Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:marpol
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2010, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 1110-1114 Ignoring market failure in quota leasing?
by Pinkerton, Evelyn & Edwards, Danielle N.
- 1115-1116 The cost-benefit ledger of quota leasing
by Davidson, Arthur
2010, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 739-741 Introduction: Coping with global change in marine social-ecological systems
by Ian Perry, R. & Ommer, Rosemary E.
- 742-751 Building adaptive capacity to climate variability: The case of artisanal fisheries in the estuary of the Patos Lagoon, Brazil
by Kalikoski, Daniela C. & Quevedo Neto, Pedro & Almudi, Tiago
- 752-760 Migration, resource management and global change: Experiences from fishing communities in West and Central Africa
by Njock, Jean-Calvin & Westlund, Lena
- 761-771 Middlemen, a critical social-ecological link in coastal communities of Kenya and Zanzibar
by Crona, Beatrice & Nyström, Magnus & Folke, Carl & Jiddawi, Narriman
- 772-781 Balancing science and society through establishing indicators for integrated coastal zone management in the Balearic Islands
by Diedrich, A. & Tintoré, J. & Navinés, F.
- 782-794 Transdisciplinary co-operation for an ecosystem approach to fisheries: A case study from the South African sardine fishery
by Paterson, B. & Isaacs, M. & Hara, M. & Jarre, A. & Moloney, C.L.
- 795-802 Distribution of the burden of fisheries regulations in Europe: The north/south divide
by Hadjimichael, Maria & Edwards-Jones, Gareth & Kaiser, Michel J.
- 803-809 Fisheries development in northeastern Asia in conjunction with changes in climate and social systems
by Kim, Suam
- 810-814 Resilience to change in two coastal communities: Using the maximum dexterity fleet
by Pitcher, Tony J. & Ainsworth, Cameron H.
- 815-820 Where do fishmeal and fish oil products come from? An analysis of the conversion ratios in the global fishmeal industry
by Péron, Guillaume & François Mittaine, Jean & Le Gallic, Bertrand
2010, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 353-359 Fuel use and greenhouse gas emission implications of fisheries management: the case of the new england atlantic herring fishery
by Driscoll, John & Tyedmers, Peter
- 360-366 The Hogarth initiative on the future of the International Whaling Commission
by Iliff, Mike
- 367-374 The importance of estimating the contribution of the oceans to national economies
by Kildow, J.T. & McIlgorm, A.
- 375-383 Impacts of climate variability and change on fishery-based livelihoods
by Badjeck, Marie-Caroline & Allison, Edward H. & Halls, Ashley S. & Dulvy, Nicholas K.
- 384-388 The trade in live Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins from Solomon Islands--A CITES decision implementation case study
by Parsons, E.C.M. & Rose, N.A. & Telecky, T.M.
- 389-394 Wealth-based fisheries management and resource rent capture: An application to the Maldives marine fisheries
by Sinan, Hussain & Whitmarsh, David
- 395-405 An improved methodology to measure flag performance for the shipping industry
by Perepelkin, Mihail & Knapp, Sabine & Perepelkin, German & de Pooter, Michiel
- 406-413 Impacts of tuna industries on coastal communities in Pacific Island countries
by Barclay, Kate
- 414-420 'Whose science?' Precaution and power-play in European marine environmental decision-making
by De Santo, Elizabeth M.
- 421-430 Marine protected areas--substantiating their worth
by Glenn, H. & Wattage, P. & Mardle, S. & Rensburg, T. Van & Grehan, A. & Foley, N.
- 431-436 A rejoinder to E. Pinkerton et al., the elephant in the room: The hidden costs of leasing individual transferable fishing quotas
by Turris, Bruce R.
- 437-446 Tropical shrimp trawl fisheries: Fishers' knowledge of and attitudes about a doomed fishery
by Foster, S.J. & Vincent, A.C.J.
- 447-452 Limitations of 1992CLC/FC and enactment of the Special Law on M/V Hebei Spirit incident in Korea
by Cho, Dong-Oh
- 453-460 Reclaiming the ancestral waters of indigenous peoples in the Philippines: The Tagbanua experience with fishing rights and indigenous rights
by Capistrano, Robert Charles G.
- 461-467 Contemporary initiatives on the future of the International Whaling Commission
by Iliff, Mike
- 468-476 Aggregate performance in managing marine ecosystems of 53 maritime countries
by Alder, Jacqueline & Cullis-Suzuki, Sarika & Karpouzi, Vasiliki & Kaschner, Kristin & Mondoux, Suzanne & Swartz, Wilf & Trujillo, Pablo & Watson, Reg & Pauly, Daniel
- 477-486 Formalizing expert knowledge to compare alternative management plans: Sociological perspective to the future management of Baltic salmon stocks
by Haapasaari, Päivi & Karjalainen, Timo P.
- 487-494 The stamp of neoliberalism on the UK tonnage tax and the implications for British seafaring
by Gekara, Victor Oyaro
- 495-497 Subsidies to high seas bottom trawl fleets and the sustainability of deep-sea demersal fish stocks
by Sumaila, Ussif Rashid & Khan, Ahmed & Teh, Louise & Watson, Reg & Tyedmers, Peter & Pauly, Daniel
- 498-505 The U.K. Marine and Coastal Access Bill--A missed opportunity to enhance protection from marine environmental pollution?
by Mark Gauci, Gotthard
- 506-513 Estimation of fisheries removals and primary economic impact of the small-scale and industrial marine fisheries in Colombia
by Wielgus, Jeffrey & Zeller, Dirk & Caicedo-Herrera, Dalila & Sumaila, Rashid
- 514-521 Valuing the recovery of overexploited fish stocks in the context of existence and option values
by Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L.
- 522-533 The tower of Babel: Different perceptions and controversies on change and status of North Sea fish stocks in multi-stakeholder settings
by Verweij, M.C. & van Densen, W.L.T. & Mol, A.J.P.
- 534-540 Bringing stakeholders, scientists, and managers together through an integrated ecosystem assessment process
by deReynier, Yvonne L. & Levin, Phillip S. & Shoji, Noriko L.
- 541-548 Distant water fisheries development and vessel monitoring system implementation in Taiwan--History and driving forces
by Chang, Shui-Kai & Liu, Kun-Yu & Song, Yann-Huei
- 549-556 Strengthening regional governance to protect the marine environment in Northeast Asia: From a fragmented to an integrated approach
by Chung, Suh-Yong
- 557-566 Private rights, public benefits: Industry-driven seabed protection
by Helson, Jeremy & Leslie, Stefan & Clement, George & Wells, Richard & Wood, Ray
- 567-574 Challenging spatial and seasonal distribution of fish landings--The experiences from rural community quotas in Norway
by Hermansen, Øystein & Dreyer, Bent
- 575-582 Human resource management and competitive advantage: An application of resource-based view in the shipping industry
by Progoulaki, Maria & Theotokas, Ioannis
- 583-589 Fisheries observers as enforcement assets: Lessons from the North Pacific
by Porter, Read D.
- 590-597 The triangle of marine governance in the environmental governance of Dutch offshore platforms
by van Leeuwen, Judith & van Tatenhove, Jan
- 598-605 Coastal management challenges from a community perspective: The problem of 'stealth privatization' in a Canadian fishery
by Wiber, Melanie G. & Rudd, Murray A. & Pinkerton, Evelyn & Charles, Anthony T. & Bull, Arthur
- 606-615 Adaptation to climate change in marine capture fisheries
by Quentin Grafton, R.
- 616-623 Sustainable development consequences of European Union participation in Senegal's Marine Fishery
by Stilwell, Jonathan & Samba, Alassane & Failler, Pierre & Laloë, Francis
- 624-634 A fifty-year production and economic assessment of common property-based management of marine living common resources: A case study for the women divers communities in Jeju, South Korea
by Ko, Jae-Young & A. Jones, Glenn & Heo, Moon-Soo & Kang, Young-Su & Kang, Sang-Hyuck
- 635-644 A new typology of benefits derived from marine protected areas
by Angulo-Valdés, Jorge A. & Hatcher, Bruce G.
- 645-654 Stakeholder consultation during the planning phase of scientific programs
by Human, Brett A. & Davies, Amanda
- 655-662 Tangled lines in New Zealand's quota management system: The process of including recreational fisheries
by Borch, Trude
- 663-670 Global assessment of the European Union fishing fleet: An update
by Villasante, Sebastian
- 671-678 Sustainable development: Social outcomes of structural adjustments in a South Australian fishery
by Brooks, Kate
- 679-689 Introducing run-size driven fisheries management for the coastal fishery of Atlantic salmon: Preseason forecasts for policy makers
by Suuronen, Petri & Jounela, Pekka
- 690-698 Maintaining a balance between resource utilisation and protection of the marine environment in New Zealand
by Bess, Randall
- 699-707 Economic feasibility of using offshore oil and gas structures in the Gulf of Mexico for platform-based aquaculture
by Kaiser, Mark J. & Yu, Yunke & Snyder, Brian
- 708-709 Why ITQs on target species are inefficient at achieving ecosystem based fisheries management outcomes
by Gibbs, Mark T.
- 710-712 Where could catch shares prevent stock collapse?
by Diekert, Florian K. & Maria Eikeset, Anne & Stenseth, Nils Chr.
- 713-715 The implications of Arctic sea ice decline on shipping
by Ho, Joshua
- 716-719 A note on the economics of Swedish Baltic Sea fisheries
by Waldo, Staffan & Paulrud, Anton & Jonsson, Anna
- 720-722 Estimating the effects of technological efficiency on the European fishing fleet
by Villasante, Sebastian & Sumaila, Ussif Rashid
- 723-727 Current and future use of indicators for ecosystem based fisheries management
by Powers, Joseph E. & Monk, Melissa H.
- 728-732 Deep-sea mining of seafloor massive sulfides
by Hoagland, Porter & Beaulieu, Stace & Tivey, Maurice A. & Eggert, Roderick G. & German, Christopher & Glowka, Lyle & Lin, Jian
- 733-736 Decision bias in marine spatial planning of offshore wind farms: Problems of singular versus cumulative assessments of economic impacts on fisheries
by Berkenhagen, Jörg & Döring, Ralf & Fock, Heino O. & Kloppmann, Matthias H.F. & Pedersen, Søren A. & Schulze, Torsten
2010, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 197-207 Implementing marine reserve networks: A comparison of approaches in New South Wales (Australia) and New Zealand
by Banks, Simon A. & Skilleter, Greg A.
- 208-217 Commercial fishing, conservation and compatibility in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands
by Kittinger, John N. & Duin, Kristin N. & Wilcox, Bruce A.
- 218-227 Prawn postlarvae fishing in coastal Bangladesh: Challenges for sustainable livelihoods
by Ahmed, Nesar & Troell, Max & Allison, Edward H. & Muir, James F.
- 228-236 Illegal, unreported and unregulated fisheries catch in Raja Ampat Regency, Eastern Indonesia
by Varkey, Divya A. & Ainsworth, Cameron H. & Pitcher, Tony J. & Goram, Yohanis & Sumaila, Rashid
- 237-243 Fishermen responses on marine protected areas in the Baltic cod fishery
by Suuronen, Petri & Jounela, Pekka & Tschernij, Vesa
- 244-251 The value of recreational fishing in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia: A pooled revealed preference and contingent behaviour model
by Prayaga, Prabha & Rolfe, John & Stoeckl, Natalie
- 252-260 Scientific advice in integrated ocean management: The process towards the Barents Sea plan
by Knol, Maaike
- 261-267 Self-governance within a QMS framework--The evolution of self-governance in the New Zealand Bluff oyster fishery
by Yang, Yu Wen & Frazer, Allen & Rees, Eugene
- 268-275 Fisheries policy, research and the social sciences in Europe: Challenges for the 21st century
by Symes, David & Hoefnagel, Ellen
- 276-292 EAF implementation in Southern Africa: Lessons learnt
by Paterson, Barbara & Petersen, Samantha L.
- 293-297 Habitat mapping of the Atlantic bluefin tuna derived from satellite data: Its potential as a tool for the sustainable management of pelagic fisheries
by Druon, Jean-Noël
- 298-308 Ecosystem-based fisheries management in small-scale tropical marine fisheries: Emerging models of governance arrangements in the Philippines
by Pomeroy, Robert & Garces, Len & Pido, Michael & Silvestre, Geronimo
- 309-319 Mapping human dimensions in marine spatial planning and management: An example from Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island
by Dalton, Tracey & Thompson, Robert & Jin, Di
- 320-327 Conflict of interest in research on anthropogenic noise and marine mammals: Does funding bias conclusions?
by Wade, Lucie & Whitehead, Hal & Weilgart, Linda
- 328-339 The unintended consequences of formal fisheries policies: Social disparities and resource overuse in a major fishing community in the Gulf of California, Mexico
by Cinti, A. & Shaw, W. & Cudney-Bueno, R. & Rojo, M.
- 340-348 The many faces of ecosystem-based management: Making the process work today in real places
by Tallis, Heather & Levin, Phillip S. & Ruckelshaus, Mary & Lester, Sarah E. & McLeod, Karen L. & Fluharty, David L. & Halpern, Benjamin S.
- 349-351 Maritime safety for fishing boat operations and avoidable hijacking in Taiwan
by Shih, Yi-Che & Chou, Chiu L. & Chiau, Wen-Yan
2010, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-6 Towards a 'new form of governance' in science-policy relations in the European Maritime Policy
by Fritz, Jan-Stefan
- 7-21 Rational noncompliance and the liquidation of Northeast groundfish resources
by King, Dennis M. & Sutinen, Jon G.
- 22-28 Differences in livelihoods, socioeconomic characteristics, and knowledge about the sea between fishers and non-fishers living near and far from marine parks on the Kenyan coast
by Cinner, J.E. & McClanahan, T.R. & Wamukota, A.
- 29-35 Generating the evidence for marine fisheries policy and management
by Holmes, John & Lock, John
- 36-41 Venue shifts and policy change in EU fisheries policy
by Princen, Sebastiaan
- 42-53 The economics of ending Canada's commercial harp seal hunt
by Livernois, John
- 54-62 From community-based to centralised national management--A wrong turning for the governance of the marine protected area in Apo Island, Philippines?
by Hind, E.J. & Hiponia, M.C. & Gray, T.S.
- 63-69 User fees as sustainable financing mechanisms for marine protected areas: An application to the Bonaire National Marine Park
by Thur, Steven M.
- 70-76 Fishing capacity management in Taiwan: Experiences and prospects
by Huang, Hsiang-Wen & Chuang, Ching-Ta
- 77-84 Fishing institutions: Addressing regulative, normative and cultural-cognitive elements to enhance fisheries management
by de la Torre-Castro, Maricela & Lindström, Lars
- 85-91 A collective approach to Pacific islands fisheries management: Moving beyond regional agreements
by Hanich, Quentin & Teo, Feleti & Tsamenyi, Martin
- 92-98 Banking on cod: Exploring economic incentives for recovering Grand Banks and North Sea cod fisheries
by Davies, R.W.D. & Rangeley, R.
- 99-104 Policy implications of protected area discourse in the Pacific islands
by Bartlett, C.Y. & Maltali, T. & Petro, G. & Valentine, P.
- 105-113 Tuna dreams and tuna realities: Defining the term "maximising economic returns from the tuna fisheries" in six Pacific Island states
by Parris, Hannah
- 114-119 Accounting for indirect effects and non-commensurate values in ecosystem based fishery management (EBFM)
by Richerson, Kate & Levin, Phillip S. & Mangel, Marc
- 120-132 Artisanal fishing in Andalusia (and III): "The Day After..."
by Piniella, Francisco & Soriguer, Milagrosa Casimiro & Pastoriza, Francisco
- 133-138 A tenuous triumvirate: The role of independent biologists in Chile's co-management regime for shellfish
by Schumann, Sarah
- 139-144 Citation analysis for the 1995 FAO Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries
by Parker, Joan & Doulman, David & Collins, Jean
- 145-149 Sea turtle bycatch to fish catch ratios for differentiating Hawaii longline-caught seafood products
by Bartram, Paul K. & John Kaneko, J. & Kucey-Nakamura, Katrina
- 150-155 Factors influencing participation of 'top-down but voluntary' fishery management--Empirical evidence from Taiwan
by Chen, Chung-Ling
- 156-162 Economic tradeoffs in the Gulf of Maine ecosystem: Herring and whale-watching
by Lee, Min-Yang
- 163-169 Community involvement in fisheries management: Experiences in the Gulf of Thailand countries
by Nasuchon, Nopparat & Charles, Anthony
- 170-177 How will climate change alter fishery governance[glottal stop] Insights from seven international case studies
by McIlgorm, Alistair & Hanna, Susan & Knapp, Gunnar & Le Floc'H, Pascal & Millerd, Frank & Pan, Minling
- 178-181 Ecosystem-based management institutional design: Balance between federal, state, and local governments within the Gulf of Mexico Alliance
by Carollo, Cristina & Reed, Dave J.
- 182-188 Dysfunctions in common fishing regulations
by González Laxe, Fernando
- 189-192 Fisheries traffic: The poor relation of port devolution. Lessons from Spanish state ports of general interest
by Castillo-Manzano, José I. & Florido-Del-Corral, David & Lopez-Valpuesta, Lourdes
- 193-196 Pretty Good Yield and exploited fishes
by Hilborn, Ray
2009, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 869-870 Coastal research and policy integration in northwest Europe. The COREPOINT project
by Cooper, J.A.G. & Cummins, V.
- 871-877 Integrated management of marine biodiversity in Europe: Perspectives from ICZM and the evolving EU Maritime Policy framework
by Queffelec, Betty & Cummins, Valerie & Bailly, Denis
- 878-886 Designation of marine protected areas in Belgium: A legal and ecological success?
by Bogaert, Dirk & Cliquet, An & Maes, Frank
- 887-900 Landscape-scale analysis of ecosystem risk and returns: A new tool for ICZM
by Hills, Jeremy & Carlisle, Margaret & Le Tissier, Martin & Muir, David & Robinson, Caroline
- 901-911 The role of research networks for science-policy collaboration in coastal areas
by Stojanovic, T.A. & Ball, I. & Ballinger, R.C. & Lymbery, G. & Dodds, W.
- 912-922 Coastal governance in North West Europe: An assessment of approaches to the European stocktake
by O'Hagan, A.M. & Ballinger, R.
- 923-929 Practice versus policy-led coastal defence management
by O'Connor, M.C. & Lymbery, G. & Cooper, J.A.G. & Gault, J. & McKenna, J.
- 930-937 Assessment of recreation activity and its application to integrated management and spatial planning for Cork Harbour, Ireland
by O'Mahony, Cathal & Gault, Jeremy & Cummins, Val & Köpke, Kathrin & O'Suilleabhain, Darragh
2009, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 737-743 Crossing the divide: The challenges of designing an ecologically coherent and representative network of MPAs for the UK
by Jones, P.J.S. & Carpenter, A.
- 744-749 Harbour porpoise (Phocoena phocoena) conservation management: A dimensional approach
by Jenkins, Rhian E. & Brown, Raymond D.H. & Phillips, Michael R.
- 750-758 Stakeholder objective preferences in Australian Commonwealth managed fisheries
by Pascoe, Sean & Proctor, Wendy & Wilcox, Chris & Innes, James & Rochester, Wayne & Dowling, Natalie
- 759-765 Equity, justice and power issues raised by no-take marine protected area proposals
by Jones, P.J.S.
- 766-774 Designing ITQ programs for commercial recreational fishing
by Abbott, Joshua & Maharaj, Vishwanie & Wilen, James E.
- 775-783 Whaling and its controversies: Examining the attitudes of Japan's youth
by Bowett, Julia & Hay, Pete
- 784-793 Understanding divergent perspectives in marine governance in Kenya
by Evans, Louisa S.
- 794-800 Systematic marine conservation planning in data-poor regions: Socioeconomic data is essential
by Ban, Natalie C. & Hansen, Gretchen J.A. & Jones, Michael & Vincent, Amanda C.J.
- 801-806 Marine ecosystem-based management in the Southern Cone of South America: Stakeholder perceptions and lessons for implementation
by Gelcich, Stefan & Defeo, Omar & Iribarne, Oscar & Del Carpio, Graciano & DuBois, Random & Horta, Sebastian & Pablo Isacch, Juan & Godoy, Natalio & Coayla Peñaloza, Pastor & Carlos Castilla, Juan
- 807-817 An overview of socio-economic and ecological perspectives of Fiji's inshore reef fisheries
by Teh, Lydia C.L. & Teh, Louise S.L. & Starkhouse, Ben & Rashid Sumaila, U.
- 818-825 Performance of community-based coastal resource management (CBCRM) programs in the Philippines: A meta-analysis
by Maliao, Ronald J. & Pomeroy, Robert S. & Turingan, Ralph G.
- 826-846 Does ratification matter and do major conventions improve safety and decrease pollution in shipping?
by Knapp, Sabine & Franses, Philip Hans
- 847-859 Evidence on target factors used for port state control inspections
by Cariou, Pierre & Mejia, Maximo Q. & Wolff, Francois-Charles
- 860-867 Capacity and economic efficiency in small-scale fisheries: Evidence from the Mediterranean Sea
by Idda, Lorenzo & Madau, Fabio A. & Pulina, Pietro
2009, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 537-543 From community-based to co-management: Improvement or deterioration in fisheries governance in the Cherai Poyil fishery in the Cochin Estuary, Kerala, India?
by Thomson, Kaleekal & Gray, Tim
- 544-552 The impact of artisanal fishing on coral reef fish health in Hat Thai Mueang, Phang-nga Province, Southern Thailand
by Jones, Estelle & Gray, Tim & Umponstira, Chanin
- 553-560 Fisheries and coastal governance as a wicked problem
by Jentoft, Svein & Chuenpagdee, Ratana
- 561-570 The restoration of fishing services and the conveyance of risk information in the Southern California Bight
by Breffle, William S. & Maroney, Kristen K.
- 571-590 Mapping fisheries in the German exclusive economic zone with special reference to offshore Natura 2000 sites
by Pedersen, Søren Anker & Fock, Heino O. & Sell, Anne F.
- 591-598 Low-cost port competitiveness index: Implementation in the Spanish port system
by Castillo-Manzano, José I. & Castro-Nuño, Mercedes & Laxe, Fernando González & López-Valpuesta, Lourdes & Teresa Arévalo-Quijada, M.
- 599-605 Challenges in developing China's marine protected area system
by Qiu, Wanfei & Wang, Bin & Jones, Peter J.S. & Axmacher, Jan C.
- 606-612 Improving market access for salmon through free trade agreements: The role of interests and institutional frameworks
by Elvestad, Christel
- 613-623 Assessing prospects for shrimp culture in the Indian Sundarbans: A combined simulation modelling and choice experiment approach
by Knowler, D. & Philcox, N. & Nathan, S. & Delamare, W. & Haider, W. & Gupta, K.
- 624-634 Geopolitical factors of maritime policies and marine spatial planning: State, regions, and geographical planning scope
by Suárez de Vivero, Juan L. & Rodríguez Mateos, Juan C. & Florido del Corral, David
- 635-642 Strategic priorities for assessing ecological impacts of marine renewable energy devices in the Pentland Firth (Scotland, UK)
by Shields, Mark A. & Dillon, Lora Jane & Woolf, David K. & Ford, Alex T.
- 643-650 Predicting tsunami arrivals: Estimates and policy implications
by Zhang, Dao Hua & Yip, Tsz Leung & Ng, Chiu-On
- 651-653 The importance of data discovery and management in advancing ecosystem-based management
by Carollo, Cristina & Reed, Dave J. & Ogden, John C. & Palandro, David
- 654-660 The emergence and effectiveness of the Marine Stewardship Council
by Gulbrandsen, Lars H.
- 661-672 Defining and estimating global marine fisheries bycatch
by Davies, R.W.D. & Cripps, S.J. & Nickson, A. & Porter, G.
- 673-678 Marine reserve phenomenon in the Pacific islands
by Bartlett, C.Y. & Pakoa, K. & Manua, C.
- 679-684 Analysis of accidents in Greek shipping during the pre- and post-ISM period
by Tzannatos, Ernestos & Kokotos, Dimitris
- 685-697 Overview, roles, and performance of the North East Atlantic fisheries commission (NEAFC)
by Bjørndal, Trond
- 698-706 An ecosystem-based framework for governance and management of maritime cultural heritage in the USA
by Claesson, Stefan
- 707-713 The elephant in the room: The hidden costs of leasing individual transferable fishing quotas
by Pinkerton, Evelyn & Edwards, Danielle N.
- 714-719 Ex ante evaluation of the costs and benefits of individual transferable quotas: A case-study of seven Australian commonwealth fisheries
by Grafton, R.Q. & McIlgorm, A.
- 720-725 Education for sustainable development for Tokyo Bay: Developing a practice framework of university-based coastal ESD
by Kawabe, Midori & Kohno, Hiroshi & Ishimaru, Takashi & Baba, Osamu & Horimoto, Naho & Ikeda, Reiko & Kanda, Jota & Kudo, Takafumi & Matsuyama, Masaji & Moteki, Masato & Oshima, Yayoi & Sasaki, Tsuyoshi
- 726-732 EU marine policy on the move: The tension between fisheries and maritime policy
by van Hoof, L. & van Tatenhove, J.
- 733-735 Recovering after a maritime terrorist attack: The APEC Trade Recovery Programme
by Ho, Joshua
2009, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 435-451 A review of marine mammal, sea turtle and seabird bycatch in USA fisheries and the role of policy in shaping management
by Moore, Jeffrey E. & Wallace, Bryan P. & Lewison, Rebecca L. & Zydelis, Ramúnas & Cox, Tara M. & Crowder, Larry B.
- 452-457 Social acceptability of marine aquaculture: The use of survey-based methods for eliciting public and stakeholder preferences
by Whitmarsh, David & Palmieri, Maria Giovanna
- 458-465 Liberal Intergovernmentalism, Historical Institutionalism, and British and German perceptions of the EU's Common Fisheries Policy
by McLean, Craig & Gray, Tim
- 466-471 Public acceptance of the oceanic carbon sequestration
by Kamishiro, Norihiro & Sato, Toru
- 472-478 Defining ecological indicators of trawling disturbance when everywhere that can be fished is fished: A Mediterranean case study
by de Juan, S. & Demestre, M. & Thrush, S.
- 479-488 Environmental analysis of the Norwegian fishery and aquaculture industry--A preliminary study focusing on farmed salmon
by Ellingsen, H. & Olaussen, J.O. & Utne, I.B.
- 489-496 Toward institutions for community-based management of inshore marine resources in the Western Indian Ocean
by Cinner, Joshua E. & Wamukota, Andrew & Randriamahazo, Herilala & Rabearisoa, Ando
- 497-503 Economic gains of liberalising access to fishing quotas within the European Union
by Andersen, Jesper L. & Nielsen, Max & Lindebo, Erik
- 504-512 Unreported bycatch in the New Zealand West Coast South Island hoki fishery
by Bremner, Graeme & Johnstone, Peter & Bateson, Tracy & Clarke, Philip
- 513-519 Crew members in South Africa's squid industry; whether they have benefitted from transformation and governance reforms
by Hara, Mafaniso
- 520-527 Maritime clusters in diverse regional contexts: The case of Canada
by Doloreux, David & Shearmur, Richard
- 528-531 California Current Large Marine Ecosystem: Publicly available dataset of state and federal laws and regulations
by Ekstrom, Julia A.
- 532-535 A tool to navigate overlaps in fragmented ocean governance
by Ekstrom, Julia A. & Young, Oran R. & Gaines, Steve D. & Gordon, Maria & McCay, Bonnie J.
2009, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 183-194 Marine genetic resources: A review of scientific and commercial interest
by Leary, David & Vierros, Marjo & Hamon, Gwenaëlle & Arico, Salvatore & Monagle, Catherine
- 195-200 Fisheries management at the tri-national border between Belize, Guatemala and Honduras
by Perez, Arlenie
- 201-206 Valuing multi-attribute marine water quality
by Eggert, Håkan & Olsson, Björn
- 207-214 Expanding fisheries co-management to ecosystem-based management: A case in the Shiretoko World Natural Heritage area, Japan
by Makino, Mitsutaku & Matsuda, Hiroyuki & Sakurai, Yasunori
- 215-222 Spatial policy and the behavior of fishermen
by Valcic, Branka
- 223-232 An evaluation of progress in implementing ecosystem-based management of fisheries in 33 countries
by Pitcher, Tony J. & Kalikoski, Daniela & Short, Katherine & Varkey, Divya & Pramod, Ganapathiraju
- 233-247 Establishment and closure of the directed Florida whiting (Menticirrhus americanus) fishery and implications for North Atlantic right whale (Eubalaena glacialis) conservation and management
by Levesque, Juan C.
- 248-253 Stakeholder's views on fisheries compliance: An Australian case study
by Bose, Shekar & Crees-Morris, Adnan
- 254-257 Is the Spanish Greenland halibut fleet profitable after introducing the biological recovery plan?
by Dolores Garza-Gil, M. & Varela-Lafuente, Manuel M.
- 258-263 Fixing problems in fisheries--integrating ITQs, CBM and MPAs in management
by Brady, Mark & Waldo, Staffan
- 264-270 Institutional and ethical dimensions of resilience in fishing systems: Perspectives from co-managed fisheries in the Pacific Northwest
by Ebbin, Syma A.
- 271-279 Slow steps towards management of the world's largest tuna fishery
by Langley, Adam & Wright, Andrew & Hurry, Glenn & Hampton, John & Aqorua, Transform & Rodwell, Len
- 280-287 Political regulation and radical institutional change: The case of aquaculture in Norway
by Aarset, Bernt & Jakobsen, Stig-Erik
- 288-296 The institutional foundations of economic performance of mussel production: The Spanish case of the Galician floating raft culture
by Caballero Miguez, Gonzalo & Garza Gil, María Dolores & Varela Lafuente, Manuel M.
- 297-304 Do boat licences have a role in fisheries managed through individual quotas? Experience in Australian fisheries
by Pascoe, Sean & Gibson, Tony
- 305-311 Protecting small cetaceans from coastal development: Impact assessment and mitigation experience in Hong Kong
by Jefferson, Thomas A. & Hung, Samuel K. & Würsig, Bernd
- 312-316 The Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act: Transparency of the environmental management of the offshore oil and gas industry
by Fraser, Gail S. & Ellis, Joanne
- 317-321 A governance perspective on the large marine ecosystem approach
by Mahon, Robin & Fanning, Lucia & McConney, Patrick
- 322-331 Resilience: What is it and what does it mean for marine policymakers?
by Gibbs, Mark T.
- 332-338 Involving the public in the impact assessment of offshore renewable energy facilities
by Portman, Michelle
- 339-349 Trade measures and the combat of IUU fishing: Institutional interplay and effective governance in the Northeast Atlantic
by Stokke, Olav Schram
- 350-369 Analysis of ship life cycles--The impact of economic cycles and ship inspections
by Bijwaard, Govert E. & Knapp, Sabine
- 370-375 Public awareness of marine environmental issues in the UK
by Fletcher, Stephen & Potts, Jonathan S. & Heeps, Carolyn & Pike, Kate
- 376-385 Sustainable financing for ocean and coastal management in Jamaica: The potential for revenues from tourist user fees
by Edwards, Peter E.T.
- 386-392 Managing fisheries and corruption in the Pacific Islands region
by Hanich, Quentin & Tsamenyi, Martin
- 393-400 Fisheries and failing states: The case of Sierra Leone
by Thorpe, Andy & Whitmarsh, David & Ndomahina, Ernest & Baio, Andrew & Kemokai, Miatta & Lebbie, Thomas
- 401-411 Occupational health and safety hazards in Atlantic Canadian aquaculture: Laying the groundwork for prevention
by Moreau, Darek T.R. & Neis, Barbara
- 412-418 New Zealand oceans governance: Calming turbulent waters?
by Vince, Joanna & Haward, Marcus
- 419-428 Small-scale marine fisheries policy in Vietnam
by Pomeroy, Robert & Thi Nguyen, Kim Anh & Thong, Ha Xuan
- 429-431 The Australian continental shelf: Has Australia's high-latitude diplomacy paid off?'
by Jabour, Julia
- 432-434 Combating piracy and armed robbery in Asia: The ReCAAP Information Sharing Centre (ISC)
by Ho, Joshua
2009, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-7 Modelling fish trade liberalisation: Does fish trade liberalisation result in welfare gains or losses?
by Nielsen, Max
- 8-23 Estimating the economic impact of the Prestige oil spill on the Death Coast (NW Spain) fisheries
by García Negro, M.C. & Villasante, S. & Carballo Penela, A. & Rodríguez Rodríguez, G.
- 24-39 Unintended consequences: The spillover effects of common property regulations
by Rausser, Gordon & Hamilton, Stephen & Kovach, Marty & Stifter, Ryan