International Quarterly Journal of Political Science
Contact information of now publishers:
Web page: http://www.nowpublishers.com/
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Alet Heezemans)
Series handle: repec:now:jlqjps
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2013, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 339-371 Electoral Rules and Clientelistic Parties: A Regression Discontinuity Approach
by Pellicer, Miquel & Wegner, Eva
- 373-408 The Political Economy of the Subprime Mortgage Credit Expansion
by Mian, Atif & Sufi, Amir & Trebbi, Francesco
- 409-450 The Control of Politicians in Normal Times and Times of Crisis: Wealth Accumulation by U.S. Congressmen, 1850–1880
by Querubin, Pablo & Snyder, James M.
- 451-464 Presidential Prospects, Political Support, and Stock Market Performance
by Gaikwad, Nikhar
2013, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 205-237 Who Decides? Coalition Governance and Ministerial Discretion
by Goodhart, Lucy
- 239-269 Unintentional Gerrymandering: Political Geography and Electoral Bias in Legislatures
by Chen, Jowei & Rodden, Jonathan
- 271-303 Equality of Educational Opportunity and Attitudes toward Income Inequality: Evidence from China
by L�, Xiaobo
- 305-337 Fundamentals of Social Choice Theory
by Myerson, Roger B.
2013, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 95-125 Safety in Numbers: Mainstream-Seeking Diffusion in Response to Executive Compensation Regulations
by Glick, David
- 127-158 Regularizing Rioting: Permitting Public Protest in an Authoritarian Regime
by Lorentzen, Peter L.
- 159-182 Electoral and Policy Consequences of Voter Turnout: Evidence from Compulsory Voting in Australia
by Fowler, Anthony
- 183-203 The Calculus of the Security Dilemma
by Acharya, Avidit & Ramsay, Kristopher W.
2013, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-40 The Vicious Cycle: Fundraising and Perceived Viability in US Presidential Primaries
by Feigenbaum, James J. & Shelton, Cameron A.
- 41-74 Federal Directives, Local Discretion and the Majority Rule
by Loeper, Antoine
- 75-92 Legislative Responsiveness to Gerrymandering: Evidence from the 2003 Texas Redistricting
by Lo, James
2012, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 333-363 Movers, Stayers, and Registration: Why Age is Correlated with Registration in the U.S
by Ansolabehere, Stephen & Hersh, Eitan & Shepsle, Kenneth
- 365-410 Comparing British and French Colonial Legacies: A Discontinuity Analysis of Cameroon
by Lee, Alexander & Schultz, Kenneth A.
- 411-445 Citizen Perceptions of Government Service Quality: Evidence from Public Schools
by Chingos, Matthew M. & Henderson, Michael & West, Martin R.
- 447-456 What Happens to Incumbents in Scandals?
by Hirano, Shigeo & Snyder, James M.
2012, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 209-248 The Election Timing Effect: Evidence from a Policy Intervention in Texas
by Anzia, Sarah F.
- 249-283 Elections, Fraud, and Election Monitoring in the Shadow of Revolution
by Little, Andrew T.
- 285-320 Targeted Government Spending and Political Preferences
by Pop-Eleches, Cristian & Pop-Eleches, Grigore
- 321-332 Emails from Official Sources Can Increase Turnout
by Malhotra, Neil & Michelson, Melissa R. & Valenzuela, Ali Adam
2012, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 105-133 The Tea Party Movement and the Geography of Collective Action
by Cho, Wendy K. Tam & Gimpel, James G. & Shaw, Daron R.
- 135-174 The Industrial Organization of Private Politics
by Baron, David P.
- 175-208 Tipping Points
by Lamberson, P. J. & Page, Scott E.
2012, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-33 Can Voter ID Laws Be Administered in a Race-Neutral Manner? Evidence from the City of Boston in 2008
by Cobb, Rachael V. & Greiner, D. James & Quinn, Kevin M.
- 35-67 On the (Ir)relevance of Skill Specificity for Social Insurance
by Nickelsburg, Jerry & Timmons, Jeffrey F.
- 69-87 Oil, Islam, Women, and Geography: A Comment on Ross (2008)
by Groh, Matthew & Rothschild, Casey
- 89-103 What's So Special about the Arabian Peninsula? A Reply to Groh and Rothschild
by Ross, Michael L.
2011, Volume 6, Issue 3–4
- 197-233 A Regression Discontinuity Test of Strategic Voting and Duverger's Law
by Fujiwara, Thomas
- 235-274 Indirect Lobbying and Media Bias
by Sobbrio, Francesco
- 275-327 Why Do Authoritarian Regimes Sign the Convention Against Torture? Signaling, Domestic Politics and Non-Compliance
by Hollyer, James R. & Rosendorff, B. Peter
- 329-376 The Political Consequences of Franchise Extension: Evidence from the Second Reform Act
by Berlinski, Samuel & Dewan, Torun
2011, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 103-135 Election Timing and Public Policy
by Berry, Christopher R. & Gersen, Jacob E.
- 137-178 The Costs of Political Influence: Firm-Level Evidence From Developing Countries
by Desai, Raj M. & Olofsg�rd, Anders
- 179-196 Generous Legislators? A Description of Vote Trading Agreements
by Hortala-Vallve, Rafael
2011, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-53 Pre-electoral Coalitions and Post-election Bargaining
by Bandyopadhyay, Siddhartha & Chatterjee, Kalyan & Sj�str�m, Tomas
- 55-83 Can Learning Constituency Opinion Affect How Legislators Vote? Results from a Field Experiment
by Butler, Daniel M. & Nickerson, David W.
- 85-102 Shifting Ideologies? Re-examining Media Bias
by Gasper, John T.
2011, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 321-337 The Causal Effect of Media-Driven Political Interest on Political Attitudes and Behavior
by Butler, Daniel M. & De La O, Ana L.
- 339-356 Voting Costs and Voter Turnout in Competitive Elections
by Fraga, Bernard & Hersh, Eitan
- 357-370 Categorization-Based Spatial Voting
by Collins, Nathan A.
2010, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 209-241 Inequality under Democracy: Explaining the Left Decade in Latin America
by Debs, Alexandre & Helmke, Gretchen
- 243-255 Belief Updating in Sequential Games of Two-Sided Incomplete Information: An Experimental Study of a Crisis Bargaining Model
by Tingley, Dustin H. & Wang, Stephanie W.
- 257-289 A Formulation of Path Dependence with an Empirical Example
by Jackson, John E. & Kollman, Ken
- 291-318 Is Private Campaign Finance a Good Thing? Estimates of the Potential Informational Benefits
by Prat, Andrea & Puglisi, Riccardo & Snyder, James M.
2010, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 107-131 The Strategic Use of International Institutions in Dispute Settlement
by Fang, Songying
- 133-167 Popular Control of Public Policy: A Quantitative Approach
by Matsusaka, John G.
- 169-191 Primary Elections and Partisan Polarization in the U.S. Congress
by Hirano, Shigeo & Snyder, James M. & Ansolabehere, Stephen & Hansen, John Mark
- 193-208 Random Events, Economic Losses, and Retrospective Voting: Implications for Democratic Competence
by Healy, Andrew & Malhotra, Neil
2010, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-25 Political Information Acquisition for Social Exchange
by Aldashev, Gani
- 27-44 A Measure of Bizarreness
by Chambers, Christopher P. & Miller, Alan D.
- 45-70 Anonymous Procedures for Condorcet's Model: Robustness, Nonmonotonicity, and Optimality
by Chwe, Michael Suk-Young
- 71-97 Democratic Accountability in Open Economies
by Sattler, Thomas & Brandt, Patrick T. & Freeman, John R.
2009, Volume 4, Issue 4
- 279-313 Strategic Militarization, Deterrence and Wars
by Jackson, Matthew O. & Morelli, Massimo
- 315-342 The Shape of Things to Come? On the Dynamics of Suicide Attacks and Targeted Killings
by Jaeger, David A. & Paserman, M. Daniele
- 343-378 A Reputational Theory of Two-Party Competition
by Kalandrakis, Tasos
- 379-385 Utility Representations of Risk Neutral Preferences in Multiple Dimensions
by Eguia, Jon X.
2009, Volume 4, Issue 3
- 187-209 Persistence in Political Participation
by Meredith, Marc
- 211-228 Economic Shocks and Civil War
by Chassang, Sylvain & Miquel, Gerard PadrÃ³ i
- 229-249 Candidate Faces and Election Outcomes: Is the Face–Vote Correlation Caused by Candidate Selection?
by Atkinson, Matthew D. & Enos, Ryan D. & Hill, Seth J.
- 251-278 Two's Company, Three's an Equilibrium: Strategic Voting and Multicandidate Elections
by Patty, John W. & Snyder, James M. & Ting, Michael M.
2009, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 87-101 Congressional Careers, Committee Assignments, and Seniority Randomization in the US House of Representatives
by Kellermann, Michael & Shepsle, Kenneth A.
- 103-128 Vote Buying: Legislatures and Lobbying
by Dekel, Eddie & Jackson, Matthew O. & Wolinsky, Asher
- 153-165 The Effect of Outliers on Regression Analysis: Regime Type and Foreign Direct Investment
by Choi, Seung-Whan
- 167-181 Outlier, Measurement, and the Democracy-FDI Controversy
by Li, Quan
2009, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-34 Corruption and Political Decay: Evidence from Bolivia
by Gingerich, Daniel W.
- 35-58 Political Decentralization and Policy Experimentation
by Cai, Hongbin & Treisman, Daniel
- 59-85 Foreign Direct Investors as Agents of Economic Transition: An Instrumental Variables Analysis
by Malesky, Edmund J.
2008, Volume 3, Issue 4
- 327-352 Strategic Uncertainty as a Cause of War
by Meirowitz, Adam & Sartori, Anne E.
- 353-377 Measuring Explicit Political Positions of Media
by Ho, Daniel E. & Quinn, Kevin M.
- 379-397 Issue Unbundling via Citizens' Initiatives
by Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen
- 399-418 Terrorist Factions
by de Mesquita, Ethan Bueno
2008, Volume 3, Issue 3
- 203-225 Contestable Leadership: Party Leaders as Principals and Agents
by Iaryczower, Matias
- 227-267 Predictable Corruption and Firm Investment: Evidence from a Natural Experiment and Survey of Cambodian Entrepreneurs
by Malesky, Edmund J. & Samphantharak, Krislert
- 269-299 A Dynamic Model of Democratic Elections in Multidimensional Policy Spaces
by Banks, Jeffrey S. & Duggan, John
- 301-311 Where You Sit is Where You Stand: The Impact of Seating Proximity on Legislative Cue-Taking
by Masket, Seth E.
- 313-326 Do Statistical Reporting Standards Affect What Is Published? Publication Bias in Two Leading Political Science Journals
by Gerber, Alan & Malhotra, Neil
2008, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 89-122 Do UN Interventions Cause Peace? Using Matching to Improve Causal Inference
by Gilligan, Michael J. & Sergenti, Ernest J.
- 123-140 A Theory of Policy Expertise
by Callander, Steven
- 141-164 Location and Policy Preferences
by Urbatsch, Robert
- 165-200 Minorities and Storable Votes
by Casella, Alessandra & Palfrey, Thomas & Riezman, Raymond
2008, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-31 In the Eye of the Beholder: How Information Shortcuts Shape Individual Perceptions of Bias in the Media
by Baum, Matthew A. & Gussin, Phil
- 33-61 Communitarian versus Universalistic Norms
by Bendor, Jonathan & Mookherjee, Dilip
- 63-82 Do Community-Based Voter Mobilization Campaigns Work Even in Battleground States? Evaluating the Effectiveness of MoveOn's 2004 Outreach Campaign
by Middleton, Joel A. & Green, Donald P.
- 83-88 Deliberation Rules and Voting
by Van Weelden, Richard
2008, Volume 2, Issue 4
- 287-305 Cohesion, Insurance and Redistribution
by Echenique, Federico & Eguia, Jon X.
- 307-324 Capital Controls, Political Institutions, and Economic Growth: A Panel and Cross Country Analysis
by Satyanath, Shanker & Berger, Daniel
- 325-343 The Exaggerated Effects of Advertising on Turnout: The Dangers of Self-Reports
by Vavreck, Lynn
- 345-367 Rich State, Poor State, Red State, Blue State: What's the Matter with Connecticut?
by Gelman, Andrew & Shor, Boris & Bafumi, Joseph & Park, David
- 369-379 Does Email Boost Turnout?
by Nickerson, David W.
2007, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 129-150 War Chests for Deterrence and Savings
by Goodliffe, Jay
2007, Volume 2, Issue 3
- 205-226 Did Ralph Nader Spoil Al Gore's Presidential Bid? A Ballot-Level Study of Green and Reform Party Voters in the 2000 Presidential Election
by Herron, Michael C. & Lewis, Jeffrey B.
- 227-252 Bicameralism and Government Formation
by Diermeier, Daniel & Eraslan, H�lya & Merlo, Antonio
- 253-275 Public Goods in Federal Systems
by Hafer, Catherine & Landa, Dimitri
- 277-286 Party Influence in Congress and the Economy
by Snowberg, Erik & Wolfers, Justin & Zitzewitz, Eric
2007, Volume 2, Issue 2
- 107-138 The Effect of Electoral Competitiveness on Incumbent Behavior
by Gordon, Sanford C. & Huber, Gregory A.
- 139-154 An Estimate of Risk Aversion in the U.S. Electorate
by Berinsky, Adam J. & Lewis, Jeffrey B.
- 155-188 Electoral Rules and Government Spending in Parliamentary Democracies
by Persson, Torsten & Roland, Gerard & Tabellini, Guido
- 189-203 The Etiology of Public Support for the Designated Hitter Rule
by Zorn, Christopher & Gill, Jeff
2007, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 5-25 Electoral Institutions and the National Provision of Local Public Goods
by Gehlbach, Scott
- 27-41 Does Advertising Exposure Affect Turnout?
by Ashworth, Scott & Clinton, Joshua D.
- 43-65 I'm Asking for Your Support: The Effects of Personally Delivered Campaign Messages on Voting Decisions and Opinion Formation
by Arceneaux, Kevin
- 67-92 Nomination Processes and Policy Outcomes
by Jackson, Matthew O. & Mathevet, Laurent & Mattes, Kyle
- 95-106 Small States, Big Pork
by Hauk, William R. & Wacziarg, Romain
2006, Volume 1, Issue 4
- 327-350 Self-Interest, Inequality, and Entitlement in Majoritarian Decision-Making
by Diermeier, Daniel & Gailmard, Sean
- 351-371 Informative Positive and Negative Campaigning
by Polborn, Mattias K. & David T., Yi
- 373-392 Designing Institutions to Aggregate Preferences and Information
by Meirowitz, Adam
- 393-404 The Orientation of Newspaper Endorsements in U.S. Elections, 1940–2002
by Ansolabehere, Stephen & Lessem, Rebecca & Snyder, James M.
2006, Volume 1, Issue 3
- 227-254 Context-dependent Voting
by Callander, Steven & Wilson, Catherine H.
- 255-286 Religion and Preferences for Social Insurance
by Scheve, Kenneth & Stasavage, David
- 287-311 Ethical Voters and Costly Information Acquisition
by Feddersen, Timothy & Sandroni, Alvaro
- 313-322 Electoral Victory and Statistical Defeat? Economics, Politics, and the 2004 Presidential Election
by Nordhaus, William
2006, Volume 1, Issue 2
- 119-137 Party and Incumbency Cues in Voting: Are They Substitutes?
by Ansolabehere, Stephen & Hirano, Shigeo & Snyder, James M. & Ueda, Michiko
- 139-169 Whose Ear to Bend? Information Sources and Venue Choice in Policy-Making
by Boehmke, Frederick J. & Gailmard, Sean & Patty, John Wiggs
- 171-200 Satisficing and Selection in Electoral Competition
by Bendor, Jonathan & Mookherjee, Dilip & Ray, Debraj
- 201-226 What's the Matter with What's the Matter with Kansas?
by Bartels, Larry M. Princeton University
2006, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 3-23 Federalism and Incentives for Success of Democracy
by Myerson, Roger B.
- 25-47 Polls and Pounds: Public Opinion and Exchange Rate Behavior in Britain
by Bernhard, William & Leblang, David
- 49-85 A General Bargaining Model of Legislative Policy-making
by Banks, Jeffrey S. & Duggan, John
- 87-115 Path Dependence
by Page, Scott E.