Regional Science and Urban Economics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec
This journal used to be published by Elsevier under the name Regional and Urban Economics.
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Current editor: D.P McMillen
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Richard J. Arnott
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:regeco
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1998, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 199-211 Agglomeration economies: Are they exaggerated by industrial aggregation?
by Moomaw, Ronald L.
- 213-235 On the optimal policy of infrastructure provision across regions
by Takahashi, Takaaki
1998, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-20 Should transfer payments be indexed to local price levels?
by Glaeser, E. L.
- 21-49 The market for housing in Israel
by Bar-Nathan, Moshe & Beenstock, Michael & Haitovsky, Yoel
- 51-73 Community choice and local public services: A discrete choice approach
by Nechyba, Thomas J. & Strauss, Robert P.
- 75-90 An asymptotic foundation for logit models
by Jaibi, M. Raouf & ten Raa, Thijs
- 91-101 The additive structure of utility in discrete choice models
by Jaibi, M. Raouf & ten Raa, Thijs
- 103-122 A positive model of special district formation
by Austin, D. Andrew
- 123-133 Equilibrium production-location decisions under duopoly
by Hwang, Hong & Mai, Chao-Cheng & Shieh, Yeung-Nan
1997, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 581-581 Preface
by Quigley, John & Stahl, Konrad & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 583-612 Medium size cities
by Henderson, Vernon
- 613-641 The housing question in Japan
by Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu
- 643-670 Regional growth in postwar Japan
by Fujita, Masahisa & Tabuchi, Takatoshi
- 671-691 Economics and urban transportation policy in the United States
by Small, Kenneth A.
- 693-714 Spatial mismatch: An equilibrium analysis
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Martin, Richard W.
- 715-734 Infrastructure provision and international market share rivalry
by Conrad, Klaus & Seitz, Helmut
- 735-761 Microeconometric models of tourists' destination choice
by Eymann, Angelika & Ronning, Gerd
- 763-784 Efficient inequality: differential allocation in the local public sector
by Craig, Steven G. & Holsey, Cheryl M.
- 785-798 Unicity of the equilibrium in the unconstrained Hotelling model
by Lambertini, Luca
- 799-800 Reply to comments on 'Urban diversity and fiscal decentralization'
by Henderson, J. V. & Abdel-Rahman, H.
- 801-806 Comments on 'Urban diversity and fiscal decentralization'
by Duranton, Gilles
1997, Volume 27, Issue 4-5
- 343-343 Introduction
by Arnott, Richard
- 345-371 Efficient Nash equilibria in a federal economy with migration costs
by Myers, Gordon M. & Papageorgiou, Yorgos Y.
- 373-397 More on scale economies and cities
by Hochman, Oded
- 399-442 Structural stability and evolution of urban systems
by Fujita, Masahisa & Mori, Tomoya
- 443-474 Cities and growth: Theory and evidence from France and Japan
by Eaton, Jonathan & Eckstein, Zvi
- 475-496 The optimal taxation of interregionally mobile capital under uncertainty
by Chung, Soon Mok & Wilson, John Douglas
- 497-513 Housing wealth and the economy's adjustment to unanticipated shocks
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Pereira, Alfredo M.
- 515-546 A filtering model with steady-state housing
by Arnott, Richard J. & Braid, Ralph M.
- 547-580 Taxes and allowances in a dynamic equilibrium model of urban housing with a size--quality hierarchy
by Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard J.
1997, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 217-240 Information in road networks with multiple origin-destination pairs
by Emmerink, Richard H. M. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
- 241-260 A model of workplace and residence choice in two-worker households
by Freedman, Ora & Kern, Clifford R.
- 261-282 Spatial Cournot competition and agglomeration in a model of location choice
by Gupta, Barnali & Pal, Debashis & Sarkar, Jyotirmoy
- 283-296 Why oppose TDRs?: Transferable development rights can increase overall development
by Levinson, Arik
- 297-324 Effects of subcenter formation on urban spatial structure
by Zhang, Yang & Sasaki, Komei
- 325-342 Interpreting spatial economic structure: Feedback loops in the Indonesian interregional economy, 1980, 1985
by Sonis, Michael & Hewings, Geoffrey J. D. & Guo, Jiemin & Hulu, Edison
1997, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 113-116 Infrastructure, economic development, and public policy
by Crihfield, John B. & McGuire, Therese J.
- 117-138 Historical perspective on infrastructure and US economic development
by Cain, Louis P.
- 139-159 A fiscal federalism approach to infrastructure policy
by Hulten, Charles R. & Schwab, Robert M.
- 161-179 Are telecommunications facilities 'infrastructure?' If they are, so what?
by Crandall, Robert W.
- 181-197 Manufacturing technology centers as components of regional technology infrastructures
by Feller, Irwin
- 199-215 Central city infrastructure investment and suburban house values
by Haughwout, Andrew F.
1997, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-15 Occupational change, employer change, internal migration, and earnings
by Krieg, Randall G.
- 17-45 Regional income and secession: Center-periphery relations in emerging market economies
by Berkowitz, Daniel
- 47-65 Where will we put the garbage? Economic efficiency versus collective choice
by Meng-Hua Ye & Yezer, Anthony M. J.
- 67-86 Multi-outlet firms, competition and market segmentation strategies
by Thill, Jean-Claude
- 87-107 Particulate pollution trends in the United States
by Kahn, Matthew E.
1996, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 561-563 Introduction
by Ioannides, Yannis M.
- 565-590 Testing neoclassical convergence in regional incomes and earnings
by Carlino, Gerald A. & Mills, Leonard
- 591-612 Location, innovation and trade: The role of localization and nation-based externalities
by Dobkins, Linda Harris
- 613-643 The new urban landscape: Developers and edge cities
by Henderson, Vernon & Mitra, Arindam
- 645-669 Spatial agglomeration and endogenous growth
by Palivos, Theodore & Wang, Ping
- 671-695 Transport costs, intermediate goods, and localized growth
by Walz, Uwe
1996, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 465-480 Age, housing demand, and real house prices
by Green, Richard & Hendershott, Patric H.
- 481-504 Precommitment in a system of hierarchical governments
by Hoyt, William H. & Jensen, Richard A.
- 505-529 Information provision, flat and fine congestion tolling and the efficiency of road usage
by Verhoef, Erik T. & Emmerink, Richard H. M. & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
- 531-541 The effect of the bank regulatory environment on state economic activity
by Krol, Robert & Svorny, Shirley
- 543-555 Private sector versus public sector externalities
by Mansoorian, Arman & Myers, Gordon M.
- 557-559 Local economic development: Analysis and practice : John P. Blair, (Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA, 1995)
by Bartik, Timothy J.
1996, Volume 26, Issue 3-4
- 227-234 Introduction and overview
by Hendershott, Patric H.
- 235-261 The effect of income and collateral constraints on residential mortgage terminations
by Archer, Wayne R. & Ling, David C. & McGill, Gary A.
- 263-285 Mortgage default and low downpayment loans: The costs of public subsidy
by Deng, Yongheng & Quigley, John M. & Van Order, Robert & Mac, Freddie
- 287-311 Residential mobility and mortgages
by Chan, Sewin
- 313-336 House prices and home owner saving behavior
by Engelhardt, Gary V.
- 337-368 Should the stagnant homeownership rate be a source of concern?
by Green, Richard K.
- 369-386 Expectations, efficiency, and euphoria in the housing market
by Capozza, Dennis R. & Seguin, Paul J.
- 387-407 Housing price dynamics within a metropolitan area
by Case, Karl E. & Mayer, Christopher J.
- 409-431 In search of empirical evidence that links rent and user cost
by Blackley, Dixie M. & Follain, James R.
- 433-464 Risk-based capital standards and the riskiness of bank portfolios: Credit and factor risks
by Grenadier, Steven R. & Hall, Brian J.
1996, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 105-123 Scale economies, returns to variety, and the productivity of public infrastructure
by Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Lovely, Mary E.
- 125-143 Urban growth controls with resident landowners
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Lai, Fu-Chuan
- 145-170 Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches
by De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan
- 171-187 Urban structure with two coexisting and almost completely segregated populations: The case of East and West Jerusalem
by Alperovich, Gershon & Deutsch, Joseph
- 189-201 The effect of demographics on the Japanese housing market
by Ohtake, Fumio & Shintani, Mototsugu
- 203-226 Are municipalities Tieboutian clubs?
by Heikkila, Eric J.
1996, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-22 When do cities specialize in production?
by Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M.
- 23-50 Embodied technological progress, technology-related producer inputs, and regional factors in a firm-level model of growth
by Ke, Shanzi & Luger, Michael I.
- 51-75 Regional adjustment and wage flexibility in the European Union
by Abraham, Filip
- 77-104 Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence
by Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 685-704 Internalizing intergenerational externalities by regionalization
by Wellisch, Dietmar & Richter, Wolfram F.
- 705-726 Demographic shift, relative costs and the allocation of local public consumption in Norway
by Borge, Lars-Erik & Rattso, Jorn
- 727-738 Optimal retail lease contracts: the principal-agent approach
by Lee, Kangoh
- 739-757 The decision to 'bid for business': Municipal behavior in granting property tax abatements
by Anderson, John E. & Wassmer, Robert W.
- 759-784 Specification and estimation of the effect of ownership on the economic efficiency of the water utilities
by Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Harris, Thomas R. & Narayanan, Rangesan & Raffiee, Kambiz
1995, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 575-605 Comparative static analysis of open urban models with a full labor market and suburban employment
by Ross, Stephen & Yinger, John
- 607-630 Is public infrastructure productive? A metropolitan perspective using new capital stock estimates
by Crihfield, John B. & Panggabean, Martin P. H.
- 631-654 Contracting with costly tenants
by Hubert, Franz
- 655-673 Distribution of factor endowments and tax competition
by Hwang, Hae-shin & Choe, Byeongho
- 675-684 On the emergence of multinational corporations in developing economies: A note
by Beladi, Hamid & Kwan Choi, E.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 375-376 Preface
by Fujita, M. & Thisse, J. -F.
- 377-394 Regulation of commuter railways and spatial development
by Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu & Kiyono, Kazuharu
- 395-410 Optimal transportation policy with strategic locational choice
by Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Wildasin, David E.
- 411-425 Independent and joint provision of optional public services
by Tsukahara, Kenichi
- 427-434 An economic theory of urban growth control
by Sakashita, Noboru
- 435-460 Strategic growth controls
by Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C.
- 461-481 Proposal of a benefit incidence matrix for urban development projects
by Morisugi, Hisa & Ohno, Eiji
- 483-503 Evaluation of the shape of residential lots in land-readjustment projects
by Asami, Y.
- 505-528 When is the economy monocentric?: von Thunen and Chamberlin unified
by Fujita, Masahisa & Krugman, Paul
- 529-546 Toward a general-equilibrium theory of a core-periphery system of cities
by Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M. & Wang, Ping
- 547-573 Efficiency wages, involuntary unemployment and urban spatial structure
by Zenou, Yves & Smith, Tony E.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 249-260 Equilibrium with agglomeration economies
by Lindsey, John II & Pratt, John W. & Zeckhauser, Richard J.
- 261-278 The effect of anticipated transportation improvement on residential land values
by McDonald, John F. & Osuji, Clifford I.
- 279-296 Local income taxation: An externality, Pigouvian solution, and public policies
by Goodspeed, Timothy J.
- 297-322 Net wealth, marginal tax rates and the demand for home mortgage debt
by Jones, Lawrence D.
- 323-353 Bank structure and new business creation lessons from an earlier time
by Jackson, John E. & Thomas, Ann R.
- 355-372 Contracting with spatial externalities and agency problems The case of retail leases
by Miceli, Thomas J. & Sirmans, C. F.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 131-151 Infrastructure in a structural model of economic growth
by Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Schwartz, Amy Ellen
- 153-181 Will homeowners impose property taxes?
by Vernon Henderson, J.
- 183-210 Non-linear evolution of dynamic spatial systems. The relevance of chaos and ecologically-based models
by Nijkamp, Peter & Reggiani, Aura
- 211-222 The benefits of transport improvements in a city with efficient development control
by Sheppard, Stephen & Stover, Mark Edward
- 223-236 Uncertainty, liquidity, and housing choices
by Fu, Yuming
- 237-247 Rents and prices of housing across areas of the United States. A cross-section examination of the present value model
by Clark, Todd E.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-19 Expectations-driven spatial fluctuations
by Gali, Jordi
- 21-39 Moving behavior and the housing market
by Hardman, Anna M. & Ioannides, Yannis M.
- 41-58 Demography and the demand for housing A reinterpretation of the Mankiw-Weil demand variable
by Swan, Craig
- 59-73 Spatial price discrimination and location choice with non-uniform demands
by Cheung, Francis K. & Wang, Xinghe
- 75-83 Differentiation in a two-dimensional market
by Veendorp, E. C. H. & Majeed, Anjum
- 85-108 On the integrability problem in discrete spatial activity systems with site and network externalities
by Oppenheim, Norbert
- 109-123 Equilibrium with an underpopulated region and an overpopulated region
by Nakajima, Tetsuya
1994, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 661-686 Fiscal impacts of local population growth: A conceptual and empirical analysis
by Ladd, Helen F.
- 687-705 Marginal tax rates and state economic growth
by Mullen, John K. & Williams, Martin
- 707-722 Divergent regional development, factor mobility, and nontraded goods
by Premer, Matthias & Walz, Uwe
- 723-751 New highways as economic development tools: An evaluation using quasi-experimental matching methods
by Rephann, Terance & Isserman, Andrew
- 753-771 Development policies, rural land use, and tropical deforestation
by Jones, Donald W. & O'Neill, Robert V.
- 773-784 On a location theory under duopoly
by Mai, Chao-cheng & Hwang, Hong
- 785-789 Wage and employment adjustment in local labor markets : Randall W. Eberts and Joe A. Stone (W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 1992)
by Kniesner, Thomas J.
- 789-793 Wage flexibility and unemployment dynamics in regional labor markets : Thomas Hyclak and Geraint Johnes (W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 1992)
by Kniesner, Thomas J.
1994, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 529-542 Upstream monopoly, downsteam competition and spatial price discrimination
by Gupta, Barnali & Katz, Amoz & Pal, Debashis
- 543-563 Location and housing demand with endogenous consumption risk
by Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 565-576 Urban growth, externality and welfare
by Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S. H.
- 577-599 Estimating willingness-to-pay for housing attributes an application to Cairo and Manila
by Daniere, Amrita G.
- 601-630 The theory and estimation of endogenous zoning
by Pogodzinski, J. M. & Sass, Tim R.
- 631-647 Regional science: The state of the art
by Berliant, Marcus & ten Raa, Thijs
- 649-659 Regional economics: a state of an art
by Nijkamp, Peter
1994, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 409-440 Location distortions under incomplete information
by Boyer, Marcel & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Mahenc, Philippe & Moreaux, Michel
- 441-459 Population mobility and capital tax competition
by Burbidge, John B. & Myers, Gordon M.
- 461-484 Product differentiation and economic growth in a system of cities
by Ioannides, Yannis M.
- 485-496 Immiserizing growth with interregional externalities of public goods
by Ihori, Toshihiro
- 497-524 Economies of scope in intermediate goods and a system of cities
by Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M.
- 525-527 Sources of Metropolitan Growth : Edwin S. Mills and John F. McDonald, eds. (Center for Urban Policy Research, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 1992) pp. ix, 307, $29.95 (cloth)
by Margo, Robert A.
1994, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 287-300 Land assembly and urban renewal
by O'Flaherty, Brendan
- 301-322 Borrowing constraints and access to owner-occupied housing
by Duca, John V. & Rosenthal, Stuart S.
- 323-340 The efficient allocation of local public factors in Tiebout's tradition
by Richter, Wolfram F.
- 341-360 When is a move a migration?
by Zax, Jeffrey S.
- 361-371 Revised stochastic analysis of an input-output model
by ten Raa, Thijs & Steel, Mark F. J.
- 373-390 City formation with commitment
by Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C.
- 391-407 The city vs. firm subsidy game
by Oechssler, Jorg
1994, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 159-183 Community choice of revenue instruments
by Henderson, J. Vernon
- 185-205 Collective choice of price caps and freight absorption : A spatial approach to regulation
by Ye, Meng-Hua & Yezer, Anthony M. J.
- 207-227 Two-stage two-dimensional spatial competition between two firms
by Tabuchi, Takatoshi
- 229-252 Competitive delivered pricing and production
by Lederer, Phillip J.
- 253-263 Housing demand properties in the monocentric market form
by Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 265-272 Competitive spatial price discrimination with strictly convex production costs
by Gupta, Barnali
- 273-286 Capital, population and urban patterns
by Zhang, Wei-Bin
1994, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-1 Foreword
by Leontief, Wassily
- 3-25 On the methodology of input-output analysis
by ten Raa, Thijs
- 27-54 Practices in input-output table compilation
by Viet, Vu Quang
- 55-74 Analysis of multipliers in stochastic input-output models
by Jansen, Pieter S. M. Kop
- 75-92 Productivity measurement within an input-output framework
by Wolff, Edward N.
- 93-113 A key role for input-output analysis in policy design
by Baumol, William J. & Wolff, Edward N.
- 115-133 An equilibrium analysis of regional industrial diversification
by Gilchrist, Donald A. & St. Louis, Larry V.
- 135-158 Neoclassical input-output analysis
by ten Raa, Thijs & Mohnen, Pierre
1993, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 695-729 Communication technologies and spatial organization of multi-unit firms in metropolitan areas
by Ota, Mitsuru & Fujita, Masahisa
- 731-748 Industrial mix as a factor in the growth and variability of states' economies
by Garcia-Mila, Teresa & McGuire, Therese J.
- 749-763 Market domain and structure in regional manufacturing instability
by Silvers, Arthur L. & Tsuji, Karl S.
- 765-778 Consistent conjectural variations in a two-dimensional spatial market
by Scholer, Klaus
- 779-790 Monopsony and the production-location decision of the firm
by Mai, Chao-cheng & Suwanakul, Sontachai & Yeh, Chiou-nan
- 791-796 Transportation rates, market structure and the production-location decision : A note
by Cheng, Doris & Ding, Dau-Ming & Shieh, Yeung-Nan
1993, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 579-584 Ameliorating congestion by income redistribution
by Glazer, Amihai & Konrad, Kai A.
- 585-610 Existence of voting and housing equilibrium in a system of communities with property taxes
by Epple, Dennis & Filimon, Radu & Romer, Thomas
- 611-628 The effects of state personal income tax differentials on wages
by Wallace, Sally
- 629-643 Tariff effects in a spatial oligopoly with land markets and mobile consumers
by Heffley, Dennis & Hatzipanayotou, Panos
- 645-665 Tax abatement and tax rates in a system of overlapping revenue-maximizing governments
by Beck, John H.
- 667-679 On the decentralized provision of public goods with spillovers in the presence of household mobility
by Wellisch, Dietmar
- 681-694 Endogenous trade uncertainty : Why countries may specialize against comparative advantage
by van Marrewijk, Charles & van Bergeijk, Peter A. G.
1993, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 461-486 Relaxing spatial competition through product line choice (or vice versa)
by De Fraja, Giovanni
- 487-522 A land capitalization approach to the efficient provision of urban facilities
by Asami, Yasushi & Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 523-543 Entry deterrence, cost advantage and horizontal product differentiation
by Ziss, Steffen
- 545-557 Information, search, and house prices
by Turnbull, Geoffrey K. & Sirmans, C. F.
- 559-575 The impact of regional investment incentives on employment and productivity : Some Canadian evidence
by Daly, Michael & Gorman, Ian & Lenjosek, Gordon & MacNevin, Alex & Phiriyapreunt, Wannakan
1993, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 307-314 European regional economic integration : Introduction
by Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L. & Ginsberg, Ralph B.
- 315-335 Increasing returns and the shift from customs union to common market
by Grinols, Earl L.
- 337-354 Integration among unequals
by Rivera-Batiz, Luis A. & Xie, Danyang
- 355-367 Integration in goods and factors : The role of flows and revenue
by Kowalczyk, Carsten
- 369-399 Fiscal competition and interindustry trade
by Wildasin, David
- 401-425 European monetary union and central bank independence
by Fratianni, Michele & von Hagen, Jurgen
- 427-448 Cohesion in the European community : A key imperative for the 1990s?
by Begg, Iain & Mayes, David
- 449-453 The maze of urban housing markets: Theory, evidence, and policy : Jerome Rothenberg, George C. Galster, Richard V. Butler and John R. Pitkin (The University of Chicago Press, Chicago and London, 1991) pp. 549, $62.95 (hard cover)
by Rosenthal, Stuart S.
- 453-457 The migration of labor : Oded Stark, (Basil Blackwell, Oxford, 1991) pp. x+406
by Trejo, Stephen J.
1993, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 153-169 A general equilibrium simulation model of housing markets with indivisibility
by Luk, Fred K.
- 171-183 Tenants' search and vacancies in rental housing markets
by Read, Colin
- 185-209 State-specific estimates of state and local government capital
by Holtz-Eakin, Douglas
- 211-233 Does migration arbitrage regional labor market differentials?
by Gabriel, Stuart A. & Shack-Marquez, Janice & Wascher, William L.
- 235-257 Quality variations in the circular model of variety-differentiated products
by Economides, Nicholas
- 259-289 Spatial competition of firms in a two-dimensional bounded market
by Aoyagi, Masaki & Okabe, Atsuyuki
- 291-306 Agglomeration in a linear city with heterogeneous households
by Wang, Ping
1993, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-27 Equilibria and entry in two interdependent spatial markets
by Schmitt, Nicolas
- 29-50 Municipal bond rating analysis : Sample selectivity and simultaneous equations bias
by moon, Choon-Geol & Stotsky, Janet G.
- 51-65 Policy evaluation quality : A quasi-experimental study of regional employment subsidies in Sweden
by Bohm, Peter & Lind, Hans
- 67-84 Trade, factor mobility, and income distribution in a regional model with compensating wage differentials
by Bond, Eric