Journal of Economics and Business
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:jebusi
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1994, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 227-233 Effects of wage rate on systematic risk in a Cournot duopoly
by Kit Pong Wong
1994, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 65-75 Market segmentation and oligopoly under uncertainty
by Tessitore, Anthony
- 77-88 Volatility of money growth and the U.S. velocity puzzle: Some further results
by Darrat, Ali F. & Osman Suliman, M.
- 89-100 Another explanation for nominal wage rigidities: Uncertain marginal wage taxes
by Ramagopal, K.
- 101-112 Time-varying betas and volatility persistence in International Stock markets
by Koutmos, Gregory & Lee, Unro & Theodossiu, Panayiotis
- 113-127 Business cycle effects on state corporate failure rates
by Platt, Harlan D. & Platt, Marjorie B.
- 129-134 Factors motivating mergers: The case of rural electric cooperatives
by Bacon, Frank W. & Shin, Tai S. & Murphy, Neil B.
- 135-139 Natural monopoly equilibria: Nash and von Stackelberg solutions
by Becker, Klaus G.
1994, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-11 Institutional investors, corporate discipline, and the role of debt
by Grier, Paul & Zychowicz, Edward J.
- 13-19 The effect of changes in the federal funds rate target on stock prices in the 1970s
by Thorbecke, Willem & Alami, Tarik
- 21-37 Observed price dispersion: Product heterogeneity, regional markets, or local market power?
by Abbott, Thomas III
- 39-54 The effect of deregulation on the efficiency of U.S. banking firms
by Grabowski, Richard & Rangan, Nanda & Rezvanian, Rasoul
- 55-63 Deregulation and airline survival: The case of braniff airways
by Tannen, Michael B.
1993, Volume 45, Issue 5
- 357-357 Letter to the readership
by Kopecky, Kenneth J.
- 361-374 A taxonomy of disclosure policies
by Yaari, Varda
- 375-392 Effects of differential information on the after-market valuation of initial public offerings
by Dark, Frederick H. & Carter, Richard B.
- 393-408 Monetary asset quality and substitutability
by Kishan, Ruby P. & Opiela, Timothy P.
- 409-419 Transmission and production of information in imperfectly competitive financial markets
by Caballe, Jordi
- 421-430 Econometric estimation of proportional hazard models
by Koop, Gary & Ruhm, Christopher J.
1993, Volume 45, Issue 3-4
- 189-189 In memoriam
by Kopecky, Kenneth J.
- 191-192 Editor's introduction special issue in honor of David Meinster
by Spindt, Paul A.
- 193-211 The measurement and analysis of monetary transactions
by Corrado, Carol & Spindt, Paul A.
- 213-229 Did monetarism die in the 1980s?
by Tanner, J. Ernest
- 231-245 Can forecast-based monetary policy be more successful than a rule?
by Thornton, Saranna R.
- 247-268 Comparing interest-rate spreads and money growth as predictors of output growth: Granger causality in the sense Granger intended
by Hess, Gregory D. & Porter, Richard D.
- 269-283 Policy and volatility of asset returns
by Tarhan, Vefa
- 285-296 A case study of the impact of monetary policy on exchange rates
by Giaccotto, Carmelo & Johnson, R. Stafford & Zuber, Richard
- 297-314 Interest rate smoothness and the nonsettling-day behavior of banks
by Kopecky, Kenneth J. & Tucker, Alan L.
- 315-329 Forecasting required loan loss reserves
by Kim, Daesik & Santomero, Anthony M.
- 331-340 The effect of foreign debt on currency values
by Ajayi, Richard A. & Choi, Jongmoo Jay
- 341-352 Nominal sovereign debt, risk shifting, and reputation
by Grossman, Herschel I. & Van Huyck, John B.
1993, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 111-127 Bank portfolio composition and macroeconomic activity
by Douglas McMillin, W.
- 129-142 The term structure of interest rates and the asset and liability decisions of a financial intermediary
by Sartoris, William L.
- 143-158 Expanded securities underwriting: Implications for bank risk and return
by Apilado, Vincent P. & Gallo, John G. & Lockwood, Larry J.
- 159-167 An investigation of the empirical distribution of bond returns
by Chan, Kam C. & Pan, Ming-Shiun & Wu, H. K.
- 169-178 Computationally convenient optimal intertemporal portfolios under linear constraints
by Mitchell, Douglas W.
- 179-182 An analysis of the Standard and Poor's stock appreciation ranking system
by O'Hara, H. Thomas & Vetere, John
- 183-188 The geometry of risk aversion: A further comment
by Dalal, Ardeshir J.
1993, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-16 A rationale for trade-ins
by van Ackere, Ann & Reyniers, Diane J.
- 17-33 An examination of the power of Univariate tests of the CAPM: A simulation approach
by Affleck-Graves, J. F. & Bradfield, D. J.
- 35-48 Excess returns determination: Empirical evidence from Canada
by Carmichael, Benoit & Samson, Lucie
- 49-59 Is the Canadian stock market efficient with respect to fiscal policy? Some vector autoregression results
by Ali, Syed M. & Hasan, M. Aynul
- 61-67 A twist on the Monday effect in stock returns: A note
by Liano, Kartono & Huang, Gow-Cheng & Gup, Benton E.
- 69-89 Infrastructure taxes, investment policy, and intermodal competition for the transportation industries
by Enis, Charles R. & Morash, Edward A.
- 91-98 Optimal portfolio selection without short sales under the full-information covariance structure: A pedagogic consideration
by Kwan, Clarence C. Y. & Yuan, Yufei
- 99-108 Market power, wage rate, and systematic risk: A homogeneous production function approach
by Sun, Liming
1992, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 95-114 The stock market's valuation of R&D spending and market concentration
by Doukas, John & Switzer, Lorne
- 115-125 Interest rate effects on intertemporal consumption: Do financial regulation and deregulation matter?
by Sullivan, Edward J. & Lombra, Raymond
- 127-134 Dividend policy and regulatory risk: A test of the Smith hypothesis
by Moyer, R. Charles & Rao, Ramesh & Tripathy, Niranjan
- 135-141 Industry concentration and the transmission of cost-push inflation: Evidence from the 1974 OPEC oil crisis
by Zaleski, Peter A.
- 143-150 An econometric forecasting model of revenues from urban parking facilities
by Burns, Malcolm R. & Faurot, David J.
- 151-159 Reliability and electricity pricing
by Ravid, S. Abraham
- 161-166 The corporate-treasury yield spread and state taxes
by Severn, Alan K. & Stewart, William J.
1992, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 3-17 Bond portfolio immunization: Canadian tests
by Fooladi, Iraj & Roberts, Gordon S.
- 19-30 Money and interest rates: The effects of temporal aggregation and data revisions
by Cunningham, Thomas J. & Hardouvelis, Gikas A.
- 31-45 Relative prices, aggregate prices, and wage indexation
by Carlson, John A. & Findlay, David W.
- 47-62 Generalized bankruptcy models applied to predicting consumer credit behavior
by Clarke, Darral G. & McDonald, James B.
- 63-76 Testing for nonlinear dependence in daily stock indices
by Willey, Thomas
- 77-94 Tests of inflation and industry portfolio stock returns
by Wei, K. C. John & Wong, K. Matthew
1991, Volume 43, Issue 4
- 283-285 Globalization of financial markets: Introduction
by Eun, Cheol S.
- 287-307 Exchange risk and international diversification in bond and equity portfolios
by Kaplanis, Evi & Schaefer, Stephen M.
- 309-327 Foreign exchange market liberalization and the international diversification of borrowing by Italian firms
by Giraldi, Claudio & Hamaui, Rony
- 329-338 A system of stock prices in world stock exchanges: Common stochastic trends for 1975-1990
by Jeon, Bang Nam & Chiang, Thomas C.
- 339-352 Demand and supply of forward exchange contracts under incomplete information
by Dufey, Gunter & Kazemi, Hossein B.
- 353-362 Risk, return, and equilibrium in the emerging markets: Evidence from the Korean stock market
by Bark, Hee-Kyung K.
- 363-374 International diversification and hedging: A Japanese and U.S. perspective
by Eaker, Mark & Grant, Dwight & Woodard, Nelson
- 375-388 Effect of exchange rate and interest rate risk on international fixed-income portfolios
by Hauser, Shmuel & Levy, Azriel
- 389-401 A logit methodology for predicting the imposition of exchange controls
by Safizadeh, Hossein & Fatemi, Ali
1991, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 197-214 Earnings information and the determination of dividend policy
by Bar-Yosef, Sasson & Venezia, Itzhak
- 215-229 Dominant banks, market power, and out-of-market productive capacity
by Wolken, John D. & Rose, John T.
- 231-239 Properties and Stochastic nature of BEA's early estimates of GNP
by Neftci, Salih N. & Theodossiou, Panayiotis
- 241-252 Tobin's q and measurement error: Caveat investigator
by Klock, Mark & Thies, Clifford F. & Baum, Christopher F.
- 253-263 Depository disintermediation and the equilibrium quantity of money market mutual funds
by Maggs, Gary E.
- 265-270 Why economists rank their journals the way they do
by Ellis, Larry V. & Durden, Garey C.
- 271-282 Federal reserve district directors: Support system for a public institution
by Harrison, William B.
1991, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 99-114 Relationship of takeover gains to the stake of managers in the acquiring firm
by Petry, Glenn & Settle, John
- 115-132 Reading the effects of an energy shock in financial markets
by Reinhart, Vincent
- 133-142 Survey evidence on the term structure of interest rates
by Dua, Pami
- 143-156 Anticipated competitive entry and early preemptive investment in deferrable projects
by Trigeorgis, Lenos
- 157-164 Devaluation, temporary migration and the labor-exporting economy
by Matiur Rahman, A. K. M. & Caples, Stephen
- 165-178 Corporate dividend policy and the partial adjustment model
by Bond, Michael T. & Mougoue, Mbodja
- 193-196 Invariance of results under a common orthogonalization
by Mitchell, Douglas W.
1991, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 25-35 Tax evasion and financial equilibrium
by Landskroner, Yoram & Muller, Eitan & Swary, Itzhak
- 37-47 An empirical test of an option pricing model of mortgage-backed securities pricing
by Murphy, J. Austin
- 49-57 Examining the sensitivity of the standardized cumulative prediction error as an event study test statistic
by Glascock, John L. & Henderson, Glenn Jr. & Officer, Dennis T. & Shah, Vivek
- 59-68 Changes in the fisher effect in the 1980s: Evidence from various models
by Choudhry, Taufiq & Placone, Dennis & Wallace, Myles
- 69-77 Schooling and urban employment growth
by Sander, William & Schaeffer, Peter V.
- 79-85 The expectations hypothesis of the term structure: More evidence
by McFadyen, James & Pickerill, Karen & Devaney, Mike
- 87-93 A comparison of the market model and random coefficient model using mergers as an event
by Iqbal, Zahid & Dheeriya, Prakash L.
1990, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 253-263 Optimal monetary policy in a multisector economy with an economywide money market
by Duca, John V. & VanHoose, David D.
- 265-277 Price inertia and policy ineffectiveness in the United States, 1890-1984: A reappraisal
by Siklos, P. L.
- 279-288 Does government debt affect the exchange rate? An empirical analysis of the U.S.--Canadian exchange rate
by Douglas McMillin, W. & Koray, Faik
- 289-302 Codetermination and enterprise performance: Empirical evidence from West Germany
by Gurdon, Michael A. & Rai, Anoop
- 303-309 Personal taxes, holding period, and the valuation of growth stocks
by Chiang, Raymond & Rodriguez, Ricardo J.
- 311-323 Bond returns and betas as dependent upon conditioned Brownian motion
by Stock, Duane
- 325-351 Across-discipline journal awareness and evaluation: Implications for the promotion and tenure process
by Henderson, Glenn Jr. & Ganesh, Gopala K. & Chandy, P. R.
- 353-356 A remark on competitive speculation under uncertainty
by Da Hsiang Donald Lien
1990, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 185-194 Large risks and the decision to incorporate
by Craig, Ben & Thiel, Stuart E.
- 195-200 Consistency of conjectures in the conventional models of monopoly, monopolistic competition, and perfect competition
by Daniel, Coldwell III
- 201-212 Innovations in liquidity and financial asset yields in a model of capital utilization by firms
by Burkett, Paul & Idson, Todd L.
- 213-223 Some empirical evidence of bias in random, market-value-weighted portfolios
by Frankfurter, George & Vertes, Peter
- 225-236 An analysis of consumer expectation effects on demand in a dynamic almost ideal demand system
by Taube, Paul M. & Huth, William L. & MacDonald, Don N.
- 237-241 Impacts of market power and capital-labor ratio on systematic risk: A Cobb-Douglas approach
by Lee, Cheng-Few & Thomas Liaw, K. & Rahman, Shafiqur
- 243-252 Geometry of risk aversion: A comment
by Sun, Liming
1990, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 93-93 Acknowledgements
by Frankfurter, George M.
- 95-98 Is normative portfolio theory dead?
by Frankfurter, George M.
- 99-103 Normative portfolio analysis: Past, present, and future
by Markowitz, Harry M.
- 105-120 The efficient set mathematics when mean-variance problems are subject to general linear constraints
by Best, Michael J. & Grauer, Robert R.
- 121-131 Dividends, taxes, and normative portfolio theory
by Lamoureux, Christopher G.
- 133-140 Commodity price uncertainty and optimal asset choice
by Boyle, Glenn W.
- 141-152 International investment and currency risk
by Chamberlain, Trevor W. & Cheung, C. Sherman & Kwan, Clarence C. Y.
- 153-164 Implementing the growth-optimal policy for choosing portfolios
by Pulley, Lawrence B. & Epps, T. W.
- 165-170 Rules for diversification for all risk averters
by Li, Yuming & Ziemba, William T.
- 171-182 Are banks special? The separation of banking from commerce and interest rate risk
by Saunders, Anthony & Yourougou, Pierre
1990, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-16 Interest rate smoothing and staggered contracting
by Reinhart, Vincent
- 17-26 Oligopoly, uncertain demand, and forward markets
by Eldor, Rafael & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 27-37 The policy implications of the underground economy
by Houston, Joel F.
- 39-50 The risk of dual classes of shares: Are there differences?
by Amoako-Adu, Ben & Smith, Brian & Schnabel, Jacques
- 51-67 Regulation of creditor practices: An evaluation of the FTC's credit practice rule
by Villegas, Daniel J.
- 69-79 Unisex pensions and retirement
by Gohmann, Stephan F. & McClure, James E.
- 81-88 Ratings of women economists by citations
by Medoff, Marshall H. & Skov, I. Lee
- 89-92 Measuring the term premium: An empirical note
by Cornell, Bradford
1989, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 265-282 An analysis of variance test for linearity of the two-parameter asset pricing model
by Klemkosky, Robert C. & Resnik, Bruce G.
- 283-296 Learning, experience, and firm size
by Stefanou, Spiro E.
- 297-305 Bank profits, risk, and local market concentration
by Liang, Nellie
- 307-315 Mergers and bankruptcy costs
by Yagil, Joseph
- 317-325 Production costs for consolidated multibank holding companies compared to one-bank organizational forms
by Rangan, Nanda & Zardkoohi, Asghar & Kolari, James & Fraser, Donald
- 327-336 An examination of misclassifications with bank failure prediction models
by Looney, Stephen W. & Wansley, James W. & Lane, William R.
- 337-353 Relationship between bank holding company risk and nonbank activity
by Brewer, Elijah III
- 355-364 Testing for the functional form of labor-demand equations: The textile industry
by Hsing, Yu
1989, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 197-212 Hedonic methods for evaluating product design and pricing strategies
by Hartman, Raymond S.
- 213-223 Linear and generalized functional form market models for electric utility firms
by Bubnys, Edward L. & Lee, Cheng-Few
- 235-240 A note on the stock market's reaction to the accident at three mile island
by Spudeck, Raymond E. & Moyer, R. Charles
- 241-251 Why the empirical relationship between deficits and interest rates appears so fragile
by Kim, Sun-Young & Lombra, Raymond E.
- 253-263 Imperfect competition under uncertainty
by Fishelson, Gideon
1989, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 95-105 An empirical investigation of the critical herfindahl index in banking
by Daskin, Alan J. & Wolken, John D.
- 107-126 The determinants of interindustry failure
by Platt, Harlan D.
- 127-142 Credit card possesion and use: Changes over time
by Lindley, James T. & Rudolph, Patricia & Selby, Edward Jr.
- 143-151 A discount rate adjustment for calculation of expected net present values and internal rates of return of investments whose lives are uncertain
by Trippi, Robert R.
- 153-169 On biases reported in studies of the black-scholes option pricing model
by Hammer, Jerry A.
- 185-193 Macroeconomic influences on beta
by Abell, John D. & Krueger, Thomas M.
1989, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-19 Spin-offs and the listing phenomena
by Seifert, Bruce & Rubin, Bruce
- 21-31 Endogenous wage indexation and optimal monetary policy with and without a balanced budget
by Waller, Christopher J. & VanHoose, David D.
- 33-47 Aggregation bias in applying the pure-play technique
by Zivney, Terry L.
- 49-60 Bullish or bearish: A Bayesian dichotomous model to forecast turning points in the foreign exchange market
by Shyy, Gang
- 61-68 Additional evidence on the nature of size-related anomalies
by McDonald, Bill & Miller, Robert E.
- 69-88 Partial acquisitions and firm performance
by Eyssell, Thomas H.
- 89-92 Optimal monetary-fiscal stabilizers under an indexed versus nonindexed tax structure--a correction
by Wang, Chun-Yuan
- 93-94 Optimal monetary-fiscal stabilizers under an indexed versus nonindexed tax structure--reply
by Benavie, Arthur & Froyen, Richard
1988, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 271-284 Geographic diversification and risk in banking
by Liang, Nellie & Rhoades, Stephen A.
- 285-294 Discount rate policy and alternative Federal Reserve operating procedures in a rational expectations setting
by VanHoose, David D.
- 295-308 Do budget deficits matter? Some pre-world war II evidence
by McMillin, W. Douglas & Beard, Thomas R.
- 309-318 On the application of optimal control theory to financial planning and forecasting
by Vasconcellos, Geraldo M.
- 319-333 A time series analysis of aggregate business failure activity and credit conditions
by Melicher, Ronald W. & Hearth, Douglas
- 335-342 Market structure and price adjustment in Canadian manufacturing industries
by Kardasz, Stanley W. & Stollery, Kenneth R.
1988, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 191-191 Introduction
by Chen, Andrew H. & Lee, Cheng F.
- 193-208 Financial implications of ERISA: Theory and evidence
by Chen, Andrew H. & Kang, Hyosuk
- 209-228 Corporate pension policy and capital structure decisions
by Alderson, Michael J. & Lee, Cheng F.
- 229-238 On optimal pension funding policy
by Ang, James & Lai, Tsong-Yue
- 239-242 Unions, default risk, and pension underfunding
by Cherkes, Martin & Yaari, Uzi
- 243-252 The effect of changes in pension plan interest rate assumptions on security prices
by D'Arcy, Stephen P. & Chen, K. C.
- 253-263 On the determinants of individual demand for pension annuities
by Huang, Roger D. & Hu, Sheng Cheng
1988, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 103-115 Company acquisitions, investment and Tobin's Q: Evidence for the United Kingdom
by Holly, Sean & Longbottom, Andrew
- 117-128 On competitive speculation under uncertainty: An alternative view of the inverse-carrying charge
by Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 129-137 Risk and return: A question of the holding period
by Gilmer, R. Jr.
- 139-145 Beta-adjusted hurdle rates for proprietary firms
by Collins, Robert A. & Barry, Peter J.
- 147-157 Mean-variance analysis of portfolios of dependent investments: An extension
by Pastore, Mario H.
- 159-167 October 1979: Did the Federal Reserve change policy objectives?
by Hakes, David R.
- 169-176 A statistical analysis of worldwide coauthorship relationships in scholarly journals of business
by Petry, Glenn H.
- 177-189 Risk diversification characteristics of currency cocktails
by Soenen, Luc A.
1988, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-15 Expense-preference behavior, agency costs, and firm organization the savings and loan industry
by Blair, Dudley W. & Placone, Dennis L.
- 17-25 Is interest rate volatility necessarily harmful?
by Kantor, Laurence & Lombra, Raymond
- 27-44 An empirical examination of rate of return regulation in the electric utility industry: 1971-1982
by Fitzpatrick, Dennis B. & Settle, John W. & Petry, Glenn H.
- 45-56 A pooled cross-section time-series approach to business failures in 18 U.S. cities
by Post, Gerald V. & Moon, Soo-Young
- 57-66 Salary prospects, unemployment, and work effort
by Perri, Timothy J.
- 67-78 A time-series study of the employment-real wage relationship: An international comparison
by Kim, Benjamin J. C.
- 79-95 The impact of deregulation on the true cost of savings deposits : Evidence from Illinois and Wisconsin savings and loan associations
by Brewer, Elijah III
- 97-101 Output-inflation tradeoffs in 34 countries: Comment
by Williams, Michael A. & Baumann, Michael G.
1987, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 289-312 The impact of mergers in banking : Evidence from a nationwide sample of federally chartered banks
by Rose, Peter S.
- 313-326 Has bank holding companies' diversification affected their risk of failure?
by Wall, Larry D.
- 327-338 A monetary approach to measuring long-run inflationary expectations
by Walter Elliot, J. & Reichenstein, William
- 339-347 Issue size and term-structure segmentation effects on regional yield differentials in the municipal bond market
by Kidwell, David S. & Koch, Timothy W. & Stock, Duane R.
- 349-356 A note on the demand for labor by firms and the Phillips curve phenomenon
by Booth, Laurence D. & Finkelstein, John M. & Lee, Wayne Y.
- 357-362 The demand for risky assets under uncertain inflation : An examination of some widely used assumptions
by Keith Womer, Norman & Stephen Cantrell, R.
- 363-372 Illustrations of financing and tax transfers in owner financed real estate sales
by Ang, James & Chiang, Raymond & Corgel, John B.
1987, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 185-197 Effects of the Bell system breakup on the cost of debt
by Laber, Gene
- 199-207 Scale economies in the savings and loan industry before diversification
by Goldstein, Steven J. & McNulty, James E. & Verbrugge, James A.
- 209-224 On the potential contribution of trade policy initiatives for alleviating the international debt crisis
by Laird, Samuel & Yeats, Alexander
- 225-238 Rivalry and expense-preference behavior among savings banks: The role of deposit rate ceilings
by Basch, Donald L.
- 239-250 Price control and input inventory: The firm under disequilibrium trading
by McDermott, John & Bain, James & Miller, Jeffrey
- 251-266 Merger proposals, managerial discretion, and magnitude of shareholders' wealth gains
by Yen, Gili
- 267-277 The relative impact of economics journals: A cross-country survey and comparison
by Malouin, Jean-Louis & -Francois Outreville, J.
- 279-288 The characteristics of interest rates and stock variances implied in option prices
by Martin, Deryl W. & French, Dan W.
1987, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 91-99 Market power and systematic risk: an empirical analysis using Tobin's q ratio
by Bernier, Gilles
- 101-114 Interest rate uncertainty and corporate debt maturity
by Mitchell, Karlyn
- 115-129 Service bundling and strategic equilibrium in the information services industry
by Berman, Lawrence E. & Dunn, Donald A.
- 131-140 Macroeconomic information and stock prices
by Hardouvelis, Gikas A.
- 141-158 Optimal hedging with futures options
by Wolf, Avner
- 159-170 The effect of information costs on regulatory outcomes
by Abrams, Burton A. & Lewis, Kenneth A.
- 171-183 Measuring market power as competition over time
by Marlow, Michael L. & Wright, George E.