Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Mia Defever
Editor: Irina Cleemput
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask the person in charge to update the entry or send us the correct address.
Series handle: repec:eee:hepoli
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2009, Volume 91, Issue 2
- 204-210 Comparison of outcomes and costs after hip fracture surgery in three hospitals that have different care systems in Japan
by Kondo, Akiko & Zierler, Brenda K. & Isokawa, Yayoi & Hagino, Hiroshi & Ito, Yayoi
- 211-218 Willingness to pay for weight-control treatment
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Tsou, Meng-Wen & Hammitt, James K.
2009, Volume 91, Issue 1
- 1-9 The new cooperative medical scheme in China
by You, Xuedan & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 10-16 Obesity in the UK: A review and comparative analysis of policies within the devolved administrations
by Musingarimi, Primrose
- 17-23 Contracting-in management to strengthen publicly financed primary health services--The experience of Punjab, Pakistan
by Loevinsohn, Benjamin & Haq, Inaam ul & Couffinhal, Agnes & Pande, Aakanksha
- 24-32 Unmet healthcare need, gender, and health inequalities in Canada
by Bryant, Toba & Leaver, Chad & Dunn, James
- 33-42 Is the selection of patients for anti-retroviral treatment in Uganda fair?: A qualitative study
by Sofaer, Neema & Kapiriri, Lydia & Atuyambe, Lynn M. & Otolok-Tanga, Erasmus & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 43-56 Challenges for performance assessment and improvement in primary health care: The case of the Portuguese health centres
by Amado, Carla Alexandra da Encarnação Filipe & Santos, Sérgio Pereira dos
- 57-62 The core determinants of health expenditure in the African context: Some econometric evidence for policy
by Murthy, Vasudeva N.R. & Okunade, Albert A.
- 63-70 What does it mean to trust a health system?: A qualitative study of Canadian health care values
by Abelson, Julia & Miller, Fiona A. & Giacomini, Mita
- 71-78 Perceptions of medical malpractice and medical malpractice reform among first- and fourth-year medical students
by Kelly, Erin T. & Miller, Edward A.
- 79-88 Commissioning NHS dentistry in England: Issues for decision-makers managing the new contract with finite resources
by Holmes, Richard D. & Bate, Angela & Steele, Jimmy G. & Donaldson, Cam
- 89-93 Study of awareness among pregnant women of the effects of drugs on the fetus and mother in Iran
by Mashayekhi, Simin O. & Dilmaghanizadeh, Maryam & Fardiazar, Zahra & Bamdad-Moghadam, Roghayeh & Ghandforoush-Sattari, Fahimeh
- 94-101 Dental service utilization and costs before and after introduction of fluoride gel application for preschool children in Taiwan
by Chen, Shu-Fen & Lin, Herng-Ching
- 102-105 List of referees 2008
by Kesteloot, Katrien
2009, Volume 90, Issue 2-3
- 125-132 Medical education program with obligatory rural service: Analysis of factors associated with obligation compliance
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Kajii, Eiji
- 133-139 Traditional Chinese medicine in the Chinese health care system
by Xu, Judy & Yang, Yue
- 140-148 Economic incentives in general practice: The impact of pay-for-participation and pay-for-compliance programs on diabetes care
by Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Nobilio, Lucia & Ugolini, Cristina
- 149-155 Organizational elements of health service related to a reduction in maternal mortality: The cases of Chile and Colombia
by Ruiz-Rodríguez, Myriam & Wirtz, Veronika J. & Nigenda, Gustavo
- 156-165 Accreditation at a crossroads: Are we on the right track?
by Touati, Nassera & Pomey, Marie-Pascale
- 166-174 Necessary organizational changes according to Burke-Litwin model in the head nurses system of management in healthcare and social welfare institutions--The Slovenia experience
by Filej, Bojana & Skela-Savic, Brigita & Vicic, Visnja H. & Hudorovic, Narcis
- 175-180 Quality management and patient safety: Survey results from 102 Hungarian hospitals
by Makai, Peter & Klazinga, Niek & Wagner, Cordula & Boncz, Imre & Gulacsi, Lászlo
- 181-187 The medical practice of euthanasia in Belgium and The Netherlands: Legal notification, control and evaluation procedures
by Smets, Tinne & Bilsen, Johan & Cohen, Joachim & Rurup, Mette L. & De Keyser, Els & Deliens, Luc
- 188-195 Do non-profit nursing homes separate governance roles?: The impact of size and ownership characteristics
by Dewaelheyns, Nico & Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur
- 196-205 Overcoming social and health inequalities among U.S. women of reproductive age--Challenges to the nation's health in the 21st century
by Ebrahim, Shahul H. & Anderson, John E. & Correa-de-Araujo, Rosaly & Posner, Samuel F. & Atrash, Hani K.
- 206-213 Why financial incentives did not reach the poor tuberculosis patients? A qualitative study of a Fidelis funded project in Shanxi, China
by Wei, Xiaolin & Walley, John & Zhao, Jin & Yao, Hongyan & Liu, Jianjun & Newell, James
- 214-222 The effect of community-based health insurance on the utilization of modern health care services: Evidence from Burkina Faso
by Gnawali, Devendra Prasad & Pokhrel, Subhash & Sié, Ali & Sanon, Mamadou & De Allegri, Manuela & Souares, Aurélia & Dong, Hengjin & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 223-229 Examining catastrophic costs and benefit incidence of subsidized antiretroviral treatment (ART) programme in south-east Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Dike, Nkem & Chukwuka, Chinwe & Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Onyedum, Cajetan & Onoka, Chima & Ichoku, Hyacinth
- 230-238 Transformational trends confounding the South Asian health systems
by Bonu, Sekhar & Gutierrez, Leah C. & Borghis, Alain & Roche, Frederick C.
- 239-246 Health information technology and physician perceptions of quality of care and satisfaction
by Davis, Karen & Doty, Michelle McEvoy & Shea, Katherine & Stremikis, Kristof
- 247-253 What drives health policy formulation: Insights from the Nepal maternity incentive scheme?
by Ensor, Tim & Clapham, Susan & Prasai, Devi Prasad
- 254-261 Impact of the elder abuse prevention and caregiver support law on system development among municipal governments in Japan
by Nakanishi, Miharu & Hoshishiba, Yumiko & Iwama, Nobuyuki & Okada, Tomoko & Kato, Etsuko & Takahashi, Hiroshi
- 262-269 Privatisation of health care in Slovenia in the period 1992-2008
by Albreht, Tit & Klazinga, Niek
- 270-276 Temporal trends in the relative cost of dying: Evidence from Canada
by Payne, Greg & Laporte, Audrey & Foot, David K. & Coyte, Peter C.
- 277-285 Price control as a strategy for pharmaceutical cost containment--What has been achieved in Norway in the period 1994-2004?
by Håkonsen, Helle & Horn, Anne Marie & Toverud, Else-Lydia
- 286-295 Assistant or substitute: Exploring the fit between national policy vision and local practice realities of assistant practitioner job descriptions
by Wakefield, Ann & Spilsbury, Karen & Atkin, Karl & McKenna, Hugh & Borglin, Gunilla & Stuttard, Lucy
- 296-302 The five-year impact of an evolving global epidemic, changing migration patterns, and policy changes in a regional Canadian HIV population
by Krentz, Hartmut & Gill, Michael John
- 303-312 Governing decentralization in health care under tough budget constraint: What can we learn from the Italian experience?
by Tediosi, Fabrizio & Gabriele, Stefania & Longo, Francesco
- 313-319 Balancing patient preferences and clinical needs: Community versus hospital based care for patients with suspected DVT
by Clark, Michael & Moro, Domenico & Szczepura, Ala
- 320-328 Experiences in the UK National Health Service: The overseas nurses' workforce
by Alexis, Obrey & Vydelingum, Vasso
2009, Volume 90, Issue 1
- 1-7 Engaging patients as safety partners: Some considerations for ensuring a culturally and linguistically appropriate approach
by Johnstone, Megan-Jane & Kanitsaki, Olga
- 8-12 Knowledge, attitudes, and practices about tuberculosis and choice of communication channels in a rural community in Vietnam
by Hoa, Nguyen Phuong & Chuc, Nguyen Thi Kim & Thorson, Anna
- 13-25 Framework for assessing governance of the health system in developing countries: Gateway to good governance
by Siddiqi, Sameen & Masud, Tayyeb I. & Nishtar, Sania & Peters, David H. & Sabri, Belgacem & Bile, Khalif M. & Jama, Mohamed A.
- 26-31 Enforcement of presumed-consent policy and willingness to donate organs as identified in the European Union Survey: The role of legislation in reinforcing ideology in pluralistic societies
by Verheijde, Joseph L. & Rady, Mohamed Y. & McGregor, Joan L. & Friederich-Murray, Catherine
- 32-36 Factors influencing antibiotic prescribing in China: An exploratory analysis
by Reynolds, Lucy & McKee, Martin
- 37-44 Values, institutions and shifting policy paradigms: Expansion of the Israeli National Health Insurance Basket of Services
by Chinitz, David & Meislin, Rachel & Alster-Grau, Ilana
- 45-57 Examining the attitudes and preferences of health care decision-makers in relation to access, equity and cost-effectiveness: A discrete choice experiment
by Ratcliffe, Julie & Bekker, Hilary L. & Dolan, Paul & Edlin, Richard
- 58-65 Engaging policy makers in road safety research in Malaysia: A theoretical and contextual analysis
by Tran, Nhan T. & Hyder, Adnan A. & Kulanthayan, Subramaniam & Singh, Suret & Umar, R.S. Radin
- 66-72 Perceived quality of communication amongst outpatients in western and traditional Chinese medicine clinics in a Chinese population
by Chung, Vincent Chi Ho & Lau, Chun Hong & Wong, Eric Ming Chung & Yeoh, Eng Kiong & Griffiths, Sian Meryl
- 73-80 From the point-of-purchase perspective: A qualitative study of the feasibility of interventions aimed at portion-size
by Vermeer, Willemijn M. & Steenhuis, Ingrid H.M. & Seidell, Jacob C.
- 81-88 Priority setting for technology adoption at a hospital level: Relevant issues from the literature
by Lettieri, Emanuele & Masella, Cristina
- 89-93 The effect of an area-based intervention on breastfeeding rates in Victoria, Australia
by Kelaher, Margaret & Dunt, David & Feldman, Peter & Nolan, Andrea & Raban, Bridie
- 94-103 Making performance indicators work: The experience of using consensus indicators for external assessment of health and social services at regional level in Spain
by Hilarion, Pilar & Suol, Rosa & Groene, Oliver & Vallejo, Paula & Herrera, Elisabeth & Saura, Rosa Maria
- 104-112 The political use of poll results about public support for a privatized healthcare system in Canada
by Contandriopoulos, Damien & Bilodeau, Henriette
2009, Volume 89, Issue 3
- 252-260 International perspectives on the cost-effectiveness of tandem mass spectrometry for rare metabolic conditions
by Norman, Richard & Haas, Marion & Wilcken, Bridget
- 261-270 Use of economic evaluation in local health care decision-making in England: A qualitative investigation
by Eddama, Oya & Coast, Joanna
- 271-278 Evaluation of Croatian model of polycentric health planning and decision making
by Sogoric, Selma & Dzakula, Aleksandar & Rukavina, Tea Vukusic & Grozic-Zivolic, Sonja & Lazaric-Zec, Danijela & Dzono-Boban, Ankica & Brborovic, Ognjen & Lang, Slobodan & Vuletic, Silvije
- 279-287 Is certainty more important than diagnosis for understanding race and gender disparities?: An experiment using coronary heart disease and depression case vignettes
by Lutfey, Karen E. & Link, Carol L. & Grant, Richard W. & Marceau, Lisa D. & McKinlay, John B.
- 288-294 Which physicians have access to electronic prescribing and which ones end up using it?
by Pagn, Jos A. & Pratt, William R. & Sun, Jun
- 295-302 Medicine access and utilization in a population covered by primary health care in Brazil
by Bertoldi, Andra Dmaso & de Barros, Alusio Jardim Dornellas & Wagner, Anita & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Hallal, Pedro Curi
- 303-311 Estimation of avoidable skin cancers and cost-savings to government associated with regulation of the solarium industry in Australia
by Hirst, Nicholas & Gordon, Louisa & Gies, Peter & Green, Adle C.
- 312-321 Services production and patient satisfaction in primary care
by Grytten, Jostein & Carlsen, Fredrik & Skau, Irene
- 322-328 Breast milk as the "water that supports and preserves life"--Socio-cultural constructions of breastfeeding and their implications for the prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV in sub-Saharan Africa
by Hofmann, Jennifer & De Allegri, Manuela & Sarker, Malabika & Sanon, Mamadou & Bhler, Thomas
- 329-331 Is renal transplantation the most cost-effective and preferable therapy for patients suffering from end-stage renal disease or not?
by Niakas, Dimitris & Kontodimopoulos, Nick
2009, Volume 89, Issue 2
- 149-159 Estimation of hospital efficiency--Do different definitions and casemix measures for hospital output affect the results?
by Vitikainen, Kirsi & Street, Andrew & Linna, Miika
- 160-167 Conflicting accountabilities: Doctor's dilemma in TB control in rural India
by Fochsen, Grethe & Deshpande, Kirti & Ringsberg, Karin C. & Thorson, Anna
- 168-173 Euthanasia requests and cancer types in the Netherlands: Is there a relationship?
by Abarshi, Ebun & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 174-183 Consumer use of publicly released hospital performance information: Assessment of the National Hospital Evaluation Program in Korea
by Kang, Hye-Young & Kim, Sun Jeong & Cho, Woohyun & Lee, Sunhee
- 184-192 Public health policy decisions on medical innovations: What role can early economic evaluation play?
by Hartz, Susanne & John, Jürgen
- 193-200 From cost-effectiveness information to decision-making on liquid-based cytology: Mind the gap
by Legood, Rosa & Wolstenholme, Jane & Gray, Alastair
- 201-215 Cost-effectiveness of screening and correcting refractive errors in school children in Africa, Asia, America and Europe
by Baltussen, Rob & Naus, Jeroen & Limburg, Hans
- 216-224 Smoke-free restaurants in Shanghai: Should it be mandatory and is it acceptable?
by Zheng, Pinpin & Fu, Hua & Li, Guangyao
- 225-238 Cost-effectiveness of introducing the conjugated pneumococcal vaccine to routine free immunizations for infants in Lazio, Italy
by Giorgi-Rossi, Paolo & Merito, Monica & Borgia, Piero
2009, Volume 89, Issue 1
- 1-13 The increasing burden of injuries in Eastern Europe and Eurasia: Making the case for safety investments
by Hyder, Adnan A. & Aggarwal, Anju
- 14-25 The symptom mitigation path of mobile community residents: Community pharmacy's role
by Väänänen, Minna Heleena & Lyles, Alan & Airaksinen, Marja
- 26-36 Factors associated with system-level activities for patient safety and infection control
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi
- 37-45 Relationship between anxiety level of patients and their satisfaction with different aspects of healthcare
by Herrera-Espiñeira, Carmen & Rodríguez del Aguila, Maria del Mar & Rodríguez del Castillo, Mercedes & Valdivia, Antonia Fernández & Sánchez, Isabel Reyes
- 46-57 Analysing uncertainty around costs of innovative medical technologies: The case of fibrin sealant (QUIXILÂ®) for total knee replacement
by Steuten, Lotte & Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Bastide, Philippe & Buxton, Martin
- 58-71 Ethics frameworks in Canadian health policies: Foundation, scaffolding, or window dressing?
by Giacomini, Mita & Kenny, Nuala & DeJean, Deirdre
- 72-77 Cost-effectiveness of screening methods for urinary schistosomiasis in a school-based control programme in Ibadan, Nigeria
by Fatiregun, Akinola Ayoola & Osungbade, Kayode O. & Olumide, Aderonke E.
- 78-83 Estimating the budget impact of new technologies added to the National List of Health Services in Israel: Stakeholders' incentives for adopting a financial risk-sharing mechanism
by Hammerman, Ariel & Greenberg, Dan
- 84-96 The Philip Morris Nordic journalist program: Strategies, implementation and outcomes
by Hiilamo, Heikki & Kahl, Ulrika & Lambe, Mats
- 97-106 Cost implications of improving the quality of child care using integrated clinical algorithms: Evidence from Northeast Brazil
by Adam, Taghreed & Edwards, Sally J. & Amorim, Débora G. & Amaral, João & Victora, Cesar G. & Evans, David B.
- 107-114 The provision of oral care by local government authorities in Israel: Policy issues and empirical evidence
by Machnes, Yaffa & Carmeli, Abraham
- 115-123 Gender difference in physician workforce participation in Japan
by Kaneto, Chie & Toyokawa, Satoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 124-129 General practitioners' workload associated to practice size rather than chronic care organisation
by Wensing, Michel & Van den Hombergh, Pieter & Van Doremalen, Jan & Grol, Richard & Szecsenyi, Joachim
2008, Volume 88, Issue 2-3
- 166-175 Prioritising pain in policy making: The need for a whole systems perspective
by Phillips, Ceri & Main, Chris & Buck, Rhiannon & Aylward, Mansel & Wynne-Jones, Gwenllian & Farr, Angela
- 176-185 Disease management programmes for patients with coronary heart disease--An empirical study of German programmes
by Gapp, Oliver & Schweikert, Bernd & Meisinger, Christa & Holle, Rolf
- 186-199 Reimbursement of malaria chemoprophylaxis for travellers from Europe to Sub-Saharan Africa: Cost-effectiveness analysis from the perspective of the French national health insurance system
by Pistone, Thierry & Schwarzinger, Michaël & Chauvin, Pierre & Ezzedine, Khaled & Receveur, Marie-Catherine & Djossou, Félix & Siriwardana, Mahinda & Larouzé, Bernard & Malvy, Denis
- 200-208 Pediatric epidemic crisis: Lessons for policy and practice development
by Nicholas, David B. & Gearing, Robin E. & Koller, Donna & Salter, Robyn & Selkirk, Enid K.
- 209-221 Cash benefits in long-term home care
by van den Berg, Bernard & Hassink, Wolter H.J.
- 222-235 Barriers to addressing the social determinants of health: Insights from the Canadian experience
by Raphael, Dennis & Curry-Stevens, Ann & Bryant, Toba
- 236-242 Economic barriers to implementation of innovations in health care: Is the long run-short run efficiency discrepancy a paradox?
by Adang, Eddy M.M. & Wensing, Michel
- 243-249 Seed grants as a means of stimulating cancer research funding
by Hanson, Christopher S. & Schneider, Dona & Hill, Ann Marie
- 250-257 The Australian funding debate on quadrivalent HPV vaccine: A case study for the national pharmaceutical policy
by Roughead, Elizabeth Ellen & Gilbert, Andrew L. & Vitry, Agnes I.
- 258-268 Determinants of the uptake of medicines use reviews (MURs) by community pharmacies in England: A multi-method study
by Bradley, Fay & Wagner, Andrew C. & Elvey, Rebecca & Noyce, Peter R. & Ashcroft, Darren M.
- 269-281 Pakistan's health policy: Appropriateness and relevance to women's health needs
by Rizvi, Narjis & Nishtar, Sania
- 282-293 Private health expenditure in the Greek health care system: Where truth ends and the myth begins
by Siskou, Olga & Kaitelidou, Daphne & Papakonstantinou, Vasiliki & Liaropoulos, Lycourgos
- 294-307 Outsourcing primary health care services--How politicians explain the grounds for their decisions
by Laamanen, Ritva & Simonsen-Rehn, Nina & Suominen, Sakari & Øvretveit, John & Brommels, Mats
- 308-316 Drug formulary decision-making in two regional health authorities in British Columbia, Canada
by Armstrong, Kristy & Mitton, Craig & Carleton, Bruce & Shoveller, Jean
- 317-325 Re-evaluating the volume-outcome relationship in hemodialysis patients
by Eisenstein, Eric L. & Sun, Jie L. & Anstrom, Kevin J. & Stafford, Judith A. & Szczech, Lynda A. & Muhlbaier, Lawrence H. & Mark, Daniel B.
- 326-338 Why non-urgent patients choose emergency over primary care services? Empirical evidence and managerial implications
by Lega, Federico & Mengoni, Alessandro
- 339-347 Strategies that promote high quality care in Indonesia
by Barber, Sarah L. & Gertler, Paul J.
- 348-358 Managing public health care policy: Who's being forgotten?
by Brunton, Margaret & Jordan, Claire & Fouche, Christa
- 359-370 Eliciting preferences for resource allocation in mental health care in Ireland
by O'Shea, Eamon & Gannon, Brenda & Kennelly, Brendan
- 371-380 The influence of health insurance towards accessing essential medicines: The experience from Shenzhen labor health insurance
by Zhu, Minmin & Dib, Hassan H. & Zhang, Xinping & Tang, Shengchun & Liu, Liqun
- 381-391 Economic evaluations of maintaining patient safety systems in teaching hospitals
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi
- 392-396 Hypothetical modeling about the cost effectiveness of kidney transplantation for end-stage renal disease: Untested assumptions, unaccounted variables and unknown consequences
by Verheijde, Joseph L. & Rady, Mohamed Y. & McGregor, Joan L.
- 397-399 Author's response to Chapman and Hayen
by Baker, Jeanine & McPhedran, Samara
2008, Volume 88, Issue 1
- 1-14 Emotions in physician agency
by Barigozzi, Francesca & Levaggi, Rosella
- 15-24 Ex-ante evaluation of PFIs within the Italian health-care sector: What is the basis for this PPP?
by Barretta, Antonio & Ruggiero, Pasquale
- 25-37 The impact of the introduction of market incentives on occupational health services and occupational health professionals: Experiences from The Netherlands
by Plomp, Harmen Nico
- 38-48 Changes in out-of-pocket payments for healthcare in Vietnam and its impact on equity in payments, 1992-2002
by Chaudhuri, Anoshua & Roy, Kakoli
- 49-61 Cost of illness: An international comparison: Australia, Canada, France, Germany and The Netherlands
by Heijink, Richard & Noethen, Manuela & Renaud, Thomas & Koopmanschap, Marc & Polder, Johan
- 62-72 Overview of the clinical application of regenerative medicine products in Japan
by Tsubouchi, Mina & Matsui, Shigeyuki & Banno, Yoshiro & Kurokawa, Kiyoshi & Kawakami, Koji
- 73-87 Give me a break!: Informal caregiver attitudes towards respite care
by van Exel, Job & de Graaf, Gjalt & Brouwer, Werner
- 88-99 Health sector reforms in Argentina and the performance of the health financing system
by Cavagnero, Eleonora
- 100-109 Management patterns and healthcare costs for hospitalized patients with cerebral infarction
by Sekimoto, Miho & Kakutani, Chieko & Inoue, Isao & Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Hayashida, Kenshi & Imanaka, Yuichi
- 110-120 The economic impact of SARS: How does the reality match the predictions?
by Keogh-Brown, Marcus Richard & Smith, Richard David
- 121-129 Financial incentives do not always work--An example of cesarean sections in Taiwan
by Lo, Joan C.
- 130-140 Internet use and the logics of personal empowerment in health
by Lemire, Marc & Sicotte, Claude & Paré, Guy
- 141-151 The emergence of proprietary medical facilities in China
by Hou, Xiaohui & Coyne, Joseph
- 152-154 Declines in Australian suicide: A reanalysis of Mcphedran and Baker (2008)
by Chapman, Simon & Hayen, Andrew
2008, Volume 87, Issue 3
- 273-284 Financing the package of services during the first decade of the national health insurance law in Israel: Trends and issues
by Shmueli, Amir & Achdut, Leah & Sabag-Endeweld, Miri
- 285-295 The use of community-based social services by elderly people at risk of institutionalization: An evaluation
by van Bilsen, P.M.A. & Hamers, J.P.H. & Groot, W. & Spreeuwenberg, C.
- 296-308 Improving public addiction treatment through performance contracting: The Delaware experiment
by McLellan, A. Thomas & Kemp, Jack & Brooks, Adam & Carise, Deni
- 309-315 Impact of the reduction of the prescription charge in Wales on the prescribing of non-sedating antihistamines in primary care
by Dhippayom, Teerapon & Walker, Roger
- 316-325 How do general practitioners assess the criteria for due care for euthanasia in concrete cases?
by Hanssen-de Wolf, Johanna E. & Pasman, H. Roeline W. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D.
- 326-332 Rethinking policies for the retention of allied health professionals in rural areas: A social relations approach
by O'Toole, Kevin & Schoo, Adrian & Stagnitti, Karen & Cuss, Kate
- 333-341 Pharmaceutical companies and Italian Regional Governments: Managing relationships in an increasing institutional complexity
by Compagni, Amelia & Cavalli, Laura & Jommi, Claudio
- 342-349 Allocating HIV prevention resources: A tool for state and local decision making
by Richter, Anke & Hicks, Katherine A. & Earnshaw, Stephanie R. & Honeycutt, Amanda A.
- 350-358 Recent Australian suicide trends for males and females at the national level: Has the rate of decline differed?
by McPhedran, Samara & Baker, Jeanine
- 359-368 Healthcare sustainability and the challenges of innovation to biopharmaceuticals in Canada
by Rosenberg-Yunger, Zahava R.S. & Daar, Abdallah S. & Singer, Peter A. & Martin, Douglas K.
- 369-376 Present situation of vector-control management in Bangladesh: A wake up call
by Mondal, Dinesh & Alam, Mohammad Shafiul & Karim, Zehadul & Haque, Rashidul & Boelaert, Marleen & Kroeger, Axel
- 377-388 Public purchasers contracting external primary care providers in Central America for better responsiveness, efficiency of health care and public governance: Issues and challenges
by Macq, Jean & Martiny, Patrick & Villalobos, Luis Bernardo & Solis, Alejandro & Miranda, Jose & Mendez, Hilda Cecilia & Collins, Charles
- 389-400 Comparing methods for full versus single technology appraisal: A case study of docetaxel and paclitaxel for early breast cancer
by Kaltenthaler, Eva & Tappenden, Paul & Booth, Andrew & Akehurst, Ron
2008, Volume 87, Issue 2
- 133-145 Balancing health and industrial policy objectives in the pharmaceutical sector: Lessons from Australia
by Morgan, Steve & McMahon, Meghan & Greyson, Devon
- 146-159 Trastuzumab in early stage breast cancer: A cost-effectiveness analysis for Belgium
by Neyt, Mattias & Huybrechts, Michel & Hulstaert, Frank & Vrijens, France & Ramaekers, Dirk
- 160-171 Emerging health technologies: Informing and supporting health policy early
by Wild, Claudia & Langer, Thomas
- 172-184 Community health insurance in Uganda: Why does enrolment remain low? A view from beneath
by Basaza, Robert & Criel, Bart & Van der Stuyft, Patrick
- 185-193 Cancer registry policies in the United States and geographic information systems applications in comprehensive cancer control
by Ghetian, Christie B. & Parrott, Roxanne & Volkman, Julie E. & Lengerich, Eugene J.
- 194-202 Characteristics of medical students with rural origin: Implications for selective admission policies
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Kajii, Eiji
- 203-216 Priority dilemmas in psoriasis care and visions of a future care in a group of administrators, politicians and professionals in northern Sweden
by Uttjek, Margaretha & Dufåker, Mona & Stenberg, Berndt & Nygren, Lennart
- 217-222 The use of MinilabsÂ® to improve the testing capacity of regulatory authorities in resource limited settings: Tanzanian experience
by Risha, Peter Gasper & Msuya, Zera & Clark, Malcolm & Johnson, Keith & Ndomondo-Sigonda, Margareth & Layloff, Thomas
- 223-234 A preliminary study into the economic burden of cerebral palsy in China
by Wang, Bin & Chen, Yingyao & Zhang, Jie & Li, Jun & Guo, Yan & Hailey, David
- 235-248 Measuring the benefits of health promotion programmes: Application of the contingent valuation method
by Borghi, Josephine & Jan, Stephen
- 249-257 Job satisfaction and trust in Health Insurance Review Agency among Korean physicians
by Lee, Hoo-Yeon & Park, Sung Eun & Park, Eun-Cheol & Hahm, Myung-Il & Cho, Woo Hyun
- 258-263 Entry of new pharmacies in the deregulated Norwegian pharmaceuticals market--Consequences for costs and availability
by Rudholm, Niklas
- 264-272 Overseas nurse recruitment: Ireland as an illustration of the dynamic nature of nurse migration
by Humphries, Niamh & Brugha, Ruairí & McGee, Hannah
2008, Volume 87, Issue 1
- 1-7 Measuring efficiency in clinical departments
by Magnussen, Jon & Nyland, Kari
- 8-19 Hospital performance: Competing or shared values?
by Minvielle, Etienne & Sicotte, Claude & Champagne, François & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Jeantet, Marine & Préaubert, Nathalie & Bourdil, Annie & Richard, Christian
- 20-30 Association between patient age and hospitalization resource use in a teaching hospital in Japan
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Oh, Eun-Hwan & Sekimoto, Miho & Hayashida, Kenshi & Kobuse, Hiroe
- 31-40 A bed too far: The implementation of freedom of choice policy in the NHS
by García-Lacalle, Javier
- 41-49 Reforming the hospital service structure to improve efficiency: Urban hospital specialization
by Lee, Kwang-soo & Chun, Ki-hong & Lee, Jung-soo
- 50-62 Exploring the spatial pattern in hospital admissions
by Bech, Mickael & Lauridsen, Jørgen
- 63-71 Describing Iranian hospital activity using Australian Refined DRGs: A case study of the Iranian Social Security Organisation
by Ghaffari, Shahram & Jackson, Terri J. & Doran, Christopher M. & Wilson, Andrew & Aisbett, Chris
- 72-81 Informal payments in public hospitals in Greece
by Liaropoulos, Lycourgos & Siskou, Olga & Kaitelidou, Daphne & Theodorou, Mamas & Katostaras, Theofanis
- 82-91 Comparing diagnosis-related group systems to identify design improvements
by Reid, Beth & Sutch, Stephen
- 92-99 Is it better to be big?: The reconfiguration of 21st century hospitals: Responses to a hospital merger in Sweden
by Ahgren, Bengt
- 100-111 Cost of hospital-wide activities to improve patient safety and infection control: A multi-centre study in Japan
by Fukuda, Haruhisa & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hayashida, Kenshi
- 112-127 United States rural hospital quality in the Hospital Compare database--Accounting for hospital characteristics
by Goldman, L. Elizabeth & Dudley, R. Adams
- 128-132 List of referees 2007
by Kesteloot, Katrien
2008, Volume 86, Issue 2-3
- 129-141 A systematic review of the use of economic evaluation in local decision-making
by Eddama, Oya & Coast, Joanna
- 142-152 Economic evidence of influenza vaccination in children
by Savidan, Emmanuelle & Chevat, Catherine & Marsh, Grenville
- 153-162 Improvements in the safety of patient care can help end the medical malpractice crisis in the United States
by Dalton, George D. & Samaropoulos, Xanthia F. & Dalton, Augustine C.
- 163-180 Economic evaluations of dialysis treatment modalities
by Just, Paul Michael & Riella, Miguel Carlos & Tschosik, Elizabeth Ann & Noe, Leslie Lyle & Bhattacharyya, Samir Kumar & de Charro, Frank
- 181-194 Health systems' responses to 25 years of HIV in Europe: Inequities persist and challenges remain
by Atun, Rifat A. & McKee, Martin & Coker, Richard & Gurol-Urganci, Ipek
- 195-203 Reforming the Belgian market for orthotic braces: What can we learn from the international experience?
by Simoens, Steven & De Coster, Sandra & Moldenaers, Ingrid & Guillaume, Paul & Depoorter, Antony & Van den Steen, Dirk & Van de Sande, Stefaan & Debruyne, Hans & Ramaekers, Dirk & Lona, Murielle
- 204-212 Room for manoeuvre?: Explaining local autonomy in the English National Health Service
by Exworthy, Mark & Frosini, Francesca
- 213-221 Perceived smoking prevalence at school-level and children's smoking initiation: A multi-level analysis of a cross-sectional data in Taiwan
by Huang, Hsiao-Ling & Hsu, Chih-Cheng & Magnus, Jeanette H. & Chen, Fu-Li & Rice, Janet & Lee, Chien-Hung & Yen, Yea-Yin & Chen, Ted
- 222-233 Why eight EU Member States signed, but not yet ratified the Convention for Human Rights and Biomedicine
by Goffin, Tom & Borry, Pascal & Dierickx, Kris & Nys, Herman
- 234-238 Opinion on tobacco tax increase: Factors associated with individuals' support in Germany
by Hanewinkel, Reiner & Isensee, Barbara
- 239-244 Analysis of satisfaction about new cooperative medical scheme and its influencing factors in Weihai, China
by Liu, Jinan & Xu, Lingzhong & Cao, Xiuling & Wang, Xingzhou & Sun, Hui & Tang, Cheng & Yang, Zhenghui & Song, Xiaofei & Lv, Ming
- 245-254 Cross-border health activities in the Euregios: Good practice for better health
by Brand, Helmut & Hollederer, Alfons & Wolf, Ulrike & Brand, Angela
- 255-265 When costs count: The impact of staff size, skill mix and treatment intensity on patient outcome for psychotherapeutic day treatment programmes
by Halsteinli, Vidar & Karterud, Sigmund & Pedersen, Geir
- 266-275 Social capital, political trust and purchase of illegal liquor: A population-based study in southern Sweden
by Lindström, Martin
- 276-287 Cost-effective practices in the blood service sector
by Katsaliaki, Korina
- 288-294 The soaring mechanic ventilator utilization under a universal health insurance in Taiwan
by Cheng, Shou-Hsia & Jan, I-Shiow & Liu, Pin-Chun
- 295-307 Collaboration between practice, policy and research in local public health in the Netherlands
by Jansen, Maria W.J. & De Vries, Nanne K. & Kok, Gerjo & Van Oers, Hans A.M.
- 308-317 Perceptions and attitudes in relation to reproductive tract infections including sexually transmitted infections in rural Vietnam: A qualitative study
by Lan, Pham Thi & Faxelid, Elisabeth & Chuc, Nguyen Thi Kim & Mogren, Ingrid & Lundborg, Cecilia Stålsby
- 318-324 Health system values and social values of dental practitioners
by Brennan, David S. & Singh, Kiran A. & Spencer, A. John
- 325-334 Primary healthcare for people with mental health problems or learning disabilities
by Nocon, Andrew & Sayce, Liz
- 335-344 Population and primary health-care team characteristics explain the quality of the service
by Gené-Badia, Joan & Ascaso, Carlos & Escaramis-Babiano, Georgia & Catalán-Ramos, Arantxa & Pujol-Ribera, Enriqueta & Sampietro-Colom, Laura
- 345-354 Evaluation of chronic disease management on outcomes and cost of care for Medicaid beneficiaries
by Zhang, Ning Jackie & Wan, Thomas T.H. & Rossiter, Louis F. & Murawski, Matthew M. & Patel, Urvashi B.
- 355-362 Effect of deregulation on the prices of nicotine replacement therapy products in Finland
by Aalto-Setälä, Ville & Alaranta, Antti
- 363-372 Determinants of demand for antenatal care in Colombia
by Vecino-Ortiz, Andrés Ignacio
- 373-380 Developing a uniformed assessment tool to evaluate care service needs for disabled persons in Japan
by Takei, Teiji & Takahashi, Hiroshi & Nakatani, Hiroki
- 381-390 Accounting for reasonableness: Exploring the personal internal framework affecting decisions about cancer drug funding
by Sinclair, Shane & Hagen, Neil A. & Chambers, Carole & Manns, Braden & Simon, Anita & Browman, George P.
2008, Volume 86, Issue 1
- 1-9 Decision-making in priority setting for medicines--A review of empirical studies
by Vuorenkoski, Lauri & Toiviainen, Hanna & Hemminki, Elina
- 10-16 Public release of institutional Cesarean section rates in South Korea: Which women were aware of the information?
by Khang, Young-Ho & Yun, Sung-Cheol & Jo, Min-Woo & Lee, Moo-Song & Lee, Sang-Il
- 17-26 Ten years after the Rx-to-OTC switch of nicotine replacement therapy: What have we learned about the benefits and risks of non-prescription availability?
by Shiffman, Saul & Sweeney, Christine T.
- 27-41 Health human resource planning in Canada: A typology and its application
by Wranik, Dominika
- 42-52 News on tobacco and public attitudes toward smokefree air policies in the United States
by Smith, Katherine Clegg & Siebel, Catherine & Pham, Luu & Cho, Juhee & Singer, Rachel Friedman & Chaloupka, Frank Joseph & Griswold, Michael & Wakefield, Melanie
- 53-63 Fostering knowledge exchange between researchers and decision-makers: Exploring the effectiveness of a mixed-methods approach
by Gagliardi, Anna R. & Fraser, Novlette & Wright, Frances C. & Lemieux-Charles, Louise & Davis, Dave
- 64-71 Prevention versus cure: Measuring parental preferences for sealants and fillings as treatments for childhood caries in Southern Thailand
by Tianviwat, Sukanya & Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Birch, Stephen
- 72-84 Who is willing to pay for long-term care insurance in Catalonia?
by Costa-Font, Joan & Rovira-Forns, Joan
- 85-96 An estimate of lifelong costs and QALYs in renal replacement therapy based on patients' life expectancy
by Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris
- 97-108 Horizontal inequities in Australia's mixed public/private health care system
by Van Doorslaer, Eddy & Clarke, Philip & Savage, Elizabeth & Hall, Jane
- 109-118 Controlling sickness absence: A study of changes in the Danish sickness absence legislation since 1973
by Johansen, Kristina & Andersen, John Sahl & Mikkelsen, Sigurd & Pass, Ole & Raffnsøe, Sverre & Lynge, Elsebeth
- 119-128 Inequalities in oral health practices and social space: An exploratory qualitative study
by Chaves, Sônia Cristina Lima & Vieira-da-Silva, Lígia Maria