Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2000, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 175-184 Pain response in Chinese and non-Chinese Canadian infants: is there a difference?
by Rosmus, Christina & Johnston, C. Céleste & Chan-Yip, Alice & Yang, Fang
- 185-197 Indices and sociodemographic determinants of childhood mortality in rural Upper Egypt
by Yassin, Khaled M.
- 199-208 The determinants of infant mortality in Pakistan
by Agha, Sohail
- 209-222 Talking contracts and taking care: managers and professionals in the British National Health Service internal market
by Griffiths, Lesley & Hughes, David
- 223-242 Cost analysis as a vitamin A program design and evaluation tool: a case study of the Philippines
by Fiedler, John L. & Dado, Dyezebel R. & Maglalang, Hector & Juban, Noel & Capistrano, Melgabal & Magpantay, Maria Vicenta
- 243-249 Precision and accuracy in measuring absence from work as a basis for calculating productivity costs in The Netherlands
by Severens, Johan L. & Mulder, Jan & Laheij, Robert J. F. & Verbeek, André L. M.
- 251-264 Lay constructions of HIV and complementary therapy use
by Pawluch, Dorothy & Cain, Roy & Gillett, James
- 265-274 Walking, exercising, and smoking: does neighborhood matter?
by Ross, Catherine E.
- 275-287 Gender, poverty and location: how much difference do they make in the geography of health inequalities?
by Rosenberg, Mark W. & Wilson, Kathleen
- 289-305 Urban-rural mortality differentials: controlling for material deprivation
by Senior, Martyn & Williams, Huw & Higgs, Gary
- 307-317 Heterogeneity in the determinants of health and illness: the example of socioeconomic status and smoking
by Birch, Stephen & Jerrett, Mike & Eyles, John
2000, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-10 Sexual abstinence at age 21 in New Zealand: the importance of religion
by Paul, Charlotte & Fitzjohn, Julie & Eberhart-Phillips, Jason & Herbison, Peter & Dickson, Nigel
- 11-28 Contamination of medicine injection paraphernalia used by registered medical practitioners in south India: an ethnographic study
by Lakshman, M. & Nichter, Mark
- 29-40 Hong Kong Chinese perceptions of the experience of unrelated bone marrow donation
by Holroyd, Eleanor & Molassiotis, Alexander
- 41-50 Chronic physical illness, psychiatric disorder and disability in the workplace
by Dewa, Carolyn S. & Lin, Elizabeth
- 51-64 The three-year persistence of depressive symptoms in men and women
by Bracke, Piet
- 65-72 Theoretical perspectives on suicide in gay men with AIDS
by McNaught, Angela & Spicer, John
- 73-81 God should give daughters to rich families only: attitudes towards childbearing among low-income women in Punjab, Pakistan
by Winkvist, Anna & Akhtar, Humaira Zareen
- 83-91 Clinical risk and collective competence in the hospital emergency department in the UK
by Boreham, N. C. & Shea, C. E. & Mackway-Jones, K.
- 93-102 Ambiguity: exploring the complexity of roles and boundaries when working with volunteers in well woman clinics
by Merrell, Joy
- 103-113 Women's experiences of maternity care: satisfaction or passivity?
by Kabakian-Khasholian, Tamar & Campbell, Oona & Shediac-Rizkallah, Mona & Ghorayeb, Françoise
- 115-122 The social gradient in life expectancy: the contrary case of Okinawa in Japan
by Cockerham, William C. & Hattori, Hiroyuki & Yamori, Yukio
- 123-133 Socio-economic status and the utilisation of physicians' services: results from the Canadian National Population Health Survey
by Dunlop, Sheryl & Coyte, Peter C. & McIsaac, Warren
- 135-146 Income inequality, social cohesion and the health status of populations: the role of neo-liberalism
by Coburn, David
- 147-150 Deprivation and sudden infant death syndrome
by Mitchell, E. A. & Stewart, A. W. & Crampton, P. & Salmond, Clare
- 151-153 Increasing mortality differentials by residential area level of poverty: Britain 1981-1997
by Shaw, Mary & Gordon, David & Dorling, Danny & Mitchell, Richard & Davey Smith, George
2000, Volume 50, Issue 12
- 1703-1713 Chronic illicit drug use, health services utilization and the cost of medical care
by French, Michael T. & McGeary, Kerry Anne & Chitwood, Dale D. & McCoy, Clyde B.
- 1715-1722 Scaling back goals and recalibration of the affect system are processes in normal adaptive self-regulation: understanding 'response shift' phenomena
by Carver, Charles S. & Scheier, Michael F.
- 1723-1741 Participatory diagramming as a means to improve communication about sex in rural Zimbabwe: a pilot study
by Kesby, Mike
- 1743-1755 Is travel distance a barrier to veterans' use of VA hospitals for medical surgical care?
by Mooney, Cathleen & Zwanziger, Jack & Phibbs, Ciaran S. & Schmitt, Susan
- 1757-1770 Precursors of lethal violence: a death row sample
by Freedman, David & Hemenway, David
- 1771-1783 Children and medicines: self-treatment of common illnesses among Luo schoolchildren in western Kenya
by Geissler, P. W. & Nokes, K. & Prince, R. J. & Achieng' Odhiambo, R. & Aagaard-Hansen, J. & Ouma, J. H.
- 1785-1795 Deviant insiders: medical acupuncturists in New Zealand
by Dew, Kevin
- 1797-1806 The socio-economic determinants of maternal health care utilization in Turkey
by Celik, Yusuf & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 1807-1825 Women's health in relation with their family and work roles: France in the early 1990s
by Khlat, Myriam & Sermet, Catherine & Le Pape, Annick
- 1827-1842 Parenthood, gender and sickness absence
by Mastekaasa, Arne
- 1843-1850 Interpretative repertoires of medication among the oldest-old
by Lumme-Sandt, Kirsi & Hervonen, Antti & Jylhä, Marja
- 1851-1862 Technology, selfhood and physical disability
by Lupton, Deborah & Seymour, Wendy
- 1863-1875 The power of place: space and time in women's and community health centres in South Australia
by Warin, Megan & Baum, Frances & Kalucy, Elizabeth & Murray, Charlie & Veale, Bronwyn
2000, Volume 50, Issue 11
- 1519-1532 Editorial: HIV/AIDS social and behavioural research: past advances and thoughts about the future
by Moatti, Jean-Paul & Souteyrand, Yves
- 1533-1546 Research on HIV sexual risk: Social relations-based approach in a cross-cultural perspective
by Bajos, Nathalie & Marquet, Jacques
- 1557-1570 Revisiting the concept of 'vulnerability'
by Delor, François & Hubert, Michel
- 1571-1588 HIV-positive people, risk and sexual behaviour
by Schiltz, M. A. & Sandfort, Th. G. M.
- 1589-1598 Everyday life with AIDS/HIV: surveys in the social sciences
by Pierret, Janine
- 1607-1629 The normalization of AIDS in Western European countries
by Rosenbrock, Rolf & Dubois-Arber, Francoise & Moers, Martin & Pinell, Patrice & Schaeffer, Doris & Setbon, Michel
- 1631-1641 Making sense of everyday pain
by Aldrich, Sarah & Eccleston, Chris
- 1643-1654 Attitudes towards organ donation in Hong Kong
by Yeung, Iris & Kong, S. H. & Lee, Janet
- 1655-1663 Measurement of community beliefs about colorectal cancer
by Stanton, Warren R. & Balanda, Kevin P. & Gillespie, Amaya M. & Lowe, John B. & Baade, Peter D.
- 1665-1672 Gender comparisons of income expectations in the USA at the beginning of medical school during the past 28 years
by Hojat, Mohammadreza & Gonnella, Joseph S. & Erdmann, James B. & Rattner, Susan L. & Veloski, J. Jon & Glaser, Karen & Xu, Gang
- 1679-1693 Marginal impact of psychosocial factors on multimorbidity: results of an explorative nested case-control study
by van den Akker, Marjan & Buntinx, Frank & Metsemakers, Job F. M. & Knottnerus, J. André
2000, Volume 50, Issue 10
- 1333-1351 Fertility, mortality and gender bias among tribal population: an Indian perspective
by Maharatna, Arup
- 1353-1368 Gender and the stigma of onchocercal skin disease in Africa
by Vlassoff, Carol & Weiss, Mitchell & Ovuga, E. B. L. & Eneanya, Christine & Nwel, P. Titi & Babalola, S. Sunday & Awedoba, A. K. & Theophilus, Biri & Cofie, Patience & Shetabi, Pegah
- 1369-1383 Sexually transmitted diseases in Morocco: gender influences on prevention and health care seeking behavior
by Manhart, Lisa E. & Dialmy, Abdessamad & Ryan, Caroline A. & Mahjour, Jaouad
- 1385-1401 Constructions of masculinity and their influence on men's well-being: a theory of gender and health
by Courtenay, Will H.
- 1403-1414 Workforce diversity: implications for the effectiveness of health care delivery teams
by Dreachslin, Janice L. & Hunt, Portia L. & Sprainer, Elaine
- 1415-1432 Work stress among six professional groups: the Singapore experience
by Chan, Kwok Bun & Lai, Gina & Ko, Yiu Chung & Boey, Kam Weng
- 1433-1444 Professional commitment among US physician executives in managed care
by Hoff, Timothy J.
- 1445-1450 Family self-medication and antibiotics abuse for children and juveniles in a Chinese city
by Bi, Peng & Tong, Shilu & Parton, Kevin A.
- 1451-1456 Community-perceived benefits of ivermectin treatment in Northeastern Nigeria
by Akogun, O. B. & Akogun, M. K. & Audu, Z.
- 1457-1473 Low-income mothers' views on breastfeeding
by Guttman, Nurit & Zimmerman, Deena R.
- 1475-1484 The experience of chronic illness and post-traumatic stress disorder: the consequences of cumulative adversity
by Alonzo, Angelo A.
- 1485-1500 The many meanings of deinsuring a health service: the case of in vitro fertilization in Ontario
by Giacomini, M. & Hurley, J. & Stoddart, G.
- 1501-1510 Addicts' narratives of recovery from drug use: constructing a non-addict identity
by McIntosh, James & McKeganey, Neil
2000, Volume 50, Issue 9
- 1171-1175 More than just "interesting!": Anthropology, health and human rights
by Heggenhougen, H. K.
- 1177-1188 Physical access to primary health care in Andean Bolivia
by Perry, Baker & Gesler, Wil
- 1189-1196 The influence of maternal intergenerational education on health behaviors of women in peri-urban Bolivia
by Bender, Deborah E. & McCann, Margaret F.
- 1197-1208 Distance and health care utilization among the rural elderly
by Nemet, Gregory F. & Bailey, Adrian J.
- 1209-1225 Socioeconomic status and infant mortality in Australia: a national study of small urban areas, 1985-89
by Turrell, Gavin & Mengersen, Kerrie
- 1227-1233 Women's perceptions of caesarean section: reflections from a Turkish teaching hospital
by Tatar, Mehtap & Günalp, Serdar & Somunoglu, Sinem & Demirol, Aygül
- 1235-1246 Career preferences and the work-family balance in medicine: gender differences among medical specialists
by Heiligers, Phil J. M. & Hingstman, L.
- 1247-1255 Interpretation of nonvocal behavior and the meaning of voicelessness in critical care
by Happ, Mary Beth
- 1257-1272 Reinventing fatherhood in Japan and Canada
by Steinberg, Susanne & Kruckman, Laurence & Steinberg, Stephanie
- 1273-1284 AIDS, risk and social governance
by Brown, Tim
- 1285-1295 Life course accumulation of disadvantage: childhood health and hazard exposure during adulthood
by Holland, P. & Berney, L. & Blane, D. & Davey Smith, G. & Gunnell, D. J. & Montgomery, S. M.
- 1297-1308 Racial differences in Norplant use in the United States
by Malat, Jennifer
- 1309-1316 Treatment seeking for malaria in Morong, Bataan, The Philippines
by Espino, Fe & Manderson, Lenore
- 1317-1327 Job strain, effort-reward imbalance and employee well-being: a large-scale cross-sectional study
by de Jonge, Jan & Bosma, Hans & Peter, Richard & Siegrist, Johannes
2000, Volume 50, Issue 7-8
- 911-913 Geographic research at the end of the century: papers from the Eighth International Symposium on Medical Geography
by Earickson, Robert
- 915-921 Finke's 1792 map of human diseases: the first world disease map?
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 923-935 Our sense of Snow: the myth of John Snow in medical geography
by McLeod, Kari S.
- 937-952 Geography, ecology and emerging infectious diseases
by Mayer, Jonathan D.
- 953-964 Ecological and cultural barriers to treatment of childhood diarrhea in riverine areas of Ondo State, Nigeria
by Folasade Iyun, B. & Adewale Oke, E.
- 965-983 Health and disease in southern Africa: a comparative and vulnerability perspective
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel
- 985-1000 Using survival analysis to study spatial point patterns in geographical epidemiology
by Reader, Steven
- 1001-1014 Approaches to sampling and case selection in qualitative research: examples in the geography of health
by Curtis, Sarah & Gesler, Wil & Smith, Glenn & Washburn, Sarah
- 1015-1024 Regional assessment of elderly disability in the U.S
by Lin, Ge
- 1025-1036 Ageing in Portugal: regional iniquities in health and health care
by Santana, Paula
- 1037-1045 Long-term care restructuring in rural Ontario: retrieving community service user and provider narratives
by Cloutier-Fisher, Denise & Joseph, Alun E.
- 1047-1058 Widening inequality in mortality between 160 regions of 15 European countries in the early 1990s
by Shaw, Mary & Orford, Scott & Brimblecombe, Nicola & Dorling, Daniel
- 1059-1079 Death and deprivation: an exploratory analysis of deaths in the Health and Lifestyle survey
by Jones, Kelvyn & Gould, Myles I. & Duncan, Craig
- 1081-1090 Problems of providing health care in British island communities
by Gould, Myles I. & Moon, Graham
- 1091-1097 Etiology of limited transmission diseases among drug users: does recent migration magnify the risk of sharing injection equipment?
by Paschane, David M. & Fisher, Dennis G.
- 1099-1107 The geography of survival after surgery for colo-rectal cancer in southern England
by Kim, Yo-Eun & Gatrell, Anthony C. & Francis, Brian J.
- 1109-1120 Predicting small-area health-related behaviour: a comparison of smoking and drinking indicators
by Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham & Jones, Kelvyn
- 1121-1137 Modelling exposure opportunities: estimating relative risk for motor neurone disease in Finland
by Sabel, Clive E. & Gatrell, Anthony C. & Löytönen, Markku & Maasilta, Paula & Jokelainen, Matti
- 1139-1154 Environmental risk perception and well-being: effects of the landfill siting process in two southern Ontario communities
by Wakefield, Sarah & Elliott, Susan J.
- 1155-1166 A longitudinal study of the health impacts of a petroleum refinery
by Luginaah, Isaac N. & Taylor, S. Martin & Elliott, Susan J. & Eyles, John D.
2000, Volume 50, Issue 6
- 757-759 The illusion of paradox: commentary on Albrecht, G.L. and Devlieger, P.J. (1998). The disability paradox: high quality of life against all odds. Social Science & Medicine 48, 977-988
by Koch, Tom
- 761-762 Disability assumptions, concepts and theory: reply to Tom Koch
by Albrecht, Gary L. & Devlieger, Patrick J.
- 763-771 Trends in and determinants of mortality in the elderly population of Matlab, Bangladesh
by Mostafa, Golam & van Ginneken, Jeroen K.
- 773-795 Economic development and women's blood pressure: field evidence from rural Mashonaland, Zimbabwe
by Hunter, John M. & Sparks, Barbara T. & Mufunda, Jacob & Musabayane, Cephas T. & Sparks, Harvey V. & Mahomed, Kassam
- 797-811 Thinking differently about thinking positive: a discursive approach to cancer patients' talk
by Wilkinson, Sue & Kitzinger, Celia
- 813-828 The effect of patient race and socio-economic status on physicians' perceptions of patients
by van Ryn, Michelle & Burke, Jane
- 829-840 Doctor-patient communication about drugs: the evidence for shared decision making
by Stevenson, Fiona A. & Barry, Christine A. & Britten, Nicky & Barber, Nick & Bradley, Colin P.
- 841-849 Family planning KAP survey in Gaza
by Donati, Serena & Hamam, Rawia & Medda, Emanuela
- 851-860 A council of elders: creating a multi-voiced dialogue in a community of care
by Katz, Arlene M. & Conant, Loring & Inui, Thomas S. & Baron, David & Bor, David
- 861-878 Migration and geographical inequalities in health in Britain
by Brimblecombe, Nic & Dorling, Danny & Shaw, Mary
- 879-889 A village treatment center for malaria: community response in Sri Lanka
by Konradsen, Flemming & Amerasinghe, Priyanie H. & Perera, Devika & Van der Hoek, Wim & Amerasinghe, Felix P.
- 891-903 Social factors influencing the acquisition of antibiotics without prescription in Kerala State, south India
by Saradamma, Rema Devi & Higginbotham, Nick & Nichter, Mark
2000, Volume 50, Issue 5
- 603-604 Book reviews: expectations and parameters
by Pyle, Gerard F.
- 605-617 Illness narratives: time, hope and HIV
by Ezzy, Douglas
- 619-629 Social capital, SES and health: an individual-level analysis
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 631-639 Well being, work environment and work accidents
by Kirschenbaum, Alan & Oigenblick, Ludmilla & Goldberg, Albert I.
- 641-649 Social class differences in mortality using the new UK National Statistics Socio-Economic Classification
by Chandola, Tarani
- 651-661 Menorrhagia in general practice -- disease or illness
by O'Flynn, Norma & Britten, Nicky
- 663-671 Income-related health inequality in Canada
by Humphries, Karin H. & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 673-687 A multilevel analysis of income inequality and cardiovascular disease risk factors
by Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Link, Bruce G. & Northridge, Mary E.
- 689-701 Between fear and relief: how rural pregnant women experience foetal ultrasound in a Botswana district hospital
by Tautz, Siegrid & Jahn, Albrecht & Molokomme, Imelda & Görgen, Regina
- 703-713 Injections and the fear of death: an essay on the limits of biomedicine among the Dagomba of northern Ghana
by Bierlich, Bernhard
- 715-721 Factor and subscale structure of a parental health locus of control instrument (Parental Health Beliefs Scales) for use in a mainland United States Puerto Rican community
by Pachter, Lee M. & Sheehan, Joseph & Cloutier, Michelle M.
- 723-735 The sexual behavior of married Mexican immigrant men in North Carolina
by Viadro, Claire I. & Earp, Jo Anne L.
- 737-749 Highway cowboys, old hands, and Christian truckers: risk behavior for human immunodeficiency virus infection among long-haul truckers in Florida
by Stratford, Dale & Ellerbrock, Tedd V. & Akins, J. Keith & Hall, Heather L.
2000, Volume 50, Issue 4
- 459-478 The intersections of HIV and violence: directions for future research and interventions
by Maman, Suzanne & Campbell, Jacquelyn & Sweat, Michael D. & Gielen, Andrea C.
- 479-494 Selling sex in the time of AIDS: the psycho-social context of condom use by sex workers on a Southern African mine
by Campbell, Catherine
- 507-515 The production of health and the valuation of medical inputs in wage-amenity models
by Schumacher, Edward J. & Whitehead, John C.
- 517-529 Over the limit: the association among health, race and debt
by Drentea, Patricia & Lavrakas, Paul J.
- 531-539 Gender, family structure and cardiovascular activity during the working day and evening
by Steptoe, Andrew & Lundwall, Karen & Cropley, Mark
- 541-552 Cadaveric donotransplantation: nurses' attitudes, knowledge and behaviour
by Sque, Magi & Payne, Sheila & Vlachonikolis, Ioannis
- 553-566 The Medical Interaction Process System (MIPS): an instrument for analysing interviews of oncologists and patients with cancer
by Ford, Sarah & Hall, Angela & Ratcliffe, Denise & Fallowfield, Lesley
- 567-582 Continuity and change in women's weight orientations and lifestyle practices through pregnancy and the postpartum period: the influence of life course trajectories and transitional events
by Devine, Carol M. & Bove, Caron F. & Olson, Christine M.
- 583-597 Sense of coherence and health: evidence from two cross-lagged longitudinal samples
by Kivimäki, Mika & Feldt, Taru & Vahtera, Jussi & Nurmi, Jari-Erik
2000, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 309-315 Task and socioemotional behaviors of physicians: a test of reciprocity and social interaction theories in analogue physician-patient encounters
by Roberts, Carlos A. & Aruguete, Mara S.
- 317-329 The wineglass model: tracking the locational histories of health professionals
by Baer, Leonard D. & Gesler, Wilbert M. & Konrad, Thomas R.
- 331-344 Perceptions of injury causes and solutions in a Johannesburg township: implications for prevention
by Butchart, Alexander & Kruger, Johan & Lekoba, Royal
- 345-364 A description of child illness and treatment behavior in Guatemala
by Heuveline, Patrick & Goldman, Noreen
- 365-385 Gender, ethnicity and self-reported health: the case of African-Caribbean populations in London
by Curtis, Sarah & Lawson, Kim
- 387-396 Doing health, doing gender: teenagers, diabetes and asthma
by Williams, Clare
- 397-405 Researching limiting long-term illness
by Jordan, Kelvin & Ong, Bie Nio & Croft, Peter
- 407-418 The "supply hypothesis" and medical practice variation in primary care: testing economic and clinical models of inter-practitioner variation
by Davis, Peter & Gribben, Barry & Scott, Alastair & Lay-Yee, Roy
- 419-427 The influence of weather on human mortality in Hong Kong
by Yan, Yuk Yee
- 429-444 "It's just part of being a woman": cervical screening, the body and femininity
by Bush, Judith
2000, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 169-176 The role of the World Bank in international health: renewed commitment and partnership
by de Beyer, Joy A. & Preker, Alexander S. & Feachem, Richard G. A.
- 185-202 Variations in geographical distribution of foreign and domestically trained physicians in the United States: 'safety nets' or 'surplus exacerbation'?
by Mick, Stephen S. & Lee, Shoou-Yih D. & Wodchis, Walter P.
- 203-213 Factors influencing choice of delivery sites in Rakai district of Uganda
by Amooti-Kaguna, B. & Nuwaha, F.
- 215-231 Social networks, ideation, and contraceptive behavior in Bangladesh: a longitudinal analysis
by Kincaid, D. Lawrence
- 233-245 'The last resort would be to go to the GP'. Understanding the perceptions and use of general practitioner services among people with HIV/AIDS
by Petchey, Roland & Farnsworth, Bill & Williams, Jacky
- 247-254 Tuberculosis in Pakistan: socio-cultural constraints and opportunities in treatment
by Khan, Amir & Walley, John & Newell, James & Imdad, Naghma
- 255-270 Social policies and the pathways to inequalities in health: a comparative analysis of lone mothers in Britain and Sweden
by Whitehead, Margaret & Burström, Bo & Diderichsen, Finn
- 271-284 Couples' patterns of adjustment to colon cancer
by Northouse, Laurel L. & Mood, Darlene & Templin, Thomas & Mellon, Suzanne & George, Tamara
- 285-291 'In the safety of your own home': results from a national survey on gun use at home
by Azrael, Deborah & Hemenway, David
- 293-301 Three lay mental models of disease inheritance
by Henderson, Bethan J. & Maguire, Bryan T.
2000, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 17-26 Health services accessibility among Spanish elderly
by Fernández-Mayoralas, Gloria & Rodríguez, Vicente & Rojo, Fermina
- 27-39 Locality and habitus: the origins of sickness absence practices
by Virtanen, Pekka & Nakari, Risto & Ahonen, Hanna & Vahtera, Jussi & Pentti, Jaana
- 41-51 Social impacts of technological diffusion: prenatal diagnosis and induced abortion in Brazil
by Novaes, Hillegonda Maria Dutilh
- 53-62 Rethinking patient satisfaction: patient experiences of an open access flexible sigmoidoscopy service
by Dougall, Audrey & Russell, Andrew & Rubin, Greg & Ling, Jane
- 63-75 Using discrete choice modelling in priority setting: an application to clinical service developments
by Farrar, Shelley & Ryan, Mandy & Ross, Donald & Ludbrook, Anne
- 77-88 Hospital credentialing and quality of care
by Sloan, Frank A & Conover, Christopher J & Provenzale, Dawn
- 89-105 "Jesus will fix it after awhile": meanings and health
by Abrums, Mary
- 107-121 Wellness activities address inequities
by Dobson, Roy & Lepnurm, Rein
- 123-135 Traditional medicine, professional monopoly and structural interests: a Korean case
by Cho, Hyo-Je
- 137-154 "Requested death": a new social movement
by McInerney, Fran
1999, Volume 49, Issue 12
- 1571-1598 Psychological impact of predicting individuals' risks of illness: a systematic review
by Shaw, Chris & Abrams, Keith & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 1599-1614 Social network influences on reproductive health behaviors in urban northern Thailand
by Bond, Katherine C. & Valente, Thomas W. & Kendall, Carl
- 1615-1622 Family focus or career focus: controlling for infertility
by Meyer, Christine Siegwarth
- 1623-1636 Health inequality and population variation in fertility-timing
by Geronimus, Arline T. & Bound, John & Waidmann, Timothy A.
- 1637-1649 Does financial hardship account for elevated psychological distress in lone mothers?
by Hope, Steven & Power, Chris & Rodgers, Bryan
- 1651-1661 What makes new mothers unhappy: psychological distress one year after birth in Italy and France
by Romito, Patrizia & Saurel-Cubizolles, Marie-Josèphe & Lelong, Nathalie
- 1663-1676 Complaining about chronic pain
by Kugelmann, Robert
- 1677-1687 Household nutrition and health in Poland
by Bakken, Rosalie & Jezewska-Zychowicz, Marzena & Winter, Mary
- 1689-1703 The emerging international policy agenda for reproductive health services in conflict settings
by Palmer, Celia A. & Lush, Louisiana & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 1705-1716 Patterns of vaccination acceptance
by Streefland, Pieter & Chowdhury, A. M. R. & Ramos-Jimenez, Pilar
- 1717-1722 Religious characteristics of US women physicians
by Frank, Erica & Dell, Mary Lynn & Chopp, Rebecca
1999, Volume 49, Issue 11
- 1431-1460 Empowerment of women for health promotion: a meta-analysis
by Kar, Snehendu B. & Pascual, Catherine A. & Chickering, Kirstin L.
- 1461-1471 Women, poverty and common mental disorders in four restructuring societies
by Patel, Vikram & Araya, Ricardo & de Lima, Mauricio & Ludermir, Ana & Todd, Charles
- 1473-1487 Referral revisited: community financing schemes and emergency transport in rural Africa
by Macintyre, Kate & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 1489-1500 Purchasing a quick fix from private pharmacies in the Gaza Strip
by Beckerleg, S. & Lewando-Hundt, G. & Eddama, M. & el Alem, A. & Shawa, R. & Abed, Y.
- 1501-1517 Online commentary in acute medical visits: a method of shaping patient expectations
by Heritage, John & Stivers, Tanya
- 1519-1528 Treatment issues for HIV+ Africans in London
by Erwin, Jo & Peters, Barry
- 1529-1539 Attitudes to health care prioritisation methods and criteria among nurses, doctors, politicians and the general public
by Ryynänen, Olli-Pekka & Myllykangas, Markku & Kinnunen, Juha & Takala, Jorma
- 1541-1549 The psychosocial burden of caring for some Nigerian women with breast cancer and cervical cancer
by Ohaeri, Jude U. & Campbell, Oladapo B. & Ilesanmi, Abiodun O. & Omigbodun, Akinyinka O.
- 1551-1566 Assessment of ambulance response performance using a geographic information system
by Peters, Jeremy & Hall, G. Brent
1999, Volume 49, Issue 10
- 1287-1298 The impact of a quasi-market on sexually transmitted disease services in the UK
by Evans, David
- 1299-1307 Incentives and health policy: primary and secondary care in the British National Health Service
by Hausman, Dan & Le Grand, Julian
- 1309-1323 The impact of public spending on health: does money matter?
by Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant
- 1325-1332 New estimates of the demand for health: results based on a categorical health measure and Swedish micro data
by Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus
- 1349-1356 Equity in health and health care: the Chinese experience
by Liu, Yuanli & Hsiao, William C. & Eggleston, Karen
- 1357-1372 HIV/AIDS prevention for migrants and ethnic minorities: three phases of evaluation
by Haour-Knipe, Mary & Fleury, Francois & Dubois-Arber, Francois
- 1373-1384 A comparison of the relationships of education and income with mortality: the national longitudinal mortality study
by Backlund, Eric & Sorlie, Paul D. & Johnson, Norman J.
- 1385-1399 Cost-effective malaria control in Brazil: Cost-effectiveness of a Malaria Control Program in the Amazon Basin of Brazil, 1988-1996
by Akhavan, Dariush & Musgrove, Philip & Abrantes, Alexandre & Gusmão, Renato d'A.
- 1401-1408 Life-sustaining treatments: what doctors do, what they want for themselves and what elderly persons want
by Carmel, Sara
- 1409-1417 Emergency contraception: an anomalous position in the family planning repertoire?
by Ziebland, Sue
- 1419-1423 Increasing rates of suicide in young men in England during the 1980s: the importance of social context
by Crawford, M. J. & Prince, M.
1999, Volume 49, Issue 9
- 1139-1155 "Not just a statistic": the history of USA and UK policy over thrombotic disease and the oral contraceptive pill, 1960s-1970s
by Marks, Lara
- 1157-1167 'We shall not find salvation in inoculation': BCG vaccination in Scandinavia, Britain and the USA, 1921-1960
by Bryder, Linda
- 1169-1182 The cost of living: kidney dialysis, rationing and health economics in Britain, 1965-1996
by Stanton, Jennifer
- 1183-1195 Passive smoking and its pre-history in Britain: policy speaks to science?
by Berridge, Virginia
- 1197-1213 Public health policy paradoxes: science and politics in the Rockefeller Foundation's hookworm campaign in Mexico in the 1920s
by Birn, Anne-Emanuelle & Solórzano, Armando
- 1215-1225 Cancer chemotherapy, biodiversity, public and private property: the case of the anti-cancer drug Taxol
by Walsh, Vivien & Goodman, Jordan
- 1227-1238 From what and why did genetics emerge as a medical specialism in the 1970s in the UK? A case-history of research, policy and services in the Manchester region of the NHS
by Coventry, Peter A. & Pickstone, John V.
- 1239-1255 Risk, science and policy: definitional struggles, information management, the media and BSE
by Miller, David