Cash management strategies and firm financial performance: A comprehensive literature review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yujun Lian & Mohamad Sepehri & Maggie Foley, 2011. "Corporate Cash Holdings and Financial Crisis: An Empirical Study of Chinese Companies," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 1(2), pages 112-124, December.
- Ali Uyar & Cemil Kuzey, 2014. "Determinants of corporate cash holdings: evidence from the emerging market of Turkey," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(9), pages 1035-1048, March.
- Gary E. Powell & H. Kent Baker, 2010. "Management Views on Corporate Cash Holdings," Discussion Paper Series 2010-01, McColl School of Business, Queens University of Charlotte.
- Raphael Amit & Joshua Livnat, 1988. "Diversification strategies, business cycles and economic performance," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 99-110, March.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Jarrad Harford, 1999. "Corporate Cash Reserves and Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 1969-1997, December.
- Dittmar, Amy & Mahrt-Smith, Jan, 2007. "Corporate governance and the value of cash holdings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 599-634, March.
- Naiwei Chen & Meiya Chang, 2013. "Financial Crisis and Corporate Liquidity: Implications for Emerging Markets," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 20(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Qingbin Cui & Makarand Hastak & Daniel Halpin, 2010. "Systems analysis of project cash flow management strategies," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(4), pages 361-376.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Palash Deb & Parthiban David & Jonathan O'Brien, 2017. "When is cash good or bad for firm performance?," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 436-454, February.
- Clarkson, Peter & Gao, Ru & Herbohn, Kathleen, 2020. "The relationship between a firm’s information environment and its cash holding decision," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2).
- Amess, Kevin & Banerji, Sanjay & Lampousis, Athanasios, 2015. "Corporate cash holdings: Causes and consequences," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 421-433.
- Frésard, Laurent & Salva, Carolina, 2010. "The value of excess cash and corporate governance: Evidence from US cross-listings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 359-384, November.
- Ghannam, Samir & Matolcsy, Zoltan P. & Spiropoulos, Helen & Thai, Nathan, 2019. "The influence of powerful non-executive Chairs in Mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 87-104.
- Pinkowitz, Lee & Sturgess, Jason & Williamson, Rohan, 2013. "Do cash stockpiles fuel cash acquisitions?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 128-149.
- Patrick Bolton & Hui Chen & Neng Wang, 2011.
"A Unified Theory of Tobin's q, Corporate Investment, Financing, and Risk Management,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(5), pages 1545-1578, October.
- Patrick Bolton & Hui Chen & Neng Wang, 2009. "A Unified Theory of Tobin's q, Corporate Investment, Financing, and Risk Management," NBER Working Papers 14845, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neng Wang & Hui Chen & Patrick Bolton, 2010. "A unified theory of Tobin's q, corporate investment, financing, and risk management," 2010 Meeting Papers 609, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Huajing Hu & Yili Lian & Wencang Zhou, 2019. "Do Local Protestant Values Affect Corporate Cash Holdings?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 147-166, January.
- Nyborg, Kjell G & Wang,, 2019. "Corporate cash holdings: Stock liquidity and the repurchase motive," CEPR Discussion Papers 13791, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Louise Yi Lu & Greg Shailer & Yangxin Yu, 2017. "Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure and the Value of Cash Holdings," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 729-753, October.
- Tran, Quoc Trung, 2020. "Financial crisis, shareholder protection and cash holdings," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Abdul Rashid & Maryam Ashfaq, 2017. "Financial Constraints And Corporate Cash Holdings: An Empirical Analysis Using Firm Level Data," Annals of Financial Economics (AFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(02), pages 1-26, June.
- Ha, Joohyung, 2019. "Agency costs of free cash flow and conditional conservatism," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-1.
- Chen, Ruiyuan (Ryan) & Guedhami, Omrane & Yang, Yang & Zaynutdinova, Gulnara R., 2020. "Corporate governance and cash holdings: Evidence from worldwide board reforms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Luo, Mi (Meg), 2011. "A bright side of financial constraints in cash management," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1430-1444.
- Amy Dittmar, 2008. "Corporate Cash Policy and How to Manage it with Stock Repurchases," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 20(3), pages 22-34, June.
- Shah, Hamid Ali & Shah, Attaullah, 2016. "The relationship between judicial efficiency and corporate cash holdings: An international study," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 448-462.
- Koethenbuerger, Marko & Stimmelmayr, Michael, 2014.
"Corporate deductibility provisions and managerial incentives,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 120-130.
- Marko Köthenbürger & Michael Stimmelmayr, 2013. "Corporate Deductibility Provisions and Managerial Incentives," CESifo Working Paper Series 4549, CESifo.
- Mai Iskandar-Datta & Yonghong Jia, 2014. "Investor protection and corporate cash holdings around the world: new evidence," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 245-273, August.
- Mar, 2015. "Cross institutional cash and dividend policies: focusing on Brazilian firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(3), pages 239-254, January.
More about this item
KeywordsCash (Liquidity); Cash management; cash holding theories; Financial performance;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adi:bsrfbs:v:2:y:2020:i:2:p:36-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.bussecon.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Umit Hacioglu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.bussecon.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.