The economic and financial gains from water markets in Chile
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hearne, Robert R. & William Easter, K., 1997. "The economic and financial gains from water markets in Chile," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 187-199, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dinar, Ariel & Letey, J., 1991. "Agricultural water marketing, allocative efficiency, and drainage reduction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 210-223, May.
- James E. T. Moncur & Richard L. Pollock, 1988. "Scarcity Rents for Water: A Valuation and Pricing Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(1), pages 62-72.
- Marca Weinberg & Catherine L. Kling & James E. Wilen, 1993. "Water Markets and Water Quality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(2), pages 278-291.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1994. "Markets in tradable water rights: Potential for efficiency gains in developing country water resource allocation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1613-1625, November.
- Michael D. Rosen & Richard J. Sexton, 1993. "Irrigation Districts and Water Markets: An Application of Cooperative Decision-Making Theory," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(1), pages 39-53.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elwin G. Smith & Mark E. Eiswerth & Terrence S. Veeman, 2010. "Current and Emerging Water Issues in Agriculture: An Overview," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(s1), pages 403-409, December.
- Skurray, James H., 2015. "The scope for collective action in a large groundwater basin: An institutional analysis of aquifer governance in Western Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 128-140.
- Backeberg, G.R., 1997. "Water institutions, markets and decentralized resource management: Prospects for innovative policy reforms in irrigated agriculture," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 36(4), December.
- Hearne, Robert R. & Trava, Jose L., 1997. "Water Markets in Mexico: Opportunities and Constraints," Discussion Papers 24145, International Institute for Environment and Development, Environmental Economics Programme.
- Easter, K William & Rosegrant, Mark W & Dinar, Ariel, 1999. "Formal and Informal Markets for Water: Institutions, Performance, and Constraints," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 99-116, February.
- Brennan, Donna C. & Scoccimarro, Michelle, 1999. "Issues in defining property rights to improve Australian water markets," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(1), March.
- Hassan, Roger, 2013. "A Thirst for Efficiency: Finding the Relationship between Water Trading and Agricultural Water Use Efficiency in the Murray-Darling Basin," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152156, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Reto Foellmi & Urs Meister, 2012.
"Enhancing the Efficiency of Water Supply—Product Market Competition Versus Trade,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 299-324, September.
- Föllmi, Reto & Meister, Urs, 2011. "Enhancing the Efficiency of Water Supply: Product Market Competition versus Trade," Economics Working Paper Series 1121, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Foellmi, Reto & Meister, Urs, 2011. "Enhancing the Efficiency of Water Supply – Product Market Competition versus Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 8423, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hansen, Kristiana & Howitt, Richard E. & Williams, Jeffrey C., 2006. "Implementing Options Markets in California To Manage Water Supply Uncertainty," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21218, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hansen, Kristiana & Howitt, Richard E. & Williams, Jeffrey C., 2005. "An Econometric Test of the Endogeneity of Institutions: Water Markets in the Western United States," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19548, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Reto Foellmi & Urs Meister, 2004.
"Enhancing Efficiency of Water Supply – Product Market Competition versus Trade,"
- Reto Foellmi & Urs Meister, 2004. "Enhancing Efficiency of Water Supply - Product Market Compoetition versus Trade," Working Papers 0025, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Olmstead, Sheila M., 2014. "Climate change adaptation and water resource management: A review of the literature," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 500-509.
- Lankford, Bruce A., 2004. "Resource-centred thinking in river basins; should we revoke the crop water requirement approach to irrigation planning?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 33-46, July.
- Francesco Prota, 2002. "Water Resources And Water Policies," Working Papers 8_2002, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Enrique Ballestero, 2004. "Inter-Basin Water Transfer Public Agreements: A Decision Approach to Quantity and Price," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 18(1), pages 75-88, February.
- Li Zhang & Shao Jia & Chi Leung & Li Guo, 2013. "An Analysis on the Transaction Costs of Water Markets under DPA and UPA Auctions," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(2), pages 475-484, January.
- repec:spr:waterr:v:31:y:2017:i:8:d:10.1007_s11269-016-1391-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Jian Xie, 2009. "Addressing China's Water Scarcity : Recommendations for Selected Water Resource Management Issues," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2585, June.
- Mansur, Erin T. & Olmstead, Sheila M., 2012.
"The value of scarce water: Measuring the inefficiency of municipal regulations,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 332-346.
- Erin T. Mansur & Sheila M. Olmstead, 2007. "The Value of Scarce Water: Measuring the Inefficiency of Municipal Regulations," NBER Working Papers 13513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sheila M. Olmstead, 2010. "The Economics of Managing Scarce Water Resources," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 179-198, Summer.
- Garrick, Dustin & Whitten, Stuart M. & Coggan, Anthea, 2013. "Understanding the evolution and performance of water markets and allocation policy: A transaction costs analysis framework," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 195-205.
- Skurray, James H. & Roberts, E.J. & Pannell, David J., 2013. "Hydrological challenges to groundwater trading: lessons from south-west Western Australia," Working Papers 161073, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Takahashi, Taro & Aizaki, Hideo & Ge, Yingchun & Ma, Mingguo & Nakashima, Yasuhiro & Sato, Takeshi & Wang, Weizhen & Yamada, Nanae, 2013. "Agricultural water trade under farmland fragmentation: A simulation analysis of an irrigation district in northwestern China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 63-66.
- Vollaro, M. & Zavalloni, M. & Raggi, M. & Viaggi, D., 2013. "Potential for water use right market development in Italy: social acceptability in the context of climate change," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149912, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Legras, Sophie & Lifran, Robert, 2006. "Designing Water Markets to Manage Coupled Externalities: An Application to Irrigation-Induced Salinity in Australia," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25350, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Agricultural Finance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaaeaj:174029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.