Children and Youth Services Review
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:cysrev
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2009, Volume 31, Issue 12
- 1229-1239 Ambiguous loss of home: The experience of familial (im)permanence among young adults with foster care backgrounds
by Samuels, Gina Miranda
- 1240-1250 Contextual pathways to Latino child welfare involvement: A theoretical model located in the intersections of place, culture, and socio-structural factors
by Garcia, Antonio
- 1251-1257 Analysis of factors involved in the social inclusion process of young people fostered in residential care institutions
by Sala Roca, Josefina & Jariot García, Mercè & Villalba Biarnés, Andreu & Rodríguez, Montserrat
- 1258-1263 Pacific Islander American students: Caught between a rock and a hard place?
by Vakalahi, Halaevalu F. Ofahengaue
- 1264-1271 The racial divide among American children in poverty: Reassessing the importance of neighborhood
by Drake, Brett & Rank, Mark R.
- 1272-1282 A bioecological analysis of risk and protective factors associated with early sexual intercourse of young adolescents
by Jordahl, Tina & Lohman, Brenda J.
- 1283-1288 Street children and their helpers: An actor-oriented approach
by Turnbull, Bernardo & Hernández, Raquel & Reyes, Miguel
- 1289-1297 Context-specific mental health services for children in foster care
by Leathers, Sonya J. & Atkins, Marc S. & Spielfogel, Jill E. & McMeel, Lorri S. & Wesley, Julia M. & Davis, Rafe
- 1298-1306 Predictors of running away from out-of-home care
by Courtney, Mark E. & Zinn, Andrew
- 1307-1313 Beyond the norm: Extraordinary relationships in youth mentoring
by Pedersen, Paula J. & Woolum, Sandy & Gagne, Blair & Coleman, Matthew
- 1314-1320 Adolescent pregnancy prevention: Choosing an effective program that fits
by Harris, Mary Beth & Allgood, Jane G.
- 1321-1329 Community factors influencing the prevalence of homeless youth services
by Esparza, Nicole
- 1330-1336 A multivariate analysis of training, education, and readiness for public child welfare practice
by Franke, Todd & Bagdasaryan, Sofya & Furman, Walter
- 1337-1345 Examining families' perceptions of intensive in-home services: A mixed methods study
by Lietz, Cynthia A.
- 1346-1351 The prevention of child maltreatment recidivism through the Solution-Based Casework model of child welfare practice
by Antle, Becky F. & Barbee, Anita P. & Christensen, Dana N. & Sullivan, Dana J.
2009, Volume 31, Issue 11
- 1147-1149 Cultural competence and evidence-based practice: Best friends, strangers, or arch rivals?
by Wells, Susan J. & Briggs, Harold E.
- 1150-1159 Disproportionality in education and employment outcomes of adult foster care alumni
by Harris, Marian S. & Jackson, Lovie J. & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter J.
- 1160-1171 Bias, racism and evidence-based practice: The case for more focused development of the child welfare evidence base
by Wells, Susan J. & Merritt, Lani M. & Briggs, Harold E.
- 1172-1179 The fusion of culture and science: Challenges and controversies of cultural competency and evidence-based practice with an African American family advocacy network
by Briggs, Harold E.
- 1180-1186 Research with American Indian communities: The value of authentic partnerships
by Poupart, John & Baker, Lannesse & Horse, John Red
- 1187-1191 Evidence-based practice in family group decision-making for Anglo, African American and Hispanic families
by Sheets, Janess & Wittenstrom, Kim & Fong, Rowena & James, Joyce & Tecci, Michael & Baumann, Donald J. & Rodriguez, Carolyne
- 1192-1198 Building cultural competence: A systematic evaluation of the effectiveness of culturally sensitive interventions with ethnic minority youth
by Jackson, Kelly F.
- 1199-1205 Evidence-based treatments for trauma among culturally diverse foster care youth: Treatment retention and outcomes
by Weiner, Dana A. & Schneider, Alison & Lyons, John S.
- 1206-1213 Integrating cultural competency and empirically-based practices in child welfare services: A model based on community psychiatry field principles of health
by Bell, Carl C. & Wells, Susan J. & Merritt, Lani M.
2009, Volume 31, Issue 10
- 1069-1073 The international association: Origins, history, and development
by Canali, Cinzia & Maluccio, Anthony N. & Vecchiato, Tiziano & Berry, Marianne
- 1074-1079 Alumni of educational residential settings in Israel: A cultural perspective
by Zeira, Anat
- 1080-1085 Different ecological perspectives for evaluating residential care outcomes: Which window for the black box?
by Palareti, Laura & Berti, Chiara
- 1086-1091 Enhancing outcomes for children and young people: The potential of multi-layered interventions
by Sanders, Jackie & Munford, Robyn & Maden, Bruce
- 1092-1100 Children's wellbeing in care: Evidence from a longitudinal study of outcomes
by Fernandez, Elizabeth
- 1101-1106 Using racial disproportionality and disparity indicators to measure child welfare outcomes
by Tilbury, Clare & Thoburn, June
- 1107-1112 Child fatality or serious injury through maltreatment: Making sense of outcomes
by Brandon, Marian
- 1113-1118 Patterns of instability: Moves within the care system, their reasons, contexts and consequences
by Ward, Harriet
- 1119-1126 Adoption as a solution to intractable parenting problems: Evidence from two English studies
by Quinton, David & Selwyn, Julie
- 1127-1134 Toward a theory of change in community-based practice with youth: A case-study exploration
by Chaskin, Robert J.
- 1135-1143 A better path to permanency for children in out-of-home care
by Pine, Barbara A. & Spath, Robin & Werrbach, Gail B. & Jenson, Cary E. & Kerman, Benjamin
2009, Volume 31, Issue 9
- 947-956 Young adult outcomes and mental health problems among transition age youth investigated for maltreatment during adolescence
by Southerland, Dannia & Casanueva, Cecilia E. & Ringeisen, Heather
- 957-962 Causal relationships between background characteristics, service utilization, satisfaction, and service outcomes (school performance): A path analysis
by Cheon, Jeong Woong
- 963-971 Wealth, race/ethnicity, and children's educational outcomes
by Kaushal, Neeraj & Nepomnyaschy, Lenna
- 972-977 Child welfare workers go to court: The impact of race, gender, and education on the comfort with legal issues
by Faller, Kathleen Coulborn & Grabarek, Marguerite & Vandervort, Frank
- 978-989 Income and child development
by Berger, Lawrence M. & Paxson, Christina & Waldfogel, Jane
- 990-1000 Sexual risk behaviors among youth in the child welfare system
by James, Sigrid & Montgomery, Susanne B. & Leslie, Laurel K. & Zhang, Jinjin
- 1001-1009 Incorporating human sexuality content into a positive youth development framework: Implications for community prevention
by Romeo, Katherine E. & Kelley, Michele A.
- 1010-1018 Nonresident father support and reunification outcomes for children in foster care
by Malm, Karin E. & Zielewski, Erica H.
- 1019-1024 Benefits of cultural matching in foster care
by Brown, Jason D. & George, Natalie & Sintzel, Jennifer & St. Arnault, David
- 1025-1029 Rates and correlates of recurrent psychiatric crisis episodes among children and adolescents in state custody
by Park, Jung Min & Mandell, David S. & Lyons, John S.
- 1030-1041 Supporting the emotional and psychological well being of sexual minority youth: Youth ideas for action
by Davis, Tamara S. & Saltzburg, Susan & Locke, Chris R.
- 1042-1048 Exploring the impact of racial and ethnic differences in the emotional and behavioral responses of maltreated youth: Implications for culturally competent services
by Hatcher, Schnavia Smith & Maschi, Tina & Morgen, Keith & Toldson, Ivory A.
- 1049-1056 Caregiving environment and socio-emotional development of foster-placed FASD-children
by Koponen, Anne M. & Kalland, Mirjam & Autti-Rämö, Ilona
- 1057-1066 Adolescents' perspectives on relationships with grandparents: The contribution of adolescent, grandparent, and parent-grandparent relationship variables
by Attar-Schwartz, Shalhevet & Tan, Jo-Pei & Buchanan, Ann
2009, Volume 31, Issue 8
- 823-830 Gender differences in intake characteristics and behavior change among children in families receiving parent management training
by Kjøbli, John & Ogden, Terje
- 831-839 Developmental effects of exposure to Intimate Partner Violence in early childhood: A review of the literature
by Carpenter, Georgia L. & Stacks, Ann M.
- 840-846 Prediction of placement into out-of-home care for American Indian/Alaskan Natives compared to non-Indians
by Carter, Vernon B.
- 847-853 Twenty years of foster care in Spain: Profiles, patterns and outcomes
by del Valle, Jorge F. & López, Mónica & Montserrat, Carme & Bravo, Amaia
- 854-863 TANF status, ethnicity, and early school success
by Moon, Sung Seek & Hegar, Rebecca L. & Page, Jaimie
- 864-872 Supporting low-income families with young children: Patterns and correlates of service use
by Spielberger, Julie & Lyons, Sandra J.
- 873-878 Child safety measure as a proxy for child maltreatment: Preliminary evidence for the potential and validity of using ICD-9 coded hospital discharge data at the community level
by Ben-Arieh, Asher & McDonell, James
- 879-884 Voices of parent advocates within the systems of care model of service delivery
by Munson, Michelle R. & Hussey, David & Stormann, Chris & King, Teresa
- 885-895 Are girls really becoming more delinquent? Testing the gender convergence hypothesis by race and ethnicity, 1976-2005
by Goodkind, Sara & Wallace, John M. & Shook, Jeffrey J. & Bachman, Jerald & O'Malley, Patrick
- 896-902 Multidisciplinary assessment of child maltreatment: A multi-site pilot descriptive analysis of the Florida Child Protection Team model
by Jent, Jason F. & Merrick, Melissa T. & Dandes, Susan K. & Lambert, Walter F. & Haney, Mike L. & Cano, Nicole M.
- 903-910 The implementation and expansion of SAFE: Frontline responses and the transfer of technology to practice
by Crea, Thomas M. & Barth, Richard P. & Chintapalli, Laura K. & Buchanan, Rachel L.
- 911-918 Analysis of intercountry adoption policy and regulations: The case of Korea
by Kim, Soohyun & Smith, Carrie Jefferson
- 919-926 Effectiveness and limitations of the Earned Income Tax Credit for reducing child poverty in the United States
by Eamon, Mary Keegan & Wu, Chi-Fang & Zhang, Saijun
- 927-934 Child abuse potential: Correlates with child maltreatment rates and structural measures of neighborhoods
by Merritt, Darcey H.
- 935-945 Fathers and child maltreatment: A research agenda based on evolutionary theory and behavioral biology research
by Herring, David J.
2009, Volume 31, Issue 7
- 703-714 Adult recall of childhood psychological maltreatment: Definitional strategies and challenges
by Baker, Amy J.L.
- 715-721 Challenges to practice and knowledge in child welfare social work: From the 'social' to the 'informational'?
by Parton, Nigel
- 722-731 Needs and outcomes for low income youth in special education: Variations by emotional disturbance diagnosis and child welfare contact
by Lee, Madeline Y. & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 732-742 A review of services and interventions for runaway and homeless youth: Moving forward
by Slesnick, Natasha & Dashora, Pushpanjali & Letcher, Amber & Erdem, Gizem & Serovich, Julianne
- 743-751 Influencing policy for youth transitioning from care: Defining problems, crafting solutions, and assessing politics
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Clay, Cassandra
- 752-760 Factors associated with foster carer well-being, satisfaction and intention to continue providing out-of-home care
by Whenan, Rachel & Oxlad, Melissa & Lushington, Kurt
- 761-767 Type-specific intergenerational transmission of neglectful and physically abusive parenting behaviors among young parents
by Kim, Jinseok
- 768-774 Delayed placement: An analysis of the interstate compact for the placement of children in West Virginia
by Colyer, Corey J.
- 775-783 Latino children of immigrants in the child welfare system: Prevalence, characteristics, and risk
by Dettlaff, Alan J. & Earner, Ilze & Phillips, Susan D.
- 784-796 Parenting and the home environment provided by grandmothers of children in the child welfare system
by Dolan, Melissa M. & Casanueva, Cecilia & Smith, Keith R. & Bradley, Robert H.
- 797-806 Maltreated children's emerging well-being in Japanese state care
by Bamba, Sachiko & Haight, Wendy
- 807-812 Factors related to adolescents' seeking help from social workers in mental health settings
by Cheng, Tyrone C.
- 813-820 "What! What kind of apology is this?": The nature of apology in victim offender mediation
by Choi, Jung Jin & Severson, Margaret
2009, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 601-608 Responding to child sexual abuse in the United States and Kenya: Child protection and children's rights
by Mildred, Jane & Plummer, Carol A.
- 609-616 Shorter time-lines, yet higher hurdles: Mexican families' access to child welfare mandated services
by Ayón, Cecilia
- 617-624 Multiple child maltreatment recurrence relative to single recurrence and no recurrence
by Bae, Hwa-ok & Solomon, Phyllis L. & Gelles, Richard J.
- 625-634 Equal opportunity for all? Parental economic resources and children's educational attainment
by Nam, Yunju & Huang, Jin
- 635-641 Child abuse as a complex and wicked problem: Reflecting on policy developments in the United Kingdom in working with children and families with multiple problems
by Devaney, John & Spratt, Trevor
- 642-648 Social adaptation and communicative competence in children in care
by Moreno Manso, Juan Manuel & García-Baamonde Sánchez y Macarena Blázquez Alonso, Ma Elena
- 649-653 Prevalence and characteristics of depression and substance use in a U.S. child welfare sample
by Orton, Heather D. & Riggs, Paula D. & Libby, Anne M.
- 654-661 Adjustment of school-aged children and adolescents growing up in at-risk families: Relationships between family variables and individual, relational and school adjustment
by Jiménez, L. & Dekovic, M. & Hidalgo, V.
- 662-669 Perceptions of readiness to leave care among adolescents in foster care in Israel
by Benbenishty, Rami & Schiff, Miriam
- 670-679 Kinship care and sibling placement: Child behavior, family relationships, and school outcomes
by Hegar, Rebecca L. & Rosenthal, James A.
- 680-687 Matched savings accounts: A study of youths' perceptions of program and account design
by Scanlon, Edward & Buford, Andrea & Dawn, Kenneth
- 688-696 Addressing disproportionality and disparity in child welfare: Evaluation of an anti-racism training for community service providers
by Johnson, Lisa M. & Antle, Becky F. & Barbee, Anita P.
- 697-698 A reply to Mark Testa's rejoinder concerning national foster care population trends
by Pelton, Leroy H.
- 699-700 Effective child protection, Eileen Munro, (second edition), SAGE Publication Ltd., London, 2008, 176 pp., ISBN: 978-1-4129-4695-7 pbk
by Esposito, Tonino
2009, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 497-505 Collaboration between child welfare agencies and domestic violence service providers: Relationship with child welfare policies and practices for addressing domestic violence
by Banks, Duren & Hazen, Andrea L. & Coben, Jeffrey H. & Wang, Kathleen & Griffith, Janet D.
- 506-512 Evaluating contract agency performance in achieving reunification
by Wulczyn, Fred & Chen, Lijun & Orlebeke, Britany
- 513-525 Interorganizational disparities in foster care service provision
by McBeath, Bowen & Meezan, William
- 526-532 Parenting education and support policies and their consequences in selected OECD countries
by Shulruf, Boaz & O'Loughlin, Claire & Tolley, Hilary
- 533-540 The relationship between non-resident fathers' social networks and social capital and the establishment of child support orders
by Castillo, Jason T.
- 541-546 Effects of Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care for Preschoolers (MTFC-P) on reducing permanent placement failures among children with placement instability
by Fisher, Philip A. & Kim, Hyoun K. & Pears, Katherine C.
- 547-554 Individual and organizational factors in job retention in Kentucky's child welfare agency
by Yankeelov, Pamela A. & Barbee, Anita P. & Sullivan, Dana & Antle, Becky F.
- 555-562 Overcoming challenges to implementing and evaluating evidence-based interventions in child welfare: A matter of necessity
by Maher, Erin J. & Jackson, Lovie J. & Pecora, Peter J. & Schultz, Dana J. & Chandra, Anita & Barnes-Proby, Dionne S.
- 563-571 Lighthouse independent living program: Characteristics of youth served and their outcomes at discharge
by Kroner, Mark J. & Mares, Alvin S.
- 572-576 Youth policy and participation: An analysis of pedagogical ideals in municipal youth policy in the Netherlands
by Timmerman, Greetje
- 577-583 A structural model of causal influence between aggression and psychological traits: Survey of female correctional facility in Japan
by Matsuura, Naomi & Hashimoto, Toshiaki & Toichi, Motomi
- 584-593 Examining the facilitators and barriers faced by adoptive professionals delivering post-placement services
by Ryan, Scott D. & Nelson, Nina & Siebert, Carl F.
- 594-600 Brief and intensive family support program to prevent emergency placements: Lessons learned from a process evaluation
by Dagenais, Christian & Brière, Frédéric N. & Gratton, Geneviève & Dupont, Didier
2009, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 429-439 The developmental-ecological approach of Japanese child welfare professionals to supporting children's social and emotional well-being: The practice of mimamori
by Bamba, Sachiko & Haight, Wendy
- 440-444 What happens to youth removed from parental care?: Health and economic outcomes for women with a history of out-of-home placement
by Schneider, Renee & Baumrind, Nikki & Pavao, Joanne & Stockdale, Gary & Castelli, Paola & Goodman, Gail S. & Kimerling, Rachel
- 445-450 Trends in child welfare's focus on children's mental health and services from 1980-2004
by Leathers, Sonya J. & McMeel, Lorri S. & Prabhughate, Abhijit & Atkins, Marc S.
- 451-456 Clinical supervision of court-referred juvenile offenders: Are juvenile referrals the least among equals?
by Leone, Matthew C. & Roget, Nancy A. & Norland, Jennifer H.
- 457-463 Sources of resiliency among successful foster youth
by Hass, Michael & Graydon, Kelly
- 464-470 Solution-focused brief therapy in schools: A review of the outcome literature
by Kim, Johnny S. & Franklin, Cynthia
- 471-481 Re-entering foster care: Trends, evidence, and implications
by Kimberlin, Sara E. & Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Austin, Michael J.
- 482-488 The trend in the income status of children in female-headed families: A replication and update
by Yoo, Jiyoung & Lim, Younghee
- 489-490 A note contesting Mark Testa's version of national foster care population trends
by Pelton, Leroy H.
- 491-494 How the bear evolved into a whale: A rejoinder to Leroy Pelton's note contesting Mark Testa's version of national foster care population trends
by Testa, Mark F.
- 495-496 Julia H. Littell, Jacqueline Corcoran and Vijayan Pillai , Systematic reviews and meta-analysis, Oxford University Press, New York (2008), p. 202 ISBN: 978-0-19-532654-3
by Cook, Charlene
2009, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 297-299 Environment and child well-being
by Freisthler, Bridget & Crampton, David
- 300-308 Parental and community level correlates of participation in out-of-school activities among children living in low income neighborhoods
by Coulton, Claudia & Irwin, Molly
- 309-316 Race and child maltreatment reporting: Are Blacks overrepresented?
by Drake, Brett & Lee, Sang Moo & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 317-324 Neighborhood influences on young children's conduct problems and pro-social behavior: Evidence from an Australian national sample
by Edwards, Benjamin & Bromfield, Leah M.
- 325-330 Alcohol outlet density, parental monitoring, and adolescent deviance: A multilevel analysis
by Freisthler, Bridget & Byrnes, Hilary F. & Gruenewald, Paul J.
- 331-337 Neighborhood structure and foster care entry risk: The role of spatial scale in defining neighborhoods
by Lery, Bridgette
- 338-345 Trying to keep children out of trouble: Child characteristics, neighborhood quality, and within-household resource allocation
by Romich, Jennifer
- 346-348 Environment and child well-being
by Crampton, David S. & Freisthler, Bridget
- 349-354 Predictors of posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents
by Hizli, Feride Gokben & Taskintuna, Nilgun & Isikli, Sedat & Kilic, Cengiz & Zileli, Leyla
- 355-363 The impact of social transfers on children in female-headed households: A comparison between Korea and the United States
by Ozawa, Martha N. & Baek, Sun-Hee & Joo, Myungkook
- 364-369 Training child protective services workers about domestic violence: Needs, strategies, and barriers
by Button, Deeanna M. & Payne, Brian K.
- 370-377 A qualitative examination of a state-wide initiative to empower families containing children and adolescents with behavioral health care needs
by Scheer, Scott D. & Gavazzi, Stephen M.
- 378-382 Children's mental health service use and maternal mental health: A path analytic model
by Pfefferle, Susan G. & Spitznagel, Edward L.
- 383-390 Family group decision making: A propensity score analysis to evaluate child and family services at baseline and after 36-months
by Weigensberg, Elizabeth C. & Barth, Richard P. & Guo, Shenyang
- 391-397 Job satisfaction in a stable state child welfare workforce: Implications for staff retention
by Strand, Virginia C. & Dore, Martha Morrison
- 398-404 An empirical analysis of factors affecting adolescent attachment in adoptive families with homosexual and straight parents
by Erich, Stephen & Kanenberg, Heather & Case, Kim & Allen, Theresa & Bogdanos, Takis
- 405-409 Kindergarten teachers' experience of reporting child abuse in Taiwan: Dancing on the edge
by Feng, Jui-Ying & Chen, Shu-Jung & Wilk, Nancy C. & Yang, Wan-Ping & Fetzer, Susan
- 410-421 Fostering security? A meta-analysis of attachment in adopted children
by van den Dries, Linda & Juffer, Femmie & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H. & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J.
- 422-427 Is the overrepresentation of the poor in child welfare caseloads due to bias or need?
by Jonson-Reid, Melissa & Drake, Brett & Kohl, Patricia L.
2009, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 177-184 What could explain the dramatic rise in out-of-home placement in Finland in the 1990s and early 2000s?
by Hiilamo, Heikki
- 185-192 Toward best practice and innovation in independent living training: Experiences from the multi-site evaluation of federally-funded projects
by Amodeo, Maryann & Collins, Mary E. & Clay, Cassandra
- 193-198 The impact of parental substance abuse on the stability of family reunifications from foster care
by Brook, Jody & McDonald, Tom
- 199-205 Contested cases of physical abuse: Evidentiary characteristics of modified and overturned outcomes
by Fakunmoju, Sunday B.
- 206-210 Examining the psychometric properties of the Maslach Burnout Inventory with a sample of child protective service workers in Korea
by Oh, Seung-Hwan & Lee, Minhong
- 211-218 "CPS is not a housing agency"; Housing is a CPS problem: Towards a definition and typology of housing problems in child welfare cases
by Shdaimah, Corey S.
- 219-226 The social and family backgrounds of infants in South Australian out-of-home care 2000-2005: Predictors of subsequent abuse notifications
by Delfabbro, Paul & Borgas, Mignon & Rogers, Nancy & Jeffreys, Helen & Wilson, Ros
- 227-234 Parents social and resource capital: Predictors of academic achievement during early childhood
by Schlee, Bethanne M. & Mullis, Ann K. & Shriner, Michael
- 235-242 Challenges and strengths among Chafee Education and Training Voucher eligible youth: The rural service providers' perspective
by Wells, Melissa & Zunz, Sharyn
- 243-248 The relationship between state efforts and child support performance
by Huang, Chien-Chung & Edwards, Richard L.
- 249-256 Domestic violence crimes and children: A population-based investigation of direct sensory exposure and the nature of involvement
by Fusco, Rachel A. & Fantuzzo, John W.
- 257-264 Exploring the influence of gender on adolescents' service needs and service pathways
by Maschi, Tina & Schwalbe, Craig S. & Morgen, Keith & Gibson, Sandy & Violette, Nancy M.
- 265-273 Adolescents' perspectives on placement moves and congregate settings: Complex and cumulative instabilities in out-of-home care
by Hyde, Justeen & Kammerer, Nina
- 274-283 Children's college aspirations and expectations: The potential role of children's development accounts (CDAs)
by Elliott III, William
- 284-291 The importance of friends among foster youth aging out of care: Cluster profiles of deviant peer affiliations
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Litschge, Christy & Kolivoski, Karen & Schelbe, Lisa
2009, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-7 Gender and ethnic differences for Hispanic children referred to child protective services
by Alzate, Mónica M. & Rosenthal, James A.
- 8-15 Facing the challenges of children and youth with special abilities and needs on the fringes of Omani society
by Profanter, Annemarie
- 16-22 The impact of early mental health services on the trajectory of externalizing behavioral problems in a sample of high-risk pre-adolescent children
by Thompson, Richard
- 23-31 The impact of low- and moderate-wealth homeownership on parental attitudes and behavior: Evidence from the community advantage panel
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Yeo, Yeong H. & Birdsong, Susanna S. & Despard, Mathieu R. & Quercia, Roberto G.
- 32-39 A comparative study of policy approach for child protection in Goa and Singapore
by Desai, Murli
- 40-46 Children with disabilities: Problems faced by foster parents
by Brown, Jason D. & Rodger, Susan
- 47-52 Generations of Hope Communities: An intergenerational neighborhood model of support and service
by Eheart, Brenda Krause & Hopping, David & Power, Martha Bauman & Mitchell, Elissa Thomann & Racine, David
- 53-62 The beliefs of resilient African-American adolescent mothers transitioning from foster care to independent living: A case-based analysis
by Haight, Wendy & Finet, Dayna & Bamba, Sachiko & Helton, Jesse
- 63-70 Receipt of professional care coordination among families raising children with special health care needs: A multilevel analysis of state policy needs
by Parish, Susan L. & Rose, Roderick A. & Andrews, Megan E. & Shattuck, Paul T.
- 71-77 Mothers' experience of methamphetamine addiction: A case-based analysis of rural, midwestern women
by Haight, Wendy L. & Carter-Black, Janet D. & Sheridan, Kathryn
- 78-88 Intentions to remain employed in child welfare: The role of human caring, self-efficacy beliefs, and professional organizational culture
by Ellett, Alberta J.
- 89-96 Assessing candidates for adoptive parenthood. Institutional re-formulations of biographical notes
by Noordegraaf, Martine & van Nijnatten, Carolus & Elbers, Ed
- 97-103 School climate and children's views of their rights: A multi-cultural perspective among Jewish and Arab adolescents
by Khoury-Kassabri, Mona & Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 104-111 Natural mentoring and psychosocial outcomes among older youth transitioning from foster care
by Munson, Michelle R. & McMillen, J. Curtis
- 112-118 The role of child welfare managers in promoting agency performance through experimentation
by McBeath, Bowen & Briggs, Harold E. & Aisenberg, Eugene
- 119-124 Implementation fidelity of Team Decisionmaking
by Crea, Thomas M. & Usher, Charles L. & Wildfire, Judith B.
- 125-139 Runaway youths in Singapore: Exploring demographics, motivations, and environments
by Khong, Lana Yiu Lan
- 140-154 AdoptUsKids national photolisting service: Characteristics of listed children and length of time to placement
by Avery, Rosemary J. & Butler, J.S. & Schmidt, Ellie Bradsher & Holtan, Barbara A.
- 155-160 Residential education: An emerging resource for improving educational outcomes for youth in foster care?
by Lee, Bethany & Barth, Rick P.
- 161-168 Satisfaction with counseling among black males in transition from the foster care system
by Scott Jr., Lionel D. & Munson, Michelle R. & White, Tony
- 169-170 ,Coercive control: How men entrap women in personal life by Evan Stark , Oxford University Press, NY (2007) 452p
by Jenney, Angelique
- 170-172 Robert J. Chaskin and Jona M. Rosenfeld, Editors, Research for Action: Cross - National Perspectives on Connecting Knowledge, Policy and Practice for Children, Oxford University Press (2008)
by Wilson, Dee
- 173-174 Leslie T. Foster and Brian Wharf , People, Politics and Child Welfare in British Columbia, UBC Press, Vancouver (2008) ISBN 978-0-7748-1373-0, p. 286
by Gallagher-Mackay, Kelly
2008, Volume 30, Issue 12
- 1345-1354 Are street children beyond rehabilitation? Understanding the life situation of street boys through ethnographic methods in Nakuru, Kenya
by Kaime-Atterhög, Wanjiku & Ahlberg, Beth Maina
- 1355-1365 Pre-professional mandated reporters' understanding of young children's eyewitness testimony: Implications for training
by Smith, Maureen C.
- 1366-1375 Depression among Latino children in the public child welfare system
by Ayón, Cecilia & Marcenko, Maureen O.
- 1376-1385 Mapping the social service pathways of youth to and through the juvenile justice system: A comprehensive review
by Maschi, Tina & Hatcher, Schnavia Smith & Schwalbe, Craig S. & Rosato, Nancy Scotto
- 1386-1394 Home visitors' perceptions of teen mothers: Using qualitative research to explore labeling theory
by Haynes-Lawrence, Darbi
- 1395-1402 Female juvenile prostitutes: Exploring the relationship to substance use
by Brawn, Kara Marie & Roe-Sepowitz, Dominique
- 1403-1416 Current status and evidence base of training for foster and treatment foster parents
by Dorsey, Shannon & Farmer, Elizabeth M.Z. & Barth, Richard P. & Greene, Kaylin M. & Reid, John & Landsverk, John
- 1417-1424 Children working in the streets of Colombian cities: Different pathways to the street lead to different populations
by Pinzón-Rondón, Angela M. & Hofferth, Sandra & Briceño, Leonardo
- 1425-1436 Outcomes in residential treatment for youth: The role of early engagement
by Smith, Brenda D. & Duffee, David E. & Steinke, Camela M. & Huang, Yufan & Larkin, Heather
- 1437-1446 Young mothers and babies wellness program
by Love, Susan M. & Suarez, Ana M. & Love, Marianne E.
- 1447-1457 The first-three years of parenting: Evidence from the Fragile Families and Child Well-Being Study
by Huang, Chien-Chung & Lee, Inseon
- 1458-1464 Strengthening the integration of actuarial risk assessment with clinical judgment in an evidence based practice framework
by Schwalbe, Craig S.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 11
- 1221-1232 Variability in the implementation of Team Decisionmaking (TDM): Scope and compliance with the Family to Family practice model
by Crea, Thomas M. & Crampton, David S. & Abramson-Madden, Anne & Usher, Charles L.
- 1233-1245 'A load too heavy': Critical reflections on the child labor problem in Africa's small-scale mining sector
by Hilson, Gavin
- 1246-1255 Youth perceptions of neighborhood hassles and resources: A mixed method analysis
by Anthony, Elizabeth K. & Nicotera, Nicole
- 1256-1266 Former foster youth remember multiple placement moves: A journey of loss and hope
by Unrau, Yvonne A. & Seita, John R. & Putney, Kristin S.
- 1267-1278 A cost-benefit analysis of transitional services for emancipating foster youth
by Packard, Thomas & Delgado, Melanie & Fellmeth, Robert & McCready, Karen
- 1279-1288 The policy context of leaving care services: A case study of Northern Ireland
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Pinkerton, John
- 1289-1298 Disposable lives
by Snow, Kim
- 1299-1317 Evidence-based or biased? The quality of published reviews of evidence-based practices
by Littell, Julia H.
- 1318-1327 Predictors of children in foster care being adopted: A classification tree analysis
by Snowden, Jessica & Leon, Scott & Sieracki, Jeffrey
- 1328-1335 Parental attitudes towards education: What matters for children's well-being?
by Yang, Sonam & Shin, Chang Sik
- 1336-1344 Placement preferences among children living in foster or kinship care: A cluster analysis
by Merritt, Darcey H.
2008, Volume 30, Issue 10
- 1101-1110 Psychopathic personality features and risks for criminal justice system involvement among emancipating foster youth
by Vaughn, Michael G. & Litschge, Christine & DeLisi, Matt & Beaver, Kevin M. & McMillen, Curtis J.
- 1111-1118 Prioritizing cultural competence in the implementation of an evidence-based practice model
by Bridge, Tana J. & Massie, Enos Greer & Mills, Crystal S.
- 1119-1130 Children of incarcerated parents: Challenges and resiliency, in their own words
by Nesmith, Ande & Ruhland, Ebony
- 1131-1143 Maltreated children's emotional availability with kin and non-kin foster mothers: A sociobiological perspective
by Lawler, Michael J.
- 1144-1158 Adolescents of New York City immigrant families
by Han, Wen-Jui