Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Eric S. Maskin
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:ecolet
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2008, Volume 99, Issue 2
- 390-392 Long memory with Markov-Switching GARCH
by Krämer, Walter
- 393-397 Asymptotic bias of GMM and GEL under possible nonstationary spatial dependence
by Iglesias, Emma M. & Phillips, Garry D.A.
- 398-401 Age-specific job flows and worker flows using a national dataset
by Tsou, Meng-Wen & Liu, Jin-Tan
- 402-404 Money on the table: Some evidence on the role of liquidity constraints in 401(k) saving
by Engelhardt, Gary V. & Kumar, Anil
- 405-409 Intergenerational talent transmission, inequality, and social mobility
by Napel, Stefan & Schneider, Andrea
- 410-413 Who chooses to inflation target?
by Gonçalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Carvalho, Alexandre
- 414-417 Untangling supply and demand in occupational choice
by Brown, Sarah & Fry, Tim R.L. & Harris, Mark N.
- 418-420 The perverse response of interest rates
by Boinet, Virginie & Martin, Christopher
2008, Volume 99, Issue 1
- 2-9 Risk aversion, mandatory disclosure and the concealment of information
by Huang, Hui
- 10-13 Equilibrium, convergence, and capital mobility in neoclassical models of growth
by Birchenall, Javier A.
- 14-17 Comparisons of poverty across periods: Significance of distributional effects of prices
by Lyssiotou, Panayiota
- 18-22 Monetary policy and monetary asset substitution
by Jones, Barry E. & Fleissig, Adrian R. & Elger, Thomas & Dutkowsky, Donald H.
- 23-26 Job satisfaction and the gender composition of jobs
by Usui, Emiko
- 27-29 Does political proximity to the U.S. cause terror?
by Dreher, Axel & Gassebner, Martin
- 30-32 A robust modification of the Jarque-Bera test of normality
by Gel, Yulia R. & Gastwirth, Joseph L.
- 33-35 Expectations and chaotic dynamics: Empirical evidence on exchange rates
by Resende, Marcelo & Zeidan, Rodrigo M.
- 36-39 Majority rule or delegation? A normal noise case
by Kitahara, Minoru & Sekiguchi, Yohei
- 40-43 The black market exchange rate vs. the official rate in testing PPP: Which rate fosters the adjustment process?
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Tankui, Altin
- 44-47 Can rejections of weak separability be attributed to random measurement errors in the data?
by Elger, Thomas & Jones, Barry E.
- 48-50 Forecasting with the yield curve; level, slope, and output 1875-1997
by Bordo, Michael D. & Haubrich, Joseph G.
- 51-54 Maximum likelihood estimation of singular systems of equations
by Lai, Hung-pin
- 55-58 Layoffs and lemons over the business cycle
by Nakamura, Emi
- 59-62 Is it protestant tradition or current protestant population that affects corruption?
by Gokcekus, Omer
- 63-66 The fixed effects negative binomial model revisited
by Guimarães, Paulo
- 67-71 Age dynamics and economic growth: Revisiting the nexus in a nonparametric setting
by Azomahou, Théophile & Mishra, Tapas
- 72-74 Income, working hours, and happiness
by Pouwels, Babette & Siegers, Jacques & Vlasblom, Jan Dirk
- 75-78 External market condition and tournaments: Theory and evidence
by Lin, Ming-Jen
- 79-84 The power of asking in volunteering: Evidence from a matched sample
by Yörük, BarIs K.
- 85-88 Explaining the single factor bias of arbitrage pricing models in finite samples
by Harding, Matthew C.
- 89-92 Improved HAC covariance matrix estimation based on forecast errors
by Kuan, Chung-Ming & Hsieh, Yu-Wei
- 93-97 Barriers to exit
by Chong, Alberto & León, Gianmarco
- 98-102 Ethnic and religious diversity and corruption
by Dincer, Oguzhan C.
- 103-106 Cointegration, variance shifts and the limiting distribution of the OLS estimator
by Kourogenis, Nikolaos & Pittis, Nikitas
- 107-110 Semiparametric estimation of a nonstationary panel data transformation model under symmetry
by Zhou, Yahong
- 111-114 A study on the relationship between economic inequality and mobility
by Rodriguez, Juan Prieto & Rodriguez, Juan Gabriel & Salas, Rafael
- 115-118 Unemployment insurance, unemployment durations and re-employment wages
by McCall, Brian & Chi, Wei
- 119-122 Incomplete contracts, the hold-up problem, and asymmetric information
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 123-126 Can immigrant employment alleviate the demographic burden? The role of union centralization
by Kemnitz, Alexander
- 127-130 Malthus revisited: Fertility decision making based on quasi-linear preferences
by Weisdorf, Jacob L.
- 131-133 Short-selling and the WTA-WTP gap
by Shahrabani, Shosh & Shavit, Tal & Benzion, Uri
- 134-138 Systematic small sample bias in two regime SETAR model estimation
by Norman, Stephen
- 139-143 Outward FDI and domestic investment in two industrialized countries
by Herzer, Dierk & Schrooten, Mechthild
- 144-146 Analysis of employment protection laws and unemployment benefits
by Chung, Yoon-Kyung & Jeong, Jinook
- 147-151 On decentralization and life satisfaction
by Bjørnskov, Christian & Drehe, Axel & Fischer, Justina A.V.
- 152-154 Power comparison among tests for fractional unit roots
by Lobato, Ignacio N. & Velasco, Carlos
- 155-158 The comovement in inventories and in sales: Higher and higher
by Herrera, Ana Maria & Murtazashvili, Irina & Pesavento, Elena
- 159-163 Retail sweep programs and monetary asset substitution
by Jones, Barry E. & Fleissig, Adrian R. & Elger, Thomas & Dutkowsky, Donald H.
- 164-167 A gravity model of immigration
by Lewer, Joshua J. & Van den Berg, Hendrik
- 168-171 Price deflators and the estimation of the production function
by Ornaghi, Carmine
- 172-176 New exact ML estimation and inference for a Gaussian MA(1) process
by Vougas, Dimitrios V.
- 177-180 Welfare effects of life annuities: Some clarifications
by Fehr, Hans & Habermann, Christian
- 181-184 Are levels effects important in out-of-sample performance of short rate models?
by Suardi, Sandy
- 185-188 Testing for stochastic explosive root bubbles in Asian emerging stock markets
by Chan, Hing Lin & Woo, Kai-Yin
- 189-191 Asset sales and debt-equity swap under asymmetric information
by Banerji, Sanjay
- 192-196 Testing heterogeneity within the euro area
by Jondeau, Eric & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume
- 197-199 Gender differences in deception
by Dreber, Anna & Johannesson, Magnus
- 200-203 The quality of industrial relations and unemployment around the world
by Feldmann, Horst
- 204-205 An empirical examination of the inventory-theoretic model of precautionary money demand
by Tin, Jan
- 206-208 Costly price discrimination
by Leeson, Peter T. & Sobel, Russell S.
- 209-211 The benefit of efficiency improvement on growth and convergence: A study using Japan panel data
by Yamamura, Eiji & Shin, Inyong
- 212-212 Erratum to "Sunspot fluctuations under zero nominal interest rates" [Economics Letters 97 (2007) 39-45]
by Hirose, Yasuo
- 213-213 Erratum to "A simple rule for assessing tariff and tax incidence" [Economics Letters 93 (2006) 116-120]
by Tokarick, Stephen
2008, Volume 98, Issue 3
- 229-234 The effects of Hurricane Katrina on price pass-through for Gulf Coast gasoline
by Blair, Benjamin F. & Rezek, Jon P.
- 235-239 Human capital and ethnic self-identification of immigrants
by Zimmermann, Laura & Gataullina, Liliya & Constant, Amelie & Zimmermann, Klaus F.
- 240-246 Controlling collusion in auctions: The role of ceilings and reserve prices
by Chowdhury, Prabal Roy
- 247-252 Inflation and inflation uncertainty in Argentina, 1810-2005
by Thornton, John
- 253-258 Forecasting long memory time series when occasional breaks occur
by Bisaglia, Luisa & Gerolimetto, Margherita
- 259-268 Uncertainty and the yield curve
by Hackworth, J.F.
- 269-274 The effect of future income uncertainty in savings decision
by Gomes, Fábio Augusto Reis
- 275-281 Was China the first domino? Revisiting the Asian currency crisis
by Khan, Saleheen & Islam, Faridul
- 282-287 Uncertainty determinants of firm investment
by Baum, Christopher F. & Caglayan, Mustafa & Talavera, Oleksandr
- 288-293 A note on the height-wage differential in the UK - Cross-sectional evidence from the BHPS
by Heineck, Guido
- 294-300 Analyzing time-varying effects of potential output growth shocks
by Özlale, Ümit & Özbek, Levent
- 301-308 The impact of vintage on the persistence of gross domestic product shocks
by Macaro, Christian
- 309-319 Sensitivity of propensity score methods to the specifications
by Zhao, Zhong
- 320-326 Inflation, variability, and the evolution of human capital in a model with transactions costs
by Varvarigos, Dimitrios
- 327-334 Procurement with costly bidding, optimal shortlisting, and rebates
by Fan, Cuihong & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 335-341 The resurrection of the Italian wage curve
by Devicienti, Francesco & Maida, Agata & Pacelli, Lia
- 342-347 Spatial price discrimination and the locations of firms with different product selections or product varieties
by Braid, Ralph M.
- 348-357 Optimal state-contingent unemployment insurance
by Sánchez, Juan M.
2008, Volume 98, Issue 2
- 115-121 Change-point estimation of nonstationary I(d) processes
by Hsu, Yu-Chin & Kuan, Chung-Ming
- 122-128 Firm heterogeneity and firm behavior with conditional policies
by Demidova, Svetlana & Krishna, Kala
- 129-135 Bounded memory, overparameterized forecast rules, and instability
by Georges, Christophre
- 136-143 Impulse saturation break tests
by Santos, Carlos
- 144-147 Poolability and the finance-growth nexus: A cautionary note
by Schiavo, Stefano & Vaona, Andrea
- 148-154 Naive advice when half a million is at stake
by Pogrebna, Ganna
- 155-160 Multinomial probit estimates of college completion at 2-year and 4-year schools
by Jepsen, Christopher
- 161-166 Phillips curve forecasting in a small open economy
by Matheson, Troy D.
- 167-175 The welfare cost of macroeconomic uncertainty in the post-war period
by Issler, Joao Victor & de Mello Franco-Neto, Afonso Arinos & de Carvalho Guillen, Osmani Teixeira
- 176-184 Testing for discrete choice models
by Zheng, Xu
- 185-193 A characterization of invariant tests for identification in linear structural equations
by Forchini, Giovanni
- 194-200 Power law and evolutionary trends in stock markets
by Balakrishnan, P.V. (Sundar) & Miller, James M. & Shankar, S. Gowri
- 201-206 Quantifying spatial misallocation in centrally provided public goods
by Athreya, Siva & Somanathan, Rohini
- 207-212 On the size distribution of business firms
by Growiec, Jakub & Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo & Stanley, H. Eugene
- 213-219 Did state regulation of power plants cause an increase in pollution exportation
by Bellas, Allen S. & Lange, Ian
- 220-228 The predictability of exchange rate volatility
by Raunig, Burkhard
2008, Volume 98, Issue 1
- 2-8 A note on national income in a dynamic economy
by Heal, Geoffrey & Kristrom, Bengt
- 9-15 A note on expanding networks and monopoly pricing
by Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Garcia, Filomena
- 16-22 Stationarity of Asian-Pacific real exchange rates
by Zhou, Su
- 23-28 Endogenous binary choice models with median restrictions: A comment
by Shaikh, Azeem M. & Vytlacil, Edward
- 29-30 A note on fairness, power, property and behind the veil
by Shubik, Martin
- 31-34 Direct estimates of household production
by Hamermesh, Daniel S.
- 35-40 Stock trading and diversification discount
by Liu, Qiao & Qi, Rong
- 41-47 Intertemporal substitution and nonhomothetic preferences
by Okubo, Masakatsu
- 48-58 Restoring monotone power in the CUSUM test
by Andreou, Elena
- 59-65 The two-agent claims-truncated proportional rule has no consistent extension: A constructive proof
by Thomson, William
- 66-70 The Feldstein-Horioka hypothesis versus the long-run solvency constraint model: A critical assessment
by Nell, Kevin S. & Santos, Luis Delfim
- 71-77 Voluntary contributions to a dynamic public good: Experimental evidence
by Noussair, Charles & Soo, Cindy
- 78-83 Ultimatum salary bargaining with real effort
by Garcia-Gallego, Aurora & Georgantzis, Nikolaos & Jaramillo-Gutierrez, Ainhoa
- 84-88 Welfare equivalent NNP and habit formation
by Aronsson, Thomas & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf
- 89-94 A geometric approach to continuous expected utility
by Chatterjee, Kalyan & Krishna, R. Vijay
- 95-99 The incidence of sin taxes
by Kotakorpi, Kaisa
- 100-106 Global and local players in a model of spatial competition
by Loertscher, Simon & Muehlheusser, Gerd
- 107-112 Naked exclusion and the anticompetitive accommodation of entry
by Wright, Julian
2007, Volume 97, Issue 3
- 185-190 A panel bootstrap cointegration test
by Westerlund, Joakim & Edgerton, David L.
- 191-196 Multiple equilibria in a simple asset pricing model
by Walker, Todd B. & Whiteman, Charles H.
- 197-200 Social choice rules implemented in dominant strategies
by Yao, Haixiang & Yi, Jianxin
- 201-207 Information theoretic solutions for correlated bivariate processes
by Cho, Wendy K. Tam & Judge, George G.
- 208-214 Exclusive versus non-exclusive licensing strategies and moral hazard
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 215-221 Possession and discounting behavior
by Slonim, Robert & Carlson, James & Bettinger, Eric
- 222-229 GLS detrending and unit root testing
by Vougas, Dimitrios V.
- 230-234 Relative backwardness, absorptive capacity and knowledge spillovers
by Falvey, Rod & Foster, Neil & Greenaway, David
- 235-239 Chinese stock market cyclical regimes: 1991-2006
by Yan, Wu & Powell, John G. & Shi, Jing & Xu, Wei
- 240-246 Decomposing interregional differentials in productivities: An empirical analysis for Japanese data
by Fukushige, Mototsugu & Ishikawa, Noriko
- 247-252 Real exchange rates and real interest differentials for sectoral data: A dynamic SUR approach
by Kim, Jaebeom
- 253-259 The kernel-location approach: A new non-parametric approach to the analysis of downward nominal wage rigidity in micro data
by Knoppik, Christoph
- 260-266 Optimal simple rules in RE models with risk sensitive preferences
by Zhao, Mingjun
2007, Volume 97, Issue 2
- 91-96 Equilibrium existence and uniqueness in impure public good models
by Kotchen, Matthew J.
- 97-104 Estimating deterministically time-varying variances in regression models
by Kapetanios, George
- 105-110 Asymmetric government transaction policies and currencies substitutability
by Marchesiani, Alessandro & Senesi, Pietro
- 111-117 Modified seasonal unit root test with seasonal level shifts at unknown time
by Popp, Stephan
- 118-123 The Jack-of-All-Trades entrepreneur: Innate talent or acquired skill?
by Silva, Olmo
- 124-127 Monotonicity, implementation and generalized strategy-proofness
by Yi, Jianxin
- 128-132 Are teams prone to myopic loss aversion? An experimental study on individual versus team investment behavior
by Sutter, Matthias
- 133-137 Testing for causality in variance under nonstationarity in variance
by Rodrigues, Paulo M.M. & Rubia, Antonio
- 138-144 Reputation, incomplete information, and differences in patience in repeated games with multiple equilibria
by Hausken, Kjell
- 145-150 Determinants of contract length in franchise contracts
by Vazquez, Luis
- 151-154 Superdictatorial domains for monotonic social choice functions
by Kutlu, Levent
- 155-161 The pluralistic view of politics: Asymmetric lobbyists, ideological uncertainty and political entry
by Martimort, David & Semenov, Aggey
- 162-169 The participant's curse and the perception of unequal treatment
by Roberts, Kevin
- 170-178 International reserves and monetary policy
by Bar-Ilan, Avner & Lederman, Dan
- 179-184 Testing for seasonal unit roots in heterogeneous panels in the presence of cross section dependence
by Otero, Jesus & Smith, Jeremy & Giulietti, Monica
2007, Volume 97, Issue 1
- 1-5 An analysis of reservation wages for the economically inactive
by Blackaby, D.H. & Latreille, P.L. & Murphy, P.D. & O'Leary, N.C. & Sloane, P.J.
- 6-10 Financial development and the opacity of banks
by Wagner, Wolf
- 11-16 Are smoke detectors as effective as the public health literature reports?
by Garbacz, Christopher & Thompson Jr., Herbert G.
- 17-23 Structural change and estimated persistence in the GARCH(1,1)-model
by Kramer, Walter & Azamo, Baudouin Tameze
- 24-31 When do firing taxes matter?
by Fella, Giulio
- 32-38 Some analytics on bias in DSVARs
by Dupaigne, Martial & Feve, Patrick & Matheron, Julien
- 39-45 Sunspot fluctuations ulnder zero nominal interest rates
by Hirose, Yasuo
- 46-51 A note on bootstrapped White's test for heteroskedasticity in regression models
by Ando, Masakazu & Hodoshima, Jiro
- 52-57 Poverty, relative to the ability to eradicate it: An index of poverty reduction failure
by Kanbur, Ravi & Mukherjee, Diganta
- 58-63 Flights towards defection in economic transactions
by Perc, Matjaz
- 64-69 Synergies are a reason to prefer first-price auctions!
by Leufkens, Kasper & Peeters, Ronald
- 70-73 Posterior implementation vs ex-post implementation
by Jehiel, Philippe & Meyer-ter-Vehn, Moritz & Moldovanu, Benny & Zame, William R.
- 74-80 Herding, social preferences and (non-)conformity
by Corazzini, Luca & Greiner, Ben
- 81-86 What motivates and constrains politicians to privatize? The case of China
by Liu, Guy S. & Sun, Pei & Wing Thye Woo
- 86-87 Erratum to "Price discrimination of digital content" [Economics Letters 93 (2006) 421-426]
by Domon, Koji
2007, Volume 96, Issue 3
- 295-300 Robust M tests using kernel-based estimators with bandwidth equal to sample size
by Lee, Wei-Ming
- 301-306 Weak instruments and weak identification, in estimating the effects of education, on democracy
by Bobba, Matteo & Coviello, Decio
- 307-308 Note on optimal predictors of binary response
by Mayer, Walter J. & Wu, Chen
- 309-315 Implementing the wild bootstrap using a two-point distribution
by Davidson, James & Monticini, Andrea & Peel, David
- 316-324 Alternating offers in economic environments
by Houba, Harold
- 325-330 No spurious welfare gains from taxation: A further argument for the equivalent variation
by Robledo, Julio R. & Wagener, Andreas
- 331-336 On the equivalence of quantitative trade restrictions and tariffs
by Dellas, Harris & Fernandes, Ana & Neusser, Klaus
- 337-342 An algorithm for identifying fair and optimal allocations
by Andersson, Tommy
- 343-350 Generalized quasi-geometric discounting
by Young, Eric R.
- 351-356 Sharing and anti-sharing in teams
by Kirstein, Roland & Cooter, Robert D.
- 357-362 A golden rule of depreciation
by Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Zoega, Gylfi
- 363-368 Simple panel unit root tests to detect changes in persistence
by Costantini, Mauro & Gutierrez, Luciano
- 369-374 Additional properties of a linear pen's parade for individual data using the stochastic approach to the Gini index
by Ogwang, Tomson
- 375-380 More efficient estimation of nonparametric panel data models with random effects
by Su, Liangjun & Ullah, Aman
2007, Volume 96, Issue 2
- 153-160 Consumption and Risk with hyperbolic discounting
by Gong, Liutang & Smith, William & Zou, Heng-fu
- 161-167 Congestion-reducing investments and economic welfare in a Hotelling model
by Matsumura, Toshihiro & Matsushima, Noriaki
- 168-176 Habit persistence in consumption and the demand for money
by Lioui, Abraham & Rangvid, Jesper
- 177-182 Does opportunism pay off?
by Veiga, Linda G. & Veiga, Francisco Jose
- 183-188 The impact of the future in games with multiple equilibria
by Hausken, Kjell
- 189-195 IS-LM and the multiplier: A dynamic general equilibrium model
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 196-201 The degree of precautionary saving: A reexamination
by Lee, Jeong-Joon & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 202-208 Worker quality and labor market sorting
by Curme, Michael & Stefanec, Noah
- 209-214 A method for evaluating the excess burden associated with characteristics of the goods
by Bilbao, Amelia & Bilbao, Celia & Labeaga, Jose M.
- 215-220 Testing additive separability
by Fleissig, Adrian R. & Whitney, Gerald A.
- 221-225 Retail buyer power through steering
by Raskovich, Alexander
- 226-231 A note on geometric ergodicity of a multiple threshold AR(1) processes on the boundary region with application to integrated m-m processes
by Lee, O. & Shin, D.W.
- 232-236 Real effort versus chosen effort in experiments
by Bruggen, Alexander & Strobel, Martin
- 237-244 International database on human capital quality
by Altinok, Nadir & Murseli, Hatidje
- 245-252 International Growth Equalization along nonbalanced constant growth paths
by Jin, Yi & Zeng, Zhixiong
- 253-258 Foreign direct investment and indigenous technological efforts: Evidence from China
by Fan, C. Simon & Hu, Yifan
- 259-263 Production function residuals, VAR technology shocks, and hours worked: Evidence from industry data
by Alexius, Annika & Carlsson, Mikael
- 264-268 Does income inequality lead to more crime? A comparison of cross-sectional and time-series analyses of United States counties
by Brush, Jesse
- 269-274 Development and inequality: Evidence from an endogenous switching regression without regime separation
by Chen, Zhuo
- 275-281 Mind your ps and qs! Improving ARMA forecasts with RBC priors
by Lees, Kirdan & Matheson, Troy
- 282-286 A bootstrap-based minimum bias maximum simulated likelihood estimator of Mixed Logit
by Tsagkanos, Athanasios G.
- 287-292 Mixed oligopoly, privatization, subsidization, and the order of firms' moves: Several types of objectives
by Kato, Kazuhiko & Tomaru, Yoshihiro
- 292-293 Erratum to "Microeconomic uncertainties facilitate cooperative alliances and social welfare" [Economics Letters 95 (2007) 104-109]
by Perc, Matjaz
- 292-294 Erratum to "Transparency and prices with imperfect substitutes" [Economics Letters 93 (2006) 398-404]
by Boone, Jan & Potters, Jan
2007, Volume 96, Issue 1
- 1-7 Interest deductibility under default risk and the unfavorable tax treatment of investment costs: A simple explanation
by Panteghini, Paolo M.
- 8-13 How far ahead do people plan?
by Hey, John D. & Knoll, Julia A.
- 14-22 Asymmetric information and stock return cross-autocorrelations
by Bernhardt, Dan & Mahani, Reza S.
- 23-29 The dynamically extended Keynesian cross and the welfare-improving fiscal policy
by Otaki, Masayuki
- 30-37 Tentative evidence of tax foresight
by Yang, Shu-Chun Susan