Journal of Economic Theory
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: A. Lizzeri
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Jess Benhabib
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:jetheo
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1994, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 554-567 Hicks' Neutrality and Trade Biased Growth: A Taxonomy
by Chambers Robert G. & Fare Rolf
- 568-584 Implementation of Linear Cost Share Equilibrium Allocations
by Tian Guoqiang
1994, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-19 Exact Implementation
by Abreu Dilip & Matsushima Hitoshi
- 20-34 Auctioning the Provision of an Indivisible Public Good
by Kleindorfer Paul R. & Sertel Murat R.
- 35-65 Stochastic Stability in Games with Alternative Best Replies
by Samuelson Larry
- 66-77 Equilibrium Refinements in Sender-Receiver Games
by Blume Andreas
- 78-102 Sequential Equilibria and Stable Sets of Beliefs
by Hillas John
- 103-114 Incentive-Consistent Matching Processes for Problems with ex Ante Pricing
by Peters Michael
- 115-129 Anonymity and Optimality of Competitive Equilibria when Markets Are Incomplete
by Kajii Atsushi
- 130-141 Bayesian Implementation: The Necessity of Infinite Mechanisms
by Dutta Bhaskar & Sen Arunava
- 142-161 On the Local Stability of Sunspot Equilibria under Adaptive Learning Rules
by Evans George W. & Honkapohja Seppo
- 162-177 Oligopolistic Pricing and Advertising
by Stahl II Dale O.
- 178-201 Average Cost Pricing versus Serial Cost Sharing: An Axiomatic Comparison
by Moulin Herve & Shenker Scott
- 202-220 Non-cooperative Bargaining in Natural Monopolies
by Winter Eyal
- 221-233 A Proof of the Existence of Speculative Equilibria
by Jackson Matthew O.
- 234-241 A Note on Sunspot Equilibria in Search Models of Fiat Money
by Wright Randall
- 242-252 Local Externalities, Convex Adjustment Costs, and Sunspot Equilibria
by Gali Jordi
- 253-264 The Burden of Proof in a Game of Persuasion
by Shin Hyun Song
- 265-276 Weak Dominance and Approximate Common Knowledge
by Borgers Tilman
- 277-285 A Foundation for Pareto Aggregation
by Campbell Donald E. & Nagahisa Ryo-ichi
- 286-297 An Implementable State-Ownership System with General Variable Returns
by Tian Guoqiang & Li Qi
- 298-300 Gift Equilibria and Pareto Optimality Reconsidered
by Kranich Laurence
1994, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 147-169 Optimality and the Theory of Value
by Luenberger David G.
- 170-188 Dynamic Consistency Implies Approximately Expected Utility Preferences
by Border Kim C. & Segal Uzi
- 189-207 Incentive-Compatible Cost-Allocation Schemes
by Schmeidler David & Tauman Yair
- 208-218 The Foundation of the Theory of Monopolistic Competition Revisited
by Bohm Volker
- 219-245 Consistent Solutions to the Problem of Fair Division When Preferences Are Single-Peaked
by Thomson William
- 246-270 Polynomially Bounded Rationality
by Board Raymond
- 271-298 Inequality Reducing and Inequality Preserving Transformations of Incomes: Symmetric and Individualistic Transformations
by Moyes Patrick
- 299-325 Farsighted Coalitional Stability
by Chwe Michael Suk-Young
- 326-345 Ranking Opportunity Sets: An Axiomatic Approach
by Bossert Walter & Pattanaik Prasanta K. & Xu Yongsheng
- 346-369 Technology Adoption, Learning-by-Doing, and Economic Growth
by Parente Stephen L.
- 370-391 A Model of Pre-game Communication
by Rabin Matthew
- 392-407 Monopoly Insurance under Adverse Selection When Agents Differ in Risk Aversion
by Landsberger Michael & Meilijson Isaac
- 408-416 The General Existence of Extended Price Equilibria with Infinitely Many Commodities
by Araujo A. & Monteiro P. K.
1994, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-18 Introduction to the Symposium on Growth, Fluctuations, and Sunspots: Confronting the Data
by Benhabib Jess & Rustichini Aldo
- 19-41 Indeterminacy and Increasing Returns
by Benhabib Jess & Farmer Roger E. A.
- 42-72 Real Business Cycles and the Animal Spirits Hypothesis
by Farmer Roger E. A. & Guo Jang-Ting
- 73-96 Monopolistic Competition, Business Cycles, and the Composition of Aggregate Demand
by Gali Jordi
- 97-112 Divergence in Economic Performance: Transitional Dynamics with Multiple Equilibria
by Xie Danyang
- 113-142 Uniqueness and Indeterminacy: On the Dynamics of Endogenous Growth
by Benhabib Jess & Perli Roberto
1994, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 257-293 Consumption-Portfolio Policies: An Inverse Optimal Problem
by He Hua & Huang Chi-fu
- 294-320 Intertemporal Asset Pricing with Heterogeneous Beliefs
by Detemple Jerome & Murthy Shashidhar
- 321-345 A Statistical Equilibrium Theory of Markets
by Foley Duncan K.
- 346-362 Monopolistic Competition, Increasing Returns, and Self-Fulfilling Prophecies
by Rivard Brian A.
- 363-384 Strategic Information Manipulation in Duopolies
by Mirman Leonard J. & Samuelson Larry & Schlee Edward E.
- 385-393 An Equilibrium Result for Games with Private Information and Infinitely Many Players
by Balder E. J. & Rustichini A.
- 394-419 A Ricardo Model with Economies of Scale
by Gomory Ralph E.
- 420-427 Two Problems in Applying Ljung's Projection Algorithms to the Analysis of Decentralized Learning
by Moreno Diego & Walker Mark
- 428-443 The Strategic Effects of Long-Term Debt in Imperfect Competition
by Glazer Jacob
- 444-468 Some Results on Optimal Penal Codes in Asymmetric Bertrand Supergames
by Lambson Val Eugene
- 469-479 Choquet Expected Utility with a Finite State Space: Commutativity and Act-Independence
by Hong Chew Soo & Karni Edi
- 480-498 The Conjunction of Direct and Indirect Separability
by Blackorby Charles & Russell R. Robert
- 499-512 A Generalization of Kaneko's Ratio Equilibrium for Economies with Private and Public Goods
by Diamantaras Dimitrios & Wilkie Simon
1994, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 1-23 On the Strategic Equivalence of Extensive Form Games
by Elmes Susan & Reny Philip J.
- 24-47 Endogenous Availability, Cartels, and Merger in an Equilibrium Price Dispersion
by McAfee R. Preston
- 48-69 Switching Costs and Sectoral Adjustments in General Equilibrium with Uninsured Risk
by Dixit Avinash & Rob Rafael
- 70-85 Dual Pareto Efficiency
by Luenberger David G.
- 86-102 An N-Person Pure Bargaining Game
by Chae Suchan & Yang Jeong-Ae
- 103-135 Efficiency and Observability with Long-Run and Short-Run Players
by Fudenberg Drew & Levine David K.
- 136-151 Second Price Auctions without Expected Utility
by Neilson William S.
- 152-160 WARP Does Not Imply SARP for More Than Two Commodities
by Peters Hans & Wakker Peter
- 161-185 Convergence Theorems on the Core of a Public Goods Economy: Sufficient Conditions
by Conley John P.
- 186-208 A Necessary and Sufficient Condition for Walrasian Social Choice
by Nagahisa Ryo-ichi
- 209-220 On the Non-neutrality of Money with Incomplete Markets
by Gottardi Piero
- 221-229 A Simpler Mechanism That Stops Agents from Cheating
by Glover Jonathan
- 230-237 Destroying the Pretending Equilibria in the Demski-Sappington-Spiller Model
by Kerschbamer Rudolf
- 238-252 Atavistic Dynamics in a Two-Sector Economy
by Berkowitz Daniel
1993, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 189-205 Intertemporal Transfer Institutions
by Esteban Joan Maria & Sakovics Jozsef
- 206-229 Finite Bubbles with Short Sale Constraints and Asymmetric Information
by Allen F. & Morris S. & Postlewaite A.
- 230-261 Sustainable Plans and Debt
by Chari V. V. & Kehoe Patrick J.
- 262-289 Generalized Median Voter Schemes and Committees
by Barbera Salvador & Gul Faruk & Stacchetti Ennio
- 290-301 The Simplest Equilibrium of a Majority-Rule Division Game
by Baron David & Kalai Ehud
- 302-330 Principals Competing for an Agent in the Presence of Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard
by Biglaiser Gary & Mezzetti Claudio
- 331-371 The First-Order Approach to the Continuous-Time Principal-Agent Problem with Exponential Utility
by Schattler Heinz & Sung Jaeyoung
- 372-394 Measuring Social Mobility
by Dardanoni Valentino
- 395-411 On the Convergence of Informational Cascades
by Lee In Ho
- 412-422 Comparative Statics under Uncertainty for a Class of Economic Agents
by Ormiston Michael B. & Schlee Edward E.
- 423-435 Stationary Equilibria in an Overlapping Generations Economy with Stochastic Production
by Wang Yong
1993, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-22 Dynamically Consistent Beliefs Must Be Bayesian
by Epstein Larry G. & Le Breton Michel
- 23-41 Implementation of First-Best Allocations via Generalized Tax Schedules
by Piketty Thomas
- 42-73 Efficiency and Renegotiation in Repeated Games
by Bergin James & MacLeod W. Bentley
- 74-103 Expectationally Driven Market Volatility: An Experimental Study
by Marimon Ramon & Spear Stephen E. & Sunder Shyam
- 104-119 Preemptive Innovation
by Lippman Steven A. & Mamer John W.
- 120-138 The Demand for Housing: Theoretical Considerations
by Dusansky Richard & Wilson Paul W.
- 139-159 Lp-Frechet Differentiable Preference and Local Utility Analysis
by Wang Tan
- 160-168 Finite Automata Play a Repeated Extensive Game
by Piccione Michele & Rubinstein Ariel
- 169-183 Ignorance in Agency Problems
by Lewis Tracy R. & Sappington David E. M.
- 184-184 Erratum: Volume 57, Number 1 (1992), in the article Savage's Theorem with a Finite Number of States, by Faruk Gul, pages 99-110
by Gul Faruk
1993, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 217-240 Renegotiation and Symmetry in Repeated Games
by Abrea Dilip & Pearce David & Stacchetti Ennio
- 241-276 Belief-Based Refinements in Signalling Games
by Mailath George J. & Okuno-Fujiwara Masahiro & Postlewaite Andrew
- 277-305 Adverse Selection in the Overlapping Generations Model: The Case of Pure Exchange
by Azariadis Costas & Smith Bruce D.
- 306-321 Deadline Effects and Inefficient Delay in Bargaining with Endogenous Commitment
by Fershtman Chaim & Seidmann Daniel J.
- 322-334 Social Welfare and Measurement of Segregation
by Philipson Tomas
- 335-353 Noncooperative Equilibrium and Chamberlinian Monopolistic Competition
by Pascoa Mario Rui
- 354-377 A Model of Choice Where Choice Is Determined by an Ordered Set of Irreducible Criteria
by Moldau Juan Hersztajn
- 378-409 An Elementary Approach to Approximate Equilibria with Infinitely Many Commodities
by Nomura Yoshimasa
- 410-427 Coalitions, Incentives, and Risk Sharing
by Itoh Hideshi
- 428-438 Subjective Expected Utility Theory with State-Dependent Preferences
by Karni Edi
- 439-442 Convexity and Sunspots: Another Remark
by Sorger Gerhard
1993, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-13 Logical Structure of Common Knowledge
by Shin Hyun Song
- 14-41 Non-transitive Smooth Preferences
by Al-Najjar Nabil
- 42-61 How Different Can Strategic Models Be?
by Dutta Prajit K. & Sundaram Rangarajan K.
- 62-82 Stable Coalition Structures with a Unidimensional Set of Alternatives
by Greenberg Joseph & Weber Shlomo
- 83-113 The Use of an Agent in a Signalling Model
by Caillaud Bernard & Hermalin Benjamin
- 114-139 Commitment through Incomplete Information in a Simple Repeated Bargaining Game
by Schmidt Klaus M.
- 140-158 Search Market Equilibrium, Bilateral Heterogeneity, and Repeat Purchases
by Benabou Roland
- 159-180 An Axiomatic Foundation for Regret Theory
by Sugden Robert
- 181-190 Sunspot Equilibria and Efficiency in Economies with Incomplete Financial Markets: A Remark
by Pietra Tito
- 191-212 The Declining Price Anomaly
by McAfee R. Preston & Vincent Daniel
1993, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 239-256 Trembling Invisible Hand Equilibrium
by Levine David K.
- 257-274 Common Belief and the Theory of Games with Perfect Information
by Reny Philip J.
- 275-287 The Timing of Information in a General Equilibrium Framework
by Berk Jonathan B. & Uhlig Harald
- 288-310 The Organization and Scope of Agents: Regulating Multiproduct Industries
by Dana Jr. James D.
- 311-323 Double Implementation in Nash and Undominated Nash Equilibria
by Yamato Takehiko
- 324-332 Fixed Agenda Social Choice Theory: Correspondence and Impossibility Theorems for Social Choice Correspondences and Social Decision Functions
by Denicolo Vincenzo
- 333-363 The Local Recoverability of Risk Aversion and Intertemporal Substitution
by Wang Susheng
- 364-384 Competitive Equilibrium in Sobolev Spaces without Bounds on Short Sales
by Chichilnisky Graciela & Heal Geoffrey M.
- 385-402 Optimal Information Acquisition for Heterogenous Duopoly Firms
by Hwang Hae-shin
- 403-416 Experience Advantages and Entry Dynamics
by Cabral Luis M. B.
- 417-425 Core Equivalence in an Overlapping Generations Model
by Chae Suchan & Esteban Joan
- 426-444 The Proportional Solution for Economies with Both Private and Public Ownership
by Roemer John E. & Silvestre Joaquim
- 445-450 Endogenous Firm Efficiency in a Cournot Principal-Agent Model
by Martin Stephen
- 451-465 The Possibility of Efficient Mechanisms for Trading an Indivisible Object
by Makowski Louis & Mezzetti Claudio
1993, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-16 Cournot Competition, Forward Markets and Efficiency
by Allaz Blaise & Vila Jean-Luc
- 17-32 Repeated Games with Finite Automata
by Ben-Porath Elchanan
- 33-49 Updating Ambiguous Beliefs
by Gilboa Itzhak & Schmeidler David
- 50-77 A Non-cooperative Bargaining Model with Strategically Timed Offers
by Perry Motty & Reny Philip J.
- 78-95 Delay in Bargaining Games with Complete Information
by Sakovics Jozsef
- 96-106 The Inner Core and the Strictly Inhibitive Set
by Qin Cheng-Zhong
- 107-121 Bayesian Monotonicity with Side Payments
by Matsushima Hitoshi
- 122-144 Existence and Characterization of Optimal Employment Contracts on a Continuous State Space
by Kahn Charles M.
- 145-168 An Evolutionary Model of Bargaining
by Young H. P.
- 169-182 Endogenous Sequencing of Firm Decisions
by Mailath George J.
- 183-188 A Unifying Approach to Axiomatic Non-expected Utility Theories: Correction and Comment
by Hong Chew Soo & Epstein Larry G. & Wakker Peter
- 189-198 Hierarchies of Beliefs and Common Knowledge
by Brandenburger Adam & Dekel Eddie
- 199-213 The Integrability Problem of Asset Prices
by Wang Susheng
- 214-221 The Value of Money in an Overlapping Generations Model: A Note
by Burnell Stephen J.
- 222-234 Monopoly Pricing
by Spulber Daniel F.
1992, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 117-134 Introduction: Symposium on economic growth, theory and computations
by Jones, Larry E. & Stokey, Nancy L.
- 135-170 Random earnings differences, lifetime liquidity constraints, and altruistic intergenerational transfers
by Laitner, John
- 171-197 Finite lifetimes and growth
by Jones, Larry E. & Manuelli, Rodolfo E.
- 198-218 Dynamic externalities, multiple equilibria, and growth
by Boldrin, Michele
- 219-249 Communication, commitment, and growth
by Marcet, Albert & Marimon, Ramon
- 250-289 Optimal fiscal policy in a stochastic growth model
by Zhu, Xiaodong
- 290-316 Tax distortions in a neoclassical monetary economy
by Cooley, Thomas F. & Hansen, Gary D.
- 317-334 Agricultural productivity, comparative advantage, and economic growth
by Matsuyama, Kiminori
- 335-354 The last shall be first: Efficient constraints on foreign borrowing in a model of endogenous growth
by Chamley, Christophe
- 355-376 Efficient equilibrium convergence: Heterogeneity and growth
by Tamura, Robert
- 377-409 In search of scale effects in trade and growth
by Backus, David K. & Kehoe, Patrick J. & Kehoe, Timothy J.
- 410-452 Projection methods for solving aggregate growth models
by Judd, Kenneth L.
1992, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-8 The set of regular equilibria
by Balasko, Yves
- 9-40 Evolution and market behavior
by Blume, Lawrence & Easley, David
- 41-60 Entry and R & D in procurement contracting
by Tan, Guofu
- 61-76 The impossibility of involuntary unemployment in an overlapping generations model with rational expectations
by Schultz, Christian
- 77-92 Sustained growth in the model of overlapping generations
by Fisher, Eric ON.
- 93-104 Fully revealing outcomes in signalling models: An example of nonexistence when the type space is unbounded
by Hellwig, Martin
- 105-109 Equilibrium of repeated games with cost of implementation
by Neme, Alejandro & Quintas, Luis
- 110-111 Corrigendum
by Rabin, Matthew
- 112-113 Corrigendum
by Berliant, Marcus & Raa, Thijs ten
1992, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 259-277 Introduction: Symposium on evolutionary game theory
by Mailath, George J.
- 278-305 Evolutionary stability in repeated games played by finite automata
by Binmore, Kenneth G. & Samuelson, Larry
- 306-332 Evolutionary stability with equilibrium entrants
by Swinkels, Jeroen M.
- 333-342 Evolution and strategic stability: From maynard smith to kohlberg and mertens
by Swinkels, Jeroen M.
- 343-362 Best response dynamics and socially stable strategies
by Matsui, Akihiko
- 363-391 Evolutionary stability in asymmetric games
by Samuelson, Larry & Zhang, Jianbo
- 392-406 On the evolution of optimizing behavior
by Dekel, Eddie & Scotchmer, Suzanne
- 407-419 On the limit points of discrete selection dynamics
by Cabrales, Antonio & Sobel, Joel
- 420-441 Evolutionary dynamics with aggregate shocks
by Fudenberg, D. & Harris, C.
- 442-472 Average behavior in learning models
by Canning, David
- 473-504 Laws of large numbers for dynamical systems with randomly matched individuals
by Boylan, Richard T.
1992, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 235-265 Maximal strategy sets for continuous-time game theory
by Stinchcombe, Maxwell B.
- 266-293 Amicable divorce: Dissolving a partnership with simple mechanisms
by Preston McAfee, R.
- 294-312 Differentiability, comparative statics, and non-expected utility preferences
by Hong, Chew Soo & Nishimura, Naoko
- 313-337 Many good choice Axioms: When can many-good lotteries be treated as money lotteries?
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben
- 338-351 Many good risks: An interpretation of multivariate risk and risk aversion without the Independence axiom
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben
- 352-377 Stochastic dominance under Bayesian learning
by Bikhchandani, Sushil & Segal, Uzi & Sharma, Sunil
- 378-399 Dominant strategy implementation of Bayesian incentive compatible allocation rules
by Mookherjee, Dilip & Reichelstein, Stefan
- 400-425 Decentralized dynamic processes for finding equilibrium
by Reiter, Stanley & Simon, Carl P.
- 426-433 On nonstandard nontransitive additive utility
by Fishburn, Peter C.
- 434-450 A dominant strategy double auction
by McAfee, R. Preston
- 451-467 Utility functionals with nonpaternalistic intergenerational altruism: The case where altruism extends to many generations
by Hori, Hajime
1992, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-19 Signed orders and power set extensions
by Fishburn, Peter C.
- 20-42 Revealed preference, stochastic dominance, and the expected utility hypothesis
by Border, Kim C.
- 43-69 Licensing and the sharing of knowledge in research joint ventures
by Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Glazer, Jacob & Sappington, David E. M.
- 70-88 Implementation via backward induction
by JoseHerrero, Maria & Srivastava, Sanjay
- 89-99 Additively separable representations on non-convex sets
by Segal, Uzi
- 100-120 Approximately rational consumer demand and ville cycles
by Jerison, David & Jerison, Michael
- 121-141 On income taxation and the core
by Berliant, Marcus
- 142-159 A social choice rule and its implementation in perfect equilibrium
by Howard, J. V.
- 160-179 On the minimum rate of impatience for complicated optimal growth paths
by Sorger, Gerhard
- 180-193 Finite automata equilibria with discounting
by Piccione, Michele
- 194-205 A generalization of Scarf's theorem: An [alpha]-core existence theorem without transitivity or completeness
by Kajii, Atsushi
- 206-217 The connectedness of the set of equilibrium money prices depends on the choice of the numeraire
by Garratt, Rod
- 218-227 Consistency and characterization of the core of two-sided matching problems
by Sasaki, Hiroo & Toda, Manabu
- 228-232 Why are idiosyncratic goods produced to order?
by Seidmann, Daniel J.
1991, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 229-246 Existence and dynamic consistency of Nash equilibrium with non-expected utility preferences
by Dekel, Eddie & Safra, Zvi & Segal, Uzi
- 247-273 Refining cheap-talk equilibria
by Matthews, Steven A. & Okuno-Fujiwara, Masahiro & Postlewaite, Andrew
- 274-295 Speculation and price fluctuations with private, extrinsic signals
by Jackson, Matthew & Peck, James
- 296-322 Efficiency in partnerships
by Legros, Patrick & Matsushima, Hitoshi