Export and Import Products Groups’ Shares of Turkey with Cee Countries After Theirs Accessions to Eu and Before
The purpose of this study is to analyze export and import shares of main products of CEE countries with Turkey before their membership to EU and then, starting from the year of 2000. After accession to EU, these countries’ export and import shares mostly increased with Turkey and EU, implying existence of trade diversion and specialization in production. It is analyzed that the largest share of Turkish export product groups in trading with CEE countries are “manufactured industrial products” and “machinery, transport equipments” within both periods. Turkey’s largest share of import products groups from these countries are “manufactured industrial product”, “chemicals and chemical products” and “crude materials, inedible, except fuels”. Because of producing similar goods at different qualities, intra-industry trade exists largely between CEE countries and Turkey. These countries usually produce industrial products accounting for more than 50% of total trade with Turkey.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Sadeeq Block, Near Fawara Chowk, Abbasia Town, Rahim Yar Khan - 64200, Punjab, Pakistan|
Web page: http://www.aessweb.com/
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stanley Fischer & Ratna Sahay, 2000. "The Transition Economies After Ten Years," NBER Working Papers 7664, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- José Caetano & Aurora Galego, 2005. "Trade Flows among CEEC and EU Countries: what future perspectives?," International Trade 0504002, EconWPA.
- Guglielmo Caporale & Christophe Rault & Robert Sova & Anamaria Sova, 2009.
"On the bilateral trade effects of free trade agreements between the EU-15 and the CEEC-4 countries,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(2), pages 189-206, July.
- Guglielmo Caporale & Christophe Rault & Robert Sova & Anamaria Sova, 2009. "On the bilateral trade effects of free trade agreements between the EU-15 and the CEEC-4 countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(3), pages 573-573, October.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christophe Rault & Ana Maria Sova & Robert Sova, 2008. "On the Bilateral Trade Effects of Free Trade Agreements between the EU-15 and the CEEC-4 Countries," Post-Print halshs-00363693, HAL.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Rault, Christophe & Sova, Anamaria & Sova, Robert, 2008. "On the Bilateral Trade Effects of Free Trade Agreements between the EU-15 and the CEEC-4 Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 3782, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christophe Rault & Robert Sova & Ana Maria Sova, 2008. "On the Bilateral Trade Effects of Free Trade Agreements between the EU-15 and the CEEC-4 Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 2419, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michalopoulos, Constantine, 1999. "The integration of transition economies into the world trading system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2182, The World Bank.
- Gros, Daniel & Gonciarz, Andrzej, 1996. "A note on the trade potential of Central and Eastern Europe," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 709-721, December.
- Dabrowski, Marek, 1996. "Different strategies of transition to a market economy : how do they work in practice?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1579, The World Bank.
- Aturupane, Chonira & Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1997.
"Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade between East and West Europe,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aturupane, Chonira & Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1997. "Determinants of intra-industry trade between East and West Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1850, The World Bank.
- Stanley Fischer & Ratna Sahay, 2000. "The Transition Economies After Ten Years," IMF Working Papers 00/30, International Monetary Fund.
- Kaminski, Bartlomiej & Ng, Francis, 2005. "Production disintegration and integration of Central Europe into global markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 377-390.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:aeafrj:2013:p:1419-1438. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qazi Muhammad Imran)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.