Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Mia Defever
Editor: Irina Cleemput
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier) or ()
Series handle: repec:eee:hepoli
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2011, Volume 101, Issue 3
- 269-276 The importance of socio-economic variables in cancer screening participation: A comparison between population-based and opportunistic screening in the EU-15
by Walsh, Brendan & Silles, Mary & O'Neill, Ciarán
- 277-289 The influence of information and private versus public provision on preferences for screening for prostate cancer: A willingness-to-pay study
by Pedersen, Line Bjørnskov & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Kjær, Trine
- 290-299 A structured tool to analyse coverage decisions: Development and feasibility test in the field of cancer screening and prevention
by Fischer, Katharina E. & Leidl, Reiner & Rogowski, Wolf H.
- 300-311 Individual responsibility and health-risk behaviour: A contingent valuation study from the ex ante societal perspective
by van der Star, Sanne M. & van den Berg, Bernard
2011, Volume 101, Issue 2
- 105-121 Impact of disease management programs on healthcare expenditures for patients with diabetes, depression, heart failure or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A systematic review of the literature
by de Bruin, Simone R. & Heijink, Richard & Lemmens, Lidwien C. & Struijs, Jeroen N. & Baan, Caroline A.
- 122-132 Towards integrated care for chronic conditions: Dutch policy developments to overcome the (financial) barriers
by Tsiachristas, Apostolos & Hipple-Walters, Bethany & Lemmens, Karin M.M. & Nieboer, Anna P. & Rutten-van Mölken, Maureen P.M.H.
- 133-139 Setting health care capitations through diagnosis-based risk adjustment: A suitable model for the English NHS?
by Asthana, Sheena & Gibson, Alex
- 140-145 Patient and practice characteristics predict the frequency of general practice multidisciplinary referrals of patients with chronic diseases: A multilevel study
by Harris, Mark F. & Jayasinghe, Upali W. & Chan, Bibiana C. & Proudfoot, Judy & Crookes, Patrick & Zwar, Nick & Powell Davies, Gawaine
- 146-152 Tendering for outpatient prescription pharmaceuticals: What can be learned from current practices in Europe?
by Dylst, Pieter & Vulto, Arnold & Simoens, Steven
- 153-161 Acquisition cost of dispensed drugs in individuals with multiple medications--A register-based study in Sweden
by Hovstadius, Bo & Åstrand, Bengt & Persson, Ulf & Petersson, Göran
- 162-171 The impotence of price controls: Failed attempts to constrain pharmaceutical expenditures in Greece
by Lambrelli, Dimitra & O'Donnell, Owen
- 172-177 Newspapers' coverage of contaminated intravenous fluids from an Indian manufacturer distributed by Public Central Medical Supplies in Sudan: Lessons to be learned
by Ali, Gamal K. Mohamed & Alfadl, Abubakr A. & Fathelrahman, Ahmed I.
- 178-184 Psychosocial factors associated with the prescription of generic drugs
by Rodríguez-Calvillo, Javier A. & Lana, Alberto & Cueto, Antonio & Markham, Wolfgang A. & López, Maria Luisa
- 185-194 The redistributive effect of the move from age-based to income-based prescription drug coverage in British Columbia, Canada
by Hanley, Gillian E. & Morgan, Steve & Barer, Morris & Reid, Robert J.
- 195-208 Does cost sharing really reduce inappropriate prescriptions among the elderly?
by Costa Font, Joan & Gemmill Toyama, Marin
2011, Volume 101, Issue 1
- 1-10 The gradient in health inequalities among families and children: A review of evaluation frameworks
by Davies, John Kenneth & Sherriff, Nigel
- 11-19 Multi-sector policy action to create activity-friendly environments for children: A multiple-case study
by Aarts, Marie-Jeanne & Jeurissen, Milou P.J. & van Oers, Hans A.M. & Schuit, Albertine J. & van de Goor, Ien A.M.
- 20-28 A rapid review of key strategies to improve the cognitive and social development of children in Scotland
by Geddes, Rosemary & Frank, John & Haw, Sally
- 29-36 Children of substance abusing parents: A national survey on policy and practice in Swedish schools
by Elgán, Tobias H. & Leifman, Håkan
- 37-43 Capacity building in and for health promoting schools: Results from a qualitative study
by Gugglberger, Lisa & Dür, Wolfgang
- 44-58 Canada: A land of missed opportunity for addressing the social determinants of health
by Bryant, Toba & Raphael, Dennis & Schrecker, Ted & Labonte, Ronald
- 59-69 Development of a framework for effective community engagement in Ontario, Canada
by Jabbar, Amina M. & Abelson, Julia
- 70-78 Health policies for migrant populations in three European countries: England; Italy and Spain
by Vázquez, María-Luisa & Terraza-Núñez, Rebeca & Vargas, Ingrid & Rodríguez, Dolors & Lizana, Tona
- 79-86 'Balancing acts': The politics and processes of smokefree area policymaking in a small state
by Wilson, Helen & Thomson, George
- 87-94 Occupational health and safety policy and psychosocial risks in Europe: The role of stakeholders' perceptions
by Iavicoli, Sergio & Natali, Elena & Deitinger, Patrizia & Maria Rondinone, Bruna & Ertel, Michael & Jain, Aditya & Leka, Stavroula
- 95-103 Gun control and suicide: The impact of state firearm regulations in the United States, 1995-2004
by Rodríguez Andrés, Antonio & Hempstead, Katherine
2011, Volume 100, Issue 2
- 107-115 Power of the process: Evaluating the impact of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control negotiations
by Wipfli, Heather & Huang, Grace
- 116-124 A review of global mechanisms for tracking official development assistance for health in countries affected by armed conflict
by Patel, Preeti & Roberts, Bayard & Conteh, Lesong & Guy, Samantha & Lee-Jones, Louise
- 125-133 Worldwide violence against women legislation: An equity approach
by Ortiz-Barreda, Gaby & Vives-Cases, Carmen & Gil-González, Diana
- 134-143 Active pharmaceutical management strategies of health insurance systems to improve cost-effective use of medicines in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review of current evidence
by Faden, Laura & Vialle-Valentin, Catherine & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Wagner, Anita
- 144-150 Satisfaction of patients: A right to health indicator?
by Mpinga, Emmanuel Kabengele & Chastonay, Philippe
- 151-158 Access to care and medicines, burden of health care expenditures, and risk protection: Results from the World Health Survey
by Wagner, Anita K. & Graves, Amy Johnson & Reiss, Sheila K. & LeCates, Robert & Zhang, Fang & Ross-Degnan, Dennis
- 159-166 Guatemala: The economic burden of illness and health system implications
by Bowser, Diana M. & Mahal, Ajay
- 167-173 Health policy processes in maternal health: A comparison of Vietnam, India and China
by Green, Andrew & Gerein, Nancy & Mirzoev, Tolib & Bird, Philippa & Pearson, Stephen & Anh, Le Vu & Martineau, Tim & Mukhopadhyay, Maitrayee & Qian, Xu & Ramani, K.V. & Soors, Werner
- 174-180 Evolution of primary care in China 1997–2009
by Bhattacharyya, Onil & Delu, Yin & Wong, Sabrina T. & Bowen, Chen
- 181-188 Tracking the effectiveness of health care reform in China: A case study of community health centers in a district of Beijing
by Zhang, Xuanchuan & Chen, Li-Wu & Mueller, Keith & Yu, Qiao & Liu, Jiapeng & Lin, Ge
- 189-195 Nonemergent emergency department visits under the National Health Insurance in Taiwan
by Tsai, Jeffrey Che-Hung & Chen, Wen-Yi & Liang, Yia-Wun
- 196-202 Underuse of ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers among patients with diabetic nephropathy in Taiwan
by Yeh, Hseng-Long & Huang, Li-Ying & Su, Syi & Yang, Ming-Chin & Wang, Ting-Chung
- 203-210 The equality of resource allocation in health care under the National Health Insurance System in Taiwan
by Kreng, Victor B. & Yang, Chi-Tien
- 211-218 Perspective from health professionals on delivery of sub-acute care in Hong Kong: A qualitative study in a health system
by Wong, Eliza L.Y. & Yam, Carrie H.K. & Chan, Frank W.K. & Cheung, Annie W.L. & Wong, Fiona Y.Y. & Griffiths, S. & Yeoh, E.K.
- 219-233 Health care prioritization in ageing societies: Influence of age, education, health literacy and culture
by Mak, Benise & Woo, Jean & Bowling, Ann & Wong, Florens & Chau, Pui Hing
- 234-238 Prevalence and lifetime healthcare cost of cerebral palsy in South Korea
by Park, Moon Seok & Kim, Se Jin & Chung, Chin Youb & Kwon, Dae Gyu & Choi, In Ho & Lee, Kyoung Min
- 239-246 Relationship between catastrophic health expenditures and household incomes and expenditure patterns in South Korea
by Kim, Younhee & Yang, Bongmin
- 247-255 Population strategies and high-risk-individual strategies for road safety in Japan
by Nakahara, Shinji & Ichikawa, Masao & Kimura, Akio
- 256-263 Reform towards National Health Insurance in Malaysia: The equity implications
by Yu, Chai Ping & Whynes, David K. & Sach, Tracey H.
- 264-272 An approach to building the case for nutrition policies to limit trans-fat intake – A Singapore case study
by Tan, Andy S.L.
- 273-281 Expanding health insurance to increase health care utilization: Will it have different effects in rural vs. urban areas?
by Erlyana, Erlyana & Damrongplasit, Kannika Kampanya & Melnick, Glenn
- 282-289 Noncommunicable chronic disease in Bangladesh: Overview of existing programs and priorities going forward
by Bleich, Sara N. & Koehlmoos, Tracey L.P. & Rashid, Mashida & Peters, David H. & Anderson, Gerard
- 290-296 Estimating drowning deaths in Northern Iran using capture–recapture method
by Kiakalayeh, Ali Davoudi & Mohammadi, Reza & Stark Ekman, Diana & Yousefzade-Chabok, Shahrokh & Behboudi, Firoz & Jansson, Bjarne
- 297-304 Vaccination against hepatitis B among prisoners in Iran: Accelerated vs. classic vaccination
by Asli, Ali Asghar Zolghadr & Moghadami, Mohsen & Zamiri, Nima & Tolide-ei, Hamid Reza & Heydari, Seyyed Taghi & Alavian, Seyed Moayed & Lankarani, Kamran B.
- 305-309 Tetanus seroepidemiology and factors influencing immunity status among farmers of advanced age
by Öncü, Serkan & Önde, Mete & Öncü, Selcen & Ergin, Filiz & Öztürk, Barçın
- 310-316 Distance and socioeconomic status as a health service predictor on the periphery in the southern region of Israel
by Lubetzky, Hasia & Friger, Michael & Warshawsky-Livne, Lora & Shvarts, Shifra
2011, Volume 100, Issue 1
- 1-3 Health Policy's future course
by Busse, Reinhard
- 4-17 The cost of drug development: A systematic review
by Morgan, Steve & Grootendorst, Paul & Lexchin, Joel & Cunningham, Colleen & Greyson, Devon
- 18-24 A dynamic perspective on pharmaceutical competition, drug development and cost effectiveness
by Refoios Camejo, Rodrigo & McGrath, Clare & Herings, Ron
- 25-34 Priority setting for orphan drugs: An international comparison
by Rosenberg-Yunger, Zahava R.S. & Daar, Abdallah S. & Thorsteinsdóttir, Halla & Martin, Douglas K.
- 35-42 The introduction of new interventional procedures in the British National Health Service--A qualitative study
by Lourenco, Tania & Grant, Adrian M. & Burr, Jennifer M. & Vale, Luke
- 43-50 Medical technology procurement in Europe: A cross-country comparison of current practice and policy
by Sorenson, Corinna & Kanavos, Panos
- 51-59 Diffusion of medical technology: The role of financing
by Cappellaro, Giulia & Ghislandi, Simone & Anessi-Pessina, Eugenio
- 60-70 Rendering hospital budgets volume based and open ended to reduce waiting lists: Does it work?
by van de Vijsel, Aart R. & Engelfriet, Peter M. & Westert, Gert P.
- 71-80 Fiscal decentralization in the Italian NHS: What happens to interregional redistribution?
by Ferrario, Caterina & Zanardi, Alberto
- 81-90 The role of supplemental coverage in a universal health insurance system: Some Canadian evidence
by Devlin, Rose Anne & Sarma, Sisira & Zhang, Qi
- 91-95 Do established health-related quality-of-life measures adequately capture the impact of chronic conditions on subjective well-being?
by Böckerman, Petri & Johansson, Edvard & Saarni, Samuli I.
- 96-104 Health span or life span: The role of patient-reported outcomes in informing health policy
by Chang, Sungwon & Gholizadeh, Leila & Salamonson, Yenna & DiGiacomo, Michelle & Betihavas, Vasiliki & Davidson, Patricia M.
2011, Volume 99, Issue 3
- 183-192 The role of institutional design and organizational practice for health financing performance and universal coverage
by Mathauer, Inke & Carrin, Guy
- 193-202 Health insurance systems in five Sub-Saharan African countries: Medicine benefits and data for decision making
by Carapinha, João L. & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Desta, Abayneh Tamer & Wagner, Anita K.
- 203-209 Mutual health insurance in Rwanda: Evidence on access to care and financial risk protection
by Saksena, Priyanka & Antunes, Adélio Fernandes & Xu, Ke & Musango, Laurent & Carrin, Guy
- 210-218 Determinants of utilisation of maternal care services after the reduction of user fees: A case study from rural Burkina Faso
by De Allegri, Manuela & Ridde, Valéry & Louis, Valérie R. & Sarker, Malabika & Tiendrebéogo, Justin & Yé, Maurice & Müller, Olaf & Jahn, Albrecht
- 219-225 User fees abolition policy in Niger: Comparing the under five years exemption implementation in two districts
by Ridde, Valéry & Diarra, Aïssa & Moha, Mahaman
- 226-233 "We charge them; otherwise we cannot run the hospital" front line workers, clients and health financing policy implementation gaps in Ghana
by Agyepong, Irene Akua & Nagai, Richard A.
- 234-243 Community and facility-level engagement in planning and budgeting for the government health sector - A district perspective from Kenya
by O'Meara, Wendy Prudhomme & Tsofa, Benjamin & Molyneux, Sassy & Goodman, Catherine & McKenzie, F. Ellis
- 244-249 Priority setting for systematic review of health care interventions in Nigeria
by Meremikwu, Martin & Udoh, Ekong & Nwagbara, Bridget & Effa, Emmanuel & Oringanje, Chioma & Edet, Bassey & Nwagbara, Eucharia & Bello, Segun & Eke, Felix
- 250-254 Asthma in Nigeria: Are the facilities and resources available to support internationally endorsed standards of care?
by Desalu, Olufemi Olumuyiwa & Onyedum, Cajetan Chigozie & Iseh, Kufre Robert & Salawu, Fatai Kunle & Salami, Alakija Kazeem
- 255-260 The Alma-Ata declaration: An appraisal of Nigeria's primary oral health care three decades later
by Osazuwa-Peters, Nosayaba
- 261-266 Equity in the use of antiretroviral treatment in the public health care system in urban South Africa
by Cleary, Susan & Silal, Sheetal & Birch, Stephen & Carrara, Henri & Pillay-van Wyk, Victoria & Rehle, Thomas & Schneider, Helen
- 267-276 Too little, too late: Comparison of nutritional status and quality of life of nutrition care and support recipient and non-recipients among HIV-positive adults in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by Oketch, Jecinter Akinyi & Paterson, Marie & Maunder, Eleni Winfred & Rollins, Nigel Campbell
- 277-284 Voluntary counseling and testing (VCT) for HIV/AIDS: A study of the knowledge, awareness and willingness to pay for VCT among students in tertiary institutions in Enugu State Nigeria
by Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Uguru, Nkolika & Ezeoke, Uche & Onwujekwe, Obinna & Sibeudu, Tochi
2011, Volume 99, Issue 2
- 91-96 Time for a paradigm change? Tracing the institutionalisation of health impact assessment in the Republic of Ireland across health and environmental sectors
by Kearns, Noreen & Pursell, Lisa
- 97-106 Association between ethnicity and prostate cancer outcomes across hospital and surgeon volume groups
by Jayadevappa, Ravishankar & Chhatre, Sumedha & Johnson, Jerry C. & Malkowicz, Stanley Bruce
- 107-115 Informal payments and the quality of health care: Mechanisms revealed by Tanzanian health workers
by Mæstad, Ottar & Mwisongo, Aziza
- 116-123 Diabetes prevalence and income: Results of the Canadian Community Health Survey
by Dinca-Panaitescu, Serban & Dinca-Panaitescu, Mihaela & Bryant, Toba & Daiski, Isolde & Pilkington, Beryl & Raphael, Dennis
- 124-130 Health reform and cesarean sections in the private sector: The experience of Peru
by Arrieta, Alejandro
- 131-138 Advocacy for free maternal and child health care in Nigeria--Results and outcomes
by Okonofua, Friday & Lambo, Eyitayo & Okeibunor, John & Agholor, Kingsley
- 139-148 A nationwide study on generic medicines substitution practices of Australian community pharmacists and patient acceptance
by Chong, Chee Ping & March, Geoff & Clark, Alice & Gilbert, Andrew & Hassali, Mohamed Azmi & Bahari, Mohd Baidi
- 149-157 Flexible employment and nurses' intention to leave the profession: The role of support at work
by Zeytinoglu, Isik U. & Denton, Margaret & Plenderleith, Jennifer Millen
- 158-166 An analysis of hospital capital planning and financing in three European countries: Using the principal-agent approach to identify the potential for economic problems
by Thompson, Ceri R. & McKee, Martin
- 167-173 Enhancing community system in China's recent health reform: An effort to improve equity in essential health care
by Li, Hua & Yu, Wei
- 174-182 Healthcare utilisation among the Belgian elderly in relation to their socio-economic status
by Hoeck, Sarah & François, Guido & Van der Heyden, Johan & Geerts, Joanna & Van Hal, Guido
2011, Volume 99, Issue 1
- 1-9 How ephedrine escaped regulation in the United States: A historical review of misuse and associated policy
by Palamar, Joseph
- 10-16 The opinion of adolescents and adults on Dutch restrictive and educational alcohol policy measures
by van der Sar, Rosalie & Brouwers, Evelien P.M. & van de Goor, Ien A.M. & Garretsen, Henk F.L.
- 17-22 Universal health care in Thailand: Concerns among the health care workforce
by Thoresen, Stian H. & Fielding, Angela
- 23-36 Socio-economic determinants of mortality in Taiwan: Combining individual and aggregate data
by Leon-Gonzalez, Roberto & Tseng, Fu Min
- 37-43 An evaluation of the policy on community health organizations in China: Will the priority of new healthcare reform in China be a success?
by Wang, Hufeng & Gusmano, Michael K. & Cao, Qi
- 44-51 Changing patient consultation patterns in primary care: an investigation of uptake of the Minor Ailments Service in Scotland
by Wagner, Andrew & Noyce, Peter R. & Ashcroft, Darren M.
- 52-59 Are breast cancer navigation programs cost-effective? Evidence from the Chicago Cancer Navigation Project
by Markossian, Talar W. & Calhoun, Elizabeth A.
- 60-65 Patients' attitudes towards generic drug substitution in Japan
by Kobayashi, Eriko & Karigome, Hiroshi & Sakurada, Tomoya & Satoh, Nobunori & Ueda, Shiro
- 66-71 Assessing the causes inducing lengthening of hospital stays by means of the Appropriateness Evaluation Protocol
by Fontaine, Pierre & Jacques, Jessica & Gillain, Daniel & Sermeus, Walter & Kolh, Philippe & Gillet, Pierre
- 72-82 Improving children's healthcare through state health insurance programs: An emerging need
by Chen, Chia-Ching & Yamada, Tetsuji & Smith, John & Chiu, I-Ming
- 83-89 Potential primary health care savings for chronic disease care associated with Australian Aboriginal involvement in land management
by Campbell, David & Burgess, Christopher Paul & Garnett, Stephen Thomas & Wakerman, John
2010, Volume 98, Issue 2-3
- 91-97 Evaluating health systems' preparedness for emerging infectious diseases: A novel conceptual and analytic framework
by Krumkamp, Ralf & Mounier-Jack, Sandra & Ahmad, Amena & Reintjes, Ralf & Coker, Richard
- 98-106 Life sustaining treatment at end-of-life in Japan: Do the perspectives of the general public reflect those of the bereaved of patients who had died in hospitals?
by Ikegami, Naoki & Ikezaki, Sumie
- 107-113 Factors associated with the implementation of quality and safety requirements for cross-border care in acute myocardial infarction: Results from 315 hospitals in four countries
by Groene, Oliver & Suñol, Rosa
- 114-120 Socio-economic inequalities in child survival in India: A decomposition analysis
by Pradhan, Jalandhar & Arokiasamy, Perianayagam
- 121-130 Sibling caregiving among children orphaned by AIDS: Synthesis of recent studies for policy implications
by Yanagisawa, Satoko & Poudel, Krishna C. & Jimba, Masamine
- 131-143 Effect of a French experiment of team work between general practitioners and nurses on efficacy and cost of type 2 diabetes patients care
by Mousquès, Julien & Bourgueil, Yann & Le Fur, Philippe & Yilmaz, Engin
- 144-155 Job tenure and self-reported workplace discrimination for cancer survivors 2 years after diagnosis: Does employment legislation matter?
by Paraponaris, Alain & Teyssier, Luis Sagaon & Ventelou, Bruno
- 156-163 The effects of integrated inpatient health care on patient satisfaction and health-related quality of life: Results of a survey among heart disease patients in Germany
by Nickel, Stefan & Thiedemann, Birgit & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf
- 164-170 The potential of legislation on organ donation to increase the supply of donor organs
by Coppen, Remco & Friele, Roland D. & van der Zee, Jouke & Gevers, Sjef K.
- 171-177 Impact of medical travel on imports and exports of medical services
by Johnson, Tricia J. & Garman, Andrew N.
- 178-185 Health policy processes in Vietnam: A comparison of three maternal health case studies
by Ha, Bui Thi Thu & Green, Andrew & Gerein, Nancy & Danielsen, Katrine
- 186-194 Do generic firms and the Spanish public purchaser respond to consumer price differences of generics under reference pricing?
by Puig-Junoy, Jaume & Moreno-Torres, Iván
- 195-202 Manifestations of tuberculosis stigma within the healthcare system: The case of Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolitan district in Ghana
by Dodor, Emmanuel Atsu & Kelly, Shona J.
- 203-217 Does the way physicians are paid influence the way they practice? The case of Canadian family physicians' work activity
by Sarma, Sisira & Devlin, Rose Anne & Belhadji, Bachir & Thind, Amardeep
- 218-226 Guiding the process of health technology disinvestment
by Ibargoyen-Roteta, Nora & Gutiérrez-Ibarluzea, Iñaki & Asua, José
- 227-235 Determinants of the use of different types of health care provider in urban China: A tracer illness study of URTI
by Qian, Dongfu & Lucas, Henry & Chen, Jiaying & Xu, Ling & Zhang, Yaoguang
- 236-244 Specialty choice and physicians' career paths in Japan: An analysis of National Physician Survey data from 1996 to 2006
by Koike, Soichi & Matsumoto, Shinya & Kodama, Tomoko & Ide, Hiroo & Yasunaga, Hideo & Imamura, Tomoaki
- 245-255 A randomized experiment of issue framing and voter support of tax increases for health insurance expansion
by Rodriguez, Hector P. & Laugesen, Miriam J. & Watts, Carolyn A.
- 256-262 Advance directives for euthanasia in dementia: Do law-based opportunities lead to more euthanasia?
by de Boer, Marike E. & Dröes, Rose-Marie & Jonker, Cees & Eefsting, Jan A. & Hertogh, Cees M.P.M.
- 263-269 Determinants of suicides in Denmark: Evidence from time series data
by Andrés, Antonio R. & Halicioglu, Ferda
2010, Volume 98, Issue 1
- 1-2 Risk equalisation in voluntary health insurance markets
by Armstrong, John & Paolucci, Francesco & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M.
- 3-14 Risk equalisation and voluntary health insurance markets: The case of Australia
by Connelly, Luke B. & Paolucci, Francesco & Butler, James R.G. & Collins, Paul
- 15-26 Risk equalisation and voluntary health insurance markets: The case of Ireland
by Armstrong, John
- 27-38 Risk equalisation and voluntary health insurance: The South Africa experience
by McLeod, Heather & Grobler, Pieter
- 39-49 Risk equalisation in voluntary health insurance markets: A three country comparison
by Armstrong, John & Paolucci, Francesco & McLeod, Heather & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M.
- 50-57 Health insurance and use of alternative medicine in Mexico
by van Gameren, Edwin
- 58-64 An assessment of the implementation of the Health Care Funds for the Poor policy in rural Vietnam
by Thanh, Nguyen Xuan & Löfgren, Curt & Phuc, Ho Dang & Chuc, Nguyen Thi Kim & Lindholm, Lars
- 65-73 Hospital competition and patient-perceived quality of care: Evidence from a single-payer system in Taiwan
by Chen, Chi-Chen & Cheng, Shou-Hsia
- 74-80 Does case-mix based reimbursement stimulate the development of process-oriented care delivery?
by Vos, Leti & Dückers, Michel L.A. & Wagner, Cordula & van Merode, Godefridus G.
- 81-90 Inequity in a market-based health system: Evidence from Canada's dental sector
by Grignon, Michel & Hurley, Jeremiah & Wang, Li & Allin, Sara
2010, Volume 97, Issue 2-3
- 93-104 Evidence-based practices in addiction treatment: Review and recommendations for public policy
by Glasner-Edwards, Suzette & Rawson, Richard
- 105-112 Unravelling the concept of consumer preference: Implications for health policy and optimal planning in primary care
by Foster, Michele M. & Earl, Peter E. & Haines, Terry P. & Mitchell, Geoffrey K.
- 113-121 An integrated health and social care organisation in Sweden: Creation and structure of a unique local public health and social care system
by Øvretveit, John & Hansson, Johan & Brommels, Mats
- 122-129 Patterns in the use of benzodiazepines in British Columbia: Examining the impact of increasing research and guideline cautions against long-term use
by Cunningham, Colleen M. & Hanley, Gillian E. & Morgan, Steve
- 130-135 Assessment of the impact of market regulation in Mali on the price of essential medicines provided through the private sector
by Maïga, Diadié & Williams-Jones, Bryn
- 136-144 State-level tobacco control policies and youth smoking cessation measures
by Tworek, Cindy & Yamaguchi, Ryoko & Kloska, Deborah D. & Emery, Sherry & Barker, Dianne C. & Giovino, Gary A. & O'Malley, Patrick M. & Chaloupka, Frank J.
- 145-151 Healthcare reform: Maternity service provision in Ireland
by Kennedy, Patricia
- 152-159 Working conditions of nurses and absenteeism: Is there a relationship? An empirical analysis using National Survey of the Work and Health of Nurses
by Rajbhandary, Sameer & Basu, Kisalaya
- 160-165 Attitudes of health care professionals, relatives of advanced cancer patients and public towards euthanasia and physician assisted suicide
by Parpa, Efi & Mystakidou, Kyriaki & Tsilika, Eleni & Sakkas, Pavlos & Patiraki, Elisabeth & Pistevou-Gombaki, Kyriaki & Govina, Ourania & Panagiotou, Irene & Galanos, Antonis & Gouliamos, Athanasios
- 166-172 Judgment of unbearable suffering and willingness to grant a euthanasia request by Dutch general practitioners
by van Tol, Donald & Rietjens, Judith & van der Heide, Agnes
- 173-179 A comparative study of European rare disease and orphan drug markets
by Denis, Alain & Mergaert, Lut & Fostier, Christel & Cleemput, Irina & Simoens, Steven
- 180-186 Obesity, smoking, and cigarette taxes: Evidence from the Canadian Community Health Surveys
by Sen, Anindya & Entezarkheir, Mahdiyeh & Wilson, Alan
- 187-194 Inadequate pre-antiretroviral care, stock-out of antiretroviral drugs and stigma: Policy challenges/bottlenecks to the new WHO recommendations for earlier initiation of antiretroviral therapy (CDÂ
by Muhamadi, Lubega & Nsabagasani, Xavier & Tumwesigye, Mbona Nazarius & Wabwire-Mangen, Fred & Ekström, Anna-Mia & Peterson, Stefan & Pariyo, George
- 195-201 Determinants of parental support for governmental alcohol control policies
by Van Hoof, Joris J. & Gosselt, Jordy F. & de Jong, Menno D.T.
- 202-208 IVF policies with emphasis on Israeli practices
by Simonstein, Frida
- 209-216 Community and health system factors associated with facility delivery in rural Tanzania: A multilevel analysis
by Kruk, Margaret E. & Rockers, Peter C. & Mbaruku, Godfrey & Paczkowski, Magdalena M. & Galea, Sandro
- 217-224 Explaining the demand for pharmaceuticals in Spain: Are there differences in drug consumption between foreigners and the Spanish population?
by Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina
- 225-231 A patient mobility framework that travels: European and United States-Mexican comparisons
by Laugesen, Miriam J. & Vargas-Bustamante, Arturo
- 232-237 Staff attrition among community health workers in home-based care programmes for people living with HIV and AIDS in western Kenya
by Olang'o, Charles Omondi & Nyamongo, Isaac K. & Aagaard-Hansen, Jens
- 238-249 A policy to promote influenza vaccination: A behavioral economic approach
by Tsutsui, Yoshiro & Benzion, Uri & Shahrabani, Shosh & Din, Gregory Yom
- 250-258 How much of the income inequality effect can be explained by public policy? Evidence from oral health in Brazil
by Celeste, Roger Keller & Nadanovsky, Paulo
- 259-266 Self-rated health status transition and long-term care need, of the oldest Chinese
by Peng, Rong & Ling, Li & He, Qun
- 267-274 Using micro-simulation to create a synthesised data set and test policy options: The case of health service effects under demographic ageing
by Davis, Peter & Lay-Yee, Roy & Pearson, Janet
2010, Volume 97, Issue 1
- 1-7 The evolution of smoke-free spaces policy literature: A bibliometric analysis
by Nykiforuk, Candace I.J. & Osler, Gillian E. & Viehbeck, Sarah
- 8-15 Pharmaceutical supply chain in China: Current issues and implications for health system reform
by Yu, Xuan & Li, Cheng & Shi, Yuhua & Yu, Min
- 16-25 Differential effects of out-of-home day care in improving child nutrition and augmenting maternal income among those with and without childcare support: A prospective before-after comparison study in Pokhara, Nepal
by Nakahara, Shinji & Poudel, Krishna C. & Lopchan, Milan & Poudel, Om Raj & Poudel-Tandukar, Kalpana & Ichikawa, Masao
- 26-31 "It is more than the issue of taking tablets": The interplay between migration policies and TB control in Sweden
by Kulane, Asli & Ahlberg, Beth M. & Berggren, Ingela
- 32-37 Attitudes towards mandatory national premarital screening for hereditary hemolytic disorders
by Al-Aama, Jumana Y.
- 38-43 A report card on the physician work force: Israeli health care market--Past experience and future prospects
by Toker, Asaf & Shvarts, Shifra & Glick, Shimon & Reuveni, Haim
- 44-52 Making sense of delays in outpatient specialty care: A system perspective
by Rouppe van der Voort, Marc (MBV) & van Merode, Frits (GG) & Berden, Bart (HJJM)
- 53-61 Patterns of health care use and expenditure during the last 6 months of life in Belgium: Differences between age categories in cancer and non-cancer patients
by Gielen, Birgit & Remacle, Anne & Mertens, Raf
- 62-70 Applying upstream interventions for interpersonal violence prevention: An uphill struggle in low- to middle-income contexts
by Matzopoulos, Richard & Bowman, Brett & Mathews, Shanaaz & Myers, Jonny
- 71-78 The discrepancy in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) medications diffusion: 1994-2003--A global pharmaceutical data analysis
by Lang, Hui-Chu & Scheffler, Richard M. & Hu, Teh-wei
- 79-86 The differential effects of full-time and part-time work status on breastfeeding
by Mandal, Bidisha & Roe, Brian Eric & Fein, Sara Beck
- 87-91 Patient safety features are more present in larger primary care practices
by Gaal, Sander & van den Hombergh, Pieter & Verstappen, Wim & Wensing, Michel
2010, Volume 96, Issue 3
- 179-190 Linking payment to health outcomes: A taxonomy and examination of performance-based reimbursement schemes between healthcare payers and manufacturers
by Carlson, Josh J. & Sullivan, Sean D. & Garrison, Louis P. & Neumann, Peter J. & Veenstra, David L.
- 191-199 Managing diabetes-related costs and quality of life issues: Value of insulin analogs and pens for inpatient use
by Cornell, Susan
- 200-209 Translating knowledge into policy and action to promote health equity: The Health Equity Fund policy process in Cambodia 2000-2008
by Ir, Por & Bigdeli, Maryam & Meessen, Bruno & Van Damme, Wim
- 210-216 Preference for private hospital-based maternity services in inner-city Lagos, Nigeria: An observational study
by Olusanya, Bolajoko O. & Roberts, Alero A. & Olufunlayo, Tolulope F. & Inem, Victor A.
- 217-225 Long-term care in Israel: Challenges and reform options
by Chernichovsky, Dov & Koreh, Michal & Soffer, Sharon & Avrami, Shirley
- 226-230 Determinants of childhood burns in rural Bangladesh: A nested case-control study
by Mashreky, Saidur R. & Rahman, Aminur & Khan, Tabassum F. & Svanström, Leif & Rahman, Fazlur
- 231-238 Assessing the impact of state insurance policies on chlamydia screening: A panel data analysis
by Owusu-Edusei Jr., Kwame & Gift, Thomas L.
- 239-244 Self-employment, specialty choice, and geographical distribution of physicians in Japan: A comparison with the United States
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Bowman, Robert & Kajii, Eiji
- 245-254 Priority setting in practice: Participants opinions on vertical and horizontal priority setting for reallocation
by Waldau, Susanne & Lindholm, Lars & Wiechel, Anna Helena
- 255-261 Geographical distributions of physicians in Japan and US: Impact of healthcare system on physician dispersal pattern
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Bowman, Robert & Noguchi, Satomi & Toyokawa, Satoshi & Kajii, Eiji
- 262-264 Multi-criteria decision analysis to prioritize health interventions: Capitalizing on first experiences
by Baltussen, Rob & Youngkong, Sitapon & Paolucci, Francesco & Niessen, Louis
2010, Volume 96, Issue 2
- 91-97 Competition and integration in Swedish health care
by Ahgren, Bengt
- 98-107 Vouchers as demand side financing instruments for health care: A review of the Bangladesh maternal voucher scheme
by Schmidt, Jean-Olivier & Ensor, Tim & Hossain, Atia & Khan, Salam
- 108-117 Evaluation of policies to support drug development in New Zealand
by Lockhart, Michelle & Babar, Zaheer Ud-Din & Garg, Sanjay
- 118-127 Structure and management of tuberculosis control programs in fragile states--Afghanistan, DR Congo, Haiti, Somalia
by Mauch, Verena & Weil, Diana & Munim, Aayid & Boillot, Francois & Coninx, Rudi & Huseynova, Sevil & Powell, Clydette & Seita, Akihiro & Wembanyama, Henriette & van den Hof, Susan
- 128-133 National implementation of Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI): Policy constraints and strategies
by Ahmed, Haitham M. & Mitchell, Marc & Hedt, Bethany
- 134-142 Pandemic planning in pediatric care: A website policy review and national survey data
by Nicholas, David & Patershuk, Clare & Koller, Donna & Bruce-Barrett, Cindy & Lach, Lucy & Zlotnik Shaul, Randi & Matlow, Anne
- 143-153 Public policy and the dependency of nursing home residents in Australia: 1968-69 to 2006-07
by Gargett, Susan
- 154-159 Global immunization policy making processes
by Bryson, Maggie & Duclos, Philippe & Jolly, Ann
- 160-169 Do we have primary health care reform? The story of the Republic of Serbia
by Simic, Snezana & Milicevic, Milena Santric & Matejic, Bojana & Marinkovic, Jelena & Adams, Orvill
- 170-177 The clinical and economic burden of non-adherence with oral bisphosphonates in osteoporotic patients
by Hiligsmann, Mickaël & Rabenda, Véronique & Bruyère, Olivier & Reginster, Jean-Yves
2010, Volume 96, Issue 1
- 1-6 A canary in the coal mine: Documenting citizenship and identity in the State of Massachusetts
by Kwong, Richard M. & Miller, Edward Alan
- 7-12 Changes in clinical practice and patient disposition following the introduction of point-of-care testing in a rural hospital
by Blattner, Katharina & Nixon, Garry & Dovey, Susan & Jaye, Chrystal & Wigglesworth, John
- 13-19 Attitudes of stakeholders and policymakers in the healthcare system towards the provision of spiritual care in Israel
by Bentur, Netta & Resnitzky, Shirli & Sterne, Abram
- 20-27 Child psychiatry in the Finnish health care reform: National criteria for treatment access
by Kaukonen, Pälvi & Salmelin, Raili K. & Luoma, Ilona & Puura, Kaija & Rutanen, Mervi & Pukuri, Tarja & Tamminen, Tuula
- 28-35 Trends and costs of overtime among nurses in Canada
by Drebit, Sharla & Ngan, Karen & Hay, Mande & Alamgir, Hasanat
- 36-44 'Opting-in or opting-out?'--The views of the UK's faith leaders in relation to organ donation
by Randhawa, Gurch & Brocklehurst, Anna & Pateman, Ruth & Kinsella, Suzannah & Parry, Vivienne
- 45-50 Coping with the challenges of living in an Indonesian residential institution
by Wanat, Stanley & Whisnant, Jill & Reicherter, Daryn & Solvason, Brent & Juul, Sarah & Penrose, Brian & Koopman, Cheryl
- 51-56 Financial incentives in the German Statutory Health Insurance: New findings, new questions
by Stock, Stephanie & Schmidt, Harald & Büscher, Guido & Gerber, Andreas & Drabik, Anna & Graf, Christian & Lüngen, Markus & Stollenwerk, Björn
- 57-63 The public's perspectives on advance directives: Implications for state legislative and regulatory policy
by Pollack, Keshia M. & Morhaim, Dan & Williams, Michael A.
- 64-71 Public hospital management in times of crisis: Lessons learned from Cienfuegos, Cuba (1996-2008)
by De Vos, Pol & Orduñez-García, Pedro & Santos-Peña, Moisés & Van der Stuyft, Patrick
- 72-79 Informal payments for healthcare: Differences in expenditures from consumers and providers perspectives for treatment of malaria in Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Dike, Nkem & Uzochukwu, Benjamin & Ezeoke, Ogochukwu
- 80-89 Hospital management training and improvement in managerial skills: Serbian experience
by Supic, Zorica Terzic & Bjegovic, Vesna & Marinkovic, Jelena & Milicevic, Milena Santric & Vasic, Vladimir
2010, Volume 95, Issue 2-3
- 95-102 An approach to health system strengthening in the Union of Myanmar
by Tin, Nilar & Lwin, Saw & Kyaing, Nyo Nyo & Htay, Thein Thein & Grundy, John & Skold, Margareta & O'Connell, Thomas & Nirupam, Siddharth
- 103-112 Purchasing health services abroad: Practices of cross-border contracting and patient mobility in six European countries
by Glinos, Irene A. & Baeten, Rita & Maarse, Hans
- 113-121 Evaluating the policy of setting up microscopy centres at township hospitals in Shandong China: Experience from patients and providers
by Wei, Xiaolin & Li, Renzhong & Zou, Guanyang & Walley, John & Newell, James & Liu, Zhimin