Journal of World Business
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:worbus
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2010, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 143-149 The barriers to effective global talent management: The example of corporate élites in MNEs
by Mellahi, Kamel & Collings, David G.
- 150-160 Developing tomorrow's leaders--Evidence of global talent management in multinational enterprises
by McDonnell, Anthony & Lamare, Ryan & Gunnigle, Patrick & Lavelle, Jonathan
- 161-168 The role of the corporate HR function in global talent management
by Farndale, Elaine & Scullion, Hugh & Sparrow, Paul
- 169-178 Talent management of western MNCs in China: Balancing global integration and local responsiveness
by Hartmann, Evi & Feisel, Edda & Schober, Holger
- 179-189 Talent Management and HRM in Multinational companies in Beijing: Definitions, differences and drivers
by Iles, Paul & Chuai, Xin & Preece, David
- 190-196 Developing the local competence of expatriate managers for emerging markets: A knowledge-based approach
by Li, Shenxue & Scullion, Hugh
2010, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-1 Editors' comments
by Slocum Jr., John W.
- 2-8 Exploring corporate entrepreneurship in privatized firms
by Romero-Martínez, Ana M. & Fernández-Rodríguez, Zulima & Vázquez-Inchausti, Elena
- 9-18 Early and late adoption of American-style executive pay in Germany: Governance and institutions
by Chizema, Amon
- 19-28 Explaining variation in reverse diffusion of HR practices: Evidence from the German and British subsidiaries of American multinationals
by Edwards, Tony & Tempel, Anne
- 29-40 The view from the field: A case study of the expatriate boundary-spanning role
by Johnson, Karen L. & Duxbury, Linda
- 41-48 Organizational learning as a situated routine-based activity in international settings
by Saka-Helmhout, Ayse
- 49-58 Implications of perceived competitive advantages, adaptation of marketing tactics and export commitment on export performance
by Navarro, Antonio & Losada, Fernando & Ruzo, Emilio & Díez, José A.
- 59-67 Understanding multi-level institutional convergence effects on international market segments and global marketing strategy
by Griffith, David A.
- 68-79 How emerging market governments promote outward FDI: Experience from China
by Luo, Yadong & Xue, Qiuzhi & Han, Binjie
- 80-92 Corporate environmentalism pursuit by foreign firms competing in China
by Chan, Ricky Y.K.
- 93-103 The impact of institutional distance on the international diversity-performance relationship
by Chao, Mike Chen-Ho & Kumar, Vikas
2009, Volume 44, Issue 4
- 347-356 Knowledge embeddedness and the transfer mechanisms in multinational corporations
by Hong, Jacky F.L. & Nguyen, Thang V.
- 357-369 Senior expatriate leadership's effects on innovation and the role of cultural intelligence
by Elenkov, Detelin S. & Manev, Ivan M.
- 370-382 Contextualizing experience effects in international business: A study of ownership strategies
by Li, Peng-Yu & Meyer, Klaus E.
- 383-396 Are we on the same page?: Justice agreement in international joint ventures
by Luo, Yadong
- 397-406 Organizational slack and firm's internationalization: A longitudinal study of high-technology firms
by Lin, Wen-Ting & Cheng, Kuei-Yang & Liu, Yunshi
- 407-420 Product business, foreign direct investment, and licensing: Examining their relationships in international technology exploitation
by Lichtenthaler, Ulrich
- 421-433 Exploring knowledge management to organizational performance outcomes in a transitional economy
by Kiessling, Timothy S. & Richey, R. Glenn & Meng, Juan & Dabic, Marina
- 434-444 FDI entry mode choice of Chinese firms: A strategic behavior perspective
by Cui, Lin & Jiang, Fuming
- 445-462 Equity-based entry modes of emerging country multinationals: Lessons from Turkey
by Demirbag, Mehmet & Tatoglu, Ekrem & Glaister, Keith W.
- 463-475 An investigation of marketing capabilities and upgrading performance of manufacturers in mainland China and Hong Kong
by Eng, Teck-Yong & Spickett-Jones, J. Graham
2009, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 217-224 Governance decisions for the offshore outsourcing of new product development in technology intensive markets
by Griffith, David A. & Harmancioglu, Nukhet & Droge, Cornelia
- 225-237 Graft and business in emerging economies: An ecological perspective
by Luo, Yadong & Han, Binjie
- 238-249 Partner nationality, market-focus and IJV performance: A contingent approach
by Chiao, Yu-Ching & Yu, Chwo-Ming Joseph & Peng, Ju-Tzu Ann
- 250-261 Understanding offshoring: A research framework based on disintegration, location and externalization advantages
by Kedia, Ben L. & Mukherjee, Debmalya
- 262-273 International market selection and subsidiary performance: A neural network approach
by Brouthers, Lance Eliot & Mukhopadhyay, Somnath & Wilkinson, Timothy J. & Brouthers, Keith D.
- 274-286 Foreign market entry mode of service firms: The case of U.S. MBA programs
by Czinkota, Michael R. & Grossman, David A. & Javalgi, Rajshekhar (Raj) G. & Nugent, Nicholas
- 287-299 International management, political arena and dispersed entrepreneurship in the MNC
by Williams, Christopher & Lee, Soo Hee
- 300-310 An institution-stakeholder framework for examining business relationship dynamics in a transforming Eastern Europe
by Kyj, Myroslaw J. & Kyj, Larissa
- 311-322 An integrative model of the role of knowledge in the internationalization process
by Casillas, José C. & Moreno, Ana M. & Acedo, Francisco J. & Gallego, María A. & Ramos, Encarnación
- 323-335 Gender differences in the work commitment of Chinese workers: An investigation of two alternative explanations
by Peng, Kelly Z. & Ngo, Hang-Yue & Shi, Junqi & Wong, Chi-Sum
- 336-346 Predicting effectiveness in global leadership activities
by Caligiuri, Paula & Tarique, Ibraiz
2009, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 105-107 Revisiting the impact of multinational enterprises on economic development
by Ghauri, Pervez N. & Yamin, Mo
- 108-120 MNEs and development: a review and reconceptualization
by Oetzel, Jennifer & Doh, Jonathan P.
- 121-130 MNC strategies and linkage effects in developing countries
by Hansen, Michael W. & Pedersen, Torben & Petersen, Bent
- 131-143 The impact of the global factory on economic development
by Buckley, Peter J.
- 144-157 Infrastructure or foreign direct investment?: An examination of the implications of MNE strategy for economic development
by Yamin, Mo & Sinkovics, Rudolf R.
- 158-166 The logic of spillover interception: The impact of global supply chains in China
by Hatani, Faith
- 167-179 Subsidiary roles, vertical linkages and economic development: Lessons from transition economies
by Jindra, Björn & Giroud, Axèle & Scott-Kennel, Joanna
- 180-191 Regional location of multinational corporation subsidiaries and economic development contribution: Evidence from the UK
by Dimitratos, Pavlos & Liouka, Ioanna & Young, Stephen
- 192-205 MNCs and linkages creation: Evidence from a peripheral area
by Santangelo, Grazia D.
- 206-215 Intellectual property, pharmaceutical MNEs and the developing world
by Ghauri, Pervez N. & Rao, P.M.
2009, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-15 Strategic choice during economic crisis: Domestic market position, organizational capabilities and export flexibility
by Lee, Seung-Hyun & Beamish, Paul W. & Lee, Ho-Uk & Park, Jong-Hun
- 16-30 A longitudinal examination of partnership governance in offshoring: A moving target
by Vivek, Shiri D. & Richey Jr., R. Glenn & Dalela, Vivek
- 31-40 Diversity management and the effects on employees' organizational commitment: Evidence from Japan and Korea
by Magoshi, Emiko & Chang, Eunmi
- 41-50 Delivering 'effortless experience' across borders: Managing internal consistency in professional service firms
by Segal-Horn, Susan & Dean, Alison
- 51-62 Minimizing effects of 'liability of foreignness': Response strategies of foreign firms in the United States
by Elango, B.
- 63-73 Organizational context and knowledge acquisition in IJVs: An empirical study
by Evangelista, Felicitas & Hau, Le Nguyen
- 74-84 Why do Chinese firms tend to acquire strategic assets in international expansion?
by Deng, Ping
- 85-93 Compensation disparity between locals and expatriates: Moderating the effects of perceived injustice in foreign multinationals in China
by Leung, Kwok & Zhu, Yongxin & Ge, Cungen
- 94-103 Institutional background as a determinant of boards of directors' internal and external roles: The case of Russia
by Melkumov, Dmitri
2008, Volume 43, Issue 4
- 381-384 Key success factors and indigenous management practices in SMEs in emerging economies
by Tung, Rosalie L. & Aycan, Zeynep
- 385-399 Private firms in China: Building legitimacy in an emerging economy
by Ahlstrom, David & Bruton, Garry D. & Yeh, Kuang S.
- 400-416 Untangling African indigenous management: Multiple influences on the success of SMEs in Kenya
by Jackson, Terence & Amaeshi, Kenneth & Yavuz, Serap
- 417-434 Managing the human resource in Indian SMEs: The role of indigenous realities
by Saini, Debi S. & Budhwar, Pawan S.
- 435-448 Performance implications of institutionalization process in family-owned businesses: Evidence from an emerging economy
by Alpay, Güven & Bodur, Muzaffer & YIlmaz, Cengiz & Çetinkaya, Saadet & ArIkan, Laçin
- 449-462 Yuan and marketing: The perception of Chinese owner-managers
by Siu, Wai-sum
- 463-474 Dual-edged tools of trade: How international joint ventures help and hinder capability building of Chinese firms
by Li, Jing & Zhou, Changhui
- 475-485 Internationalization and performance of small- and medium-sized enterprises
by Pangarkar, Nitin
2008, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 255-260 National culture and the adoption of new technologies
by Steers, Richard M. & Meyer, Alan D. & Sanchez-Runde, Carlos J.
- 261-273 Beyond a better mousetrap: A cultural analysis of the adoption of ethanol in Brazil
by Nardon, Luciara & Aten, Kathryn
- 274-289 Towards a theory of synchronous technological assimilation: The case of Korea's Internet economy
by Lee, Sang-Myung & Ungson, Gerardo R.
- 290-306 Organizational culture and firm effectiveness: An examination of relative effects of culture traits and the balanced culture hypothesis in an emerging economy
by Yilmaz, Cengiz & Ergun, Ercan
- 307-320 Antecedents of international pricing adaptation and export performance
by Sousa, Carlos M.P. & Bradley, Frank
- 321-339 Anti-piracy effectiveness and managerial confidence: Insights from multinationals in China
by Yang, Deli & Fryxell, Gerald E. & Sie, Agnes K.Y.
- 340-351 Enforcement and performance: The role of ownership, legalism and trust in international joint ventures
by Lin, Xiaohua & Wang, Cheng Lu
- 352-364 The impact of greenfield FDI and mergers and acquisitions on innovation in Chinese high-tech industries
by Liu, Xiaohui & Zou, Huan
- 365-379 The relationship between organizational learning and firms' financial performance in strategic alliances: A contingency approach
by Jiang, Xu & Li, Yuan
2008, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 131-145 Green and competitive? An empirical test of the mediating role of environmental innovation strategy
by Eiadat, Yousef & Kelly, Aidan & Roche, Frank & Eyadat, Hussein
- 146-157 The rapid internationalization of high technology firms created through the commercialization of academic research
by Styles, Chris & Genua, Tina
- 158-170 Strategic orientations of born globals--Do they really matter?
by Jantunen, Ari & Nummela, Niina & Puumalainen, Kaisu & Saarenketo, Sami
- 171-185 The impact of different kinds of knowledge for the internationalization process of Born Globals in the biotech business
by Nordman, Emilia Rovira & Melén, Sara
- 186-196 International new ventures: The cross-border nexus of individuals and opportunities
by Di Gregorio, Dante & Musteen, Martina & Thomas, Douglas E.
- 197-212 Composing the top management team in the international subsidiary: Qualitative evidence on international staffing in U.S. MNCs in the Republic of Ireland
by Collings, David G. & Morley, Michael J. & Gunnigle, Patrick
- 213-226 Foreign acquisitions by Chinese firms: A strategic intent perspective
by Rui, Huaichuan & Yip, George S.
- 227-242 Multinational investment and host country development: Location efficiencies for services offshoring
by Bunyaratavej, Kraiwinee & Hahn, Eugene D. & Doh, Jonathan P.
- 243-254 Small firm internationalization through experiential learning: The moderating role of socialization tactics
by Michailova, Snejina & Wilson, Heather I.M.
2008, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-4 Introduction
by Paik, Yongsun & Lee, Seung-Hyun
- 5-15 Korea's multinationals in a regional world
by Rugman, Alan M. & Oh, Chang Hoon
- 16-34 The value of real options investments under abnormal uncertainty: The case of the Korean economic crisis
by Lee, Seung-Hyun & Makhija, Mona & Paik, Yongsun
- 35-46 Developing trust in vertical product development partnerships: A comparison of South Korea and Austria
by Bstieler, Ludwig & Hemmert, Martin
- 47-65 From diversification premium to diversification discount during institutional transitions
by Lee, Keonbeom & Peng, Mike W. & Lee, Keun
- 66-84 Corporate governance, regulatory changes, and corporate restructuring in Korea, 1993-2004
by Park, Choelsoon & Kim, Seonghoon
- 85-96 Social capital among corporate upper echelons and its impacts on executive promotion in Korea
by Kim, Yangmin & Cannella Jr., Albert A.
- 97-108 Managing the human side of cross-border acquisitions in South Korea
by Froese, Fabian Jintae & Pak, Yong Suhk & Chong, Li Choy
- 109-126 Individual differences and expatriate assignment effectiveness: The case of U.S.-based Korean expatriates
by Kim, Kwanghyun & Slocum Jr., John W.
2007, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 369-383 Accelerated internationalization by emerging markets' multinationals: The case of the white goods sector
by Bonaglia, Federico & Goldstein, Andrea & Mathews, John A.
- 384-400 Market convergence and advertising standardization in the European Union
by Okazaki, Shintaro & Taylor, Charles R. & Doh, Jonathan P.
- 401-417 Nature of the relationship between international expansion and performance: The case of emerging market firms
by Contractor, Farok J. & Kumar, Vikas & Kundu, Sumit K.
- 418-434 Institutional and transaction cost influences on MNEs' ownership strategies of their affiliates: Evidence from an emerging market
by Demirbag, Mehmet & Glaister, Keith W. & Tatoglu, Ekrem
- 435-448 Do culturally distant partners choose different types of joint ventures?
by Kaufmann, Jeffrey B. & O'Neill, Hugh M.
- 449-462 Leadership and culture in Mexico
by Howell, Jon P. & DelaCerda, José & Martínez, Sandra M. & Prieto, Leonel & Bautista, J. Arnoldo & Ortiz, Juan & Dorfman, Peter & Méndez, Maria J.
- 463-476 The influence of supportive leadership and job characteristics on work alienation: A six-country investigation
by Banai, Moshe & Reisel, William D.
- 477-488 Safeguarding investments and creation of transaction value in asymmetric international subcontracting relationships: The role of relationship learning and relational capital
by Chang, Kuo-Hsiung & Gotcher, Donald F.
- 489-504 A cross-national study on the impact of management teams on the rapid internationalization of small firms
by Loane, S. & Bell, J.D. & McNaughton, R.
- 505-519 Dispersed entrepreneurship within multinational corporations: A community perspective
by Lee, Soo Hee & Williams, Christopher
2007, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 231-231 Editors' Comments
by Slocum, John & Luthans, Fred
- 232-235 Introduction
by Liesch, P.W. & Weerawardena, J. & Sullivan Mort, G. & Knight, G.A. & Kastelle, T.
- 236-252 Speed of internationalization and entrepreneurial cognition: Insights and a comparison between international new ventures, exporters and domestic firms
by Acedo, Francisco J. & Jones, Marian V.
- 253-267 Firms' degree of born-globalness, international entrepreneurial orientation and export performance
by Kuivalainen, Olli & Sundqvist, Sanna & Servais, Per
- 268-280 The drivers of the early internationalization of the firm
by Zucchella, Antonella & Palamara, G. & Denicolai, S.
- 281-293 The effects of entrepreneurial proclivity and foreign market knowledge on early internationalization
by Zhou, Lianxi
- 294-306 Conceptualizing accelerated internationalization in the born global firm: A dynamic capabilities perspective
by Weerawardena, Jay & Mort, Gillian Sullivan & Liesch, Peter W. & Knight, Gary
- 307-321 Hidden ties in international new venturing: The case of portfolio entrepreneurship
by McGaughey, Sara L.
- 322-335 Born globals, the choice of globalization strategy, and the market's perception of performance
by Gleason, Kimberly C. & Wiggenhorn, Joan
- 336-349 "A roasted duck can still fly away": A case study of technology, nationality, culture and the rapid and early internationalization of the firm
by Zhang, Marina Y. & Dodgson, Mark
- 350-366 The competitive advantage of early and rapidly internationalising SMEs in the biotechnology industry: A knowledge-based view
by Gassmann, Oliver & Keupp, Marcus Matthias
2007, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 129-144 A coopetition perspective of global competition
by Luo, Yadong
- 145-156 Is market orientation affected by the product life cycle?
by Wong, Hiu-Kan & Ellis, Paul D.
- 157-169 A study on motivating employees' learning commitment in the post-downsizing era: Job satisfaction perspective
by Tsai, Philip Cheng-Fei & Yen, Yu-Fang & Huang, Liang-Chih & Huang, Ing-Chung
- 170-183 The fit of home to foreign market environment: An exploratory study of the relationship of congruence to performance
by Myers, Matthew B. & Droge, Cornelia & Cheung, Mee Shew
- 184-197 International diversification and firm performance: Role of information technology investments
by Chari, Murali D.R. & Devaraj, Sarv & David, Parthiban
- 198-213 Changing patterns of global staffing in the multinational enterprise: Challenges to the conventional expatriate assignment and emerging alternatives
by Collings, David G. & Scullion, Hugh & Morley, Michael J.
- 214-227 Job attitudes and absenteeism: A study in the English speaking Caribbean
by Punnett, Betty Jane & Greenidge, Dion & Ramsey, Jase
2007, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-13 Can Russia's state-managed, network capitalism be competitive?: Institutional pull versus institutional push
by Puffer, Sheila M. & McCarthy, Daniel J.
- 14-34 From foreign investors to strategic insiders: Shifting parameters, prescriptions and paradigms for MNCs in China
by Luo, Yadong
- 35-46 Strategic decision making within Chinese firms: The effects of cognitive diversity and trust on decision outcomes
by Olson, Bradley J. & Bao, Yongjian & Parayitam, Satyanarayana
- 47-60 Resource attributes and firm performance in international joint ventures
by Ainuddin, R. Azimah & Beamish, Paul W. & Hulland, John S. & Rouse, Michael J.
- 61-79 The effect of product diversification strategies on the relationship between international diversification and firm performance
by Chang, Shao-Chi & Wang, Chi-Feng
- 80-98 The effects of the governance environment on the choice of investment mode and the strategic implications
by Li, Shaomin & Filer, Larry
- 99-112 Brain drain: Inclination to stay abroad after studies
by Baruch, Yehuda & Budhwar, Pawan S. & Khatri, Naresh
- 113-127 To what extent can management practices be transferred between countries?: The case of human resource management in Vietnam
by Thang, Le Chien & Rowley, Chris & Quang, Truong & Warner, Malcolm
2006, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 301-301 Editors' Comments
by Slocum, John Jr.
- 302-314 Cross-country differences in ICT adoption: A consequence of Culture?
by Erumban, Abdul Azeez & de Jong, Simon B.
- 315-327 E-commerce developments and strategies for value creation: The case of Russia
by Doern, Rachel R. & Fey, Carl F.
- 328-343 Introducing Western-style HRM practices to China: Shopfloor perceptions in a British multinational
by Gamble, Jos
- 344-355 Perceived organizational justice, trust, and OCB: A study of Chinese workers in joint ventures and state-owned enterprises
by Wong, Yui-Tim & Ngo, Hang-Yue & Wong, Chi-Sum
- 356-367 Attributions of noncooperative incidents and response strategies: The role of national character
by Griffith, David A. & Zhang, Chun & Cavusgil, S. Tamer
- 368-381 Individual pay for performance and commitment HR practices in South Korea
by Chang, Eunmi
- 382-394 Cultural tendencies in negotiation: A comparison of Finland, India, Mexico, Turkey, and the United States
by Metcalf, Lynn E. & Bird, Allan & Shankarmahesh, Mahesh & Aycan, Zeynep & Larimo, Jorma & Valdelamar, Dídimo Dewar
2006, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 205-220 Management education in Ibero-America: An exploratory analysis and perspective
by Rivera-Camino, Jaime & Mejia, Luis Gomez
- 221-232 Exploring Latin American family decision-making using correspondence analysis
by Harcar, Talha & Spillan, John E.
- 233-246 The drivers of evolution/upgrading in Mexico's maquiladoras: How important is subsidiary initiative?
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 247-260 A multiple constituency approach to IJV performance measurement
by Mohr, Alexander T.
- 261-274 Performance of domestic and foreign-invested enterprises in China
by Xu, Dean & Pan, Yigang & Wu, Changqi & Yim, Bennett
- 275-288 Cultural awareness in knowledge transfer to China--The role of guanxi and mianzi
by Buckley, Peter J. & Clegg, Jeremy & Tan, Hui
- 289-300 Behind make or buy decisions in export strategy: A replication and extension of Trabold
by Peng, Mike W. & Zhou, Yuanyuan & York, Anne S.
2006, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 99-99 Editorial statement from Editors-in-Chief: Fred Luthans and John Slocum
by Slocum, J.
- 100-111 The influence of market and cultural environmental factors on technology transfer between foreign MNCs and local subsidiaries: A Croatian illustration
by Cui, Anna Shaojie & Griffith, David A. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer & Dabic, Marina
- 112-120 A new perspective on the female expatriate experience: The role of host country national categorization
by Varma, Arup & Toh, Soo Min & Budhwar, Pawan
- 121-132 The impact of efficacy on work attitudes across cultures
by Luthans, Fred & Zhu, Weichun & Avolio, Bruce J.
- 133-148 Successful female expatriates as agents: Positioning oneself through gender, hierarchy, and culture
by Janssens, Maddy & Cappellen, Tineke & Zanoni, Patrizia
- 149-160 Academic freedom for all in higher education: The role of the general agreement on trade in services
by Czinkota, Michael R.
- 161-170 National cultural distance and initial foreign acquisition performance: The moderating effect of integration
by Slangen, Arjen H.L.
- 171-189 Distinctive determinant factors of Spanish foreign direct investment in Latin America
by Galan, Jose I. & Gonzalez-Benito, Javier
- 190-202 Bullying in global organizations: A reference point perspective
by Harvey, Michael & Treadway, Darren & Heames, Joyce Thompson
2006, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-5 Social entrepreneurship: New research findings
by Christie, Michael J. & Honig, Benson
- 6-20 Gauging the success of social ventures initiated by individual social entrepreneurs
by Sharir, Moshe & Lerner, Miri
- 21-35 Investigating social entrepreneurship: A multidimensional model
by Weerawardena, Jay & Mort, Gillian Sullivan
- 36-44 Social entrepreneurship research: A source of explanation, prediction, and delight
by Mair, Johanna & Martí, Ignasi
- 45-55 Indigenous land rights, entrepreneurship, and economic development in Canada: "Opting-in" to the global economy
by Anderson, Robert B. & Dana, Leo Paul & Dana, Teresa E.
- 56-65 Social entrepreneurship: A critical review of the concept
by Peredo, Ana María & McLean, Murdith
- 66-80 The emerging approach to employee relations in German overseas affiliates: A role model for international operation?
by Tüselmann, Heinz-Josef & McDonald, Frank & Thorpe, Richard
- 81-96 Listening to the global grapevine: SME export managers' personal contacts as a vehicle for export information generation
by Andersen, Poul Houman
2005, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 339-339 Editors' comments
by Slocum, John & Luthans, Fred
- 340-347 Global careers: New phenomenon or new perspectives?
by Thomas, David C. & Lazarova, Mila B & Inkson, Kerr
- 348-360 Career paths of global managers: Towards future research
by Cappellen, Tineke & Janssens, Maddy
- 361-373 Knowledge transfer upon repatriation
by Lazarova, Mila & Tarique, Ibraiz
- 374-385 The personal quest for building global competence: A taxonomy of self-initiating career path strategies for gaining business experience abroad
by Vance, Charles M.
- 386-398 From global careers to talent flow: Reinterpreting 'brain drain'
by Carr, Stuart C. & Inkson, Kerr & Thorn, Kaye
- 399-408 Developing career capital for global careers: The role of international assignments
by Dickmann, Michael & Harris, Hilary
- 409-420 Career interrupted? The case of the self-directed expatriate
by Richardson, Julia & Mallon, Mary
- 421-431 Self-initiated foreign experience as accelerated development: Influences of gender
by Myers, Barbara & Pringle, Judith K.
2005, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 223-234 The evolving role of cooperation among multinational corporations and indigenous organizations in transition economies: A migration away from confrontation
by Danskin, Paula & Dibrell, Clay & Kedia, Ben L.
- 235-253 Managing conflict of interests between headquarters and their subsidiaries regarding technology transfer to emerging markets--a framework
by Kaufmann, Lutz & Roessing, Soenke
- 254-266 Characteristics of Japanese FDI in the East and the West: Understanding the strategic motives of Japanese investment
by Pak, Yong Suhk & Park, Young-Ryeol
- 267-280 Reducing inpatriate managers' 'Liability of Foreignness' by addressing stigmatization and stereotype threats
by Harvey, Michael & Novicevic, Milorad M. & Buckley, M. Ronald & Fung, Helen
- 281-301 Culture matters to multinationals' intellectual property businesses
by Yang, Deli
- 302-320 Negotiating complexity and legitimacy in independent power project development
by Kumar, Rajesh & Rangan, U. Srinivasa & Rufín, Carlos
- 321-337 The effects of culture and life stage on workplace strategies of upward influence: A comparison of Thailand and the United States
by Ralston, David A. & Hallinger, Philip & Egri, Carolyn P. & Naothinsuhk, Subhatra
2005, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 111-123 A forecast of globalization, international business and trade: report from a Delphi study
by Czinkota, Michael R. & Ronkainen, Ilkka A.
- 124-138 Cooperative strategy, knowledge intensity and export performance of small and medium sized enterprises
by Haahti, Antti & Madupu, Vivekananda & Yavas, Ugur & Babakus, Emin
- 139-157 What are the impacts of implementing ISOs on the competitiveness of manufacturing industry in China?
by Yeung, Godfrey & Mok, Vincent
- 158-171 The tale of two cultures: Attitudes towards affirmative action in the United States and India
by Combs, Gwendolyn M. & Nadkarni, Sucheta
- 172-187 A study of underemployment among self-initiated expatriates
by Lee, Chay Hoon
- 188-202 Adopting or adapting? The tension between local and international mindsets in Portuguese management
by Cunha, Miguel Pina e
- 203-221 Learning to trust: a study of interfirm trust dynamics in Vietnam
by Nguyen, Thang V.
2005, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-8 An exploratory investigation of the relative importance of cultural similarity and personal fit in the selection and performance of expatriates
by Jun, Sunkyu & Gentry, James W.
- 9-28 The repatriate experience as seen by American expatriates
by Bossard, Annette B. & Peterson, Richard B.
- 29-40 Cross-border mergers and acquisitions: a response to environmental transformation
by Conklin, David W.
- 41-56 The structure-performance relationship in international joint ventures: a comparative analysis
by Merchant, Hemant
- 57-70 How technology transfer really occurs on the factory floor: a case of a major Japanese automotive die manufacturer in the United States
by Sunaoshi, Yukako & Kotabe, Masaaki & Murray, Janet Y.
- 71-90 Toward coopetition within a multinational enterprise: a perspective from foreign subsidiaries
by Luo, Yadong
- 91-109 A comparative study of the contents of corporate codes of ethics in Australia, Canada and Sweden
by Singh, Jang & Carasco, Emily & Svensson, Goran & Wood, Greg & Callaghan, Michael
2004, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 307-307 Letter from the Editors
by Slocum, J.W.
- 308-310 Human resource development in the Asia Pacific: coverage, themes and contents
by Rowley, Chris & Warner, Malcolm
- 311-323 HRD in the People's Republic: The MBA 'with Chinese characteristics'?
by Goodall, Keith & Warner, M. & Lang, V.
- 324-336 Required human resources competencies in the future: a framework for developing HR executives in Hong Kong
by Selmer, Jan & Chiu, Randy
- 337-348 Responding to the challenges of globalization: human resource development in Japan
by Zhu, Ying
- 349-361 Macro and micro approaches in human resource development: context and content in South Korea
by Bae, Johngseok & Rowley, Chris
- 362-376 Employee training and human capital in Taiwan
by Lee, Joseph S. & Hsin, Ping-Lung
- 377-392 The characteristics and performance of Japanese FDI in less developed and developed countries
by Makino, Shige & Beamish, Paul W. & Zhao, Natalie Bin
- 393-413 An empirical investigation into the alternative strategies to implement the elimination of financial services
by Argouslidis, Paraskevas C.
- 414-430 Developing language strategies for international companies: the contribution of translation studies
by Janssens, Maddy & Lambert, José & Steyaert, Chris