Rural Non-farm Livelihoods in Transition Economies: Emerging Issues and Policies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Junior Davis, 2006. "Rural non-farm livelihoods in transition economies: emerging issues and policies," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 3(2), pages 180-224.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johan F. M. Swinnen & Ayo Heinegg, 2002.
"On the political economy of land reforms in the former Soviet Union,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 1019-1031.
- Johan Swinnen & Ayo Heinegg, 2002. "On the Political Economy of Land Reforms in the Former Soviet Union," LICOS Discussion Papers 11502, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Sarris, Alexander H & Doucha, Tomas & Mathijs, Erik, 1999. "Agricultural Restructuring in Central and Eastern Europe: Implications for Competitiveness and Rural Development," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(3), pages 305-329, August.
- Ashok K. Mishra & Barry K. Goodwin, 1997. "Farm Income Variability and the Supply of Off-Farm Labor," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 880-887.
- Balcombe, Kelvin George & Davis, J.R., 1996.
"An application of cointegration theory in the estimation of the Almost Ideal Demand system for food consumption in Bulgaria,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(1), September.
- Balcombe, K. G. & Davis, J. R., 1996. "An application of cointegration theory in the estimation of the almost ideal demand system for food consumption in Bulgaria," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 47-60, September.
- Junior Davis & Angela Gaburici, 2005. "Non-farm employment in small-scale enterprises in Romania: policy and development issues," Development and Comp Systems 0510019, EconWPA.
- Woldehanna, Tassew & Lansink, Alfons Oude & Peerlings, Jack, 2000.
"Off-farm work decisions on Dutch cash crop farms and the 1992 and Agenda 2000 CAP reforms,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 22(2), March.
- Woldehanna, Tassew & Lansink, Alfons Oude & Peerlings, Jack, 2000. "Off-farm work decisions on Dutch cash crop farms and the 1992 and Agenda 2000 CAP reforms," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 163-171, March.
- Thomas Reardon & J. Edward Taylor & Kostas Stamoulis & Peter Lanjouw & Arsenio Balisacan, 2000. "Effects of Non-Farm Employment on Rural Income Inequality in Developing Countries: An Investment Perspective," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 266-288.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F M, 2002. "Patterns of Agrarian Transition," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 365-394, January.
- Lerman, Z. & Brooks, K. & Csaki, C., 1994. "Land Reform and Fram Restructuring in Ukraine," World Bank - Discussion Papers 270, World Bank.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Reardon, Thomas, 2000. "Asset, Activity, And Income Diversification Among African Agriculturalists: Some Practical Issues," Working Papers 14734, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Heidhues, Franz & Davis, Junior R & Schrieder, Gertrud, 1998.
"Agricultural Transformation and Implications for Designing Rural Financial Policies in Romania,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 351-372.
- Franz Heidues & Junior R. Davis & Gertrud Schrieder, 1997. "Agricultural Transformation and Implications for Designing Rural Financial Policies in Romania," CERT Discussion Papers 9722, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Bryden, John & Bollman, Ray, 2000. "Rural employment in industrialised countries," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 185-197, March.
- Edelman, Mark A., Dr., 1997. "The Adequacy of Rural Capital Markets: Public Purpose and Policy Options," ISU General Staff Papers 199709040700001292, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Csaki, S. & Nash, J., 1998. "The Agrarian Economies of Central and Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Situation and Perspectives, 1997," World Bank - Discussion Papers 387, World Bank.
- Bryden, John Marshall & Bollman, Ray D., 2000. "Rural employment in industrialised countries," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 22(2), March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rusali, Mirela, 2009. "Socio-Economic Resource and Structures for the Sustainable Development of Rural Economy," Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 6(2), pages 199-216.
- George Kwadwo Anane & Patrick Brandful Cobbinah & Job Kwame Manu, 2013. "Sustainability of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises in Rural Ghana: The Role of Microfinance Institutions," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(8), pages 1003-1017, August.
- Traikova, Diana, 2013. "Determinants of non-farm entrepreneurial intentions in a transitional context: Evidence from rural Bulgaria," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 72, number 72.
- Solomon Zena Walelign, 2016. "Livelihood strategies, environmental dependency and rural poverty: the case of two villages in rural Mozambique," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 593-613, April.
- Quang Tran, Tuyen, 2012. "A review on the link between nonfarm activities, land and rural livelihoods in Vietnam and developing countries," MPRA Paper 55850, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Nov 2013.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:199-209 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28971 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eur:ejserj:35 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:blg:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:2:p:6-19 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTransition economies; rural livelihoods; rural non-farm economy; rural poverty; rural development; Community/Rural/Urban Development;
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ejadef:112606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faoooit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.