The Food Processing Industry, Globalization and Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hartwig de Haen & Kostas Stamoulis & Prakash Shetty & Prabhu Pingali, 2003. "The World Food Economy in the Twenty-first Century: Challenges for International Co-operation," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21(5-6), pages 683-696, December.
- Thomas Reardon & C. Peter Timmer & Christopher B. Barrett & Julio Berdegué, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1140-1146.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Ruel, Marie T. & Garrett, James L., 1999. "Are Urban Poverty and Undernutrition Growing? Some Newly Assembled Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1891-1904, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herforth, Nico & Theuvsen, Ludwig & Vásquez, Wilson & Wollni, Meike, 2015. "Understanding participation in modern supply chains under a social network perspective – evidence from blackberry farmers in the Ecuadorian Andes," Discussion Papers 197709, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Stamoulis, Kostas G. & Pingali, Prabhu L. & Reardon, Thomas, 2006.
"Impacts of Agrifood Market Transformation during Globalization on the Poor's Rural Nonfarm Employment: Lessons for Rural Business Development Programs,"
2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia
25556, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Reardon, Thomas & Pingali, Prabhu L. & Stamoulis, Kostas G., 2006. "Impacts of Agrifood Market Transformation during Globalization on the Poor's Rural Nonfarm Employment: Lessons for Rural Business Development Programs," Staff Papers 11572, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Muhammad AFZAL & Maryam AYAZ, 2013. "Efficiency of Food Sector of Pakistan-A Dea Analysis," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1310-1330, October.
- Alessandro Olper & Valentina Raimondi, 2008. "Market Access Asymmetry in Food Trade," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(3), pages 509-537, October.
- Donatella Baiardi & Carluccio Bianchi & Eleonora Lorenzini, 2014. "Food competition in world markets: Some evidence from a panel data analysis of top exporting countries," DEM Working Papers Series 083, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Thomas Reardon & Kostas Stamoulis & Prabhu Pingali, 2007. "Rural nonfarm employment in developing countries in an era of globalization," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 173-183, December.
- Reardon, Thomas, 2011. "The global rise and impact of supermarkets: an international perspective," Conference Proceedings 2011 125312, Crawford Fund.
- Salman Hyder & P.K. Bhargava, 2016. "Indian food processing industry - opportunities and challenges," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 11(1), pages 1-10.
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B. & Berdegué, Julio A. & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Agrifood Industry Transformation and Small Farmers in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1717-1727, November.
- Matoti, Bongiswa & Vink, Nick & Bienabe, Estelle, 2008. "Changing Face of the Agri-Food Market: A Farmers Response and Possible Solutions from a Provincial Perspective," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52098, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
KeywordsFood processing industry; restructuring; exports; dietary issues; SME; International Relations/Trade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ejadef:11999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faoooit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.