Environmental Services, Externalities and Agriculture: The Case of Mountain Tourism in Morocco
This study uses hedonic pricing techniques to estimate the value of agricultural amenities in Morocco's High Atlas Mountains. The analysis is limited to positive externalities related to land use, providing indicators to better inform policy decisions effecting rural and agricultural development. Advantages linked to landscape planning and its contribution to sustaining the tourism activity are documented. Amenities specific to mountain agriculture have a positive influence on the tourist accommodation rental market and particularly on farmhouses. These advantages include joint products linked to the farmhouses bordering cultivated areas, the scenery value of annual crops, the shade and attractiveness provided by walnut trees and the presence of domestic animals.
Volume (Year): 1 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39(6) 57051
Fax: +39(6) 57053152
Web page: http://www.fao.org/es/esa/en/ejade.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Raymond B. Palmquist, 1989. "Land as a Differentiated Factor of Production: A Hedonic Model and Its Implications for Welfare Measurement," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(1), pages 23-28.
- Clark, David E. & Kahn, James R., 1989. "The two-stage hedonic wage approach: A methodology for the valuation of environmental amenities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 106-120, March.
- Lansford, Notie H., Jr. & Jones, Lonnie L., 1995. "Recreational And Aesthetic Value Of Water Using Hedonic Price Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(02), December.
- Freeman, A Myrick, III, 1979. " Hedonic Prices, Property Values and Measuring Environmental Benefits: A Survey of the Issues," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(2), pages 154-73.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ejadef:12010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.