Emerging Markets Review
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620356
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Jonathan Andrew Batten
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:ememar
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1
2007, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 147-166 Including emerging markets in international momentum investment strategies
by Naranjo, Andy & Porter, Burt
2007, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 2-3 Farewell from the founding editor: A brief history of the EMR (So Far)
by Estrada, Javier
- 4-19 An alternative perspective on the relationship between downside beta and CAPM beta
by Galagedera, Don U.A.
- 20-37 The impact of macroeconomic announcements on emerging market bonds
by Andritzky, Jochen R. & Bannister, Geoffrey J. & Tamirisa, Natalia T.
- 38-49 Institutional enforcement, labor-market rigidities, and economic performance
by Calderon, Cesar & Chong, Alberto & Leon, Gianmarco
- 50-66 Credibility of CIS exchange rate policies -- A technical trader's view
by Bauer, Christian & Herz, Bernhard
- 67-79 Real estate and real options -- A case study
by Rocha, Katia & Salles, Luciana & Garcia, Francisco Augusto Alcaraz & Sardinha, Jose A. & Teixeira, Jose P.
2006, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 279-279 Financial market development in the Central and Eastern European countries
by Estrada, Javier
- 280-282 Financial market development in the Central and Eastern European Countries
by Berglund, Tom & Hanousek, Jan & Mramor, Dusan
- 283-299 Strategies of foreign banks in transition economies
by Haselmann, Rainer
- 300-319 Foreign direct investment in the financial sector and economic growth in Central and Eastern Europe: The crucial role of the efficiency channel
by Eller, Markus & Haiss, Peter & Steiner, Katharina
- 320-338 The role of cash holdings in reducing investment-cash flow sensitivity: Evidence from a financial crisis period in an emerging market
by Arslan, Ozgur & Florackis, Chrisostomos & Ozkan, Aydin
- 339-360 Is locking domestic funds into the local market beneficial? Evidence from the Polish pension reforms
by Zalewska, Anna
- 361-379 Corporate governance indices and firms' market values: Time series evidence from Russia
by Black, Bernard S. & Love, Inessa & Rachinsky, Andrei
- 380-397 Risks of investing in the Russian stock market: Lessons of the first decade
by Goriaev, Alexei & Zabotkin, Alexei
2006, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 191-212 Coming to America: IPOs from emerging market issuers
by Bruner, Robert & Chaplinsky, Susan & Ramchand, Latha
- 213-227 Earnings estimates in emerging markets--an update
by Hoguet, George R.
- 228-243 The unexplained part of public debt
by Campos, Camila F.S. & Jaimovich, Dany & Panizza, Ugo
- 244-260 M&A market in transition economies: Evidence from Romania
by Pop, Diana
- 261-278 Changes in the dynamic behavior of emerging market volatility: Revisiting the effects of financial liberalization
by Cunado, Juncal & Gomez Biscarri, Javier & Perez de Gracia, Fernando
2006, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 111-128 International equity portfolios: Selecting the right benchmark for emerging markets
by Hamza, Olfa & Kortas, Mohamed & L'Her, Jean-Francois & Roberge, Mathieu
- 129-146 European Union enlargement and equity markets in accession countries
by Dvorak, Tomas & Podpiera, Richard
- 147-161 On the duration of the financial system stability under liberalization
by Aka, Brou E.
- 162-175 Regulatory changes and market liquidity in Chinese stock markets
by Gao, Lei & Kling, Gerhard
- 176-190 Did financial liberalization ease financing constraints? Evidence from Indian firm-level data
by Ghosh, Saibal
2006, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-26 The benefits and costs of group affiliation: Evidence from East Asia
by Claessens, Stijn & Fan, Joseph P.H. & Lang, Larry H.P.
- 27-51 Statistical properties of country credit ratings
by Cruces, Juan J.
- 52-66 An assessment of the case for monetary union or official dollarization in five Latin American countries
by Hallwood, Paul & Marsh, Ian W. & Scheibe, Jorg
- 67-81 Measuring the cost of equity in African financial markets
by Collins, Daryl & Abrahamson, Mark
- 82-109 Have China's enterprise reforms led to improved efficiency and profitability?
by Chen, Gongmeng & Firth, Michael & Rui, Oliver
2005, Volume 6, Issue 4
- 309-310 Assessing risk in emerging markets
by Estrada, J.
- 311-323 An emerging market credit scoring system for corporate bonds
by Altman, Edward I.
- 324-345 Modelling country spillover effects in country risk ratings
by Hoti, Suhejla
- 346-362 Quantification of sovereign risk: Using the information in equity market prices
by Oshiro, Naoto & Saruwatari, Yasufumi
- 363-375 Predicting financial crises in emerging markets using a composite non-parametric model
by Apoteker, Thierry & Barthelemy, Sylvain
- 376-395 Designing an early warning system for debt crises
by Ciarlone, Alessio & Trebeschi, Giorgio
- 396-418 An analysis of skewness and skewness persistence in three emerging markets
by Adcock, C.J. & Shutes, K.
2005, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 211-237 Mutual fund preferences for Latin American equities surrounding financial crises
by Elkinawy, Susan
- 238-262 The success of stock selection strategies in emerging markets: Is it risk or behavioral bias?
by van der Hart, Jaap & de Zwart, Gerben & van Dijk, Dick
- 263-288 What makes firms manage FX risk?
by Kim, Woochan & Sung, Taeyoon
- 289-307 Fear of floating and domestic liability dollarization
by Honig, Adam
2005, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 107-120 Risk and ex ante cost of equity estimates of emerging market firms
by Mishra, Dev R. & O'Brien, Thomas J.
- 121-137 Empirical evidence on cross-listed stocks of Central and Eastern European companies
by Korczak, Piotr & Bohl, Martin T.
- 138-169 Financing choices of firms in EU accession countries
by Nivorozhkin, Eugene
- 170-191 Stock market liberalization and volatility in the presence of favorable market characteristics and institutions
by Jayasuriya, Shamila
- 192-209 Competition and concentration in the banking sector of the South Eastern European region
by Mamatzakis, E. & Staikouras, C. & Koutsomanoli-Fillipaki, N.
2005, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-19 Country selection of emerging equity markets: benefits from country attribute diversification
by Kortas, Mohamed & L'Her, Jean-Francois & Roberge, Mathieu
- 21-43 Coexceedances in financial markets--a quantile regression analysis of contagion
by Baur, Dirk & Schulze, Niels
- 45-67 Turnover and return in global stock markets
by Dey, Malay K.
- 69-84 Assessing institutional efficiency, growth and integration
by Chousa, Juan Pineiro & Khan, Haider A. & Melikyan, Davit & Tamazian, Artur
- 85-106 Investment and the stock market: evidence from Arab firm-level panel data
by Bolbol, Ali A. & Omran, Mohammad M.
2004, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 379-387 Macroeconomic factors and emerging market equity returns: a Bayesian model selection approach
by Hooker, Mark A.
- 389-408 An empirical examination of UK emerging market unit trust performance
by Abel, Ernest & Fletcher, Jonathan
- 409-426 Corporate governance and dividend policy in emerging markets
by Mitton, Todd
- 427-446 The impact of the Argentine default on volatility co-movements in emerging bond markets
by Cifarelli, Giulio & Paladino, Giovanna
- 447-469 Predicting default probabilities and implementing trading strategies for emerging markets bond portfolios
by Berardi, Andrea & Ciraolo, Stefania & Trova, Michele
2004, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 267-294 Housekeeping and plumbing: the investability of emerging markets
by Ladekarl, Jeppe & Zervos, Sara
- 295-316 Testing for predictability in emerging equity markets
by Chang, Eui Jung & Lima, Eduardo Jose Araujo & Tabak, Benjamin Miranda
- 317-339 Currency risk in emerging equity markets
by Phylaktis, Kate & Ravazzolo, Fabiola
- 341-359 Financial liberalization, prudential supervision, and the onset of banking crises
by Noy, Ilan
- 361-378 Rating timing differences between the two leading agencies: Standard and Poor's and Moody's
by Bissoondoyal-Bheenick, Emawtee
2004, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 131-159 Risk and return characteristics of property indices in emerging markets
by Barry, Christopher B. & Rodriguez, Mauricio
- 161-192 Comparing capital structures and rates of return in developed and emerging markets
by Glen, Jack & Singh, Ajit
- 193-215 Dynamic investment strategies with and without emerging equity markets
by Hagelin, Niclas & Pramborg, Bengt
- 217-240 Private benefits and cross-listings in the United States
by Benos, Evangelos & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 241-266 The risk and predictability of equity returns of the EU accession countries
by Mateus, Tiago
2004, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-38 The development of mutual funds around the world
by Klapper, Leora & Sulla, Victor & Vittas, Dimitri
- 39-59 Consolidation and market structure in emerging market banking systems
by Gelos, R. G. & Roldos, Jorge
- 61-82 International reserve-holding in the developing world: self insurance in a crisis-prone era?
by Mendoza, Ronald U.
- 83-107 ADRs as leading indicators of exchange rates
by Kadiyala, Padma & Kadiyala, Prasad
- 109-128 Asymmetric risk measures when modelling emerging markets equities: evidence for regional and timing effects
by Hwang, Soosung & Pedersen, Christian S.
2003, Volume 4, Issue 4
- 329-329 A Brief Note from the Editors
by Estrada, Javier & Harvey, Cam
- 330-339 Debt composition and balance sheet effects of currency depreciation: a summary of the micro evidence
by Galindo, Arturo & Panizza, Ugo & Schiantarelli, Fabio
- 340-367 Financial dollarization and debt deflation under a currency board
by Galiani, Sebastian & Levy Yeyati, Eduardo & Schargrodsky, Ernesto
- 368-396 Debt composition and exchange rate balance sheet effect in Brazil: a firm level analysis
by Bonomo, Marco & Martins, Betina & Pinto, Rodrigo
- 397-416 Debt composition and balance sheet effects of exchange rate depreciations: a firm-level analysis for Chile
by Benavente, Jose Miguel & Johnson, Christian A. & Morande, Felipe G.
- 417-449 'Dollar' debt in Colombian firms: are sinners punished during devaluations?
by Echeverry, Juan Carlos & Fergusson, Leopoldo & Steiner, Roberto & Aguilar, Camila
- 450-471 Debt composition and balance sheet effects of exchange rate volatility in Mexico: a firm level analysis
by Pratap, Sangeeta & Lobato, Ignacio & Somuano, Alejandro
- 472-496 Exchange rate volatility and economic performance in Peru: a firm level analysis
by Carranza, Luis J. & Cayo, Juan M. & Galdon-Sanchez, Jose E.
2003, Volume 4, Issue 3
- 225-247 Returns on ADRs and arbitrage in emerging markets
by Rabinovitch, Ramon & Silva, Ana Cristina & Susmel, Raul
- 248-272 What drives financial crises in emerging markets?
by Komulainen, Tuomas & Lukkarila, Johanna
- 273-286 Intra-industry trade of transition countries: trends and determinants
by Kandogan, Yener
- 287-309 Political conditions and currency crises in emerging markets
by Block, Steven A.
- 310-326 Mexican peso crisis and its spillover effects to emerging market debt
by Han, Ki C. & Lee, Suk Hun & Suk, David Y.
- 328-328 Corrigendum to: "Official bailout, moral hazard and the 'speciality' of the international interbank market": [Emerging Markets Review 4 (2003) 165-196]
by Spadafora, Francesco
2003, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 91-120 Mexico's integration into the North American capital market
by Adler, Michael & Qi, Rong
- 121-144 The equity risk premium: emerging vs. developed markets
by Salomons, Roelof & Grootveld, Henk
- 145-164 Understanding reserve volatility in emerging markets: a look at the long-run
by Demarmels, Ricarda & Fischer, Andreas M.
- 165-196 Official bailouts, moral hazard and the 'speciality' of the international interbank market
by Spadafora, Francesco
- 197-223 Financial densities in emerging markets: an application of the multivariate ES density
by Mauleon, Ignacio
2003, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-24 Liquidity and stock returns in emerging equity markets
by Jun, Sang-Gyung & Marathe, Achla & Shawky, Hany A.
- 25-38 Leaders and followers: emerging market fund behavior during tranquil and turbulent times
by Borensztein, Eduardo R. & Gelos, R. Gaston
- 39-51 Firm-level access to international capital markets: evidence from Chilean equities
by Holland, Sara B. & Warnock, Francis E.
- 53-72 The Internet and the ability to innovate in Latin America
by Chong, Alberto & Micco, Alejandro
- 73-90 An evaluation of MLPM allocation rules on emerging markets portfolios
by Pavabutr, Pantisa
2002, Volume 3, Issue 4
- 310-324 Introduction to 'Valuation in Emerging Markets'
by Bruner, Robert F. & Conroy, Robert M. & Estrada, Javier & Kritzman, Mark & Li, Wei
- 325-337 Measuring transparency and disclosure at firm-level in emerging markets
by Patel, Sandeep A. & Balic, Amra & Bwakira, Liliane
- 338-364 The persistence of emerging market equity flows
by Froot, Kenneth A. & Tjornhom Donohue, Jessica
- 365-379 Systematic risk in emerging markets: the
by Estrada, Javier
- 380-408 Emerging market bond spreads and sovereign credit ratings: reconciling market views with economic fundamentals
by Sy, Amadou N. R.
- 409-428 Devaluations and emerging stock market returns
by Glen, Jack
- 429-448 Research in emerging markets finance: looking to the future
by Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R.
2002, Volume 3, Issue 3
- 211-232 The effects of stock market development on growth and private investment in lower-income countries
by Benson Durham, J.
- 233-244 Value investing in emerging markets: risks and benefits
by Kargin, Vladislav
- 245-268 Assessing the effects of corruption and crime on firm performance: evidence from Latin America
by Gaviria, Alejandro
- 269-291 Economic integration without policy coordination: the case of Mercosur
by Baer, Werner & Cavalcanti, Tiago & Silva, Peri
- 293-305 Market structure, liquidity, and information based trading at the Prague Stock Exchange
by Nemecek, Libor & Hanousek, Jan
2002, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 107-133 Leading indicators of currency crises for emerging countries
by Burkart, Oliver & Coudert, Virginie
- 135-164 The long-term performance of privatization-related ADR issues
by Bulent Aybar, C.
- 165-178 An empirical analysis of the determinants of the P/E ratio in emerging markets
by Ramcharran, Harri
- 179-193 Further evidence on Asian stock return behavior
by de Groot, Caspar G. M. & Verschoor, Willem F. C.
- 195-210 Credit crunch and shocks to firms: Korean experience under the Asian financial crisis
by Kim, Dong Won & Lee, Young Soo & Park, Kyung Suh
2002, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-30 Robustness of size and value effects in emerging equity markets, 1985-2000
by Barry, Christopher B. & Goldreyer, Elizabeth & Lockwood, Larry & Rodriguez, Mauricio
- 31-50 Predicting bank failures using a hazard model: the Venezuelan banking crisis
by Molina, Carlos A.
- 51-68 A resource perspective on internationalization responses to market liberalization
by Toulan, Omar N.
- 69-83 International portfolio diversification: US and Central European equity markets
by Gilmore, Claire G. & McManus, Ginette M.
- 84-105 Economic determinants of emerging stock market interdependence
by Pretorius, Elna
2001, Volume 2, Issue 4
- 309-329 Predicting returns and changes in real activity: evidence from emerging economies
by Rangvid, Jesper
- 330-370 The valuation of closely-held companies in Latin America
by Pereiro, Luis E.
- 371-386 Foreign investment, regulation and price volatility in South-east Asian stock markets
by Holmes, Phil & Wong, Mei Wa
- 387-417 Intra-day seasonalities on stock returns: evidence from the Turkish Stock Market
by Bildik, Recep
- 418-430 The real exchange rate and the output response in four EU accession countries
by Mills, Terence C. & Pentecost, Eric J.
2001, Volume 2, Issue 3
- 197-217 Country risk, country risk indices and valuation of FDI: a real options approach
by Nordal, Kjell B.
- 218-243 How to reduce inflation: an independent central bank or a currency board? The experience of the Baltic countries
by de Haan, Jakob & Berger, Helge & van Fraassen, Erik
- 244-262 Monetary policy and the yield curve in an emerging market: the Greek case
by Drakos, Konstantinos
- 263-279 Does the inflation rate affect the performance of the stock market? The case of Egypt
by Omran, Mohammed & Pointon, John
- 280-291 Structural change and the bid-ask spread: evidence from the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE)
by Michello, Franklin A.
- 292-308 Efficiency, scale and scope economies in the Ukrainian banking sector in 1998
by Mertens, Alexander & Urga, Giovanni
2001, Volume 2, Issue 2
- 89-108 The corporate governance behavior and market value of Russian firms
by Black, Bernard
- 109-137 Privatisation: politics, institutions, and financial markets
by Bortolotti, Bernardo & Fantini, Marcella & Siniscalco, Domenico
- 138-160 State of corruption in transition: case of the Czech Republic
by Lizal, Lubomir & Kocenda, Evzen
- 161-183 Poland: a successful transition to budget sustainability?
by Green, Christopher J. & Holmes, Mark J. & Kowalski, Tadeusz
- 184-197 Demand uncertainty and the capital-labour ratio in Poland
by Green, Christopher J. & Lensink, Robert & Murinde, Victor
2001, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-16 The development of the GKO futures market in Russia
by Peresetsky, A. & Turmuhambetova, G. & Urga, G.
- 17-33 The profitability of moving average trading rules in South Asian stock markets
by Gunasekarage, Abeyratna & Power, David M.
- 34-49 Is foreign direct investment a safer form of financing?
by Fernandez-Arias, Eduardo & Hausmann, Ricardo
- 50-66 Emerging markets, downside risk and the asset allocation decision
by Stevenson, Simon
- 67-85 The economic factors behind international legal harmonization: a jurimetric analysis of the Latin American experience
by Buscaglia, Edgardo
- 87-87 Corrigendum to ''Before the fall: were East Asian currencies overvalued?'': [Emerging Markets Review 1 (2000) 101-126]
by Chinn, Menzie D.
2000, Volume 1, Issue 3
- 183-198 The fear of globalizing capital markets
by Han Kim, E. & Singal, Vijay
- 199-228 Labor markets in Latin America: a look at the supply-side
by Duryea, Suzanne & Szekely, Miguel
- 229-251 Novelties of financial crises in the 1990s and the search for new indicators
by Bustelo, Pablo
- 252-270 Instability in the dividend policy of the Istanbul Stock Exchange (ISE) corporations: evidence from an emerging market
by Adaoglu, Cahit
- 271-286 On the significance of the incremental returns from hedging international portfolios
by Grandmont-Gariboldi, Nicole & Soenen, Luc
2000, Volume 1, Issue 2
- 101-126 Before the fall: were East Asian currencies overvalued?
by Chinn, Menzie D.
- 127-151 Country and industry factors in returns: evidence from emerging markets' stocks
by Serra, Ana Paula
- 152-164 Simple technical trading rules of stock returns: evidence from 1987 to 1998 in Chile
by Parisi, Franco & Vasquez, Alejandra
- 165-181 Accounting for the Mexican banking crisis
by Desmet, Klaus
2000, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 3-20 Towards a global financial architecture: capital mobility and risk management issues
by Christoffersen, Peter & Errunza, Vihang
- 21-52 The Korean financial crisis: an asymmetric information perspective
by Hahm, Joon-Ho & Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 53-81 Implications of the euro for Latin America's financial and banking systems
by Levy Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico
- 82-100 Real option theories and investment in emerging economies
by Vonnegut, Andrew