Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
1985, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 211-220 Sanctified madness: The God-intoxicated saints of Bengal
by Morinis, Alan
- 221-228 Deconstructing culture-bound syndromes
by Karp, Ivan
1985, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-3 Health and social science in Latin America
by Ugalde, Antonio
- 5-12 Health and traditional medicine cultures in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Pedersen, Duncan & Baruffati, Veronica
- 13-21 Health care in Costa Rica: Boom and crisis
by Mesa-Lago, Carmelo
- 23-30 Assessment of Venezuelan health services from a social development perspective
by Gómez, Henry & Kastner, George & De Pieretti, Cristina V.
- 31-39 Studies of diarrhoea in Quindio (Columbia): Problems related to water treatment
by Bersh, David & Osorio, Margarita M.
- 41-53 Ideological dimensions of community participation in Latin American health programs
by Ugalde, Antonio
- 55-65 Fifteen years of community organization for health in Panama: An assessment of current progress and problems
by La Forgia, Gerard M.
- 67-75 Difficulties involved in taking health services to the people: The example of a public health care center in a Caracas barrio
by Rakowski, Cathy A. & Kastner, George
- 77-86 Coverage and patterns of ambulatory medical care use in Tlalpan, Mexico City
by Selwyn, B. J. & de Chavez, M. Ruiz
- 87-92 Family medicine: A medical care alternative for Latin America
by Arechiga, Amador Flores & Heras, Hector Riquelme & Cantu, Idalia Quintanilla
- 93-102 Mexican immigrants and the utilization of U.S. health services: The case of San Diego
by Chavez, Leo R. & Cornelius, Wayne A. & Williams Jones, Oliver
1985, Volume 20, Issue 12
- 1207-1224 Measuring the health of populations, indicators and interpretations
by Hansluwka, Harald E.
- 1225-1233 Problems of substance abuse: Exploitation and control
by Ray, Larry
- 1235-1240 The analysis and assessment of health programs
by Prescott, Nicholas & de Ferranti, David
- 1241-1252 Disability dilemmas and rehabilitation tensions: A twentieth century inheritance
by Greenwood, Judith G.
- 1253-1258 Discrimination against women in the South African medical profession
by Unterhalter, Beryl
- 1259-1268 A need for community education in development: The Mit Abu El Kom case
by Weidner, B. Louise & Nosseir, Nazek K. & Hughes, Charles C.
- 1269-1278 The social definition of women's smoking behaviour
by Elkind, Andrea Knopf
- 1279-1280 Smoking and intelligence in Australia
by Ray, J. J.
- 1281-1287 Malaria in Liberian children and mothers: Biocultural perceptions of illness vs clinical evidence of disease
by Collier Jackson, Linda
- 1289-1294 Relativism in the diagnosis of hypoglycemia
by Hunt, Linda M.
- 1295-1305 Nutrition, lactation and fertility in two Mexican rural communities
by Fink, Ann Elizabeth
- 1307-1312 Patient mobility for elective surgical interventions
by Tessier, G. & Contandriopoulos, A. P. & Dionne, G.
- 1313-1318 Community care for the elderly: Costs and dependency
by Snell, Martin C.
- 1319-1330 Health care expenditure containment in the United States: Strategies at the state and local level
by Hillman, Diane G. & Christianson, Jon B.
- 1331-1341 Informed consent in psychiatric research: Preliminary findings from an ongoing investigation
by Benson, Paul R. & Roth, Loren H. & Winslade, William J.
1985, Volume 20, Issue 11
- 1083-1083 Introduction
by Smith, Harmon
- 1085-1090 Selecting neonatal ethics
by Frader, Joel E.
- 1091-1095 Selective nontreatment of handicapped newborns: A critical essay
by Kohrman, Arthur F.
- 1097-1102 Which infants should live? On the usefulness and limitations of Robert Weir's selective nontreatment of handicapped newborns
by Churchill, L. R.
- 1103-1107 Why solutions continue to elude us
by Murray, Thomas H.
- 1109-1117 Selective nontreatment--One year later: Reflections and a response
by Weir, Robert F.
- 1119-1127 Physician gender and the physician-patient relationship: Recent evidence and relevant questions
by Weisman, Carol S. & Teitelbaum, Martha Ann
- 1129-1141 Health risks among enlisted males in the U.S. Navy: Race and ethnicity as correlates of disease incidence
by Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Colcord, Christine L.
- 1143-1150 Sources of influence on infant feeding practices in Hong Kong
by Hung, Beatrice K. M. & Ling, Lydia & Ong, S. G.
- 1151-1159 The frontier of modern Western medicine in Nepal
by Streefland, Pieter
- 1161-1168 Self-touching as an indicator of underlying affect and language processes
by Harrigan, Jinni A.
- 1169-1175 Professional identification: A study of female students at a medical college in India
by Bhargava, Gura
- 1177-1184 The theory of the hospital: A review of the models
by McGuire, A.
- 1185-1190 A qualitative assessment of the medicare prospective payment system
by Broyles, Robert W. & Rosko, Michael D.
- 1191-1197 Effects of promotion on pharmaceutical demand
by Mackowiak, John I. & Gagnon, Jean Paul
- 1199-1205 Sex differences in the psychological reactions of medical and surgical patients to crisis intervention counseling: Sauce for the goose may not be sauce for the gander
by Viney, Linda L. & Benjamin, Yvonne N. & Clarke, Alex M. & Bunn, Terence A.
1985, Volume 20, Issue 10
- 969-979 Computers and clinical judgement: The role of physician networks
by Anderson, James G. & Jay, Stephen J.
- 981-991 Choice or change: Further evidence on ideas of illness and responsibility for health
by Pill, Roisin & Nigel C.H., Stott
- 993-999 Uncertainty and its relation to the psychological and social correlates of chronic illness in children
by Jessop, Dorothy Jones & Stein, Ruth E. K.
- 1001-1011 Social and cultural factors in the etiology of low birthweight among disadvantaged blacks
by Boone, Margaret S.
- 1013-1021 A health economist on medical sociology: Reflections by an unreconstructed reductionist
by Culyer, A. J.
- 1023-1027 The nature, meaning and measurement of health and illness: An economic viewpoint
by Williams, Alan
- 1029-1035 The economic analysis of inequalities in health
by Muurinen, Jaana-Marja & Le Grand, Julian
- 1037-1040 The economic evaluation of clinical practice
by Akehurst, Ron
- 1041-1048 The political economy of the NHS: Individualist justifications of collective action
by Dowie, Jack
- 1049-1061 Economic analysis of health service professions: A survey
by Gravelle, H. S. E.
- 1063-1064 Joint meeting of the health economists' study group and the medical sociology group in York, July, 1983
by Bergmann, Maria
- 1065-1068 Menstrual symptoms, attitudes and consulting behaviour
by Scambler, Annette & Scambler, Graham
- 1069-1072 A preliminary report on anti-depressant therapy and its effects on hope and immunity
by Udelman, Donna Lou & Udelman, Harold D.
- 1073-1080 Local politicization of primary health care as an instrument for development: A case study of community health workers in Zambia
by Twumasi, Patrick A. & Freund, Paul J.
- 1081-1081 Letter to the editor
by Dunning, James Morse
1985, Volume 20, Issue 9
- 855-876 Triggers of symptoms and health care
by Verbrugge, Lois M.
- 877-885 The psycho-social consequences of intermittent husband absence: An epidemiological study
by Taylor, Rex & Morrice, Ken & Clark, David & McCann, Kathryn
- 887-899 Sex differences in minor psychiatric morbidity: A survey of homogenous population
by Jenkins, Rachel
- 901-909 Social functions of medical licensing: A case study of Soviet immigrant physicians in Israel
by Shuval, Judith T.
- 911-921 The role of the receptionist in general practice: A 'dragon behind the desk'?
by Arber, Sara & Sawyer, Lucianne
- 923-931 Communication in primary care: The role of patient and practitioner explanatory models
by Helman, Cecil G.
- 933-938 Railways, disease and health in South Africa
by Hogbin, Vanessa
- 939-943 The lengthening hour: Time and the demise of psychoanalysis as therapy
by Starkey, Kenneth P.
- 945-953 Stressful episodes reported by first-year student nurses: A descriptive account
by Parkes, Katharine R.
- 955-962 Attendance for cervical screening--Whose problem?
by Eardley, Anne & Elkind, Andrea Knopf & Spencer, Brenda & Hobbs, Patricia & Pendleton, Laura L. & Haran, Dave
1985, Volume 20, Issue 8
- 771-771 Introduction
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
- 773-777 Towards a psychobiological model of cancer: Psychological considerations
by Greer, Steven & Watson, Maggie
- 779-787 Towards a psychobiological model of cancer: Biological considerations
by Pettingale, K. W.
- 789-794 Cancer from a biobehavioural and social epidemiological perspective
by Baltrusch, H. J. F. & Waltz, Millard
- 795-802 Development of a method for rating cognitive responses to a diagnosis of cancer
by Morris, Tina & Blake, Susan & Buckley, Miranda
- 803-807 Factors important to psychosocial adjustment to cancer: A review of the evidence
by Goldberg, Richard J. & Cullen, Leah Oseas
- 809-817 The quality of life of cancer patients: A review of the literature
by de Haes, Johanna C. J. M. & van Knippenberg, Ferdinand C. E.
- 819-823 Improving the detection of psychiatric problems in cancer patients
by Maguire, Peter
- 825-831 Why me? Attributions and adjustment by cancer patients and their mates at two stages in the disease process
by Gotay, Carolyn Cook
- 833-840 Biopsychosocial studies on cutaneous malignant melanoma: Psychosocial factors associated with prognostic indicators, progression, psychophysiology and tumor-host response
by Temoshok, Lydia
- 841-847 Cancer patients' personality characteristics, physician-patient communication and adoption of the Moerman diet
by Pruyn, J. F. A. & Rijckman, R. M. & van Brunschot, C. J. M. & van den Borne, H. W.
- 849-850 Insomnia in cancer patients
by Silberfarb, Peter M. & Hauri, Peter J. & Oxman, Thomas E. & Lash, Stephanie
- 851-853 Aspects of the European dying process
by Palouzie, Anne-Marie
1985, Volume 20, Issue 7
- 659-666 Space and time in British general practice
by Armstrong, David
- 667-680 Psychosocial predictors of sudden death: A review and critique
by Binik, Yitzchak M.
- 681-689 Generation et evaluation des hypotheses etiologiques en epidemiologie
by Philippe, P.
- 691-694 Alexithymia and affective verbal behaviour of three groups of patients
by Ahrens, Stephan
- 695-703 Investigation of a model for the initiation of breastfeeding in primigravida women
by Dusdieker, Lois B. & Booth, Brenda M. & Seals, Brenda F. & Ekwo, Edem E.
- 705-712 Extended training of ambulance staff in England
by Wright, K. G.
- 713-717 Infant formula samples and breast feeding among Philippine urban poor
by Guthrie, George M. & Guthrie, Helen A. & Fernandez, Tomas L. & Estrera, Nenita O.
- 719-724 The dominant firm in health insurance
by Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Greenberg, Warren
- 725-730 Anorexia nervosa as a culture-bound syndrome
by Swartz, Leslie
- 731-736 Behavioural and endocrine reactions in boys scoring high on Sennton neurotic scale viewing an exciting and partly violent movie and the importance of social support
by Arnetz, Bengt B. & Edgren, Bengt & Levi, Lennart & Otto, Ulf
- 737-744 Evaluation of an interview training course for general practitioners
by Bensing, J. M. & Sluijs, E. M.
- 745-752 The contribution of ethics and psychology to medicine
by Bergsma, Jurrit & Thomasma, David C.
- 753-759 Terminal cancer care services: Recent changes in regional inequalities in Great Britain
by Lunt, Barry
- 761-762 Letter to the editor
by Reidy, Angela
1985, Volume 20, Issue 6
- 553-560 Family adaptation and psychosocial adjustment to cystic fibrosis in the preschool child
by Cowen, Leslie & Corey, Mary & Keenan, Nancy & Simmons, Robert & Arndt, Erika & Levison, Henry
- 561-565 Perceptions of disability of persons with cerebral palsy, their close relatives and able bodied persons
by Gething, Lindsay
- 567-577 Mexican-American, Black-American and White-American differences in reporting illnesses, disability and physician visits for illnesses
by Berkanovic, Emil & Telesky, Carol
- 579-583 A point prevalence study of alcoholism and mental illness among downtown migrants
by Whitley, Marilyn Peddicord & Osborne, Oliver H. & Godfrey, Mary Ann & Johnston, Karen
- 585-588 Handicapped individuals in Kuwait
by Harrison, Ann
- 589-599 Child mortality and economic variation among rural Mexican households
by Millard, Ann V.
- 601-607 A cost-benefit analysis of the Quebec network of genetic medicine
by Dagenais, Denyse L. & Courville, Léon & Dagenais, Marcel G.
- 609-625 Water resources development and schistosomiasis ecology in the Awash Valley, Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut
- 627-635 Marital dissolution and health: Do males or females have greater risk?
by Riessman, Catherine Kohler & Gerstel, Naomi
- 637-644 Job stress, cigarette smoking and cessation: The conditioning effects of peer support
by Westman, Mina & Eden, Dov & Shirom, Arie
- 645-648 A problem with refusing certain forms of psychiatric treatment
by Perry, Clifton
1985, Volume 20, Issue 5
- 441-451 Double standards in the analysis of Marxist scholarship: A reply to Reidy's critique of my work
by Navarro, Vicente
- 453-460 Socioeconomic and health effects on mortality declines in developing countries
by Pendleton, Brian F. & Yang, Shu-O. W.
- 461-472 Styles of adjustment to coronary graft surgery
by Radley, Alan & Green, Ruth
- 473-482 The urban bias in health facilities in Pakistan
by Zaidi, S. Akbar
- 483-486 A Maori perspective of health
by Durie, M. H.
- 487-492 Hospital care utilization in a 17,000 population sample: 5-year follow-up
by Hansagi, Helen & Norell, Staffan E. & Magnusson, Gudjon
- 493-497 Psychosocial adjustment of victims of occupational hand injuries
by Lee, Peter W. H. & Ho, Elsie S. Y. & Tsang, Adolf K. T. & Cheng, Jack C. Y. & Leung, P. C. & Cheng, Y. H. & Lieh-Mak, F.
- 499-509 Socialization and interpersonal environment in nurses' affective reactions to work
by Decker, Frederic H.
- 511-515 The shaman and the medicine-man
by Hultkrantz, Åke
- 517-527 Weaving a tangled web: The psychology of deception and self deception in psychogenic pain
by Bayer, Timothy L.
- 529-533 Reducing presurgical anxiety: A possible visitor effect
by Hartsfield, Judy & Clopton, James R.
- 535-543 Doctors, psychiatrists and disease
by Lavin, Michael
- 545-552 Deinstitutionalization and public policy
by Scull, Andrew
1985, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 307-314 Illegitimate birth and deprivation: Recent findings from an exploratory study
by Filinson, Rachel
- 315-318 The significance of psychosocial factors in predicting coronary disease in patients with valvular heart disease
by Cooper, C. L. & Faragher, E. B. & Bray, C. L. & Ramsdale, D. R.
- 319-323 Living with an amputation: The helper
by Thompson, Dorothy M. & Haran, Dave
- 325-330 Illness behaviour in mothers with young children
by Campion, Peter D. & Gabriel, Jennet
- 331-334 Type A behaviour in two ethnic rural communities of males in Israel with and without coronary heart disease
by Stockwell, Naomi & Zyzanski, Stephen J. & Yodfat, Yair
- 335-340 Japan's clinic physicians and their behavior
by Abe, Maratoshi A.
- 341-346 Status of life-areas: Congruence/noncongruence in ESRD patient and spouse perceptions
by Gray, Heather & Brogan, Donna & Kutner, Nancy G.
- 347-354 Who are those most likely to be institutionalized, the elderly who receive comprehensive home care services or those who do not?
by Béland, François
- 355-364 Intervention against loneliness in a group of elderly women: An impact evaluation
by Anderson, Lars
- 365-369 Social bonds in a healthy elderly sample: Characteristics and associated variables
by Thomas, Paula D. & Garry, Philip J. & Goodwin, Jean M. & Goodwin, James S.
- 371-379 Variation in inpatient racial composition among acute-care hospitals in New York State
by Schatzkin, Arthur
- 381-392 Infant mortality in Sri Lankan households: A causal model
by Waxler, Nancy E. & Morrison, Barrie M. & Sirisena, W. M. & Pinnaduwage, S.
- 393-398 Social and public health implication of water supply in arid zones in the Sudan
by Awad El Karim, M. A. & El Hassan, B. M. & Hussein, K. K.
- 399-404 Approaches to medical geography: An historical perspective
by Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 404-407 Directions for medical geography in the 1980s: Some observations from the United Kingdom
by Phillips, David R.
- 407-408 Directions for medical geography in the 1980s: Some observations from the United Kingdom
by Learmonth, A. T. A.
- 408-409 Directions for medical geography in the 1980s: Some observations from the United Kingdom
by Armstrong, R. W.
- 411-424 Supply projections as planning: A critical review of forecasting net physician requirements in Canada
by Lomas, Jonathan & Stoddart, Greg L. & Barer, Morris L.
- 425-429 Skin disease and handicap: An analysis of the impact of skin conditions
by Jowett, Sandra & Ryan, Terence
- 437-438 Towards total patient care
by Omar, Mayeh A.
1985, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 181-190 The primary health care project in Belgium: A survey on the utilization of health services
by Foets, Marleen & Berghmans, Frans & Janssens, Lieve
- 191-197 Prescription drug advertising: Trends and implications
by Krupka, Lawrence R. & Vener, Arthur M.
- 199-206 What is unnecessary surgery? Who shall decide? Issues of consumer sovereignty, conflict and self-regulation
by Schacht, Paul J. & Pemberton, Alec
- 207-214 An assessment of community health workers in Nicaragua
by Scholl, Edward A.
- 215-221 Sterilization in the northeast of Brazil
by Janowitz, Barbara & Higgins, James E. & Rodrigues, Walter & Arruda, Jose Marie & Smith, Jason B. & Morris, Leo
- 223-230 Dietary beliefs in health and illness among a Hong Kong community
by Ho, Suzanne S. Y. Chan
- 231-240 Clinical clerkships in professional education: A study in pharmacy and other ancillary professions
by Broadhead, Robert S. & Facchinetti, Neil J.
- 241-245 Factors which differentiate smokers from ex-smokers among cardiovascular patients: A discriminant analysis
by Giannetti, Vincent J. & Reynolds, John & Rihn, Thomas
- 247-252 Consistency of rule application to inmates in long-term treatment institutions
by Roth, Julius A.
- 253-261 A physician role typology: Colleague and client dependence in an HMO
by Barr, Judith K. & Steinberg, Marcia K.
- 263-268 Patterns in preventive behavior: A study of women in middle age
by Calnan, Michael
- 269-275 Lay workers in primary health care: Victims in the process of social transformation
by Stark, Ruth
- 277-285 Traditional healers, mothers and childhood diarrheal disease in Swaziland: The interface of anthropology and health education
by Green, Edward C.
- 287-292 Obstetrical choice among urban women in Benin
by Sargent, Carolyn
- 293-300 Clean water provision in rural areas of less developed countries
by Roundy, Robert W.
1985, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 119-120 Introduction
by Baszanger, Isabelle
- 121-122 Sociology of health and illness in France, retrospectively and prospectively
by Herzlich, Claudine
- 123-128 Social uses of illness at the workplace: Sick leave and moral evaluation
by Dodier, Nicolas
- 129-132 A protest movement in a private clinic: An analysis of a patients' strike
by Waissman, Renée
- 133-143 Professional socialization and social control: From medical students to general practitioners
by Baszanger, Isabelle
- 145-151 The social construction of the patient: Patients and illnesses in other ages
by Herzlich, Claudine & Pierret, Janine
- 153-166 Hospital system management in France and Canada: National pluralism and provincial centralism
by de Pouvourville, Gerard & Renaud, Marc
- 167-172 Managerial procedures and hospital practices: A case study of the development of a new medical discipline
by Cabridain, Marie-Odile
- 173-180 An economic approach to the daily activities of private general practitioners
by Letourmy, Alain
1985, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-25 Populism and health policy: The case of community health volunteers in India
by Jobert, Bruno
- 26-26 Commentaries
by Pfleiderer, Beatrix
- 27-28 Commentaries
by Miles, M.
- 29-37 The meaning of medications: Another look at compliance
by Conrad, Peter
- 39-45 Psychiatric symptomatology among Mexican American farmworkers
by Vega, William & Warheit, George & Palacio, Robert
- 47-52 Patient reactions to doctors' computer use in general practice consultations
by Brownbridge, Garry & Herzmark, Guy A. & Wall, Toby D.
- 53-59 A survey of traditional medical practices used for the treatment of malignant tumors in an East African population
by Alexander, George A.
- 61-66 The association between health and retirement: Self-health assessment of Israeli retirees
by Kremer, Yael
- 67-69 Mobilizing indigenous resource for primary health care in Nigeria: A note on the place of traditional medicine
by Oyeneye, O. Y.
- 71-84 The persistence of high fertility in Kenya
by Sindiga, Isaac
- 85-93 Pharmacy patronage among the elderly: Selected racial and geographical patterns
by Shannon, Gary W. & Cromley, Ellen K. & Fink, Joseph L.
- 95-100 Personality indicators of psychosocial adjustment in first-year medical students
by Zeldow, Peter B. & Clark, David C. & Daugherty, Steven R. & Eckenfels, Edward J.
- 101-105 Using the health belief model to predict initial drug therapy defaulting
by Fincham, Jack E. & Wertheimer, Albert I.
- 107-109 Maintenance of psychosocial attitudes in medical students
by Dornbush, Rhea L. & Singer, Paul & Brownstein, Edward J. & Freedman, Alfred M.
1984, Volume 19, Issue 12
- 1257-1260 Pain; Still an intriguing puzzle
by Menges, Louwrens J.
- 1261-1277 New directions in the understanding and management of pain
by Chapman, C. Richard
- 1279-1298 Ethnicity and the pain experience
by Lipton, James A. & Marbach, Joseph J.
- 1299-1304 Between death and shame: Dimensions of pain in Bariba culture
by Sargent, Carolyn
- 1305-1311 The continous nature of headache susceptibility
by Bakal, Donald A. & Demjen, Stefan & Kaganov, Judith
- 1313-1317 The spouse's adjustment to chronic pain: Cognitive and emotional factors
by Block, Andrew R. & Boyer, Sara L.
- 1319-1324 Consequences of nonverbal expression of pain: Patient distress and observer concern
by von Baeyer, Carl L. & Johnson, Marianne E. & McMillan, Marcia J.
- 1325-1330 Facial expression accompanying pain
by LeResche, Linda & Dworkin, Samuel F.
- 1331-1337 Developmental changes in infant pain expression during immunization injections
by Craig, K. D. & McMahon, R. J. & Morison, J. D. & Zaskow, C.
- 1339-1345 Cognitive dimensions of chronic pain
by Ciccone, Donald S. & Grzesiak, Roy C.
- 1347-1351 A study of labour pain using the MCGILL pain questionnaire
by Niven, Catherine & Gijsbers, Karel
- 1353-1360 Psychological approaches to the management of arthritis pain
by Bradley, Laurence A. & Young, Larry D. & Anderson, Karen O. & McDaniel, Lisa K. & Turner, Robert A. & Agudelo, Carlos A.
- 1361-1365 Patient evaluation of a cognitive behavioral group program for patients with chronic low back pain
by Linssen, A. C. G. & Zitman, F. G.
- 1367-1378 Physiological and psychological explanations for the mechanism of acupunture as a treatment for chronic pain
by Lewith, G. T. & Kenyon, J. N.
- 1379-1382 Long-term use of narcotic analgesics in chronic pain
by France, Randal D. & Urban, Bruno J. & Keefe, Francis J.
- 1383-1392 Chronic pain from the perspective of health: A view based on systems theory
by Engelbart, Herman J. & Vrancken, Mariet A. E.
- 1393-1400 Managing the problem pain patient: Compliance or social control?
by Kotarba, Joseph A. & Seidel, John V.
1984, Volume 19, Issue 11
- 1127-1129 Scholarship, freedom and brain drain in Africa
by Mburu, F.M.
- 1131-1139 Going up in smoke: The case of British American tobacco in Kenya
by Currie, Kate & Ray, Larry
- 1141-1149 Disabled persons in Poland
by Bejnarowicz, Janusz
- 1151-1158 Opinions on mental illness in Israel
by Rahav, Michael & Struening, Elmer L. & Andrews, Howard
- 1159-1165 Decision making in professional associations
by Cox, Ken