Measuring soil quality dynamics A role for economists, and implications for economic analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kim, Kwansoo & Barham, Bradford L. & Coxhead, Ian, 2001. "Measuring soil quality dynamics: A role for economists, and implications for economic analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 13-26, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Kwansoo & Barham, Bradford L. & Coxhead, Ian A., 1998. "The Evolution Of Agricultural Soil Quality: A Methodology For Measurement And Some Land Market Implications," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20889, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Coxhead, Ian A., 1997.
"Induced innovation and land degradation in developing country agriculture,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 41(3), September.
- Ian COXHEAD, 1996. "Induced Innovation And Land Degradation In Developing Country Agriculture," Staff Papers 398, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Ian Coxhead, 1996. "Induced Innovation and Land Degradation in Developing Country Agriculture," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 398, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Edward C. Jaenicke & Laura L. Lengnick, 1999. "A Soil-Quality Index and Its Relationship to Efficiency and Productivity Growth Measures: Two Decompositions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 881-893.
- G. C. Van Kooten & Ward P. Weisensel & Duangdao Chinthammit, 1990. "Valuing Trade-Offs between Net Returns and Stewardship Practices: The Case of Soil Conservation in Saskatchewan," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(1), pages 104-113.
- Swamy, P A V B, 1970.
"Efficient Inference in a Random Coefficient Regression Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 38(2), pages 311-323, March.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SWAMY: RATS procedure to compute a GLS matrix weighted estimator for a panel data set," Statistical Software Components RTS00206, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Krueger, Anne O & Schiff, Maurice & Valdes, Alberto, 1988. "Agricultural Incentives in Developing Countries: Measuring the Effect of Sectoral and Economywide Policies," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(3), pages 255-271, September.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Preckel, Paul V., 1988. "Commodity-Specific Effects of the Conservation Reserve Program," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 3.
- Ali, Mubarik & Byerlee, Derek, 2000. "Productivity growth and resource degradation in Pakistan's Punjab - a decomposition analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2480, The World Bank.
- Hansen, LeRoy T., 1991. "Farmer Response to Changes in Climate: The Case of Corn Production," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 4.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alice Issanchou, 2016. "Soil resource, at the core of competitiveness and sustainability issues in agriculture: an economic approach," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 16-01, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Bond, Craig A. & Farzin, Y. Hossein, 2004. "A Portfolio Of Nutrients: Soil And Sustainability," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20035, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Turner, Katrine Grace & Anderson, Sharolyn & Gonzales-Chang, Mauricio & Costanza, Robert & Courville, Sasha & Dalgaard, Tommy & Dominati, Estelle & Kubiszewski, Ida & Ogilvy, Sue & Porfirio, Luciana &, 2016. "A review of methods, data, and models to assess changes in the value of ecosystem services from land degradation and restoration," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 319(C), pages 190-207.
More about this item
KeywordsSoil quality dynamics; Crop rotations; Crop Production/Industries; Production Economics; Q24; C33;
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaaeaj:176928. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.