Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2013, Volume 96, Issue C
- 129-137 The effect of physical activity on long-term income
by Hyytinen, Ari & Lahtonen, Jukka
- 138-146 Parents' and professionals' perceptions of family-centered care for children with autism spectrum disorder across service sectors
by Hodgetts, Sandra & Nicholas, David & Zwaigenbaum, Lonnie & McConnell, David
- 147-153 The evolving concept of “patient-centeredness” in patient–physician communication research
by Ishikawa, Hirono & Hashimoto, Hideki & Kiuchi, Takahiro
- 154-164 Effects of an HIV peer prevention intervention on sexual and injecting risk behaviors among injecting drug users and their risk partners in Thai Nguyen, Vietnam: A randomized controlled trial
by Go, Vivian F. & Frangakis, Constantine & Le Minh, Nguyen & Latkin, Carl A. & Ha, Tran Viet & Mo, Tran Thi & Sripaipan, Teerada & Davis, Wendy & Zelaya, Carla & Vu, Pham The & Chen, Yong & Celentano, David D. & Quan, Vu Minh
- 165-173 The impact of psychological trauma on wages in post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Searing, Elizabeth A.M. & Rios-Avila, Fernando & Lecy, Jesse D.
- 174-182 Neighborhood cohesion and daily well-being: Results from a diary study
by Robinette, Jennifer W. & Charles, Susan T. & Mogle, Jacqueline A. & Almeida, David M.
- 183-191 Dietary inequalities of mother–child pairs in the rural Amazon: Evidence of maternal-child buffering?
by Piperata, Barbara A. & Schmeer, Kammi K. & Hadley, Craig & Ritchie-Ewing, Genevieve
- 192-199 Managing misaligned paternity findings in research including sickle cell disease screening in Kenya: ‘Consulting communities’ to inform policy
by Marsh, Vicki & Kombe, Francis & Fitzpatrick, Ray & Molyneux, Sassy & Parker, Michael
- 200-207 Specificity of early movie effects on adolescent sexual behavior and alcohol use
by O'Hara, Ross E. & Gibbons, Frederick X. & Li, Zhigang & Gerrard, Meg & Sargent, James D.
- 208-213 Advancing our understanding of sibling supervision and injury risk for young children
by Morrongiello, Barbara A. & Schell, Stacey L. & Keleher, Bethany
- 216-222 Building institutions for health and health systems in contexts of rapid change
by Bloom, Gerald & Wolcott, Sara
- 223-231 Strengthening institutional and organizational capacity for social health protection of the informal sector in lesser-developed countries: A study of policy barriers and opportunities in Cambodia
by Annear, Peter Leslie & Ahmed, Shakil & Ros, Chhun Eang & Ir, Por
- 232-240 The promises and perils of hospital autonomy
by London, Jonathan D.
- 241-249 Strengthening district health service management and delivery through internal contracting: Lessons from pilot projects in Cambodia
by Khim, Keovathanak & Annear, Peter Leslie
- 250-257 Institutional design and organizational practice for universal coverage in lesser-developed countries: Challenges facing the Lao PDR
by Ahmed, Shakil & Annear, Peter Leslie & Phonvisay, Bouaphat & Phommavong, Chansaly & Cruz, Valeria de Oliveira & Hammerich, Asmus & Jacobs, Bart
- 258-263 Financial burden of household out-of pocket health expenditure in Viet Nam: Findings from the National Living Standard Survey 2002–2010
by Van Minh, Hoang & Kim Phuong, Nguyen Thi & Saksena, Priyanka & James, Chris D. & Xu, Ke
- 264-271 Social health insurance for the poor: Targeting and impact of Indonesia's Askeskin programme
by Sparrow, Robert & Suryahadi, Asep & Widyanti, Wenefrida
- 272-276 Willingness to pay for voluntary community-based health insurance: Findings from an exploratory study in the state of Penang, Malaysia
by Shafie, A.A. & Hassali, M.A.
- 277-284 Consumer choice among Mutual Healthcare Purchasers: A feasible option for China?
by Xu, Weiwei & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M.
- 285-289 Scaling-up the medical workforce in Timor-Leste: Challenges of a great leap forward
by Cabral, Jorge & Dussault, Gilles & Buchan, James & Ferrinho, Paulo
- 290-296 Medical professionalism among clinical physicians in two tertiary hospitals, China
by Chen, Jing & Xu, Juan & Zhang, Chunmei & Fu, Xinqiao
- 297-304 Unfree markets: Socially embedded informal health providers in northern Karnataka, India
by George, Asha & Iyer, Aditi
2013, Volume 95, Issue C
- 6-15 Child health in the United States: Recent trends in racial/ethnic disparities
by Mehta, Neil K. & Lee, Hedwig & Ylitalo, Kelly R.
- 16-23 Family structure and child anemia in Mexico
by Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 24-33 Going beyond the surface: Gendered intra-household bargaining as a social determinant of child health and nutrition in low and middle income countries
by Richards, Esther & Theobald, Sally & George, Asha & Kim, Julia C. & Rudert, Christiane & Jehan, Kate & Tolhurst, Rachel
- 34-42 Perceived instrumental support and children's health across the early life course
by Turney, Kristin
- 43-51 Social networks of experientially similar others: Formation, activation, and consequences of network ties on the health care experience
by Gage, Elizabeth A.
- 52-59 Parental employment and children's body weight: Mothers, others, and mechanisms
by Ziol-Guest, Kathleen M. & Dunifon, Rachel E. & Kalil, Ariel
- 60-68 Trajectories of growth in body mass index across childhood: Associations with maternal and paternal employment
by Morrissey, Taryn W.
- 69-76 Chaos as a social determinant of child health: Reciprocal associations?
by Kamp Dush, Claire M. & Schmeer, Kammi K. & Taylor, Miles
- 77-86 Turbulent times: Effects of turbulence and violence exposure in adolescence on high school completion, health risk behavior, and mental health in young adulthood
by Boynton-Jarrett, Renée & Hair, Elizabeth & Zuckerman, Barry
- 87-96 Spatial clusters of autism births and diagnoses point to contextual drivers of increased prevalence
by Mazumdar, Soumya & Winter, Alix & Liu, Ka-Yuet & Bearman, Peter
- 97-105 Neighborhood context and racial/ethnic differences in young children's obesity: Structural barriers to interventions
by Kimbro, Rachel Tolbert & Denney, Justin T.
- 106-114 Disentangling neighborhood contextual associations with child body mass index, diet, and physical activity: The role of built, socioeconomic, and social environments
by Carroll-Scott, Amy & Gilstad-Hayden, Kathryn & Rosenthal, Lisa & Peters, Susan M. & McCaslin, Catherine & Joyce, Rebecca & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 115-127 A systematic review of studies examining the relationship between reported racism and health and wellbeing for children and young people
by Priest, Naomi & Paradies, Yin & Trenerry, Brigid & Truong, Mandy & Karlsen, Saffron & Kelly, Yvonne
- 128-132 Prenatal attitudes and parity predict selection into a U.S. child health program: A short report
by Martin-Anderson, Sarah
2013, Volume 94, Issue C
- 1-8 Educational differences in disability-free life expectancy: a comparative study of long-standing activity limitation in eight European countries
by Mäki, Netta & Martikainen, Pekka & Eikemo, Terje & Menvielle, Gwenn & Lundberg, Olle & Östergren, Olof & Jasilionis, Domantas & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 9-16 Social exclusion, deprivation and child health: a spatial analysis of ambulatory care sensitive conditions in children aged 0–4 years in Victoria, Australia
by Butler, Danielle C. & Thurecht, Linc & Brown, Laurie & Konings, Paul
- 17-25 Gender, family status and physician labour supply
by Wang, Chao & Sweetman, Arthur
- 26-33 Streetscape greenery and health: Stress, social cohesion and physical activity as mediators
by de Vries, Sjerp & van Dillen, Sonja M.E. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Spreeuwenberg, Peter
- 34-42 From altruism to monetisation: Australian women's ideas about money, ethics and research eggs
by Waldby, Catherine & Kerridge, Ian & Boulos, Margaret & Carroll, Katherine
- 43-55 Do slums matter? Location and early childhood preventive care choices among urban residents of Bangladesh
by Heller, Lauren R.
- 56-62 Prioritizing treatment of rare diseases: A survey of preferences of Norwegian doctors
by Desser, Arna S.
- 63-70 Interacting institutional logics in general dental practice
by Harris, Rebecca & Holt, Robin
- 71-80 Divorce and changes in the prevalence of psychotropic medication use: A register-based longitudinal study among middle-aged Finns
by Metsä-Simola, Niina & Martikainen, Pekka
- 83-90 Does social participation improve self-rated health in the older population? A quasi-experimental intervention study
by Ichida, Yukinobu & Hirai, Hiroshi & Kondo, Katsunori & Kawachi, Ichiro & Takeda, Tokunori & Endo, Hideki
- 91-97 Housing affordability and mental health: Does the relationship differ for renters and home purchasers?
by Mason, Kate E. & Baker, Emma & Blakely, Tony & Bentley, Rebecca J.
- 98-105 Signalling, status and inequities in maternal healthcare use in Punjab, Pakistan
by Mumtaz, Zubia & Levay, Adrienne & Bhatti, Afshan & Salway, Sarah
- 106-114 “And I look down and he is gone”: Narrating autism, elopement and wandering in Los Angeles
by Solomon, Olga & Lawlor, Mary C.
2013, Volume 93, Issue C
- 1-10 Women's autonomy and husbands' involvement in maternal health care in Nepal
by Thapa, Deependra Kaji & Niehof, Anke
- 11-20 Exercise, physical activity, and exertion over the business cycle
by Colman, Gregory & Dave, Dhaval
- 21-28 Assessing health system performance: A model-based approach
by Gerring, John & Thacker, Strom C. & Enikolopov, Ruben & Arévalo, Julián & Maguire, Matthew
- 29-37 Intergenerational and socioeconomic gradients of child obesity
by Costa-Font, Joan & Gil, Joan
- 38-46 Realizing good care within a context of cross-cultural diversity: An ethical guideline for healthcare organizations in Flanders, Belgium
by Denier, Yvonne & Gastmans, Chris
- 47-54 Competing and coexisting logics in the changing field of English general medical practice
by McDonald, Ruth & Cheraghi-Sohi, Sudeh & Bayes, Sara & Morriss, Richard & Kai, Joe
- 55-63 Tensions around risks in pregnancy: A typology of women's experiences of surveillance medicine
by Hammer, Raphaël P. & Burton-Jeangros, Claudine
- 64-69 Drug use among sex workers in Hungary
by Móró, Levente & Simon, Katalin & Sárosi, Péter
- 70-77 Influence of neighbourhood ethnic density, diet and physical activity on ethnic differences in weight status: A study of 214,807 adults in Australia
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Feng, Xiaoqi & Croteau, Karen & Kolt, Gregory S.
- 78-85 Health workers' perceptions of access to care for children and pregnant women with precarious immigration status: Health as a right or a privilege?
by Vanthuyne, Karine & Meloni, Francesca & Ruiz-Casares, Monica & Rousseau, Cécile & Ricard-Guay, Alexandra
- 86-94 What matters to older people with assisted living needs? A phenomenological analysis of the use and non-use of telehealth and telecare
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Wherton, Joe & Sugarhood, Paul & Hinder, Sue & Procter, Rob & Stones, Rob
- 95-102 From laboratories to chambers of parliament and beyond: Producing bioethics in France and Romania
by Bretonnière, Sandrine
- 103-112 Health-related effects of welfare-to-work policies
by Ayala, Luis & Rodríguez, Magdalena
- 113-120 Cultural health capital and the interactional dynamics of patient-centered care
by Dubbin, Leslie A. & Chang, Jamie Suki & Shim, Janet K.
- 121-129 Rural-to-urban migrant adolescents in Guangzhou, China: Psychological health, victimization, and local and trans-local ties
by Cheung, Nicole W.T.
- 130-138 Trading off dietary choices, physical exercise and cardiovascular disease risks
by Grisolía, José M. & Longo, Alberto & Boeri, Marco & Hutchinson, George & Kee, Frank
- 139-146 Socioeconomic status, John Henryism and blood pressure among African-Americans in the Jackson Heart Study
by Subramanyam, Malavika A. & James, Sherman A. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Sarpong, Daniel & Sims, Mario & Taylor, Herman A. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 147-154 Travel time to maternity care and its effect on utilization in rural Ghana: A multilevel analysis
by Masters, Samuel H. & Burstein, Roy & Amofah, George & Abaogye, Patrick & Kumar, Santosh & Hanlon, Michael
- 155-162 The role of under-employment and unemployment in recent birth cohort effects in Australian suicide
by Page, Andrew & Milner, Allison & Morrell, Stephen & Taylor, Richard
- 166-175 Democratization and life expectancy in Europe, 1960–2008
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Hu, Yannan & Looman, Caspar W.N.
- 185-193 What are the components of complex interventions in healthcare? Theorizing approaches to parts, powers and the whole intervention
by Clark, Alexander M.
- 194-202 How complexity science can inform scale-up and spread in health care: Understanding the role of self-organization in variation across local contexts
by Lanham, Holly Jordan & Leykum, Luci K. & Taylor, Barbara S. & McCannon, C. Joseph & Lindberg, Curt & Lester, Richard T.
- 203-211 Innovation as emergence in healthcare: Unpacking change from within
by Essén, Anna & Lindblad, Staffan
- 212-219 Connections and consequences in complex systems: Insights from a case study of the emergence and local impact of crisis resolution and home treatment services
by Hannigan, Ben
- 220-228 Essential drugs policy in three rural counties in China: What does a complexity lens add?
by Xiao, Yue & Zhao, Kun & Bishai, David M. & Peters, David H.
- 229-237 Using complexity theory to analyse the organisational response to resurgent tuberculosis across London
by Trenholm, Susan & Ferlie, Ewan
- 238-246 Unraveling the complexities of disaster management: A framework for critical social infrastructure to promote population health and resilience
by O'Sullivan, Tracey L. & Kuziemsky, Craig E. & Toal-Sullivan, Darene & Corneil, Wayne
- 247-255 Modelling the social determinants of health and simulating short-term and long-term intervention impacts for the city of Toronto, Canada
by Mahamoud, Aziza & Roche, Brenda & Homer, Jack
2013, Volume 92, Issue C
- 1-8 Immigrant enclaves and obesity in preschool-aged children in Los Angeles County
by Nobari, Tabashir Z. & Wang, May-Choo & Chaparro, M. Pia & Crespi, Catherine M. & Koleilat, Maria & Whaley, Shannon E.
- 9-21 Conceptualising and measuring the well-being of people with psychosis: Systematic review and narrative synthesis
by Schrank, Beate & Bird, Victoria & Tylee, Andre & Coggins, Tony & Rashid, Tayyab & Slade, Mike
- 22-26 Socioeconomic differences in purchases of more vs. less healthy foods and beverages: Analysis of over 25,000 British households in 2010
by Pechey, Rachel & Jebb, Susan A. & Kelly, Michael P. & Almiron-Roig, Eva & Conde, Susana & Nakamura, Ryota & Shemilt, Ian & Suhrcke, Marc & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 27-34 AIDS treatment and mental health: Evidence from Uganda
by Okeke, Edward N. & Wagner, Glenn J.
- 35-42 Associations of occupational attributes and excessive drinking
by Barnes, Andrew J. & Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 43-52 “So they believe that if the baby is sick you must give drugs…” The importance of medicines in health-seeking behaviour for childhood illnesses in urban South Africa
by Friend-du Preez, Natalie & Cameron, Noël & Griffiths, Paula
- 53-60 Precursors to overnutrition: The effects of household market food expenditures on measures of body composition among Tsimane' adults in lowland Bolivia
by Rosinger, Asher & Tanner, Susan & Leonard, William R.
- 61-73 Health, policy and geography: Insights from a multi-level modelling approach
by Castelli, Adriana & Jacobs, Rowena & Goddard, Maria & Smith, Peter C.
- 74-82 Realising the transformative potential of healthcare partnerships: Insights from divergent literatures and contrasting cases in high- and low-income country contexts
by Aveling, Emma-Louise & Martin, Graham
- 83-91 Rethinking gender and mental health: A critical analysis of three propositions
by Hill, Terrence D. & Needham, Belinda L.
- 92-104 Estimating a WTP-based value of a QALY: The ‘chained’ approach
by Robinson, Angela & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Bacon, Philomena & Baker, Rachel & Pennington, Mark & Donaldson, Cam
- 105-113 Health consequences of the ‘Great Recession’ on the employed: Evidence from an industrial cohort in aluminum manufacturing
by Modrek, Sepideh & Cullen, Mark R.
- 114-123 Worker health is good for the economy: Union density and psychosocial safety climate as determinants of country differences in worker health and productivity in 31 European countries
by Dollard, Maureen F. & Neser, Daniel Y.
- 124-131 Accounting for fetal death: Vital statistics and the medicalization of pregnancy in the United States
by Fordyce, Lauren
2013, Volume 91, Issue C
- 1-9 Mother's social capital and child health in Indonesia
by Sujarwoto, Sujarwoto & Tampubolon, Gindo
- 10-14 How do you measure trust in the health system? A systematic review of the literature
by Ozawa, Sachiko & Sripad, Pooja
- 15-24 “Safe Going”: The influence of crime rates and perceived crime and safety on walking in deprived neighbourhoods
by Mason, Phil & Kearns, Ade & Livingston, Mark
- 25-31 Absolute and relative family affluence and psychosomatic symptoms in adolescents
by Elgar, Frank J. & De Clercq, Bart & Schnohr, Christina W. & Bird, Phillippa & Pickett, Kate E. & Torsheim, Torbjørn & Hofmann, Felix & Currie, Candace
- 32-38 Does inappropriate selectivity in information use relate to diagnostic errors and patient harm? The diagnosis of patients with dyspnea
by Zwaan, Laura & Thijs, Abel & Wagner, Cordula & Timmermans, Daniëlle R.M.
- 39-47 Perceived organizational justice as a predictor of long-term sickness absence due to diagnosed mental disorders: Results from the prospective longitudinal Finnish Public Sector Study
by Elovainio, Marko & Linna, Anne & Virtanen, Marianna & Oksanen, Tuula & Kivimäki, Mika & Pentti, Jaana & Vahtera, Jussi
- 48-57 The role of social geography on Lady Health Workers' mobility and effectiveness in Pakistan
by Mumtaz, Zubia & Salway, Sarah & Nykiforuk, Candace & Bhatti, Afshan & Ataullahjan, Anushka & Ayyalasomayajula, Bharati
- 58-66 Investigating the relationship between neighborhood poverty and mortality risk: A marginal structural modeling approach
by Do, D. Phuong & Wang, Lu & Elliott, Michael R.
- 67-75 Physical and emotional well-being and the balance of needed and received emotional support: Age differences in a daily diary study
by Wolff, Julia K. & Schmiedek, Florian & Brose, Annette & Lindenberger, Ulman
- 76-83 Criminal victimisation and health: Examining the relation in nine countries of the former Soviet Union
by Stickley, Andrew & Koyanagi, Ai & Roberts, Bayard & Rotman, David & McKee, Martin
- 84-93 A randomized controlled trial of combined exercise and psycho-education for low-SES women: Short- and long-term outcomes in the reduction of stress and depressive symptoms
by van der Waerden, Judith E.B. & Hoefnagels, Cees & Hosman, Clemens M.H. & Souren, Pierre M. & Jansen, Maria W.J.
- 94-100 The high price of debt: Household financial debt and its impact on mental and physical health
by Sweet, Elizabeth & Nandi, Arijit & Adam, Emma K. & McDade, Thomas W.
- 105-109 Using autoethnography to reclaim the ‘place of healing’ in mental health care
by Liggins, J. & Kearns, R.A. & Adams, P.J.
- 110-121 Creation of synthetic homogeneous neighbourhoods using zone design algorithms to explore relationships between asthma and deprivation in Strasbourg, France
by Sabel, C.E. & Kihal, W. & Bard, D. & Weber, C.
- 122-129 Creating ‘therapeutic landscapes’ for mental health carers in inpatient settings: A dynamic perspective on permeability and inclusivity
by Wood, Victoria J. & Curtis, Sarah E. & Gesler, Wil & Spencer, Ian H. & Close, Helen J. & Mason, James & Reilly, Joe G.
- 130-134 Is physical activity in natural environments better for mental health than physical activity in other environments?
by Mitchell, Richard
- 135-140 Woodland as working space: Where is the restorative green idyll?
by Bingley, Amanda
- 141-152 Reprint of: “I'm always entirely happy when I'm here!” Urban blue enhancing human health and well-being in Cologne and Düsseldorf, Germany
by Völker, Sebastian & Kistemann, Thomas
- 153-161 Youth, alcohol and place-based leisure behaviours: A study of two locations in England
by Townshend, Tim G.
- 162-167 The spatial and temporal development of binge drinking in England 2001–2009: An observational study
by Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham
- 168-177 Neighbourhood deprivation and adolescent self-esteem: Exploration of the ‘socio-economic equalisation in youth’ hypothesis in Britain and Canada
by Fagg, James H. & Curtis, Sarah E. & Cummins, Steven & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 178-185 Seasonal and locational variations in children's play: Implications for wellbeing
by Ergler, Christina R. & Kearns, Robin A. & Witten, Karen
- 186-193 The emotional overlay: Older person and carer perspectives on negotiating aging and care in rural Ontario
by Herron, Rachel V. & Skinner, Mark W.
- 194-201 The weather-stains of care: Interpreting the meaning of bad weather for front-line health care workers in rural long-term care
by Joseph, Gillian M. & Skinner, Mark W. & Yantzi, Nicole M.
- 202-209 Entitlement to concessionary public transport and wellbeing: A qualitative study of young people and older citizens in London, UK
by Jones, Alasdair & Goodman, Anna & Roberts, Helen & Steinbach, Rebecca & Green, Judith
- 210-218 Right to a healthy city? Examining the relationship between urban space and health inequity by Aboriginal youth artist-activists in Winnipeg
by Skinner, Emily & Masuda, Jeffrey R.
- 219-228 Aboriginal urbanization and rights in Canada: Examining implications for health
by Senese, Laura C. & Wilson, Kathi
- 229-237 Defying the odds: A mixed-methods study of health resilience in deprived areas of England
by Cairns-Nagi, Joanne Marie & Bambra, Clare
- 238-245 Deprived yet healthy: Neighbourhood-level resilience in New Zealand
by Pearson, Amber L. & Pearce, Jamie & Kingham, Simon
- 246-255 Expert knowledge sourcing for public health surveillance: National tsetse mapping in Uganda
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Garton, Kelly
2013, Volume 90, Issue C
- 1-10 Health insurance coverage within sibships: Prevalence of mixed coverage and associations with health care utilization
by Percheski, Christine & Bzostek, Sharon
- 11-23 A spatial analysis of community disadvantage and access to healthcare services in the U.S
by Archibald, Matthew E. & Putnam Rankin, Caddie
- 24-31 Socioeconomic inequalities and mental health problems in children and adolescents: A systematic review
by Reiss, Franziska
- 32-39 How healthcare provider talk with parents of children following severe traumatic brain injury is perceived in early acute care
by Roscigno, Cecelia I. & Savage, Teresa A. & Grant, Gerald & Philipsen, Gerry
- 40-48 Contextual factors and weight change over time: A comparison between U.S. Hispanics and other population sub-groups
by Ullmann, S. Heidi & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R.
- 49-55 Parsing the peanut panic: The social life of a contested food allergy epidemic
by Waggoner, Miranda R.
- 56-62 ‘It can do no harm’: Body maintenance and modification in alternative medicine acknowledged as a non risk health regimen
by Pedersen, Inge Kryger
- 63-71 “Your body is your business card”: Bodily capital and health authority in the fitness industry
by Hutson, David J.
2013, Volume 89, Issue C
- 1-7 Estimating the causal effect of alcohol consumption on well-being for a cross-section of 9 former Soviet Union countries
by Mentzakis, Emmanouil & Suhrcke, Marc & Roberts, Bayard & Murphy, Adrianna & McKee, Martin
- 8-15 Predictors of health behaviors after the economic downturn: A longitudinal study
by Macy, Jonathan T. & Chassin, Laurie & Presson, Clark C.
- 16-24 Race, gender, class, sexuality (RGCS) and hypertension
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 25-31 Horizontal equity and efficiency at primary health care facilities in rural Afghanistan: A seemingly unrelated regression approach
by Johns, Benjamin & Steinhardt, Laura & Walker, Damian G. & Peters, David H. & Bishai, David
- 32-38 Racial disparities in travel time to radiotherapy facilities in the Atlanta metropolitan area
by Peipins, Lucy A. & Graham, Shannon & Young, Randall & Lewis, Brian & Flanagan, Barry
- 39-44 The association between relative deprivation and self-rated health, depressive symptoms, and smoking behavior in Taiwan
by Kuo, Chun-Tung & Chiang, Tung-liang
- 45-52 Dividuality, masculine respectability and reputation: How masculinity affects men's uptake of HIV treatment in rural eastern Uganda
by Siu, Godfrey E. & Seeley, Janet & Wight, Daniel
- 53-61 Higher-status occupations and breast cancer: A life-course stress approach
by Pudrovska, Tetyana & Carr, Deborah & McFarland, Michael & Collins, Caitlyn
2013, Volume 88, Issue C
- 1-9 Illicit and prescription drug problems among urban Aboriginal adults in Canada: The role of traditional culture in protection and resilience
by Currie, Cheryl L. & Wild, T. Cameron & Schopflocher, Donald P. & Laing, Lory & Veugelers, Paul
- 10-17 The social and political lives of zoonotic disease models: Narratives, science and policy
by Leach, Melissa & Scoones, Ian
- 18-29 Work-related health risks in Europe: Are older workers more vulnerable?
by Jones, Melanie K. & Latreille, Paul L. & Sloane, Peter J. & Staneva, Anita V.
- 30-38 The importance of children's ADHD for parents' relationship stability and labor supply
by Kvist, Anette Primdal & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne
- 39-47 Use of hospital and long-term institutional care services in relation to proximity to death among older people in Finland
by Murphy, Michael & Martikainen, Pekka
- 48-55 The impact of a lay counselor led collaborative care intervention for common mental disorders in public and private primary care: A qualitative evaluation nested in the MANAS trial in Goa, India
by Shinde, Sachin & Andrew, Gracy & Bangash, Omer & Cohen, Alex & Kirkwood, Betty & Patel, Vikram
- 56-67 Culture, threat, and mental illness stigma: Identifying culture-specific threat among Chinese-American groups
by Yang, Lawrence H. & Purdie-Vaughns, Valerie & Kotabe, Hiroki & Link, Bruce G. & Saw, Anne & Wong, Gloria & Phelan, Jo C.
- 68-75 Making space for belonging: Critical reflections on the implementation of personalised adult social care under the veil of meaningful inclusion
by Power, Andrew
- 76-82 Ethnic density and area deprivation: Neighbourhood effects on Māori health and racial discrimination in Aotearoa/New Zealand
by Bécares, Laia & Cormack, Donna & Harris, Ricci
- 83-89 The contribution of attenuated selection in utero to small-for-gestational-age (SGA) among term African American male infants
by Goodman, Julia M. & Karasek, Deborah & Anderson, Elizabeth & Catalano, Ralph A.
- 90-97 Health impacts of pedestrian head-loading: A review of the evidence with particular reference to women and children in sub-Saharan Africa
by Porter, Gina & Hampshire, Kate & Dunn, Christine & Hall, Richard & Levesley, Martin & Burton, Kim & Robson, Steve & Abane, Albert & Blell, Mwenza & Panther, Julia
- 98-107 Is wealthier always healthier in poor countries? The health implications of income, inequality, poverty, and literacy in India
by Rajan, Keertichandra & Kennedy, Jonathan & King, Lawrence
- 108-115 Obesity, school obesity prevalence, and adolescent childbearing among U.S. young women
by Kane, Jennifer B. & Frisco, Michelle L.
2013, Volume 87, Issue C
- 1-8 “Eyes that don't see, heart that doesn't feel”: Coping with sex work in intimate relationships and its implications for HIV/STI prevention
by Syvertsen, Jennifer L. & Robertson, Angela M. & Rolón, María Luisa & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Martinez, Gustavo & Rangel, M. Gudelia & Strathdee, Steffanie A.
- 9-15 Standards and classification: A perspective on the ‘obesity epidemic’
by Nicholls, Stuart G.
- 16-22 How institutional change and individual researchers helped advance clinical guidelines in American health care
by Nigam, Amit
- 23-30 Interactive effects of social support and social conflict on medication adherence in multimorbid older adults
by Warner, Lisa M. & Schüz, Benjamin & Aiken, Leona & Ziegelmann, Jochen P. & Wurm, Susanne & Tesch-Römer, Clemens & Schwarzer, Ralf
- 31-38 The world as the new local clinic: A critical analysis of three discourses of global medical competency
by Martimianakis, Maria Athina (Tina) & Hafferty, Frederic W.
- 39-51 Family structure, victimization, and child mental health in a nationally representative sample
by Turner, Heather A. & Finkelhor, David & Hamby, Sherry L. & Shattuck, Anne
- 52-59 Becoming and remaining community health workers: Perspectives from Ethiopia and Mozambique
by Maes, Kenneth & Kalofonos, Ippolytos
- 60-67 Motivational interviewing within the different stages of change: An analysis of practice nurse-patient consultations aimed at promoting a healthier lifestyle
by Noordman, Janneke & de Vet, Emely & van der Weijden, Trudy & van Dulmen, Sandra
- 68-76 Resisting the colonization of the lifeworld? Immigrant patients' experiences with co-ethnic healthcare workers
by Lo, Ming-Cheng Miriam & Bahar, Roxana
- 77-83 Exploring tuberculosis by types of housing development
by Low, Chien-Tat & Lai, Poh-Chin & Tse, Wing-Sze Cindy & Tsui, Chung-Kan & Lee, Herman & Hui, Pak-Kwan
- 84-92 A new theory-based social classification in Japan and its validation using historically collected information
by Hiyoshi, Ayako & Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Shipley, Martin J. & Bartley, Mel & Brunner, Eric J.
- 93-98 The equalisation hypothesis and changes in geographical inequalities of age based mortality in England, 2002–2004 to 2008–2010
by Green, Mark A.
- 99-107 Combining work and family: Rewards or risks for children's mental health?
by Strazdins, Lyndall & OBrien, Léan V. & Lucas, Nina & Rodgers, Bryan
- 108-115 Associations among environmental supports, physical activity, and blood pressure in African-American adults in the PATH trial
by Coulon, Sandra M. & Wilson, Dawn K. & Egan, Brent M.
- 116-122 Can capabilities be self-reported? A think aloud study
by Al-Janabi, Hareth & Keeley, Thomas & Mitchell, Paul & Coast, Joanna
- 123-131 Racial attitudes, physician–patient talk time ratio, and adherence in racially discordant medical interactions
by Hagiwara, Nao & Penner, Louis A. & Gonzalez, Richard & Eggly, Susan & Dovidio, John F. & Gaertner, Samuel L. & West, Tessa & Albrecht, Terrance L.
- 132-137 Smoking initiation, continuation and prevalence in deprived urban areas compared to non-deprived urban areas in The Netherlands
by Kuipers, Mirte A.G. & Wingen, Marleen & Stronks, Karien & Kunst, Anton E.
- 138-146 “Never mind the logic, give me the numbers”: Former Australian health ministers' perspectives on the social determinants of health
by Baum, Frances E. & Laris, Paul & Fisher, Matthew & Newman, Lareen & MacDougall, Colin
- 147-154 The impact of social context on self-management in women living with HIV
by Webel, Allison R. & Cuca, Yvette & Okonsky, Jennifer G. & Asher, Alice K. & Kaihura, Alphoncina & Salata, Robert A.
- 155-167 “I'm afraid I have bad news for you…” Estimating the impact of different health impairments on subjective well-being
by Binder, Martin & Coad, Alex
- 168-175 The uses of ultrasonography in relation to foetal malformations in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
by Mirlesse, Véronique & Ville, Isabelle
- 185-193 Pathways from parental AIDS to child psychological, educational and sexual risk: Developing an empirically-based interactive theoretical model
by Cluver, Lucie & Orkin, Mark & Boyes, Mark E. & Sherr, Lorraine & Makasi, Daphne & Nikelo, Joy
2013, Volume 86, Issue C
- 1-8 Health consumption as work: The home pregnancy test as a domesticated health tool
by Childerhose, Janet E. & MacDonald, Margaret E.
- 9-16 Strong effects of home-based voluntary HIV counselling and testing on acceptance and equity: A cluster randomised trial in Zambia
by Fylkesnes, Knut & Sandøy, Ingvild Fossgard & Jürgensen, Marte & Chipimo, Peter J. & Mwangala, Sheila & Michelo, Charles
- 17-25 Prevalence and predictors of partner violence against women in the aftermath of war: A survey among couples in Northern Uganda
by Saile, Regina & Neuner, Frank & Ertl, Verena & Catani, Claudia
- 26-34 Does antenatal care matter in the use of skilled birth attendance in rural Africa: A multi-country analysis
by Adjiwanou, Vissého & LeGrand, Thomas
- 35-44 Peer effects in adolescent bodyweight: Evidence from rural China
by Loh, Chung-Ping A. & Li, Qiang
- 45-51 Juggling on a rollercoaster? Gains, loss and uncertainties in IVF patients' accounts of volunteering for a U.K. ‘egg sharing for research’ scheme
by Haimes, Erica
- 52-65 Donor conceived offspring conceive of the donor: The relevance of age, awareness, and family form
by Hertz, Rosanna & Nelson, Margaret K. & Kramer, Wendy
- 66-78 Understanding careseeking for child illness in sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic review and conceptual framework based on qualitative research of household recognition and response to child diarrhoea, pneumonia and malaria
by Colvin, Christopher J. & Smith, Helen J. & Swartz, Alison & Ahs, Jill W. & de Heer, Jodie & Opiyo, Newton & Kim, Julia C. & Marraccini, Toni & George, Asha
- 79-87 Consultation and illness behaviour in response to symptoms: A comparison of models from different disciplinary frameworks and suggestions for future research directions
by Wyke, Sally & Adamson, Joy & Dixon, Diane & Hunt, Kate
- 88-95 Social health insurance without corporate actors: Changes in self-regulation in Germany, Poland and Turkey
by Wendt, Claus & Agartan, Tuba I. & Kaminska, Monika Ewa
- 96-102 Social capital and depressive symptoms: The association of psychosocial and network dimensions of social capital with depressive symptoms in Montreal, Canada
by Bassett, Emma & Moore, Spencer
2013, Volume 85, Issue C
- 1-8 Socioeconomic status, health behavior, and leukocyte telomere length in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999–2002
by Needham, Belinda L. & Adler, Nancy & Gregorich, Steven & Rehkopf, David & Lin, Jue & Blackburn, Elizabeth H. & Epel, Elissa S.
- 9-17 ‘Faking til you make it’: Social capital accumulation of individuals on low incomes living in contrasting socio-economic neighbourhoods and its implications for health and wellbeing
by Browne-Yung, Kathryn & Ziersch, Anna & Baum, Fran
- 18-26 The relationship between five different measures of structural social capital, medical examination outcomes, and mortality
by Muennig, Peter & Cohen, Alison K. & Palmer, Aileen & Zhu, Wenyi
- 27-31 Cross-sectional study of ethnic differences in the utility of area deprivation measures to target socioeconomically deprived individuals
by Baker, Jessica & Mitchell, Richard & Pell, Jill
- 32-37 Individual-level social capital and self-rated health in Japan: An application of the Resource Generator
by Kobayashi, Tomoko & Kawachi, Ichiro & Iwase, Toshihide & Suzuki, Etsuji & Takao, Soshi
- 38-42 How effective has the essential health package been in improving priority setting in low income countries?
by Kapiriri, Lydia
- 43-49 Effects of neighborhood violence and perceptions of neighborhood safety on depressive symptoms of older adults
by Wilson-Genderson, Maureen & Pruchno, Rachel
- 50-58 Neighborhood disorder and telomeres: Connecting children's exposure to community level stress and cellular response
by Theall, Katherine P. & Brett, Zoë H. & Shirtcliff, Elizabeth A. & Dunn, Erin C. & Drury, Stacy S.
- 59-65 The impacts of health insurance on health care utilization among the older people in China
by Li, Xin & Zhang, Wei
- 66-73 Changing expectations concerning life-extending treatment: The relevance of opportunity cost
by Gill, Betty & Griffin, Barbara & Hesketh, Beryl
- 74-78 How do national guidelines frame clinical ethics practice? A comparative analysis of guidelines from the US, the UK, Canada and France
by Gaucher, Nathalie & Lantos, John & Payot, Antoine
- 79-86 Scientific decision-making and stakeholder consultations: The case of salt recommendations
by Timotijevic, Lada & Barnett, Julie & Brown, Kerry & Raats, Monique M. & Shepherd, Richard
- 87-92 Utilizing community health worker data for program management and evaluation: Systems for data quality assessments and baseline results from Rwanda
by Mitsunaga, Tisha & Hedt-Gauthier, Bethany & Ngizwenayo, Elias & Farmer, Didi Bertrand & Karamaga, Adolphe & Drobac, Peter & Basinga, Paulin & Hirschhorn, Lisa & Ngabo, Fidele & Mugeni, Cathy
- 93-102 Do different types of financial support after illness or injury affect socio-economic outcomes? A natural experiment in New Zealand
by McAllister, Susan & Derrett, Sarah & Audas, Rick & Herbison, Peter & Paul, Charlotte
- 103-111 Misrecognition of need: Women's experiences of and explanations for undergoing cesarean delivery
by Tully, Kristin P. & Ball, Helen L.
2013, Volume 84, Issue C
- 1-12 Health services use and lifestyle choices of Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians
by Whelan, Stephen & Wright, Donald J.
- 13-21 Neighbourhood social capital and adolescent self-reported wellbeing in New Zealand: A multilevel analysis
by Aminzadeh, Kaveh & Denny, Simon & Utter, Jennifer & Milfont, Taciano L. & Ameratunga, Shanthi & Teevale, Tasileta & Clark, Terryann