Gender Analysis of Malnutrition: A Case Study of School-Going Children in Bahawalpur
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fred Arnold & Sunita Kishor & T. K. Roy, 2002. "Sex-Selective Abortions in India," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 28(4), pages 759-785.
- Marito Garcia & Harold Alderman, 1989. "Patterns and Determinants of Malnutrition in Children in Pakistan: Impact of Community Health," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 891-902.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Alderman, Harold, 2004. "Child Malnutrition in Ethiopia: Can Maternal Knowledge Augment the Role of Income?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(2), pages 287-312, January.
- Ukwuani, Festus A. & Suchindran, Chirayath M., 2003. "Implications of women's work for child nutritional status in sub-Saharan Africa: a case study of Nigeria," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 2109-2121, May.
- Aturupane, Harsha & Deolalikar, Anil B. & Gunewardena, Dileni, 2008. "The Determinants of Child Weight and Height in Sri Lanka: A Quantile Regression Approach," WIDER Working Paper Series 053, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Soma Chowdhury Biswas & MD. Abu Darda & MD. Fasiul Alam, 2001. "Factors Affecting Childhood Immunisation in Bangladesh," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 40(1), pages 57-70.
- Rohini Pande, 2003. "Selective gender differences in childhood nutrition and immunization in rural India: The role of siblings," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 40(3), pages 395-418, August.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan, 2008. "Gender Analysis of Children’s Activities in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(2), pages 169-195.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan & Toseef Azid, 2011. "Malnutrition in primary school-age children: A case of urban and slum areas of Bahawalpur, Pakistan," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(9), pages 748-766, August.
- Alain Marcoux, 2002. "Sex Differentials in Undernutrition: A Look at Survey Evidence," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 28(2), pages 275-284.
- David Sahn & Stephen Younger, 2005. "Improvements in children’s health: Does inequality matter?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(2), pages 125-143, August.
More about this item
KeywordsStunting; Wasting; BMI; Mother education; Father education; Urban areas; Rural areas; Living condition; Nuclear family; Household economics; Anthropometry.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:adprev:2015:p:29-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qazi Muhammad Imran). General contact details of provider: http://www.aessweb.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.