Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Mia Defever
Editor: Irina Cleemput
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier) or ()
Series handle: repec:eee:hepoli
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1989, Volume 12, Issue 1-2
- 69-91 The input data for prevent
by Gunning-Schepers, Louise
- 151-200 Some results of the model
by Gunning-Schepers, Louise
1989, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 209-226 Medicaid eligibility, benefits, and provider payment: state preferences and implications for national goals
by Reutzel, Thomas J.
- 227-231 Modifications of sexual behaviour related to aids: a survey in Paris region
by Moatti, J. P. & Dab, W. & Abenhaim, L. & Bastide, S.
- 233-238 Changes in Dutch tobacco production since World War II: implications for an anti-smoking policy
by van Reek, Jan & Hagen, Hans & Adriaanse, Hans & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 239-241 Post-marketing drug safety monitoring
by Clark-Nieuwland, K. & Dehaen, F. & Teirlynck, O.
- 243-255 Political decision-making in health care: the Dutch case
by Elsinga, E.
- 257-276 Hospital budgeting in Holland: aspects, trends and effects
by Maarse, J. A. M.
- 277-278 New medical devices. Invention, development and use : by K. Ekelman (ed.) National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1988 186 pp., ISBN 0-309-03846-4, [pound sign]21.10)
by Banta, D.
- 278-279 The business of medicine: Private health care in Britain : by J. Higgins MacMillan Education Press, London, 1988 260 pp
by Saltman, R.
- 280-281 Strategic management of human resources in health services organizations : by M. Fottler, S. Hernandez and C. Joiner (eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., New York, 1988 454 pp., ISBN 0-471-83889-6, [pound sign]27.50
by Hall, T.
- 281-284 Socioeconomic evaluation of drug therapy : by W. van Eimmeren and B. Horrisberger (eds.) Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988 244 pp., ISBN 3-540-18662-X, DM 79.00
by Carrin, G.
1989, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 101-104 Foreword
by de Lissovoy, Gregory
- 105-113 Conceptual issues in assessing the economic effects of the HIV epidemic
by Pascal, Anthony
- 115-124 Current estimates of HIV prevalence and incidence: Sources and data
by Dondero, Timothy J.
- 125-145 Econometric issues in modeling the costs of AIDS
by Hay, Joel W.
- 147-168 AIDS cost modeling in the U.S.: A pragmatic approach
by Bilheimer, Linda
- 169-186 Guidelines for rapid estimation of the direct and indirect costs of HIV infection in a developing country
by Over, Mead & Bertozzi, Stefano & China, James
- 187-196 The evolution of AIDS economic research
by Bloom, David E. & Glied, Sherry
- 197-208 The cost of AIDS: An agenda for research
by Scitovsky, Anne A.
1989, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-17 Scenarios for the future development of accident mortality in The Netherlands
by van Beeck, E. F. & Mackenbach, J. P. & van Oortmarssen, G. J. & Barendregt, J. J. M. & Habbema, J. D. F. & van der Maas, P. J.
- 19-25 Clinical decision making and health care policy: what is the link?
by Mooney, Gavin & Loft, Anne
- 27-42 Impact of the rural reform on financing rural health services in China
by Young, Mary E.
- 43-55 Public competition versus mixed markets: an analytic comparison
by Saltman, Richard B. & von Otter, Casten
- 57-60 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Comments on the Second Opinion by Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Hodgson, Thomas A.
- 61-72 Evaluation of medical equipment on the basis of users' experiences and hazard registration
by Kolstad, Arnulf
- 73-77 Technology assessment - extending the scope of evaluation or fudging the issues?
by Jennett, Bryan
- 79-85 An introduction to Meta-Analysis
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 87-92 Factors influencing the implementation of technology assessment results in medical practice
by Gutzwiller, Felix & Chrzanowski, Richard S.
- 93-94 The beer sheva experiment : by S. Glick, L. Naggan and M. Prywes (eds.) Israel Journal of Medical Sciences, Jerusalem, Sept.-Oct. 1987 173 pp., $15.00
by Nooman, Z.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 215-216 Quality of life
by Engel, G. L. & Bergsma, J.
- 217-230 Quantitative issues in health-related quality of life assessment
by Aaronson, Neil K.
- 231-240 Research into quality of life: a qualitative approach in the evaluation of a liver transplant programme
by Tymstra, Tj. & Heyink, J. W. & Roorda, J. & Bijleveld, C. M. A. & Gips, C. H. & Slooff, M. J. H.
- 241-257 Role of quality of life in therapeutic strategies in brain tumors
by Koivukangas, Pirjo & Koivukangas, John
- 259-266 Life: quality, value and justice
by Harris, John
- 267-279 Quality of life: does measurement help?
by Bergsma, J. & Engel, G. L.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 123-135 Rural community hospital closure and health policy
by Mullner, Ross M. & Whiteis, David G.
- 137-141 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Reply to Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Behrens, Cornelia & Henke, Klaus-Dirk
- 143-154 DRGs U.K. style: a comparison of U.K. and U.S. policies for hospital cost containment and their implications for health status
by Birch, Stephen
- 155-176 The Swedish medical care programs: an interim assessment
by Pine, Leslie & Rosenqvist, Urban & Rosenthal, Marilynn M. & Shapiro, Francine
- 177-206 El Salvador's Ministry of Health, 1975-1986: a provisional performance assessment
by Fiedler, John L.
- 207-206 Health and deprivation. Inequality and the North : by P. Townsend, P. Phillimore and A. Beattie (eds.) Croom Helm Ltd, London, 1987 221 pp., ISBN 0-7099-4352-0, [pound sign]8.95
by Mackenbach, J. P.
- 208-206 Controversy about american hospitals. Funding, ownership and performance : by J.R. Hollingsworth and E.J. Hollingsworth American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, Washington D.C., 1987 160 pp., ISBN 0-8477-3637-6, $24.75
by Neumann, C. W.
- 209-210 Health, knowledge and the demand for medical care : by E.K. Van Doorslaer Van Gorcum, Assen, 1987 171 pp., ISBN 90-232-2335-7, Dfl. 29.00
by Zweifel, P.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-19 Treating AIDS: the economic issues
by Drummond, Michael & Davies, Linda
- 21-32 A change of direction in the Dutch health care system?
by Lapre, Ruud M.
- 33-39 A note on nutrition and economics
by Doessel, Darrel P.
- 41-56 The de-institutionalization of care of the elderly: some notes about implementation and outcome of a Swedish case-study
by Thorslund, Mats
- 57-63 Long-term institutional care or home care? What is the best solution for the Canton of Vaud?
by Bachelard, Bernard & Tinturier, Gerald
- 65-76 A three-tiered health system and its inherent cost inflation: the case of medical care inflation in Chile 1979-1983
by Scarpaci, Joseph L. & Bradham, Douglas D.
- 77-109 Undergraduate medical education in Indonesia and its relevance for the needs of primary health care services
by Blizard, Peter J.
- 115-116 Sante mon cher souci : By B. Majnoni-d'Itignano ed. Economica, Paris, 1987 130 pp., 25.00 FF
by Poullier, J. P.
- 116-117 Personal data protection in health and social services : By P. Pearce, P. Parsloe, H. Francis, A. Macara and D. Watson Croom Helm Ltd Publishers, London, 1988 134 pp., [pound sign]19.95
by Roger, F. H.
- 117-119 Medicaid and pediatric primary care : By J. Perloff, P. Kletke and K. Neckerman The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1988 190 pp., $33.00
by Young, M.
- 119-120 Technology assessment and new kidney stone treatment methods : by F. Kamper-Jorgensen, S. Challah and T. Folmer Andersen (eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1988 189 pp., [pound sign]25.00
by Banta, D.
- 120-121 Cost management for hospitals : by J. Nackel, G. Kis and P. Fenaroli Aspen Publishers Inc., Rockville, MD, 1987 263 pp
by Roger, F. H.
1988, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 239-122 Preface
by Dutreil, Christian
- 241-250 The aims and methods of technology assessment
by Glasser, Jay H.
- 251-265 Cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis of health services: the methodology and its application
by Griffiths, A.
- 267-276 Medical technology assessment: adequate questions, appropriate methods, valuable answers
by Glasser, Jay H. & Chrzanowski, Richard S.
- 277-284 Importance of databases for technology assessment
by Hansluwka, Harald & Chrzanowski, Richard S. & Gutzwiller, Felix & Paccaud, Fred
- 285-296 Study design for technology assessment: critical issues
by Chrzanowski, Richard S. & Paccaud, Fred
- 297-300 A perspective on ethical issues in technology assessment
by Reiser, Stanley J.
- 301-307 Skull radiography in head trauma: a successful case of technology assessment
by Racoveanu, N. T.
- 309-315 Economic considerations in technology assessment: the case of genetic disease
by Lairson, D. R. & Swint, J. M.
- 317-324 Technology assessment in health care: the U.S. perspective
by Perry, Seymour
- 325-330 Examples of the influence of evaluation on health policy
by Durieux, Pierre & Viens-Bitker, Catherine & Jolly, Dominique & Blum-Boisgard, Claudine
- 331-336 The implications of a national study of risk of anaesthesia
by Tiret, L. & Hatton, F. & Desmonts, J. M. & Vourc'h, G.
- 337-339 Technology assessment policy: top down or bottom up?
by Nobel, Joel J.
- 341-347 Technology assessment at the French National Centre for hospital equipment
by Stephan, Jean Claude
- 349-351 WHO concept on health technology assessment
by Johansen, Kirsten Staehr
1988, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 117-131 The impact of DRGs on the cost and quality of health care in the United States
by Davis, Carolyne K. & Rhodes, Deborah J.
- 157-165 DRGs as a basis for prospective payment
by Wiley, Miriam M.
- 167-175 Study of cost by type of diagnosis in Switzerland
by Patel, Mahesh & Mottaz, Alain & Blanc, Thierry & Schenker, Luc
- 177-192 Prospects for using DRGs in Swedish hospitals
by Hakansson, Stefan & Paulson, Eric & Kogeus, Kaj
- 193-204 DRGs and documentation: the information problem
by Roger, Francis H.
- 205-210 DRGs: evaluating the experience
by Jenkins, Linda
- 211-217 Concurrent clinical review: using microcomputer-based DRG-software
by Huertas-Portocarrero, D. & Perez Ruiz, P. & Serna Marmol, J. P.
- 227-229 Economic appraisal of health technology in the european community : by M.F. Drummond (Ed.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1987 265 pp., ISBN 0-19-261634-X, [pound sign]30.00
by Ghelijns, A. T.
- 229-231 Paying the hospital. The organization, dynamics and effects of differing financial arrangements : by W.A. Glaser Jossey-Bass Inc., San Francisco, 1987 483 pp., ISBN 1-55542-048-6, $45.00
by Wiley, M.
- 231-232 Medicare at maturity: Achievements, lessons and challenges : by R.G. Evans and G.L. Stoddart (Eds.) University of Calgary Press, Calgary Alberta, 1987 480 pp., ISBN 0-919813-35-6, $24.95
by Bas, M.
- 232-233 Measurement in health promotion and protection : by T. Abelin, Z.J. Brzezinski and V.D. Carstrairs (Eds.) WHO regional publications, Copenhagen, 1987 658 pp., ISBN 92-1113-0, Sw.fr. 80.00
by Hunt, S.
- 234-233 Malnutrition. What can be done? Lessons from world bank experience : by A. Berg the Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1987 139 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3553, $10.95
by Kigutha, H.
- 235-237 Radiation and health: The biological effects of low-level exposure to ionizing radiation : by R. Russell Jones and R. Southwood (Eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, Sussex, 1987 292 pp., ISBN 0-471-91674-9, [pound sign]19.95
by Passchier, W. F.
- 234-235 Vitamin a supplementation: Methodologies for field trials : by the National Research Council National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1987 91 pp
by Kigutha, H.
1988, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-8 Social perception of AIDS in the general public: a French study
by Moatti, J. P. & Manesse, L. & Le Gales, C. & Pages, J. P. & Fagnani, F.
- 9-24 Rising medical costs and the reform of Japan's health insurance system
by Fujii, Mitsuru & Reich, Michael R.
- 25-37 Training health services managers: improving health by more health economics?
by Leidl, Reiner
- 39-48 The cost of diabetes in France
by Triomphe, A. & Flori, Y. A. & Costagliola, D. & Eschwege, E.
- 49-58 Aging in the 21st century: projections, personal preferences, public policies - a consumer view
by Somers, Anne R.
- 59-74 Efficiency in the National Health Service: lessons from abroad
by Drummond, Michael & Maynard, Alan
- 75-89 Economic analysis of an immunosuppressive strategy in renal transplantation
by Schneider, T. & Fagnani, F. & Lanoe, J. L. & Hourmant, M. & Soulillou, J. P.
- 91-101 Cost-effectiveness prospects of picture archiving and communication systems
by Hindel, Robert & Preger, Walter
- 109-110 Medical care medical costs. The search for a health insurance policy : by R. Fein Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1986 240 pp., $22.95
by Ron, A.
- 110-111 DRGs and health care. The management of case mix : by M. Bardsley, J. Coles and L. Jenkins (eds.) Oxford University Press for King Edward's Hospital Fund for London, Oxford, 1987 244 pp., [pound sign]30.00
by Paccaud, F.
- 111-112 The demographics of physician supply: Trends and projections : by the Center for Health Policy Research American Medical Association, Chicago, 1987 i-ix, 1-62
by Mick, S. S.
- 113-114 Perspectives on health policy: Australia, New Zealand, United States : by M. Raffel and N. Raffel (eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, U.K., 1987 292 pp., [pound sign]27.50
by Liveris, M. & Boldy, D.
1987, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 247-249 Mental climate and the doctor-patient relationship
by Koizumi, Akira
- 251-264 An inquiry concerning future health care technology: Methods and general results
by David Banta, H. & Gelijns, Annetine C. & Griffioen, Jan & Graaff, Peter J.
- 265-276 Future health care applications resulting from progress in the neurosciences: The significance of neural plasticity research
by Gelijns, A. C. & Graaff, P. J. & Lopes da Silva, F. H. & Gispen, W. H.
- 277-281 Forecasting the future of medical technology: Implications for health policy
by Rigter, Henk
- 283-298 Management control in a publicly planned health system: A case study from Finland
by Saltman, Richard B.
- 299-315 Health expenditure by area in Finland -- An indicator of equity
by Sakari Haro, A.
- 317-323 Cost of illness studies: An aid to decision-making?
by Shiell, Alan & Gerard, Karen & Donaldson, Cam
- 325-338 Competition in health care markets and the development of alternative forms of service delivery
by Chirikos, Thomas N. & White, Stephen L.
- 339-346 Contribution of medical decision-making to consensus development conferences
by Klazinga, N. S. & Casparie, A. F. & van Everdingen, J. J. E.
- 347-354 Computing in clinical departments: Implications for the design of hospital information systems
by Wastell, D. G. & Acheson, E. J. & Cotter, L. & Schady, W. & Lucas, S. B. L. & Cronin, E.
- 359-362 Spectramap : by P.J. Lewi et al. Information Science Department, Janssen Research Foundation, 30 Turnhoutse Weg, 2340 Beerse, Belgium
by Thielemans, A. & Massart, D. L.
- 364-366 Health economics: Prospects for the future : by G. Teeling Smith (Ed.) Croom Helm, London, 1987 278 pp. [pound sign]27.50
by Schieber, G.
- 367-368 Prenatal screening, policies and values: The example of neural tube defects : by E.O. Nightingale and S.B. Meister (Eds.) Harvard University Press, Cambridge, 1987 93 pp. $13.25
by Orleans, M.
- 368-369 Human system responses to disaster : by T.E. Drabek Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1986 509 pp. DM 138.00
by Guha-Sapir, D.
- 369-370 Choices for health care: A practical introduction to the economics of health provision (2nd edn.) : by G.H. Mooney, E.M. Russell and R.D. Weir MacMillan Education, Houndmills Hampshire, 1986 179 pp. [pound sign]7.95
by Lapre, R. M.
- 370-371 Living with risk : by the British Medical Association John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester Sussex, 1987 179 pp. [pound sign]14.94
by Schwartz, F. W.
1987, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 149-151 Appropriate quality in health care
by Kissick, William L.
- 153-169 Cost containment in a statutory health insurance scheme by substitution of outpatient for inpatient care? The case of the Bavarian Contract
by John, Jurgen & Potthoff, Peter
- 171-181 The effect of economic constraints on the health care system in New Zealand
by Raffel, Marschall W. & Raffel, Norma K.
- 183-192 Towards a new health policy in Hungary
by Forgacs, Ivan & Kokeny, Michael
- 193-196 AIDS prevention: Is cost-benefit analysis appropriate?
by Lee, Philip R. & Moss, Andrew R.
- 197-206 Euthanasia, assistance to suicide and the law: Developments in the Netherlands
by Leenen, H. J. J.
- 207-225 Economic evaluation of six scenarios for the treatment of stones in the kidney and ureter by surgery or extra-corporeal shock wave lithotripsy
by Patel, M. S. & Blacklock, N. J. & Rao, P. N.
- 227-235 Cross-cultural variation in the weighting of health statements: A comparison of English and Swedish valuations
by Hunt, Sonja M. & Wiklund, Ingela
- 243-241 Confronting AIDS. Directions for public health, health care and research : by D. Baltimore and S. Wolff (Eds.) National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1986 374 pp. [pound sign]24.00
by Desmyter, J.
- 244-241 World Health Statistics Quarterly, volume 40, No. 1 : World Health Organization, Geneva, 1987 96 pp. Sw.fr. 21.00
by Kesteloot, H.
- 244-245 Environmental tobacco smoke. Measuring exposures and assessing health effects : by B. Hulka (Ed.) National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1986 337 pp. [pound sign]19.20
by Kesteloot, H.
1987, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-3 The public-private mix in health care
by Poullier, Jean-Pierre
- 5-12 Towards a new pluralism
by Klein, Rudolf
- 13-16 The changing public/private mix in health care
by Ron, Aviva
- 17-27 AIDS prevention in Japan and its cost benefit aspects
by Ohi, Gen & Kai, Ichiro & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Hasegawa, Tomonori & Takenaga, Nobuyuki & Takata, Syo & Takaku, Fumimaro & Yoshikura, Hiroshi & Yoshimura, Takesumi
- 33-38 Patients' rights in Europe
by Leenen, Henk J. J.
- 39-57 Essential drugs: economics and politics in international health
by Reich, Michael R.
- 59-67 Medical devices and safety in health care
by Roscam Abbing, H. D. C.
- 69-75 Technology assessment for countries at different stages of development
by Jennett, Bryan
- 77-93 General and specific factors in the explanation of regional variation of hospital admission rates: policy consequences for Belgium and the Netherlands
by van der Zee, J. & Groenewegen, P. P.
- 95-103 The implementation of a quality assurance programme in the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau in Barcelona
by Sunol, R. & Delgado, R. & Net, A. & Nolla, J. & Bohigas, LI.
- 105-136 International comparative research in health care. A study of the literature
by van Atteveld, Lettie & Broeders, Corine & Lapre, Ruud
- 141-139 Public health action in emergencies caused by epidemics : by P. Bres World Health Organization, Geneva, 1986 287 pp. Sw.fr.49
by Lechat, M.
- 142-143 Hospital information systems for case mix management : by L. Lichtig John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1986 313 pp. [pound sign]33.70
by Jenkins, L.
- 143-144 Political values and health care: The German experience : by D. Light and A. Schuller (Eds.) MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1986 605 pp. $60.75
by Beske, F.
- 144-145 Smoking out the barons: The campaign against the tobacco industry : A report of the British Medical Association John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, Sussex, 1986 192 pp. [pound sign]6.95
by Danzon, M. & White, P.
1987, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 295-296 Research and policy formulation
by Davis, Karen
- 297-307 Are there health risks in using risking systems? the case of perinatal risk assessment
by Orleans, Miriam & Haverkamp, Albert D.
- 309-324 Economic evaluation and the rational diffusion and use of health technology
by Drummond, Michael F.
- 325-338 Alcohol policies fin de siecle
by Sulkunen, Pekka
- 339-344 Hospitalization of infants
by Reif, Yaffa Machnes
- 345-359 The cost of saving a life through cervical cytology screening: implications for health policy
by Charny, M. C. & Farrow, S. C. & Roberts, C. J.
- 361-368 Smoking policy in the Netherlands since the fifties: One factor in the social dynamics of changes in smoking behaviour
by van Reek, Jan & Adriaanse, Hans
- 369-371 Health needs in a London district
by Mays, Nicholas B.
- 377-375 Safety measures for use in outbreaks of communicable disease : Prepared by Donald J. Dunsmore World Health Organisation, Geneva, 1986 VIII + 98 pp. Sw.fr. 17.00
by Reybrouck, G.
- 379-381 Managing the medical enterprise: A study of physician managers : by C. Betson UMI Research Press, Ann Arbor, 1986 191 pp., [pound sign] 43.25
by Kindig, David A.
- 381-382 Health: The foundations for achievement : by D. Seedhouse 104 pp. [pound sign] 5.96
by Davies, C.
- 377-379 `What are my chances doctor?' A review of clinical risks : by B. O'Brien Office of Health Economics, London, 1986 43 pp., [pound sign] 1.50
by Charny, M.
1987, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 109-114 Economic incentives in the health care industry: Implications for health policy making
by Nonneman, W. & Van Doorslaer, E.
- 115-134 Public health insurance: the collective purchase of individual care
by Evans, Robert G.
- 135-148 Market strategies for publicly financed health care systems
by Rutten, Frans F. H.
- 149-162 In search of economic rationality: the experience of the Polish National Health Service
by Wlodarczyk, W. Cezary
- 163-173 Competitive health plans and alternative payment arrangements for physicians in the United States: public sector examples
by Freund, Deborah A.
- 175-188 Incentives for cost-effective behavior: a Dutch experience
by Groot, L. M. J.
- 189-204 Incentives for cost-effective physician behaviour
by Maynard, Alan
- 205-213 Stimulating cost effective behavior in hospitals
by Neuhauser, Duncan
- 215-226 Combining clinical budgets and DRGs for quality management
by Wickings, Iden
- 227-239 Rules and incentives for hospitals: the Belgian financing system
by De Cooman, Eric & Marchand, Maurice
- 241-251 The U.S. health care economy: from guild to market in ten years
by Enthoven, Alain C.
- 253-272 The key role of health insurance in a cost-effective health care system Towards regulated competition in the Dutch medical market
by van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 273-288 Bonus systems in health insurance: a microeconomic analysis
by Zweifel, Peter
1987, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-2 The importance of vital statistics
by Hyock Kwon, E.
- 3-12 Financing graduate medical education and biomedical research: Whose responsibility?
by Anderson, Gerard F. & Lave, Judith R.
- 13-19 AIDS: Screening of possible carriers and human rights
by Gevers, J. K. M.
- 21-40 Re-vitalizing public health care systems: A proposal for public competition in Sweden
by Saltman, Richard B. & von Otter, Casten
- 41-48 Increase in life expectancy at birth in Japan: Some implications for variable patterns of decrease in mortality
by Masaki, Motofumi & Koizumi, Akira
- 49-56 The economics of prevention: A critique
by Shephard, Roy J.
- 57-59 The economics of prevention: Reply to Roy Shephard
by Russell, Louise B.
- 61-72 Cost-benefit analysis: Dealing with the problems of indivisible projects and fixed budgets
by Birch, Stephen & Donaldson, Cam
- 73-94 Drug prescribing: A discussion of its variability and (ir)rationality
by Carrin, Guy
- 101-102 CMF-CRED: Analyzing 1950-1985 health expenditures in France : by Jean-Marc Buhler, Jacques Harrouin and Simone Sandier, CREDES, 1 rue Paul Cezanne, 75008 Paris, France. Tel. 33 (1) 42 25 00 38
by Sandier, Mme Simone
- 103-105 Diet and human carcinogenesis : by J.V. Joossens, M. Hill and J. Geboers Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, 1985 343 pp
by Kroes, R.
- 105-105 The social history of occupational health : by P. Wendling Croom Helm Ltd., Kent, 1985 267 pp., [pound sign]17.95
by Lahaye, D.
- 106-108 Nutrition and development : by M. Biswas and P. Pinstrup-Andersen Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1985 190 pp. [pound sign]15.00
by Reich, M.
1986, Volume 6, Issue 4
- 311-309 Editorial
by Blanpain, Jan E.
- 313-320 Health care financing in the Netherlands: recent changes and future options
by Rutten, Frans F. H. & Freens, ReneJ. M.
- 321-328 Payment reform in the United States
by Anderson, Gerard F.
- 329-340 Financing the U.K. national health services
by Maynard, Alan
- 341-351 A `concerted' approach to health care financing in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Henke, Klaus-Dirk
- 353-361 Hospital financing in Belgium: recent changes and future options
by Hermesse, Jean
- 363-372 Risk targetting: an approach to costcontainment
by Charny, M. C. & Farrow, S. C.
- 377-378 Comparative health systems. Descriptive analysis of fourteen national health systems : M.W. Raffel (ed.) Pennsylvania State University Press, University Park and London, 1985 600 pp
by Groot, L.
- 378-379 Is prevention better than cure? : by Louise Russell Costello Publ. Co, Kent, U.K. 160 pp., [pound sign] 28.00
by Evered, David C.
- 379-380 Irish medical care resources: an economic analysis : by Dale Tussing Economic and Social Research Institute, Dublin, 1985 353 pp., [pound sign] 12.50
by Berman, Philip C.
1986, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 221-226 Towards a European policy in health
by Asvall, J. E.
- 227-237 "Health for all by the year 2000": A mere slogan or a workable formula?
by Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 239-258 Evaluation of the European strategy for Health for All by the year 2000
by Asvall, J. E. & Jardell, J. -P. & Nanda, A.
- 259-267 The federal response to the AIDS epidemic
by Lee, Philip R. & Arno, Peter S.
- 269-278 Why are cadaveric renal transplants so hard to find in Japan? An analysis of economic and attitudinal aspects
by Ohi, Gen & Hasegawa, Tomonori & Kumano, Hiroyuki & Kai, Ichiro & Takenaga, Nobuyuki & Taguchi, Yoshio & Saito, Hiroshi & Ino, Tsunamasa
- 279-282 Socio-cultural dimensions of renal transplants in Japan
by Ohnuki-Tierney, Emiko
- 283-294 How can patient education contribute to improved health care under prospective pricing?
by Bartlett, Edward E.
- 299-300 Medicare policy. New directions for health and long-term care : by K. Davis and D. Rowland The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1986 137 pp., US$ 20.35
by Zweifel, Peter
- 301-303 Medical responsibility in Western Europe : Research study of the European Science Foundation by E. Deutsch and H.LO. Schreiber Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1985 187 pp., DM 248
by van Wymen, F. C. B.
- 303-306 Health, race and ethnicity : by T. Rathwell and D. Phillips Croom Helm Ltd., London, 1986 277 pp., [pound sign] 17.95
by Hunt, S.
- 306-307 The Swedish health services in the 1990's : The National Board of Health and Welfare, Stockholm, 1985 120 pp
by The Nordic School of Public Health
1986, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 115-117 The `avoidable death' guide to Europe
by Holland, Walter W.
- 119-143 The economic cost of illness in the Federal Republic of Germany in the year 1980
by Henke, Klaus-Dirk & Behrens, Cornelia S.