Forest Policy and Economics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:forpol
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2009, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 18-25 The role of non-timber forest products during agroecosystem shift in Xishuangbanna, southwestern China
by Fu, Yongneng & Chen, Jin & Guo, Huijun & Chen, Aiguo & Cui, Jingyun & Hu, Huabin
- 26-33 Forest policy analysis praxis: Modelling the problem of forest loss in Cameroon
by Mbatu, Richard S.
- 34-41 Valuation of non-timber forest products value chains
by Jensen, Anders
- 42-49 Urbanization's impact on sustained yield management as perceived by forestry professionals in central New York
by Vickery, Brandon W. & Germain, René H. & Bevilacqua, Eddie
- 50-55 Assessing the value of forestry to the Irish economy -- An input-output approach
by Ní Dhubháin, Áine & Fléchard, Marie-Christine & Moloney, Richard & O'Connor, Deirdre
- 56-64 Asymmetry in price transmission between the producer and the consumer prices in the wood sector and the role of imports: The case of Greece
by Koutroumanidis, Theodoros & Zafeiriou, Eleni & Arabatzis, Garyfallos
- 65-75 Process-based analysis of added value in forest product industries
by Sathre, Roger & Gustavsson, Leif
- 76-77 Scenarios on Forest Management in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Ukraine, Schellaas, M.-J., Buksha, I., Cerny, M., Cienciala, E., Csoka, P., Galinski, W., Karjalainen, T., Kolozs, L., Nabuurs, G.-J., Pasternak, V., Pussinen, A., Sódor, M., Wawrzoniak, J., 2004, European Forest Institute -- Research Report 17, Brill Leiden, Boston, 107 pp., ISBN-10: 9004137270; ISBN-13: 978-9004137271
by Vuletic, Dijana
- 77-77 Julian Evans and John W Turnbull, Plantation Forestry in the Tropics , The Role, Silviculture, and Use of Planted Forests for Industrial, Social, Environmental, and Agroforestry Purposes, Oxford University Press, Oxford (2006) 467 pp., ISBN-10: 0198509472; ISBN-13: 978-0198509479
by Bösch, Matthias
- 78-79 Irene Guijt, Editor, Negotiated Learning: Collaborating Monitoring in Forest Resource Management, Resources for the Future Press, Washington, DC, USA (2007) xi + 163 pp., ISBN 978-1-933115-38-2
by Bose, Purabi
- 77-78 Adrian C Newton, Forest Ecology and Conservation: A Handbook of Techniques , Oxford University Press, Oxford (2007) 454 pp., ISBN-10: 0198567456, ISBN-13: 978-0198567455
by Schlaepfer, Rodolphe
2008, Volume 10, Issue 7-8
- 435-443 Legal frameworks for and the practice of participatory natural resources management in South Africa
by Holmes-Watts, Tania & Watts, Scotney
- 444-449 The impact of forest service litigation success on administrative appeals of proposed fuels reduction actions
by Laband, David N. & Hussain, Anwar & González-Cabán, Armando
- 450-459 Determinants of export marketing strategies of forest products companies in the context of transition -- The case of Slovakia
by Brodrechtova, Yvonne
- 460-466 Empirical specification of cost reductions associated with accumulated knowledge in the Swedish kraft paper industry
by Lundmark, Robert
- 467-472 Valuing forest recreation on the national level in a transition economy: The case of Poland
by Bartczak, Anna & Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle & Zandersen, Marianne & Zylicz, Tomasz
- 473-479 Entrepreneurial attitude, innovation and performance among Norwegian nature-based tourism enterprises
by Nybakk, Erlend & Hansen, Eric
- 480-490 Long-term effects of eliminating illegal logging on the world forest industries, trade, and inventory
by Li, Ruhong & Buongiorno, J. & Turner, J.A. & Zhu, S. & Prestemon, J.
- 491-499 Public compensation for windstorm damage reduces incentives for risk management investments
by Brunette, Marielle & Couture, Stéphane
- 500-506 Corporate responsibility reporting by large pulp and paper companies
by Mikkilä, Mirja & Toppinen, Anne
- 507-514 What does it take to get family forest owners to enroll in a forest stewardship-type program?
by Kilgore, Michael A. & Snyder, Stephanie A. & Schertz, Joseph & Taff, Steven J.
- 515-522 Implementation failure of the forest expansion policy in Flanders (Northern Belgium) and the policy learning potential
by Van Gossum, Peter & Ledene, Liselot & Arts, Bas & De Vreese, Rik & Verheyen, Kris
- 523-523 Darius Adams and Richard W. Haynes, Editors, Resource and Market Projections for Forest Policy Development: Twenty-five years of experience with the US RPA Timber Assessment, Springer, Dordrecht (2007) 589 pp. ISBN-10: 1402063083 ISBN-13: 978-1402063084
by Nabuurs, Gert-Jan
2008, Volume 10, Issue 6
- 341-343 Wildfire mitigation
by Teeter, Lawrence
- 344-354 The economics of alternative fuel reduction treatments in western United States dry forests: Financial and policy implications from the National Fire and Fire Surrogate Study
by Hartsough, Bruce R. & Abrams, Scott & Barbour, R. James & Drews, Erik S. & McIver, James D. & Moghaddas, Jason J. & Schwilk, Dylan W. & Stephens, Scott L.
- 355-362 Assessing the cost of fuel reduction treatments: A critical review
by Rummer, Bob
- 363-372 Market impacts of hypothetical fuel treatment thinning programs on federal lands in the western United States
by Ince, Peter J. & Spelter, Henry & Skog, Kenneth E. & Kramp, Andrew & Dykstra, Dennis P.
- 373-385 Timber product output implications of a program of mechanical fuel treatments applied on public timberland in the Western United States
by Barbour, R. James & Zhou, Xiaoping & Prestemon, Jeffrey P.
- 386-399 Market impacts of a multiyear mechanical fuel treatment program in the U.S
by Prestemon, Jeffrey P. & Abt, Karen L. & Huggett Jr., Robert J.
- 400-407 Potential biomass and logs from fire-hazard-reduction treatments in Southwest Oregon and Northern California
by Barbour, R. James & Fried, Jeremy S. & Daugherty, Peter J. & Christensen, Glenn & Fight, Roger
- 408-414 Efficacy of mechanical fuel treatments for reducing wildfire hazard
by Huggett Jr., Robert J. & Abt, Karen L. & Shepperd, Wayne
- 415-423 Investigating intended evacuation from wildfires in the wildland-urban interface: Application of a bivariate probit model
by Mozumder, Pallab & Raheem, Nejem & Talberth, John & Berrens, Robert P.
- 424-425 Ewald Rametsteiner, Gerhard Weiss and Klaus Kubeczko, Innovation and entrepreneurship in forestry in Central Europe , Koninklijke Brill NV Leiden, The Netherlands/European Forest Institute (2005) 179 pp
by Paligorov, Ivan
- 426-427 K.M. Reynolds, A.J. Thomson, M. Köhl, M.A. Shannon, D. Ray and K. Rennolls, Editors, Sustainable Forestry: From Monitoring and Modelling to Knowledge Management and Policy Science, CAB International, Oxfordshire, UK (2007) 527 p
by O'Laughlin, Jay
- 428-429 Roger Sands, Forestry in a Global Context , CABI Publishing, Wallingford UK (2005) ISBN 978-0851990897 262 pp.
by Dhakal, Maheshwar
2008, Volume 10, Issue 5
- 275-285 Impacts of payments for environmental services on local development in northern Costa Rica: A fuzzy multi-criteria analysis
by Locatelli, Bruno & Rojas, Varinia & Salinas, Zenia
- 286-294 Event analysis of the impact of mergers and acquisitions on the financial performance of the U.S. forest products industry
by Mei, Bin & Sun, Changyou
- 295-302 Estimating the effects of adjacency and green-up constraints on landowners of different sizes and spatial arrangements located in the southeastern U.S
by Zhu, Jianping & Bettinger, Pete
- 303-315 Property rights, land conflicts and deforestation in the Eastern Amazon
by Puppim de Oliveira, Jose Antonio
- 316-325 Framing environmental policy by the local press: Case study from the Dadia Forest Reserve, Greece
by Hovardas, Tasos & Korfiatis, Konstantinos J.
- 326-335 A marginal cost analysis of trade-offs in old-growth preservation in Ontario
by Khajuria, Rajendra Prasad & Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna & Kant, Shashi
- 336-336 C.C. Konijnendijk, K. Nilsson, T.B. Randrup and J.S. Schipperijn, Editors, Urban Forests and Trees, Springer, Berlin (2005) xx + 520 pp
by Lynch, Jim
2008, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 205-219 Estimating rates of substitution for protecting values at risk for initial attack planning and budgeting
by Rideout, Douglas B. & Ziesler, Pamela S. & Kling, Robert & Loomis, John B. & Botti, Stephen J.
- 220-229 The future orientation of foresters: An exploratory research among Dutch foresters into the prerequisite for strategic planning in forestry
by Hoogstra, Marjanke A. & Schanz, Heiner
- 230-239 Voluntary agreements in protecting privately owned forests in Finland -- To buy or to lease
by Juutinen, Artti & Mantymaa, Erkki & Monkkonen, Mikko & Svento, Rauli
- 240-247 What factors influence obtaining forest certification in the U.S. Pacific Northwest
by Tikina, Anna & Kozak, Robert & Larson, Bruce
- 248-256 Quantifying the direct social and governmental costs of illegal logging in the Bolivian, Brazilian, and Peruvian Amazon
by Gutierrez-Velez, Victor Hugo & MacDicken, Kenneth
- 257-269 Responding to the Kyoto Protocol through forestry: A comparison of opportunities for several countries in Europe
by Nijnik, Maria & Bizikova, Livia
- 270-271 N.K. Ninan, S. Jyothis, P. Babu and V. Ramakrishnappa, Editors, The Economics of Biodiversity Conservation: Valuation in Tropical Forest Ecosystems, Earthscan (2007-09-15) 1-84407-364-5, 978-1-84407-364-1
by Dawson, Graham
- 271-272 J.L. Innes, G.M. Hickey and H.F. Hoen, Editors, Forestry and Environmental Change: Socioeconomic and Political Dimensions, CABI Publishing, Wallingford (2005) vii+ 265 pp
by Lynch, Jim
2008, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 89-97 Examining private forest policy preferences
by Janota, Jessica J. & Broussard, Shorna R.
- 98-107 A concept for the calculation of financial losses when changing the forest management strategy
by Mohring, Bernhard & Ruping, Ursula
- 108-116 Exchange rates and the competitiveness of the United States timber sector in a global economy
by Daigneault, Adam J. & Sohngen, Brent & Sedjo, Roger
- 117-127 Voting methods in strategic forest planning -- Experiences from Metsahallitus
by Hiltunen, Veikko & Kangas, Jyrki & Pykalainen, Jouni
- 128-139 Evaluation of renewable energy policies in an integrated economic-energy-environment model
by Kancs, d'Artis & Wohlgemuth, Norbert
- 140-150 Real versus perceived conflicts between restoration of ponderosa pine forests and conservation of the Mexican spotted owl
by Prather, John W. & Noss, Reed F. & Sisk, Thomas D.
- 151-160 Applying portfolio optimisation to the harvesting decisions of non-industrial private forest owners
by Hyytiainen, Kari & Penttinen, Markku
- 161-173 Incorporating social factors to improve the Japanese forest zoning process
by Sugimura, Ken & Howard, Theodore E.
- 174-182 Modeling the effects of introducing timber sales into volume-based tenure agreements
by Crowe, Kevin
- 183-194 Communication between forest scientists and forest policy-makers in Europe -- A survey on both sides of the science/policy interface
by Janse, Gerben
- 195-194 G. Mery, R. Alfaro, M. Kanninen and M. Lobovikov, Editors, Forests in the global balance--Changing paradigms,, IUFRO World Series vol. 17, Helsinki (2005) 318 pp.
by Stahl, Goran
- 197-198 Oliver Springate-Baginski and Piers Blaikie, Editors, Forests, People and Power: The Political Ecology of Reform in South Asia, Earthscan, London (2007) 394 pp
by Satyal Pravat, Poshendra
- 198-200 Jerry Vanclay, Ravi Prabhu and Fergus Sinclair , Realizing community futures: A practical guide to harnessing natural resources, Earthscan, London (2006) 162 pages
by Satyal Pravat, Poshendra
- 195-197 David Humphreys, Editor, Logjam: Deforestation and the Crisis of Global Governance, Earthscan, London (2006) 302 pp.
by Innes, John
2007, Volume 10, Issue 1-2
- 1-6 Is China in a later stage of a U-shaped forest resource curve? A re-examination of empirical evidence
by Wang, Sen & Liu, Can & Wilson, Bill
- 7-13 The profitability of forest protection versus logging and the role of payments for environmental services (PES) in the Reserva Forestal Golfo Dulce, Costa Rica
by Ibarra Gene, Enrique
- 14-24 Policy analysis of a government-sanctioned management plan for a community-owned forest in Romania
by Sandulescu, Emil & Wagner, John E. & Pailler, Sharon & Floyd, Donald W. & Davis, Craig J.
- 25-35 Stakeholders' perceptions of consultations as tools for co-management -- A case study of the forestry and reindeer herding sectors in northern Sweden
by Sandstrom, Camilla & Widmark, Camilla
- 36-47 Economic incentives for abandoning or expanding gum arabic production in Sudan
by Rahim, Afaf H. & van Ierland, Ekko C. & Wesseler, Justus
- 48-59 An integrated spatial assessment of the investment potential of three species in southern Ontario, Canada inclusive of carbon benefits
by Yemshanov, Denys & McKenney, Daniel & Fraleigh, Saul & D'Eon, Steve
- 60-69 Forest policy in aroused society: Ukrainian post-Orange Revolution challenges
by Soloviy, Ihor P. & Cubbage, Frederick W.
- 70-81 Structure of causation and its influence on cooperation: A comparative study of forest management in Ontario, Canada
by Robson, Mark & Kant, Shashi
- 82-83 James S. Clark and Alan E. Gelfand, Editors, Hierarchical Modelling for the Environmental Sciences-- Statistical Methods and Applications, Oxford University Press Inc., New York(2006), (2006) 205 pages, ISBN-(Hbk): 0-19-856966-1
by Hein, Sebastian
- 83-84 M. Merlo and L. Croitoru, Editors, Valuing Mediterranean Forests: Towards Total Economic Value, CABI International, Wallingford UK/Cambridge MA (2005) 406 pp
by Sisak, Ludek
2007, Volume 9, Issue 8
- 883-902 Getting past the who and how many to the how and why in USDA Forest Service public involvement processes
by Scardina, Anthony V. & Mortimer, Michael J. & Dudley, Larkin
- 903-915 Costs of harvesting, transportation and milling in the Brazilian Amazon: Estimation and policy implications
by Bauch, Simone C. & Amacher, Gregory S. & Merry, Frank D.
- 916-927 Economic dependence on forest resources: A case from Dendi District, Ethiopia
by Mamo, Getachew & Sjaastad, Espen & Vedeld, Pal
- 928-937 Willingness-to-pay for prescribed fire in the Colorado (USA) wildland urban interface
by Kaval, Pamela & Loomis, John & Seidl, Andy
- 938-946 Beetles, trees, and people: Regional economic impact sensitivity and policy considerations related to the mountain pine beetle infestation in British Columbia, Canada
by Patriquin, Mike N. & Wellstead, Adam M. & White, William A.
- 947-964 Chaos theory and assessment of forest stakeholder attitudes towards Australian forest policy
by Musselwhite, Gary & Herath, Gamini
- 965-981 Effects of temporal aggregation in integrated strategic/tactical and strategic forest planning
by Andersson, Daniel & Eriksson, Ljusk Ola
- 982-995 Biodiversity policies in commercial boreal forests: Optimal design of subsidy and tax combinations
by Koskela, Erkki & Ollikainen, Markku & Pukkala, Timo
- 996-1005 Economic analysis of closing degraded Boswellia papyrifera dry forest from human interventions -- A study from Tigray, Northern Ethiopia
by Tilahun, Mesfin & Olschewski, Roland & Kleinn, Christoph & Gebrehiwot, Kindeya
- 1006-1017 Potential impacts of carbon taxes on carbon flux in western Oregon private forests
by Im, Eun Ho & Adams, Darius M. & Latta, Gregory S.
- 1018-1030 Do "stakeholders" represent citizen interests? An empirical inquiry into assessments of policy aims in the National Forest Programme for Germany
by Elsasser, Peter
- 1031-1045 Determination of optimal rotation period under stochastic wood and carbon prices
by Chladna, Zuzana
- 1046-1055 Measuring the productivity and physical workload of brushcutters within the context of a production-based pay system
by Toupin, Dominic & LeBel, Luc & Dubeau, Denise & Imbeau, Daniel & Bouthillier, Luc
- 1056-1070 Missing links between timber scarcity and industrial overcapacity: Lessons from the Indonesian Pulp and Paper expansion
by Pirard, Romain & Irland, Lloyd C.
- 1071-1078 Optimal upgrading of forest road networks: Scenario analysis vs. stochastic modelling
by Olsson, Leif
- 1079-1089 Forest logging and institutional thresholds in developing south-east Asian economies: A conceptual model
by McAllister, Ryan R.J. & Smajgl, Alex & Asafu-Adjaye, John
- 1090-1099 Institutional change in the forestry sector--The explanatory potential of New Institutional Economics
by Schluter, Achim
- 1100-1112 Consumer willingness to pay price premiums for environmentally certified wood products in the U.S
by Aguilar, Francisco X. & Vlosky, Richard P.
- 1113-1133 The development of government agency and stakeholder cooperation: A comparative study of two Local Citizens Committees' (LCCs) participation in forest management in Ontario, Canada
by Robson, Mark & Kant, Shashi
2007, Volume 9, Issue 7
- 733-740 Economic perspectives and analyses of multiple forest values and sustainable forest management
by Kant, Shashi
- 743-750 Pluralism in the economics of sustainable forest management
by Wang, Sen & Wilson, Bill
- 751-762 Sustainable forest management, pecuniary externalities and invisible stakeholders
by Price, Colin
- 763-775 An evolutionary game-theoretic approach to the strategies of community members under Joint Forest Management regime
by Shahi, Chander & Kant, Shashi
- 779-788 A framework for developing marked-based policies to further biodiversity on non-industrial private forests (NIPF)
by Matta, Jagannadha & Alavalapati, Janaki & Tanner, George
- 789-798 Carbon credits and management of Scots pine and Norway spruce stands in Finland
by Pohjola, J. & Valsta, L.
- 799-810 Shadow prices and input-oriented production efficiency analysis of the village-level production units of joint forest management (JFM) in India
by Misra, Dinesh & Kant, Shashi
- 811-821 Selection of tree species for plantations in Japan
by Fujikake, Ichiro
- 822-829 Economic analysis of sengon (Paraserianthes falcataria) community forest plantation, a fast growing species in East Java, Indonesia
by Siregar, Ulfah J. & Rachmi, A. & Massijaya, M.Y. & Ishibashi, N. & Ando, K.
- 833-851 Policy instruments to enhance multi-functional forest management
by Cubbage, Frederick & Harou, Patrice & Sills, Erin
- 852-861 Efficiency and equity of forest policies: A graphic analysis using the partial equilibrium framework
by Riera, Pere & Aranda, Leticia & Mavsar, Robert
- 862-868 Do certified tropical logs fetch a market premium?: A comparative price analysis from Sabah, Malaysia
by Kollert, Walter & Lagan, Peter
- 869-879 Forest environmental incomes and the rural poor
by Vedeld, Paul & Angelsen, Arild & Bojo, Jan & Sjaastad, Espen & Kobugabe Berg, Gertrude
2007, Volume 9, Issue 6
- 581-590 Property rights, forest rents, and trade: The case of US countervailing duties on Canadian softwood lumber
by Luckert, M.K. (Marty)
- 591-601 Institutional conflict and forest policy effectiveness: The case of the Costa Rican institutional reform
by Ibarra, Enrique & Hirakuri, Sofia R.
- 602-610 Land tenure, market, and the establishment of forest plantations in Ghana
by Zhang, Daowei & Aboagye Owiredu, Eric
- 611-619 Economic effects of policy-relevant issues on timber and reindeer productions--the cost of increasing reindeer production in northern Sweden
by Zhou, Wenchao
- 620-632 Government regulation of forestry practices on private forest land in the United States: An assessment of state government responsibilities and program performance
by Ellefson, Paul V. & Kilgore, Michael A. & Granskog, James E.
- 633-646 Evidence of lay and professional forest-based development discourses in three contrasting regions of Finland
by Selby, Ashley & Koskela, Terhi & Petajisto, Leena
- 647-652 Effects on the economy of a decrease in forest resources: An international comparison
by San Cristobal, Jose Ramon
- 653-670 Alternative tourism-timber dependencies and the development of forested rural regions
by Bowe, Scott A. & Marcouiller, David W.
- 671-693 Forest conservation in the Philippines: An economic assessment of selected policy responses using a computable general equilibrium model
by Stenberg, Luz Centeno & Siriwardana, Mahinda
- 694-703 Comparing the value of fuel treatment options in northern Colorado's urban and wildland-urban interface areas
by Walker, Susan H. & Rideout, Douglas B. & Loomis, John B. & Reich, Robin
- 704-712 Farmers' perceptions towards forests: A case study from Haiti
by Dolisca, Frito & McDaniel, Josh M. & Teeter, Lawrence D.
- 713-729 Ukraine reforms in forestry 1990-2000
by Nordberg, Mats
2007, Volume 9, Issue 5
- 421-439 Forest diversity, tobacco production and resource management in Tanzania
by Sauer, Johannes & Abdallah, Jumanne M.
- 440-451 Developing and using composite indices to describe broadscale trends in forest management
by Haynes, Richard
- 452-463 Forest certification and Swedish wood supply
by Eriksson, Ljusk Ola & Sallnas, Ola & Stahl, Goran
- 464-478 Local benefits from community forests in the middle hills of Nepal
by Adhikari, Bhim & Williams, Frances & Lovett, Jon C.
- 479-495 A dynamic bio-economic model for analyzing deforestation and degradation: An application to woodlands in Uganda
by Namaalwa, Justine & Sankhayan, Prem L. & Hofstad, Ole
- 496-515 Ecosystem services from tropical forestry projects - The choice of international market actors
by Sell, Joachim & Koellner, Thomas & Weber, Olaf & Proctor, Wendy & Pedroni, Lucio & Scholz, Roland W.
- 516-526 Exploded logit modeling of stakeholders' preferences for multiple forest values
by Kumar, Sushil & Kant, Shashi
- 527-535 Optimal timber stock in Finnish nonindustrial private forests
by Favada, Ibrahim M. & Kuuluvainen, Jari & Uusivuori, Jussi
- 536-545 How much are Mediterranean forests worth?
by Croitoru, Lelia
- 546-557 Interpretation and implementation of Ecosystem Management in international and national forest policy
by Dekker, M. & Turnhout, E. & Bauwens, B.M.S.D.L. & Mohren, G.M.J.
- 558-577 The importance of dry woodlands and forests in rural livelihoods and poverty alleviation in South Africa
by Shackleton, Charlie M. & Shackleton, Sheona E. & Buiten, Erik & Bird, Neil
2006, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 297-315 Monitoring and information reporting for sustainable forest management: An inter-jurisdictional comparison of soft law standards
by Hickey, Gordon M. & Innes, John L. & Kozak, Robert A. & Bull, Gary Q. & Vertinsky, Ilan
- 316-334 Private forest policy tools: A national survey exploring the American public's perceptions and support
by Schaaf, Kenli A. & Broussard, Shorna R.
- 335-348 Public preferences for biodiversity conservation and scenic beauty within a framework of environmental services payments
by Bienabe, Estelle & Hearne, Robert R.
- 349-371 Use of models to analyse land-use changes, forest/soil degradation and carbon sequestration with special reference to Himalayan region: A review and analysis
by Upadhyay, T.P. & Solberg, Birger & Sankhayan, Prem L.
- 372-379 Testing integration in main European paper markets under floating and fixed exchange rates
by Kainulainen, Tuomo & Toppinen, Anne
- 380-391 Strategies, functions and benefits of forest certification in wood products marketing: Perspectives of Finnish suppliers
by Owari, Toshiaki & Juslin, Heikki & Rummukainen, Arto & Yoshimura, Tetsuhiko
- 392-402 State statutory reforms and retention of prescribed fire liability laws on U.S. forest land
by Sun, Changyou
- 403-416 Russian forest policy in the turmoil of the changing balance of power
by Torniainen, Tatu Juhani & Saastamoinen, Olli Juhani & Petrov, Anatoly Pavlovich
2006, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 197-208 Does forest certification matter? An analysis of operation-level changes required during the SmartWood certification process in the United States
by Newsom, Deanna & Bahn, Volker & Cashore, Benjamin
- 209-218 The estimation of ecosystem services' value in the region of Misi Rural Development Project: Results from a contingent valuation survey
by Gurluk, Serkan
- 219-236 Analytical approach for analyzing and providing solutions for the conflicts among forest stakeholders across Turkey
by Barli, Onder & Baskent, Emin Zeki & Turker, Mustafa Fehmi & Gedik, Tarik
- 237-248 Evaluating forest management intensity: A comparison among major forest landowner types
by Arano, Kathryn G. & Munn, Ian A.
- 249-260 Valuing forest services missing from the national accounts: The contribution of cultivated forests to wealth accumulation in Swaziland
by Hassan, Rashid & Ngwenya, Phindile
- 261-273 Forest policy reformed: A United States perspective
by Cubbage, Frederick W. & Newman, David H.
- 274-284 Perceptions of collective action and its success in community based natural resource management: An empirical analysis
by Matta, Jagannadha R. & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R.
- 285-296 Acceptance of sticks, carrots and sermons as policy instruments for directing private forest management
by Serbruyns, Inge & Luyssaert, Sebastiaan
2006, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 107-108 A comment on: V.C. Tassone et al. 2004: Diverging incentives for afforestation from carbon sequestration: An economic analysis of the EU afforestation program in the south of Italy. Forest Policy and Economics 6, 567-578
by Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark & Strange, Niels & Helles, Finn
- 109-112 Reply to the comment by Thorsen et al. on "Diverging incentives for afforestation from carbon sequestration: An economic analysis of the EU afforestation program in the south of Italy"
by Tassone, Valentina C. & Wesseler, Justus & Nesci, Francesco S.
- 113-125 Using SMAA-2 method with dependent uncertainties for strategic forest planning
by Kangas, Annika S. & Kangas, Jyrki & Lahdelma, Risto & Salminen, Pekka
- 126-138 A roll call analysis of the Healthy Forests Restoration Act and constituent interests in fire policy
by Sun, Changyou
- 139-152 Applying cognitive mapping approach to explore the objective-structure of forest owners in a Northern Finnish case area
by Tikkanen, Jukka & Isokaanta, Tarja & Pykalainen, Jouni & Leskinen, Pekka
- 153-161 A landscape perspective on differentiated management for production of timber and nature conservation values
by Andersson, Mikael & Sallnas, Ola & Carlsson, Mattias
- 162-178 The rise of protected area policy in the Philippine forest policy: An analysis from the perspective of Advocacy Coalition Framework (ACF)
by Villamor, Grace B.
- 179-196 Participatory modeling and analysis for sustainable forest management: Overview of soft system dynamics models and applications
by Mendoza, Guillermo A. & Prabhu, Ravi
2006, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-12 Forest conversion to rubber around Sumatran villages in Indonesia: Comparing the impacts of road construction, transmigration projects and population
by Miyamoto, Motoe
- 13-31 Industrial forest plantation subsidies: Impacts and implications
by Bull, Gary Q. & Bazett, Michael & Schwab, Olaf & Nilsson, Sten & White, Andy & Maginnis, Stewart
- 32-41 Forest Plans and ad hoc scientist groups in the 1990s: Coping with the Forest Service viability clause
by Duncan, Sally L. & Thompson, Jonathan R.
- 42-49 Comprehensive strategic planning for the use and management of forest resources: The experiences of state governments in the United States
by Kilgore, Michael A. & Hibbard, Calder M. & Ellefson, Paul V.
- 50-62 Promoting sustainable logging in Brazil's national forests: Tax revenue for an indemnity fund
by Thurston, Hale W. & Burness, H. Stuart
- 63-76 Impact of socio-economic factors on the changes in forest areas in China
by Zhang, Yufu & Tachibana, Satoshi & Nagata, Shin
- 77-92 Social choice theory and its applications in sustainable forest management--a review
by Kangas, Annika & Laukkanen, Sanna & Kangas, Jyrki
- 93-102 Forest certification and institutional governance: An empirical study of forest stewardship council certificate holders in the United States
by Overdevest, Christine & Rickenbach, Mark G.
2006, Volume 8, Issue 8
- 785-796 Evaluating capacity development for participatory forest management in Bangladesh's Sal forests based on `4Rs' stakeholder analysis
by Salam, Md. Abdus & Noguchi, Toshikuni
- 797-810 Inter-regional comparisons of production technology in Canada's timber harvesting industries
by Nanang, David M. & Ghebremichael, Asghedom
- 811-823 Visualization and landscape laboratories in planning, design and management of urban woodlands
by Tyrvainen, Liisa & Gustavsson, Roland & Konijnendijk, Cecil & Ode, Asa
- 824-837 Multi-attribute evaluation of landscape-level fuel management to reduce wildfire risk
by Ohlson, Dan W. & Berry, Trent M. & Gray, Robert W. & Blackwell, Bruce A. & Hawkes, Brad C.
- 838-853 Goals for public participation implied by sustainable development, and the preparatory process of the Finnish National Forest Programme
by Primmer, Eeva & Kyllonen, Simo
2006, Volume 8, Issue 7
- 669-673 Introduction to the special issue on innovation and entrepreneurship in the forest sector
by Rametsteiner, Ewald & Hansen, Eric & Niskanen, Anssi
- 674-682 A comparison of innovation in two Canadian forest service support industries
by Anderson, Frances
- 683-690 Entrepreneurial attitudes and probability for start-ups--an investigation of Norwegian non-industrial private forest owners
by Lunnan, Anders & Nybakk, Erlend & Vennesland, Birger
- 691-703 Innovation and innovation policy in forestry: Linking innovation process with systems models
by Rametsteiner, Ewald & Weiss, Gerhard
- 704-715 The role of sectoral and regional innovation systems in supporting innovations in forestry
by Kubeczko, Klaus & Rametsteiner, Ewald & Weiss, Gerhard
- 716-724 The effects of property transformation on forestry entrepreneurship and innovation in the context of Slovakia
by Salka, Jaroslav & Longauer, Roman & Lacko, Milan
- 725-741 Entrepreneurship in value chains of non-timber forest products
by te Velde, Dirk Willem & Rushton, Jonathan & Schreckenberg, Kathrin & Marshall, Elaine & Edouard, Fabrice & Newton, Adrian & Arancibia, Erik
- 742-750 Factors influencing the success of wood product innovations in Australia and New Zealand
by Bull, Lyndall & Ferguson, Ian
- 751-761 Creating value with innovation: From centre of expertise to the forest products industry
by Van Horne, Constance & Frayret, Jean-Marc & Poulin, Diane
- 762-773 An analysis of productive efficiency and innovation activity using DEA: An application to Spain's wood-based industry
by Diaz-Balteiro, Luis & Casimiro Herruzo, A. & Martinez, Margarita & Gonzalez-Pachon, Jacinto
- 774-783 Structural panel industry evolution: Implications for innovation and new product development
by Hansen, Eric
2006, Volume 8, Issue 6
- 579-592 Information search behaviour of European forest policy decision-makers
by Janse, Gerben
- 593-609 Field testing of a criteria and indicators system for sustainable forest management at the local level. Case study results concerning the sustainability of the private forest Haliburton Forest and Wild Life Reserve in Ontario, Canada
by Mrosek, Thorsten & Balsillie, David & Schleifenbaum, Peter
- 610-624 Estimating the costs of overlapping tenure constraints: a case study in Northern Alberta, Canada
by Nanang, David M. & Hauer, Grant K.
- 625-635 Estimating actual and potential government revenues from timber harvesting in Cambodia
by Kim, Sophanarith & Phat, Nophea Kim & Koike, Masao & Hayashi, Hiromichi
- 636-651 Site identification for carbon sequestration in Latin America: A grid-based economic approach
by Benitez, Pablo C. & Obersteiner, Michael
- 652-666 Managing across levels of government: Evaluation of federal-state roles and responsibilities involving nonfederal forests in the United States
by Ellefson, Paul V. & Hibbard, Calder M. & Kilgore, Michael A.
2006, Volume 8, Issue 5
- 499-501 Forest policy evaluation in Europe : State of art
by Buttoud, Gerard
- 502-511 Key concepts and methods of programme evaluation and conclusions from forestry practice in Switzerland
by Bisang, Kurt & Zimmermann, Willi
- 512-528 Implementation analysis of forest programmes: Some theoretical notes and an example
by Carvalho Mendes, Americo M.S.
- 529-541 Assessment of an iterative process: The double spiral of re-designing participation
by Kouplevatskaya-Yunusova, Irina & Buttoud, Gerard
- 542-554 The socio-economic evaluation of the impact of forestry on rural development: A regional level analysis
by Slee, Bill
- 555-563 Measuring bridges between sectors: Causative evaluation of cross-sectorality
by Krott, Max & Hasanagas, Nicolas D.
- 564-576 Assessing policies from a systems perspecitve -- Experiences with applied innovation systems analysis and implications for policy evaluation
by Rametsteiner, Ewald & Weiss, Gerhard
2006, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 339-349 Analyzing community-based forestry: Local, political and agrarian perspectives
by Sikor, Thomas
- 350-362 Institutional analysis of evolution of joint forest management in India: A new institutional economics approach
by Behera, Bhagirath & Engel, Stefanie
- 363-374 Co-management options for reserved forests in Zimbabwe and beyond: Policy implications of forest management strategies
by Matose, Frank
- 375-385 Ensuring a future for collective forestry in China's southwest: Adding human and social capital to policy reforms
by Weyerhaeuser, Horst & Kahrl, Fredrich & Yufang, Su
- 386-396 Poverty alleviation through community forestry in Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam: An assessment of the potential
by Sunderlin, William D.
- 397-408 From legal acts to actual powers: Devolution and property rights in the Central Highlands of Vietnam
by Thanh, Tran Ngoc & Sikor, Thomas
- 409-420 Forest devolution in Vietnam: Differentiation in benefits from forest among local households
by Nguyen, Tan Quang
- 421-433 Between state and society: Local governance of forests in Malinau, Indonesia
by Wollenberg, Eva & Moeliono, Moira & Limberg, Godwin & Iwan, Ramses & Rhee, Steve & Sudana, Made
- 434-446 Who owns the right? The determinants of community benefits from logging in Indonesia
by Engel, Stefanie & Palmer, Charles
- 447-457 Conflicts and communal forest management in northern Bolivia
by de Jong, Wil & Ruiz, Sergio & Becker, Michel