International Journal of Industrial Organization
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: P. Bajari
Editor: B. Caillaud
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Bernard J.-M. Caillaud
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:indorg
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2001, Volume 19, Issue 10
- 1583-1602 Non-price strategic behavior: the case of bank branches
by Kim, Moshe & Vale, Bent
- 1603-1621 Highway robbery: complementary monopoly and the hold-up problem
by Feinberg, Yossi & Kamien, Morton I.
2001, Volume 19, Issue 9
- 1347-1361 Strategic pricing, signalling, and costly information acquisition
by Bester, Helmut & Ritzberger, Klaus
- 1363-1385 Fashion and sales
by Sallstrom, Susanna
- 1387-1406 Can low-price guarantees deter entry?
by Arbatskaya, Maria
- 1407-1421 The determinants of suboptimal technological development in the system company-component producers relationship
by Becchetti, Leonardo & Paganetto, Luigi
- 1423-1440 Evolution to equilibrium in an asymmetric oligopoly with differentiated goods
by Tanaka, Yasuhito
- 1441-1455 Two stage equilibrium and product choice with elastic demand
by Rath, Kali P. & Zhao, Gongyun
- 1457-1473 Market power, cost reduction and consumer search
by Pereira, Pedro
2001, Volume 19, Issue 8
- 1213-1244 Endogenous mergers in concentrated markets
by Horn, Henrik & Persson, Lars
- 1245-1261 Endogenous mergers and market structure
by Rodrigues, Vasco
- 1263-1279 Delegation and mergers in oligopoly
by Gonzalez-Maestre, Miguel & Lopez-Cunat, Javier
- 1281-1295 On synergies and vertical integration
by Schmitz, Patrick W. & Sliwka, Dirk
- 1297-1313 Divisionalization with spatial differentiation
by Gonzalez-Maestre, Miguel
- 1315-1346 Are multinationality and diversification complementary or substitute strategies?: An empirical analysis on European leading firms
by Davies, Stephen W. & Rondi, Laura & Sembenelli, Alessandro
2001, Volume 19, Issue 7
- 999-1002 The evolution of markets
by Geroski, Paul A. & Mata, Jose
- 1003-1022 Modelling the dynamics of industry populations
by Geroski, P. A. & Mazzucato, M.
- 1023-1052 On industry life-cycles: delay, entry, and shakeout in beer brewing
by Horvath, Michael & Schivardi, Fabiano & Woywode, Michael
- 1053-1083 The long-term evolution of vertically-related industries
by Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Giuri, Paola
- 1085-1102 The need for speed in emerging communications markets: upgrades to advanced technology at Internet Service Providers
by Augereau, Angelique & Greenstein, Shane
- 1103-1117 The dynamics of competition in the internet search engine market
by Gandal, Neil
- 1119-1139 Sales practice and market evolution: the case of virtual reality
by Swann, G. M. Peter
- 1141-1160 How does innovative activity change as industries mature?
by McGahan, Anita M. & Silverman, Brian S.
- 1161-1187 Innovation and corporate growth in the evolution of the drug industry
by Bottazzi, Giulio & Dosi, Giovanni & Lippi, Marco & Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo
- 1189-1212 The evolution of markets under entry and standards regulation -- the case of global mobile telecommunications
by Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank
2001, Volume 19, Issue 6
- 863-884 Oligopolistic pricing over the deterministic market demand cycle: some evidence from the US Portland cement industry
by Rosenbaum, David I. & Sukharomana, Supachat
- 885-908 Estimating tax incidence, market power and market conduct: The European cigarette industry
by Delipalla, Sophia & O'Donnell, Owen
- 909-930 Telecommunications deregulation and subadditive costs: Are local telephone monopolies unnatural?
by Wilson, Wesley W. & Zhou, Yimin
- 931-952 Size and growth of Japanese plants in the United States
by Blonigen, Bruce A. & Tomlin, KaSaundra
- 953-973 US county-level determinants of inbound FDI: evidence from a two-step modified count data model
by List, John A.
- 975-997 Water resource and power generation
by Crampes, C. & Moreaux, M.
2001, Volume 19, Issue 5
- 613-634 Competition policy in dynamic markets
by Audretsch, David B. & Baumol, William J. & Burke, Andrew E.
- 635-664 Competition and industrial policies in a 'history friendly' model of the evolution of the computer industry
by Malerba, Franco & Nelson, Richard & Orsenigo, Luigi & Winter, Sidney
- 665-693 The analysis of market definition and market power in the context of rapid innovation
by Pleatsikas, Christopher & Teece, David
- 695-704 Can reduced entry barriers worsen market performance? A model of employee entry
by Burke, Andrew E. & To, Ted
- 705-726 Intensity of competition and the incentive to innovate
by Boone, Jan
- 727-737 When is inter-firm coordination beneficial? The case of innovation
by Baumol, William J.
- 739-762 The impact of ownership changes: a view from labor markets
by McGuckin, Robert H. & Nguyen, Sang V.
- 763-794 Public/private partnerships: stimulating competition in a dynamic market
by Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T.
- 795-821 Market dynamics in the Netherlands: Competition policy and the role of small firms
by Audretsch, David B. & van Leeuwen, George & Menkveld, Bert & Thurik, Roy
- 823-840 Market size, fixed costs and horizontal concentration
by Neumann, Manfred & Weigand, Jurgen & Gross, Alexandra & Munter, Markus Thomas
- 841-859 The dynamics of industrial mark-ups in two small open economies: does national competition policy matter?
by Konings, Jozef & Van Cayseele, Patrick & Warzynski, Frederic
2001, Volume 19, Issue 3-4
- 303-317 Cournot and Bertrand equilibria compared: substitutability, complementarity and concavity
by Amir, Rabah & Jin, Jim Y.
- 319-343 A theory of joint venture life-cycles
by Roy Chowdhury, Indrani & Roy Chowdhury, Prabal
- 345-373 Quantity competition with access fees
by Harrison, Mark & Kline, J. Jude
- 375-389 Credence goods monopolists
by Emons, Winand
- 391-413 Durable goods oligopoly
by Driskill, Robert
- 415-453 Non-Nash equilibria of Darwinian dynamics with applications to duopoly
by Rhode, Paul & Stegeman, Mark
- 455-469 A characterization for the negative welfare effects of cost reduction in Cournot oligopoly
by Zhao, Jingang
- 471-492 Horizontal mergers and delegation
by Ziss, Steffen
- 493-518 Multiproduct activity in an experimental differentiated oligopoly
by Garcia-Gallego, Aurora & Georgantzis, Nikolaos
- 519-542 How many franchises in a market?
by Rysman, Marc
- 543-566 Codetermination as a strategic advantage?
by Kraft, Kornelius
- 567-588 To invest or screen efficiently: a potential conflict in relationships governed by incomplete contracts
by Bac, Mehmet
- 589-609 Pay-per-view broadcasting of outstanding events: consequences of a ban
by Hansen, Claus Thustrup & Kyhl, Soren
2001, Volume 19, Issue 1-2
- 1-26 Optimal antitrust policy under different regimes of fines
by Souam, Said
- 27-54 The cyclical behavior of the Department of Justice's antitrust enforcement activity
by Ghosal, Vivek & Gallo, Joseph
- 55-77 Can no competition policy be better than some competition policy?
by Mattoo, Aaditya
- 79-98 The response by the Norwegian aluminium industry to changing market structure
by Lindquist, Kjersti-Gro
- 99-131 Market structure and market outcomes in deregulated rail freight markets
by Schmidt, Stephen
- 133-161 Executive compensation and firm performance in Italy
by Brunello, Giorgio & Graziano, Clara & Parigi, Bruno
- 163-183 Trade, foreign direct investment and industry performance
by Co, Catherine Y.
- 185-212 Risky quality choice
by Tse, Chung Yi
- 213-226 Mixed-strategy equilibria in a quality differentiation model
by Wang, X. Henry & Yang, Bill Z.
- 227-248 Oligopolistic competition, IT use for product differentiation and the productivity paradox
by Belleflamme, Paul
- 249-266 Technology transfer with moral hazard
by Choi, Jay Pil
- 267-284 Vertical product differentiation, network externalities, and compatibility decisions
by Baake, Pio & Boom, Anette
- 285-302 Vertical research joint ventures
by Banerjee, Samiran & Lin, Ping
2000, Volume 18, Issue 8
- 1153-1180 Media substitution and economies of scale in advertising
by Seldon, Barry J. & Jewell, R. Todd & O'Brien, Daniel M.
- 1181-1199 The dynamics of industrial concentration in Australian manufacturing
by Bhattacharya, Mita & Bloch, Harry
- 1201-1222 The determinants of corporate divestment in the UK
by Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Mike
- 1223-1242 Horizontal integration in the Dutch financial sector
by Dietzenbacher, Erik & Smid, Bert & Volkerink, Bjorn
- 1243-1257 Procurement auctions with entry of bidders
by Kjerstad, Egil & Vagstad, Steinar
- 1259-1277 Quantity restrictions and endogenous quality choice
by Herguera, Inigo & Kujal, Praveen & Petrakis, Emmanuel
- 1279-1290 Strategic segmentation of a market
by Roy, Santanu
- 1291-1294 Effective price-matching: a comment
by Kaplan, Todd R.
2000, Volume 18, Issue 7
- 995-1012 Meet me halfway: research joint ventures and absorptive capacity
by Kamien, Morton I. & Zang, Israel
- 1013-1032 Modelling imperfectly appropriable R&D via spillovers
by Amir, Rabah
- 1033-1047 R&D cooperation and product market competition
by Cabral, Luis M. B.
- 1049-1065 Research joint ventures and the cost paradox
by Kline, J. Jude
- 1067-1084 Sunk costs, entry, and the timing of cost-reducing investment
by Lambson, Val E.
- 1085-1104 Barriers to entry, brand advertising, and generic entry in the US pharmaceutical industry
by Scott Morton, Fiona M.
- 1105-1127 Do patents slow down technological progress?: Real options in research, patenting, and market introduction
by Takalo, Tuomas & Kanniainen, Vesa
- 1129-1149 Patent protection, imitation and the mode of technology transfer
by Fosfuri, Andrea
2000, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 845-865 Capacity and product market competition: measuring market power in a 'puppy-dog' industry
by Roller, Lars-Hendrik & Sickles, Robin C.
- 867-884 State aid in the European Union: The prohibition of subsidies in an integrated market
by Collie, David R.
- 885-900 An examination of stock-price effects of EU merger control policy
by Brady, Una & M. Feinberg, Robert
- 901-923 Price competition between an expert and a non-expert
by Bouckaert, Jan & Degryse, Hans
- 925-947 Union behavior, industry rents, and optimal policies
by Swagel, Phillip
- 949-963 Centralized vs. decentralized procurement: Does dispersed information call for decentralized decision-making?
by Vagstad, Steinar
- 965-974 Spatial contests
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 975-984 Weak entrants are welcome
by Ashiya, Masahiro
- 985-988 A note on N. Economides: the incentive for non-price discrimination by an input monopolist
by Bergman, Mats A.
- 989-991 Comment on "A note on N. Economides: The Incentive for Non-Price Discrimination by an Input Monopolist," by Mats Bergman
by Economides, Nicholas
- 993-993 Corrigendum1 to "Persuasive advertising in Hotelling's model of product differentiation": [Ind. J. Indust. Organ. 17 (1999) 557-574]
by Bloch, Francis & Manceau, Delphine
2000, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 693-722 Firm size inequality and market power
by Barla, Philippe
- 723-746 Information acquisition and research differentiation prior to an open-bid auction1
by Moresi, Serge
- 747-772 The role of technology security in a model of trade with horizontal differentiation
by del Carmen Garcia-Alonso, Maria
- 773-792 Distinction between intermediate and finished products in intra-firm trade
by Andersson, Thomas & Fredriksson, Torbjorn
- 793-812 Why would a durable good monopolist also produce a cost-inefficient nondurable good?
by Fethke, Gary & Jagannathan, Raj
- 813-825 Regulating an oligopoly with unknown costs
by Wang, Gyu Ho
- 827-841 The effects of market structure on prices of clothing and household furnishings
by Claycombe, Richard J.
2000, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 539-556 A bargaining model of Farrell inefficiency
by Haskel, Jonathan & Sanchis, Amparo
- 557-574 Business failure of new firms: an empirical analysis using a multiplicative hazards model
by Honjo, Yuji
- 575-593 Workers' skills, product quality and industry equilibrium
by Gabszewicz, J. & Turrini, A.
- 595-614 Competition in a duopoly with sticky price and advertising
by Piga, Claudio A. G.
- 615-640 Quality uncertainty and informative advertising
by Moraga-Gonzalez, Jose Luis
- 641-666 Consumer lock-in with asymmetric information
by Nilssen, Tore
- 667-689 Gathering information before signing a contract with a privately informed principal
by Mezzetti, Claudio & Tsoulouhas, Theofanis
2000, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 383-413 Mergers in symmetric and asymmetric noncooperative auction markets: the effects on prices and efficiency
by Dalkir, Serdar & Logan, John W. & Masson, Robert T.
- 415-444 Product market competition and the industry price-cost markup fluctuations:: role of energy price and monetary changes
by Ghosal, Vivek
- 445-470 With a little help from my friends? Cross-subsidy and installed-base quality in the U.S. telecommunications industry
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 471-496 Vertical integration and collusive incentives: an experimental analysis
by Mason, Charles F. & Phillips, Owen R.
- 497-514 The prices of classical recorded music: a hedonic approach
by Harchaoui, Tarek M. & Hamdad, Malika
- 515-535 Do innovations diffuse faster within geographical clusters?
by Baptista, Rui
2000, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 229-256 Endogenous formation of research coalitions with spillovers
by Yi, Sang-Seung & Shin, Hyukseung
- 257-282 Strategic alliances as Stackelberg cartels - concept and equilibrium alliance structure
by Morasch, Karl
- 283-314 Research joint ventures and optimal R&D policy with asymmetric information
by Cassiman, Bruno
- 315-338 Second-mover advantages in the strategic adoption of new technology under uncertainty
by Hoppe, Heidrun C.
- 339-367 Endogenous R&D and foreign direct investment in international oligopolies
by Petit, Maria-Luisa & Sanna-Randaccio, Francesca
- 369-379 Strategic timing of adoption of new technologies under uncertainty: A note
by Gotz, Georg
2000, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 7-22 Price competition and market concentration: an experimental study
by Dufwenberg, Martin & Gneezy, Uri
- 23-38 Cooperation in symmetric duopolies with demand inertia
by Keser, Claudia
- 39-57 Does information about competitors' actions increase or decrease competition in experimental oligopoly markets?
by Huck, Steffen & Normann, Hans-Theo & Oechssler, Jorg
- 59-80 Location, cooperation and communication: An experimental examination
by Brown Kruse, Jamie & Schenk, David J.
- 81-105 Voluntary disclosure under imperfect competition: experimental evidence
by Ackert, Lucy F. & Church, Bryan K. & Sankar, Mandira Roy
- 107-135 An experimental evaluation of strategic preemption
by Mason, Charles F. & Phillips, Owen R.
- 137-162 Risk dominance selects the leader: An experimental analysis
by Cabrales, Antonio & Garcia-Fontes, Walter & Motta, Massimo
- 163-185 Principals' principles when agents' actions are hidden
by Keser, Claudia & Willinger, Marc
- 187-204 Momentum and overreaction in experimental asset markets
by Caginalp, Gunduz & Porter, David & Smith, Vernon
- 205-225 Predation, asymmetric information and strategic behavior in the classroom: an experimental approach to the teaching of industrial organization
by Capra, C. Monica & Goeree, Jacob K. & Gomez, Rosario & Holt, Charles A.
1999, Volume 17, Issue 8
- 1077-1111 Estimating the mark-up over marginal cost: a panel analysis of Japanese firms 1971-1994
by Nishimura, Kiyohiko G. & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Ariga, Kenn
- 1113-1137 Expropriation and control rights: A dynamic model of foreign direct investment
by Schnitzer, Monika
- 1139-1162 Allocation of track capacity: Experimental evidence on the use of priority auctioning in the railway industry
by Nilsson, Jan-Eric
- 1163-1187 Divisionalization and strategic managerial incentives in oligopoly under uncertainty
by Ziss, Steffen
- 1189-1202 Horizontal concentration and anticompetitive behavior in the central Canadian cement industry: testing arbitrage cost hypotheses
by Kleit, Andrew N. & Palsson, Halldor P.
- 1203-1217 On commodity taxation in vertically differentiated markets
by Constantatos, Christos & Sartzetakis, Eftichios S.
- 1219-1230 Net entry behaviour in Greek manufacturing: consumer, intermediate and capital goods industries
by Fotopoulos, Georgios & Spence, Nigel
1999, Volume 17, Issue 7
- 917-940 Managerial defections, promotion criteria and firm growth
by Bac, Mehmet & Saglam, Ismail
- 941-951 Bertrand competition under cost uncertainty
by Wambach, Achim
- 953-963 Spatial competition, monopolistic competition, and optimum product diversity
by Vickrey, William S. & Anderson, Simon P. & Braid, Ralph M.
- 965-983 Start-up size and industrial dynamics: some evidence from Italian manufacturing
by Audretsch, David B. & Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco
- 985-1007 The carrying capacity and entry and exit flows in retailing
by Carree, M. A. & Thurik, A. R.
- 1009-1027 The grouping of stars: An application to professional sports
by Frascatore, Mark R.
- 1029-1040 The strategic choice of union-oligopoly bargaining agenda
by Bughin, Jacques
- 1041-1057 Industry concentration and competition: New Zealand experience
by Ratnayake, Ravi
- 1059-1074 An aggregate structural model of competition in the European banking industry
by Neven, Damien & Roller, Lars-Hendrik
1999, Volume 17, Issue 6
- 765-799 The effect of incomplete information about future technological opportunities on pre-emption
by Somma, Ernesto
- 801-825 Limit pricing when incumbents have conflicting interests
by Schultz, Christian
- 827-846 The optimal life of a patent when the timing of innovation is stochastic
by Denicolo, Vincenzo
- 847-867 Competitive shocks and industrial structure: the case of Polish manufacturing
by Ghemawat, Pankaj & Kennedy, Robert E.
- 869-886 Portuguese banking sector: a mixed oligopoly?
by Barros, Fatima & Modesto, Leonor
- 887-901 Facilitating practices and the path-dependence of collusion
by Krepps, Matthew B.
- 903-914 Quality choice and vertical integration
by Economides, Nicholas
1999, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 611-640 Why do all the flights leave at 8 am?: Competition and departure-time differentiation in airline markets
by Borenstein, Severin & Netz, Janet
- 641-662 Vertical integration or separation of the sales function as implied by competitive forces
by Gal-Or, Esther
- 663-687 The persistence of profit: a new empirical interpretation
by Goddard, J. A. & Wilson, J. O. S.
- 689-715 Transfer-pricing mechanisms: An experimental investigation
by Avila, Marcos & Ronen, Joshua
- 717-734 Cartel stability when costs are heterogeneous
by Rothschild, R.
- 735-750 On the limits and possibilities of the principle of minimum differentiation1
by Hinloopen, Jeroen & van Marrewijk, Charles
- 751-764 Should multiproduct firms provide divisional or corporate incentives?
by Carlos Barcena-Ruiz, Juan & Paz Espinosa, Maria
1999, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 455-476 Innovation and investment under financial constraints and product market competition
by Maurer, Boris
- 477-511 Sticky prices in a dynamic oligopoly: An investigation of (s,S) thresholds
by Slade, Margaret E.
- 513-525 A dynamic model of Bertrand competition with entry
by Elberfeld, Walter & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 527-555 Incumbent firms' response to entry: Price, advertising, and new product introduction
by Thomas, Louis A.
- 557-574 Persuasive advertising in Hotelling's model of product differentiation
by Bloch, Francis & Manceau, Delphine
- 575-592 Federal laboratories as research partners
by Leyden, Dennis Patrick & Link, Albert N.
- 593-609 Access costs and entry in the local telecommunications network: a case for de-averaged rates
by Maher, Maria E.
1999, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 299-318 Recovering from a bad reputation: changing beliefs about the quality of U.S. autos
by Nichols, Mark W. & Fournier, Gary M.
- 319-333 Strategic debt: evidence in manufacturing
by Showalter, Dean
- 335-352 Multimarket competition in banking, with an example from the Portuguese market
by Pita Barros, Pedro
- 353-369 Competition in interrelated markets: An empirical study
by Asplund, Marcus & Sandin, Rickard
- 371-398 A model of price promotions with consumer search
by Banks, Jeffrey & Moorthy, Sridhar
- 399-417 Refusals to deal and orders to supply in competitive markets
by Chen, Zhiqi & Ross, Thomas W.
- 419-436 Optimal patent breadth and length with costly imitation
by Wright, Donald J.
- 437-452 Asymmetric private values auctions with application to joint bidding and mergers
by Waehrer, Keith
1999, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 147-177 Testing for market power using a dynamic oligopoly model
by Steen, Frode & Salvanes, Kjell G.
- 179-198 Price wars triggered by entry
by Elzinga, Kenneth G. & Mills, David E.
- 199-214 Monopoly pricing with network externalities
by Cabral, Luis M. B. & Salant, David J. & Woroch, Glenn A.
- 215-239 Spillovers from publicly financed R&D capital in high-tech industries
by Mamuneas, Theofanis P.
- 241-257 Process of dominant-cartel formation
by Prokop, Jacek
- 259-275 Demand shifts and market structure in free-entry oligopoly equilibria
by Hamilton, Stephen F.
- 277-288 On the equivalence of resale price maintenance and quantity restrictions
by Reiffen, David
- 289-296 Quantity-setting oligopoly with endogenous sequencing
by Matsumura, Toshihiro
1999, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-24 Entry, licensing and research joint ventures
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 25-57 An empirical oligopoly model of a regulated market
by Pazo, M&z. ausco & Consuelo & Jaumandreu, Jordi
- 59-80 Recycling and market power: A more general model and re-evaluation of the evidence1
by Grant, Darren
- 81-108 Subcontracting relations in the Korean automotive industry: risk sharing and technological capability
by Yun, Mikyung
- 109-135 Information sharing, information free-riding and capital structure in oligopolies
by Dasgupta, Sudipto & Shin, Jhinyoung
- 137-145 Policy objectives and performance in a mixed market with bargaining
by Willner, Johan
1998, Volume 16, Issue 6
- 677-695 Thinking creatively about markets
by Geroski, P. A.
- 697-718 Cascading contingent protection and vertical market structure
by Sleuwaegen, Leo & Belderbos, Rene & Jie-A-Joen, Clive
- 719-747 Life duration of foreign multinational subsidiaries: Evidence from UK northern manufacturing industry 1970-93
by McCloughan, Patrick & Stone, Ian
- 749-784 Infant-industry tariff protection with pressure groups
by Miravete, Eugenio J.
- 785-797 Distributional assumptions in the theory of oligopoly information exchange1
by Malueg, David A. & Tsutsui, Shunichi O.
- 799-830 Objectives, topics and methods in industrial organization during the nineties: Results from a survey
by Aiginger, Karl & Mueller, Dennis C. & Weiss, Christoph
1998, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 535-554 Risk sharing in licensing
by Bousquet, Alain & Cremer, Helmuth & Ivaldi, Marc & Wolkowicz, Michel
- 555-570 Talking down the firm: Short-term market manipulation and optimal management compensation
by Garvey, Gerald T. & Grant, Simon & King, Stephen P.
- 571-599 Nonverifiability, noncontractibility and ownership determination models in foreign direct investment, with an application to foreign operations in Japan
by Nakamura, M. & Xie, J.
- 601-638 Tariff jumping DFI and export substitution: Japanese electronics firms in Europe
by Belderbos, Rene & Sleuwaegen, Leo