Islamic Financial in the Global Financial System
This paper investigates the question of whether the phenomenon of Islamic finance who based on Shariah, or Islamic law is truly globalizing and spreading as a universal system of finance and banking. The paper also addresses various aspects of the globalization for Islamic finance, among other, the issue of the rise of Islamic banking in the world, Islamic jurisprudence and finance, global standards and integration for Islamic finance, and obstacles facing Islamic finance\'s integration and growth into the global financial system. the paper suggested three key areas of priority warrant greater policy attention to further strengthen and enhance the entire Islamic financial ecosystem, through putting in place building blocks that will strengthen the resilience of the Islamic financial system and by the application of mutually acceptable rules and standards.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aessweb.com/
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Muhammad Iqbal Anjum, 2006. "Globalization at crossroads of warfare, revolution, and universalization: The Islamic panacea, stratagem and policy instruments," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(3), pages 162-177, July.
- Walter B. Wriston, 1998. "Dumb Networks and Smart Capital," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 17(3), Winter.
- M. Mansoor Khan & M. Ishaq Bhatti, 2008. "Development in Islamic banking: a financial risk-allocation approach," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 40-51, January.
- Abbas Mirakhor & Mohsin S. Khan, 1991. "Islamic Banking," IMF Working Papers 91/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2008.
"Credit creation and control: an unresolved issue in Islamic banking,"
8130, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Apr 2008.
- Zubair Hasan, 2008. "Credit creation and control: an unresolved issue in Islamic banking," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 69-81, April.
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Islamic Financial Institutions and Products in the Global Financial System; Key Issues in Risk Management and Challenges Ahead," IMF Working Papers 02/192, International Monetary Fund.
- Muhammad Iqbal Anjum, 2008. "Islamic world's development policy responses to the challenges of financial globalization," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(1), pages 5-16, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:aeafrj:2012:p:207-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qazi Muhammad Imran)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.