Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
2014, Volume 106, Issue C
- 143-150 Challenges of health measurement in studies of health disparities
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Chen, Patricia V.
- 151-158 ‘Safer environment interventions’: A qualitative synthesis of the experiences and perceptions of people who inject drugs
by McNeil, Ryan & Small, Will
- 159-167 The potential consequences of informal interpreting practices for assessment of patients in a South African psychiatric hospital
by Kilian, Sanja & Swartz, Leslie & Dowling, Tessa & Dlali, Mawande & Chiliza, Bonginkosi
- 168-176 Mindfulness meditation: Do-it-yourself medicalization of every moment
by Barker, Kristin K.
- 177-184 Long-term consequences of female genital mutilation in a European context: Self perceived health of FGM women compared to non-FGM women
by Andro, Armelle & Cambois, Emmanuelle & Lesclingand, Marie
- 185-193 Women's empowerment and generalized anxiety in Minya, Egypt
by Yount, Kathryn M. & Dijkerman, Sally & Zureick-Brown, Sarah & VanderEnde, Kristin E.
- 194-203 Valuing patients' experiences of healthcare processes: Towards broader applications of existing methods
by Ryan, Mandy & Kinghorn, Philip & Entwistle, Vikki A. & Francis, Jill J.
- 204-213 Barriers in access to healthcare in countries with different health systems. A cross-sectional study in municipalities of central Colombia and north-eastern Brazil
by Garcia-Subirats, Irene & Vargas, Ingrid & Mogollón-Pérez, Amparo Susana & De Paepe, Pierre & da Silva, Maria Rejane Ferreira & Unger, Jean Pierre & Vázquez, María Luisa
- 214-220 Sites of institutional racism in public health policy making in New Zealand
by Came, Heather
- 221-228 Victory for volunteerism? Scottish health board elections and participation in the welfare state
by Greer, Scott L. & Stewart, Ellen A. & Wilson, Iain & Donnelly, Peter D.
2014, Volume 105, Issue C
- 1-8 Cultural targeting and tailoring of shared decision making technology: A theoretical framework for improving the effectiveness of patient decision aids in culturally diverse groups
by Alden, Dana L. & Friend, John & Schapira, Marilyn & Stiggelbout, Anne
- 9-15 Neighbourhood social capital as a moderator between individual cognitions and sports behaviour among Dutch adolescents
by Prins, R.G. & Beenackers, M.A. & Boog, M.C. & Van Lenthe, F.J. & Brug, J. & Oenema, A.
- 16-21 Livestock production, animal source food intake, and young child growth: The role of gender for ensuring nutrition impacts
by Jin, Minchao & Iannotti, Lora L.
- 22-29 Reflections on informed choice in resource-poor settings: The case of infant feeding counselling in PMTCT programmes in Tanzania
by Våga, Bodil Bø & Moland, Karen Marie & Evjen-Olsen, Bjørg & Blystad, Astrid
- 30-37 Social capital, ideology, and health in the United States
by Herian, Mitchel N. & Tay, Louis & Hamm, Joseph A. & Diener, Ed
- 38-46 Do Sector Wide Approaches for health aid delivery lead to ‘donor-flight’? A comparison of 46 low-income countries
by Sweeney, Rohan & Mortimer, Duncan & Johnston, David W.
- 47-58 Social capital, mental health and biomarkers in Chile: Assessing the effects of social capital in a middle-income country
by Riumallo-Herl, Carlos Javier & Kawachi, Ichiro & Avendano, Mauricio
- 59-66 Hospitals as a ‘risk environment’: An ethno-epidemiological study of voluntary and involuntary discharge from hospital against medical advice among people who inject drugs
by McNeil, Ryan & Small, Will & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 67-75 Childhood peer status and the clustering of social, economic, and health-related circumstances in adulthood
by Almquist, Ylva B. & Brännström, Lars
- 76-83 “But we're not hypochondriacs”: The changing shape of gluten-free dieting and the contested illness experience
by Moore, Lauren Renée
- 84-92 Educated mothers, healthy infants. The impact of a school reform on the birth weight of Norwegian infants 1967–2005
by Grytten, Jostein & Skau, Irene & Sørensen, Rune J.
- 93-102 Using decision mapping to inform the development of a stated choice survey to elicit youth preferences for sexual and reproductive health and HIV services in rural Malawi
by Michaels-Igbokwe, Christine & Lagarde, Mylene & Cairns, John & Terris-Prestholt, Fern
- 103-111 Human rights violations and smoking status among South African adults enrolled in the South Africa Stress and Health (SASH) study
by Dutra, Lauren M. & Williams, David R. & Gupta, Jhumka & Kawachi, Ichiro & Okechukwu, Cassandra A.
- 112-121 The health financing transition: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence
by Fan, Victoria Y. & Savedoff, William D.
- 122-130 Childhood trauma and metabolic syndrome in men and women
by Lee, Chioun & Tsenkova, Vera & Carr, Deborah
- 131-139 Why are educated adults slim—Causation or selection?
by von Hippel, Paul T. & Lynch, Jamie L.
- 140-148 The effect of financial incentives on chlamydia testing rates: Evidence from a randomized experiment
by Dolan, Paul & Rudisill, Caroline
2014, Volume 104, Issue C
- 1-5 Term limits and the tobacco industry
by Apollonio, Dorie E. & Glantz, Stanton A. & Bero, Lisa A.
- 6-14 “I didn't think I could get out of the fucking park.” Gay men's retrospective accounts of neighborhood space, emerging sexuality and migrations
by Frye, Victoria & Egan, James E. & Tieu, Hong Van & Cerdá, Magdalena & Ompad, Danielle & Koblin, Beryl A.
- 15-22 Childhood family psychosocial environment and carotid intima media thickness: The CARDIA study
by Loucks, Eric B. & Taylor, Shelley E. & Polak, Joseph F. & Wilhelm, Aude & Kalra, Preety & Matthews, Karen A.
- 23-30 Relationships between the perceived neighborhood social environment and walking for transportation among older adults
by Van Cauwenberg, Jelle & De Donder, Liesbeth & Clarys, Peter & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Buffel, Tine & De Witte, Nico & Dury, Sarah & Verté, Dominique & Deforche, Benedicte
- 31-40 Comparing tailored and narrative worksite interventions at increasing colonoscopy adherence in adults 50–75: A randomized controlled trial
by Jensen, Jakob D. & King, Andy J. & Carcioppolo, Nick & Krakow, Melinda & Samadder, N. Jewel & Morgan, Susan
- 42-47 Of kin and kidneys: Do kinship networks contribute to racial disparities in living donor kidney transplantation?
by Daw, Jonathan
- 48-55 Fast, cheap, and out of control? Speculations and ethical concerns in the conduct of outsourced clinical trials in India
by Kamat, Vinay R.
- 56-63 Why don't clinicians adhere more consistently to guidelines for the Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI)?
by Lange, Siri & Mwisongo, Aziza & Mæstad, Ottar
- 64-73 The pathways from perceived discrimination to self-rated health: An investigation of the roles of distrust, social capital, and health behaviors
by Chen, Danhong & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 74-79 Food and nutrition security public initiatives from a human and socioeconomic development perspective: Mapping experiences within the 1996 World Food Summit signatories
by Aliaga, Marie Agnès & Chaves-Dos-Santos, Sandra Maria
- 80-87 Rewarding altruism: Addressing the issue of payments for volunteers in public health initiatives
by South, Jane & Purcell, Martin E. & Branney, Peter & Gamsu, Mark & White, Judy
- 88-97 How is post-industrial decline associated with the geography of physical activity? Evidence from the Health Survey for England
by Rind, Esther & Jones, Andy & Southall, Humphrey
- 98-106 What determines providers' stated preference for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria?
by Mangham-Jefferies, Lindsay & Hanson, Kara & Mbacham, Wilfred & Onwujekwe, Obinna & Wiseman, Virginia
- 107-115 Youth physical activity and the neighbourhood environment: Examining correlates and the role of neighbourhood definition
by van Loon, Josh & Frank, Lawrence D. & Nettlefold, Lindsay & Naylor, Patti-Jean
- 116-123 Constructing a trial as a personal lifestyle change project: Participants' experiences in a clinical study for nicotine vaccination
by Wolters, Anna & de Wert, Guido & van Schayck, Onno & Horstman, Klasien
- 124-132 Adolescents' perceptions of health from disadvantaged urban communities: Findings from the WAVE study
by Mmari, Kristin & Blum, Robert & Sonenstein, Freya & Marshall, Beth & Brahmbhatt, Heena & Venables, Emily & Delany-Moretlwe, Sinead & Lou, Chaohua & Gao, Ershang & Acharya, Rajib & Jejeebhoy, Shireen & Sangowawa, Adesola
- 133-141 Does childhood misfortune raise the risk of acute myocardial infarction in adulthood?
by Morton, Patricia M. & Mustillo, Sarah A. & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 142-147 Contextual determinants of US nursing home racial/ethnic diversity
by Davis, Jullet A. & Weech-Maldonado, Robert & Lapane, Kate L. & Laberge, Alex
- 148-156 The role of social capital in African–American women's use of mammography
by Dean, Lorraine & Subramanian, S.V. & Williams, David R. & Armstrong, Katrina & Charles, Camille Zubrinsky & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 157-162 Institutional ethical review and ethnographic research involving injection drug users: A case study
by Small, Will & Maher, Lisa & Kerr, Thomas
- 163-177 Racial disparities in self-rated health: Trends, explanatory factors, and the changing role of socio-demographics
by Beck, Audrey N. & Finch, Brian K. & Lin, Shih-Fan & Hummer, Robert A. & Masters, Ryan K.
- 178-186 Talking with text: Communication in therapist-led, live chat cancer support groups
by Stephen, Joanne & Collie, Kate & McLeod, Deborah & Rojubally, Adina & Fergus, Karen & Speca, Michael & Turner, Jill & Taylor-Brown, Jill & Sellick, Scott & Burrus, Kimberly & Elramly, Mai
- 187-193 Macroeconomic fluctuations and motorcycle fatalities in the U.S
by French, Michael T. & Gumus, Gulcin
- 194-200 Parenting with bipolar disorder: Coping with risk of mood disorders to children
by Peay, Holly Landrum & Rosenstein, Donald L. & Biesecker, Barbara Bowles
- 201-209 Health inequalities in Japan: The role of material, psychosocial, social relational and behavioural factors
by Hiyoshi, Ayako & Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Shipley, Martin J. & Brunner, Eric J.
- 210-219 Choose and Book: A sociological analysis of ‘resistance’ to an expert system
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Stones, Rob & Swinglehurst, Deborah
- 220-227 Violence as a public health problem: An ecological study of 169 countries
by Wolf, Achim & Gray, Ron & Fazel, Seena
2014, Volume 103, Issue C
- 7-14 Systemic racism and U.S. health care
by Feagin, Joe & Bennefield, Zinobia
- 15-23 Stigma, status, and population health
by Phelan, Jo C. & Lucas, Jeffrey W. & Ridgeway, Cecilia L. & Taylor, Catherine J.
- 24-32 Stigma power
by Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo
- 33-41 Structural stigma and all-cause mortality in sexual minority populations
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Bellatorre, Anna & Lee, Yeonjin & Finch, Brian K. & Muennig, Peter & Fiscella, Kevin
- 42-50 Structural racism and myocardial infarction in the United States
by Lukachko, Alicia & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Keyes, Katherine M.
- 51-59 Physiological stress response to loss of social influence and threats to masculinity
by Taylor, Catherine J.
- 60-66 Public attitudes regarding individual and structural discrimination: Two sides of the same coin?
by Angermeyer, Matthias C. & Matschinger, Herbert & Link, Bruce G. & Schomerus, Georg
- 67-75 The influence of structural stigma and rejection sensitivity on young sexual minority men's daily tobacco and alcohol use
by Pachankis, John E. & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Starks, Tyrel J.
- 76-83 Pathologizing poverty: New forms of diagnosis, disability, and structural stigma under welfare reform
by Hansen, Helena & Bourgois, Philippe & Drucker, Ernest
- 84-93 “What matters most:” A cultural mechanism moderating structural vulnerability and moral experience of mental illness stigma
by Yang, Lawrence H. & Chen, Fang-pei & Sia, Kathleen Janel & Lam, Jonathan & Lam, Katherine & Ngo, Hong & Lee, Sing & Kleinman, Arthur & Good, Byron
- 94-100 Self-regulatory processes underlying structural stigma and health
by Richman, Laura Smart & Lattanner, Micah R.
- 101-109 Intervening within and across levels: A multilevel approach to stigma and public health
by Cook, Jonathan E. & Purdie-Vaughns, Valerie & Meyer, Ilan H. & Busch, Justin T.A.
- 110-117 Competing perspectives on erasing the stigma of illness: What says the dodo bird?
by Corrigan, Patrick W. & Fong, Mandy W.M.
- 118-125 HIV prevention interventions to reduce sexual risk for African Americans: The influence of community-level stigma and psychological processes
by Reid, Allecia E. & Dovidio, John F. & Ballester, Estrellita & Johnson, Blair T.
- 126-133 Structural competency: Theorizing a new medical engagement with stigma and inequality
by Metzl, Jonathan M. & Hansen, Helena
2014, Volume 102, Issue C
- 1-9 Do flexible alcohol trading hours reduce violence? A theory-based natural experiment in alcohol policy
by Humphreys, David K. & Eisner, Manuel P.
- 10-17 Mobilising “vulnerability” in the public health response to pandemic influenza
by Stephenson, Niamh & Davis, Mark & Flowers, Paul & MacGregor, Casimir & Waller, Emily
- 18-25 The spread of ‘Post Abortion Syndrome’ as social diagnosis
by Kelly, Kimberly
- 26-32 Perceived Organizational Justice in Care Services: Creation and multi-sample validation of a measure
by Pérez-Arechaederra, Diana & Briones, Elena & Lind, Allan & García-Ortiz, Luis
- 33-40 Socioeconomic status and the incidence of child injuries in China
by Fang, Xiangming & Jing, Ruiwei & Zeng, Guang & Linnan, Huan Wan & Zhu, Xu & Linnan, Michael
- 41-48 Healthy migrant and salmon bias hypotheses: A study of health and internal migration in China
by Lu, Yao & Qin, Lijian
- 49-57 Treatment seeking and health financing in selected poor urban neighbourhoods in India, Indonesia and Thailand
by Seeberg, Jens & Pannarunothai, Supasit & Padmawati, Retna Siwi & Trisnantoro, Laksono & Barua, Nupur & Pandav, Chandrakant S.
- 58-68 Health capabilities and diabetes self-management: The impact of economic, social, and cultural resources
by Weaver, Robert R. & Lemonde, Manon & Payman, Naghmeh & Goodman, William M.
- 69-73 Pricing schemes for new drugs: A welfare analysis
by Levaggi, Rosella
- 74-82 Caregiving intensity and retirement status in Canada
by Jacobs, Josephine C. & Laporte, Audrey & Van Houtven, Courtney H. & Coyte, Peter C.
- 83-93 Quality of life instruments for economic evaluations in health and social care for older people: A systematic review
by Makai, Peter & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Stolk, Elly A. & Nieboer, Anna P.
- 94-102 The interaction of family background and personal education on depressive symptoms in later life
by Schaan, Barbara
- 103-110 Can mobile phones help control neglected tropical diseases? Experiences from Tanzania
by Madon, Shirin & Amaguru, Jackline Olanya & Malecela, Mwele Ntuli & Michael, Edwin
- 111-118 Informal caregivers' hopes and expectations of a referral to a memory clinic
by Morgan, Debra G. & Walls-Ingram, Sheena & Cammer, Allison & O'Connell, Megan E. & Crossley, Margaret & Bello-Haas, Vanina Dal & Forbes, Dorothy & Innes, Anthea & Kirk, Andrew & Stewart, Norma
- 119-128 Selling patients and other metaphors: A discourse analysis of the interpretive frames that shape emergency department admission handoffs
by Hilligoss, Brian
- 129-137 Does change in the neighborhood environment prevent obesity in older women?
by Michael, Yvonne L. & Nagel, Corey L. & Gold, Rachel & Hillier, Teresa A.
- 138-145 Governing healthcare: Finding meaning in a clinical practice guideline for the management of non-specific low back pain
by Wilson, Nicky & Pope, Catherine & Roberts, Lisa & Crouch, Robert
- 146-156 “She mixes her business”: HIV transmission and acquisition risks among female migrants in western Kenya
by Camlin, Carol S. & Kwena, Zachary A. & Dworkin, Shari L. & Cohen, Craig R. & Bukusi, Elizabeth A.
- 157-164 Implications for alcohol minimum unit pricing advocacy: What can we learn for public health from UK newsprint coverage of key claim-makers in the policy debate?
by Hilton, Shona & Wood, Karen & Patterson, Chris & Katikireddi, Srinivasa Vittal
- 165-173 Understanding motives for intravaginal practices amongst Tanzanian and Ugandan women at high risk of HIV infection: The embodiment of social and cultural norms and well-being
by Lees, Shelley & Zalwango, Flavia & Andrew, Bahati & Vandepitte, Judith & Seeley, Janet & Hayes, Richard J. & Francis, Suzanna C.
- 174-182 Income inequality and sexually transmitted in the United States: Who bears the burden?
by Harling, Guy & Subramanian, S.V. & Bärnighausen, Till & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 183-189 Assessing the population-level impact of vouchers on access to health facility delivery for women in Kenya
by Obare, Francis & Warren, Charlotte & Abuya, Timothy & Askew, Ian & Bellows, Ben
- 190-200 Health sector priority setting at meso-level in lower and middle income countries: Lessons learned, available options and suggested steps
by Hipgrave, David B. & Alderman, Katarzyna Bolsewicz & Anderson, Ian & Soto, Eliana Jimenez
2014, Volume 101, Issue C
- 1-8 The effect of belonging to an alcohol-proscribing religious group on the relationship between moderate alcohol consumption and mortality
by Hayward, R. David & Krause, Neal
- 9-17 Social capital and chronic post-traumatic stress disorder among survivors of the 2007 earthquake in Pisco, Peru
by Flores, Elaine C. & Carnero, Andres M. & Bayer, Angela M.
- 18-27 Can social capital help explain enrolment (or lack thereof) in community-based health insurance? Results of an exploratory mixed methods study from Senegal
by Mladovsky, Philipa & Soors, Werner & Ndiaye, Pascal & Ndiaye, Alfred & Criel, Bart
- 28-35 Effect of the Crisis Assistance Program on poverty transition for seriously ill people in South Korea: A quasi-experimental study
by Kim, Chang-O & Joung, Won Oh
- 36-46 Social inequality in infant mortality: What explains variation across low and middle income countries?
by Hajizadeh, Mohammad & Nandi, Arijit & Heymann, Jody
- 47-51 The failure of financial incentive? The seemingly inexorable rise of cesarean section
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Bradley & Lin, Chung-Liang
- 52-60 Socioeconomic inequalities in health after age 50: Are health risk behaviors to blame?
by Shaw, Benjamin A. & McGeever, Kelly & Vasquez, Elizabeth & Agahi, Neda & Fors, Stefan
- 61-69 Public social monitoring reports and their effect on a policy programme aimed at addressing the social determinants of health to improve health equity in New Zealand
by Pega, Frank & Valentine, Nicole B. & Matheson, Don & Rasanathan, Kumanan
- 70-77 National electronic health records and the digital disruption of moral orders
by Garrety, Karin & McLoughlin, Ian & Wilson, Rob & Zelle, Gregor & Martin, Mike
- 78-85 Against all odds? Understanding the emergence of accreditation of the Danish hospitals
by Triantafillou, Peter
- 86-93 Discussing dying in the diaspora: Attitudes towards advance care planning among first generation Dutch and Italian migrants in rural Australia
by Sinclair, Craig & Smith, Jessica & Toussaint, Yann & Auret, Kirsten
- 94-106 Do post-migration perceptions of social mobility matter for Latino immigrant health?
by Alcántara, Carmela & Chen, Chih-Nan & Alegría, Margarita
- 107-112 Teaching hospital performance: Towards a community of shared values?
by Mauro, Marianna & Cardamone, Emma & Cavallaro, Giusy & Minvielle, Etienne & Rania, Francesco & Sicotte, Claude & Trotta, Annarita
- 113-119 Exerting control and adapting to loss in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
by Foley, Geraldine & Timonen, Virpi & Hardiman, Orla
- 120-128 Creating the ‘dis-ease’ of high cholesterol: A sociology of diagnosis reception analysis
by Jovanovic, Maja
- 129-138 The long lasting effects of education on old age health: Evidence of gender differences
by Mazzonna, Fabrizio
- 139-147 From sickness to badness: The criminalization of HIV in Michigan
by Hoppe, Trevor
- 148-154 Short and long term improvements in quality of chronic care delivery predict program sustainability
by Cramm, Jane Murray & Nieboer, Anna Petra
- 155-165 The pharmaceuticalization of sexual risk: Vaccine development and the new politics of cancer prevention
by Mamo, Laura & Epstein, Steven
- 166-173 Death of a child and parental wellbeing in old age: Evidence from Taiwan
by Lee, Chioun & Glei, Dana A. & Weinstein, Maxine & Goldman, Noreen
2014, Volume 100, Issue C
- 1-11 The effect of children on depression in old age
by Kruk, Kai Eberhard & Reinhold, Steffen
- 12-20 Subjective financial well-being, income and health inequalities in mid and later life in Britain
by Arber, Sara & Fenn, Kirsty & Meadows, Robert
- 21-29 Physicians' perceptions of autonomy across practice types: Is autonomy in solo practice a myth?
by Lin, Katherine Y.
- 30-37 Child passenger safety laws in the United States, 1978–2010: Policy diffusion in the absence of strong federal intervention
by Bae, Jin Yung & Anderson, Evan & Silver, Diana & Macinko, James
- 38-45 Labor migration, externalities and ethics: Theorizing the meso-level determinants of HIV vulnerability
by Hirsch, Jennifer S.
- 46-53 Political contexts and maternal health policy: Insights from a comparison of south Indian states
by Smith, Stephanie L.
- 54-61 A fundamental cause approach to the study of disparities in lung cancer and pancreatic cancer mortality in the United States
by Rubin, Marcie S. & Clouston, Sean & Link, Bruce G.
- 62-71 The risk of unintended pregnancy among young women with mental health symptoms
by Hall, Kelli Stidham & Kusunoki, Yasamin & Gatny, Heather & Barber, Jennifer
- 72-83 Health sector demand-side financial incentives in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review on demand- and supply-side effects
by Gopalan, Saji S. & Mutasa, Ronald & Friedman, Jed & Das, Ashis
- 84-92 Household income and health problems during a period of labour-market change and widening income inequalities – A study among the Finnish population between 1987 and 2007
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero
- 93-98 Exploring personal interests of physicians in hospitals and specialty clinics
by Koelewijn, Wout T. & Ehrenhard, Michel L. & Groen, Aard J. & van Harten, Wim H.
- 99-106 Exploring the migration decisions of health workers and trainees from Africa: A meta-ethnographic synthesis
by Blacklock, C. & Ward, A.M. & Heneghan, C. & Thompson, M.
- 107-114 The effect of asset-based wealth inequality on problem drinking among rural Thai elders: A prospective population-based cohort study
by Jirapramukpitak, Tawanchai & Abas, Melanie & Tangchonlatip, Kanchana & Punpuing, Sureeporn
- 115-122 The effect of unpaid caregiving intensity on labour force participation: Results from a multinomial endogenous treatment model
by Nguyen, Ha Trong & Connelly, Luke Brian
- 123-132 Process evaluation of a problem solving intervention to prevent recurrent sickness absence in workers with common mental disorders
by Arends, Iris & Bültmann, Ute & Nielsen, Karina & van Rhenen, Willem & de Boer, Michiel R. & van der Klink, Jac J.L.
- 133-140 Cannabis careers revisited: Applying Howard S. Becker's theory to present-day cannabis use
by Järvinen, Margaretha & Ravn, Signe
- 141-147 Cognitive social capital and mental illness during economic crisis: A nationwide population-based study in Greece
by Economou, Marina & Madianos, Michael & Peppou, Lily Evangelia & Souliotis, Kyriakos & Patelakis, Athanasios & Stefanis, Costas
- 148-158 Modernization is associated with intensive breastfeeding patterns in the Bolivian Amazon
by Veile, Amanda & Martin, Melanie & McAllister, Lisa & Gurven, Michael
- 159-166 Medicalizing to demedicalize: Lactation consultants and the (de)medicalization of breastfeeding
by Torres, Jennifer M.C.
- 167-175 Social relationships and healthful dietary behaviour: Evidence from over-50s in the EPIC cohort, UK
by Conklin, Annalijn I. & Forouhi, Nita G. & Surtees, Paul & Khaw, Kay-Tee & Wareham, Nicholas J. & Monsivais, Pablo
2013, Volume 99, Issue C
- 1-8 Neighbourhood amenities and health: Examining the significance of a local park
by Plane, Jocelyn & Klodawsky, Fran
- 9-17 Political, cultural and economic foundations of primary care in Europe
by Kringos, Dionne S. & Boerma, Wienke G.W. & van der Zee, Jouke & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 18-26 Perceptions of susceptibility to pregnancy among U.S. women obtaining abortions
by Frohwirth, Lori & Moore, Ann M. & Maniaci, Renata
- 27-34 Subjective well-being and the measurement of quality in healthcare
by Lee, Henry & Vlaev, Ivo & King, Dominic & Mayer, Erik & Darzi, Ara & Dolan, Paul
- 35-41 Stakeholder perceptions of thoracic rapid tissue donation: An exploratory study
by McIntyre, Jessica & Pratt, Christie & Pentz, Rebecca D. & Haura, Eric B. & Quinn, Gwendolyn P.
- 42-48 Prospective study on the reciprocal relationship between intimate partner violence and depression among women in Korea
by Kim, Jinseok & Lee, Joohee
- 49-55 “I was pretty sure I had the 'flu”: Qualitative description of confirmed-influenza symptoms
by Jutel, Annemarie & Banister, Elizabeth
- 56-63 Neighborhood Hispanic composition and depressive symptoms among Mexican-descent residents of Texas City, Texas
by Shell, Alyssa Marie & Peek, M. Kristen & Eschbach, Karl
- 64-71 Making families: Organizational boundary work in US egg and sperm donation
by Johnson, Katherine M.
- 72-79 A matter of perception: Exploring the role of income satisfaction in the income–mortality relationship in German survey data 1995–2010
by Miething, Alexander
- 80-88 Between surveillance and subjectification: Professionals and the governance of quality and patient safety in English hospitals
by Martin, Graham P. & Leslie, Myles & Minion, Joel & Willars, Janet & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 89-101 “I'm thrilled that you see that”: Guiding parents to see success in interactions with children with deafness and autistic spectrum disorder
by Pilnick, Alison & James, Deborah
- 102-109 Dealing with moral dilemma raised by adaptive preferences in health technology assessment: The example of growth hormones and bilateral cochlear implants
by Thébaut, Clémence
- 110-115 Online and in-person health-seeking for infertility
by Slauson-Blevins, Kathleen S. & McQuillan, Julia & Greil, Arthur L.
- 119-126 A case for critical ethnography
by Fassin, Didier
- 127-134 On sitting and doing: Ethnography as action in global health
by Pigg, Stacy Leigh
- 135-142 India's “tryst” with universal health coverage: Reflections on ethnography in Indian health policymaking
by Nambiar, Devaki
- 143-152 Revolution as a care plan: Ethnography, nursing and somatic solidarity in Honduras
by Pine, Adrienne
- 153-161 “Is it worth risking your life?”: Ethnography, risk and death on the U.S.–Mexico border
by Holmes, Seth M.
- 162-168 The pill hustle: Risky pain management for a gunshot victim
by Lee, Jooyoung
- 169-175 Health discourse and within-group stigma in professional BDSM
by Lindemann, Danielle J.
- 176-186 The good-enough science-and-politics of anthropological collaboration with evidence-based clinical research: Four ethnographic case studies
by Messac, Luke & Ciccarone, Dan & Draine, Jeffrey & Bourgois, Philippe
- 187-193 Entangled ethnography: Imagining a future for young adults with learning disabilities
by Ginsburg, Faye & Rapp, Rayna
- 194-200 Weighing the evidence: Risks and benefits of participatory documentary in corporatized clinics
by Hansen, Helena
- 201-204 The murky middle ground – When ethnographers engage public health
by Hopper, Kim
2013, Volume 98, Issue C
- 1-7 Concurrent trajectories of BMI and mental health patterns in emerging adulthood
by Mumford, Elizabeth A. & Liu, Weiwei & Hair, Elizabeth C. & Yu, Tzy-Chyi
- 8-17 Immigrant health, place effect and regional disparities in Canada
by Wang, Lu & Hu, Wei
- 18-23 Finding the right interactional temperature: Do colder patients need more warmth in physician communication style?
by Cousin, Gaëtan & Schmid Mast, Marianne & Jaunin-Stalder, Nicole
- 24-28 Cross-national differences in the gender gap in subjective health in Europe: Does country-level gender equality matter?
by Dahlin, Johanna & Härkönen, Juho
- 29-36 Elective surgical patients' narratives of hospitalization: The co-construction of safety
by Doherty, Carole & Saunders, Mark N.K.
- 37-45 Metropolitan residential segregation and very preterm birth among African American and Mexican-origin women
by Britton, Marcus L. & Shin, Heeju
- 46-53 Does corruption undermine trust in health care? Results from public opinion polls in Croatia
by Radin, Dagmar
- 54-62 Effects of education on cognition at older ages: Evidence from China's Great Famine
by Huang, Wei & Zhou, Yi
- 63-70 Spousal influence on mammography screening: A life course perspective
by Missinne, Sarah & Colman, Elien & Bracke, Piet
- 71-78 Village characteristics and health of rural Chinese older adults: Examining the CHARLS Pilot Study of a rich and poor province
by Yeatts, Dale E. & Pei, Xiaomei & Cready, Cynthia M. & Shen, Yuying & Luo, Hao & Tan, Junxin
- 79-86 An exploratory study of knowledge brokering in hospital settings: Facilitating knowledge sharing and learning for patient safety?
by Waring, Justin & Currie, Graeme & Crompton, Amanda & Bishop, Simon
- 87-94 Service provision for autism in mainland China: Preliminary mapping of service pathways
by Sun, Xiang & Allison, Carrie & Auyeung, Bonnie & Matthews, Fiona E. & Baron-Cohen, Simon & Brayne, Carol
- 95-105 Technology identity: The role of sociotechnical representations in the adoption of medical devices
by Ulucanlar, S. & Faulkner, A. & Peirce, S. & Elwyn, G.
- 106-115 A mixed-method study of expert psychological evidence submitted for a cohort of asylum seekers undergoing refugee status determination in Australia
by Tay, Kuowei & Frommer, Naomi & Hunter, Jill & Silove, Derrick & Pearson, Linda & San Roque, Mehera & Redman, Ronnit & Bryant, Richard A. & Manicavasagar, Vijaya & Steel, Zachary
- 116-124 Does loneliness mediate the relation between social support and cognitive functioning in later life?
by Ellwardt, Lea & Aartsen, Marja & Deeg, Dorly & Steverink, Nardi
- 125-134 Social norms and attitudes linked to waterpipe use in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
by Afifi, Rima & Khalil, Joanna & Fouad, Fouad & Hammal, Fadi & Jarallah, Yara & Abu Farhat, Hala & Ayad, Maha & Nakkash, Rima
- 135-140 Caregiving appraisal in schizophrenia: A study from India
by Kate, Natasha & Grover, Sandeep & Kulhara, Parmanand & Nehra, Ritu
- 141-148 Moral mediation in interpreted health care consultations
by Seale, Clive & Rivas, Carol & Al-Sarraj, Hela & Webb, Sarah & Kelly, Moira
- 149-153 An assessment of economic measures used in menorrhagia: A systematic review
by Sanghera, Sabina & Frew, Emma & Kai, Joe & Gupta, Janesh & Elizabeth Roberts, Tracy
- 154-161 Inequalities in Croatian pupils' risk behaviors associated to socioeconomic environment at school and area level: A multilevel approach
by Pavic Simetin, Ivana & Kern, Josipa & Kuzman, Marina & Pförtner, Timo-Kolja
- 162-168 Using programme budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA) to set priorities: Reflections from a qualitative assessment in an English Primary Care Trust
by Goodwin, Elizabeth & Frew, Emma J.
- 169-178 Brain drain: Do economic conditions “push” doctors out of developing countries?
by Okeke, Edward N.
- 179-186 Social group memberships protect against future depression, alleviate depression symptoms and prevent depression relapse
by Cruwys, Tegan & Dingle, Genevieve A. & Haslam, Catherine & Haslam, S. Alexander & Jetten, Jolanda & Morton, Thomas A.
- 187-196 Operationalising the capability approach for outcome measurement in mental health research
by Simon, Judit & Anand, Paul & Gray, Alastair & Rugkåsa, Jorun & Yeeles, Ksenija & Burns, Tom
- 197-203 The impacts of marriage, cohabitation and dating relationships on weekly self-reported physical activity in Germany: A 19-year longitudinal study
by Rapp, Ingmar & Schneider, Björn
- 204-213 Potential effectiveness of anti-smoking advertisement types in ten low and middle income countries: Do demographics, smoking characteristics and cultural differences matter?
by Durkin, Sarah & Bayly, Megan & Cotter, Trish & Mullin, Sandra & Wakefield, Melanie
- 214-223 The effects of information, social and financial incentives on voluntary undirected blood donations: Evidence from a field experiment in Argentina
by Iajya, Victor & Lacetera, Nicola & Macis, Mario & Slonim, Robert
- 224-231 Ethics is for human subjects too: Participant perspectives on responsibility in health research
by Cox, Susan M. & McDonald, Michael
- 232-238 “Differently normal” and “normally different”: Negotiations of female embodiment in women's accounts of ‘atypical’ sex development
by Guntram, Lisa
- 239-246 The relationship between three stages of job change and long-term sickness absence
by Bernstrøm, Vilde Hoff
- 247-252 Do bonding and bridging social capital affect self-rated health, depressive mood and cognitive decline in older Japanese? A prospective cohort study
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Nishi, Mariko & Matsuo, Eri & Nofuji, Yu & Shimizu, Yumiko & Taniguchi, Yu & Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Shinkai, Shoji
- 253-259 Tobacco Road Finland – How did an accepted pleasure turn into an avoidable risk behaviour?
by Hakkarainen, Pekka
- 264-270 From bioethics to a sociology of bio-knowledge
by Petersen, Alan
- 271-277 Bioethics and religious bodies: Refusal of blood transfusions in Germany
by Rajtar, Małgorzata
- 278-285 Ethics and images of suffering bodies in humanitarian medicine
by Calain, Philippe
- 286-292 Bioethical ambition, political opportunity and the European governance of patenting: The case of human embryonic stem cell science
by Salter, Brian & Salter, Charlotte
- 293-300 From global bioethics to ethical governance of biomedical research collaborations
by Wahlberg, Ayo & Rehmann-Sutter, Christoph & Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret & Lu, Guangxiu & Döring, Ole & Cong, Yali & Laska-Formejster, Alicja & He, Jing & Chen, Haidan & Gottweis, Herbert & Rose, Nikolas
- 301-310 Resisting the seduction of “ethics creep”: Using Foucault to surface complexity and contradiction in research ethics review
by Guta, Adrian & Nixon, Stephanie A. & Wilson, Michael G.
- 311-318 Ethical review: Standardizing procedures and local shaping of ethical review practices
by Jaspers, Patricia & Houtepen, Rob & Horstman, Klasien
- 319-329 How organizational context affects bioethical decision-making: Pharmacists' management of gatekeeping processes in retail and hospital settings
by Chiarello, Elizabeth
- 330-339 Bioethics in practice: Addressing ethically sensitive requests in a Dutch fertility clinic
by Gerrits, Trudie & Reis, Ria & Braat, Didi, D.M. & Kremer, Jan, A.M. & Hardon, Anita, P.
- 340-344 Bioethics and power: Informed consent procedures in post-socialist Latvia
by Putniņa, Aivita
- 345-350 Human embryonic stem cell science and policy: The case of Iran
by Saniei, Mansooreh