Economics of Education Review
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:ecoedu
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2004, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 605-614 But can she cook? Women's education and housework productivity
by Sharp, David C. & Heath, Julia A. & Smith, William T. & Knowlton, David S.
- 615-631 Gender-based wage differentials in a predominantly female profession: observations from nursing
by Jones, Cheryl Bland & Gates, Michael
- 633-643 Disentangling the effect of education on emergency department utilization
by Dismuke, Clara E. & Kunz, F. Jr
- 645-653 Students' expectations of the economic returns to college education: results of a controlled experiment
by Botelho, Anabela & Pinto, Ligia Costa
- 655-661 A reexamination of the effect of big-time football and basketball success on graduation rates and alumni giving rates
by Tucker, Irvin B.
- 663-667 Blocking student performance in high school?
by Hughes, Woodrow Jr
2004, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 459-471 Come and stay a while: does financial aid effect retention conditioned on enrollment at a large public university?
by Singell, Larry Jr.
- 473-482 A test of the sorting model of education in Australia
by Miller, Paul W. & Mulvey, Charles & Martin, Nick
- 483-495 Do parental cash transfers weaken performance in college?
by Bodvarsson, Orn B. & Walker, Rosemary L.
- 497-506 The effect of public and private competition on high school outputs in New York State
by Greene, Kenneth V. & Kang, Byung-Goo
- 507-518 The academic quality of public school teachers: an analysis of entry and exit behavior
by Podgursky, Michael & Monroe, Ryan & Watson, Donald
- 519-531 The evolution of the graduation-publication process
by Liu, Haoming & Park, Cheolsung
- 533-546 "No significant distance" between face-to-face and online instruction: evidence from principles of economics
by Coates, Dennis & Humphreys, Brad R. & Kane, John & Vachris, Michelle A.
- 547-548 Higher education in developing countries: peril and promise: The Task Force on Higher Education and Society. Washington, D.C.: The World Bank, 2000, 135 pp. Price: $20.00 (paper)
by Hosni, Djehane
2004, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 315-315 Preface to special issue in honor of Lewis C. Solmon
by Cohn, Elchanan
- 317-317 Introduction to special issue in honor of Lewis C. Solmon
by Psacharopoulos, George
- 319-319 A reminiscence on Lew Solmon
by Krueger, Alan B.
- 321-321 One memory of Lew
by Levin, Henry
- 323-338 Putting computerized instruction to the test: a randomized evaluation of a "scientifically based" reading program
by Rouse, Cecilia Elena & Krueger, Alan B.
- 339-349 The devil's in the details: evidence from the GED on large effects of small differences in high stakes exams
by Tyler, John H. & Murnane, Richard J. & Willett, John B.
- 351-360 Should high school economics courses be compulsory?
by Belfield, Clive R. & Levin, Henry M.
- 361-379 Educational attainment: analysis by immigrant generation
by Chiswick, Barry R. & DebBurman, Noyna
- 381-402 The impacts of career-technical education on high school labor market success
by Bishop, John H. & Mane, Ferran
- 403-410 The economics and politics of cost sharing in higher education: comparative perspectives
by Johnstone, D. Bruce
- 411-430 Paying for high- and low-quality teaching
by Schacter, John & Thum, Yeow Meng
- 431-440 Can parents choose the best schools for their children?
by Bast, Joseph L. & Walberg, Herbert J.
- 441-452 International education quality
by Heyneman, Stephen P.
2004, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 213-219 Siblings and gender differences in African-American college attendance
by Loury, Linda Datcher
- 221-235 Basic skills and the earnings of dropouts
by Tyler, John H.
- 237-247 Can effective teacher behavior be identified?
by Bonesronning, Hans
- 249-257 The effects of local colleges on the quality of college attended
by Do, Chau
- 259-271 Do charter schools skim students or drain resources?
by Dee, Thomas S. & Fu, Helen
- 273-286 Changing returns to education in times of prosperity and crisis, Thailand 1985-1998
by Hawley, Joshua D.
- 287-299 The scholastic progress of students with entrepreneurial parents
by Davila, Alberto & Mora, Marie T.
- 301-314 The inequality implications of highly selective promotion practices
by Mete, Cem
2004, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 103-113 Can students predict starting salaries? Yes!
by Webbink, Dinand & Hartog, Joop
- 115-131 Advanced Placement: do minorities have equal opportunity?
by Klopfenstein, Kristin
- 133-141 Adolescent marijuana use and school attendance
by Roebuck, M. Christopher & French, Michael T. & Dennis, Michael L.
- 143-151 Do school inspections improve school quality? Ofsted inspections and school examination results in the UK
by Rosenthal, Leslie
- 153-165 Anomalies in economics enrollment: 1991-1992 to 1995-1996
by Lombardi, Waldo & Ramrattan, Lall B. & Szenberg, Michael
- 167-175 Factors affecting initial enrollment intensity: part-time versus full-time enrollment
by Stratton, Leslie S. & O'Toole, Dennis M. & Wetzel, James N.
- 177-189 Tuition discounting without tears
by Martin, Robert E.
- 191-202 Research spillovers among European and North-American economics departments
by Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Savvides, Andreas & Stengos, Thanasis
- 203-208 Seeking every advantage: the phenomenon of taking both the SAT and ACT
by Thomas, M. Kathleen
- 209-210 Beyond college for all: career paths for the forgotten half: by James Rosenbaum. New York, NY: Russell Sage Foundation, 2001, pp. 300. Price $29.95 (cloth)
by Robst, John
2004, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-9 The determinants of parental effort in education production: do parents respond to changes in class size?
by Bonesronning, Hans
- 11-28 Analyzing the success of student transitions from 2- to 4-year institutions within a state
by Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Smith, Christopher L.
- 29-45 The overqualified Canadian graduate: the role of the academic program in the incidence, persistence, and economic returns to overqualification
by Frenette, Marc
- 47-55 Does education at all levels cause growth? India, a case study
by Self, Sharmistha & Grabowski, Richard
- 57-65 Cost, quality and enrollment demand at liberal arts colleges
by Buss, Christian & Parker, Jeffrey & Rivenburg, Jon
- 67-74 Budgetary allocations and efficiency in the human resources policy of a university following multiple criteria
by Caballero, Rafael & Galache, Teodoro & Gomez, Trinidad & Molina, Julian & Torrico, Angel
- 75-83 Education and earnings growth: evidence from 11 European countries
by Brunello, Giorgio & Comi, Simona
- 85-94 Federal contributions to high-income school districts: the use of tax deductions for funding K-12 education
by Loeb, Susanna & Socias, Miguel
- 95-102 The effect of community colleges on changing students' educational aspirations
by Leigh, Duane E. & Gill, Andrew M.
2003, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 547-560 The effective use of student time: a stochastic frontier production function case study
by Dolton, Peter & Marcenaro, Oscar D. & Navarro, Lucia
- 561-566 Smoking, discount rates, and returns to education
by Fersterer, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 567-580 Family background, school enrollments and wastage: evidence from Arab countries
by AL-Qudsi, Sulayman S.
- 581-589 Firm-related training tracks: a random effects ordered probit model
by Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriette Maassen
- 591-601 Endowment spending rates, intergenerational equity and the sources of capital gains
by Woglom, Geoffrey
- 603-609 The changing quality of business education
by Mason, Paul M. & Steagall, Jeffrey W. & Fabritius, Michael M.
- 611-620 Demand for private supplementary tutoring: conceptual considerations, and socio-economic patterns in Hong Kong
by Bray, Mark & Kwok, Percy
- 621-629 Overeducation in the labor market: a comment and re-analysis of a meta-analysis
by Rubb, S.
- 631-634 Comment on estimating school efficiency
by Ruggiero, John
- 635-638 Response to comment on estimating school efficiency
by Bifulco, Robert & Bretschneider, Stuart
- 639-640 Rejoinder
by Ruggiero, John
- 641-643 Charters, Vouchers, and Public Education: edited by Paul E. Peterson and David E. Campbell, Washington, DC: The Brookings Institution, 2001, 322 pp., US$19.00 (paperback)
by Kim, Sunwoong
- 643-644 A Notion at Risk: Edited by Richard D. Kahlenberg. New York, NY: A Century Foundation Book. 2000. pp. x+356. Price: $15.95 (paper)
by Rivkin, Steven G.
- 644-645 Reallocating Resources: How to Boost Student Achievement Without Asking for More: By Allan Odden and Sarah Archibald. Corwin Press, Thousand Oaks, CA., 2001. Pages, viii + 106. Price, $21.95 (paper), $47.95 (library ed.)
by Frey, Donald E.
- 645-646 Market Education: The Unknown History: Andrew J. Coulson. New Brunswick, USA: Social Philosophy and Policy Center and Transaction Publishers. 1999. pp. 471. Price $24.95 (paper)
by Adnett, Nick
- 646-647 Education, Training and Employment Dynamics. Transitional Labour Markets in the European Union: Edited by Klaus Schomann and Philip J. O'Connell. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar. 2002. pp. xi+388. Price $125.00 (cloth)
by van Ham, Maarten
- 647-648 Repay As You Earn: The Flawed Government Program to Help Students Have Public Service Careers: Phillip G. Schrag, Westport, Connecticut: Bergin & Garvey Publishing, 2002, pp xiv + 156, Price US$55.00 (Cloth)
by Cooper, Sam
- 648-649 Financing a college education: how it works, how it's changing: Edited by Jacqueline E. King. Westport, CT: Oryx Press. 1999. pp. xix+216, Price $34.95 (paper)
by St. John, Edward P.
- 649-649 The costs and financing of education: trends and policy implications: Mark Bray (Ed.), Hong Kong: Asian Development Bank and Comparative Education Research Centre, University of Hong Kong, 2002. pp. viii + 77, Price: $12.00 (paper)
by Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi
- 650-650 The global market for higher education: sustainable competitive strategies for the new millennium: Tim Mazzarol and Geoffrey Norman Soutar, Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2001. pp. vii+200, Price US $65 (hard cover)
by Ram, Rati
- 651-652 Improving educational productivity: Edited by David H. Monk, Herbert J. Walberg, and Margaret C. Wang. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing, 2001. pp. 243. Price: $63.95 (paper)
by Wassmer, Robert W.
- 652-653 Working in the twenty-first century: policies for economic growth through training, opportunity, and education: David I. Levine. Armonk, New York: M.E. Sharpe, 1998 286pp. Price: US$36.95
by Leonard, W. Patrick
- 653-654 Education and national development: priorities, policies, and planning: By Don Adams; Education in Developing Asia, Vol. 1, Mark Bray (Ed.) Asian Development Bank, Manila, Philippines, and Comparative Education Research Centre, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2002, pp. vi+81. Price: US$12.00 (paper)
by Ng, Ying Chu
- 650-651 Managing vocational training systems: a handbook for senior administrators: By Vladimir Gasskov. Geneva, Switzerland: International Labour Office, 2000. Pp. Xiv + 278. Price: $34.95 (paper)
by Mane, Ferran
2003, Volume 22, Issue 5
- 449-449 Foreword to special issue in honour of George Psacharopoulos
by Cohn, Elchanan
- 451-454 Curious George: the enduring Psacharopoulos legacy on the economics of education in developing countries
by Jimenez, Emmanuel & Patrinos, Harry Anthony
- 455-467 On the mechanics of progress in primary education
by Mingat, Alain & Tan, Jee-Peng
- 469-480 The complementarity of language and other human capital: immigrant earnings in Canada
by Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W.
- 481-502 Efficiency and equity in schools around the world
by Hanushek, Eric A. & Luque, Javier A.
- 503-510 Education and earnings in a transition economy: the case of Vietnam
by Moock, Peter R. & Patrinos, Harry Anthony & Venkataraman, Meera
- 511-521 Numeracy, literacy and earnings: evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth
by Dougherty, Christopher
- 523-536 Child labor and school enrollment in Thailand in the 1990s
by Tzannatos, Zafiris
2003, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 343-352 The impact of grading standards on student achievement, educational attainment, and entry-level earnings
by Betts, Julian R. & Grogger, Jeff
- 353-366 The early employment and further education experiences of high school dropouts: a comparative study of the United States and Australia
by Rumberger, Russell W. & Lamb, Stephen P.
- 367-377 The supply of public school quality
by Brasington, D. M.
- 379-388 Determinants of school enrollment and completion of 10 to 18 year olds in China
by Connelly, Rachel & Zheng, Zhenzhen
- 389-394 Overeducation: a short or long run phenomenon for individuals?
by Rubb, Stephen
- 395-407 School quality and the distribution of male earnings in Canada
by Bedard, Kelly
- 409-420 The effects of state policies, individual characteristics, family characteristics, and neighbourhood characteristics on grade repetition in the United States
by Corman, H.
- 421-432 Can vocational education improve the wages of minorities and disadvantaged groups?: The case of Israel
by Neuman, Shoshana & Ziderman, Adrian
- 433-438 The cost of specialized human capital
by Perri, T. J.
- 439-443 Costs of asynchronous distance ventures
by Rothkopf, Ernst Z.
- 445-446 Education and earning in Europe: Edited by Colm Harmon, Ian Walker, and Niels Westergaard-Nielson. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2001. ix+332 pp. Price: $95.00 (hardback)
by Blackburn, M. L.
- 446-447 Meritocracy and Economic Inequality: Edited by Kenneth Arrow, Samuel Bowles, and Steven Durlauf. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2000. pp. xv + 348. Price $21.95 (paper)
by Owen, John D.
2003, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 223-235 The sources and uses of annual giving at selective private research universities and liberal arts colleges
by Ehrenberg, R. G. & Smith, C. L.
- 237-247 Who benefits from a GED? Evidence for females from High School and Beyond
by Tyler, John H. & Murnane, Richard J. & Willett, John B.
- 249-264 Measuring the determinants of school completion in Pakistan: analysis of censoring and selection bias
by Holmes, Jessica
- 265-274 Design, evaluation, and sustainability of private schools for the poor: the Pakistan urban and rural fellowship school experiments
by Alderman, Harold & Kim, Jooseop & Orazem, Peter F.
- 275-284 A study of the impact of public school spending on postsecondary educational attainment using statewide school district refinancing in Kansas
by Deke, John
- 285-289 Technology adoption and labor training under uncertainty
by Gander, James P.
- 291-305 Does cost of schooling affect enrollment by the poor? Universal primary education in Uganda
by Deininger, Klaus
- 307-315 A new twist in the educational tracking debate
by Zimmer, Ron
- 317-328 Economic transition and returns to education in China
by Li, Haizheng
- 329-335 School resources and student achievement revisited: new evidence from panel data
by Hakkinen, Iida & Kirjavainen, Tanja & Uusitalo, Roope
- 337-338 The Emerging Markets and Higher Education: Development and Sustainability: RoutledgeFalmer Studies in Higher Education, Volume 24. Edited by Matthew S. McMullen, James E. Mauch, and Bob Donnorummo. New York: RoutledgeFalmer, 2000. Price: $75.00 (cloth)
by Plank, David N.
- 338-339 World Employment Report 2001: Life at Work in the Information Economy: Geneva: International Labour Office, 2001. pp. xv+371. $34.95 (paper)
by Weber, William L.
- 339-340 Dollars, Distance, and Online Education: The New Economics of College Teaching and Learning: Martin J. Finkelstein, Carol Frances, Frank I. Jewett and Bernhard Scholz (Editors). Phoenix, AZ: The Oryx Press for The American Council of Education, 2000. xvii + 373pp. Price $39.95 (hardback)
by Roth, Andrew P.
- 340-341 School Choice and Social Controversy: Politics, Policy and Law: S.D. Sugarman and F.R. Kenerer (Eds.); Washington, DC; Brookings Institution Press. 1999. pp. viii + 378. Price $19.95 (paper)
by Brasington, David M.
2003, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 109-120 Alumni giving to elite private colleges and universities
by Clotfelter, C. T.
- 121-130 Patterns of giving to one's alma mater among young graduates from selective institutions
by Monks, James
- 131-141 Peer effects on student achievement: evidence from Chile
by McEwan, Patrick J.
- 143-156 Education and earnings: a multilevel analysis: A case study of the manufacturing sector in Iran
by Naderi, A. & Mace, J.
- 157-166 Fast track or failure: a study of the graduation and dropout rates of Ph D students in economics
by van Ours, J. C. & Ridder, G.
- 167-178 The effects of parents' psychiatric disorders on children's high school dropout
by Farahati, F. & Marcotte, D. E. & Wilcox-Gok, V.
- 179-192 Earning differences by major field of study: evidence from three cohorts of recent Canadian graduates
by Finnie, Ross & Frenette, Marc
- 193-201 School district size and student performance
by Driscoll, Donna & Halcoussis, Dennis & Svorny, Shirley
- 203-212 The education and wages of immigrant children: the impact of age at arrival
by Gonzalez, Arturo
- 213-220 Education, technical progress, and economic growth: the case of Taiwan
by Lin, T. -C.
- 221-221 Oversold and underused: computers in the classroom: Larry Cuban. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press: 2001. 250 pp. Price $ 27.95 (cloth)
by Leonard, W. P.
- 222-222 Revitalizing federal education research and development: improving the R&D centers, regional educational laboratories, and the "new" OERI: Maris A. Vinovskis. University of Michigan Press, USA, 2001, pp. xv + 273 Price $54.50 Cloth
by Leonard, W. P.
2003, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-10 Minimum wages and skill acquisition: another look at schooling effects
by Neumark, David & Wascher, William
- 11-21 Minimum wages and school enrollment of teenagers: a look at the 1990's
by Chaplin, Duncan D. & Turner, Mark D. & Pape, Andreas D.
- 23-30 Do community colleges really divert students from earning bachelor's degrees?
by Leigh, D. E. & Gill, A. M.
- 31-43 Wage and test score dispersion: some international evidence
by Bedard, Kelly & Ferrall, Christopher
- 45-57 Why have public university professors done so badly?
by Zoghi, Cindy
- 59-67 Perceptions of female faculty treatment in higher education: which institutions treat women more fairly?
by Robst, John & VanGilder, Jennifer & Polachek, Solomon
- 69-78 Intradistrict equity of public education resources and performance
by Iatarola, P. & Stiefel, L.
- 79-88 A comparison of initial and early life course earnings of the German secondary education and training system
by Cooke, L. P.
- 89-97 The efficiency of Australian universities: a data envelopment analysis
by Abbott, M. & Doucouliagos, C.
- 99-107 Vocational education in Thailand: a study of choice and returns
by Moenjak, Thammarak & Worswick, Christopher
2002, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 523-541 Education and poverty in rural China
by Brown, Philip H. & Park, Albert
- 543-556 How do young people choose college majors?
by Montmarquette, Claude & Cannings, Kathy & Mahseredjian, Sophie
- 557-577 Determinants of salary growth in Shenzhen, China: an analysis of formal education, on-the-job training, and adult education with a three-level model
by Xiao, Jin
- 579-588 The effects of school quality on income
by Wilson, Kathryn
- 589-598 Where the boys aren't: non-cognitive skills, returns to school and the gender gap in higher education
by Jacob, Brian A.
- 599-607 The effect of block scheduling high school mathematics courses on student achievement and teachers' use of time: implications for educational productivity
by Rice, Jennifer King & Croninger, Robert G. & Roellke, Christopher F.
- 609-622 Changes in returns to education in India, 1983-94: by gender, age-cohort and location
by Duraisamy, P.
- 623-633 Free-education in Sri Lanka. Does it eliminate the family effect?
by Ranasinghe, Athula & Hartog, Joop
- 635-640 Absolute risk aversion and the returns to education
by Brunello, Giorgio
- 641-642 Privatizing Education: Can the Marketplace Deliver Choice, Efficiency, Equity, and Social Cohesion?: Henry M. Levin (Ed.), Cambridge, MA: Westview Press, 2001, pp. xii + 359, index, Price $35.00 (paper)
by Getz, M.
- 642-643 Improving the Odds: Increasing the Effectiveness of Publicly Funded Training: Burt S. Barnow and Christopher T. King (Eds.). Washington, DC: The Urban Institute Press, 2000. pp. xviii + 363 Price $24.00 paperback
by Robst, J.
- 643-644 Cost-effectiveness analysis, 2nd Edition: Henry M. Levin and Patrick J. McEwan. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc., 2001. xx + 308 pp. Price: $32.95 (hardback)
by Brent, Brian O.
- 644-645 The migration of knowledge workers: second-generation effects of India's brain drain: Binod Khadria. New Delhi: Sage Publications, 1999. pp. 240. Price: [UK pound]27.50 (cloth)
by Carvajal, Manuel J.
- 645-646 The states and public higher education policy: affordability, access, and accountability: Edited by Donald E. Heller. Baltimore, MD: The John Hopkins University Press, 2001. pp. ix+271. Price: $38.00 (cloth)
by Brown, William O.
- 646-648 Catholic schools: private and social effects: William Sander. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001, xiv + 138 pages. Price $100.00 (hardback)
by Lee, V. E.
2002, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 401-414 Learning and earning in the middle, part II: state and local studies of pre-baccalaureate education
by Grubb, W. Norton
- 415-429 Is a broader curriculum better?
by Dolton, P. J. & Vignoles, A.
- 431-443 Does the choice of university matter?: a study of the differences across UK universities in life sciences students' degree performance
by Bratti, Massimiliano
- 445-454 Merit, need, and student self selection: is there discretion in the packaging of aid at a large public university?
by Singell Jr., Larry D.
- 455-470 Determinants of school attainment of boys and girls in Turkey: individual, household and community factors
by Tansel, Aysit
- 471-480 A nested logit model of the choice of a graduate business school
by Montgomery, Mark
- 481-489 On the dynamics of quality student enrollment at institutions of higher education
by Mayer-Foulkes, David
- 491-496 Hedonic wage equations for higher education faculty
by Graves, Philip E. & Marchand, James R. & Sexton, Robert L.
- 497-512 Student loans in Canada: an analysis of borrowing and repayment
by Schwartz, S. & Finnie, R.
- 513-521 Growth and educational levels: a comparative analysis
by Petrakis, P. E. & Stamatakis, D.
2002, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 299-321 Learning and earning in the middle, part I: national studies of pre-baccalaureate education
by Grubb, W. Norton
- 323-330 Market-based reforms of public schooling: some unpleasant dynamics
by Adnett, Nick & Bougheas, Spiros & Davies, Peter
- 331-340 Intergenerational mobility, sibling inequality and borrowing constraints
by Gaviria, Alejandro
- 341-351 Public university in Argentina: subsidizing the rich?
by Gonzalez Rozada, Martin & Menendez, Alicia
- 353-365 Staying-on at school at 16: the impact of labor market conditions in Spain
by Petrongolo, Barbara & San Segundo, Maria J.
- 367-380 Financing student loans in Thailand: revolving fund or open-ended commitment?
by Ziderman, Adrian
- 381-392 Immigrant status, race, and institutional choice in higher education
by Hagy, Alison P. & Staniec, J. Farley Ordovensky
- 393-394 All together now: creating middle-class schools through public choice: Richard D. Kahlenberg. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Press. 2001. pp. xviii+379. Price: $29.95 (cloth)
by Binder, Melissa
- 394-395 Book review: Youth unemployment and employment policy: a global perspective: Niall O'Higgins. Geneva: International Labour Office, 2001. pp. xii+212. Price: 27.50 Swiss Francs (paper)
by Lassibille, Gerard
- 395-395 The price of admission: rethinking how Americans pay for college: Thomas J. Kane. Washington, D.C.: Brookings Institution Press, 1999. ix+164 pp. Price: US $36.95 (hardback), $15.95 (paperback)
by DesJardins, Stephen L.
- 396-397 The market approach to education: an analysis of America's first voucher program: John F. Witte. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 2000. pp. xiv+221. Price $ 29.95 (hardback)
by Mulligan, James G.
- 397-398 R&D, education and productivity: a retrospective: Zvi Griliches. Cambridge Massachusetts, Harvard University Press, 2000. 127 pp., Price: $39.95, (hardback)
by McMahon, Walter W.
- 398-399 Land-grant universities and extension into the 21st century: renegotiating or abandoning a social contract: George R. McDowell. Ames, IA: Iowa State University Press, 2001, pp. xviii + 214. Price $ 59.95 (hardback)
by Cooper, Samuel
- 399-400 Conflicting missions? Teachers unions and educational reform: Tom Loveless (Ed.). Washington, DC: Brookings Institution, 2000. pp. vi + 328. Price: $44.95 (cloth), $18.95 (paper)
by Frey, Donald E.
2002, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 195-210 Estimating the return to investments in education: how useful is the standard Mincer equation?
by Bjorklund, Anders & Kjellstrom, Christian
- 211-219 Model uncertainty and race and gender heterogeneity in the college entry decision
by Tobias, Justin L.
- 221-229 Educational mismatch and wages: a panel analysis
by Bauer, Thomas K.
- 231-243 Schooling, basic skills and economic outcomes
by Ishikawa, Mamoru & Ryan, Daniel
- 245-262 Revisiting economies of size in American education: are we any closer to a consensus?
by Andrews, Matthew & Duncombe, William & Yinger, John
- 263-275 The effects of overeducation on productivity in Germany -- the firms' viewpoint
by Buchel, Felix
- 277-286 The demand for higher education: Pennsylvania's nonresident tuition experience
by Noorbakhsh, Abbas & Culp, David
- 287-294 The underdetermination of instructor performance by data from the student evaluation of teaching
by Sproule, Robert
- 295-296 Economic Principles for Education: Theory and Evidence: Clive R. Belfield, Edward Elgar Publishing, Inc., Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA, 2000, pp. x + 252, Price $90.00 cloth
by Cohn, E.
- 296-297 Myth, reality, and reform: higher education policy in Latin America: Claudio De Moura Castro and Daniel C. Levy; Inter-American Development Bank, Washington, D.C., 2000, pp. vi+116, price US $19.95 paperback
by Hosni, Djehane
- 297-297 High School Career Academies. A Pathway to Educational Reform in Urban School Districts?: Nan L. Maxwell and Victor Rubin, W.E. Upjohn Institute: Kalamazoo, Michigan, 2000. pp. ix + 237 Price $15.00 paperback
by Belfield, C.
2002, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 101-110 Financial resources, regulation, and enrollment in US public higher education
by Berger, Mark C. & Kostal, Thomas
- 111-124 An analysis of the application and enrollment processes for in-state and out-of-state students at a large public university
by Curs, Bradley & Singell, Larry Jr.
- 125-136 Tuition discounting: theory and evidence
by Martin, Robert E.
- 137-152 High school career academies and post-secondary outcomes
by Maxwell, Nan L. & Rubin, Victor
- 153-169 Higher education planning and the wages of workers with higher education in Taiwan
by Gindling, T. H. & Sun, Way
- 171-184 Children from disrupted families as adults: family structure, college attendance and college completion
by Ver Ploeg, Michele
- 187-187 Returns to Human Capital in Europe: A Literature Review: Edited by Rita Asplund and Pedro Telhado Pereira. Helsinki: ETLA, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, 1999, p. 368. Price: 250 FIM (paper)
by Groot, Wim
- 189-189 The Roles of Evaluation for Vocational Education and Training: Plain Talk on the Field of Dreams: W. Norton Grubb and Paul Ryan; International Labour Office, Geneva, Switzerland, 1999, pp. v+195, Price $18.95 paperback
by Mane, F.
- 191-192 Public Provision and Performance: Contributions from Efficiency and Productivity Measurement: Jos L.T. Blank (Ed.); Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 2000, pp. v+412. Price $95 cloth
by Zimmer, Ron W. & Brewer, Dominic J.
- 192-194 The Overeducated Worker? The Economics of Skill Utilization: Lex Borghans and Andries de Grip (Eds); Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK 2000, pp. xvi+260, Price US$90.00 cloth
by Hartog, J.
- 189-191 Tuition Rising: Why College Costs So Much: Ronald G. Ehrenberg, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2000, pp. x+322, Price U.S.$39.95 cloth
by Cooper, Samuel
- 187-188 When Schools Compete: A Cautionary Tale: Edward B. Fiske and Helen F. Ladd; Brookings Institution Press, Washington, DC, 2000, pp. vii+342, Price $47.95 cloth
by Rouse, C. E.
2002, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-17 Implementing value-added measures of school effectiveness: getting the incentives right
by Ladd, Helen F. & Walsh, Randall P.
- 19-27 Does employer-financed general training pay? Evidence from the US Navy
by Garcia, Federico & Arkes, Jeremy & Trost, Robert
- 29-42 Critical mass in the production of Ph.D.s: a multi-disciplinary study
by Scott, Frank & Anstine, Jeff
- 43-52 Can education expenditures reduce income inequality?
by Sylwester, Kevin