2006. "An aggregate import demand function for Turkey: a cointegration analysis," MPRA Paper 4260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Altan Aldan & Ihsan Bozok & Mahmut Gunay, 2012. "Short Run Import Dynamics in Turkey," Working Papers 1225, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Carone, Giuseppe, 1996. "Modeling the U.S. demand for imports through cointegration and error correction," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-48, February.
- Morris Goldstein & Mohsin S. Khan, 2017. "Income and Price Effects in Foreign Trade," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: TRADE CURRENCIES AND FINANCE, chapter 1, pages 3-81, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Yan Zhou & Smile Dube, 2011. "Import Demand Functions: Evidence From Cibs," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 73-96, December.
- Vicente Esteve & Francisco Requena, 2006. "A Cointegration Analysis of Car Advertising and Sales Data in the Presence of Structural Change," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 111-128.
- Wang, Yi-Hsien & Lee, Jun-De, 2012. "Estimating the import demand function for China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2591-2596.
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2003. "An empirical analysis of China's aggregate import demand function," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 142-163.
- Xu, Xinpeng, 2002. "The dynamic-optimizing approach to import demand: a structural model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 265-270, January.
- Nazif Durmaz* & Jaehyuk Lee, 2015. "An empirical analysis of import demand function for Turkey: An ARDL bounds testing approach," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 49(4), pages 215-226, October-D.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J, 2008. "Tests for cointegration with two unknown regime shifts with an application to financial market integration," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 497-505, November.
- Fukumoto, Mayumi, 2012. "Estimation of China's disaggregate import demand functions," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 434-444.
- Shin, Yongcheol, 1994. "A Residual-Based Test of the Null of Cointegration Against the Alternative of No Cointegration," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 91-115, March.
- Maki, Daiki, 2012. "Tests for cointegration allowing for an unknown number of breaks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 2011-2015.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sallahuddin Hassan, 2018. "Long Run Energy Demand and Its Determinants: A Panel Cointegration Analysis of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations-5," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(4), pages 270-279.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cumhur ÞAHÝN & Hüseyin ALTAY, 2016. "Examination of the Relationship between Turkey’s Credit Default Swap (CDS) Points and Unemployment," Eurasian Business & Economics Journal, Eurasian Academy Of Sciences, vol. 4(4), pages 52-67, January.
- Gozgor, Giray, 2014. "Aggregated and disaggregated import demand in China: An empirical study," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-8.
- Katircioğlu, Salih Turan, 2014. "Testing the tourism-induced EKC hypothesis: The case of Singapore," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 383-391.
- Bilgili, Faik & Koçak, Emrah & Bulut, Ümit & Sualp, M. Nedim, 2016. "How did the US economy react to shale gas production revolution? An advanced time series approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(P1), pages 963-977.
- Vicente Esteve, 2004.
"Política fiscal y productividad del trabajo en la economía española: un análisis de series temporales,"
Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, June.
- Vicente Esteve, "undated". "Política fiscal y productividad del trabajo en la economía espanola: Un análisis de series temporales," Studies on the Spanish Economy 156, FEDEA.
- Esra N. Kılcı Author-Name:Burcu Kıran Baygın, 2019. "Analysis of the Relationship between Real Effective Exchange Rate, Common Equity Tier 1 Ratio and Return on Equity: Evidence from Turkey," Alphanumeric Journal, Bahadir Fatih Yildirim, vol. 7(2), pages 319-332, December.
- Afonso, António & Jalles, João Tovar, 2012.
"Revisiting fiscal sustainability: panel cointegration and structural breaks in OECD countries,"
Working Paper Series
1465, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & João Tovar Jalles, 2012. "Revisiting fiscal sustainability: panel cointegration and structural breaks in OECD countries," Working Papers Department of Economics 2012/29, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Dilem Yıldırım & Onur A. Koska, 2018. "Puzzling out the Feldstein-Horioka Paradox for Turkey by a Time-Varying Parameter Approach," ERC Working Papers 1808, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Apr 2018.
- Koçak Emrah & Uzay Nısfet, 2019. "The effect of financial development on income inequality in Turkey: An estimate of the Greenwood-Jovanovic hypothesis," Review of Economic Perspectives, Sciendo, vol. 19(4), pages 319-344, December.
- Natalya KETENCİ & Ebru Tomris AYDOĞAN, 2019.
"Determinants of Economic Growth in Turkey in the Presence of Structural Breaks,"
Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 27(42).
- Ketenci, Natalya & Aydoğan, Ebru Tomris, 2019. "Determinants of Economic Growth in Turkey in the Presence of Structural Breaks," MPRA Paper 100077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Esteve, Vicente & Navarro-Ibáñez, Manuel & Prats, María A., 2013.
"The Spanish term structure of interest rates revisited: Cointegration with multiple structural breaks, 1974–2010,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 24-34.
- Vicente Esteve & Manuel Navarro-Ibáñez & María A. Prats, 2010. "The Spanish term structure of interest rates revisited: cointegration with multiple structural breaks, 1974-2010," Working Papers 10-08, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Vicente Esteve & Manuel Navarro-Ibáñez & Maria A. Prats, 2010. "The Spanish term structure of interest rates revisited: cointegration with multiple structural breaks, 1974-2010," Working Papers 1001, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Vicente Esteve & Juan Sanchis, "undated". "Estimating the substitutability between private and public consumption: the case of Spain, 1960- 2001," Studies on the Spanish Economy 161, FEDEA.
- Jalles João Tovar, 2015. "Is There A Stable Long-run Relationship Between Unemployment And Productivity? / Czy Istnieje Stabilny Długookresowy Związek Między Bezrobociem A Produktywnością?," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 18(2), pages 57-75, June.
- Rebeca Jiménez‐Rodríguez & Amalia Morales‐Zumaquero, 2020. "Impact of commodity prices on exchange rates in commodity‐exporting countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(7), pages 1868-1906, July.
- Polbin, Andrey & Fokin, Nikita, 2020. "Modeling the dynamics of import in the Russian Federation using the error correction model," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 59, pages 88-112.
- Karsten Schweikert, 2020. "Oracle Efficient Estimation of Structural Breaks in Cointegrating Regressions," Papers 2001.07949, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2021.
- A. Oznur Umit & H. Isil Alkan, 2016. "The Effects of Foreign Direct Investments and Economic Growth on Employment and Female Employment: A Time Series Analysis With Structural Breaks For Turkey," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), International Hellenic University (IHU), Kavala Campus, Greece (formerly Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology - EMaTTech), vol. 9(3), pages 43-49, December.
- EVRIM MANDACI, Pinar & CAGLI, Efe Caglar, 2016. "Who Drives Whom? Investigating The Relationship Between The Major Stock Markets," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 20(2), pages 6-24.
- Ümit BULUT, 2019. "The Monetary Policy Reaction Function in Turkey: Evidence from Fourier-Based Time Series Methods," Istanbul Journal of Economics-Istanbul Iktisat Dergisi, Istanbul University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 69(2), pages 159-173, December.
- Ertan Oktay & Giray Gozgor, 2013. "Estimation of disaggregated import demand functions for Turkey," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 575-585.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-energy import demand; Price elasticity; Income elasticity; Cointegration; Structural break; Turkey.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:aeafrj:2016:p:750-761. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.aessweb.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chan Hoi Yan (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.aessweb.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.