The Impact of Administrative Characteristics and Residential Types on Income Capitalization Rates in Taipei, Taiwan
This paper examines several factors that impact income capitalization rates, and applies the hierarchical linear model as an analytical method. The empirical results suggest that: (1) the average income capitalization rates in different administrative areas of Taipei vary widely; (2) differences in attributes and types of residential properties have a significant impact on income capitalization rates; (3) the influence coefficients in different administrative areas show significant variation; (4) population density has a significantly negative impact on an income capitalization rate and (5) the proportion of commercial property in a given district has a significantly positive impact on income capitalization rate.
Volume (Year): 6 (2016)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Sadeeq Block, Near Fawara Chowk, Abbasia Town, Rahim Yar Khan - 64200, Punjab, Pakistan|
Web page: http://www.aessweb.com/
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John McDonald & Sofia Dermisi, 2009. "Office Building Capitalization Rates: The Case of Downtown Chicago," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 472-485, November.
- Case, Karl E. & Mayer, Christopher J., 1996.
"Housing price dynamics within a metropolitan area,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 387-407, June.
- Karl E. Case & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Housing Price Dynamics Within a Metropolitan Area," NBER Working Papers 5182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl E. Case & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Housing price dynamics within a metropolitan area," Working Papers 95-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Alexander Ebertz, 2008. "Die Wohnortwahl privater Haushalte und die Bewertung lokaler Standortfaktoren in den sächsischen Gemeinden," ifo Dresden berichtet, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 15(05), pages 14-22, October.
- Roger E. Cannaday & Mark A. Sunderman, 1986. "Estimation of Depreciation for Single-Family Appraisals," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 14(2), pages 255-273.
- Jim Clayton & David Ling & Andy Naranjo, 2009. "Commercial Real Estate Valuation: Fundamentals Versus Investor Sentiment," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 5-37, January.
- Olof Netzell, 2009. "A study of micro‐level variation in appraisal‐based capitalisation rates," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 235-263, September.
- Brent C Smith, 2004. "Economic Depreciation of Residential Real Estate: Microlevel Space and Time Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(1), pages 161-180, March.
- Åke Gunnelin & Patric H. Hendershott & Martin Hoesli & Bo Söderberg, 2004.
"Determinants of Cross-Sectional Variation in Discount Rates, Growth Rates and Exit Cap Rates,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 217-237, June.
- Åke GUNNELIN & Patric H. HENDERSHOTT & Martin HOESLI & Bo SÖDERBERG, 2003. "Determinants of Cross-Sectional Variation in Discount Rates, Growth Rates, and Exit Cap Rates," FAME Research Paper Series rp90, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Stephen Malpezzi & Larry Ozanne & Thomas G. Thibodeau, 1987. "Microeconomic Estimates of Housing Depreciation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(4), pages 372-385.
- Zahra Saderion & Barton Smith & Charles A. Smith, 1994. "An Integrated Approach to the Evaluation of Commercial Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 9(2), pages 151-168.
- Sivitanidou, Rena & Sivitanides, Petros, 1999. "Office Capitalization Rates: Real Estate and Capital Market Influences," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 297-322, May.
- Patric H. Hendershott & Bengt Turner, 1999. "Estimating constant-quality capitalization rates and capitalization effects of below market financing," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 109-122, January.
- Gary Pivo & Jeffrey D. Fisher, 2011. "The Walkability Premium in Commercial Real Estate Investments," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 39(2), pages 185-219, June.
- Patric H. Hendershott & Bryan D. MacGregor, 2005.
"Investor Rationality: Evidence from U.K. Property Capitalization Rates,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 299-322, June.
- Patric H. Hendershott & Bryan D. MacGregor, 2003. "Investor Rationality: Evidence from UK Property Capitalization Rates," NBER Working Papers 9894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Terry V. Grissom & David Hartzell & Crocker H. Liu, 1987. "An Approach to Industrial Real Estate Market Segmentation and Valuation Using the Arbitrage Pricing Paradigm," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 15(3), pages 199-219.
- Yoon Dokko & Robert H. Edelstein & Marshall Pomer & E. Scott Urdang, 1991. "Determinants of the Rate of Return for Nonresidential Real Estate: Inflation Expectations and Market Adjustment Lags," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 52-69.
- Scott Orford, 2000. "Modelling Spatial Structures in Local Housing Market Dynamics: A Multilevel Perspective," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(9), pages 1643-1671, August.
- Alberto Plazzi & Walter Torous & Rossen Valkanov, 2010. "Expected Returns and Expected Growth in Rents of Commercial Real Estate," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(9), pages 3469-3519.
- Lee Chun Chang & Hui-Yu Lin, 2012. "The Impact of Neighborhood Characteristics on Housing Prices-An Application of Hierarchical Linear Modeling," International Journal of Management and Sustainability, Conscientia Beam, vol. 1(2), pages 31-44.
- Chun-Chang Lee & Li-Yun Huang & Shu-Man You, 2013. "The Changes and Trends in Urban Land Prices: An Application of Hierarchical Growth Modelling," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(5), pages 579-592, May.
- David Hartzell & John S. Hekman & Mike E. Miles, 1987. "Real Estate Returns and Inflation," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 15(1), pages 617-637.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Thibodeau, Thomas G., 1998. "Housing Market Segmentation," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 121-143, June.
- Chung-Chang Lee, 2009. "Hierarchical Linear Modeling to Explore the Influence of Satisfaction with Public Facilities on Housing Prices," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 12(3), pages 252-272.
- Theron R. Nelson & Joseph Rabianski, 1988. "Consumer Preferences in Housing Market Analysis: An Application of Multidimensional Scaling Techniques," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 138-159.
- Phillips, Robyn S., 1988. "Residential capitalization rates: Explaining intermetropolitan variation, 1974-1979," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 278-290, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:aeafrj:2016:p:602-619. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qazi Muhammad Imran)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.