Technical efficiency and productivity of maize producers in eastern Ethiopia: a study of farmers within and outside the Sasakawa-Global 2000 project
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Belete, Abenet & Dillon, John L. & Anderson, Frank M., 1991. "Development of agriculture in Ethiopia since the 1975 land reform," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 159-175, December.
- Belete, Abenet & Dillon, John L. & Anderson, Frank M., 1991. "Development of agriculture in Ethiopia since the 1975 land reform," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(2), December.
- Ngwenya, S.A. & Battese, George E. & Fleming, Euan M., 1997. "The Relationship Between Farm Size and Technical Inefficiency of Production of Wheat Farmers in the Eastern Free State, Province of South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 36(3), September.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Battese, George E., 1996.
"Identification Of Factors Which Influence The Technical Inefficiency Of Indian Farmers,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 40(02), August.
- Tim J. Coelli & George E. Battese, 1996. "Identification Of Factors Which Influence The Technical Inefficiency Of Indian Farmers," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 40(2), pages 103-128, August.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Battese, George E., 1994. "Identification of Factors which Influence the Technical Inefficiency of Indian Farmers," 1994 Conference (38th), February 8-10, 1994, Wellington, New Zealand 148110, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 7(3-4), pages 185-208, October.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Pinheiro, António E., 1993.
"Efficiency Analysis of Developing Country Agriculture: A Review of the Frontier Function Literature,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 88-101, April.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Pinheiro, Antonio E., 1993. "Efficiency Analysis Of Developing Country Agriculture: A Review Of The Frontier Function Literature," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 22(1), April.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(3-4), October.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Ghosh, Soumendra & McGuckin, J Thomas, 1991. "A Generalized Production Frontier Approach for Estimating Determinants of Inefficiency in U.S. Dairy Farms," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(3), pages 279-286, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Ragan Petrie & Michael Roth, 2005.
"Farm Household Production Efficiency: Evidence from The Gambia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 160-179.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Petrie, Ragan & Roth, Michael, 2003. "Farm Household Production Efficiency: Evidence from The Gambia," Efficiency Series Papers 2003/05, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Tchale, Hardwick & Sauer, Johannes, 2007. "The efficiency of maize farming in Malawi. A bootstrapped translog frontier," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 82.
- Alexander Bilson Darku & Stavroula Malla & Kien C. Tran, 2016. "Sources and Measurement of Agricultural Productivity and Efficiency in Canadian Provinces: Crops and Livestock," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 64(1), pages 49-70, March.
- Alene, Arega D. & Hassan, Rashid M., 2003. "Measuring The Impact Of Ethiopia'S New Extension Program On The Productive Efficiency Of Farmers," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25919, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ragasa, Catherine & Mazunda, John & Kadzamira, Mariam, 2016. "The impact of agricultural extension services in the context of a heavily subsidized input system: The case of Malawi:," IFPRI discussion papers 1498, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0065-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & Daniel Solís & Víctor Moreira López & José Maripani & Abdourahmane Thiam & Teodoro Rivas, 2007.
"Technical efficiency in farming: a meta-regression analysis,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 57-72, February.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris & Solís, Daniel & Moreira, Victor & Maripani, José & Thiam, Abdourahmane & Rivas, Teodoro, 2005. "Technical Efficiency in Farming: A Meta-regression analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Tchale, Hardwick & Sauer, Johannes, 2008. "Soil Fertility Management And Maize Productivity In Malawi: Curvature Correct Efficiency Modeling And Simulation," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52077, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Haji, Jema, 2008. "Economic efficiency and marketing performance of vegetable production in the eastern and central parts of Ethiopia," Department of Economics publications 1730, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- James Njeru, 2010. "Factors Influencing Technical Efficiencies among Selected Wheat Farmers in Uasin Gishu District, Kenya," Research Papers RP_206, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Hardwick Tchale & Johannes Sauer, 2007. "The efficiency of maize farming in Malawi. A bootstrapped translog frontier," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 82, pages 33-56.
- Binam, Joachim Nyemeck & Tonye, Jean & wandji, Njankoua & Nyambi, Gwendoline & Akoa, Mireille, 2004. "Factors affecting the technical efficiency among smallholder farmers in the slash and burn agriculture zone of Cameroon," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 531-545, October.
- Lien, Gudbrand D. & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hardaker, J. Brian, 2008. "Determinants Of Part-Time Farming And Its Effect On Farm Productivity And Efficiency," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6701, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bozoglu, Mehmet & Ceyhan, Vedat, 2007. "Measuring the technical efficiency and exploring the inefficiency determinants of vegetable farms in Samsun province, Turkey," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 649-656, June.
- U Pascual, 2001. "Soil Degradation and Technical Efficiency in Shifting Cultivation: The Case of Yucatán (Mexico)," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0116, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Asif Reza Anik & Sanzidur Rahman & Jaba Rani Sarker, 2017. "Agricultural Productivity Growth and the Role of Capital in South Asia (1980–2013)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-24, March.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Howard, Julie & Crawford, Eric & Kelly, Valerie & Demeke, Mulat & Jeje, Jose Jaime, 2003. "Promoting high-input maize technologies in Africa: the Sasakawa-Global 2000 experience in Ethiopia and Mozambique," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 335-348, August.
More about this item
KeywordsProduction Economics; Productivity Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaaeaj:174665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.