European Journal of Operational Research
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Jesus Artalejo
Editor: Jean-Charles. Billaut
Editor: Robert Dyson
Editor: Lorenzo Peccati
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:ejores
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60| 61| 62| 63| 64| 65
1982, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 361-372 The dialectics of analytical and synthetic approaches
by Carvajal, Raul
- 373-378 Predicting the service in the grade distribution in manpower systems
by Vassiliou, P. -C. G.
- 379-394 Starting and stopping rules for simulations using a priori information
by Adlakha, Veena G. & Fishman, George S.
- 395-405 Optimal configuration of telephone answering sites in a service industry
by Weston, Frederick C.
- 406-411 An algorithm for bicriterion linear programming
by Kiziltan, Gulseren & Yucaoglu, Erkut
- 412-411 Production planning with capacity bounds: A modified algorithm
by Luss, Hanan
1982, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 221-228 Optimizing macroeconomic policy: A review of approaches and applications
by Wallenius, Hannele
- 229-228 Editorial
by Brans, J. Pierre
- 230-236 Relationships between decision-making process and study process in OR intervention
by Heurgon, Edith
- 237-243 Ubi Caritas? -- Modelling beliefs about charities
by Smithin, Tim & Sims, David
- 244-249 Aggregation and the design of models for medium-term planning of production
by Boskma, K.
- 250-259 Modelling exploratory research
by Boschi, R. A. A.
- 260-269 Manpower planning procedures for hierarchical manpower systems
by Leeson, Graham W.
- 270-281 Tackling an MCDM-problem with the help of some results from fuzzy set theory
by Carlsson, Christer
- 282-293 Basic concepts for a theory of evaluation: The aggregative operator
by Dombi, J.
- 294-301 Fuzzy clustering algorithms and their cluster validity
by Roubens, Marc
- 302-313 Producer's spatial equilibrium with a fuzzy constraint
by Ponsard, Claude
- 314-324 A way to deal with fuzzy preferences in multi-criteria decision problems
by Siskos, J.
1982, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 125-130 Stochastic programming
by Kall, P.
- 131-143 Applications of the analytic hierarchy process to long range planning processes
by Emshoff, James R. & Saaty, Thomas L.
- 144-150 On the equivalence between the safety first and min-variance criterion for portfolio selection
by Marquez Diez-Canedo, Javier
- 151-164 Assessing a set of additive utility functions for multicriteria decision-making, the UTA method
by Jacquet-Lagreze, E. & Siskos, J.
- 165-172 The Nash solution of a maintenance-production differential game
by Feichtinger, Gustav
- 173-181 Scheduling multi-operational tasks on nonidentical machines as a time-optimal control problem
by Sawik, Tadeusz J.
- 183-189 Parametric integer linear programming: A synthesis of branch and bound with cutting planes
by Rountree, Suzanne L. K. & Gillett, Billy E.
- 190-195 Dynamic versions of set covering type public facility location problems
by Gunawardane, Gamini
- 196-204 A tree search algorithm for the p-median problem
by Christofides, N. & Beasley, J. E.
- 205-209 Generating random vectors uniformly distributed inside and on the surface of different regions
by Rubinstein, R. Y.
1982, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-9 Health operational research -- A selective overview
by Boldy, Duncan P. & O'Kane, P. Ciaran
- 10-11 EURO IV ... Remember
by Brans, J. Pierre
- 12-21 The European O.R. congresses: What are we doing?, Where are we going?
by Tilanus, C. Bernhard
- 22-25 Arrow's theorem is not a surprising result
by Vincke, Philippe
- 26-32 Binary preference indices: A new look on multicriteria aggregation procedures
by Jacquet-Lagreze, E.
- 33-41 Stochastic programming: An interactive multicriteria approach
by Leclercq, J. -P.
- 42-50 Duality and reciprocity for vector programming
by Mazzoleni, Piera
- 51-55 Preference relations on actions and criteria in multicriteria decision making
by Roubens, Marc
- 56-69 Projects ordering with multicriteria analysis
by Martel, Jean M. & d'Avignon, Gilles R.
- 70-76 Critical considerations concerning the multicriteria analysis by the method of Zionts and Wallenius
by de Samblanckx, S. & Depraetere, P. & Muller, H.
- 77-81 Multi-attribute utility theory for measuring safety
by Watson, S. R.
- 82-89 Regional multiple objective quantitative economic policy: a Belgian model
by Despontin, Marc
- 90-99 Algorithms for the m-center problems: A survey
by Halpern, Jonathan & Maimon, Oded
- 100-105 The application of discrete programming to the design of delivery systems in large agglomeration
by Szymanowski, Waclw & Cegiell, Piotr & Prokuratorski, Jerzy
- 106-113 An evaluation of inventory and transportation policies of a regional blood distribution system
by Gregor, Paul J. & Forthofer, Ronald N. & Kapadia, Asha S.
1982, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 321-326 Statistical computing
by Wood, J. T.
- 327-338 "The island": Developing a controlled game for teaching and research
by Bennett, P. G. & Newmark, R. P.
- 339-343 Worst case performance for lot sizing heuristics
by Axsater, Sven
- 344-346 A simple heuristic approach to simplex efficiency
by Ross, Sheldon M.
- 347-352 On the bottleneck linear programming problem
by Seshan, C. R. & Achary, K. K.
- 353-358 A simplex procedure for linear programs with some 0-1 integer constraints
by Chakravarty, A. K.
- 359-368 An improved vertex enumeration algorithm
by Dyer, M. E. & Proll, L. G.
- 369-377 Generalizations of convex and related functions
by Kaul, R. N. & Kaur, Surjeet
- 378-385 An algorithm for the multiple objective integer linear programming problem
by Klein, Dieter & Hannan, Edward
- 386-396 Interactive multiobjective decision making by the sequential proxy optimization technique: SPOT
by Sakawa, Masatoshi
- 397-404 Decision theory and strict ranking of probabilities
by Kmietowicz, Z. W. & Pearman, A. D.
1982, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 213-222 The subjectivist view of decision-making
by Lindley, Dennis V.
- 223-237 Simulating organizational decision making in a regulated industry
by Forgionne, Guisseppi A.
- 238-247 The dynamics of the UK chemical plant investment cycle
by Sharp, J. A.
- 248-256 A standardized frozen meals service for Irish schools
by Macairt, J. & Perros, H. G.
- 257-263 Optimal assignment of broadcasting frequencies
by Baybars, Ilker
- 264-274 On maintenance scheduling of production units
by Escudero, L. F.
- 275-280 Production planning with time-dependent capacity bounds
by Lambert, Anne-Marie & Luss, Hanan
- 281-285 A probabilistic inventory model for deteriorating items with lead time equal to one scheduling period
by Dave, Upendra & Shah, Y. K.
- 286-294 On reducing time spent in M/G/1 systems
by Shanthikumar, J. G.
- 295-308 Efficiency and production rate of a transfer line with two machines and a finite storage buffer
by Berman, Oded
- 309-308 Dominance and optimal location
by White, D. J.
1982, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 105-113 Planning and control in insurance
by van Gelder, Hans
- 114-121 A focussed review of scheduling in services
by Aggarwal, Sumer C.
- 122-132 A study on the structure of planning behaviour
by Matsuda, Takehiko & Hirano, Masaaki
- 133-143 Managing international mining -- a case study in the application of system dynamics to complex, multiple ownership systems
by Wolstenholme, E. F.
- 144-160 A model for the Greek energy system
by Samouilidis, Jesus-Emmanuel & Arabatzi-Ladia, Angela
- 161-167 Managing a marketing reward policy: a study of an implementation in a computer firm
by Chevalier, Alain & Hirsch, Georges
- 168-172 Robust time series analysis
by Snyder, R. D.
- 173-180 Synthesis or selection of forecasting models
by Bunn, D. W. & Kappos, E.
- 181-183 The moments of forward recurrence time
by Coleman, Rodney
- 184-189 On relaxation methods for systems of linear inequalities
by Telgen, Jan
- 190-193 An improvement in the Gavish-Shlifer algorithm for a class of transportation scheduling problems
by White, Gregory P.
- 194-203 A reduced gradient method for quadratic programs with quadratic constraints and lp-constrained lp-approximation problems
by Cole, F. & Ecker, J. G. & Gochet, W.
1982, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-7 Simulation in 1981
by Crookes, J. G.
- 8-16 The E.E.C. and the development of O.R
by Sharp, J. A. & Howard, K.
- 17-22 Aggregation of preferences: a review
by Vincke, Philippe
- 23-25 Discrete search and estimation
by Agrell, Per
- 26-32 Optimal scheduling of income tax prepayments under stochastic incomes
by Louveaux, F.
- 33-40 Optimal maintenance policy and planned sale date for a machine subject to deterioration and random failure
by Virtanen, Ilkka
- 41-46 Optimal deployment of logistic units in dynamic combat conditions
by Dan Levin, K. & Friedman, Yoram
- 47-55 On the optimality of joint ordering policies in a multi-product dynamic lot size model with individual and joint set-up costs
by ter Haseborg, Fokko
- 56-60 Economic order quantity models with nonlinear holding costs
by Weiss, Howard J.
- 61-63 Nonlinear freight costs in the EOQ problem
by Aucamp, Donald C.
- 64-70 A classroom/time assignment model
by Mulvey, John M.
- 71-76 A heuristic procedure for solving the quadratic assignment problem
by Murtagh, B. A. & Jefferson, T. R. & Sornprasit, V.
- 77-82 Probabilistic analysis of solving the assignment problem for the traveling salesman problem
by Panayiotopoulos, J. -C.
- 83-89 A branch and bound algorithm for the symmetric traveling salesman problem based on the 1-tree relaxation
by Volgenant, Ton & Jonker, Roy
- 90-91 A note on product positioning
by Brockhoff, K.
- 92-93 Testing independence of simulation subruns: a note on the power of the Von Neumann test
by Kleijnen, J. P. C. & van der Ven, R. & Sanders, B.
1981, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 315-323 Corporate manpower planning: a review of models
by Purkiss, Clive
- 324-334 A mathematical programming model for optimal service selection in the airline industry
by Balachandran, Bala V. & Jain, Suresh K.
- 335-344 An analytical study of a swapping operation in the money market
by Marquez Diez-Canedo, Javier & Pacreu Vizcaya, Jaime
- 345-354 A simulation model for aircraft sequencing in the near terminal area
by Andreussi, Alberto & Bianco, Lucio & Ricciardelli, Salvatore
- 355-362 A branch and bound algorithm for the acyclic subgraph problem
by Kaas, R.
- 363-368 Estimation of mean and variance of net present value with certain and uncertain project life: a multiperiod CAPM approach
by De, P. K. & Acharya, D. & Sahu, K. C.
- 369-378 A two-cell model of search for an evading target
by Stewart, Theodor J.
- 379-389 A single server queue with platooned arrivals and phase type services
by Neuts, M. F. & Chakravarthy, S.
- 390-398 Optimal control of an M/G/1 queuing system with removable server via diffusion approximation
by Kimura, Toshikazu
1981, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 207-218 Multicriteria analysis: survey and new directions
by Roy, Bernard & Vincke, Philippe
- 219-225 A case for a research based methodology in OR problem solving
by Foster, D. N. & Foster, M. J.
- 226-234 Optimal operation for a bi-fuel thermal power plant by mathematical programming
by Logendran, Rasaratnam & van Oudheusden, Dirk L.
- 235-248 Modelling impact of advertising and optimizing advertising policy: an application in recreation
by Wierenga, Berend
- 249-255 Evaluating the profitability of advertising for heavily advertised brands: an empirical study
by Corstjens, Marcel & Doyle, Peter
- 256-263 Fuzzy team decision problems in a sales organization
by Nojiri, Hideyuki
- 264-269 Estimating parameter values in a continuous simulation model of an industry
by Thillainathan, V. & Price, D. H. R.
- 270-273 A fully polynomial approximation algorithm for the 0-1 knapsack problem
by Magazine, M. J. & Oguz, Osman
- 274-282 Relaxation analysis in linear vectorvalued maximization
by Gal, Tomas & Leberling, Heiner
- 283-288 Irreducibly inconsistent systems of linear inequalities
by van Loon, J. N. M.
- 289-293 Renewal replacement policies for one unit systems
by Zijlstra, Mynt
- 294-300 Optimization of spare parts for hierarchicall decomposable systems
by Kohlas, J. & Pasquier, J.
1981, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 99-114 Energy models for planning and policy assessment
by Rath-Nagel, St. & Voss, A.
- 115-122 How to give away [pound sign]100 million: information for senior decision makers
by Howard, J. V.
- 123-129 Information in the operations research process
by Hildebrandt, Steen
- 130-138 A minting policy for commemorative coins
by Ladany, Shaul P.
- 139-146 A system approach to the optimal health-care districting
by Pezzella, Ferdinando & Bonanno, Roberto & Nicoletti, Bernardo
- 147-151 Markovian decision approach in housing policy
by Nazem, Sufi M. & Guy, Donald C.
- 152-158 Integer resource allocations with the objective function separable into pairs of variables
by Zeitlin, Zeev
- 159-165 An adaptive algorithm for discrete-time differential games
by Kim, D. W. & Bai, D. S.
- 166-174 Computer experiments on quadratic programming algorithms
by Ravindran, A. & Lee, Harvey K.
- 175-183 Optimal policies for inventory models with some specified markets and finite time horizon
by Barbosa, Lineu C. & Friedman, Moshe
- 184-196 Algorithmic methods for multi-server queues with group arrivals and exponential services
by Baily, David E. & Neuts, Marcel F.
1981, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-23 Heuristics and their design: a survey
by Muller-Merbach, Heiner
- 24-30 Scheduling medical students to teaching hospitals
by Lafortune, M. F. & Hosios, A. J. & Rousseau, J. M.
- 31-39 Reducing radiation exposure in nuclear power plants by appropriate maintenance policies
by Gehring, H. & Pachow, U. & Zimmermann, H. -J. & Rokohl, H. J.
- 40-46 Optimal cargo allocation on board a plane: a sequential linear programming approach
by Brosh, Israel
- 47-57 A districting procedure for social organizations
by Minciardi, R. & Puliafito, P. P. & Zoppoli, R.
- 58-65 Goal programming with linear fractional criteria
by Kornbluth, Jonathan S. H. & Steuer, Ralph E.
- 66-75 Rational solution axioms and efficient sets
by White, D. J.
- 76-85 Perishable inventory management subject to stochastic leadtime
by Ishii, Hiroaki & Nose, Toyokazu & Shiode, Shgo & Nishida, Toshio
- 86-87 Improvement of a method of the evaluation of allocations of resources to activities
by Mjelde, K. M.
- 88-87 Letter to the editors
by Bowen, K. C.
- 88-89 Letter to the editors
by Duke, Richard D.
1981, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 317-331 Management science in retailing
by Higgins, J. C.
- 332-340 Consensus of opinion
by French, Simon
- 341-349 Corporate manpower planning
by Verhoeven, Kees J.
- 350-354 A priority queuing model of a hospital pharmacy unit
by Shimshak, Daniel G. & Gropp Damico, Dru & Burden, Hope D.
- 355-361 An analysis of terminal conditions in rolling schedules
by Baker, Kenneth R.
- 362-370 A product positioning model with costs and prices
by Bachem, A. & Simon, H.
- 371-379 A search tree algorithm for plant location problems
by Bartezzaghi, E. & Colorni, A. & Palermo, P. C.
- 380-388 On the choice of step size in subgradient optimization
by Bazaraa, Mokhtar S. & Sherali, Hanif D.
- 389-395 A globally convergent algorithm for exact penalty functions
by Lasserre, J. B.
- 396-402 Isotone optimal policies for structured Markov decision processes
by White, D. J.
1981, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 227-231 Applications of search theory
by Brian Haley, K.
- 232-241 The transfer of systems technology: logistics systems for underdeveloped countries
by Davis, Peter
- 242-248 Decision analysis as a replacement for cost/benefit analysis
by Watson, Stephen R.
- 249-256 A unified EPQ model for packaging two items jointly manufactured through several stages
by Szendrovits, Andrew Z. & Goyal, Suresh K.
- 257-264 Control limit policies for early detection of failure
by Sengupta, Bhaskar
- 265-273 Multiobjective network scheduling with efficient use of renewable and nonrenewable resources
by Slowinski, Roman
- 274-283 A simplex based algorithm for the lexicographically extended linear maxmin problem
by Alois Behringer, Fred
- 284-289 A branch and bound algorithm for minimizing the expected cost of testing coherent systems
by Ben-dov, Yosi
- 290-298 A time minimising transportation problem with quality dependent time
by Achary, K. K. & Seshan, C. R.
- 299-305 Constrained l1 estimation via geometric programming
by Dinkel, John J. & Pfaffenberger, Roger C.
1981, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 101-110 Production planning: a review
by Gelders, Ludo F. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 111-120 Fractional programming: Applications and algorithms
by Schaible, Siegfried
- 121-132 A Lagrangian treatment of certain nonlinear clustering problems
by Stanfel, Larry E.
- 133-142 A pattern recognition approach to judicial decisions (with reference to industrial property controversies)
by Patrizi, Giacomo
- 143-147 A multiple criteria method for choosing among discrete alternatives
by Zionts, Stanley
- 148-160 Scale, protectionism and European integration: the structural dynamics of strategic control in a turbulent field
by Cantley, Mark F.
- 161-168 A variant of the generalized reduced gradient algorithm for non-linear programming and its applications
by Haggag, A. A.
- 169-174 Experience of using a continuous simulation model of the U.K. paper industry for policy assessment
by Price, D. H. R. & Thillainathan, V.
- 175-182 A computer timetabling system for secondary schools in the Netherlands
by de Gans, Onno B.
- 183-190 OR in the firm: an alternative design
by Heurgon, Edith
- 191-195 Some remarks on the application of decision-aids in the public sector
by Rochat, Jean-Claude
- 196-202 Some aspects of integer programming duality
by Walukiewicz, Stanislaw
- 203-212 Some dangerous misconceptions concerning operational research and applied systems analysis
by Tomlinson, Rolfe
1981, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-13 Creativity in problem solving and planning: a review
by Ackoff, Russell L. & Vergara, Elsa
- 14-21 Organisational linkages and O.R. projects
by Lockett, Geoff & Polding, Eileen
- 22-29 An aggregate production planning for a heavy manufacturing industry
by Tang, John C. S. & Adulbhan, Pakorn & Zubair, Tahir
- 30-43 The analysis of some discontinuous decision processes
by Smith, J. Q. & Harrison, P. J. & Zeeman, E. C.
- 44-60 Simple but powerful goal programming models for discriminant problems
by Freed, Ned & Glover, Fred
- 61-66 Irregular gaming areas
by Panayiotopoulos, J. -C.
- 67-76 Optimal planning of network structures within an exchange area
by Claus, A. & Kratzig, S.
- 77-85 Controlling the GI/M/1 queue by conditional acceptance of customers
by Mendelson, Haim & Yechiali, Uri
1981, Volume 6, Issue 4
- 333-339 Development of mathematical models for the Finnish state administration
by Pihlatie, Jorma
- 340-351 Modelling and information systems for senior management in local government: problems and prospects
by Howard, K.
- 352-359 Toward a bipolar theory of risk
by Colson, Gerard
- 360-366 Facilitating problem definition in teams
by Sims, David & Eden, Colin & Jones, Sue
- 367-371 Safety stocks -- an example of theory and practice in O.R
by van der Veen, B.
- 372-379 Construction and selection of quantitative planning models -- a general procedure illustrated with models for stock control
by Schneeweiss, Ch.
- 380-385 Modelling and analysis of a multi-echelon inventory system A case study
by van Beek, Paul
- 386-392 A comparison of SIC and MRP, two methods for material procurement in industry
by Fortuin, Leonard
- 393-398 An optimal assignment of medical graduates to pre-registration jobs
by Shah, A. R.
- 399-409 Predicting the effects of mass-screening for disease -- a simulation approach
by van Oortmarssen, G. J. & Habbema, J. D. F. & Lubbe, J. Th. N. & de Jong, G. A. & van der Maas, P. J.
1981, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 243-247 Assessing problem complexity
by Klein, Jonathan & Cooper, Dale F.
- 248-251 A survey of OR utilization in Greece
by Pappis, Costas P.
- 252-257 Developments in undergraduate education for operational research in the U.K. since 1965
by Muhlemann, Alan P.
- 258-268 Timing of bond investments: success with the expectational band approach
by Schielke, Hugo J. H.
- 269-278 Forecasting the demand for banknotes: some empirical results for the Netherlands
by Fase, M. M. G.
- 279-285 Use of LP in integrated planning -- an application from the Egyptian industry
by Elshafei, Alwalid N. & Elhadidi, Emad E.
- 286-290 Antenna array beam pattern synthesis via goal programming
by Ignizio, James P.
- 291-297 Markov models of two hierarchically graded police manpower systems
by Lesson, Graham W.
- 298-301 Remarks on the requirement matrix of school timetable problems and regular embeddings of graphs
by de Werra, D.
- 302-308 Recursive estimation of the observation and process noise covariances in online Kalman filtering
by Bunn, Derek W.
- 309-314 A stochastic model for the reliability of a power unit with deliberate shutdowns
by Berg, Menachem
- 315-320 A dyadic age-replacement policy for a periodically inspected equipment item subject to random deterioration
by Sivazlian, B. D. & Iyer, Srinivas N.
- 321-320 On the blast furnace problem
by Stengos, D. & Thomas, L. C.