Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Mia Defever
Editor: Irina Cleemput
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask the person in charge to update the entry or send us the correct address.
Series handle: repec:eee:hepoli
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1989, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 189-198 The significance of contextual factors in valuing health states
by Nord, Erik
- 199-211 Improving primary health care through technological innovation
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack B. F.
- 213-224 AIDS and subjective risk assessment: A critical review
by O'Brien, Bernie J.
- 225-237 Local housing scheme and political preference as conditions for the results of a health centre-stimulating policy in The Netherlands
by Boerma, Wienke G. W.
- 239-249 No cure, no pay: an acceptable way of financing fertility treatments?
by Haan, Ger & Rutten, Frans
- 251-252 Preventing maternal deaths : By E. Royston and S. Armstrong, (eds.) World Health Organization, Geneva, 1989 233 pp., ISBN 92-4-156128-9, Sw.Fr. 40,-
by Wang, S.
- 252-253 Talking and listening to patients. A modern approach : By C. Fletcher and P. Freeling The Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust, London, 1988 68 pp., ISBN 0-900574-70-4
by Wilson, P. & Gerard, R.
- 253-254 Brookings dialogues on public policy. Toward a national policy on drug and aids testing : By M. Falco and W. Cikins (eds.) The Brookings Institution, Washington DC, 1989 81 pp., ISBN 0-8157-2733-X, $12.95
by Wilson, P.
1989, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 95-102 Cross-cultural use of socio-medical indicators with British Asians
by Ahmad, W. I. U. & Kernohan, E. E. M. & Baker, M. R.
- 103-108 Improved knowledge of diabetic patients through education of primary care staff
by Neumann, L. & Weitzman, S. & Gross, J.
- 109-113 Alcohol control policy in The Netherlands
by van Ginneken, Sandra & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 115-120 QALYs and justice
by Kawachi, Ichiro
- 121-133 Use of diagnosis related groups for hospital management
by Willems, Jos L. & Meurisse, Ann & Renkens, Stef & Vleugels, Arthur & Peers, Jan
- 135-144 Allocating resources to health care: rawp is dead - long live RAWP
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
- 145-157 Health care charges: lessons from the U.K
by Birch, Stephen
- 159-167 Number of sexual partners and use of condoms in the heterosexual population of Norway - relevance to HIV-infection
by Sundet, Jon Martin & Magnus, Per & Kvalem, Ingela Lundin & Gronnesby, Jon Ketil & Bakketeig, Leiv S.
- 169-170 Health care research in an HMO. Two decades of discovery : By M. Greenlick, D. Freeborn and C. Pope (eds.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1988 346 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3611-5, $52.00
by Gunning, L.
- 170-171 Health economics: Australian readings : By J. Butler and D. Doessel (eds.) Australian Professional Publications, Sydney, 1989 362 pp., ISBN 0-949416-15-0, AU$29.95
by Hall, J.
1989, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-17 Economic analysis of solid organ transplantation: a review for policy makers
by Krueger, Hans
- 19-34 The role of economics in the evaluation of hospice care
by Goddard, Maria
- 35-53 Improving efficiency in the dutch health care system: Current innovations and future options
by Kirkman-Liff, Bradford L. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 55-64 The district concept for primary health care planning: attempts at implementation in The Netherlands
by de Bakker, Dinny H.
- 65-79 Re-organizing primary medical care in Finland: The personal doctor program
by Vohlonen, Ilkka & Pekurinen, Markku & Saltman, Richard B.
- 81-83 The quality of QALYs (quality-adjusted-life-years): do QALYs measure what they at least intend to measure?
by Gafni, Amiram
- 85-86 Philosophy and medical welfare : by J. Bell and S. Mendus (eds.) The Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1989 129 pp., ISBN 0-521-36856-1, [pound sign]8.95
by Thung, P.
- 86-86 Healthy nutrition. Preventing nutrition-related diseases in Europe : by W. James in collaboration with A. Ferro-Luzzi, B. Isaksson and W. Szostak WHO Regional Publications, European Series No. 24, Copenhagen, 1988 150 pp., ISBN 92-890-1115-7, Sw.Fr.20.00
by Kesteloot, H.
- 87-87 Changing the public health : by the Research Unit in Health and Behavioural Change, University of Edinburgh (eds.) John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1989 199 pp., ISBN 0-471-91976-4, [pound sign]14.95
by Jain, S.
- 88-88 Preventive screening of adults. An evaluation of methods and programmes. Report of the select committee of experts of the council of Europe : by D. Griffiths and E. Ruitenberg Sainte-Ruffine, Maissonneuve, 1987 164 pp., ISBN 2-7160-0119-7
by Peto, R.
- 87-88 Health care economics : by P. Feldstein John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1988 634 pp., ISBN 0195-3907, [pound sign]21.65
by Rochaix, L.
1989, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 257-261 Paying physicians according to their resource-costs: The development of a Resource-Based Relative Value Scale
by Hsiao, William C. & Becker, Edmund R.
- 263-274 Price and health policy in Sweden--A critical review
by Rosen, Mans
- 275-284 The rising expenditure on antihypertensive drugs in New Zealand, 1981-1987
by Kawachi, Ichiro & Malcolm, Laurence A.
- 285-299 Decentralisation trends in the management of New Zealand's health services
by Malcolm, Laurence A.
- 301-307 Possibilities and problems in the development of home care technology
by van Beekum, Taeke & Banta, H. David
- 309-317 Cost of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in four diseases
by Viens-Bitker, Catherine & Fery-Lemonnier, Elisabeth & Blum-Boisgard, Claudine & Cordonnier, Catherine & Rochant, Henri & Fischer, A. & Griscelli, Claude & Gluckman, Eliane & Jolly, Dominique
- 319-320 The U.S. experiment in social medicine. The Community Health Center Program : By A. Sardell University of Pittsburgh Press, Pittsburgh, 1988 278 pp., ISBN 0-8229-3825-1, $14.95
by Gonzalez-Block, M.
- 321-320 Surgical care in the united states. A policy perspective : By M. Finkel (ed.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1989 210 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3638-7, $37.50
by Detmer, D.
- 322-320 Perinatal health services in Europe. Searching for better childbirth : By J. Phaff (ed.) Croom Helm Ltd., Kent, 1986 211 pp., [pound sign]19.95
by Torrado, A.
- 323-324 Theory and practice of managed competition in health care finance : by A. Enthoven Elsevier Science Publishers, BV, Amsterdam, 1988 162 pp., ISBN 0-444-703594, $65.75
by Elsinga, E.
- 324-325 Living after mental illness. Innovations in services : by C. Patmore (ed.) Croon Helm Ltd., London, 1987 296 pp., ISBN 0-7099-4085-8, [pound sign]10.95
by Hardie, M.
1989, Volume 12, Issue 1-2
- 15-19 The development of the model
by Gunning-Schepers, Louise
- 69-91 The input data for prevent
by Gunning-Schepers, Louise
- 151-200 Some results of the model
by Gunning-Schepers, Louise
1989, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 209-226 Medicaid eligibility, benefits, and provider payment: state preferences and implications for national goals
by Reutzel, Thomas J.
- 227-231 Modifications of sexual behaviour related to aids: a survey in Paris region
by Moatti, J. P. & Dab, W. & Abenhaim, L. & Bastide, S.
- 233-238 Changes in Dutch tobacco production since World War II: implications for an anti-smoking policy
by van Reek, Jan & Hagen, Hans & Adriaanse, Hans & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 239-241 Post-marketing drug safety monitoring
by Clark-Nieuwland, K. & Dehaen, F. & Teirlynck, O.
- 243-255 Political decision-making in health care: the Dutch case
by Elsinga, E.
- 257-276 Hospital budgeting in Holland: aspects, trends and effects
by Maarse, J. A. M.
- 277-278 New medical devices. Invention, development and use : by K. Ekelman (ed.) National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1988 186 pp., ISBN 0-309-03846-4, [pound sign]21.10)
by Banta, D.
- 278-279 The business of medicine: Private health care in Britain : by J. Higgins MacMillan Education Press, London, 1988 260 pp
by Saltman, R.
- 280-281 Strategic management of human resources in health services organizations : by M. Fottler, S. Hernandez and C. Joiner (eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., New York, 1988 454 pp., ISBN 0-471-83889-6, [pound sign]27.50
by Hall, T.
- 281-284 Socioeconomic evaluation of drug therapy : by W. van Eimmeren and B. Horrisberger (eds.) Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988 244 pp., ISBN 3-540-18662-X, DM 79.00
by Carrin, G.
1989, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 101-104 Foreword
by de Lissovoy, Gregory
- 105-113 Conceptual issues in assessing the economic effects of the HIV epidemic
by Pascal, Anthony
- 115-124 Current estimates of HIV prevalence and incidence: Sources and data
by Dondero, Timothy J.
- 125-145 Econometric issues in modeling the costs of AIDS
by Hay, Joel W.
- 147-168 AIDS cost modeling in the U.S.: A pragmatic approach
by Bilheimer, Linda
- 169-186 Guidelines for rapid estimation of the direct and indirect costs of HIV infection in a developing country
by Over, Mead & Bertozzi, Stefano & China, James
- 187-196 The evolution of AIDS economic research
by Bloom, David E. & Glied, Sherry
- 197-208 The cost of AIDS: An agenda for research
by Scitovsky, Anne A.
1989, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-17 Scenarios for the future development of accident mortality in The Netherlands
by van Beeck, E. F. & Mackenbach, J. P. & van Oortmarssen, G. J. & Barendregt, J. J. M. & Habbema, J. D. F. & van der Maas, P. J.
- 19-25 Clinical decision making and health care policy: what is the link?
by Mooney, Gavin & Loft, Anne
- 27-42 Impact of the rural reform on financing rural health services in China
by Young, Mary E.
- 43-55 Public competition versus mixed markets: an analytic comparison
by Saltman, Richard B. & von Otter, Casten
- 57-60 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Comments on the Second Opinion by Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Hodgson, Thomas A.
- 61-72 Evaluation of medical equipment on the basis of users' experiences and hazard registration
by Kolstad, Arnulf
- 73-77 Technology assessment - extending the scope of evaluation or fudging the issues?
by Jennett, Bryan
- 79-85 An introduction to Meta-Analysis
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 87-92 Factors influencing the implementation of technology assessment results in medical practice
by Gutzwiller, Felix & Chrzanowski, Richard S.
- 93-94 The beer sheva experiment : by S. Glick, L. Naggan and M. Prywes (eds.) Israel Journal of Medical Sciences, Jerusalem, Sept.-Oct. 1987 173 pp., $15.00
by Nooman, Z.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 215-216 Quality of life
by Engel, G. L. & Bergsma, J.
- 217-230 Quantitative issues in health-related quality of life assessment
by Aaronson, Neil K.
- 231-240 Research into quality of life: a qualitative approach in the evaluation of a liver transplant programme
by Tymstra, Tj. & Heyink, J. W. & Roorda, J. & Bijleveld, C. M. A. & Gips, C. H. & Slooff, M. J. H.
- 241-257 Role of quality of life in therapeutic strategies in brain tumors
by Koivukangas, Pirjo & Koivukangas, John
- 259-266 Life: quality, value and justice
by Harris, John
- 267-279 Quality of life: does measurement help?
by Bergsma, J. & Engel, G. L.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 123-135 Rural community hospital closure and health policy
by Mullner, Ross M. & Whiteis, David G.
- 137-141 Cost of illness studies: no aid to decision making? Reply to Shiell et al. (Health Policy, 8 (1987) 317-323)
by Behrens, Cornelia & Henke, Klaus-Dirk
- 143-154 DRGs U.K. style: a comparison of U.K. and U.S. policies for hospital cost containment and their implications for health status
by Birch, Stephen
- 155-176 The Swedish medical care programs: an interim assessment
by Pine, Leslie & Rosenqvist, Urban & Rosenthal, Marilynn M. & Shapiro, Francine
- 177-206 El Salvador's Ministry of Health, 1975-1986: a provisional performance assessment
by Fiedler, John L.
- 207-206 Health and deprivation. Inequality and the North : by P. Townsend, P. Phillimore and A. Beattie (eds.) Croom Helm Ltd, London, 1987 221 pp., ISBN 0-7099-4352-0, [pound sign]8.95
by Mackenbach, J. P.
- 208-206 Controversy about american hospitals. Funding, ownership and performance : by J.R. Hollingsworth and E.J. Hollingsworth American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research, Washington D.C., 1987 160 pp., ISBN 0-8477-3637-6, $24.75
by Neumann, C. W.
- 209-210 Health, knowledge and the demand for medical care : by E.K. Van Doorslaer Van Gorcum, Assen, 1987 171 pp., ISBN 90-232-2335-7, Dfl. 29.00
by Zweifel, P.
1988, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-19 Treating AIDS: the economic issues
by Drummond, Michael & Davies, Linda
- 21-32 A change of direction in the Dutch health care system?
by Lapre, Ruud M.
- 33-39 A note on nutrition and economics
by Doessel, Darrel P.
- 41-56 The de-institutionalization of care of the elderly: some notes about implementation and outcome of a Swedish case-study
by Thorslund, Mats
- 57-63 Long-term institutional care or home care? What is the best solution for the Canton of Vaud?
by Bachelard, Bernard & Tinturier, Gerald
- 65-76 A three-tiered health system and its inherent cost inflation: the case of medical care inflation in Chile 1979-1983
by Scarpaci, Joseph L. & Bradham, Douglas D.
- 77-109 Undergraduate medical education in Indonesia and its relevance for the needs of primary health care services
by Blizard, Peter J.
- 115-116 Sante mon cher souci : By B. Majnoni-d'Itignano ed. Economica, Paris, 1987 130 pp., 25.00 FF
by Poullier, J. P.
- 116-117 Personal data protection in health and social services : By P. Pearce, P. Parsloe, H. Francis, A. Macara and D. Watson Croom Helm Ltd Publishers, London, 1988 134 pp., [pound sign]19.95
by Roger, F. H.
- 117-119 Medicaid and pediatric primary care : By J. Perloff, P. Kletke and K. Neckerman The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1988 190 pp., $33.00
by Young, M.
- 119-120 Technology assessment and new kidney stone treatment methods : by F. Kamper-Jorgensen, S. Challah and T. Folmer Andersen (eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1988 189 pp., [pound sign]25.00
by Banta, D.
- 120-121 Cost management for hospitals : by J. Nackel, G. Kis and P. Fenaroli Aspen Publishers Inc., Rockville, MD, 1987 263 pp
by Roger, F. H.
1988, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 239-122 Preface
by Dutreil, Christian
- 241-250 The aims and methods of technology assessment
by Glasser, Jay H.
- 251-265 Cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis of health services: the methodology and its application
by Griffiths, A.
- 267-276 Medical technology assessment: adequate questions, appropriate methods, valuable answers
by Glasser, Jay H. & Chrzanowski, Richard S.
- 277-284 Importance of databases for technology assessment
by Hansluwka, Harald & Chrzanowski, Richard S. & Gutzwiller, Felix & Paccaud, Fred
- 285-296 Study design for technology assessment: critical issues
by Chrzanowski, Richard S. & Paccaud, Fred
- 297-300 A perspective on ethical issues in technology assessment
by Reiser, Stanley J.
- 301-307 Skull radiography in head trauma: a successful case of technology assessment
by Racoveanu, N. T.
- 309-315 Economic considerations in technology assessment: the case of genetic disease
by Lairson, D. R. & Swint, J. M.
- 317-324 Technology assessment in health care: the U.S. perspective
by Perry, Seymour
- 325-330 Examples of the influence of evaluation on health policy
by Durieux, Pierre & Viens-Bitker, Catherine & Jolly, Dominique & Blum-Boisgard, Claudine
- 331-336 The implications of a national study of risk of anaesthesia
by Tiret, L. & Hatton, F. & Desmonts, J. M. & Vourc'h, G.
- 337-339 Technology assessment policy: top down or bottom up?
by Nobel, Joel J.
- 341-347 Technology assessment at the French National Centre for hospital equipment
by Stephan, Jean Claude
- 349-351 WHO concept on health technology assessment
by Johansen, Kirsten Staehr
1988, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 117-131 The impact of DRGs on the cost and quality of health care in the United States
by Davis, Carolyne K. & Rhodes, Deborah J.
- 157-165 DRGs as a basis for prospective payment
by Wiley, Miriam M.
- 167-175 Study of cost by type of diagnosis in Switzerland
by Patel, Mahesh & Mottaz, Alain & Blanc, Thierry & Schenker, Luc
- 177-192 Prospects for using DRGs in Swedish hospitals
by Hakansson, Stefan & Paulson, Eric & Kogeus, Kaj
- 193-204 DRGs and documentation: the information problem
by Roger, Francis H.
- 205-210 DRGs: evaluating the experience
by Jenkins, Linda
- 211-217 Concurrent clinical review: using microcomputer-based DRG-software
by Huertas-Portocarrero, D. & Perez Ruiz, P. & Serna Marmol, J. P.
- 227-229 Economic appraisal of health technology in the european community : by M.F. Drummond (Ed.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1987 265 pp., ISBN 0-19-261634-X, [pound sign]30.00
by Ghelijns, A. T.
- 229-231 Paying the hospital. The organization, dynamics and effects of differing financial arrangements : by W.A. Glaser Jossey-Bass Inc., San Francisco, 1987 483 pp., ISBN 1-55542-048-6, $45.00
by Wiley, M.
- 231-232 Medicare at maturity: Achievements, lessons and challenges : by R.G. Evans and G.L. Stoddart (Eds.) University of Calgary Press, Calgary Alberta, 1987 480 pp., ISBN 0-919813-35-6, $24.95
by Bas, M.
- 232-233 Measurement in health promotion and protection : by T. Abelin, Z.J. Brzezinski and V.D. Carstrairs (Eds.) WHO regional publications, Copenhagen, 1987 658 pp., ISBN 92-1113-0, Sw.fr. 80.00
by Hunt, S.
- 234-233 Malnutrition. What can be done? Lessons from world bank experience : by A. Berg the Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1987 139 pp., ISBN 0-8018-3553, $10.95
by Kigutha, H.
- 235-237 Radiation and health: The biological effects of low-level exposure to ionizing radiation : by R. Russell Jones and R. Southwood (Eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, Sussex, 1987 292 pp., ISBN 0-471-91674-9, [pound sign]19.95
by Passchier, W. F.
- 234-235 Vitamin a supplementation: Methodologies for field trials : by the National Research Council National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1987 91 pp
by Kigutha, H.
1988, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-8 Social perception of AIDS in the general public: a French study
by Moatti, J. P. & Manesse, L. & Le Gales, C. & Pages, J. P. & Fagnani, F.
- 9-24 Rising medical costs and the reform of Japan's health insurance system
by Fujii, Mitsuru & Reich, Michael R.
- 25-37 Training health services managers: improving health by more health economics?
by Leidl, Reiner
- 39-48 The cost of diabetes in France
by Triomphe, A. & Flori, Y. A. & Costagliola, D. & Eschwege, E.
- 49-58 Aging in the 21st century: projections, personal preferences, public policies - a consumer view
by Somers, Anne R.
- 59-74 Efficiency in the National Health Service: lessons from abroad
by Drummond, Michael & Maynard, Alan
- 75-89 Economic analysis of an immunosuppressive strategy in renal transplantation
by Schneider, T. & Fagnani, F. & Lanoe, J. L. & Hourmant, M. & Soulillou, J. P.
- 91-101 Cost-effectiveness prospects of picture archiving and communication systems
by Hindel, Robert & Preger, Walter
- 109-110 Medical care medical costs. The search for a health insurance policy : by R. Fein Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1986 240 pp., $22.95
by Ron, A.
- 110-111 DRGs and health care. The management of case mix : by M. Bardsley, J. Coles and L. Jenkins (eds.) Oxford University Press for King Edward's Hospital Fund for London, Oxford, 1987 244 pp., [pound sign]30.00
by Paccaud, F.
- 111-112 The demographics of physician supply: Trends and projections : by the Center for Health Policy Research American Medical Association, Chicago, 1987 i-ix, 1-62
by Mick, S. S.
- 113-114 Perspectives on health policy: Australia, New Zealand, United States : by M. Raffel and N. Raffel (eds.) John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, U.K., 1987 292 pp., [pound sign]27.50
by Liveris, M. & Boldy, D.
1987, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 247-249 Mental climate and the doctor-patient relationship
by Koizumi, Akira
- 251-264 An inquiry concerning future health care technology: Methods and general results
by David Banta, H. & Gelijns, Annetine C. & Griffioen, Jan & Graaff, Peter J.
- 265-276 Future health care applications resulting from progress in the neurosciences: The significance of neural plasticity research
by Gelijns, A. C. & Graaff, P. J. & Lopes da Silva, F. H. & Gispen, W. H.
- 277-281 Forecasting the future of medical technology: Implications for health policy
by Rigter, Henk
- 283-298 Management control in a publicly planned health system: A case study from Finland
by Saltman, Richard B.
- 299-315 Health expenditure by area in Finland -- An indicator of equity
by Sakari Haro, A.
- 317-323 Cost of illness studies: An aid to decision-making?
by Shiell, Alan & Gerard, Karen & Donaldson, Cam
- 325-338 Competition in health care markets and the development of alternative forms of service delivery
by Chirikos, Thomas N. & White, Stephen L.
- 339-346 Contribution of medical decision-making to consensus development conferences
by Klazinga, N. S. & Casparie, A. F. & van Everdingen, J. J. E.
- 347-354 Computing in clinical departments: Implications for the design of hospital information systems
by Wastell, D. G. & Acheson, E. J. & Cotter, L. & Schady, W. & Lucas, S. B. L. & Cronin, E.
- 359-362 Spectramap : by P.J. Lewi et al. Information Science Department, Janssen Research Foundation, 30 Turnhoutse Weg, 2340 Beerse, Belgium
by Thielemans, A. & Massart, D. L.
- 364-366 Health economics: Prospects for the future : by G. Teeling Smith (Ed.) Croom Helm, London, 1987 278 pp. [pound sign]27.50
by Schieber, G.
- 367-368 Prenatal screening, policies and values: The example of neural tube defects : by E.O. Nightingale and S.B. Meister (Eds.) Harvard University Press, Cambridge, 1987 93 pp. $13.25
by Orleans, M.
- 368-369 Human system responses to disaster : by T.E. Drabek Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1986 509 pp. DM 138.00
by Guha-Sapir, D.
- 369-370 Choices for health care: A practical introduction to the economics of health provision (2nd edn.) : by G.H. Mooney, E.M. Russell and R.D. Weir MacMillan Education, Houndmills Hampshire, 1986 179 pp. [pound sign]7.95
by Lapre, R. M.
- 370-371 Living with risk : by the British Medical Association John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester Sussex, 1987 179 pp. [pound sign]14.94
by Schwartz, F. W.
1987, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 149-151 Appropriate quality in health care
by Kissick, William L.
- 153-169 Cost containment in a statutory health insurance scheme by substitution of outpatient for inpatient care? The case of the Bavarian Contract
by John, Jurgen & Potthoff, Peter
- 171-181 The effect of economic constraints on the health care system in New Zealand
by Raffel, Marschall W. & Raffel, Norma K.
- 183-192 Towards a new health policy in Hungary
by Forgacs, Ivan & Kokeny, Michael
- 193-196 AIDS prevention: Is cost-benefit analysis appropriate?
by Lee, Philip R. & Moss, Andrew R.
- 197-206 Euthanasia, assistance to suicide and the law: Developments in the Netherlands
by Leenen, H. J. J.
- 207-225 Economic evaluation of six scenarios for the treatment of stones in the kidney and ureter by surgery or extra-corporeal shock wave lithotripsy
by Patel, M. S. & Blacklock, N. J. & Rao, P. N.
- 227-235 Cross-cultural variation in the weighting of health statements: A comparison of English and Swedish valuations
by Hunt, Sonja M. & Wiklund, Ingela
- 243-241 Confronting AIDS. Directions for public health, health care and research : by D. Baltimore and S. Wolff (Eds.) National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1986 374 pp. [pound sign]24.00
by Desmyter, J.
- 244-241 World Health Statistics Quarterly, volume 40, No. 1 : World Health Organization, Geneva, 1987 96 pp. Sw.fr. 21.00
by Kesteloot, H.
- 244-245 Environmental tobacco smoke. Measuring exposures and assessing health effects : by B. Hulka (Ed.) National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1986 337 pp. [pound sign]19.20
by Kesteloot, H.
1987, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-3 The public-private mix in health care
by Poullier, Jean-Pierre
- 5-12 Towards a new pluralism
by Klein, Rudolf
- 13-16 The changing public/private mix in health care
by Ron, Aviva
- 17-27 AIDS prevention in Japan and its cost benefit aspects
by Ohi, Gen & Kai, Ichiro & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Hasegawa, Tomonori & Takenaga, Nobuyuki & Takata, Syo & Takaku, Fumimaro & Yoshikura, Hiroshi & Yoshimura, Takesumi
- 33-38 Patients' rights in Europe
by Leenen, Henk J. J.
- 39-57 Essential drugs: economics and politics in international health
by Reich, Michael R.
- 59-67 Medical devices and safety in health care
by Roscam Abbing, H. D. C.
- 69-75 Technology assessment for countries at different stages of development
by Jennett, Bryan
- 77-93 General and specific factors in the explanation of regional variation of hospital admission rates: policy consequences for Belgium and the Netherlands
by van der Zee, J. & Groenewegen, P. P.
- 95-103 The implementation of a quality assurance programme in the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau in Barcelona
by Sunol, R. & Delgado, R. & Net, A. & Nolla, J. & Bohigas, LI.
- 105-136 International comparative research in health care. A study of the literature
by van Atteveld, Lettie & Broeders, Corine & Lapre, Ruud
- 141-139 Public health action in emergencies caused by epidemics : by P. Bres World Health Organization, Geneva, 1986 287 pp. Sw.fr.49
by Lechat, M.
- 142-143 Hospital information systems for case mix management : by L. Lichtig John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1986 313 pp. [pound sign]33.70
by Jenkins, L.
- 143-144 Political values and health care: The German experience : by D. Light and A. Schuller (Eds.) MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1986 605 pp. $60.75
by Beske, F.
- 144-145 Smoking out the barons: The campaign against the tobacco industry : A report of the British Medical Association John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, Sussex, 1986 192 pp. [pound sign]6.95
by Danzon, M. & White, P.
1987, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 295-296 Research and policy formulation
by Davis, Karen
- 297-307 Are there health risks in using risking systems? the case of perinatal risk assessment
by Orleans, Miriam & Haverkamp, Albert D.
- 309-324 Economic evaluation and the rational diffusion and use of health technology
by Drummond, Michael F.
- 325-338 Alcohol policies fin de siecle
by Sulkunen, Pekka
- 339-344 Hospitalization of infants
by Reif, Yaffa Machnes
- 345-359 The cost of saving a life through cervical cytology screening: implications for health policy
by Charny, M. C. & Farrow, S. C. & Roberts, C. J.
- 361-368 Smoking policy in the Netherlands since the fifties: One factor in the social dynamics of changes in smoking behaviour
by van Reek, Jan & Adriaanse, Hans
- 369-371 Health needs in a London district
by Mays, Nicholas B.
- 377-375 Safety measures for use in outbreaks of communicable disease : Prepared by Donald J. Dunsmore World Health Organisation, Geneva, 1986 VIII + 98 pp. Sw.fr. 17.00
by Reybrouck, G.
- 379-381 Managing the medical enterprise: A study of physician managers : by C. Betson UMI Research Press, Ann Arbor, 1986 191 pp., [pound sign] 43.25
by Kindig, David A.
- 381-382 Health: The foundations for achievement : by D. Seedhouse 104 pp. [pound sign] 5.96
by Davies, C.
- 377-379 `What are my chances doctor?' A review of clinical risks : by B. O'Brien Office of Health Economics, London, 1986 43 pp., [pound sign] 1.50
by Charny, M.
1987, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 109-114 Economic incentives in the health care industry: Implications for health policy making
by Nonneman, W. & Van Doorslaer, E.
- 115-134 Public health insurance: the collective purchase of individual care
by Evans, Robert G.
- 135-148 Market strategies for publicly financed health care systems
by Rutten, Frans F. H.
- 149-162 In search of economic rationality: the experience of the Polish National Health Service
by Wlodarczyk, W. Cezary
- 163-173 Competitive health plans and alternative payment arrangements for physicians in the United States: public sector examples
by Freund, Deborah A.
- 175-188 Incentives for cost-effective behavior: a Dutch experience
by Groot, L. M. J.
- 189-204 Incentives for cost-effective physician behaviour
by Maynard, Alan
- 205-213 Stimulating cost effective behavior in hospitals
by Neuhauser, Duncan