Children and Youth Services Review
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:cysrev
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2006, Volume 28, Issue 10
- 1195-1212 Understanding maternal intentions to engage in home visiting programs
by McCurdy, Karen & Daro, Deborah & Anisfeld, Elizabeth & Katzev, Aphra & Keim, Ann & LeCroy, Craig & McAfee, Courtney & Nelson, Carnot & Falconnier, Lydia & McGuigan, William M. & Park, Jennifer K. & Sandy, James & Winje, Carolyn
- 1213-1228 Does the child welfare system serve the neediest kinship care families?
by Swann, Christopher A. & Sylvester, Michelle Sheran
- 1229-1250 Does it pay to participate? Neighborhood-based organizations and the social development of urban adolescents
by Quane, James M. & Rankin, Bruce H.
- 1251-1261 Child health and academic achievement among former head start children
by Spernak, Stephanie M. & Schottenbauer, Michele A. & Ramey, Sharon L. & Ramey, Craig T.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 9
- 993-1006 Investigating the effects of caseworker characteristics in child welfare
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Garnier, Philip & Zyphur, Michael & Zhai, Fuhua
- 1007-1023 From start to finish: The duration of Hispanic children in out-of home placements
by Church II, Wesley T.
- 1024-1038 Factors favoring psychological resilience among fostered young people
by Legault, Louise & Anawati, Michelle & Flynn, Robert
- 1039-1059 Maternal work schedules and child outcomes: Evidence from the National Survey of American Families
by Han, Wen-Jui
- 1060-1073 Adolescents' approach toward children rights: Comparison between Jewish and Palestinian children from Israel and the Palestinian Authority
by Khoury-Kassabri, Mona & Haj-Yahia, Muhammad M. & Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 1074-1087 Integrated services for families with multiple problems: Obstacles to family reunification
by Marsh, Jeanne C. & Ryan, Joseph P. & Choi, Sam & Testa, Mark F.
- 1088-1101 Troubled youth in transition: An evaluation of Connecticut's special services for individuals aging out of adolescent mental health programs
by Styron, Thomas H. & O'Connell, Maria & Smalley, William & Rau, Douglas & Shahar, Golan & Sells, David & Frey, Jennifer & Davidson, Larry
- 1102-1123 Are certain preschoolers at risk in the era of welfare reform? The moderating role of children's temperament
by Li-Grining, Christine P. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth & Bachman, Heather J. & Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay
- 1124-1132 Post-battle skirmish in the risk assessment wars: Rebuttal to the response of Baumann and colleagues to criticism of their paper, "Evaluating the effectiveness of actuarial risk assessment models"
by Johnson, Will
2006, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 867-887 Validation of the child behavior checklist for guardians of unaccompanied refugee minors
by Bean, Tammy & Mooijart, Ab & Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth & Spinhoven, Philip
- 888-905 The history of child protection in the African American community: Implications for current child welfare policies
by Jimenez, Jillian
- 906-926 What do university students who will work professionally with children know about maltreatment and mandated reporting?
by Smith, Maureen
- 927-940 Child care for low-income school-age children: Disability and family structure effects in a national sample
by Parish, Susan L. & Cloud, Jennifer M.
- 941-960 Welfare reform and child welfare outcomes: A multiple-cohort study
by Wells, Kathleen & Guo, Shenyang
- 961-975 Assets, parental expectations and involvement, and children's educational performance
by Zhan, Min
- 976-992 `Every Child Matters': The shift to prevention whilst strengthening protection in children's services in England
by Parton, Nigel
2006, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 727-740 Attachment and caregiving behavioral systems in intercountry adoption: A literature review
by Roberson, Kendra C.
- 741-760 The meaning of permanency in child welfare: Multiple stakeholder perspectives
by Freundlich, Madelyn & Avery, Rosemary Jane & Munson, Sara & Gerstenzang, Sarah
- 761-779 Externalizing behavior disorders in child welfare settings: Definition, prevalence, and implications for assessment and treatment
by Keil, Vivien & Price, Joseph M.
- 780-798 Leaving foster care--the influence of child and case characteristics on foster care exit rates
by Connell, Christian M. & Katz, Karol H. & Saunders, Leon & Tebes, Jacob Kraemer
- 799-811 Is the study of the "State of our children" changing? Re-visiting after 5 years
by Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 812-824 Effective intervention in child protective services: Learning from parents
by Palmer, Sally & Maiter, Sarah & Manji, Shehenaz
- 825-840 Adoption satisfaction among African-American families adopting African-American children
by Smith-McKeever, Chedgzsey
- 841-852 Is survival the fittest? A post hoc evaluation of event history estimations in an experimental design
by Shlonsky, Aron & Festinger, Trudy & Brookhart, M. Alan
2006, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 595-609 Children's access to four medical services: Impact of welfare policies, social structural factors, and family resources
by Cheng, Tyrone
- 610-619 Balancing act: Child welfare and overindulgence
by Ogilvie, A. Myrth
- 620-637 Supporting battered women and their children: Perspectives of battered mothers and child welfare professionals
by Shim, Woochan S. & Haight, Wendy L.
- 638-653 Educating future practitioners of social work and law: Exploring the origins of inter-professional misunderstanding
by Taylor, Sarah
- 654-672 Clinical work with antisocial behaviour in boys: Narrative interviews with clinical teams in Swedish child- and adolescent psychiatry
by Enebrink, Pia & Cederborg, Ann-Christin & Carlqvist, Monica Ryd & Gumpert, Clara H.
- 673-681 Stress, marital satisfaction, and child care provision by mothers of adolescent mothers: Considerations to make when providing services
by Culp, Anne McDonald & Culp, Rex E. & Noland, Deena & Anderson, Julius W.
- 682-703 Justice, therapeutic and hybrids and implications for children's rights: A review of state policy
by Bollenbacher, Vicky & Sakagawa, Taina
- 704-714 The risk assessment wars: A commentary: Response to "Evaluating the effectiveness of actuarial risk assessment models" by Donald Baumann, J. Randolph Law, Janess Sheets, Grant Reid, and J. Christopher Graham, Children and Youth Services Review, 27, pp. 465-490
by Johnson, Will
- 715-725 Remarks concerning the importance of evaluating actuarial risk assessment models: A rejoinder to Will Johnson
by Baumann, Donald J. & Law, J. Randolph & Sheets, Janess & Reid, Grant & Graham, J. Christopher
2006, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 473-486 Functional impairment among preschoolers using mental health services
by Warner, Lynn A. & Pottick, Kathleen J.
- 487-510 Adolescent adoption: Success despite challenges
by Wright, Lois & Flynn, Cynthia C.
- 511-534 Conditions for resolving controversies between social actors in domestic violence and youth protection services: Toward innovative collaborative practices
by Lessard, Genevieve & Lavergne, Chantal & Chamberland, Claire & Damant, Dominique & Turcotte, Daniel
- 535-547 Korean institutionalized adolescents' attributions of success and failure in interpersonal relations and perceived loneliness
by Han, Eugene & Choi, Naya
- 548-577 Why do they leave? Modeling child welfare workers' turnover intentions
by Mor Barak, Michalle E. & Levin, Amy & Nissly, Jan A. & Lane, Christianne J.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 357-383 Propensity score matching strategies for evaluating substance abuse services for child welfare clients
by Guo, Shenyang & Barth, Richard P. & Gibbons, Claire
- 384-395 Adjustment of international adoptees: Implications for practice and a future research agenda
by Mohanty, Jayashree & Newhill, Christina
- 396-421 Parental and familial characteristics used in the selection of foster families
by Orme, John G. & Buehler, Cheryl & Rhodes, Kathryn W. & Cox, Mary Ellen & McSurdy, Michael & Cuddeback, Gary
- 422-434 Young people aging out of care: The poverty of theory
by Stein, Mike
- 435-446 Between two systems: Children in TANF child-only cases with relative caregivers
by Gibbs, Deborah & Kasten, Jennifer & Bir, Anupa & Duncan, Dean & Hoover, Sonja
- 447-457 Methodological critique and meta-analysis as Trojan horse
by Henggeler, Scott W. & Schoenwald, Sonja K. & Borduin, Charles M. & Swenson, Cynthia C.
- 458-472 The case for Multisystemic Therapy: Evidence or orthodoxy?
by Littell, Julia H.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 235-259 Employment experiences of homeless young adults: Are they different for youth with a history of foster care?
by Lenz-Rashid, Sonja
- 260-274 Trouble on the journey home: Reunification failures in foster care
by Miller, Keith A. & Fisher, Philip A. & Fetrow, Becky & Jordan, Kathy
- 275-291 Satisfaction of contract provider agencies with a State's Child Welfare Agency
by Barton, William H. & Folaron, Gail & Busch, Monique & Hostetter, Carol
- 292-305 Permanency for children: An organizational analysis of first year start-up issues in a child welfare managed care organization
by Lawrence-Webb, Claudia & Field, Tracey & Harrington, Donna
- 306-324 In the eye of the beholder: The role of reporters in bringing families to the attention of child protective services
by McDaniel, Marla
- 325-345 Review of a community-based youth counselling service in Ireland
by Lalor, Kevin & O'Dwyer, Sinead & McCrann, Denis
2006, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 113-132 Impact of the Adoption and Safe Families Act on youth and their families: Perspectives of foster care providers, youth with emotional disorders, service providers, and judges
by Humphrey, Kristen R. & Turnbull, Ann P. & Turnbull III, H. Rutherford
- 133-157 Functioning of Israeli group-homes alumni: Exploring gender differences and in-care correlates
by Schiff, Miriam & Benbenishty, Rami
- 158-179 Children living out-of-home: Effects of family and environmental characteristics
by Berger, Lawrence M.
- 180-192 Including parents, foster parents and parenting caregivers in the assessments and interventions of young children placed in the foster care system
by Robertson, Anne S.
- 193-211 Saving and asset accumulation among low-income families with children in IDAs
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Wagner, Kristen & Ssewamala, Fred M.
- 212-226 Interstate compact--a resource for meeting the needs of children: Implications for service delivery and policy development
by Lawrence-Webb, Claudia & Cornelius, Llewellyn J.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-19 Challenging foster caregiver-maltreated child relationships: The effectiveness of parent-child interaction therapy
by Timmer, Susan G. & Urquiza, Anthony J. & Zebell, Nancy
- 20-46 An Ojibwe perspective on the welfare of children: Lessons of the past and visions for the future
by Hand, Carol A.
- 47-58 Balancing reunification and reentry goals
by McDonald, Tom & Bryson, Stephanie & Poertner, John
- 59-77 Former Stockholm child protection cases as young adults: Do outcomes differ between those that received services and those that did not?
by Vinnerljung, Bo & Sundell, Knut & Lofholm, Cecilia Andree & Humlesjo, Eva
- 78-95 Concurrent planning in public child welfare agencies: Oxymoron or work in progress?
by D'Andrade, Amy & Frame, Laura & Duerr Berrick, Jill
2005, Volume 27, Issue 12
- 1259-1278 Parents in substance abuse treatment: Implications for child welfare practice
by Marsh, Jeanne C. & Cao, Dingcai
- 1279-1292 Maybe ignorance is not always bliss: The disparate treatment of Hispanics within the child welfare system
by Church II, Wesley T. & Gross, Emma R. & Baldwin, Joshua
- 1293-1306 Child safety at reunification: A case-control study of maltreatment recurrence following return home from substitute care
by Fuller, Tamara L.
- 1307-1323 Focus on the first years: Correlates of substantiation of child maltreatment for families with children 0 to 4
by Scannapieco, Maria & Connell-Carrick, Kelli
- 1325-1328 Response to Thomas Morton in Children and Youth Services Review (Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 609-611, 2004), regarding Puddy and Jackson's "The Development of Parenting Skills in Foster Parent Training" (Children and Youth Services Review Vol. 25, No. 12, pp. 987-1013, 2003)
by Puddy, Richard W. & Jackson, Yo
2005, Volume 27, Issue 11
- 1163-1166 The changing lens of research on family violence and child welfare
by Kelleher, Kelly J. & Barth, Richard P. & Edleson, Jeffrey L.
- 1167-1182 Domestic violence and pathways into child welfare services: Findings from the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-Being
by Kohl, Patricia L. & Edleson, Jeffrey L. & English, Diana J. & Barth, Richard P.
- 1183-1201 Domestic violence in one state's child protective caseload: A study of differential case dispositions and outcomes
by English, Diana J. & Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Herrick, Mary E.
- 1203-1221 Child welfare as a gateway to domestic violence services
by Kohl, Patricia L. & Barth, Richard P. & Hazen, Andrea L. & Landsverk, John A.
- 1223-1242 Intimate partner violence as a risk factor for children's use of the emergency room and injuries
by Casanueva, Cecilia & Foshee, Vangie A. & Barth, Richard P.
- 1243-1258 Overview of the children and domestic violence services study
by Smith, Kevin C. & Kelleher, Kelly J. & Barth, Richard P. & Coben, Jeffrey H. & Hazen, Andrea L. & Connelly, Cynthia D. & Rolls, Jennifer A.
2005, Volume 27, Issue 10
- 1071-1083 Need for and actual use of mental health service by adolescents in the child welfare system
by Shin, Sunny Hyucksun
- 1085-1118 The economic self-sufficiency of Wisconsin's former foster youth
by Dworsky, Amy
- 1119-1148 Which low-income parents select child-care?: Family demand and neighborhood organizations
by Hirshberg, Diane & Huang, Danny Shih-Cheng & Fuller, Bruce
- 1149-1162 Youth participation in public policy at the municipal level
by Checkoway, Barry & Allison, Tanene & Montoya, Colleen
2005, Volume 27, Issue 9
- 979-994 Factors relating to self-identification among bullying victims
by Theriot, Matthew T. & Dulmus, Catherine N. & Sowers, Karen M. & Johnson, Toni K.
- 995-1010 Crisis nurseries: Important services in a system of care for families and children
by Cole, Susan A. & Wehrmann, Kathryn Conley & Dewar, Ginny & Swinford, Laura
- 1011-1029 Kinship care connection: A school-based intervention for kinship caregivers and the children in their care
by Strozier, Anne & McGrew, LaSandra & Krisman, Kerry & Smith, Aaron
- 1031-1044 A comparison of family functioning in gay/lesbian, heterosexual and special needs adoptions
by Leung, Patrick & Erich, Stephen & Kanenberg, Heather
- 1045-1059 Working with adolescents at risk of out of home care: The effectiveness of specialist teams
by Biehal, Nina
2005, Volume 27, Issue 8
- 865-880 Professionalizing child welfare: An evaluation of a clinical consultation model for supervisors
by Strand, Virginia C. & Badger, Lee
- 881-904 Young caregivers of mothers with HIV: Need for supports
by Keigher, Sharon & Zabler, Bev & Robinson, Nicole & Fernandez, Angela & Stevens, Patricia E.
- 905-919 Child care, disability, and family structure: Use and quality in a population-based sample of low-income preschool children
by Parish, Susan L. & Cloud, Jennifer M. & Huh, Jungwon & Henning, Ashley N.
- 921-930 Initial internal consistency evidence on the Daniel Memorial Independent Living Assessment: A research note
by Georgiades, Savvas
- 931-948 Training, transfer, and turnover: Exploring the relationship among transfer of learning factors and staff retention in child welfare
by Curry, Dale & McCarragher, Timothy & Dellmann-Jenkins, Mary
- 949-971 "In these bleak days": Parent methamphetamine abuse and child welfare in the rural Midwest
by Haight, Wendy & Jacobsen, Teresa & Black, James & Kingery, Linda & Sheridan, Kathryn & Mulder, Cray
2005, Volume 27, Issue 7
- 693-695 Siblings in Foster Care
by Shlonsky, Aron & Elkins, Jennifer & Bellamy, Jennifer & Ashare, Caryn J.
- 697-716 The other kin: Setting the course for research, policy, and practice with siblings in foster care
by Shlonsky, Aron & Bellamy, Jennifer & Elkins, Jennifer & Ashare, Caryn J.
- 717-739 Sibling placement in foster care and adoption: An overview of international research
by Hegar, Rebecca L.
- 741-763 Sibling placements in longitudinal perspective
by Wulczyn, Fred & Zimmerman, Emily
- 765-782 The ties that bind II: Reunification for siblings in out-of-home care using a statistical technique for examining non-independent observations
by Webster, Daniel & Shlonsky, Aron & Shaw, Terry & Brookhart, M. Alan
- 783-791 Using administrative child welfare data to identify sibling groups
by Lery, Bridgette & Shaw, Terry V. & Magruder, Joseph
- 793-819 Separation from siblings: Associations with placement adaptation and outcomes among adolescents in long-term foster care
by Leathers, Sonya J.
- 821-843 The mental health and socialization of siblings in care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael & Hazell, Philip
- 845-861 Sibling connections: The importance of nurturing sibling bonds in the foster care system
by Herrick, Mary Anne & Piccus, Wendy
2005, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 577-593 Informed decisions in child welfare: The use of attachment theory
by Mennen, Ferol E. & O'Keefe, Maura
- 595-614 True ambivalence: Child welfare workers' thoughts, feelings, and beliefs about kinship foster care
by Peters, Jay
- 615-635 Evaluating family preservation services: Reframing the question of effectiveness
by Bagdasaryan, Sofya
- 637-652 Analyzing grouped data with hierarchical linear modeling
by Guo, Shenyang
- 653-666 Reforming the child welfare system: Competing paradigms of change
by Cohen, Burton J.
- 667-682 Predicting and responding to physical abuse in young children using NCANDS
by Palusci, Vincent J. & Smith, Elliott G. & Paneth, Nigel
2005, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 465-490 Evaluating the effectiveness of actuarial risk assessment models
by Baumann, Donald J. & Law, J. Randolph & Sheets, Janess & Reid, Grant & Graham, J. Christopher
- 491-498 The new politics of community-based governance requires a fundamental shift in the nature and character of the administrative bureaucracy
by Bellefeuille, Gerard
- 499-509 The effectiveness of Families First services: An experimental study
by Lewis, Robert E.
- 511-531 Patterns of foster care service delivery
by Unrau, Yvonne A. & Wells, Michael A.
- 533-546 Childhood out-of-home placement and dynamics of public shelter utilization among young homeless adults
by Min Park, Jung & Metraux, Stephen & Culhane, Dennis P.
- 547-559 Observed violence, abuse, and risk behaviors in juvenile correctional facilities: Comparison of inmate and staff reports
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha
2005, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 347-352 Decision making in child welfare: Errors and their context
by Gambrill, Eileen D.
- 353-374 Investigating child maltreatment in out-of-home care: Barriers to effective decision-making
by DePanfilis, Diane & Girvin, Heather
- 375-391 Improving practice: Child protection as a systems problem
by Munro, Eileen
- 393-407 Examining decision errors in child protection: A new application of root cause analysis
by Rzepnicki, Tina L. & Johnson, Penny R.
- 409-427 The next step: Integrating actuarial risk assessment and clinical judgment into an evidence-based practice framework in CPS case management
by Shlonsky, Aron & Wagner, Dennis
- 429-444 Assessing parenting capacity in a child welfare context
by Budd, Karen S.
- 445-463 Lessons from a systematic review of effects of multisystemic therapy
by Littell, Julia H.
2005, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 227-249 Child maltreatment and juvenile delinquency: Investigating the role of placement and placement instability
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Testa, Mark F.
- 251-270 From foster care to young adulthood: The role of independent living programs in supporting successful transitions
by Lemon, Kathy & Hines, Alice M. & Merdinger, Joan
- 271-289 Effectiveness of federal incentives in shaping child support enforcement outcomes
by Cassetty, Judith H. & Hutson, Royce
- 291-308 Community and informal social support for recipients of child protective services
by Manji, Shehenaz & Maiter, Sarah & Palmer, Sally
- 309-327 Foster parent perceptions of placement needs for children with a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
by Brown, Jason D. & Sigvaldason, Nadine & Bednar, Lisa M.
- 329-340 Children's adjustment to long-term foster care
by Barber, James & Delfabbro, Paul
2005, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 115-134 Planning for permanency for youth in congregate care
by Freundlich, Madelyn & Avery, Rosemary J.
- 135-152 Assessing emotional readiness for adoption using the transtheoretical model
by Prochaska, Janice M. & Paiva, Andrea L. & Padula, Julie A. & Prochaska, James O. & Montgomery, Jennifer E. & Hageman, Linda & Bergart, Ann M.
- 153-169 Job retention in child welfare: Effects of perceived organizational support, supervisor support, and intrinsic job value
by Smith, Brenda D.
- 171-195 Major life events and the risk of a child maltreatment investigation
by McDaniel, Marla & Slack, Kristen Shook
- 197-212 The 3-5-7 Model: preparing children for permanency
by Henry, Darla L.
- 213-225 Risk assessments: empirically supported or values driven?
by Ryan, Scott & Wiles, Debra & Cash, Scottye & Siebert, Carl
2005, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-20 Fifteen-month follow-up of children at risk: Comparison of the quality of life of children removed from home and children remaining at home
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha
- 21-38 Informal support in maltreating families: Its effect on parenting practices
by Lyons, Sandra J. & Henly, Julia R. & Schuerman, John R.
- 39-50 The course and correlates of mental health care received by young children: Descriptive data from a longitudinal urban high-risk sample
by Thompson, Richard
- 51-66 Perceived school environments, perceived discrimination, and school performance among children of Mexican immigrants
by Stone, Susan & Han, Meekyung
- 67-84 Vulnerability of children of incarcerated addict mothers: Implications for preventive intervention
by Hanlon, Thomas E. & Blatchley, Robert J. & Bennett-Sears, Terry & O'Grady, Kevin E. & Rose, Marc & Callaman, Jason M.
- 85-98 Effects of childhood foster care and adoption on adulthood childbearing
by Schmitz, Mark F.
- 99-114 A dynamic analysis of the well-being of WIC recipients and eligible non-recipients
by Gundersen, Craig
2004, Volume 26, Issue 12
- 1117-1127 Effectiveness of citizen review panels
by Jones, Blake L.
- 1129-1139 Children with serious emotional disturbance: the impact of poverty and receipt of public assistance on behavior, functioning, and service use
by Gyamfi, Phyllis
- 1141-1154 Unintended consequences of the push for accountability: the case of national child welfare performance standards
by Courtney, Mark E. & Needell, Barbara & Wulczyn, Fred
- 1155-1173 Children at risk: rationales for risk assessments and interventions
by Osmo, Rujla & Benbenishty, Rami
- 1175-1192 Complexity, conflict and uncertainty: Issues in collaboration between child protection and mental health services
by Darlington, Yvonne & Feeney, Judith A. & Rixon, Kylie
- 1193-1192 Corrigendum to "A spatial analysis of social disorganization, alcohol access, and rates of child maltreatment in neighborhoods" [Chilren and Youth Services Review 26 (2004) 803-819]
by Freisthler, Bridget
2004, Volume 26, Issue 11
- 999-1005 Advances in child welfare: Innovations in child protection, adoptions and foster care
by Lindsey, Duncan & Schwartz, Ira M.
- 1007-1020 New strategies to promote the adoption of older children out of foster care
by Burrell Cowan, Alyssa
- 1021-1031 Putting teeth into ASFA: The need for statutory minimum standards
by Robinson Lowry, Marcia
- 1033-1049 Privatizing adoption and foster care: Applying auction and market solutions
by Blackstone, Erwin A. & Buck, Andrew J. & Hakim, Simon
- 1051-1065 Enhancing services to youths leaving foster care: Analysis of recent legislation and its potential impact
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth
- 1067-1080 Violence in the family: Policy and practice disparities in the treatment of children
by Cowan, Alyssa Burrell & Schwartz, Ira M.
- 1081-1095 Computational intelligence techniques for risk assessment and decision support
by Schwartz, David R. & Kaufman, Adam B. & Schwartz, Ira M.
- 1097-1113 Evidence-based treatments in child abuse and neglect
by Chaffin, Mark & Friedrich, Bill
2004, Volume 26, Issue 10
- 897-917 Beyond `stages of change:' using readiness for change and caregiver-reported problems to identify meaningful subgroups in a child welfare sample
by Girvin, Heather
- 919-939 Welfare reform and the child welfare system
by Waldfogel, Jane
- 941-964 Child care as family support: caregiving practices across child care providers
by Bromer, Juliet & Henly, Julia R.
- 965-979 Ethnic/racial matching of clients and social workers in public child welfare
by Perry, Robin & Limb, Gordon E.
- 981-997 Ecological factors and screening in child protective services
by Wells, Susan J. & Lyons, Peter & Doueck, Howard J. & Brown, C. Hendricks & Thomas, Judy
2004, Volume 26, Issue 9
- 803-819 A spatial analysis of social disorganization, alcohol access, and rates of child maltreatment in neighborhoods
by Freisthler, Bridget
- 821-836 `For reasons of poverty': court challenges to child welfare practices and mandated programs
by Keegan Eamon, Mary & Kopels, Sandra
- 837-852 Understanding fatal assault of children: a typology and explanatory theory
by Lawrence, Ruth
- 853-871 Street children of Bombay: their stresses and strategies of coping
by Kombarakaran, Francis A.
- 873-883 A simpler way to understand the results of risk assessment instruments
by Munro, Eileen
- 885-896 Parental functioning and preschool outcomes: a multivariate analysis of a maltreating and a control group
by Hall, Sharon K. & Hanagriff, Lanelle & Hensley, Julie A. & Fuqua, Norma W.
2004, Volume 26, Issue 8
- 687-696 A current review of adoption research: exploring individual differences in adjustment
by Wilson, Samantha L.
- 697-710 Child care services in the JOBS program
by Hagen, Jan L.
- 711-723 Out-of-home placement for young children with developmental and medical conditions
by Rosenberg, Steven A. & Robinson, Cordelia C.
- 725-748 Income, family structure, and child maltreatment risk
by Berger, Lawrence M.
- 749-769 The role of maternal educational aspirations in mediating the risk of income source on academic failure in children from persistently poor families
by De Civita, Mirella & Pagani, Linda & Vitaro, Frank & Tremblay, Richard E.
- 771-783 The role of contract design in privatization of child welfare services: the Kansas experience
by Unruh, Jennifer K. & Hodgkin, Dominic
- 785-801 Economic deprivation and child well-being: a state-by-state analysis
by Ozawa, Martha N. & Joo, Myungkook & Kim, Jeounghee
2004, Volume 26, Issue 7
- 613-621 Kinship foster care: filling the gaps in theory, research, and practice
by Iglehart, Alfreda P.
- 623-639 Kinship family foster care: a methodological and substantive synthesis of research
by Cuddeback, Gary S.
- 641-656 Developing a network of support for relative caregivers
by Strozier, Anne L. & Elrod, Brent & Beiler, Pam & Smith, Aaron & Carter, Kate
- 657-671 Kith and kin care: parental attitudes and resources of foster and relative caregivers
by Harden, Brenda Jones & Clyman, Robert B. & Kriebel, Dawn K. & Lyons, Mary E.
- 673-686 The long-term emotional and physical wellbeing of women who have lived in kinship care
by Carpenter, Sara C. & Clyman, Robert B.
2004, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 507-527 Factors related to the disproportionate involvement of children of color in the child welfare system: a review and emerging themes
by Hines, Alice M & Lemon, Kathy & Wyatt, Paige & Merdinger, Joan
- 529-536 Family resources and children's academic performance
by Kim, Hak-Ju
- 537-560 Health and social services for pregnant and parenting high risk teens
by Sarri, Rosemary & Phillips, Anna
- 561-576 Re-visioning risk assessment for human service decision making
by Schwalbe, Craig
- 577-590 The role of welfare and work in predicting foster care reunification rates for children of welfare recipients
by Kortenkamp, Katherine & Geen, Rob & Stagner, Matthew
- 591-607 Brief encounters: children in shelter for 7 days or less
by Wattenberg, Esther & Luke, Katherine & Cornelius, Molly
2004, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 427-446 African American children in the child welfare and kinship system: from exclusion to over inclusion
by Smith, Carrie Jefferson & Devore, Wynetta
- 447-461 Race, ethnicity, and case outcomes in child protective services
by Lu, Yuhwa Eva & Landsverk, John & Ellis-Macleod, Elissa & Newton, Rae & Ganger, William & Johnson, Ivory
- 463-480 Women in detoxification: loss of guardianship of their children
by Schilling, Robert & Mares, Alvin & El-Bassel, Nabila
- 481-487 Female sexual abusers of children
by Boroughs, Deborah S.
- 489-505 Fathers of infants born to adolescent mothers: a comparison with non-parenting male peers and adolescent mothers
by Thompson, Stacy D. & Jasper Crase, Sedahlia
2004, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 331-346 Predictors of post-traumatic distress in child welfare workers: a linear structural equation model
by Regehr, Cheryl & Hemsworth, David & Leslie, Bruce & Howe, Phillip & Chau, Shirley
- 347-372 Matching family problems with specific family preservation services: a study of service effectiveness
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Schuerman, John R.
- 373-392 Severe domestic violence and child maltreatment: considering child physical abuse, neglect, and failure to protect
by Hartley, Carolyn C.
- 393-411 Openness in adoption: retrospective lessons and prospective choices
by Sullivan, Richard & Lathrop, Ellie
- 413-425 Preparing adolescents for immigration: a group intervention
by Mirsky, Julia
2004, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 235-248 Time dependence and unmeasured heterogeneity in administrative data analysis: application to adoption photolisting services data
by Avery, Rosemary J. & Butler, J. S.
- 249-263 Impact of intensive family support programs: a synthesis of evaluation studies
by Dagenais, Christian & Begin, Jean & Bouchard, Camil & Fortin, Daniel
- 265-285 Teaming up: collaboration between welfare and child welfare agencies since welfare reform
by Ehrle, Jennifer & Andrews Scarcella, Cynthia & Geen, Robert
- 287-305 Grandmothers as kinship caregivers: private arrangements compared to public child welfare oversight
by Goodman, Catherine Chase & Potts, Marilyn & Pasztor, Eileen Mayers & Scorzo, Dolores
- 307-329 Parental and familial characteristics of family foster care applicants
by Orme, John G. & Buehler, Cheryl & McSurdy, Michael & Rhodes, Kathryn W. & Ellen Cox, Mary & Patterson, David A.
2004, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 121-141 Children's living arrangements from a social policy implementation perspective
by Jagannathan, Radha
- 143-171 `You have to push it--who's gonna raise your kids?': situating child care and child care subsidy use in the daily routines of lower income families
by Lowe, Edward D. & Weisner, Thomas S.
- 173-184 The link between childhood and adult abuse among long-term welfare recipients
by Derr, Michelle K. & Taylor, Mary Jane