Journal of Criminal Justice
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:jcjust
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2011, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 30-38 Correlates and consequences of pre-incarceration gang involvement among incarcerated youthful felons
by Varano, Sean P. & Huebner, Beth M. & Bynum, Timothy S.
- 3-11 ADHD and criminality: A primer on the genetic, neurobiological, evolutionary, and treatment literature for criminologists
by Schilling, Catrina M. & Walsh, Anthony & Yun, Ilhong
- 21-29 Physical health and crime among low-income urban women: An application of general strain theory
by Schroeder, Ryan D. & Hill, Terrence D. & Haynes, Stacy Hoskins & Bradley, Christopher
- 12-20 Assessing the effectiveness of mental health courts: A quantitative review
by Sarteschi, Christine M. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Kim, Kevin
2010, Volume 38, Issue 6
- 1097-1099 The criminal justice system works!
by DeLisi, Matt
- 1100-1112 General strain theory and the development of stressors and substance use over time: An empirical examination
by Slocum, Lee Ann
- 1113-1121 General strain theory, persistence, and desistance among young adult males
by Eitle, David
- 1122-1131 Sex differences in the causes of self-control: An examination of mediation, moderation, and gendered etiologies
by Chapple, Constance L. & Vaske, Jamie & Hope, Trina L.
- 1132-1140 Sugar and spice and everything nice? Exploring institutional misconduct among serious and violent female delinquents
by Blackburn, Ashley G. & Trulson, Chad R.
- 1141-1149 The influence of forensic evidence on the case outcomes of homicide incidents
by Baskin, Deborah & Sommers, Ira
- 1150-1159 Healthy, wealthy, and wise: Incorporating health issues as a source of strain in Agnew's general strain theory
by Stogner, John & Gibson, Chris L.
- 1160-1166 Cleaning up your act: Forensic awareness as a detection avoidance strategy
by Beauregard, Eric & Bouchard, Martin
- 1167-1175 The relationship between shift work, perceived stress, sleep and health in Swiss police officers
by Gerber, Markus & Hartmann, Tim & Brand, Serge & Holsboer-Trachsler, Edith & Pühse, Uwe
- 1176-1185 An empirical examination of adolescence-limited offending: A direct test of Moffitt's maturity gap thesis
by Barnes, J.C. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 1186-1190 Research Note: Assessing the validity of college samples: Are students really that different?
by Wiecko, Filip M.
- 1191-1201 Assessing the victim-offender overlap among Puerto Rican youth
by Maldonado-Molina, Mildred M. & Jennings, Wesley G. & Tobler, Amy L. & Piquero, Alex R. & Canino, Glorisa
2010, Volume 38, Issue 5
- 841-853 The total effects of boot camps that house juveniles: A systematic review of the evidence
by Meade, Benjamin & Steiner, Benjamin
- 854-861 School disorder, victimization, and general v. place-specific student avoidance
by Randa, Ryan & Wilcox, Pamela
- 862-869 Death penalty views in China, Japan and the U.S.: An empirical comparison
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric G. & Wang, Jin & Saito, Toyoji & Pilot, Rebecca
- 870-879 Exploring the utility of entitlement in understanding sexual aggression
by Bouffard, Leana Allen
- 880-888 Sense-making and secondary victimization among unsolved homicide co-victims
by Stretesky, Paul B. & Shelley, Tara O'Connor & Hogan, Michael J. & Unnithan, N. Prabha
- 889-895 Suicide by Cop: Police shooting as a method of self-harming
by Lord, Vivian B. & Sloop, Michael W.
- 896-902 "Shaping history" or "Riding the wave"?: President Bush's influence on the public opinion of terrorism, homeland security, & crime
by Hill, Joshua & Oliver, Willard M. & Marion, Nancy E.
- 903-912 Street youths' control imbalance and soft and hard drug use
by Baron, Stephen W.
- 913-920 Routine activities as determinants of gender differences in delinquency
by Novak, Katherine B. & Crawford, Lizabeth A.
- 921-933 Groups, gangs, and delinquency: Does organization matter?
by Bouchard, Martin & Spindler, Andrea
- 934-941 The impact of political entity on confidence in legal authorities: A comparison between China and Taiwan
by Lai, Yung-Lien & Cao, Liqun & Zhao, Jihong Solomon
- 942-950 Social disorganization, marriage, and reported crime: A spatial econometrics examination of family formation and criminal offending
by Porter, Jeremy R. & Purser, Christopher W.
- 951-958 Understanding gender-specific intimate partner homicide: A theoretical and domestic service-oriented approach
by Reckdenwald, Amy & Parker, Karen F.
- 959-968 To execute or not to execute? Examining public support for capital punishment of sex offenders
by Mancini, Christina & Mears, Daniel P.
- 969-980 The co-implementation of Compstat and community policing
by Willis, James J. & Mastrofski, Stephen D. & Kochel, Tammy Rinehart
- 981-987 Assessing the perceived benefits--criminal offending relationship
by Baker, Thomas & Piquero, Alex R.
- 988-997 Anticipated shaming and criminal offending
by Rebellon, Cesar J. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper & Piquero, Alex R. & Tibbetts, Stephen G.
- 998-1005 The stalking victim's decision to contact the police: A test of Gottfredson and Gottfredson's theory of criminal justice decision making
by Reyns, Bradford W. & Englebrecht, Christine M.
- 1006-1014 It's not the time they spend, it's what they do: The interaction between delinquent friends and unstructured routine activity on delinquency: Findings from two countries
by Svensson, Robert & Oberwittler, Dietrich
- 1015-1021 Exploring the link between self-control and partner violence: Bad parenting or general criminals
by Payne, Brian K. & Higgins, George E. & Blackwell, Brenda
- 1022-1030 Sex offender residence restriction laws: Parental perceptions and public policy
by Mancini, Christina & Shields, Ryan T. & Mears, Daniel P. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 1031-1037 The validity of criminal justice contacts reported by inmates: A comparison of self-reported data with official prison records
by Roberts, Jennifer & Wells, William
- 1038-1044 A review of the life-events calendar method for criminological research
by Sutton, James E.
- 1045-1052 Differentiating identity theft: An exploratory study of victims using a national victimization survey
by Copes, Heith & Kerley, Kent R. & Huff, Rodney & Kane, John
- 1053-1062 An empirical examination of AMBER Alert 'successes'
by Griffin, Timothy
- 1063-1070 Do you get what you pay for? Type of counsel and its effect on criminal court outcomes
by Hartley, Richard D. & Miller, Holly Ventura & Spohn, Cassia
- 1071-1081 Adolescent school-based sexual victimization: Exploring the role of opportunity in a gender-specific multilevel analysis
by Tillyer, Marie Skubak & Wilcox, Pamela & Gialopsos, Brooke Miller
- 1082-1089 Reexamining the effect of christian denominational affiliation on death penalty support
by Wozniak, Kevin H. & Lewis, Andrew R.
- 1090-1096 Cost-benefit analysis of reducing crime through electronic monitoring of parolees and probationers
by Yeh, Stuart S.
2010, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 339-339 Editorial
by DeLisi, Matt
- 340-347 Criminal career progression among serious youthful offenders in Australia
by Brame, Robert & Mazerolle, Paul & Piquero, Alex R.
- 348-358 Inmate homicides: Killers, victims, motives, and circumstances
by Cunningham, Mark D. & Sorensen, Jon R. & Vigen, Mark P. & Woods, S.O.
- 359-367 Bad moon on the rise? Lunar cycles and incidents of crime
by Schafer, Joseph A. & Varano, Sean P. & Jarvis, John P. & Cancino, Jeffrey M.
- 368-375 Intensive supervision programs: Does program philosophy and the principles of effective intervention matter?
by Lowenkamp, Christopher T. & Flores, Anthony W. & Holsinger, Alexander M. & Makarios, Matthew D. & Latessa, Edward J.
- 376-382 Offender military enlistment as an emotionally intelligent justice system intervention
by Miller, J. Mitchell & Shutt, J. Eagle & Bernstein, Barry
- 383-389 A partial assessment of South Carolina's Project Safe Neighborhoods strategy: Evidence from a sample of supervised offenders
by Barnes, J.C. & Kurlychek, Megan C. & Miller, Holly Ventura & Miller, J. Mitchell & Kaminski, Robert J.
- 390-399 An investigation of reporting violence to the police: A focus on Hispanic victims
by Rennison, Callie Marie
- 400-409 Methodological artifacts in tests of rational choice theory
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A. & Exum, M. Lyn & Collins, Peter A.
- 410-418 Dangerous work and name disclosure
by Hsieh, An Tien & Hsieh, Shu-Hui
- 419-429 Cents and sensibility: A case study of corrections reform in Kansas and Michigan
by Rengifo, Andres F. & Stemen, Don & Dooley, Brendan D. & Amidon, Ethan & Gendon, Amanda
- 430-438 Hot corridors, deterrence, and guardianship: An assessment of the Omaha metro safety initiative
by Crank, John & Koski, Connie & Johnson, Michael & Ramirez, Eric & Shelden, Andrew & Peterson, Sandra
- 439-445 Delinquency and alcohol-impaired driving among young males: A longitudinal study
by Zhang, Lening & Wieczorek, William F. & Welte, John W. & Colder, Craig & Nochajski, Thomas H.
- 446-452 Modeling violent crime rates: A test of social disorganization in the city of Tshwane, South Africa
by Breetzke, Gregory Dennis
- 453-459 Who is better for handling domestic violence? A comparison between Taiwanese female and male Officers
by Sun, Ivan Y. & Chu, Doris C.
- 460-469 Correlates of informal social control in Guangzhou, China neighborhoods
by Jiang, Shanhe & Wang, Jin & Lambert, Eric
- 470-480 Criminological theory in the digital age: The case of social learning theory and digital piracy
by Morris, Robert G. & Higgins, George E.
- 481-488 Social ecology and police discretion: The influence of district crime, cynicism, and workload on the vigor of police response
by Sobol, James J.
- 489-495 The role of broken homes in the development of self-control: A propensity score matching approach
by Boutwell, Brian B. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 496-505 Experienced and vicarious victimization: Do social support and self-esteem prevent delinquent responses?
by Kort-Butler, Lisa A.
- 506-511 Is blue going green?
by Worrall, John L.
- 512-519 Reducing intimate partner homicides: The effects of federally-funded shelter service availability in California
by Wells, William & Ren, Ling & DeLeon-Granados, William
- 520-530 Motivations for becoming a police officer: Re-assessing officer attitudes and job satisfaction after six years on the street
by White, Michael D. & Cooper, Jonathon A. & Saunders, Jessica & Raganella, Anthony J.
- 531-537 Exploring terra incognita: Family values and prostitution acceptance in China
by Cao, Liqun & Stack, Steven
- 538-544 Race, concentrated disadvantage, and recidivism: A test of interaction effects
by Wehrman, Michael M.
- 545-554 Supermax housing: Placement, duration, and time to reentry
by Mears, Daniel P. & Bales, William D.
- 555-561 The sex ratio and male-on-female intimate partner violence
by D'Alessio, Stewart J. & Stolzenberg, Lisa
- 562-571 Adult child-parent bonds and life course criminality
by Schroeder, Ryan D. & Giordano, Peggy C. & Cernkovich, Stephen A.
- 572-579 Juvenile arrest rates for burglary: A routine activities approach
by Pollock, Wendi & Joo, Hee-Jong & Lawton, Brian
- 580-588 Attitudes about rehabilitating sex offenders: Demographic, victimization, and community-level influences
by Payne, Brian K. & Tewksbury, Richard & Mustaine, Elizabeth Ehrhardt
- 589-594 Citizen perceptions of the legitimacy of traffic stops
by Allen, John & Monk-Turner, Elizabeth
- 595-603 Perceptions of gangs among prosecutors in an emerging gang city
by Fox, Kathleen A. & Lane, Jodi
- 604-608 A half century of parole rules: Conditions of parole in the United States, 2008
by Travis III, Lawrence F. & Stacey, James
- 609-615 The job in the joint: The impact of generation and gender on work stress in prison
by Dial, Kelly Cheeseman & Downey, Ragan A. & Goodlin, Wendi Elizabeth
- 616-624 Child-to-parent violence: Profile of abusive adolescents and their families
by Ibabe, Izaskun & Jaureguizar, Joana
- 625-632 Listening to law enforcement officers: The promises and problems of police - adult probation partnerships
by Kim, Bitna & Gerber, Jurg & Beto, Dan Richard
- 633-639 Strength in numbers? A test of Kanter's theory of tokenism
by Stichman, Amy J. & Hassell, Kimberly D. & Archbold, Carol A.
- 640-647 A comparison of Chinese and the U.S. police cadets' occupational attitudes
by Sun, Ivan Y. & Sobol, James J. & Cretacci, Michael & Phillips, Scott W.
- 648-656 Investigating mobility patterns for repetitive sexual contact in adult child sex offending
by Leclerc, Benoit & Wortley, Richard & Smallbone, Stephen
- 657-665 Driving racial profiling research forward: Learning lessons from sentencing research
by Tillyer, Rob & Hartley, Richard D.
- 666-674 Instittutional attachments and self-control: Understanding deviance among Hispanic adolescents
by Alvarez-Rivera, Lorna L. & Fox, Kathleen A.
- 675-684 The effect of gender on violent and nonviolent recidivism: A meta-analysis
by Collins, Rachael E.
- 685-692 The impact of race/ethnicity, neighborhood context, and police/citizen interaction on residents' attitudes toward the police
by Lai, Yung-Lien & Zhao, Jihong Solomon
- 693-701 Community influence on prosecutorial dismissals: A multilevel analysis of case- and county-level factors
by Franklin, Travis W.
- 702-710 Toward a systematic foundation for identifying evidence-based criminal justice sanctions and their relative effectiveness
by Mears, Daniel P. & Barnes, J.C.
- 711-719 Do cities influence co-offending?
by D'Alessio, Stewart J. & Stolzenberg, Lisa
- 720-729 Do perceptions of neighborhood disorganization predict crime or victimization? An examination of gang member versus non-gang member jail inmates
by Fox, Kathleen A. & Lane, Jodi & Akers, Ronald L.
- 730-736 Managing prison gangs: Results from a survey of U.S. prison systems
by Winterdyk, John & Ruddell, Rick
- 737-746 The ineffective police leader: Acts of commission and omission
by Schafer, Joseph A.
- 747-757 Sentencing disparities for juvenile offenders sentenced to adult prisons: An individual and contextual analysis
by Carmichael, Jason T.
- 758-766 Revisiting Broken Windows Theory: Examining the Sources of the Discriminant Validity of Perceived Disorder and Crime
by Gau, Jacinta M. & Pratt, Travis C.
- 767-772 A general theory of crime and computer crime: An empirical test
by Moon, Byongook & McCluskey, John D. & McCluskey, Cynthia Perez
- 773-780 College Students' Evaluation of Police Performance: A Comparison of Chinese and Americans
by Wu, Yuning
- 781-789 Ethnic identity and attitudes toward the police among African American juvenile offenders
by Lee, Joanna M. & Steinberg, Laurence & Piquero, Alex R.
- 790-795 Don't help victims of crime if you don't have the time: Assessing support for Good Samaritan laws
by Time, Victoria & Payne, Brian K. & Gainey, Randy R.
- 796-806 Deprivation, importation, and prison suicide: Combined effects of institutional conditions and inmate composition
by Dye, Meredith Huey
- 807-818 Organizational stressors and police performance
by Shane, Jon M.
- 819-826 Assessing the relationship between individual characteristics, neighborhood context, and fear of crime
by Scarborough, Brittney K. & Like-Haislip, Toya Z. & Novak, Kenneth J. & Lucas, Wayne L. & Alarid, Leanne F.
- 827-834 Acculturation and mental health: Response to a culturally-centered delinquency intervention
by Sharkey, Jill D. & Sander, Janay B. & Jimerson, Shane R.
- 835-840 Criminal justice involvement and service need among men on methadone who have perpetrated intimate partner violence
by Wu, Elwin & El-Bassel, Nabila & Gilbert, Louisa & Sarfo, Bright & Seewald, Randy
2010, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 227-236 The effect of self-control on victimization in the cyberworld
by Bossler, Adam M. & Holt, Thomas J.
- 237-244 The expression of low self-control as problematic drinking in adolescents: An integrated control perspective
by Baker, Joseph O.
- 245-254 Social disorganization theory and the college campus
by Barton, Michael S. & Jensen, Bonnie Lynne & Kaufman, Joanne M.
- 255-265 Untangling race and class effects on juvenile arrests
by Tapia, Michael
- 266-275 Budgetary support for police services in U.S. municipalities: Comparing political culture, socioeconomic characteristics and incrementalism as rival explanations for budget share allocation to police
by Zhao, Jihong & Ren, Ling & Lovrich, Nicholas P.
- 276-281 Electronic supervision for sex offenders: Implications for work load, supervision goals, versatility, and policymaking
by Payne, Brian K. & DeMichele, Matthew T.
- 282-290 Look who's stalking: Obsessive pursuit and attachment theory
by Patton, Christina L. & Nobles, Matt R. & Fox, Kathleen A.
- 291-300 Parole release decisions: Impact of victim input on a representative sample of inmates
by Caplan, Joel M.
- 301-310 Criminal victimization in South Korea: A multilevel approach
by Roh, Sunghoon & Kim, Eunyoung & Yun, Minwoo
- 311-317 Critical incident preparedness and response on post-secondary campuses
by Schafer, Joseph A. & Heiple, Eric & Giblin, Matthew J. & Burruss Jr., George W.
- 318-328 An empirical assessment of the process of restorative justice
by Kuo, Shih-Ya & Longmire, Dennis & Cuvelier, Steven J.
- 329-337 Resiliency against victimization: Results from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health
by Daigle, Leah E. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Turner, Michael G.
2010, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 109-117 Evaluating the Juvenile Breaking the Cycle Program's impact on recidivism
by Krebs, Christopher P. & Lattimore, Pamela K. & Cowell, Alexander J. & Graham, Phillip
- 118-129 Cross-agency coordination of offender reentry: Testing collaboration outcomes
by Bond, Brenda J. & Gittell, Jody Hoffer
- 130-138 The organizational structure of international drug smuggling
by Benson, Jana S. & Decker, Scott H.
- 139-148 Take this job and shove it: An exploratory study of turnover intent among jail staff
by Lambert, Eric & Paoline III, Eugene A.
- 149-159 Physically forced, alcohol-induced, and verbally coerced sexual victimization: Assessing risk factors among university women
by Franklin, Cortney A.
- 160-165 Risk factors for victimization of younger and older persons: Assessing differences in isolation, intra-individual characteristics, and health factors
by Vandecar-Burdin, Tancy & Payne, Brian K.
- 166-173 Reconceptualizing organizational change in the Comprehensive Gang Model
by Gebo, Erika & Boyes-Watson, Carolyn & Pinto-Wilson, Sayra
- 174-184 Fear of crime among citizens of Turkey
by Karakus, Onder & McGarrell, Edmund F. & Basibuyuk, Oguzhan
- 185-192 The intersection of defendants' race, gender, and age in prosecutorial decision making
by Franklin, Travis W.
- 193-206 Organizational factors that contribute to police deadly force liability
by Lee, Hoon & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 207-215 Where juvenile serious offenders live: A neighborhood analysis of Wayne County, Michigan
by Ng, Irene Y.H.
- 216-225 Problem officers? Analyzing problem behavior patterns from a large cohort
by Harris, Christopher J.
2010, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-6 Public preferences for rehabilitation versus incarceration of juvenile offenders
by Piquero, Alex R. & Steinberg, Laurence
- 7-16 The relationship among distributive and procedural justice and correctional life satisfaction, burnout, and turnover intent: An exploratory study
by Lambert, Eric G. & Hogan, Nancy L. & Jiang, Shanhe & Elechi, O. Oko & Benjamin, Barbaranne & Morris, Angela & Laux, John M. & Dupuy, Paula
- 17-24 Investigating the effects of peer association and parental influence on adolescent substance use: A study of adolescents in South Korea
by Kim, Eunyoung & Kwak, Dae-Hoon & Yun, Minwoo
- 25-33 Drug courts for DWI offenders? The effectiveness of two hybrid drug courts on DWI offenders
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A. & Richardson, Katie A. & Franklin, Travis
- 34-41 Interracial contact and fear of crime
by Mears, Daniel P. & Stewart, Eric A.
- 42-50 A tale of three cities: Crime and displacement after Hurricane Katrina
by Varano, Sean P. & Schafer, Joseph A. & Cancino, Jeffrey M. & Decker, Scott H. & Greene, Jack R.
- 51-56 The role of race/ethnicity and race relations on public opinion related to the immigration and crime link
by Higgins, George E. & Gabbidon, Shaun L. & Martin, Favian
- 57-68 Determinants of public confidence in police: An international perspective
by Jang, Hyunseok & Joo, Hee-Jong & Zhao, Jihong (Solomon)
- 69-76 Rating the prison boss: Examining supervision among prison health care staff
by Garland, Brett & McCarty, William
- 77-87 Are police-reported driving while Black data a valid indicator of the race and ethnicity of the traffic law violators police stop? A negative answer with minor qualifications
by Lundman, Richard J.
- 88-98 The impacts of the Virginia Tech and Northern Illinois University shootings on fear of crime on campus
by Kaminski, Robert J. & Koons-Witt, Barbara A. & Thompson, Norma Stewart & Weiss, Douglas
- 99-107 Determinants of attitudes toward police of Latino immigrants and non-immigrants
by Correia, Mark E.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 6
- 525-533 The gender gap in death penalty support: An exploratory study
by Cochran, John K. & Sanders, Beth A.
- 534-541 The impact of race on criminal justice ideology: An examination of high school students
by Hurst, Yolander G. & Nation, Denise D.
- 542-552 The impact of agency context, policies, and practices on violence against police
by Fridell, Lorie & Faggiani, Don & Taylor, Bruce & Brito, Corina Sole & Kubu, Bruce
- 553-563 Constructing crime: Neighborhood characteristics and police recording behavior
by Varano, Sean P. & Schafer, Joseph A. & Cancino, Jeffrey Michael & Swatt, Marc L.
- 564-575 Race, driving, and police organization: Modeling moving and nonmoving traffic stops with citizen self-reports of driving practices
by Miller, Kirk
- 576-585 Structural correlates of female homicide: A cross-national analysis
by Agha, Suzanne
- 586-595 The place of public fear in sentencing and correctional policy
by Cook, Carrie L. & Lane, Jodi
- 596-607 The assessment of risk to recidivate among a juvenile offending population
by Baglivio, Michael T.
- 608-616 Differential effects of an offender-focused crime prevention media campaign
by Flexon, Jamie L. & Guerette, Rob T.
- 617-626 The problem of human trafficking in the U.S.: Public frames and policy responses
by Farrell, Amy & Fahy, Stephanie
- 627-635 Immigrants, assimilation, and perceived school disorder: An examination of the "other" ethnicities
by Watkins, Adam M. & Melde, Chris
2009, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 419-426 Predictors of job satisfaction among police officers: Does personality matter?
by Miller, Holly A. & Mire, Scott & Kim, Bitna
- 427-434 Ethnic and immigrant residential concentration, and crime rates
by Herzog, Sergio
- 435-441 How staff attitude and support for inmate treatment and rehabilitation differs by job category: An evaluation of findings from Pennsylvania's Department of Corrections' employee training curriculum 'Reinforcing Positive Behavior'
by Young, Jacqueline L. & Antonio, Michael E. & Wingeard, Lisa M.
- 442-451 Street youths' violent responses to violent personal, vicarious, and anticipated strain
by Baron, Stephen W.
- 452-460 Examining the "CSI-effect" in the cases of circumstantial evidence and eyewitness testimony: Multivariate and path analyses
by Kim, Young S. & Barak, Gregg & Shelton, Donald E.
- 461-471 Explaining criminal victimization in Taiwan: A lifestyle approach
by Kuo, Shih-Ya & Cuvelier, Steven J. & Chang, Kuang-Ming
- 472-477 Correlates of currency counterfeiting
by Morris, Robert G. & Copes, Heith & Perry-Mullis, Kendra
- 478-487 Self-control, differential association, and gang membership: A theoretical and empirical extension of the literature
by Kissner, Jason & Pyrooz, David C.
- 488-495 Juvenile attitudes towards the police: The importance of subcultural involvement and community ties
by Brick, Bradley T. & Taylor, Terrance J. & Esbensen, Finn-Aage
- 496-504 Why do people support gun control?: Alternative explanations of support for handgun bans
by Kleck, Gary & Gertz, Marc & Bratton, Jason
- 505-511 An assessment of the relative impact of criminal justice and criminology journals
by Sorensen, Jon R.
- 512-522 Gender differences in police officers' attitudes: Assessing current empirical evidence
by Poteyeva, Margarita & Sun, Ivan Y.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 317-327 Public views of illegal migration policy and control strategies: A test of the core hypotheses
by Buckler, Kevin & Swatt, Marc L. & Salinas, Patti
- 328-332 African American women on the possibilities of a relationship with an ex-offender
by Gibson, Camille & Roberson, Dominique & Daniel, Angela
- 333-341 Attracting females and racial/ethnic minorities to law enforcement
by Jordan, William T. & Fridell, Lorie & Faggiani, Donald & Kubu, Bruce
- 342-352 Officer gender and traffic ticket decisions: Police blue or women too?
by Lundman, Richard J.
- 353-359 Exploring the perceived extent of and citizens' support for consumer racial profiling: Results from a national poll
by Jordan, Kareem L. & Gabbidon, Shaun L. & Higgins, George E.
- 360-370 Measuring media oriented terrorism
by Surette, Ray & Hansen, Kelly & Noble, Greg
- 371-378 Victimization as a cause of delinquency: The role of depression and gender
by Manasse, Michelle Eileen & Ganem, Natasha Morgan
- 379-387 Adolescent maltreatment, negative emotion, and delinquency: An assessment of general strain theory and family-based strain
by Hollist, Dusten R. & Hughes, Lorine A. & Schaible, Lonnie M.
- 388-395 An economic analysis of the in-prison therapeutic community model on prison management costs
by Zhang, Sheldon X. & Roberts, Robert E.L. & McCollister, Kathryn E.
- 396-403 Trippin' on Sally D: Exploring predictors of Salvia divinorum experimentation
by Miller, Bryan Lee & Griffin III, O. Hayden & Gibson, Chris L. & Khey, David N.
- 404-417 Gender and general strain theory: A replication and exploration of Broidy and Agnew's gender/strain hypothesis among a sample of southwestern Mexican American adolescents
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Nicole L. & Gover, Angela R. & Pérez, Deanna M.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 217-224 Crime reduction outcomes associated with the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program
by Lilley, David & Boba, Rachel
- 225-233 Reasons for death penalty attitudes among Chinese citizens: Retributive or instrumental?
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric G. & Nathan, Vincent M.
- 234-240 Drinking and drug use by college students: Comparing criminal justice majors and non-majors
by Gray, M. Kevin & Brown, Kelly L.
- 241-247 The limits of individual control? Perceived officer power and probationer compliance
by Smith, Hayden P. & Applegate, Brandon K. & Sitren, Alicia H. & Springer, Nicolette Fariello
- 248-255 Emotions and terrorism research: A case for a social-psychological agenda
by Rice, Stephen K.
- 256-261 Police hiring and retention of sexual minorities in Georgia and Texas after Lawrence v. Texas
by Coleman, Eric & Cheurprakobkit, Sutham
- 262-272 Race, gender, and the newsworthiness of homicide incidents
by Gruenewald, Jeff & Pizarro, Jesenia & Chermak, Steven M.
- 273-279 Ethnicity, trust, and acceptance of authority among police officers
by De Angelis, Joseph & Kupchik, Aaron
- 280-287 School resource officers and the criminalization of student behavior
by Theriot, Matthew T.
- 288-295 Gender differences in research productivity among criminal justice and criminology scholars
by Snell, Clete & Sorensen, Jon & Rodriguez, John J. & Kuanliang, Attapol
- 296-304 Mandating treatment for drug possessors: The impact of Senate Bill 123 on the criminal justice system in Kansas
by Stemen, Don & Rengifo, Andres F.
- 305-314 An assessment of the empirical validity and conceptualization of individual level multivariate studies of lifestyle/routine activities theory published from 1995 to 2005
by Spano, Richard & Freilich, Joshua D.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 109-113 Crime trends and the effect of mandated drug treatment: Evidence from California's Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act
by Worrall, John L. & Hiromoto, Scott & Merritt, Nancy & Du, Dan & Jacobson, Jerry O. & Iguchi, Martin Y.
- 114-122 Risk factors for potential occupational exposure to HIV: A study of correctional officers
by Alarid, Leanne Fiftal
- 123-132 The contextual nature of the family structure/delinquency relationship
by Kierkus, Christopher A. & Hewitt, John D.
- 133-141 Female drug abusers, narcotics offenders, and legal punishment in China
by Liang, Bin & Lu, Hong & Taylor, Melanie
- 142-154 Improving criminal justice through better decision making: Lessons from the medical system
by Mears, Daniel P. & Bacon, Sarah
- 155-162 Attitudes about electronic monitoring: Minority and majority racial group differences
by Payne, Brian K. & DeMichele, Matthew & Okafo, Nonso
- 163-173 A test of social learning and intergenerational transmission among batterers
by Wareham, Jennifer & Boots, Denise Paquette & Chavez, Jorge M.
- 174-179 Crimes of the Big Four motorcycle gangs
by Barker, Thomas & Human, Kelly M.
- 180-189 Exploring the dimensions of trust in the police among Chicago juveniles
by Flexon, Jamie L. & Lurigio, Arthur J. & Greenleaf, Richard G.
- 190-199 The impact of state sentencing policies on the U.S. prison population
by Zhang, Yan & Maxwell, Christopher D. & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 200-208 Identifying variation in police officer behavior between juveniles and adults
by Brown, Robert A. & Novak, Kenneth J. & Frank, James
- 209-215 Studying the correlates of fraud victimization and reporting
by Schoepfer, Andrea & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
2009, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-9 Group and solo robberies: Do accomplices shape criminal form?
by Alarid, Leanne Fiftal & Burton Jr., Velmer S. & Hochstetler, Andy L.