Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Pricing information: USD 342
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask D.A Niemeier to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:transa
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1998, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 331-343 Evaluation of travel demand measures and programs: a data envelopment analysis approach
by Nozick, Linda K. & Borderas, Hector & Meyburg, Arnim H.
- 345-357 Mixed modelling of interurban trips by coach and train
by de Dios Ortuzar, Juan & Iacobelli, Andres
- 359-375 Operating subsidies and performance in public transit: an empirical study
by Karlaftis, Matt G. & McCarthy, Patrick
- 377-391 Economics of coal log pipeline for transporting coal
by Liu, Henry & Noble, James S. & Wu, Jianping & Zuniga, Robert
1998, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 231-245 The impact of new urban public transport systems: will the expectations be met?
by Mackett, Roger L. & Edwards, Marion
- 247-260 Modelling the impacts of reducing non-motorised traffic in urban corridors of developing cities
by Hossain, Moazzem & Mcdonald, M.
- 261-269 Assessing the relative efficiency of aircraft maintenance technologies: an application of data envelopment analysis
by Peck, Milo W. & Scheraga, Carl A. & Boisjoly, Russell P.
- 271-278 An observational study of the network-level traffic variables
by Amini, Behnam & Shahi, Jalil & Ardekani, Siamak A.
- 279-295 Predicting on-time performance in scheduled railroad operations: methodology and application to train scheduling
by Hallowell, Susan F. & Harker, Patrick T.
- 297-310 Capacity planning for toll roadways incorporating consumer wait time costs
by Boronico, Jess S. & Siegel, Philip H.
1998, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 159-170 A Parking Search Model
by Thompson, Russell G. & Richardson, Anthony J.
- 171-181 Psychological resistance against attempts to reduce private car use
by Tertoolen, Gerard & van Kreveld, Dik & Verstraten, Ben
- 183-195 The effects of economic restructuring on China's system for financing transport infrastructure
by Hayashi, Yoshitsugu & Yang, Zhongzhen & Osman, Omar
- 197-214 Airport pavement management systems: an appraisal of existing methodologies
by Gendreau, Michel & Soriano, Patrick
- 215-229 Factors affecting vehicle occupancy measurement
by Levine, Ned & Wachs, Martin
1998, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 73-87 Simulation support tool for real-time dispatching control in public transport
by Adamski, Andrzej & Turnau, Andrzej
- 89-97 Estimating the effects of carrier transit-time performance on logistics cost and service
by Tyworth, John E. & Zeng, Amy Zhaohui
- 99-114 High occupancy vehicle lanes: Not always more effective than general purpose lanes
by Dahlgren, Joy
- 115-127 The economic impacts of a divisible-load permit system for heavy vehicles
by Meyburg, Arnim H. & Saphores, Jean-Daniel M. & Schuler, Richard E.
- 129-137 Driver memory: Motorist selection and retention of individualized headways in highway traffic
by Cassidy, Michael J. & Windover, John R.
- 139-148 Delay to major-street through vehicles due to right-turn activity
by Bonneson, James A.
- 149-157 A short-cut method for strategy optimisation using strategic transport models
by Fowkes, A. S. & Bristow, A. L. & Bonsall, P. W. & May, A. D.
1998, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-17 Accurate estimation of travel times from single-loop detectors
by Petty, Karl F. & Bickel, Peter & Ostland, Michael & Rice, John & Schoenberg, Frederic & Jiang, Jiming & Ritov, Ya'acov
- 19-38 Service optimization for bus corridors with short-turn strategies and variable vehicle size
by Delle Site, Paolo & Filippi, Francesco
- 39-44 The rolling horizon scheme of traffic signal control
by Newell, G. F.
- 45-54 Principle of marginal-cost pricing: how does it work in a general road network?
by Yang, Hai & Huang, Hai-Jun
1997, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 419-429 Transportation-communications relationships in industry
by Plaut, Pnina O.
- 431-446 A practical approach to identifying the market potential for high speed rail: A case study in the Sydney-Canberra corridor
by Hensher, David A.
- 447-458 A co-integration approach to forecasting freight rates in the dry bulk shipping sector
by Veenstra, Albert Willem & Franses, Philip Hans
- 459-473 Scale economies in United States rail transit systems
by Savage, Ian
- 475-491 Effect of capacity concentration on highway corridor performance
by Hall, Randolph W.
1997, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 353-364 Privatization as choice probability, policy process and program outcome: The case of transportation management associations
by Ferguson, Erik
- 365-377 Systematic self-selection and sample weight creation in panel surveys: The Puget Sound Transportation Panel case
by Ma, Jun & Goulias, Konstadinos G.
- 379-388 Braess paradox: Maximum penalty in a minimal critical network
by Penchina, Claude M.
- 389-402 Spatial transferability of an ordered response model of trip generation
by Agyemang-Duah, Kwaku & Hall, Fred L.
- 403-417 Dynamic expansion and location of an airport: A multiple objective approach
by Min, Hokey & Melachrinoudis, Emanuel & Wu, Xing
1997, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 263-280 Revisiting transportation planning and decision making theory: The case of Denver International Airport
by Goetz, Andrew R. & Szyliowicz, Joseph S.
- 281-293 Modeling the costs of bridge rehabilitation
by Chengalur-Smith, Indushobha N. & Ballou, Donald P. & Pazer, Harold L.
- 295-308 Incentives for local governments to implement travel demand management measures
by Rodier, Caroline J. & Johnston, Robert A.
- 309-333 Twenty years of the Bay Area Rapid Transit system: Land use and development impacts
by Cervero, Robert & Landis, John
- 335-348 Planning Australian freight rail operations: An overview
by Ferreira, L.
- 349-350 Gravity models of Spatial Interaction Behavior. (Advances in Spatial and Network Economics) : Ashish Sen and Tony E. Smith. Springer-Verlag, Tiergartenstrasse 17, D-69121, Heidelberg, Germany, 1995. 572 pp. + xv. ISBN 3-540-60026-4
by Campbell, James F.
- 350-351 Transportation systems: Theory and application of advanced technology. A postprint volume from the IFAC Symposium, Tianjin, People's Republic of China, 24-26 August, 1994 : B. Liu and J.M. Blossville, editors. 2 vols. Elsevier Science Ltd., The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1GB, United Kingdom, 1995. 1,035 pp. + xvi. (Available in North America from Elsevier Science Inc., 660 White Plains Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591-5153, U.S.A.) ISBN 0-08-042226-8
by Janson, Bruce N.
1997, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 181-203 The impact of adverse weather conditions on the propensity to change travel decisions: A survey of Brussels commuters
by Khattak, Asad J. & De Palma, André
- 205-218 Road supply and traffic in California urban areas
by Hansen, Mark & Huang, Yuanlin
- 219-233 Commercial fleet demand for alternative-fuel vehicles in California
by Golob, Thomas F. & Torous, Jane & Bradley, Mark & Brownstone, David & Crane, Soheila Soltani & Bunch, David S.
- 235-243 Electric vehicle purchasing intentions: The concern over battery charge duration
by Chéron, Emmanuel & Zins, Michel
- 245-258 The demand for cars in developing countries
by Vasconcellos, Eduardo A.
- 259-262 A note on the travel speeds debate
by Gordon, Peter & Richardson, Harry W. & Liao, Yu-Chun
1997, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 91-107 A model for medium-term operations planning in an intermodal rail-truck service
by Nozick, Linda K. & Morlok, Edward K.
- 109-127 Market area of rail-truck terminals: Pertinence of the spatial theory
by Niérat, Patrick
- 129-140 Automobile ownership and government policy: The economics of Singapore's vehicle quota scheme
by Chin, Anthony & Smith, Peter
- 141-155 A simple detection scheme for delay-inducing freeway incidents
by Lin, Wei-Hua & Daganzo, Carlos F.
- 157-173 Designing signal-controlled junctions for group-based operation
by Silcock, J. P.
- 175-175 Autos, smog and pollution control: The politics of air quality management in California : Wyn Grant. Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd., Gower House, Croft Road, Aldershot, Hants GU11 3HR, Great Britain, 1995. 198 pp. + ix. ISBN 1-85278-927-1. $71.95
by Button, Kenneth
- 176-177 Transport concepts in European cities : Tim Pharoah and Dieter Apel. (Avebury Studies in Green Research). Avebury Publishing Ltd., Gower House, Croft Road, Aldershot, Hants GU11 3HR England, 1995. (Distributed in North America by Ashgate Publishing Co., Old Post Road, Brookfield, VT 05036, U.S.A.) 291 pp. + xv. ISBN 1-85972-094-3. $72.95
by Donovan, Craig Poulenez
- 178-179 Urban mass transportation planning : Alan Black. (McGraw-Hill Series in Transportation). McGraw-Hill, Inc. 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020, U.S.A., 1995. 411 pp. + xvi. ISBN 0-07-005557-2. $82.84
by Fielding, Gordon J.
- 175-176 Transportation planning on trial: The clean air act and travel forecasting : Mark Garrett and Martin Wachs. Sage Publications, 2455 Teller Road, Newbury Park, CA, U.S.A., 1996. 232 pp. + vii. ISBN 0-8039-7352-7 (cloth), $42.00; ISBN 0-8039-7353-5 (paper), $19.95
by Button, Kenneth
1997, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-19 The energy consumption implications of changing worktravel in London, Birmingham and Manchester: 1981 and 1991
by Frost, Martin & Linneker, Brian & Spence, Nigel
- 21-33 An exponential relationship for the proportion of free vehicles on arterial roads
by Sullivan, Daniel P. & Troutbeck, Rod J.
- 35-50 Modeling the desire to telecommute: The importance of attitudinal factors in behavioral models
by Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Salomon, Ilan
1996, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 399-413 "Local background" levels of carbon monoxide in an urban area
by Larson, Timothy & Moseholm, Lars & Slater, David & Cain, Cyra
- 415-429 Creating synthetic baseline populations
by Beckman, Richard J. & Baggerly, Keith A. & McKay, Michael D.
- 431-452 Technical efficiency measurement and explanation of French urban transit companies
by Kerstens, K.
- 453-467 Passing sight distance on two-lane highways: Review and revision
by Hassan, Yasser & Easa, Said M. & El Halim, A. O. Abd
- 469-471 Impact assessment and evaluation in transportation planning : Peter Nijkamp and Eddy Blaas. (Transportation Research, Economics and Policy, Vol. 2). Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, P.O. Box 989, 3300 AZ Dordrecht. The Netherlands 1994. 251 pp. + xii. ISBN 0-7923-2648-2. $94.50
by Thompson, Gregory L.
- 471-474 The Geography of Urban Transportation : 2nd edition. Susan Hanson, editor. The Guilford Press, 72 Spring Street, New York, N.Y. 10012, U.S.A., 1995. 478 pp + x. ISBN 1-57230-017-5. $49.95
by Deakin, Ann K.
- 474-475 Urban Traffic Networks: Dynamic flow modeling and control : Nathan H. Gartner and Gennaro Improta, editors. Springer-Verlag, GmbH & Co. KG, Tiergartenstrasse 17, D-69121, Heidelberg, Germany. 375 pp. + x. ISBN 3-540-59073-0.$
by Janson, Bruce N.
- 475-476 Road pricing: Theory, empirical assessment and policy : Borje Jonansson and Lars-Goran Mattsson, editors. (Transportation Research, Economics and Policy, Vol. 3). Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, P.O. Box 989, 3300 AZ Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1994. 248 pp. ISBN 0-7923-3134-6. $69.95
by Mohring, Herbert
1996, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 319-332 Optimal road tolls under conditions of queueing and congestion
by Yan, Hai & Lam, William H. K.
- 333-348 A review of the yellow interval dilemma
by Liu, Chiu & Herman, Robert & Gazis, Denos C.
- 349-359 The organisation of urban public transport systems in Western European metropolitan areas
by Costa, Álvaro
- 361-377 Mixed land-uses and commuting: Evidence from the American Housing Survey
by Cervero, Robert
- 379-398 A decision support framework for multi-fleet routing and multi-stop flight scheduling
by Yan, Shangyao & Young, Hwei-Fwa
1996, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 251-268 Modelling and evaluation of adaptive bus-preemption control with and without Automatic Vehicle Location systems
by Chang, Gang-len & Vasudevan, Meenakshy & Su, Chih-chiang
- 269-286 The impacts of women's careers on their commuting behavior: A case study of Israeli computer professionals
by Pazy, Asya & Salomon, Ilan & Pintzov, Tovi
- 287-305 Estimation of a trip table and the [Theta] parameter in a stochastic network
by Shihsien, Liu & Fricker, Jon D.
- 307-317 Efficiency considerations in airline pricing and yield management
by Botimer, Theodore C.
1996, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 173-187 Pickup and delivery systems for overnight carriers
by Hall, Randolph W.
- 189-206 Timing utility of daily activities and its impact on travel
by Wang, James Jixian
- 207-230 Optimising traffic signal settings for periods of time-varying demand
by Han, Bin
- 231-250 Formulation and solution of a multi-commodity, multi-modal network flow model for disaster relief operations
by Haghani, Ali & Oh, Sei-Chang
1996, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 89-101 Comparing the speed-flow relationship for motorways with new data from the M6
by Smith, W. Spencer & Hall, Fred L. & Montgomery, Frank O.
- 103-118 How households use different types of vehicles: A structural driver allocation and usage model
by Golob, Thomas F. & Kim, Seyoung & Ren, Weiping
- 119-133 Traffic characteristics on two-lane highway downgrades
by Archilla, Ricardo & Morrall, John
- 135-153 Variable message signs and radio traffic information: An integrated empirical analysis of drivers' route choice behaviour
by Emmerink, Richard H. M. & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet & Van Ommeren, Jos N.
- 155-171 A new comprehensive sheared delay formula for traffic signal optimisation
by Han, Bin
1996, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-10 Intelligent transportation systems: An economic and environmental policy assessment
by Kanninen, Barbara J.
- 11-19 Using compressed workweeks to reduce work commuting
by Hung, Rudy
- 21-34 Automated guided vehicle traffic control at a container terminal
by Evers, Joseph J. M. & Koppers, Stijn A. J.
- 35-50 The effects of new high-occupancy vehicle lanes on travel and emissions
by Johnston, Robert A. & Ceerla, Raju
1995, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 387-400 Privatisation and the quality of rail services
by Else, P. K. & James, T. J.
- 401-419 Decisionmaking in the motor carrier industry
by Scott Cardell, N. & Huang, Shaomin & Brown, Stewart
- 421-427 The use of spatial separation in the measurement of transportation accessibility
by Pooler, James A.
- 429-443 Average duration and performance of actuated signal phases
by Bonneson, James A. & Mccoy, Patrick T.
- 445-458 Using small trucks to circumvent large truck restrictions: Impacts on truck emissions and performance measures
by Campbell, James F.
- 459-465 The demand curve under road pricing and the problem of political feasibility: A comment
by Verhoef, Erik
- 467-483 European and American approaches to air transport liberalisation: Some implications for small communities
by Reynolds-Feighan, Aisling J.
1995, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 337-344 Transport and Third World development: Review, issues, and prescription
by Leinbach, Thomas R.
- 345-358 Bus service optimization and car pricing policies to save fuel in urban areas
by Site, Paolo Delle & Filippi, Francesco
- 359-370 Operations management for urban snow removal and disposal
by Campbell, James F. & Langevin, André
- 371-385 Strategies for reducing emissions of air pollutants from the Swedish transportation sector
by Johansson, Bengt
1995, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 253-261 Traffic and transport planning in German cities
by Köhler, Uwe
- 263-272 Transit centre location-allocation decisions
by Uyeno, Dean H. & Willoughby, Keith A.
- 273-281 Area-wide traffic speed-flow model for the Singapore CBD
by Olszewski, Piotr & Fan, Henry S. L. & Tan, Yan-Weng
- 283-302 Methodological issues in the estimation of the travel, energy, and air quality impacts of telecommuting
by Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Handy, Susan L. & Salomon, Ilan
- 303-319 Ramp metering impact on urban corridor traffic: Field results
by Haj-Salem, Habib & Papageorgiou, Marcos
- 321-323 Author's response to book review: Fast wheels, slow traffic: Urban Transport Choices
by Wright, Charles L.
- 325-328 Going private: The international experience with transport privatization : José A. Gómez-Ibáñez and John R. Meyer. The Brookings Institution, 1775 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC, 20036, U.S.A., 1993. 310 pp. + xiv. ISBN 0-8157-3178-7. $39.95 (cloth), $16.95 (paper)
by Cervero, Robert
- 328-330 The passenger train in the motor age: California's rail and bus industries, 1910-1941 : Gergory Lee Thompson. Ohio State University Press, 1070 Carmack road, Columbus, OH 43210-1002, U.S.A., 1994. 247 pp. + xvii. ISBN 0-8142-0609-3. $42.50
by Smerk, George M.
- 330-332 A Billion trips per day: Tradition and transition in European travel patterns : Ilan Salomon, Piet Bovy and Jean-Pierre Orfeuil (eds). (Transportation research, economics and policy, Vol. 1). Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, P.O. Box 989, 3300 AZ Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1993. 460pp. + xxiv. ISBN 0-7923-2297-5. $US116.00, Dfl. 190.00
by Hensher, David A.
1995, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 173-186 A linear-programming-based price negotiation procedure for contracting shipping companies
by Wan, Ke & Levary, Reuven R.
- 187-203 Highway cost allocation: An application of the theory of nonatomic games
by Castano-Pardo, Alberto & Garcia-Diaz, Alberto
- 205-228 Projected fuel savings and emissions reductions from light-vehicle fuel economy standards
by DeCicco, John M.
- 229-244 Sampling strategies for two-fluid model parameter estimation in urban networks
by Williams, James C. & Mahmassani, Hani S. & Herman, Robert
- 245-252 Determinants of port performance and efficiency
by Tongzon, Jose L.
1995, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 87-105 Accessibility of neotraditional neighborhoods: A review of design concepts, policies, and recent literature
by Ryan, S. & McNally, M. G.
- 107-123 A multi-objective optimization approach to urban school bus routing: Formulation and solution method
by Bowerman, Robert & Hall, Brent & Calamai, Paul
- 125-139 Traffic assignment and signal control in saturated road networks
by Yang, Hai & Yagar, Sam
- 141-156 The economics of regulatory parking policies: The (IM)possibilities of parking policies in traffic regulation
by Verhoef, Erik & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
- 157-171 Fleet assignment strategies in urban transportation using express and partial services
by Vijayaraghavan, T. A. S. & Anantharamaiah, K. M.
1995, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-7 Public transit research and development in Germany
by Kirchhoff, Peter
- 9-20 Transportation in Germany: A historical overview
by Baron, Paul
- 21-32 Energy consumption in transport in Great Britain: Macro level estimates
by Banister, David & Banister, Chris
- 33-45 The target market for methanol fuel
by Sperling, Daniel & Setiawan, Winardi & Hungerford, David
1994, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 451-452 Transportation policy and practice in Germany: An introduction
by Wilhelm, Leutzbach
- 453-458 German transport policy after reunification
by Wissmann, Matthias
- 459-467 Transport demand development in Germany after the unification
by Rothengatter, Werner
- 469-481 Traffic engineering and the new German highway capacity manual
by Brilon, Werner
- 483-493 The German part in European research programmes PROMETHEUS and DRIVE/ATT
by Keller, Hartmut
- 495-500 The status of German railway operations management in research and practice
by Schwanhäu[beta]er, Wulf
- 501-509 Growing demand and capacity of airports
by Hüttig, Gerhard & Busch, Wolfgang & Gronak, Norbert
- 511-515 Inland waterway transport in the federal Republic of Germany: Situation and problems
by Seidenfus, Hellmuth St.
1994, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 373-390 System dynamics applicability to transportation modeling
by Abbas, Khaled A. & Bell, Michael G. H.
- 401-414 The financial mobility of motor carriers: Pre- and post-deregulation
by Scheraga, Carl A. & Haslem, John A. & Corsi, Thomas M.
- 415-431 Consequences of strategic alliances between international airlines: The case of Swissair and SAS
by Youssef, Waleed & Hansen, Mark
- 433-444 Estimating motorist delay at two-lane highway work zones
by Cassidy, Michael J. & Son, YoungTae & Rosowsky, David V.
- 445-447 Transport, the environment and sustainable development: David Banister and Kenneth Button, editors. E & F Spon, 2-6 Boundary Row, London SE1 8HN, Great Britain, 1993. 275 pp. + xiv. ISBN 0-1419-17870-8; Â£38.50
by Guensler, Randall
- 447-448 Charging for road use worldwide: An appraisal of road pricing, tolls and parking: Peter Harrop. Financial Times Business Information, 50-64 Broadway, London SW1H 0DB, Great Britain, 1993. 182 pp. + viii. ISBN 1-854334-195; Â£272/US$451
by Small, Kenneth A.
1994, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 259-259 Editorial
by Button, Kenneth J. & Nijkamp, Peter
- 261-271 Roads toward environmentally sustainable transport
by Nijkamp, Peter
- 273-287 External effects and social costs of road transport
by Verhoef, Erik
- 289-305 Alternative approaches toward containing transport externalities: An international comparison
by Button, Kenneth J.
- 307-319 New technologies and their potential to reduce the environmental impact of transportation
by Gwilliam, Kenneth M. & Geerlings, Harry
- 321-328 Do external benefits compensate for external costs of transport?
by Rothengatter, Werner
- 329-341 Spatial economic impacts of transport infrastructure supply
by Rietveld, Piet
- 343-350 Environmental implications of missing transport networks in Europe
by Maggi, Rico
- 351-362 Urban and regional economic impacts of transportation investment: A critical assessment and proposed methodology
by Berechman, Joseph
- 363-365 Public transit economics and deregulation policy : Joseph Berechman. (Studies in Regional Science and Urban Economics, Vol. 23). Elsevier Science Publishers, P.O. Box 945, Madison Square Station, New York, NY 10160-0757, USA 1993. 341 pp. + xvii. ISBN 0-444-89275-3. $125.00
by Pucher, John
- 365-368 Dimensions of automobile demand: A longitudinal study of household automobile ownership and use : David A. Hensher, Nariida C. Smith, Frank W. Milthorpe, and Peter O. Barnard, editors. (Studies in Regional Science and Urban Economics, Vol. 22). Elsevier Science Publishers, P.O. Box 882, Madison Square Station, New York, NY 10159, USA, 1992. 281 pp. + xiv. ISBN 0-444- 88985-X. $72.50
by Train, Kenneth
- 368-370 Route choice and signal control: The potential for integrated route guidance : Tom Van Vuren and Dirck Van Vliet. (Institute for Transport Studies Series, No. 5). Avebury, Ashgate Publishing Ltd., Gower House, Croft Road, Aldershot, Hampshire GU 11 3HR, England. 1992. 222 pp + xii. ISBN 1-85628-289-9. (Also available from Gower Publishing Co., Old Post Road, Brookfield, VT 05036, USA). $59.95
by Akçelik, Rahmi
- 370-371 Generic intelligent driver support: A comprehensive report on GIDS : John A. Michon, ed. Taylor & Francis Inc., 1900 Frost Road, Suite 101, Bristol, PA 19007, U.S.A., 1993. 252 pp. + xvii. ISBN 0-7484-0069-9. $75.00
by Ng, Linda & Barfield, Woodrow
1994, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 167-185 Dynamic solution to the ground-holding problem in air traffic control
by Richetta, Octavio & Odoni, Amedeo R.
- 187-195 An analysis of air travelers' departure airport and destination choice behavior
by Furuichi, Masahiko & Koppelman, Frank S.
- 197-208 Queueing at a bottleneck with single- and multi-step tolls
by Laih, Chen-Hsiu
- 209-221 The potential of rail as an environmental solution: Setting the agenda
by Feitelson, Eran
- 223-244 Motor-vehicle fuel economy: The forgotten hydrocarbon control strategy?
by Delucchi, Mark A. & Greene, David L. & Wang, Michael Quanlu
- 245-258 Absence, overtime, and reliability relationships in transit workforce planning
by Shiftan, Yoram & Wilson, Nigel H. M.
1994, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 83-91 The demand curve under road pricing and the problem of political feasibility
by Lave, Charles
- 93-107 A method for the rationalisation of a suburban railway network
by Smith, P. N. & Taylor, C. J.
- 109-118 Can one estimate the value of life or is it better to be dead than stuck in traffic?
by Hauer, E.
- 119-132 Optimal routing of hazardous materials considering risk of spill
by Patel, Minnie H. & Horowitz, Alan J.
- 133-149 Effect of intersection delay modeling on the performance of traffic equilibrium models
by Koutsopoulos, Haris N. & Habbal, Mayiz
- 151-166 Trend curve optimal control model for highway pavement maintenance: Case study and evaluation
by Tsunokawa, Koji & Schofer, Joseph L.
1994, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-15 Reliability-based design of sight distance at railroad grade crossings
by Easa, Said M.
- 17-29 Design considerations for highway sight-hidden dips
by Easa, Said M.
- 31-47 The vehicle quota system in Singapore: An assessment
by Koh, Winston T. H. & Lee, David K. C.
1993, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 421-422 Introduction
by Jones, Peter
- 423-432 Urban passenger travel demand estimation: A household activity approach
by Munshi, Kaivan
- 433-446 A conceptual framework of individual activity program generation
by Bhat, Chandra R. & Koppelman, Frank S.
- 447-459 An endogenous switching simultaneous equation system of employment, income, and car ownership
by Bhat, Chandra R. & Koppelman, Frank S.
- 461-476 A panel data switching regression model of mobility and car ownership
by Meurs, Henk
- 477-492 Development of weights for a choice-based panel survey sample with attrition
by Pendyala, Ram M. & Goulias, Konstadinos G. & Kitamura, Ryuichi & Murakami, Elaine
- iii-iii Editor's note: Information for readers
by Haight, Frank
1993, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 343-358 Are there economies of traffic density in the Less-Than-Truckload motor carrier industry? An operations planning analysis
by Keaton, Mark H.
- 359-372 Technologies for improving transportation energy efficiency in the developing world
by Komor, Paul & Baldwin, Samuel F. & Dunkerley, Joy
- 373-382 Sequential models to determine intercity Commodity Transportation Demand
by Ashtakala, B. & Murthy, A. S. N.
- 383-393 Market research evaluation of actions to reduce suburban traffic congestion: Commuter travel behavior and response to demand reduction actions
by Koppelman, Frank S. & Bhat, Chandra R. & Schofer, Joseph L.
- 395-405 A multidimensional methodology for evaluating public transportation services
by Takyi, Isaac K.
- 407-409 The car and the city: The automobile, the built environment, and daily urban life : Martin Wachs and Margaret Crawford, editors. The University of Michigan Press, 839 Greene Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48106-1104, U.S.A., 1992. 325 pp. + xx. ISBN 0-472-09459-9. $37.50
by Thompson, Gregory L.
- 409-410 Urban transportation economics : Kenneth A. Small. (Fundamentals of Pure and Applied Economics, Vol. 51). Harwood Academic Publishers, P.O. Box 786, Cooper Station, New York, NY 10276, U.S.A., 1992. 185 pp. + xv. ISBN 3-7186-5169-6. $20.00
by Button, Kenneth J.
- 410-412 Selected readings in transport survey methodology. Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on survey methods in transportation, Washington, D.C., January 5-7, 1990 : Elizabeth S. Ampt, Anthony J. Richardson, and Arnim H. Meyburg, editors. Eucalyptus Press, P.O. Box 4460, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia, 1992. 371 pp. + ix. ISBN 0-646-09952-3. $37.50
by Tischer, Mary Lynn
- 412-413 Analysing demand for rail travel : Tony Fowkes and Chris Nash, editors. Avebury, Gower House, Croft Road, Aldershot, Hants GU11 3HR, England, 1991. 191 pp. + x. ISBN 1-85628-136-1. (Also available from Gower Publishing Company, Old Post Road, Brookfield, VT 05036 U.S.A.). $59.95
by Bradley, Mark
- 413-415 Public transportation : 2nd ed. George E. Gray and Lester A. Hoel, editors. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, U.S.A., 1992. 750 pp + xvii ISBN 0-13-726381-3. $48.00
by Barnum, Darold T.
- 415-416 Urban goods movement: A guide to policy and planning : Kenneth W. Ogden. Ashgate Publishing Company, Old Post Road, Brookfield, VT 05036, U.S.A., 1992. 397 pp. + xx. ISBN 1-85742-029-2. $74.95
by Hoel, Lester A.
1993, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 277-290 Domestic telephone habits and daily mobility
by Claisse, Gérard & Rowe, Frantz
- 291-297 Evaluating employer-based transportation demand management programs
by Modarres, Ali
- 299-313 Impacts of a consent decree on "the last urban freeway": Interstate 105 in Los Angeles county
by Hestermann, Dean W. & Dimento, Joseph F. & Hengel, Dru Van & Nordenstam, Brenda
- 315-327 A disaggregate discrete choice model of transportation demand by elderly and disabled people in rural Virginia
by Stern, Steven
- 329-336 Singapore's motor vehicle policy: Review of recent changes and a suggested alternative
by Phang, Sock-Yong
- 337-338 Fast wheels, slow traffic: Urban transport choices : Charles L. Wright. (Conflicts in Urban and Regional Development Series). Temple University Press, Broad & Oxford Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19122, U.S.A., 1992. 288 pp. + xvi. ISBN 0- 87722-911-2. $34.95
by Wachs, Martin
- 338-339 Route choice: Wayfinding in transport networks : Piet H.L. Bovy and Eliahu Stern. (Studies in Operational Regional Science, No. 9). Kluwer Academic Publishers, P.O. Box 358, Accord Station, Hingham, MA 02018-0358, U.S.A., 1990. 309 pp. + xiv. ISBN 0-7923-0812-3. $97.50
by Adler, Jeffrey L.
1993, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 163-166 Transportation and energy: The global environmental challege
by Greene, David L.
- 167-186 Automotive emissions in developing countries-relative implications for global warming, acidification and urban air quality
by Faiz, Asif
- 187-191 Greenhouse-gas emissions from the use of new fuels for transportation and electricity
by DeLuchi, Mark A.
- 193-206 Linked simulation of land use and transportation systems: Developments and experience in the Puget sound region
by Watterson, W. T.
- 207-216 Potential contributions of intelligent vehicle/ highway systems (IVHS) to reducing transportation's greenhouse gas production
by Shladover, Steven E.
- 217-235 Costs and benefits of automative fuel economy improvement: A partial analysis
by Greene, David L. & Duleep, K. G.
- 237-253 Demand for clean-fuel vehicles in California: A discrete-choice stated preference pilot project
by Bunch, David S. & Bradley, Mark & Golob, Thomas F. & Kitamura, Ryuichi & Occhiuzzo, Gareth P.
- 255-275 Solar-hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles
by DeLuchi, Mark A. & Ogden, Joan M.