Managerial form, ownership and efficiency: a case-study of Argentine agriculture
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gallacher, Marcos & Goetz, Stephan J. & Debertin, David L., 1994. "Managerial form, ownership and efficiency: a case-study of Argentine agriculture," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 11(2-3), pages 289-299, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Hayami, Yujiro, 1988. "Theories of Share Tenancy: A Critical Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 31-68, October.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- James Roumasset & Marilou Uy, 1987. "Agency Costs and the Agricultural Firm," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(3), pages 290-302.
- Schmitt, Gunther, 1991. "Why Is the Agriculture of Advanced Western Economies Still Organized by Family Farms? Will This Continue to Be So in the Future?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 18(3-4), pages 443-458.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1981. "Assessing Private Enterprise: An Exegesis of Tangled Doctrine," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 93-111, Spring.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1985. "A Transaction Cost Approach to Families and Households," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 581-608, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gatti, Nicolas & Lema, Daniel & Brescia, Victor, 2015. "A Meta-Frontier Approach to Measuring Technical Efficiency and Technology Gaps in Beef Cattle Production in Argentina," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211647, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Karaan, Mohammad, 2003. "An Institutional Economic Appraisal Of Worker Equity Schemes In Agriculture:," 2003 Annual Conference, October 2-3, 2003, Pretoria, South Africa 19094, Agricultural Economic Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Marcos Gallacher, 1999. "Human Capital and Production Efficiency: Argentine Agriculture," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 158, Universidad del CEMA.
- Marcos Gallacher, 2011. "Returns to Managerial Ability: Dairy Farms in Argentina," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 478, Universidad del CEMA.
- Berger, Ariadna M. & Knoblauch, Wayne A. & Pratt, James E., 1999. "Management Strategies, Risk Considerations and Herd Size Analysis for Optimal Resource Allocation in Argentine Dairy Farms," Research Bulletins 122680, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Marcos Gallacher, 2001. "Education as an Input in Agricultural Production," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 189, Universidad del CEMA.
More about this item
KeywordsFarm Management; Production Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaaeaj:173498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.