Journal of International Management
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:intman
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1
2006, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 47-66 Subsidiary marketing knowledge and strategic development of the multinational corporation
by Holm, Ulf & Sharma, D. Deo
- 67-84 Crossvergence and cultural tendencies: A longitudinal test of the Hong Kong, Taiwan and United States banking sectors
by Kelley, Lane & MacNab, Brent & Worthley, Reginald
- 85-105 Vietnam: A cross-cultural comparison of upward influence ethics
by Ralston, David A. & Terpstra-Tong, Jane & Maignan, Isabelle & Napier, Nancy K. & Nguyen, Van Thang
- 107-125 International experience and CEO selection: An empirical study
by Magnusson, Peter & Boggs, David J.
2005, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 453-455 Global security risks and international competitiveness
by Kotabe, Masaaki
- 457-478 How does homeland security affect U.S. firms' international competitiveness?
by Spich, Robert & Grosse, Robert
- 479-496 Developing the eclectic paradigm as a model of global strategy: An application to the impact of the Sep. 11 terrorist attacks on MNE performance levels
by Li, Sali & Tallman, Stephen B. & Ferreira, Manuel P.
- 497-517 Competition within the U.S. National Security Regime: A study of the U.S. Aerospace Defense Sector
by Nielsen, Christine
- 519-540 Assurance of security in maritime supply chains: Conceptual issues of vulnerability and crisis management
by Barnes, Paul & Oloruntoba, Richard
- 541-562 Pattern of global cyber war and crime: A conceptual framework
by Kshetri, Nir
- 563-580 Information and communications technologies, strategic asymmetry and national security
by Kshetri, Nir
- 581-604 Positioning terrorism in management and marketing: Research propositions
by Czinkota, Michael R. & Knight, Gary A. & Liesch, Peter W. & Steen, John
2005, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 313-329 Cross-border R&D alliances, absorptive capacity and technology learning
by Kim, Chang-Su & Inkpen, Andrew C.
- 331-355 Investment mode strategy and expatriate strategy during times of economic crisis
by Chung, Chris Changwha & Beamish, Paul W.
- 357-375 A taxonomy of reward preference: Examining country differences
by Chiang, Flora F.T. & Birtch, Thomas A.
- 377-396 The role of other orientation on the relationship between institutional distance and expatriate adjustment
by Ramsey, Jase R.
- 397-416 MNC-SME strategic alliances -- A model framing knowledge value as the primary predictor of governance modal choice
by O'Dwyer, Michèle & O'Flynn, Eamonn
- 417-439 Cross-cultural leadership: Goal interdependence and leader-member relations in foreign ventures in China
by Chen, Yi Feng & Tjosvold, Dean
- 441-445 A further comment on the myth of globalization
by Rugman, Alan M.
2005, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 119-123 Information technology and international business: Theory and strategic development
by Kotabe, Masaaki & Mandviwalla, Munir
- 125-142 Governance and global communities
by Watson, Richard T. & Boudreau, Marie-Claude & Greiner, Martina & Wynn, Donald & York, Paul & Gul, Rusen
- 143-161 Information technologies and the future of the multinational enterprise
by Sambharya, Rakesh B. & Kumaraswamy, Arun & Banerjee, Snehamay
- 163-186 Information systems for multinational enterprises--some factors at work in their design and implementation
by Lehmann, Hans & Gallupe, Brent
- 187-200 International business and MIS approaches to multinational organizational research: The cases of knowledge transfer and IT workforce outsourcing
by Niederman, Fred
- 201-227 The business value of digital supply networks: A program of research on the impacts of globalization
by Wareham, Jonathan & Mathiassen, Lars & Rai, Arun & Straub, Detmar & Klein, Richard
- 229-252 The mediating role of innovation on the influence of industry structure and national context on firm performance
by Allred, Brent B. & Swan, K. Scott
- 253-268 The outsourcing of IT-enabled business processes: A conceptual model of the location decision
by Graf, Michael & Mudambi, Susan M.
- 269-292 Acceptance of electronic monitoring and its consequences in different cultural contexts: A conceptual model
by Panina, Daria & Aiello, John R.
- 293-310 Strategic opportunity and economic performance in multinational enterprises: The role and effects of information and communication technology
by Andersen, Torben Juul & Foss, Nicolai Juul
2005, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 19-41 How does globalization affect corporate governance and accountability? A perspective from MNEs
by Luo, Yadong
- 43-66 Differentiated governance of foreign subsidiaries in transnational corporations: an agency theory perspective
by Kim, Bongjin & Prescott, John E. & Kim, Sung Min
- 67-86 Comparing board-level governance at MNEs and local firms: lessons from Turkey
by Alpay, Guven & Bodur, Muzaffer & Ener, Hakan & Talug, Cem
- 87-109 Governance, control and coordination in network context: the cases of Japanese Keiretsu and Sogo Shosha
by Todeva, Emanuela
2004, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 431-451 A coopetition perspective of MNC-host government relations
by Luo, Yadong
- 453-477 Assessing the lead market potential of countries for innovation projects
by Beise, Marian & Cleff, Thomas
- 479-500 The competitive advantage and strategic configuration of knowledge-intensive, small- and medium-sized multinationals: a modified resource-based view
by Almor, Tamar & Hashai, Niron
- 501-510 On the myth of believing that globalization is a myth: or the effects of misdirected responses on obsolescing an emergent substantive discourse
by Stevens, Michael J. & Bird, Allan
- 511-514 Global dialogue: a response to the responders in the special globalization issue of JIM
by Clark, Terry & Knowles, Lynnette & Hodis, Monica
2004, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 307-353 Theoretical foundations of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A review of current research and recommendations for the future
by Shimizu, Katsuhiko & Hitt, Michael A. & Vaidyanath, Deepa & Pisano, Vincenzo
- 355-373 The perceived usefulness of network experiential knowledge in the internationalizing firm
by Blomstermo, Anders & Eriksson, Kent & Lindstrand, Angelika & Sharma, D. Deo
- 375-392 A managerial and personal control model: predictions of work alienation and organizational commitment in Hungary
by Banai, Moshe & Reisel, William D. & Probst, Tahira M.
- 393-411 An exploratory analysis of global managerial mindsets: a case of U.S. textile and apparel industry
by Arora, Anil & Jaju, Anupam & Kefalas, Asterios G. & Perenich, Theresa
- 413-429 The evolving definition of what comprises international strategic management research
by Bruton, Garry D. & Lohrke, Franz T. & Lu, Jane W.
2004, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 151-175 The microfoundations of cluster stickiness--walking in the shoes of the entrepreneur
by Zander, Ivo
- 177-198 Work systems in heavy engineering: the role of national culture and national institutions in multinational corporations
by Matten, Dirk & Geppert, Mike
- 199-218 Globalisation and trends in international R&D alliances
by Narula, Rajneesh & Duysters, Geert
- 219-238 Knowledge-based resources as determinants of MNC structure: tests of an integrative model
by Chi, Tailan & Nystrom, Paul C. & Kircher, Philipp
- 239-258 Patterns of knowledge flows and MNE innovative performance
by Yamin, Mo. & Otto, Juliet
- 259-286 Contextual influences on international subsidiaries' product technology strategy
by Allred, Brent B. & Swan, K. Scott
- 287-305 A technological contingency perspective on the depth and scope of international outsourcing
by Mol, Michael J. & Pauwels, Pieter & Matthyssens, Paul & Quintens, Lieven
2004, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 5-20 Towards a technology-seeking explanation of U.S. direct investment in the United Kingdom
by Cantwell, John A. & Dunning, John H. & Janne, Odile E. M.
- 21-49 Organizing global R&D: challenges and dilemmas
by von Zedtwitz, Maximilian & Gassmann, Oliver & Boutellier, Roman
- 51-76 Coordinating globally dispersed research centres of excellence--the case of Philips Electronics
by Reger, Guido
- 77-105 Corporate link and competitive strategy in multinational enterprises: a perspective from subsidiaries seeking host market penetration
by Luo, Yadong & Zhao, Hongxin
- 107-124 The influence of industry structure on the entry mode choice of overseas entrants in manufacturing industries
by Elango, B. & Sambharya, Rakesh B.
- 125-146 The effect of service intangibility on revenue from foreign markets
by Cloninger, Peggy A.
2003, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 355-359 Globalization and the role of the global corporation
by Ricks, David A.
- 361-372 Global myopia: globalization theory in International Business
by Clark, Terry & Knowles, Lynette L.
- 373-393 An integrated micro- and macrolevel discussion of global green issues: "It isn't easy being green"
by Amine, Lyn S.
- 395-407 Toward an emergent global culture and the effects of globalization on obsolescing national cultures
by Bird, Allan & Stevens, Michael J.
- 409-417 Regional strategy and the demise of globalization
by Rugman, Alan M.
- 419-425 Comments on globalization, interdisciplinary research, myopia and parochialism, government, convergence, and culture
by Sobel, Andrew
- 427-433 Globalization and cultural change in international business research
by Husted, Bryan W.
2003, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 219-235 Japan in an institutional quagmire: international business to the rescue?
by Ozawa, Terutomo
- 237-252 Assessing and controlling business risks in China
by Haley, Usha C. V.
- 253-269 Can governments make credible promises? Insights from infrastructure projects in emerging economies
by Ramamurti, Ravi
- 271-285 International NGOs as global institutions: using social capital to impact multinational enterprises and governments
by Teegen, Hildy
- 287-304 National governance and global lending
by Sobel, Andrew C.
- 305-316 Institutional environments, institutional change and international alliances
by Parkhe, Arvind
- 317-333 Smuggling and the global firm
by Gillespie, Kate
- 335-349 Domestic drug prohibition as a source of foreign institutional instability: an analysis of the multinational extralegal enterprise
by Mudambi, Ram & Paul, Chris
2003, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 95-113 Managing the cooperative dilemma of joint ventures: the role of structural factors
by Zeng, Ming
- 115-132 Factors influencing expatriate performance appraisal system success: an organizational perspective
by Martin, David C. & Bartol, Kathryn M.
- 133-151 The managerial network in a multinational enterprise and the resource profiles of subsidiaries
by Manev, Ivan M.
- 153-169 Resources, mobility barriers, and the international competitive position of an industry
by Carpano, Claudio & Rahman, Manzur & Roth, Kendall
- 171-192 MNE linkages and localised clusters: foreign and indigenous firms in the media cluster of Central London
by Nachum, Lilach & Keeble, David
- 193-213 The evolving contributions in international strategic management research
by Lu, Jane W.
2003, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-32 Does nationality of ownership make any difference and, if so, under what circumstances?: Professional service MNEs in global competition
by Nachum, Lilach
- 33-49 Joint venture research and development activity: an analysis of the international biotechnology industry
by Richards, Malika & De Carolis, Donna Marie
- 51-73 Effective leadership in the Mexican maquiladora: challenging common expectations
by Howell, Jon P. & Romero, Eric J. & Dorfman, Peter W. & Paul, Jim & Bautista, J. Arnoldo
- 75-93 How internationalization affects corporate ethics: formal structures and informal management behavior
by Watson, Sharon & Weaver, Gary R.
2002, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 359-388 Insiders, outsiders and host country bargains
by Eden, Lorraine & Molot, Maureen Appel
- 389-406 The role of political competence in global assignments of expatriate managers
by Harvey, Michael & Novicevic, Milorad
- 407-421 National cultural distance as liability of foreignness: the issue of level of analysis
by Mezias, Stephen J. & Chen, Ya-Ru & Murphy, Patrice & Biaggio, Angela & Chuawanlee, Wiladlak & Hui, Harry & Okumura, Tetsushi & Starr, Stephanie
2002, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 223-240 Liability of foreignness to competitive advantage: How multinational enterprises cope with the international business environment
by Sethi, Deepak & Guisinger, Stephen
- 241-264 Do exits proxy a liability of foreignness?: The case of Japanese exits from the US
by Hennart, Jean-François & Roehl, Thomas & Zeng, Ming
- 265-282 How to identify liabilities of foreignness and assess their effects on multinational corporations
by Mezias, John M.
- 283-300 Mitigating liabilities of foreignness: Defensive versus offensive approaches
by Luo, Yadong & Shenkar, Oded & Nyaw, Mee-Kau
- 301-321 Unpacking liability of foreignness: identifying culturally driven external and internal sources of liability for the foreign subsidiary
by Calhoun, Mikelle A.
- 323-337 Liability of foreignness and membership in a regional economic group: Analysis of the European Union
by Miller, Stewart R. & Richards, Malika
- 339-350 Coping with liability of foreignness: Different learning engagements of entrant firms
by Petersen, Bent & Pedersen, Torben
- 351-358 The liability of foreignness, redux: a commentary
by Zaheer, Srilata
2002, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 141-162 An empirical inquiry of negotiation effects in cross-cultural joint ventures
by Luo, Yadong & Shenkar, Oded
- 163-187 Are work stress relationships universal? A nine-region examination of role stressors, general self-efficacy, and burnout
by Perrewé, Pamela L. & Hochwarter, Wayne A. & Rossi, Ana Maria & Wallace, Alan & Maignan, Isabelle & Castro, Stephanie L. & Ralston, David A. & Westman, Mina & Vollmer, Guenther & Tang, Moureen & Wan, Paulina & Van Deusen, Cheryl A.
- 189-215 Organizational dynamics and global integration: A perspective from subsidiary managers
by Luo, Yadong
2002, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-9 Knowledge management in multinational firms
by Mudambi, Ram
- 11-27 How knowledge attributes influence alliance governance choices: A theory development note
by Contractor, Farok J. & Ra, Wonchan
- 29-48 Process and structure in knowledge management practices of British and US multinational enterprises
by Buckley, Peter J. & Carter, Martin J.
- 49-67 Transferring knowledge in MNCs: The role of sources of subsidiary knowledge and organizational context
by Foss, Nicolai J. & Pedersen, Torben
- 69-96 The location of technological activities of MNCs in European regions: The role of spillovers and local competencies
by Cantwell, John & Piscitello, Lucia
- 97-119 The emergence of corporate integrated innovation systems across regions: The case of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry in Germany, the UK and Belgium
by Janne, Odile E. M.
- 121-139 The spatial and hierarchical organization of Japanese and US multinational semiconductor firms
by Arita, Tomokazu & McCann, Philip
2001, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 253-276 The keiretsu in Asia: Implications for multilevel theories of competitive advantage
by Peng, Mike W. & Lee, Seung-Hyun & Tan, J. Justin
- 277-294 European industrial districts: Influence of geographic concentration on performance of the firm
by Molina-Morales, F. Xavier
- 295-315 Negotiating control and achieving performance in international joint ventures: A conceptual model
by Yan, Aimin & Gray, Barbara
2001, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 151-154 SMEs and the global economy
by Wright, Richard W. & Etemad, Hamid
- 155-171 Entrepreneurship and strategy in the international SME
by Knight, Gary A.
- 173-189 'Born-again global' firms: An extension to the 'born global' phenomenon
by Bell, Jim & McNaughton, Rod & Young, Stephen
- 191-210 First steps in internationalisation: Concepts and evidence from a sample of small high-technology firms
by Jones, Marian V.
- 211-233 A model of e-commerce use by internationalizing SMEs
by Tiessen, James H. & Wright, Richard W. & Turner, Ian
- 235-251 Entrepreneurship, globalization, and public policy
by Acs, Zoltan J. & Morck, Randall K. & Yeung, Bernard
2001, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 81-104 Parent company dissimilarity and equity international joint venture effectiveness
by Yeheskel, Orly & Zeira, Yoram & Shenkar, Oded & Newburry, William
- 105-128 Global supply chain management: The selection of globally competent managers
by Harvey, Michael G. & Richey, R. Glenn
- 129-149 Managing behavioral intentions in diverse cultural environments: an investigation of service quality, service value, and satisfaction for American and Ecuadorian fast-food customers
by Brady, Michael K. & Robertson, Christopher J. & Cronin, J. Joseph
2001, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-29 A risk perception model of alliance structuring
by Das, T. K. & Teng, Bing-Sheng
- 31-58 Equity sharing in international joint ventures: an empirical analysis of strategic and environmental determinants
by Luo, Yadong
- 59-79 Country-of-origin determinants of foreign direct investment in an emerging market: the case of Mexico
by Thomas, Douglas E. & Grosse, Robert
2000, Volume 6, Issue 4
- 279-295 Government, business, and academia: origins of Raymond Vernon's understanding of multinational enterprises
by Wells, Louis T.
- 297-311 The product cycle model of foreign direct investment and developing country welfare
by Moran, Theodore H.
- 313-325 "We the people": the transformation of state-TNC relations at the turn of the millennium
by Mytelka, Lynn K.
- 327-334 The unending embrace: Raymond Vernon, multinational enterprises, and national governments
by Rangan, Subramanian
- 335-342 The realist adjusts the sails: Vernon and MNE-state relations over three decades
by Eden, Lorraine
2000, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 187-215 Technology acquisition strategy in an internationally competitive environment
by Lanctot, Aldor & Swan, K. Scott
- 217-238 Intra-cultural variation as another construct of international management: a study based on secondary data of 42 countries
by Au, Kevin Y.
- 239-260 The internationalization of human resource management
by Schuler, Randall S.
2000, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 105-120 Control exercised by U.S. multinationals over their overseas affiliates: does location make a difference?
by Richards, Malika
- 121-148 Barriers to export management: an organizational and internationalization analysis
by Leonidou, Leonidas C.
- 149-171 Managers in the NAFTA countries: A cross-cultural comparison of attitudes toward upward influence strategies
by Egri, Carolyn P. & Ralston, David A. & Murray, Cheryl S. & Nicholson, Joel D.
- 173-186 Research emphases on cultural differences and/or similarities: Are we asking the right questions?
by Ofori-Dankwa, Joseph & Ricks, David A.
2000, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 3-10 The raisons d'être for international management as a field of study
by Contractor, Farok J.
- 11-28 What is international management, and what is its domain?
by Martínez, Zaida L. & Toyne, Brian
- 29-47 Skill utilization of overseas interns: antecedents and consequences
by Feldman, Daniel C. & Bolino, Mark C.
- 49-60 Going international without going international: multinational virtual teams
by Van Ryssen, Stefaan & Godar, Susan Hayes
- 61-70 What "international" subtopics are crucial to business education?: A survey of management school professors
by Contractor, Farok J.
- 71-100 Using mental maps to highlight cultural differences: visual portraits of American and Japanese patterns of thinking
by Linowes, Richard G. & Mroczkowski, Tomasz & Uchida, Keiko & Komatsu, Akira
1999, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 241-265 The relative influence of country conditions, industry structure, and business strategy on multinational corporation subsidiary performance
by Christmann, Petra & Day, Diana & Yip, George S.
- 267-284 International alliance formation and stock market responses:: Industry globalization as an environmental contingency
by Park, Jong-Hun & Kim, Kwangsoo
- 285-298 The influence of "country of origin" on multinational corporation global strategy: A conceptual framework
by Sethi, S. Prakash & Elango, B.
- 299-317 Country location choices of service multinationals: An empirical study of the international hotel sector
by Kundu, Sumit K. & Contractor, Farok J.
1999, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 167-186 The impact of emerging markets on staffing the global organization:: A knowledge-based view
by Harvey, Michael G. & Speier, Cheri & Novicevic, Milorad M.
- 187-206 The contribution of foreign subsidiaries to host country national competitiveness
by O'Donnell, Sharon & Blumentritt, Timothy
- 207-239 Cross-border mergers and acquisitions: Global and regional perspectives
by Hopkins, H. Donald & Chaganti, Raj & Kotabe, Masaaki & Co-editors
1999, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 73-91 Fast and slow resource commitment to foreign markets: What causes the difference?
by Petersen, Bent & Pedersen, Torben
- 93-113 Determinants of strategic options in multinational market competition
by Ma, Hao
- 115-140 Diversification strategies of developing country firms
by Nachum, Lilach
- 141-165 Toward a conceptual framework of international joint venture negotiations
by Luo, Yadong
1999, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 3-14 The domain of international management
by Boddewyn, Jean J.
- 15-33 Organizational equilibrium and organizational change: two different perspectives of the multinational enterprise
by Egelhoff, William G.
- 35-54 Headquarters' scanning of the foreign subsidiary environment:: An empirical study
by Muralidharan, Raman
- 55-71 Corporate expatriate career development
by Selmer, Jan
1998, Volume 4, Issue 4
- 267-287 Top management departures in cross-border acquisitions: Governance issues in an international context
by Krug, Jeffrey A. & Nigh, Douglas
- 289-309 Rewarding growth or profit?: Top management team compensation and governance in Japanese MNEs
by Geringer, J. Michael & Frayne, Colette A. & Olsen, David
- 311-335 The effect of the board and executive committee characteristics on the degree of internationalization
by Sherman, Hugh D. & Kashlak, Roger J. & Joshi, Maheshkumar P.
- 337-351 The involvement of board of directors and institutional investors in investing in transition economies: An agency theory approach
by Tihanyi, Laszlo & Ellstrand, Alan E.
- 353-385 Bargaining power and the trade-off between the ownership and control of international joint ventures in China
by Lee, Ji-Ren & Chen, Wei-Ru & Kao, Charng
1998, Volume 4, Issue 3
- 173-200 Perceptions of anticompetitive practices in Japan and the market performance of foreign firms
by Kotabe, Masaaki & Wheiler, Kent W.
- 201-221 An empirical examination of the influence of industry and firm drivers on the rate of internationalization by firms
by Elango, B.
- 223-239 Authority and trust in cross border partnerships: Mexican firm perspectives
by Teegen, Hildy
- 241-258 Establishing financial targets for joint ventures in emerging countries: A conceptual model
by Kashlak, Roger
1998, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 85-107 The strategic role of relational bonding in interorganizational collaborations: An empirical study of the global construction industry
by Sarkar, Mb & Aulakh, Preet S. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer
- 109-127 Korean direct investment in manufacturing, , : Its patterns and determinants--an empirical analysis
by Kimura, Yui & Lee, Hae Kyoung
- 129-147 Mutual forbearance in international business
by Ma, Hao
- 149-170 Multinationality, global market diversification, and risk performance for the largest U.S. firms
by Qian, Gongming & Li, Ji
1998, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-20 The nature, antecedents, and consequences of joint venture trust
by Inkpen, Andrew C. & Currall, Steven C.
- 21-40 A comparison of multinational and domestic firms in an emerging market: A strategic choice perspective
by Luo, Yadong & Tan, J. Justin
- 41-57 Effect of network organization on alliance formation: A study of the Japanese automobile ancillary industry
by Banerji, Kunal & Sambharya, Rakesh B.
- 59-83 Foreign operations of U.S. banks: Impact of environmental differences and ownership advantages on organizational form preferences
by Parkhe, Arvind & Miller, Stewart R.
- iii-iii Letter from co-editor
by Chaganti, Rajeswararao (Raj)