Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:wdevel
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2013, Volume 43, Issue C
- 124-137 Conditional Cash Transfers and Payments for Environmental Services—A Conceptual Framework for Explaining and Judging Differences in Outcomes
by Martin Persson, U. & Alpízar, Francisco
- 138-148 How do “Mineral-States” Learn? Path-Dependence, Networks, and Policy Change in the Development of Economic Institutions
by Orihuela, José Carlos
- 149-163 Economic and Social Impacts of an Innovative Self-Help Group Model in India
by Deininger, Klaus & Liu, Yanyan
- 164-179 Rediscovering the Virgin Lands: Agricultural Investment and Rural Livelihoods in a Eurasian Frontier Area
by Petrick, Martin & Wandel, Jürgen & Karsten, Katharina
- 180-193 Rural People’s Reliance on Forests and the Non-Forest Environment in West Africa: Evidence from Ghana and Burkina Faso
by Pouliot, Mariève & Treue, Thorsten
- 194-206 Beyond the Poverty Agenda? Insights from the New Politics of Development in Uganda
by Hickey, Sam
- 207-225 Do Stronger Collective Property Rights Improve Household Welfare? Evidence from a Field Study in Fiji
by Lawson-Remer, Terra
- 226-237 Local Governance of Forests and the Role of External Organizations: Some Ties Matter More Than Others
by Andersson, Krister
- 238-251 The Impact of Climate Shocks on Seed Purchase Decisions in Malawi: Implications for Climate Change Adaptation
by Nordhagen, Stella & Pascual, Unai
- 252-265 Rural Electrification and Employment in Poor Countries: Evidence from Nicaragua
by Grogan, Louise & Sadanand, Asha
- 266-275 Emerging Private Education in Africa: Determinants of School Choice in Rural Kenya
by Nishimura, Mikiko & Yamano, Takashi
- 276-287 Delivery Care in Tanzania: A Comparative Analysis of Use and Preferences
by Van Rijsbergen, Bart & D’Exelle, Ben
- 288-297 Is Micro too Small? Microcredit vs. SME Finance
by Bauchet, Jonathan & Morduch, Jonathan
- 298-314 How to Deliver Foreign Aid? The Case of Projects Governed by the Spanish International Agency
by Hermano, Víctor & Martín-Cruz, Natalia
- 315-328 Does Access to Formal Agricultural Credit Depend on Caste?
by Kumar, Sunil Mitra
- 329-340 Quality, Quantity, and Nutritional Impacts of Rice Price Changes in Vietnam
by Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun
2013, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-15 Determinants of Horizontal Spillovers from FDI: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis
by Iršová, Zuzana & Havránek, Tomáš
- 16-27 Is Social Spending Procyclical? Evidence for Developing Countries
by Arze del Granado, Javier & Gupta, Sanjeev & Hajdenberg, Alejandro
- 28-43 Is There a Disability Gap in Employment Rates in Developing Countries?
by Mizunoya, Suguru & Mitra, Sophie
- 44-66 Uncertainty, Insecurity, and Emigration from Kazakhstan to Russia
by An, Galina & Becker, Charles M.
- 67-75 “A Mile Wide and an Inch Deep”? Understanding Public Support for Aid: The Case of the United Kingdom
by Henson, Spencer & Lindstrom, Johanna
- 76-88 Developmental Drivers of Nutritional Change: A Cross-Country Analysis
by Headey, Derek D.
- 89-99 Food Security, Gender, and Occupational Choice among Urban Low-Income Households
by Floro, Maria Sagrario & Bali Swain, Ranjula
- 100-113 Food Quality Changes and Implications: Evidence from the Rice Value Chain of Bangladesh
by Minten, Bart & Murshid, K.A.S. & Reardon, Thomas
- 114-126 Staying Alive: Adult Literacy Programs and Child Mortality in Rural Ghana
by Blunch, Niels-Hugo
- 127-142 Market Imperfections and Child Labor
by Dumas, Christelle
- 143-164 Are Girls the Fairer Sex in India? Revisiting Intra-Household Allocation of Education Expenditure
by Azam, Mehtabul & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi
- 165-181 Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling on Loan Size?
by Agier, Isabelle & Szafarz, Ariane
- 182-198 Do Microloan Officers Want to Lend to the Less Advantaged? Evidence from a Choice Experiment
by Sagamba, MoÏse & Shchetinin, Oleg & Yusupov, Nurmukhammad
- 199-208 Adverse Incorporation and Microfinance among Cross-Border Traders in Senegal
by Howson, Cynthia
- 209-221 Revisiting the “Cotton Problem”—A Comparative Analysis of Cotton Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen
2013, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-18 Disability and Poverty in Developing Countries: A Multidimensional Study
by Mitra, Sophie & Posarac, Aleksandra & Vick, Brandon
- 19-30 How Should MDG Success and Failure be Judged: Faster Progress or Achieving the Targets?
by Fukuda-Parr, Sakiko & Greenstein, Joshua & Stewart, David
- 31-50 How Did the Great Recession Affect Different Types of Workers? Evidence from 17 Middle-Income Countries
by Cho, Yoonyoung & Newhouse, David
- 51-66 Gender in Transition: The Case of North Korea
by Haggard, Stephan & Noland, Marcus
- 67-82 Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking?
by Cho, Seo-Young & Dreher, Axel & Neumayer, Eric
- 83-95 Remittances and Portfolio Values: An Inquiry using Immigrants from Africa, Europe, and the Americas
by Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan
- 96-108 Citizens, Legislators, and Executive Disclosure: The Political Determinants of Fiscal Transparency
by Wehner, Joachim & de Renzio, Paolo
- 109-119 Redressing Grievances and Complaints Regarding Basic Service Delivery
by Gauri, Varun
- 120-131 The Profit Orientation of Microfinance Institutions and Effective Interest Rates
by Roberts, Peter W.
- 132-144 Pricing in Microinsurance Markets
by Biener, Christian
- 145-156 The Effects of Religion on Development Efforts: Evidence from the Microfinance Industry and a Research Agenda
by Mersland, Roy & D’Espallier, Bert & Supphellen, Magne
- 157-167 Development, Social Change, and Islamic Finance in Contemporary Indonesia
by Pepinsky, Thomas B.
- 168-182 How Effective is a Big Push to the Small? Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment
by Mallick, Debdulal
- 183-195 Mothers’ Employment and their Children’s Schooling: A Joint Multilevel Analysis for India
by Francavilla, Francesca & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia & Grilli, Leonardo
- 196-216 Admissible Evidence in the Court of Development Evaluation? The Impact of CARE’s SHOUHARDO Project on Child Stunting in Bangladesh
by Smith, Lisa C. & Khan, Faheem & Frankenberger, Timothy R. & Wadud, A.K.M. Abdul
- 217-231 African Re-Agrarianization? Accumulation or Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth?
by Andersson Djurfeldt, Agnes
- 232-244 Targeting Maps: An Asset-Based Approach to Geographic Targeting
by Lang, Corey & Barrett, Christopher B. & Naschold, Felix
- 245-264 Unpacking the Meaning of ‘Market Access’: Evidence from Rural Kenya
by Chamberlin, Jordan & Jayne, T.S.
- 265-285 Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia’s Protected Areas on Poverty
by Canavire-Bacarreza, Gustavo & Hanauer, Merlin M.
- 286-301 Linking Globalization to Local Land Uses: How Eco-Consumers and Gourmands are Changing the Colombian Coffee Landscapes
by Rueda, Ximena & Lambin, Eric F.
- 302-316 Innovation Performance and Embeddedness in Networks: Evidence from the Ethiopian Footwear Cluster
by Gebreeyesus, Mulu & Mohnen, Pierre
- 317-337 Export Liberalization, Job Creation, and the Skill Premium: Evidence from the US–Vietnam Bilateral Trade Agreement (BTA)
by Fukase, Emiko
2012, Volume 40, Issue 12
- 2369-2378 Banking Crises and Short and Medium Term Output Losses in Emerging and Developing Countries: The Role of Structural and Policy Variables
by Furceri, Davide & Zdzienicka, Aleksandra
- 2379-2398 Participatory Governance Reform: A Good Strategy for Increasing Government Responsiveness and Improving Public Services?
by Speer, Johanna
- 2399-2410 Mapping the Outcomes of Citizen Engagement
by Gaventa, John & Barrett, Gregory
- 2411-2426 Gender and Rural Non-Farm Entrepreneurship
by Rijkers, Bob & Costa, Rita
- 2427-2439 Migration and Rural Welfare: The Impact of Potential Policy Reforms in Europe
by Wouterse, Fleur
- 2440-2453 Merchants of Corruption: How Entrepreneurs Manufacture and Supply Bribes
by Ufere, Nnaoke & Perelli, Sheri & Boland, Richard & Carlsson, Bo
- 2454-2467 Where Does the Axe Fall? Inflation Dynamics and Poverty Rates: Regional and Sectoral Evidence for Ghana
by Coleman, Simeon
- 2468-2477 Local Demand for a Global Intervention: Policy Priorities in the Time of AIDS
by Dionne, Kim Yi
- 2478-2489 Beyond “Death Do Us Part”: The Long-Term Implications of Divorce Perceptions on Women’s Well-Being and Child Schooling in Rural Ethiopia
by Kumar, Neha & Quisumbing, Agnes R.
- 2490-2504 Inequality and the Politics of Social Policy Implementation: Gender, Age and Chile’s 2004 Health Reforms
by Ewig, Christina & Palmucci, Gastón A.
- 2505-2521 Leaving the Safety Net: An Analysis of Dropouts in an Urban Conditional Cash Transfer Program
by González-Flores, Mario & Heracleous, Maria & Winters, Paul
- 2522-2536 Social Capital Formation and Credit Access: Evidence from Sri Lanka
by Shoji, Masahiro & Aoyagi, Keitaro & Kasahara, Ryuji & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Ueyama, Mika
- 2537-2551 Equity-Efficiency Trade-Offs in Irrigation Water Sharing: Evidence from a Field Lab in Rural Tanzania
by D’Exelle, Ben & Lecoutere, Els & Van Campenhout, Bjorn
- 2552-2563 The Pitfalls of Water Privatization: Failure and Reform in Malaysia
by Tan, Jeff
- 2564-2577 Privatization and Renationalization: What Went Wrong in Bolivia’s Water Sector?
by Hailu, Degol & Osorio, Rafael Guerreiro & Tsukada, Raquel
- 2578-2589 In the Eye of the Storm—The Welfare Impacts of a Hurricane
by Jakobsen, Kristian Thor
2012, Volume 40, Issue 11
- 2155-2176 Does Foreign Aid Increase Foreign Direct Investment?
by Selaya, Pablo & Sunesen, Eva Rytter
- 2177-2193 Trade Liberalization, Economic Crises, and Growth
by Falvey, Rod & Foster, Neil & Greenaway, David
- 2194-2205 FDI Waves, Waves of Neglect of Political Risk
by Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Sekkat, Khalid
- 2206-2220 Heterogeneous FDI in Transition Economies – A Novel Approach to Assess the Developmental Impact of Backward Linkages
by Giroud, Axèle & Jindra, Björn & Marek, Philipp
- 2221-2233 Do Developing Countries Invest Up? The Environmental Effects of Foreign Direct Investment from Less-Developed Countries
by Zeng, Ka & Eastin, Joshua
- 2234-2248 The Unequal Benefits of Fuel Subsidies: A Review of Evidence for Developing Countries
by Arze del Granado, Francisco Javier & Coady, David & Gillingham, Robert
- 2249-2262 The Impact of Microfinance in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Systematic Review of the Evidence
by van Rooyen, C. & Stewart, R. & de Wet, T.
- 2263-2274 The Fungibility of Aid Earmarked for HIV/AIDS Control Programs
by Harper, Sarah E.
- 2275-2289 Do Inequalities in Health Care Utilization in Developing Countries Change When We Take into Account Traditional Medicines?
by Sato, Azusa
- 2290-2301 Ordinal Welfare Comparisons with Multiple Discrete Indicators: A First Order Dominance Approach and Application to Child Poverty
by Arndt, Channing & Distante, Roberta & Hussain, M. Azhar & Østerdal, Lars Peter & Huong, Pham Lan & Ibraimo, Maimuna
- 2302-2317 Estimating the Short-Run Poverty Impacts of the 2010–11 Surge in Food Prices
by Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will & Zaman, Hassan
- 2318-2328 Impact of the 2008–2009 Twin Economic Crises on the Philippine Labor Market
by van der Meulen Rodgers, Yana & Menon, Nidhiya
- 2329-2341 Can Top-Down and Bottom-Up be Reconciled? Electoral Competition and Service Delivery in Malaysia
by Mccourt, Willy
- 2342-2354 Harnessing Communities, Markets and the State for Public Goods Provision: Evidence from Post-Socialist Rural Poland
by Petrick, Martin & Gramzow, Andreas
- 2355-2367 Effects of Fair Trade Certification on Social Capital: The Case of Rwandan Coffee Producers
by Elder, Sara D. & Zerriffi, Hisham & Le Billon, Philippe
2012, Volume 40, Issue 10
- 1933-1943 Is there a Beijing Consensus on International Macroeconomic Policy?
by Bird, Graham & Mandilaras, Alex & Popper, Helen
- 1944-1969 IMF Lending in Times of Crisis: Political Influences and Crisis Prevention
by Presbitero, Andrea F. & Zazzaro, Alberto
- 1970-1981 Sabotaging Civil Service Reform in Aid-Dependent Countries: Are Donors to Blame?
by Nunberg, Barbara & Taliercio, Robert R.
- 1982-1998 International R&D Transfer and Technical Efficiency: Evidence from Panel Study Using Stochastic Frontier Analysis
by Wang, Miao & Wong, M. C. Sunny
- 1999-2013 Return Migration and the Survival of Entrepreneurial Activities in Egypt
by Marchetta, Francesca
- 2014-2032 Parental Education and Child Health—Understanding the Pathways of Impact in Pakistan
by Aslam, Monazza & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi
- 2033-2043 “The Poor Stay Poor”: Household Asset Poverty Traps in Rural Semi-Arid India
by Naschold, Felix
- 2044-2062 NGOs and the Political Empowerment of Poor People in Rural Bangladesh: Cultivating the Habits of Democracy?
by Kabeer, Naila & Mahmud, Simeen & Isaza Castro, Jairo G.
- 2063-2077 Bridging the Gender Divide: An Experimental Analysis of Group Formation in African Villages
by Barr, Abigail & Dekker, Marleen & Fafchamps, Marcel
- 2078-2095 Opening Cracks for the Transgression of Social Boundaries: An Evaluation of the Gender Impacts of Farmer Research Teams in Honduras
by Humphries, Sally & Classen, Lauren & Jiménez, José & Sierra, Fredy & Gallardo, Omar & Gómez, Marvin
- 2096-2107 Collective Action Dynamics under External Rewards: Experimental Insights from Andean Farming Communities
by Narloch, Ulf & Pascual, Unai & Drucker, Adam G.
- 2108-2122 Land Fragmentation, Cropland Abandonment, and Land Market Operation in Albania
by Deininger, Klaus & Savastano, Sara & Carletto, Calogero
- 2123-2135 Reducing Poverty Through Carbon Forestry? Impacts of the N’hambita Community Carbon Project in Mozambique
by Jindal, Rohit & Kerr, John M. & Carter, Sarah
- 2136-2154 Child Porterage and Africa’s Transport Gap: Evidence from Ghana, Malawi and South Africa
by Porter, Gina & Hampshire, Kate & Abane, Albert & Munthali, Alister & Robson, Elsbeth & Mashiri, Mac & Tanle, Augustine & Maponya, Goodhope & Dube, Sipho
2012, Volume 40, Issue 9
- 1713-1722 Development Consequences of Armed Conflict
by Gates, Scott & Hegre, Håvard & Nygård, Håvard Mokleiv & Strand, Håvard
- 1723-1749 Aid, Growth and Devolution
by Lessmann, Christian & Markwardt, Gunther
- 1750-1761 Fiscal Spending and Economic Growth: Some Stylized Facts
by Carrère, Céline & de Melo, Jaime
- 1762-1783 Fiscal Sustainability: The Impact of Real Exchange Rate Shocks on Debt Valuation, Interest Rates and GDP Growth
by Carrera, Claudia Martínez & Vergara, Rodrigo
- 1784-1797 The Growth Effects of Property Rights: The Role of Finance
by Bose, Niloy & Murshid, Antu Panini & Wurm, Martin A.
- 1798-1809 The Institutional Reforms Debate and FDI Flows to the MENA Region: The “Best” Ensemble
by Mina, Wasseem Michel
- 1810-1823 Asking Questions to Understand Rural Livelihoods: Comparing Disaggregated vs. Aggregated Approaches to Household Livelihood Questionnaires
by Jagger, Pamela & Luckert, Marty K. & Banana, Abwoli & Bahati, Joseph
- 1824-1838 Impacts of Community-driven Development Programs on Income and Asset Acquisition in Africa: The Case of Nigeria
by Nkonya, Ephraim & Phillip, Dayo & Mogues, Tewodaj & Pender, John & Kato, Edward
- 1839-1853 Poverty and Prime-Age Mortality in Eastern and Southern Africa: Evidence from Zambia and Kenya
by Chapoto, Antony & Kirimi, Lilian & Kadiyala, Suneetha
- 1854-1869 Urban Services and Child Migration to the Slums of Nairobi
by Archambault, Caroline S. & de Laat, Joost & Zulu, Eliya Msiyaphazi
- 1870-1881 Institution Building with Limited Resources: Establishing a Supreme Audit Institution in Rwanda
by Isaksson, Ann-Sofie & Bigsten, Arne
- 1882-1894 Alert at Maradi: Preventing Food Crises by Using Price Signals
by Araujo, Claudio & Araujo-Bonjean, Catherine & Brunelin, Stéphanie
- 1895-1907 Impact Evaluation of Traditional Basmati Rice Cultivation in Uttarakhand State of Northern India: What Implications Does It Hold for Geographical Indications?
by Jena, Pradyot R. & Grote, Ulrike
- 1908-1920 Economic Liberalization and Rising College Premiums in Mexico: A Reinterpretation
by Mehta, Aashish & Mohr, Belinda Acuña
- 1921-1931 Poverty and Proximate Barriers to Learning: Vision Deficiencies, Vision Correction and Educational Outcomes in Rural Northwest China
by Hannum, Emily & Zhang, Yuping
2012, Volume 40, Issue 8
- 1483-1496 The Impact of China on Low and Middle Income Countries’ Export Prices in Industrial-Country Markets
by Fu, Xiaolan & Kaplinsky, Raphael & Zhang, Jing
- 1497-1510 The Impact of Foreign Labor on Host Country Wages: The Experience of a Southern Host, Malaysia
by Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Devadason, Evelyn S.
- 1511-1521 Fiscal Decentralization and Development Outcomes in India: An Exploratory Analysis
by Kalirajan, Kaliappa & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 1522-1533 Partisan Preferences and Skill Formation Policies: New Evidence from Turkey and Argentina
by Apaydin, Fulya
- 1534-1545 Why is Corruption Less Harmful to Income Inequality in Latin America?
by Dobson, Stephen & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn
- 1546-1568 Setting Priorities, Targeting Subsidies among Water, Sanitation, and Preventive Health Interventions in Developing Countries
by Whittington, Dale & Jeuland, Marc & Barker, Kate & Yuen, Yvonne
- 1569-1576 Does User Participation Lead to Sense of Ownership for Rural Water Systems? Evidence from Kenya
by Marks, Sara J. & Davis, Jennifer
- 1577-1593 Rural Poverty Dynamics in Kenya: Structural Declines and Stochastic Escapes
by Radeny, Maren & van den Berg, Marrit & Schipper, Rob
- 1594-1609 Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique
by Giesbert, Lena & Schindler, Kati
- 1610-1618 Assessing the Impact of Training on Lowland Rice Productivity in an African Setting: Evidence from Uganda
by Kijima, Yoko & Ito, Yukinori & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 1619-1633 Who is Vouching for the Input Voucher? Decentralized Targeting and Elite Capture in Tanzania
by Pan, Lei & Christiaensen, Luc
- 1634-1646 Does the Nonfarm Economy Offer Pathways for Upward Mobility? Evidence from a Panel Data Study in Ethiopia
by Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein T.
- 1647-1662 Income Risk and Household Schooling Decisions in Burkina Faso
by Kazianga, Harounan
- 1663-1674 Family Hardship and Cultural Values: Child Labor in Malian Small-Scale Gold Mining Communities
by Hilson, Gavin
- 1675-1689 Microfinance and Poverty—A Macro Perspective
by Imai, Katsushi S. & Gaiha, Raghav & Thapa, Ganesh & Annim, Samuel Kobina
- 1690-1699 Credit Program Participation and Decline in Violence: Does Self-Selection Matter?
by Chin, Yoo-Mi
- 1700-1711 Bequest Motives and Determinants of Micro Life Insurance in Sri Lanka
by Arun, Thankom & Bendig, Mirko & Arun, Shoba
2012, Volume 40, Issue 7
- 1283-1294 Do Free Trade Agreements Increase Economic Growth of the Member Countries?
by Hur, Jung & Park, Cheolbeom
- 1295-1307 Export Performance and Trade Facilitation Reform: Hard and Soft Infrastructure
by Portugal-Perez, Alberto & Wilson, John S.
- 1308-1316 Resource Curse and Power Balance: Evidence from Oil-Rich Countries
by Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Schneider, Friedrich
- 1317-1336 Natural Disasters and Growth: Going Beyond the Averages
by Loayza, Norman V. & Olaberría, Eduardo & Rigolini, Jamele & Christiaensen, Luc
- 1337-1351 The Spatial Interdependence of FDI in Latin America
by Blanco, Luisa R.
- 1352-1368 Constrained Gazelles: High Potentials in West Africa’s Informal Economy
by Grimm, Michael & Knorringa, Peter & Lay, Jann
- 1369-1381 Is the Informal Sector Constrained from the Demand Side? Evidence for Six West African Capitals
by Böhme, Marcus & Thiele, Rainer
- 1382-1393 Challenging the Myths of Urban Dynamics in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Evidence from Nigeria
by Potts, Deborah
- 1394-1406 Converting Asset Holdings into Livelihood: An Empirical Study on the Role of Household Agency in South Africa
by Anderson, Bret
- 1407-1417 Seasonal Food Crises and Policy Responses: A Narrative Account of Three Food Security Crises in Malawi
by Ellis, Frank & Manda, Elizabeth
- 1418-1434 As You Sow, So Shall You Reap: The Welfare Impacts of Contract Farming
by Bellemare, Marc F.
- 1435-1451 Economic Inequality and HIV in Malawi
by Durevall, Dick & Lindskog, Annika
- 1452-1468 Health Inequality between Ethnic Minority and Han Populations in China
by Ouyang, Yusi & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 1469-1481 Joining the Dots of Agrarian Change in Asia: A 25 Year View from Thailand
by Rigg, Jonathan & Salamanca, Albert & Parnwell, Michael
2012, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 1083-1097 Equity in Climate Change: An Analytical Review
by Mattoo, Aaditya & Subramanian, Arvind
- 1098-1108 Governing International Advocacy NGOs
by Brown, L. David & Ebrahim, Alnoor & Batliwala, Srilatha
- 1109-1121 Building a BRIC? Stock Market Opening and Investment Finance in India since Liberalization
by Snowden, Nicholas & Muñoz, Jesús
- 1122-1134 Trade Contraction and Employment in India and South Africa during the Global Crisis
by Kucera, David & Roncolato, Leanne & von Uexkull, Erik
- 1135-1150 Changes in Wage Structure in Urban India, 1983–2004: A Quantile Regression Decomposition
by Azam, Mehtabul
- 1151-1163 Inequality of Educational Opportunity in India: Changes Over Time and Across States
by Asadullah, M. Niaz & Yalonetzky, Gaston
- 1164-1180 The Effect of Gender-Based Returns to Borrowing on Intra-Household Resource Allocation in Rural Bangladesh
by Alam, Saad
- 1181-1189 Microfinance and Moneylender Interest Rate: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Mallick, Debdulal
- 1190-1200 Identity, Inequality, and Happiness: Evidence from Urban China
by Jiang, Shiqing & Lu, Ming & Sato, Hiroshi
- 1201-1212 Women’s Entry into Self-employment in Urban China: The Role of Family in Creating Gendered Mobility Patterns
by Zhang, Qian Forrest & Pan, Zi
- 1213-1223 Auction Design for the Private Provision of Public Goods in Developing Countries: Lessons from Payments for Environmental Services in Malawi and Indonesia
by Ajayi, Oluyede C. & Jack, B. Kelsey & Leimona, Beria
- 1224-1239 Hunting for the Benefits of Joint Forest Management in the Eastern Afromontane Biodiversity Hotspot: Effects on Bushmeat Hunters and Wildlife in the Udzungwa Mountains
by Nielsen, Martin Reinhardt & Treue, Thorsten
- 1240-1254 Land Acquisition and the Adoption of Soil and Water Conservation Techniques: A Duration Analysis for Kenya and The Philippines
by Oostendorp, Remco H. & Zaal, Fred
- 1255-1268 Linking Smallholders to Markets: Determinants and Impacts of Farmer Collective Action in Kenya
by Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin
- 1269-1279 The Economic Sustainability of Certified Coffee: Recent Evidence from Mexico and Peru
by Barham, Bradford L. & Weber, Jeremy G.
2012, Volume 40, Issue 5
- 865-877 Where Do The Poor Live?
by Sumner, Andy
- 878-899 A Household-Based Human Development Index
by Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan
- 900-915 The Good Governance Indicators of the Millennium Challenge Account: How Many Dimensions are Really Being Measured?
by Knoll, Martin & Zloczysti, Petra
- 916-927 Vulnerability, Income Growth and Climate Change
by Ward, Patrick & Shively, Gerald
- 928-937 Revisiting the Trade-Migration Nexus: Evidence from New OECD Data
by Felbermayr, Gabriel J. & Toubal, Farid
- 938-955 Migration, Human Capital Formation, and Growth: An Empirical Investigation
by Di Maria, Corrado & Lazarova, Emiliya A.
- 956-969 Skill Distribution and Comparative Advantage: A Comparison of China and India
by Asuyama, Yoko
- 970-982 State-led Technological Development: A Case of China’s Nanotechnology Development
by Huang, Can & Wu, Yilin
- 983-998 The Benefits of Formalization: Evidence from Vietnamese Manufacturing SMEs
by Rand, John & Torm, Nina
- 999-1012 The Impact of Connectivity on Market Interlinkages: Evidence from Rural Punjab
by Shami, Mahvish
- 1013-1023 Local Entrepreneurship within Global Value Chains: A Case Study in the Mexican Automotive Industry
by Contreras, Oscar F. & Carrillo, Jorge & Alonso, Jorge
- 1024-1041 Understanding and Improving Accountability in Education: A Conceptual Framework and Guideposts from Three Decentralization Reform Experiences in Latin America
by Gershberg, Alec Ian & González, Pablo Alberto & Meade, Ben
- 1042-1053 Distributive Politics and Conditional Cash Transfers: The Case of Brazil’s Bolsa Família
by Fried, Brian J.
- 1054-1067 Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana
by Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel
- 1068-1081 Wildlife Conservation in Zambia: Impacts on Rural Household Welfare
by Richardson, Robert B. & Fernandez, Ana & Tschirley, David & Tembo, Gelson
2012, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 657-666 Remittances and Institutions: Are Remittances a Curse?
by Abdih, Yasser & Chami, Ralph & Dagher, Jihad & Montiel, Peter
- 667-680 Hard or Soft Pegs? Choice of Exchange Rate Regime and Trade in Africa
by Qureshi, Mahvash Saeed & Tsangarides, Charalambos G.
- 681-700 Aid, Real Exchange Rate Misalignment, and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Elbadawi, Ibrahim A. & Kaltani, Linda & Soto, Raimundo
- 701-714 The Rise of Large Farms in Land Abundant Countries: Do They Have a Future?
by Deininger, Klaus & Byerlee, Derek
- 715-730 Smallholder Participation in Contract Farming: Comparative Evidence from Five Countries
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Bachke, Maren E. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Michelson, Hope C. & Narayanan, Sudha & Walker, Thomas F.
- 731-744 Triggers and Characteristics of the 2007 Kenyan Electoral Violence
by Dercon, Stefan & Gutiérrez-Romero, Roxana
- 745-757 Conflict Management, Decentralization and Agropastoralism in Dryland West Africa
by Turner, Matthew D. & Ayantunde, Augustine A. & Patterson, Kristen P. & Patterson, E. Daniel
- 758-770 Pitfalls of Externally Initiated Collective Action: A Case Study from South Africa
by Vollan, Björn
- 771-783 Minimum Wages and Household Poverty: General Equilibrium Macro–Micro Simulations for South Africa
by Pauw, Karl & Leibbrandt, Murray
- 784-795 Persistent Poverty in Rural China: Where, Why, and How to Escape?
by Glauben, Thomas & Herzfeld, Thomas & Rozelle, Scott & Wang, Xiaobing
- 796-807 Knowledge Transfer from TNCs and Upgrading of Domestic Firms: The Polish Automotive Sector
by Simona, Gentile-Lüdecke & Axèle, Giroud
- 808-820 Consumers’ Welfare and Trade Liberalization: Evidence from the Car Industry in Colombia
by Tovar, Jorge
- 821-835 Trade Liberalization, Inequality, and Poverty in Brazilian States
by Castilho, Marta & Menéndez, Marta & Sztulman, Aude
- 836-849 Comparing Forest Decentralization and Local Institutional Change in Bolivia, Kenya, Mexico, and Uganda
by Coleman, Eric A. & Fleischman, Forrest D.
- 850-864 Welfare Outcomes and the Advance of the Deforestation Frontier in the Brazilian Amazon
by Celentano, Danielle & Sills, Erin & Sales, Marcio & Veríssimo, Adalberto
2012, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 437-445 Governance, Private Investment and Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries
by Morrissey, Oliver & Udomkerdmongkol, Manop
- 446-457 The Impact of the Strategic Sale of Restructured Banks: Evidence from Indonesia
by Parinduri, Rasyad A. & Riyanto, Yohanes E.
- 458-468 How Can Micro and Small Enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa Become More Productive? The Impacts of Experimental Basic Managerial Training
by Mano, Yukichi & Iddrisu, Alhassan & Yoshino, Yutaka & Sonobe, Tetsushi
- 469-485 Changes in Trade Policies and the Heterogeneity of Domestic and Multinational Firms’ Strategic Response: The Effects on Firm-Level Capabilities
by Peerally, Jahan Ara & Cantwell, John A
- 486-500 The Political Economy of Relief Aid Allocation: Evidence from Madagascar
by Francken, Nathalie & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M.
- 501-515 The Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on HIV and AIDS Programs in a High Prevalence Country: The Case of Malawi
by Serieux, John E. & Munthali, Spy & Sepehri, Ardeshir & White, Robert
- 516-527 Citizen Perceptions of Local Government Responsiveness in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bratton, Michael
- 528-541 Community Organized Household Water Increases Not Only Rural incomes, but Also Men’s Work
by Crow, Ben & Swallow, Brent & Asamba, Isabella
- 542-554 Institutional Determinants of Success Among Forestry-Based Carbon Sequestration Projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Reynolds, Travis W.
- 555-569 Swimming Upstream: Local Indonesian Production Networks in “Globalized” Palm Oil Production
by McCarthy, John F. & Gillespie, Piers & Zen, Zahari
- 570-582 The Impact of Fair Trade Certification for Coffee Farmers in Peru
by Ruben, Ruerd & Fort, Ricardo